Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Jul 10, 2014 8:49 AM

Jan 2013
Lol at the Another reference.... LOL even the characters are there.

Anyways.. good anime, had fun with it.. but those crazy moments >.< dam'. Let's see what the OVA brings.
Jul 11, 2014 10:15 AM

Aug 2013
Mixed feelings about this show. I'm not sure if I found it funny or depressing. It was good and bad at the same time. I know the point of this show was to show Tomoko's struggle to be popular (or at least relevant) but halfway through, it kind of got old. I can't help but feel for Tomoko though. She tries really hard but she needs help ;__;

7/10.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 19, 2014 8:23 PM
Jul 2014
It's kind of hard to relate to Tomoko's character. Mostly because she turned out to be miserable and selfish, and I get why, but still. Everything that she does is for her own well being. That's not the way you make friends. Usually you give something to earn something in return. The MC does not give anything at all, she just wants more. And of course she fails because of it. Tomoko doesn't love herself.

I was quite shy during my school days. I wasn't popular at all, most people didn't like me, my parents included. But somehow I always wanted those around me to be better human beings, so they can be happy. And so I tried to help them, showing them why they were wrong. Some people may think this is weird, but even those who tried to hurt me, I hold dear. Maybe because it's possible for me to see through them, understanding what could have happened in their lives to be the way they're now on present, 'cause I knew that given the chance I was in their places, I would have grown up into a similiar human being.
It wasn't just hard and great to help people out, I did make good friends, even beyond brotherhood. Of course, I've never done something out of selfishness, and so, the same happened to me, some of those persons started to look after me, caring about me, because I was looking after them.

5/10 It was hard to watch her constantly missing out the key points and foundation behind any true friendship bond. What she needed wasn't popularity, it was love. I think Tomoko's last hope is to be found by that kind of "guide character" who helps everybody without asking anything in return.

Apologies for my english, it isn't my first language.
Aug 7, 2014 5:09 PM

Jun 2013
Great ending for this anime, although it could have been a bit better. Tomoko has come to terms with not being popular and accepts it. I am glad for her, that's all I needed to see. This anime gets an 8/10 from me. Next up: The OVA! (When it airs)
Aug 7, 2014 5:43 PM

Apr 2014
i would like to see a season 2 where Tomoko learns to become more comfortable with herself/other people. i actual can relate to her too much, lol.
Aug 15, 2014 8:30 AM

Nov 2011
what

the fuck

Is this for real

That's it?

The manga's still ongoing, so it BETTER have a sequel, though I don't see how it could get any better.

Damn assholes ending it with probably the ONLY other person in the show who actually likes Tomoko. (someone please tell me Imae is important. That's the only reason I'd want to watch S2)

The director did BakaTest too, so it's surprising this wasn't as funny. For shame.
Aug 23, 2014 11:31 AM
Aug 2014
At the first moment i tought: "WTF? Thats it?", but then i read, that the manga is still going on and a ova is also announced.
Thank god, because THIS episode surely is NOT a way to end a series.
The MC made 0 progression, hope this will be fixed in a second season.

But despite the bad finale, it was a real funny and good anime. I love Tomoko, one of the best and cutest charakters out there. ^^
Sep 27, 2014 10:00 PM

Mar 2014
The end of the solitary fall ~ ..
More fun things !!
Goals for the future !! .. It's quite funny when yuu-chan says something honestly weird words ~
Tomoki .. why getting the proud spotlight by saying that .. well .. you can If it has helped you .
Hmm .. good idea . using a voice recorder to find out the opinion of others about you .. though , you can ask them face-to-face but .. not effective to those who're not confident enough .
Ohh .. the nonexistent .. that reference .. lol !! She's the "nobody" of the class.
Pay attention !! Focus to air-oki-san !! that cockroach POV .. !! cheers from the crowd !!
Looks like the courageous squashing became the talk of the class in a bad way . freaky .
Tomoko as the shadow of great self-assurance .. she .. ran away from the chance .. lmao .
Pretty good episode !!! .. atleast she tried lol .. determination !! yep .. she is "cute" :D

WataMote . was a hilarious , heart-touching and splendid anime that tells a story of an unpopular girl .. and still lonesome near the end of the season . It was a nice display of emotions .. in which , the main character is trying to achieve her goal to be "acknowledged" as having companions on her high-school life . though , there was no real .. character development on her social relationships (some are just temporary or still improving) , the motivational factor (or the moral lesson I guess) was the objective to have friends with the determination to boost the confidence needed .
I hope for a second season or just a follow-up to change her "pitiful" lifestyle into a great one.
Fill the lacks of the plot by doing some interesting continuations .
AnimeLaver01Sep 27, 2014 10:05 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2014 5:46 PM
Jul 2014
After watching the entire anime , I am surprised from myself , how did I finish it !!!
At start I watched this anime to lough , but then I wanted to see how she is gonaa change her life, every time I finish watching an Ep I feel like a big rock have been placed over my heart or a black aura around me or…….. there are times when I wished that I could be part of the anime or help that baka somehow , I felt sadness with her too , I hold the screen and wish that I could throw a handkerchief for that baka to wipe her tears , but overall the ending was not satisfying , she couldn't change anything in her life , maybe I am kinda emotional while typing this reply because there ppl like that in real life .
Nov 10, 2014 10:25 AM

Sep 2014
That was a nice watch, had fun. I kinda wish there would be more progress in the story though. The ending, well, is pretty non-existent actually and doesn't really change anything, she could have said that after any other episode, lul. I guess it's totally open for a sequel, and I hope we do get to see one in the future. The manga is still ongoing so it would be nice to watch some more.

Oh, and the opening is totally awesome. One of the best I've heard so far.
Nov 15, 2014 6:42 PM

Feb 2013
Attack on Titan salute when they were taking pictures, lol. That Another and Terra Formars reference.

Anyone feel like the students were way overreacting to one cockroach?

Dat pantsu! HNNG!

Damn, look at Tomoko run! Yuu joins and it becomes very bouncy!

Good series! Time for the OVA!
Nov 21, 2014 5:00 AM

Dec 2013
liked it a lot but felt sad for tomoko :'(
Dec 13, 2014 3:42 PM

Sep 2014
Was okay for a finale episode. I enjoyed the anime but it wasn't the greatest thing in the world to me. I guess Slice of Lifes aren't my cup of tea.

6/10

"Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy."
Dec 18, 2014 1:30 PM

Oct 2014
Hopefully there will be a season 2

Manga still going strong with watamote
Jan 27, 2015 1:56 AM
Jun 2013
Was that a reference to jormungand? Hope it doesint have a shitty ending like that anime. Yuu seems so innocent im surprised she has a boyfriend. lol I just finished seeing another right before this had a little problem with that anime by the way. Oh these students are jerks. You all are a bunch of wimps and one person did something you could not. Liked the ending and it didint end on a super depressing moment even that girl admits theres something special about her. Im a fan now and I even want a figure of tomoko. I really hope they make a season 2 to keep adapting the manga.
Feb 1, 2015 11:18 AM
Sep 2013
This anime made me die of laughter and face palm like no other, gonna miss this one
Mar 25, 2015 4:23 PM
Feb 2015
am I the only one who even cried over this anime? sure I really enjoy the comedies but yet this show is still really painful for me. God I want a season 2. I wanna see atleast tomoko has a friend at school. for fuck sake.
May 6, 2015 4:55 AM

Apr 2013
So in the end... nothing's really changed? Kind of depressive, but I guess reality is like that. 6/10
Jul 3, 2015 11:03 AM

Feb 2015
Nice ending - I guess... . Anyway really enjoyed this anime and I will miss it. I want a second season! Also, loved those references to Another.
Jul 8, 2015 5:02 AM

Sep 2014
There were a lot of funny moments and references but I never really felt good after watching an episode.

No matter what Tomoko did, things never got any better for her.
The way she spoke to classmates was painful to listen to, the stuttering and hoarse voice (Japanese).

Her delusions were often extreme and interesting to watch.
Mirai, zura~!
Jul 18, 2015 1:21 AM

Oct 2014
That was a perfect ending. Not sure what everyone is talking about, that was the best way they could end it. She realized trying to be popular was ridiculous and in the end she accepted herself and her reality and that's all that she can do, so she accepts it.

10/10
Aug 6, 2015 3:08 PM

Jan 2015
I think this anime is realistic. When i started to watch it, i thought that in the middle she would met some boy or girl that could change her life in a positive way (like some school anime where the shy girl, boy "casually" met a special friend etc..). But in this anime this didn't happen. And it's very realistic. If you are the quiet type in real life, and you don't try to approach other people, probably you will remain by yourself. You could meet a special boy or girl that can help you but if you don't speak with others, if you remain in your room, the probabilities aren't that much.
I liked it but it was a bit sad. But that's reality.
Aug 31, 2015 7:32 PM

Dec 2014
That was pretty boring. This anime could've worked if it was 4 episodes long or 8 minute episodes but a full length anime with nothing really happening is just too boring. There's needs to be an OVA or something were she is at least slowly learning not to be an idiot and then it would've been a little bit worth it but that's not the case so I'm left disappointed. The cringe/jokes were okay but they started getting really old really fast.

5/10
Sep 4, 2015 6:22 PM

Dec 2012
I loved the ending. Really, really good.
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Sep 10, 2015 2:28 PM

Feb 2015
What kind of ending was that? Sigh... still no happy ending but at least she tried.

That Another reference though... wow, couldn't stop laughing.
Sep 26, 2015 3:05 PM

Aug 2014
The sequence where she was running with the music playing in the backround. Awesome.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Nov 8, 2015 12:40 AM

May 2014
Loved this series, definitely got attached to Tomoko as a character. Her progression was very little, but it was there nonetheless.

9/10!
Nov 12, 2015 6:52 PM

Mar 2014
The ending was a bit bitter sweet...
"I have blue eyes, blonde hair... uhhhh... gatling cannon..." My smile's fanbase... maybe...
[remember to put image here so sig look cool]_______
Dec 6, 2015 12:52 PM

Jul 2014
Overall, this show was pretty good, but it was so cringey (not necessarily in a bad way) that I'm not really sure if I'd be able to rewatch it, even though I liked it.

4/5 for the episode, 7/10 for the show, but I might change my rating later.
Dec 28, 2015 4:51 AM

Jan 2014
Unique and painfully hilarious. A great show that balances both the good and bad of reality without trumping its characterization. WataMote is an 8/10 for me. Very good show. Will hope for a second season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2016 4:46 PM

Jul 2015
I think I took this anime way too seriously, because I mostly felt sorry for Tomoko instead of actually being humored. I mean, I get what they were trying to pull with this in many of the situations she's in, but it felt like they executed it unintentionally in the wrong ways. What they tried to make as funny made it aching or sad for me to watch her go through or witness how she felt in such situations. I know that she brought most of those things upon herself, but my goodness... It makes me want to give her a hug or something. The interactions with her brother were one of the examples I found as being funny most of the time.

I can emphasize with someone like her despite that I have NEVER had such social anxiety and attention seeking like she very clearly has (for obvious and understandable reasons, in my opinion), and have never been in such embarrassing moments like she had been in (at least as far as I remember. lol).

I gave it a 6/10 overall.
Jan 20, 2016 10:47 AM

Dec 2009
This is one of those shows that's hard to pin down exactly how it leaves you feeling. Tomoko was so lovably pathetic, and there was so much painful cringe humour as well. When not being cringy, this show made my wanna hug and pet Tomoko so much. When cringy there was stuff that just reminded me of the seemingly nonsensical gross crap some kids do sometimes that i wish i could forget (like the messed up faces and messing with vacuums and stuff).

I had the view Imae had, she's always trying so hard but screws up so bad. I'm not a social awkward, but i often keep quiet because my mouth doesn't exactly obey me - end up patooey-ing my words trying to say what should be completely easy to say. Verbal communication uses many areas of the brain and uses a significant amount of juice to process, they don't always harmonize so well chemically for people. So i do have a vague sympathy for Tomoko's position, enough to extrapolate to the point where i empathize and almost see it as a cruelty to not notice these struggling people and help them out (even tiny acknowledgement can go a long way) - as most people automatically ignore someone who doesn't enter themselves into the social context much on their own.

Not everyone's wired the same way, and people ought to be more natural around anomalous individuals.

I personally found this show kinda cool philosophically, because it was made in a way (just like cuteness tends to tickle people's happiness centres) that just so well prods that pity centre of emotions. It automatically makes you feel bad and want to pat her or something. That said: it can often at times be the same in real life, you just need to hear these kinds of peoples' stories, or guess ones for them to tickle your desire to include them.

If this is anything besides cringe humour, it's a shout out to all those awkward people around that could use some love too.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Mar 8, 2016 7:48 PM
Feb 2016
OMG that OP!

I wont miss this one, ending was sad, but what can you expect from a slice of life.

pm me if you want me to reply, i dont visit the forums after i post
PM me if you want me to reply, I don't check the forums again after I reply

Mar 26, 2016 12:01 PM

Nov 2014
I literally yelled "What the fuck?! Why?!" when that random wind came and blew up Imae's skirt. I SO wanted Tomoko and Imae to least exchange a few words that might give Tomoko some peace.

I've never seen a show so simultaneously hilarious and depressing.

Episodes 1 - 12: 5/5
Series: 7/10
Apr 7, 2016 1:15 PM
Aug 2013
That Another reference was hilarious lol.

As cringey and painful this was, it was quite a fun watch.

Definitely wouldn't mind a second season.
Apr 22, 2016 1:17 PM

Jul 2015
Great show, wouldn't mind a second season too !
Jun 17, 2016 1:46 AM

Jun 2010
Overall nice concept, at times very relatable if you're anti social or just awkward. As a character she was all over the place, sympathetic, tragic, frustrating and then made you think how dumb or immature she was even for a fist year. I know some will say they could relate to her struggles and whatnot but at times it felt like a grind with little improvement.
Aug 15, 2016 6:19 PM

Sep 2013
Love the series. Didn't love the ending. No closure at all. I really wanted her to have a breakthrough at the end and they put her in a position where it looked like she might finally breakdown and overcome her fears and make a friend. But they just kind of ended it abruptly.

That might mean they're holding out for a second season, but it also means the second season will be the same as the first. I've seen her be a horribly awkward and shy teen. I want to see her grow and come out of her shell now.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Sep 4, 2016 4:14 AM
Jul 2016
Man, this series was painful
Sep 9, 2016 2:29 AM

Mar 2015
That is simply depressing. Also that Another reference...

I mean come on... she depressed herself when she tried to make friends but failed miserably. And since the manga is ongoing, I don't think she's being popular anytime soon.

Sep 13, 2016 4:27 PM

Oct 2014
Sooo, I'm giving this a 7.5/10 I did enjoy it however I think that ending could've been wrapped up a bit better.
Sep 20, 2016 3:40 AM

Feb 2013
She killed a terra formar and her classmates aren't impressed, fuck them!
She saw those panties and she flipped!
Nov 6, 2016 9:15 PM
May 2008
Three years since the finale and nobody noticed the Freezing reference? Some kid saying something about Burger Queen? (Which is also a reference to Burger King lol)
Jan 19, 2017 12:50 PM

Jul 2015
That sweet girl who hugged Tomoko in the last episode, thinks that Tomoko is cute! Well she is little, so that makes her cute, anyway, Tomoko is just really hypershy and terrified of any social interaction relative strangers.
Jan 27, 2017 7:32 AM

May 2013
In the end, she didn't get to progress as much as I wanted her to in talking to other people, haha. Oh well. These things take time.

This was a good comedy.

7/10
Feb 26, 2017 8:05 PM

Dec 2012
This definitely was a funny anime, almost painfully relatable in some ways, hahaha
Feb 27, 2017 8:27 PM

Sep 2016
At first I was like: Damn, why is this only slightly above 7. This is really good. Then I understood and I was happy to realize that I wasn't the only one. This thing is depressing as hell. You want her to win, but she never actually does.
Apr 6, 2017 6:33 AM
Jan 2017
cara esse anime não foi la essas coisas eles erraram muito onde ele não poderiam errar. e muito pouco acertos.
mais vi que quando tinha umas cenas de ação eles mandavam bem, pena que eles não focaram em uma historia boa ou em um desfeche bom.
E mais um episodio!
Apr 17, 2017 5:10 AM

Feb 2017
Wow, that wasn't what i was expecting from this anime. Started watching as i thought it would be some light relief anime and it went so much deeper than that. I feel for the character Tomoko, i wanted her to have progressed further in her quest to be able to deal with people and situations outside of the virtual world she was so used to being adept at. Unfortunately she as we discover real life is nothing like the games and anime that she and we play. I thought it was a great commentary on how the virtual world can sometimes damage those that believe they have the same skills in life, as they do in being MVP or the best at a game etc automatically makes them 'that same person' in the real world. Don't get me wrong, there were comedic moments, heart warming and playful moments that made it a well rounded anime as well as the darkness.

Think i made this to long. I am probably crashing from the choccy easter eggs we all ate yesterday. Time for some light relief methinks, Vampire Holmes here i come.
Aug 13, 2017 2:16 PM

Sep 2014
Wow this was a waste of time. They have this great and unique setting and do nothing with it. Even the comedy is boring.

Most of this anime was just sad, not a touching kind of sad, just "I know people like this exist" sad. And since I lost a classmate to suicide after we graduated, none of the not extreme scenes where funny to me. I laughed like 3 times total while watching this series and smiled like 5 times.

I would have loved to see her develope, overcome her anxiety. Something motivational to all the people who feel like her (hint - considering our community, I guess there are A LOT of people like her)
In the end the anime covered like 1 year and she has not progressed at all. Arguably it got worse. She still cant talk to boys, not even her teachers. She is even to afraid to talk to girls. Her little cousine who adored her now pities her. The only friend is still Yuu-Chan and we saw a friendly senpai. But she was to afraid to speak to her.
Great. Exactly how anime should be..

I guess only people who never experienced social anxiety or only to a very small degree can find this funny or good. If I had to pick something other then sad, funny would not be untrue. But its very weak and solely based on her problems with interacting with people.

Now I want to read the manga because I hope she developes, has a small victory. But from what Ive heard nothing gets better.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

rederoin - Jul 8, 2013

654 by ToleratedToast6 »»
Jun 11, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2013

258 by rafarab13 »»
May 22, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2013

202 by rafarab13 »»
May 21, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2013

144 by rafarab13 »»
May 21, 2:51 PM

» Need help identifying a song

XeroBeat - Apr 26

1 by CatChud »»
Apr 26, 5:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.