Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 27, 2016 9:03 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man, the amount of rewrite tests Kaizaki had to write is astonishing. At least he's not the only one who need take the retest. Tamarai needs to do good on this in order to participate in the volleyball game. Nice to see Kariu defending Tamarai when those other girls were whining about her.

Lol, Kaizaki failed again... of course. At least Tamarai passed it. She's really tired though. That accident O_O problems are now created. Now how will Kariu play the game? Dammit Kariu, you messed up back there :(

Jul 1, 2016 11:57 AM

Jan 2015
"Congratulations on your make ups". Yoake always find a way to irritate Arata, with his own way or another. But that Oga words and expression... I believe it's the most irritating. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 1, 2016 2:14 PM

Jan 2015
Damn it! All this drama ;-;

This series turned out to be a whole lot better than I had expected.
Jul 1, 2016 3:49 PM

May 2015
It's really funny seeing Kaizaki have to make up tests over and over again. This episode focused a lot on Tamarai, which was nice. It's great seeing her work so hard. I loved seeing Kariu stand up for her as well. Though with Kariu injuring herself, it seems there'll be more drama. And to fit with the mood, the ED this time had a bit of a sad tone.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Jul 1, 2016 4:35 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
The angst factor was high this episode. Girls falling down like bowling pins and tears flowing like rain. The feel train was probably fully loaded leaving the station this week but I just stayed behind. Too much troubles on that train for me.
Jul 1, 2016 4:42 PM

Jun 2014
While Kariu's jealousy and anger toward Hishiro earlier in the series and Tamarai in this episode is understandable, I can't help but be annoyed by the drama it's causing. It's just frustrating to me.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 1, 2016 5:11 PM

Jul 2012
Man, some people need to learn that hard work isn't everything. It mainly comes down to aptitude and motivation but even so, you can't be "perfect" at everything. Anyways, nice episode again. These people sure are workaholics though
Jul 1, 2016 5:34 PM

Oct 2013
Ah man, Kariu is now facing her athletic rival and friend. Shoot Kariu broke down again; I thought she would take it a lot better. Aww
Jul 1, 2016 6:14 PM

Nov 2011
I want to give Tama a hug now ;_;

Probably the most dramatic episode yet so far.
Jul 1, 2016 6:30 PM

Jan 2013
I don't get why Rena would blow up like that.
After the scene of her defending Tama it doesn't make much sense, even if she was upset at herself for the injury.
Not as interested with this shift in focus.
Jul 1, 2016 8:45 PM
Aug 2011
RediceRyan said:

Because she's a crappy, inconsistent character.
Jul 1, 2016 9:29 PM

Dec 2014
kairu seems the most normal of the anime characters... you are bound to get irritated ... with things and that
Jul 1, 2016 9:34 PM

Jul 2015
That ending really pissed me off. I like Kariu for the most part but fuck she's got to keep on comparing herself to others. She might not be as smart or as good at volleyball like the other two but she actually has guts to say what she thinks. She just has to work on how she expresses herself because she keeps on fuckin up. And hell... these kids stay in school the entire day.. when I was in high school, as soon as that bell rung, you'd see me leaving school premises.
Jul 1, 2016 9:55 PM

Sep 2015
stand said:
RediceRyan said:

Fucking agreed. She only cares about herself and doesn't give a shit how she makes others feel.
Jul 1, 2016 11:47 PM

Jan 2012
Rena involved with more drama, this time with Honoka. Well what she said at the end was true anyway, gym teacher said as much earlier. Yet I get the sense the show will attempt to make her the bad guy here. Well, let's see...
Jul 1, 2016 11:50 PM

Dec 2014
It was a good episode but the end was kinda unwarranted.

I really liked how Rena stood up for Tama earlier but her final outburst against Tama made it seem hypocritical to me.
I thought Rena was finally past her comparing herself constantly, Sad she had to blow up like that at the end :(
Poor Tama though, Talent comes with it's price.

Meanwhile Kaizaki failing tests and getting them dates XD
Lelouch0202Jul 2, 2016 12:00 AM
Jul 2, 2016 1:51 AM

Aug 2010
UGHH I LOVE THE ENDING SONG. And it tied up the dramatic moment so well T~T
Jul 2, 2016 5:13 AM

Apr 2011
that ending song...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRQxLcPrLes

from 2003! nostalgia feels...
Jul 2, 2016 7:03 AM

Aug 2013
Honoka, another super kind character.

And I didn't expect that this series would turn on into something that good.
Stark700 said:

Same.
rsc-plJul 2, 2016 7:07 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 2, 2016 3:36 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
You're such a hypocrite, Rena. Fully on Honoka's side here, she did not deserve that.

This series is on 8/10 level right now, i wouldn't have expected that.
Jul 2, 2016 3:43 PM

Jul 2015
I kind of don't like Rena because she always makes problems for others first it was Chizura and now its Honoka. She is so annoying and a drama queen. She missed the chance to be the class rep because she failed the test and now the injury, she just push her miss fortunes and incompetence to others, I kind of understand her but that not the way to deal with the problem.
Jul 2, 2016 4:57 PM

Jul 2015
I personally totally get Rena reaction, i've also said thing that i don't really think to someone because i was extremely angry/disappointed, i totally understand her.

But i guess judging from this thread i'm just another crappy, inconsistent character^^
Jul 2, 2016 8:17 PM

Sep 2015
rsc-pl said:
Honoka, another super kind character.

And I didn't expect that this series would turn on into something that good.
Stark700 said:

Same.

Make that a third :.(

Honoka is such a nice person and kind hearted it sucks that she got lashed out at like that by one of her friends.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Jul 2, 2016 10:16 PM

May 2010
Tamarai is cute! Love how carefree she is

loved how Kariu took Tamarai's side

Kariu got injured... Damn. She always get negative when things don't go her way, felt like she was a bit too harsh on Tama

Yuki no Hana for ending song! Love this!
Jul 3, 2016 1:26 AM

Jun 2013
Poor Honoka she's so gentle and nice and damn Rena why are you being such a drama queen
Jul 3, 2016 2:58 AM

Sep 2013
Poor Honoka.
No more drama queen Kariu please. I've seen enough of her already.
God damn it, not enough Hishiro. I was hoping she would be featured more but we get stupid Kariu

Jul 3, 2016 4:35 AM

May 2015
Damn, this episode.... It focused more on Rena and Honoka, and that ending was quite painful. Poor Honoka man... Such a sweet girl getting attacked like that ;S..

Jul 3, 2016 4:59 AM

Dec 2012
DAMN is Kaizaki ever going to pass his make-up exams. I really want him to pass.
Awesome to see Kariu stand up for Honoka. Respect there.

Poor Karui spraining her ankle. Looks like she won't be able to train for the tournament & taking out her frustrations towards Honoka.
At least Inukai is there to comfort her.
Beautiful & soothing ED song this episode.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 3, 2016 9:06 AM

Apr 2014
What a beautiful ED. Wow.
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Jul 3, 2016 5:51 PM

Apr 2014
That red head cant catch a break here no matter how hard she tries.
---------My Profile------------
Jul 3, 2016 7:20 PM

Jun 2013
I'm glad Kariu burst out like that. She needs to get these things off her chest. Pretending that everything hunky-dory isn't going to make her progress.
臭い-
Jul 3, 2016 9:30 PM
Sep 2013
Why is that Rena chick always such a bitch? Her best friend nearly fainted and all she can think about is herself. And why is she always wallowing in self-pity? Sure she might not be the best in neither in sports nor study but she's at top on both, yet she goes on and on about how much of a victim she is. Ugh. No wonder Olga don't like her ass.
Jul 5, 2016 2:57 AM

Nov 2015
Very dramatic, I felt bad for Tama

Jul 5, 2016 4:36 AM

Aug 2013
How do you even sprain your ankle trying to avoid a ball rolling towards you... high school girls in anime never cease to amaze me at how fragile they are. Makes me wonder how she even got on the team lol. Rena was being a selfish bitch to Tama. Hope she calms down cause I'm not a fan of this kind of HS girls drama.
Jul 5, 2016 9:56 AM
Jul 2012
Everytime I look at Aki-chan reminds me of the cat from Hoozuki (and since they both have the same seiyuu) xD

Ending Nakashima Mika~~~~~ <3
Jul 5, 2016 10:20 AM

Jun 2013
While this was another great episode, rena is really starting to piss me off.
Jul 5, 2016 10:25 AM

Jun 2013
stand said:
RediceRyan said:

Don't agree with that, I dont really like her that much, but she's a well written character
Jul 5, 2016 12:41 PM

Oct 2013
John_Max said:
I kind of don't like Rena because she always makes problems for others first it was Chizura and now its Honoka. She is so annoying and a drama queen. She missed the chance to be the class rep because she failed the test and now the injury, she just push her miss fortunes and incompetence to others, I kind of understand her but that not the way to deal with the problem.

She can be quite annoying sometimes, yeah. She said so herself, If she were a boy, she'd hate the kind of girl she is right now.
Jul 5, 2016 2:39 PM

Jul 2015
you're totally right, now that i finished the anime i understand her, but when i was writing this i was so pissed of her personally :)
Jul 6, 2016 4:07 AM

Apr 2013
I haven't finished watching this anime yet, but I'm surprised that people are responding so negatively to Kariu in this episode. I think it makes perfect sense that she reacted the way she did. She definitely grew as a person and learned how to deal with some of her insecurities after talking it out with Kaizaki, which shows in her scene when she stands up for Tamarai with those girls at first - consciously, she is aware of what the better attitude is and that's great. But she's still really insecure about it, it's not like her problem was permanently fixed or anything, this is still something that has been weighing on her for years, so of course she'd lash out like that, especially because it was mere seconds after being told that she probably won't be able to participate in the tournament due to the long recovery time. You can even tell by listening to her voice that she's clearly holding back at the beginning of that conversation, explaining that it's fine and that it was her fault that she got hurt and stuff - she tried to hold back but Tamarai kept accidentally prodding her weak points until she blew up. I find that pretty believable, I think she's well-written and I still like her quite a bit at this point. Sure she's not perfect, but no one is and this is just something that she struggles with.

Also, I don't think it's unreasonable that it's focusing on her still. It established that she had 2 rivals that she was really insecure about, and it somewhat resolved her feelings on one front so it makes sense that it would move on to the volleyball issue. Honestly I think the progression of the story here is really smart and interesting, I'm liking this anime more and more as it goes on and I started out loving it.

At least, that's my opinion. It's fine if she annoys you or whatever, but I don't think that anything she has said or done so far makes her a bad character and I do think that the show telegraphed that this kind of development would happen.
Jul 6, 2016 7:16 AM
May 2012
Man, I don't like this kind of drama :/ I like that kind of ending songs, though.
SakurasouBusters said:
stand said:

Don't agree with that, I dont really like her that much, but she's a well written character

Nah, it's like the episode where she stole the bag didn't happen.
Jul 6, 2016 8:06 AM

Feb 2016
Tengai said:
After the bag incident, she did tell herself that this was the wrong thing to do and she wouldn't do something like this henceforth. But "telling" yourself that itself does not mean it is absolute. Feeling jealous and upset isn't something you can control. Realizing a mistake doesn't make the change permanent especially when you are faced by so many complex emotions at once. That outburst consisted of her regret in the fact that she might not be able to play her last tournament, her jealousy of Honoka and her anger at herself for not being able to dodge/land properly.
People's personality doesn't take a 180 degree turn only after one incident. A person's basic nature cannot change so easily. Hence this is actually more realistic as opposed to her being completely free of any anger and jealousy only after one incident.
Jul 6, 2016 12:44 PM
May 2012
James278 said:
Tengai said:
After the bag incident, she did tell herself that this was the wrong thing to do and she wouldn't do something like this henceforth. But "telling" yourself that itself does not mean it is absolute. Feeling jealous and upset isn't something you can control. Realizing a mistake doesn't make the change permanent especially when you are faced by so many complex emotions at once. That outburst consisted of her regret in the fact that she might not be able to play her last tournament, her jealousy of Honoka and her anger at herself for not being able to dodge/land properly.
People's personality doesn't take a 180 degree turn only after one incident. A person's basic nature cannot change so easily. Hence this is actually more realistic as opposed to her being completely free of any anger and jealousy only after one incident.

I know, but still, it was too much.
Jul 6, 2016 1:17 PM

Feb 2016
Tengai said:
I know, but still, it was too much.
I guess you don't like angst and drama. I get the feeling and that is totally fine. But not liking something =/= it being unrealistic.
Jul 6, 2016 2:52 PM

Nov 2009
Like, I know Arata has been out of high school for 10 years, but he did go to college and grad school… how the hell can he be so bad at studying HS level subjects?? Jesus Christ, hah… honestly, I don't find it believable, specially because he apparently does put a little effort here and there.

Poor Rena. She's harsh, but I understand her.

(THIS WAY FOREVER)
Jul 6, 2016 4:42 PM

Mar 2016
I know that right now many would be thinking kariu is a hypocrite. Boosting about her captain in front of everyone about how she respects her and talking good about her and how she loves her (even though she did say she's jealous but respects her) . Then bursting in anger like that . But I have a feeling that what she said was just in the heat of the moment (she needed to vent) and obviously she regretted it there . We already know she's the insecure type and being comforted by the fortunate person (according to her) trying to appear understanding when a misfortune befalls her can kinda be triggering . Not that I'm saying Tama had any bad intentions,but the situation didn't play out as she expected. She's kinda cute and want to give her hug too lol. Btw arata funny as always.
Shishou_23Jul 6, 2016 4:51 PM
Jul 7, 2016 5:14 AM

Jul 2009
Surprised to see that Tama is not good in studies.
Sad thing that Rena god hurt, she is a good girl but her pride got the best of her, poor Tama.
Jul 7, 2016 7:48 AM

May 2012
Damn what an episode! Especially that ending, let's see what's next.
Jul 7, 2016 11:21 AM

Mar 2015
man that fucking piano music is so overused and anoying...holy shit
Jul 7, 2016 11:31 PM

Aug 2015
Seriously though aren't we already done with this shit Kariu, wow kinda ironic though after praising Tama about her work ethics in balancing volleyball and schoolwork to her jealous teammates earlier now another crap about being jealous because she doesn't have that kind of talent that Tama does, wooohhh girls these days are definitely realy hard to understand. Kinda felt bad for Tama though I mean balancing school work and varsity is definitely hard IMO especially with the make-ups, I dunno if I'm gonna survive that kind of torture heck here I am lazing around on my studies.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 28, 2016

520 by venbals »»
Apr 21, 6:56 PM

» Moving to manga after season 1?

TechniqueGod - Mar 15

13 by Xionrave »»
Mar 26, 9:20 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 27, 2016

90 by Miki42 »»
Jan 7, 10:30 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 28, 2016

95 by WELLERM »»
Dec 15, 2023 7:55 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 27, 2016

120 by WELLERM »»
Dec 15, 2023 7:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.