Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »
Dec 23, 2016 12:37 PM

Oct 2016
hell yea, i just called it that kana would die, damn i was happy when she died, loved this episode thank god!
Dec 28, 2016 4:26 AM
Dec 2016
I know that kana acted more like a fangirl and was delusional.but still she was better than murano.the main difference between kana and murano is that..kana had the ability to accept shinichi for what he is.but murano would always ask where is previous shinichi.why is he changed .she wants her previous shinichi back etc etc.no matter how much shinichi did for her she would still ask him "are you shinichi" crap...shinichi's fighting was awesome.bt when he got to kana.instead of trying to help her he just tried to say please don't speak crap.i know it wouldn't be possible to save her but he could still try.he should know that he was pierced in the same way.he could at least ask migi to try.i am not liking this anime that much now..this type of anime just kills a likeable character just to get trp...and i have to tolerate murano's crap now.and her "you have changed crap".just like Batman's gf rachel.
Dec 31, 2016 4:32 AM

Nov 2016
Wow I wasn't expecting Kana to die. I thought she somehow had a small amount of a parasyte in her, and that's how she could detect and emit the same signal... I was totally sure she would pair up with Shinichi. That came as a big surprise. She was creepy but an interesting character nonetheless.
Jan 11, 2017 6:45 AM

Jul 2008
I've said it before in an old thread but why must all the girls be so fraking stupid!!! Yoko pulled this earlier and nearly died, Murano is borderline, and Kana did get killed.

Idiots all of them.

The only one it seems with half a brain is hospital girl.
Jan 16, 2017 8:51 PM

Aug 2016
Thank God Kana finally died. She was getting annoying for being irrational. Also, this show is going downhill. It's not as thrilling as it was in the beginning.
Jan 28, 2017 2:19 AM

Mar 2015
Why Kana, do you have to be so stupid??
Now best girl is dead :(

Dang, now I have to put up with Murano for the rest of this series >.<
Jan 30, 2017 1:42 AM

Feb 2013
Fuck this fuck this fuck this
Feb 17, 2017 11:08 PM

Oct 2011
Right, just when I thought a Shinichi x Kana ending might be the best this is what happens next. ;(
Mar 8, 2017 7:22 PM

Dec 2016
Damn bro... R.I.P. Kana, death flags have been waving from the start tho
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 16, 2017 8:14 AM
Jun 2016
R.I.P 2nd best girl after MVP momma:'( she left too soon, her death flags were obvious but it happened so quickly and it escalated fast.
Apr 5, 2017 12:20 AM

Jul 2015
Dammit man, the best girl just got killed... I was really hoping that she'd take heed to his warnings, but I mean I guess there was no stopping it.. I tried so hard to force myself not to believe that she was going to die in spite of all these death flags but madsnlsnksldasknladnskldnakls im so sad now :CCC
And tbh, that 'Mitsuo' guy has it way worse lmfaoo. His last memory with her is his fight with her, and it ended with him walking away, and now to find out that this happens.. damn LOL that reallllyyyyyy sucks I feel bad for him.

caught in the wonder
Apr 9, 2017 11:48 AM

Jul 2013
Finally, the pointless love triangle is over. Kana had lots of potential to be relevant to the plot due to her abilities but in the end her character only revolves around Shinichi. Good riddance.
May 9, 2017 2:05 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
This episode man... it put me on the edge, and it ended just like that, tbh I already knew she died this episode, but the whole atmosphere was great, sad to see Kana going, she was kinda cute.
Shinichi is becoming more and more badass, and now we can easily see the advantage he has vs other parasytes, since they are 2 entities in one body, one can just focus on pure defense and other in relentless attacking, that overkill was the define proof.

That mayor parasyte also gave me the creeps.
Jun 1, 2017 5:43 AM

Nov 2013
She so had it coming. Stupid bitch.
Good riddance though. But no more Sawashiro Miyuki which sucks.
Jul 22, 2017 4:39 PM

Jun 2017
I honestly shipped Sninichi and Kana but she died smd
Aug 2, 2017 5:08 PM

Apr 2017
They killed off the insane girl so now only the annoying one is left. Great...
Aug 11, 2017 9:36 PM
Apr 2015
hot girl always dies
Aug 30, 2017 4:08 PM

Mar 2014
Damn it all, the best girl died. RIP Kana T_T

Shinichi nerf'd that parasyte though. It's still kind of sad to see how much of his humanity has been lost
Sep 6, 2017 4:37 PM

Dec 2010
If you think about Kana`s death in a bigger perspective it was inevitable. Just like Migi said. Sooner or later. Her signal would attract parasytes, so the only way to save her would be her staying 24/7 with Izumi.

She got a good death and that was a good point for further Izumi`s development. No complaints at all. This is not a shipping anime.

Schinichi was badass. Handle the defence, heck.

Mitsuo got some development, yeah finally. His ex girlfriend was bitch to him and he still tried to protect her stupid ass. Maybe all this would not happen if he was still following her, but she said "nope, fo".

Dec 1, 2017 11:50 PM

Jul 2009
Me for the first half of this show: well, I'm actually getting kind of annoyed with Kana, she's a freaking crazy stalker
Me in the second half: OH MY GOD HOLY CRAP THIS SHOW IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!
So apart from the little bit of confirmation about the mayor parasite, this episode was really heavily focused on Kana, who of course wears Shinichi's hair like a ring and swears she can tell him apart from any other parasite, but we've known for a while now that she can't. The interesting thing is that she can "emit" a signal like parasites?! What the heck was her deal?! I wonder if we'll find out, seeing as ... welp, she died, and then Shinichi just LOST IT. Holy crap, that sequence after was freaking epic. Not to mention the last bit with Mitsuo, who clearly cared for her a lot, and Shinichi admitting that he might not be human or capable of crying anymore. Dang man. Either way, preview shows Ryouko back, so maybe some more plot is gonna be getting underway!
Dec 6, 2017 2:25 AM

Aug 2017
Why do they always kill the Best Girl T_T. I really liked Kana.I just had the slightest of hope that maybe they won't kill kana, but why...why..why T_T

The background music was amazing,love it.

Great episode .RIP Kana😞😞
Feb 13, 2018 3:40 AM

Jul 2016
My blood is still red for now huh? Deep
Feb 13, 2018 4:19 AM

Jan 2013
It's sad to see Kana go but Migi is right, it was a matter of time, she kept focusing on the Parasite's and apparently that power got stronger by the day.

"My blood is still red ... for now" - Let's hope he's right, judging from his "moral" actions from time to time, it would seem so at least.
Feb 14, 2018 9:31 AM
Dec 2017
Kana is dead... dammit! she is cute... i wish she tag more long for while
Feb 16, 2018 2:37 AM
Apr 2017
The opening sequence (Kana's dream) made me jump. Very effective creepy sequence.

RIP Kana
Mar 20, 2018 12:26 AM

Feb 2010
Oh wow I never knew Kanna was so popular and people liked her so much. I definitely found her quite annoying at the start. But started to like her. I never expected her to die. I felt like she was going to be important because of her "power" I guess not :/
I don't ship shinishi and Kanna at all but I did feel bad cause she liked him so much. But more than anything I felt bad for the guy who actually liked Kanna. I almost cried :( poor guy. Wish she had given him a chance. Maybe she wouldn't have been killed.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Apr 11, 2018 9:51 PM

Sep 2009
Interesting that others thought she was best girl. I agree but didn't think she'd be as popular. Was kinda obvious it'd happen at some point but hoped for more for her.

RIP Kana. This show is pretty great though. Wasn't expecting much as just picked at random. Was a good choice.
Apr 26, 2018 12:14 PM

Apr 2013
And here I thought Kana's ability to sense parasites would be utilized later on, guess I was wrong. Maybe they'll find others with the same ability since it's quite useful.

I didn't like Kana a lot tbh since he's friends with assholes like Mitsuo and didn't give a crap about Shinichi getting punched to a bloody pulp before she learned of his parasite. Quite hypocritical that she suddenly likes him, so I was always rooting for Murano instead.
May 7, 2018 2:55 AM

Mar 2018
tearofmankind said:
Mitsuo got some development, yeah finally. His ex girlfriend was bitch to him and he still tried to protect her stupid ass. Maybe all this would not happen if he was still following her, but she said "nope, fo".

Gem said:
And tbh, that 'Mitsuo' guy has it way worse lmfaoo. His last memory with her is his fight with her, and it ended with him walking away, and now to find out that this happens.. damn LOL that reallllyyyyyy sucks I feel bad for him.

Mitsuo is shit. I hate bullies and gangsters with a passion. I have been rooting for him and his whole posse to get mincemeat-murdered by parasytes for ages now. He was an asshole at the beginning and he is an asshole now.

If he wants to be a worthwhile human being that deserves sympathy, he will need to do more than simply want his ex-girlfriend to not die. He needs to be an actually worthwhile human being.
May 8, 2018 3:57 PM

Dec 2010
SpectrumDT said:

Mitsuo is shit. I hate bullies and gangsters with a passion. I have been rooting for him and his whole posse to get mincemeat-murdered by parasytes for ages now. He was an asshole at the beginning and he is an asshole now.

If he wants to be a worthwhile human being that deserves sympathy, he will need to do more than simply want his ex-girlfriend to not die. He needs to be an actually worthwhile human being.

True. Scum like this will always be scum. But thanks to this episode he is not longer that one dimensional.
Sep 19, 2018 12:34 PM

Mar 2017
Kana was starting to get annoying for me the last few episodes, it seemed like her character changed for the worst. I am not sad she's gone tbh.
Oct 29, 2018 4:47 PM
Dec 2014
Girls is this show are dumb and I'm disappointed that they didn't explain why Kana have this kind of power.I feel sorry for Shinichi.
Jun 2, 2019 11:05 AM

Jul 2016
That bitch whack af

This episode was crazy, so much so that I regret checking this episode discussion thread to be honest... Ending was sad af, I feel really sorry for that blonde haired guy. I do hope we get to see more of his dad or what the parasites are planning on doing.
Jul 17, 2019 7:02 AM

Dec 2018
I thought Shinichi's superpower is active even when Migi is asleep, but this episode shows that Shinichi getting hurt after knocking his hand to the wall. Another plot hole.

Well what creature Kana is a plot hole.

"Love is blind."
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Aug 2, 2019 6:22 PM
Jul 2018
I am having so much conflicted feeling with this show so far. On the other hand, great Shinichi character development but at the same time we have to see such lame plot device like this.

Also again I gotta say no female leads have been very likable on this show so far but personally found Kana's character bearable but then suddenly the plot decides to kill her with bad plot device that makes me challenging to continue and the show's no near end yet. oh well :\
Nov 26, 2019 12:10 PM

Jan 2019
Kana was super annoying and a bit delusional. Wish there was more character development and backstory to why she was the way she was.

I mean she is friends w delinquents who beat people up for reasons we don't know why and then thinks she is soulmates with shinichi for sensing him. She has fantasy dreams about him but doesn't listen to him.

The writer made her a really poor character and now she died. How many more people have to die before shinichi finally has some more development and starts to have some resolve? He's so mentally weak for someone with no emotions.
candies:

Dec 22, 2019 8:08 AM
Jul 2017
I'm so glad she died, Kana almost made me drop this show.
Dec 22, 2019 8:12 AM
Jul 2017
Dec 22, 2019 8:13 AM
Jul 2017
Jan 22, 2020 10:32 AM

Apr 2019
Poor Kana. She had such strong feelings for him and she died because of them.
Feb 8, 2020 4:20 AM
Jul 2019
Best girl died. She's more capable of loving Shinichi than Murano. I still don't know how she has that kind of ability to sense parasites. Shinichi can't even tell if he's human or not. This is sad, I'm gonna watch Date a Live for now.
Feb 14, 2020 6:18 AM

Aug 2016
God this show has stupid writing at times
Apr 19, 2020 3:21 AM
Apr 2020
this is just stupid, why would you have the need to kill an important heroine in the story :/ This isn't really the best decision you made. This is so messed up I hated it. I mean I like the authors who has guts to kill characters to impose more emotion in the story but dang this us just nonsense.
Apr 22, 2020 10:24 PM

Jul 2013
I knew at some point that must happen and it's still just sad to see Kana go. The whole situation went out of hand. She had such a big crush on Shinichi and just wanted to get seen by him even if he was out of reach for her.

I still don't understand how she got her ability. I was surprised that she didn't quite believed what Shinichi told her about the parasites.

When she run to the building where she met Shinichi I knew it was over. Fuck man. Shinichis rage was extremely badass. He absolutely murdered that other parasite. But in some way he isn't false about that he should had maybe went out with Satomi for a date. Maybe this wouldn't had happen.

I think the worst part is that Shinichi can't even shed a tear. But don't worry, I doubled the tears he couldn't shed :(

No wonder he's doubting his humanity.

Jun 2, 2020 3:00 PM
Jul 2008
Kana was an idiot. Lying and not listening got her killed.
Jun 18, 2020 6:05 PM

Jul 2016
I never liked her in the first place, but I don't even feel sorry for Kana. Honestly, it was dumb of her to not listen to Shinichi, and that's why she had it coming to her.
Jun 22, 2020 10:41 PM
Jun 2020
All this time I kept thinking... Give it up Kana, he has a girlfriend get over it and let them be. Then we she got struck through the heart my jaw literally dropped I didn't think it would end like that for her. :'(

great series so far.
Jul 3, 2020 8:39 PM
Dec 2019
Guys hold your tears for a second and think about this: did this girl have any agency or personality of her own other than having an obsessive crush on the protagonist? I liked her primarily because of her character design, as she's the prettiest schoolgirl shown and she's a bit tougher (in terms of personality) than everyone else, but it seems like she was created just for this death.

Girls fall for Shinichi left and right in this show but none of them have any personality.
Jul 5, 2020 10:55 PM
Oct 2019
Well that kind of hurt. I guess they'd been foreshadowing it for awhile now but damn. And then that other guy - the punk - confronting Shinichi was actually kind of sad, too.

That girl just would NOT listen to Shinichi about following the signal of parasites. And I'm sorry, but wrapping some guy's hair around your finger like a wedding ring is also WEIRD AF.

Show's probably back up to a 7/10 overall now.
Jul 26, 2020 12:02 AM
Jul 2020
Sorry to say but I didn't like Kana... at all. It was also kind of her own fault that she died.

I mean, why would she trust her "senses" that much, when Shinichi even warned her that it can lead her to the evil parasytes, not just Shinichi himself (not that this has to do with my point that much but if she really loved him that much she should've believed what he said about Migi/the parasyte warning). Why would she risk her life just to prove her little crush on him? I get love can cause people to do irrational things but still... Am I missing something or was she just acting impulsively? It wasn't Shinichi's fault at all, nor was Kana the most likable character (or even a likable character at all in my opinion lol).

The only reason why this episode was sad to me at all was because Shinichi realized that he should cry (after the funeral) and is starting to acknowledge the fact that he's not fully human anymore. He feels the pain, but only for a moment. And it hurts him even more that he can't cry, because he doesn't feel the grief like he knows he should.
anotherwatcherJul 26, 2020 12:10 AM
Pages (13) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

655 by Akkumakira »»
Yesterday, 9:23 PM

» Netfix - Parasyte: The Grey A Korean Live-Action series

sarahak - Aug 24, 2022

24 by Elfezen »»
Apr 23, 1:19 AM

» [SPOILERS] Parasyte: The Grey, Post-watch discussion thread

JVskunkape - Apr 13

0 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

244 by httplatte »»
Apr 12, 12:25 AM

» Biggest plot hole? Or maybe not

egosumjohn - Apr 6

21 by Ankibank »»
Apr 11, 11:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.