Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 2, 2016 7:39 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aww precious memories..
Nice to see the story more from Teko's point of view.

For comedic moments, I kinda liked Pikari and Ai's moments. They have a nice little chemistry. In the meantime, they are making more precious moments in the present story so that's what's important as friends.
Stark700Sep 2, 2016 9:07 AM
Sep 2, 2016 8:24 AM

Apr 2010
Memories of the past all in one phone.
Aoki had a hard time with her memory card being full but things worked out in the end which was nice.
Still maybe she should consider some alternatives for her phone.
Sep 2, 2016 9:07 AM

Jan 2012
Quite the emotional and introspective episode for Teko. A brilliant gift by Pikari. :)
Sep 2, 2016 9:09 AM
Jul 2018
Pikari gave a good gift to Teko!
Sep 2, 2016 9:13 AM

Jan 2015
Well that's so like Teko for have that kind of thought. Every picture in her phone is "precious" after all. Maybe she's more suited to be underwater-photographer instead of just a diver? Oh well
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 2, 2016 9:22 AM

May 2010
Yay~ Hazuki Erino & Saito Chiwa!
Eargasm!
Sep 2, 2016 9:45 AM

Dec 2014
Beautiful episode, Sweet, emotional and heartwarming. :)

I kinda relate to Teko, Whenever I seem remnants of the past I'm able to very clearly recall what I felt. Though I don't share her habit of taking pictures.

Kinda fitting for Teko to get upset over something as simple as maxing out her phone memory. Those pictures really do mean a lot to her.
Her words "I would always be surrounded by people but would never be with them" while spacing out towards the ocean had a real poignant feel to it. It was really nice to see how much her life changed when she met her friends.

Excellent choice of gift by Pikari, Something that Teko would truly love. I teared up when Teko started crying and Pikari hugged her. That was such a sweet and emotional scene.
Glad to see Teko realizing and changing her perspective about never being able to experience a fun school life again, She took Pikari's marathon advice to heart. Everything depends on how you see things :)

Pikari finding the fun in the giving aspect of a gift, Leave it to Pikari to find the fun in everything. :D

Great to see Teko starting to rekindle her friendship with her old friends again.
Honestly I love how Teko's monologues play a major role in outlining and reinforcing the basic message of the show.
Lelouch0202Sep 2, 2016 9:49 AM
Sep 2, 2016 9:49 AM

Jun 2011
The first minutes went full hahi.
Sep 2, 2016 9:52 AM

Nov 2013
Dotty's friend is literally Akira and Aika.
And voiced by literally same VA from Aria.

Cheezus christ. My dream is f*cking come true.
Thank you sato-jun to bring back another cameo from Amano's previous work into another level
Sep 2, 2016 10:08 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was very emotional the whole episode. I'm very happy for Teko.
Sep 2, 2016 10:10 AM

Feb 2015
more character development between Teko and Pikari. that was sweet somehow.
overall, it was a good episode as usual. teko sure is working hard...

looking foward to the next episode.
Sep 2, 2016 10:19 AM

May 2012
Yeah, looks like chapters are just being switched around. Not that I have a problem with it since it feels like it's flowing better than the manga did.

The episode was pretty nice. I can definitely relate to Teko's character, especially her pessimistic attitude towards things she's uncomfortable with. The digital photo frame changing photos of her old-to-new friends was a nice touch.
OlemSep 2, 2016 10:22 AM

Sep 2, 2016 11:01 AM

Dec 2014
Really like how this show builds on its character cast. Its moments like the first segment of this episode that make me love the show as much as I do.
Sep 2, 2016 11:12 AM

Mar 2013
What an emotional episode and what great character development. with every episode that passes by I just fall in love with this show more and more. I felt like I could relate to Teko in this episode but for an entirely different reason. Pikari's gift was perfect she really does understand teko.
Sep 2, 2016 11:48 AM

Jul 2016
I rarely to take any picture, so I don't really get the feeling about why it's not okay to move your images to another storage, it's still in the phone, you still can see it anytime you want, it's just in different path of folder and memory...
But I quite understand the feeling of old friend from past... it's sad knowing when we part and slowly we will never talk to each other, even contacted.
Sep 2, 2016 1:48 PM
May 2009
OMG, it's Akari and Aika
Sep 2, 2016 2:00 PM

Nov 2013
Nexxkinn said:

Thank you sato-jun to bring back another cameo from Amano's previous work into another level

damn i recognized akari but i could hardly hear aika too lol
thanks for pointing that out for me , had to go and recheck ...
btw is there any other anime made by the same guy that looks like aria and amanchu? i'm sure i would like it too
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Sep 2, 2016 2:32 PM

Aug 2013
Aika is confirmed to having British, Chinese, & Japanese ancestry..xD
Sep 2, 2016 3:36 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
There are some voice actors I usually recognize immediately. Those two are two of them.

I go in spurts where I take a lot of pictures (in one two week period several years ago I took over 1300). I save them on my computer, but I also back them up elsewhere. Dropping your camera cell phone in the water shouldn't cause you to lose all your pictures...
Sep 2, 2016 3:55 PM

May 2015
So many emotional moments in this episode. I am really happy for Teko. You can't have a better friend than Pikari.

Sep 2, 2016 4:05 PM
Jun 2013
As if this anime didn't remind me enough of Aria already, suddenly Akari and Aika show up. Now I just need somebody to say, "Embarrassing remarks aren't allowed!" and I'll be golden.
Sep 2, 2016 4:11 PM

Oct 2013
One of the nice things about "healing anime" is the feelings of nostalgia it brings. Seeing Teko's dilemma made me think about things in my own past. Introspection is an wonderful thing.
Sep 2, 2016 4:14 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
snapular said:
As if this anime didn't remind me enough of Aria already, suddenly Akari and Aika show up. Now I just need somebody to say, "Embarrassing remarks aren't allowed!" and I'll be golden.
はずかしいセリフきんし!

oh, wait, you probably meant in the show... ;)
Sep 2, 2016 4:32 PM

Sep 2011
Nexxkinn said:

Same! I did a little squeel inside when I heard Akari's voice actress. Awesome cameo!

winddevil1 said:

damn i recognized akari but i could hardly hear aika too lol
thanks for pointing that out for me , had to go and recheck ...
btw is there any other anime made by the same guy that looks like aria and amanchu? i'm sure i would like it too

Kaleido Star has a similar feel to it I find although it is bit more a sports anime, although has lots of sol goodness to it as well.
scruffykiwiSep 2, 2016 4:39 PM
Sep 2, 2016 6:07 PM

Aug 2012
This one was on another level with the introspection. That dive hug from Pikari <3
Sep 2, 2016 7:38 PM
Nov 2015
This is such an awesome show. Like srsly needs to be ranked higher and gain popularity. I remember when I thought this would be the successor to Flying Witch. In a way, it is, but it's so much better.

4/5
Sep 2, 2016 7:47 PM

Jun 2012
I know that "HAHI" sound!! So cool that Akari's seiyuu made an appearance in Amanchu
HybridMBLSep 2, 2016 7:53 PM
Sep 2, 2016 7:49 PM

Jun 2013
Oh my goodness we get Akari-chan and Aika's VA for Akane (her name even starts with an "a") and Chizuru. I didn't recognize Chizuru's immediately, but I recognized Akane's in no time. And she even had that trademark "hahi".

So Futaba maxed out her phone's internal storage and now she has to delete some pics or transfer them to a memory card. And then it hits her that these pictures are just data which can be deleted or put away. She considered these pictures her memory as she could even remember her feelings when taking those pictures just by looking at them. It hit her that just like these pictures being simple data which can be deleted or put away, her own memories may fade too just like that. All the time she spent with her middle school friends and all the memories she made may get forgotten. Once the pictures go into a memory card she might not look at them as much. Similarly, since she's not much in contact with her friends, her memories of them might fade too. Pikari and co give her a digital photo album which although serves the purpose of storing pictures to make room for more, is a special box dedicated to just her memories which is probably why she didn't mind it even though it's basically the same as transferring the pics like data to a memory card. Pretty neat episode. Now they'll be going back in the water after a two episode break from water bodies. There will be bikinis so I wonder if they'll show them in a fanservicey way or not. I don't think they should though because it wouldn't exactly fit the sol nature of this show well. They didn't show those tight scuba diving suits in a fanservicey way so there's hope.
Sep 2, 2016 9:09 PM

Jun 2013
This was done so well! I remember how much this chapter fucked me up in the manga, and the anime did it perfectly
Pikari and Teko's relationship is so beautiful
Sep 2, 2016 9:12 PM

Jun 2013
Yamada2 said:
Oh my goodness we get Akari-chan and Aika's VA for Akane (her name even starts with an "a") and Chizuru. I didn't recognize Chizuru's immediately, but I recognized Akane's in no time. And she even had that trademark "hahi".

So Futaba maxed out her phone's internal storage and now she has to delete some pics or transfer them to a memory card. And then it hits her that these pictures are just data which can be deleted or put away. She considered these pictures her memory as she could even remember her feelings when taking those pictures just by looking at them. It hit her that just like these pictures being simple data which can be deleted or put away, her own memories may fade too just like that. All the time she spent with her middle school friends and all the memories she made may get forgotten. Once the pictures go into a memory card she might not look at them as much. Similarly, since she's not much in contact with her friends, her memories of them might fade too. Pikari and co give her a digital photo album which although serves the purpose of storing pictures to make room for more, is a special box dedicated to just her memories which is probably why she didn't mind it even though it's basically the same as transferring the pics like data to a memory card. Pretty neat episode. Now they'll be going back in the water after a two episode break from water bodies. There will be bikinis so I wonder if they'll show them in a fanservicey way or not. I don't think they should though because it wouldn't exactly fit the sol nature of this show well. They didn't show those tight scuba diving suits in a fanservicey way so there's hope.

Don't worry, there is no fanservice whatsoever
Sep 2, 2016 9:20 PM

May 2011
wild Akari & Aika appear with diff name, even the hair looks same just a lil diff color, then i'm hoping for alice... well life is not that easy :P .

lel Teko just buy android phone with 32gb internal memory and 64gb sdcard, and put all your photos there :P
Sep 3, 2016 1:15 AM
Jul 2009
👌👌👌 Akari and Aika. Glad they got the seiyuu on board.

sarnlack said:
wild Akari & Aika appear with diff name, even the hair looks same just a lil diff color, then i'm hoping for alice... well life is not that easy :P .

lel Teko just buy android phone with 32gb internal memory and 64gb sdcard, and put all your photos there :P

Manga started in 2008. In Japan. They took so long to move away from flip phones, and in fact haven't completely. They still make new models for the jp market.
Sep 3, 2016 6:17 AM
Jan 2016
This time I met Akari and Aika.It's really long time not ti heard her voice,especially Hazuki Erino
I always love how Kozue Amano sees world and found that just small thing but really precious.
That's why I always love Kozue Amano's work...
Sep 3, 2016 6:40 AM

Apr 2012
winddevil1 said:

The guy is a woman and sadly no this is it.

These two have a similar vibe about it though.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2942/Sketchbook__Full_Colors (same studio as Aria and a familiar character pops up!)
https://myanimelist.net/anime/9055/Tamayura
Sep 3, 2016 7:02 AM

May 2011
LvyS said:
👌👌👌 Akari and Aika. Glad they got the seiyuu on board.

sarnlack said:

Manga started in 2008. In Japan. They took so long to move away from flip phones, and in fact haven't completely. They still make new models for the jp market.

yeah i know that, even now japanese ppls still prefer flip phone than android. I dont know why probably they feel the same way like teko :P
Sep 3, 2016 10:00 AM

Jan 2013
Favorite episode yet.
She should have backed up her photos to the cloud, not that I'd want to see it, but it would have been devastating to see her phone get damaged and her lose all the photos she's taken.
Sep 3, 2016 10:15 AM

Sep 2009
I think it's time to rewatch Aria.
Sep 3, 2016 12:17 PM

Aug 2013
So, so beautiful. This is why I love slice of life series.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 3, 2016 4:13 PM

Apr 2015
Teko really treasures her friends alot ='). Hot sensei is all hyped up with her car XD.

Great episode.
Sep 3, 2016 11:08 PM

Nov 2012
teko is absolutely right, buying presents for others is so fun since you can think about it and anticipate the moment they receive it. i like that too~

the cameo of akari and aika's VAs was nice.
Sep 4, 2016 6:43 AM

Jun 2013
she should get a DSLR that's better than a phone lol
Sep 4, 2016 7:10 AM

Feb 2014
Probably the best episode so far. As good as the scene with the gift was, the part where Teko talks to her friend on the phone after moving was my favorite. Seeing her kneeling on the floor like that, agonizing and crying, was just heartbreaking.
Sep 4, 2016 9:13 AM

Jun 2014
Vhailor said:
Probably the best episode so far. As good as the scene with the gift was, the part where Teko talks to her friend on the phone after moving was my favorite. Seeing her kneeling on the floor like that, agonizing and crying, was just heartbreaking.

Same.
Having moved primary school twice, I can relate. Except we didn't have social media back then so I literally can never get in touch again lol
Sep 4, 2016 2:54 PM

Jul 2009
Now Teko can keep her old memories and the new ones!
Sep 4, 2016 7:57 PM

Jun 2012
I love this show. I get depressed and happy at the same time while watching most these episodes.
Sep 5, 2016 5:57 AM

Feb 2011
That was a really nice present.. Glad to see how much they care about Teko.
Sep 5, 2016 10:24 AM
Jan 2016
I feel like Teko should've just used Google Drive or Amazon photo's or something lol.
Though a digital photo frame was a good idea, I totally thought they were just going to buy a huge box 😂😂
Sep 5, 2016 11:09 AM

May 2015
Teko's monologues and episodes focused on her are always great. Though with all these people talking about Aria, I fell like I should really get around to watching it as well. That way I could actually recognize these cameos people mentioned.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Sep 5, 2016 6:05 PM

May 2010
Cried so hard in the final scene 。・゚゚*(>д<)*゚゚・。

Teko finding the precious place and people for herself that she wanted to share with her friend, overcoming her loneliness

Uooooo I am so glad ヽ(T▽T)ノ
Sep 5, 2016 6:15 PM

Aug 2015
This episode was nice. It's nice to see how Pikari and both big sis and little bro care about her. You go Teko! You got yourself some great friends that understand you!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Amanchu! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2016

69 by Karva1 »»
Feb 15, 6:36 PM

Poll: » Amanchu! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2016

186 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Amanchu! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2016

113 by Gyarutsundere »»
Sep 10, 2023 1:12 AM

Poll: » Amanchu! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2016

59 by Gyarutsundere »»
Sep 1, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Amanchu! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2016

63 by Gyarutsundere »»
Sep 1, 2023 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.