Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 17, 2016 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, this episode was ridiculous, a lot about cat gimmicks and awkward comedy.

Everyone is displaying cat behavior with cat traits. Seriously though, I face palmed. Apparently, Koite isn't immune either lol. Never underestimate Phantoms.

Feb 17, 2016 9:47 AM

Jan 2015
Should've guess the rest of the Episode based on Haruhiko's explanation and "this" picture, but...

How can Haruhiko be the only one that didn't have the ears and tail? He act like one, and have the accent too. But not for the Ears and Tail?
But still, plenty of explanation he had done in the Episode. Good job, Haruhiko.

That face when Haruhiko eats the fish, more like aroused than craving. LOL
MasceraFeb 17, 2016 10:11 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Feb 17, 2016 10:09 AM

Sep 2014
This and last episode just made me cringe all the way through, which is a shame since I liked this series near the beginning.
Feb 17, 2016 10:15 AM

Jan 2012
CATS! My goodness, first teddy bears and now kitties, this show is going for a KAWAIIIIIIII OOOOVERLOAD! :D This show seems determined to give me diabetes! :D
Feb 17, 2016 10:17 AM

Apr 2010
A school where you can sleep during the day, why didn't they have such a school when i was still a student?
The cat ears and tails where nice as well.
Feb 17, 2016 10:26 AM

Nov 2011
Best Episode yet. People need to realize that the plot is gone in this anime, it's just fan service and gimmicks now, which is fine in my opinion because I didn't mind seeing Reina, Koito, and Mai in cat ears and Tails. The faces and cat moments in this episode had me rolling, I thought it was a pretty funny episode. I also liked how Kaito wanted to constantly pounce on the cat castle and Mai had to hold her back lol.

If anything this was the beginning of a possible Mai and Haruhiko love interest. She broke up Reina and Haruhiko when she fell into him and she had that moment on the balcony at the end as well so I think we may get some of that.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 17, 2016 10:28 AM

Jan 2015
I'm surprised. This episode was enjoyable.
Feb 17, 2016 10:29 AM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode.

I really like the cat gimmicks in this episode! The girls looked cute when they were in cat ears and tails.
Feb 17, 2016 10:35 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
And another acid trip.
Feb 17, 2016 10:36 AM

Sep 2015
Reina Reina Reina Reina ≧(´▽`)≦
It was better than past week, good one
Feb 17, 2016 10:41 AM

Apr 2013
The fan service is strong with this one.

Could have used a few more cat-girls though... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Feb 17, 2016 10:46 AM

Jul 2015
Putting the fact that I took 58 screenshots of this ep aside, I really enjoyed this week's episode! Really fun with all of the happenings involving the cats and the students turning to cats. Reminds me of that one Maken-Ki episode. Looking forward to next ep!
Feb 17, 2016 11:03 AM

Aug 2010
Wrsty said:
Putting the fact that I took 58 screenshots of this ep aside

So I wasn't the only one XD Too many great cute scenes and with Kyoani's visuals...

Kurumi's Nyaa language was tooooo hnnnnnngggggggg for Mein Herz <3
Feb 17, 2016 11:11 AM
Jul 2018
All the girls were super cute as catgirls!

It took them quite a while to figure out it was a phantom causing them to act like cats.

That big phantom cat with the house on it at the end looked like something from a studio ghibli movie lol.
Feb 17, 2016 11:18 AM

Feb 2014
Durarara said:
This and last episode just made me cringe all the way through, which is a shame since I liked this series near the beginning.
This.

Again. It really is starting to feel like just some kid's cartoon with nice Kyotoani visuals and fanservice.
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Feb 17, 2016 11:32 AM

Jul 2014
This was fucking stupid and painfully cringeworthy, even for this show. Just... just why?

Well, at least Kyoani's visuals kinda made it better, but only just.

EDIT: Actually, it got a lot better by the end. Still stupid though, and even more so if this is what we're getting instead of what I've heard the actual plot is (the actual plot, if it is actually true, sounds way more interesting than anything this show has bothered to do so far).
AtavisticFeb 17, 2016 11:44 AM
Feb 17, 2016 11:33 AM

Sep 2010
Misaki Tobisawa can fit right in with this episode. XD

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Feb 17, 2016 11:41 AM

Jun 2013
An episodic cat episode. At least I got a handful of screenshots for today.
Feb 17, 2016 11:58 AM

Dec 2013
Is this all filler? Because these past few episodes have been pretty Kurumi centered which is a filler character, so...... Like I still like the show sort of but this is just awful
Feb 17, 2016 11:58 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
The cat theme was pretty funny. Seeing all the girls with cat ears was great.
Feb 17, 2016 12:00 PM

Sep 2015
They were trying way too hard to force a Schrodinger reference into this. It made next to no sense.
Oh well. Cat gimmick is cute, if nothing else.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Feb 17, 2016 12:04 PM
Apr 2015
I dieded of Kurumi's moe.
Also, it is getting a little silly, kind of wanting to drop the series atm...
But, loli's do make up for it IMO ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Feb 17, 2016 12:12 PM

Jun 2014
Again, nothing much to say about this episode. If there's anybody watching this anime who has an obsession with catgirl characters, then this episode is literally their wet dream.

@Rocksterrock I feel like they made that clear by like episode 4. This "adaptation" is entirely anime-original too, and I'm sure they did that for this very reason. I was hoping for an actual story, but I'm assuming that won't happen, especially since we're already 7 episodes in and this is supposed to have only 13 episodes.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 17, 2016 12:25 PM

Aug 2014
ENOUGH WITH THE FURRY BULLSHIT I WANT BIG BOOBS OOZING FROM MY SCREEN THE WHOLE 23 MINUTES IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK

ADJSLDSAJKJSKAJHXJKXKBHSABHJFBH
Feb 17, 2016 12:29 PM

Sep 2014
IDK WHAT WAS GOING ON BUT IT WAS WAY TOO CUTE TO NOT LOVE!

/Deathbynekos.
Feb 17, 2016 12:41 PM

Nov 2007

One moment to run my imagination wild. Only possible for KyoAni. I won't mind a hug from Mai-senpai, neither I would mind giving a hug to Koito. <3 And when Mai-senpai pulled her by holding hands ^=^

Also loved Mai-senpai separating Reina-chan from Haruhiko and then blushing over Haruhiko's comment on human nature.

Anyways, neko-mimi, neko-shippo and nyan-nyan moments aside it was actually a very good episode, particularly right after last week's terrible episode (which almost inclined me to drop a KyoAni anime for the first time in my life).
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 17, 2016 1:07 PM

Feb 2015
ONI-NYANNNN......
KYANNNNNNNNNNNNNN X3 LMAO i almost made that kind of reaction...
funny episode overall :D i enjoy it but are kyoani only make 1 cour or 2 cour ? if 2 cour then makes sense if they didn't any actual plot in this episode...but if it's 1 cour, i can't give 9/10 to this anime.
Praise for Kyoani.....XD
You did it again Mothe f*ker XD
Feb 17, 2016 1:07 PM

Jul 2015
=3 nyan~
Wow, I shouldn't do that ever again. =I

Feb 17, 2016 1:13 PM

Mar 2015
Ahhh, that's not how quantum physics works... It almost looks like the author thought "let's take something that looks scientific and pair it with fanservice no matter how everything plays out". At least catgirl lovers got their fair share of screen shots.

Does anybody know how many episodes there will be? Will it finish with this episodic stuff or (if there's 2nd season) there will develop a longer story?
Hey!

Check Mononoke out!
Feb 17, 2016 1:16 PM

Oct 2015
A nekomimi fetish chapter. But why not in ichijo? Nice pacific resolution.
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Feb 17, 2016 1:18 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Why Mai? Why?
Haruhiko was so close to taking a picture of Mai and the group being Catified.

Lots of funny and cute scenes. The one I liked the most was Mai blushing, so cute.

Feb 17, 2016 1:23 PM

Mar 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Everyone is displaying cat behavior with cat traits. Seriously though, I face palmed. Apparently, Koite isn't immune either lol. Never underestimate Phantoms.

I like how this was meant to represent the school turning into cats and in a packed corridor there's like one, two guys? And neither have been turned into cats.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Feb 17, 2016 1:26 PM

Aug 2013
Strange things again happening and even some psychedelic scenes, this anime really surprises me sometimes, the plot is not presenting development, but enjoyed seeing the characters acting like cats, especially Kurumi, also enjoyed see Mai show a little jealous by Haruhiko, I look forward to see how this will develop this adaptation ..
Feb 17, 2016 1:37 PM
Oct 2015
Daisuki said:
Misaki Tobisawa can fit right in with this episode. XD
couldn't agree more
Nov 2015
It was a great episode but they should have figured out that a phantom was involved a lot earlier.

Feb 2015
Is there any point to this anime? seriously It's like Moe version of The Real Ghostbusters. No plot or character development, what a waste of good animation.
Feb 17, 2016 1:38 PM

Dec 2013
Another weird episode. I don't really have much of a cat fetish but I still thought it was fairly ok.
Feb 17, 2016 1:57 PM

Oct 2015
LovelyHikari said:
Why Mai? Why?
Haruhiko was so close to taking a picture of Mai and the group being Catified.

Lots of funny and cute scenes. The one I liked the most was Mai blushing, so cute.

This, if he had taken the picture this episode would've been 5/5.
After Kurumi showed up with "oni-nyan" the fact that no one reacted to that phrase totally messed up my suspension of disbelief haha. I was hoping he would take a picture then with all the girls there. Oh well, it was fun.

I'm liking this anime, is very light-hearted, I don't think that it is supposed to be taken seriously like some people seem to think here.
Feb 17, 2016 2:15 PM

May 2009
Cute episode with some nice animations and artstyle

Feb 17, 2016 2:18 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i love the randomness of this anime, Mai being bae as usual

dat booble jiggle was on point
Feb 17, 2016 2:55 PM

Jul 2015
Mamster-P said:
i love the randomness of this anime, Mai being bae as usual

dat booble jiggle was on point

Dat epilogue blush and dat jelousy when Reina and Ichijou were having a moment.
Feb 17, 2016 2:55 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
I gave up on the plot and character development side of this anime, I'm just here for the gimmicks, KyoAni's moeness and fanservice now.

4/5
Feb 17, 2016 3:28 PM

Aug 2015
Riotstarter said:
Stark700 said:

I like how this was meant to represent the school turning into cats and in a packed corridor there's like one, two guys? And neither have been turned into cats.

Because they know their target audience well. Why do you think the main character didn't have any cat traits? And his explanation is bullshit because if a growth factor is the case then there should be MORE MEN transformed into cat people than women because women stop growing far earlier than men. Yes they grow much sooner than men but they stop growing faster than men. If we take the MC's explanation to heart then it makes sense that Token Moe Generic Loli would 'catify' faster than the others. It really makes no sense. The 'Real reason' why guys didn't catify as fast as the girls is because the target audience don't care about neko boys.

This episode was overall boring with it's lack luster use of its animation. I felt so boring with all of the still shots and the lack of anything remotely moving. What happened to the animation? It was pretty damn good in the beginning of this season.

The Token Moe Generic Loli's cat puns were cringe worthy and weren't even funny.
Onii-nyan...ONII-NYAN!??!?!?! I couldn't take it. They are trying SO hard to be cute. It hurts. It only gets worse as it goes on to the point where the TMGL starts speaking 'cat'...That voice is GOD AWFULLY ANNOYING. It sounded like those hentais where the girls pretend to be cats (Or neko girls) while being penetrated. It honestly disturbed me that these noises are coming out of such a young girl.

The episode's concept isn't bad, the beginning had a decent start with over the top cat stuff. I feel like the episode in general would have been better if they spent more time exploring the concept of what cat people would do instead of hunting down the phantom. I know they have to hunt it down but they could have put in more effort by having the main cats- I MEAN...sorry about that. CAST do more cat things on the way besides having TMGL make cat speech. Go on all fours the entire time, scratch doors, go to the bathroom like a cat (albeit disgusting), get angry when someone touches your belly, climb trees or climb in general, purr...they DIDN'T PURR?!?! How could you NOT make them purr? And also the strange ability to like boxes.

I honestly feel like the episode was a wasted concept and a waste of potential.
"I -AM- ELECTRICITY." -Gunvolt
Feb 17, 2016 3:47 PM

Nov 2014
They're so cute as cats!
Hi there
Feb 17, 2016 4:00 PM

Oct 2011
OMG I love cats. !!!!!! Everyone was cute as cats
Feb 17, 2016 4:02 PM

Jan 2013
Geez...boobs don't bounce like that -.-

Feb 17, 2016 4:04 PM

Jan 2013
Riotstarter said:
Stark700 said:

Yeah cause it's not like the very next scene only shows guys that have transformed into cat people and the next scene after that shows a balanced view or anything.

KyoAni is just being super biased towards girls.
Feb 17, 2016 4:04 PM

Aug 2013
Omg. It was awesome. Kurumi. Onii-nyan, nyanyanyanyan. I died :D
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 17, 2016 4:19 PM

May 2015
Another random episode. As much as I love (KyoAni) fanservice, moe and nyan, this episode was pretty boring. I don't think I was paying even much attention during the whole episode.

Feb 17, 2016 4:32 PM

Sep 2011
I never thought this show could progressively get worse with each and every episode...

GoldenDevilGamer said:
I gave up on the plot and character development side of this anime, I'm just here for the gimmicks, KyoAni's moeness and fanservice now.

4/5
I wish I could say the same thing. At this point I'm just sittng here asking myself why I'm watching this when I expected some actual plot.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is the most attractive Musaigen no Phantom World character?

Shizuna - Apr 16

16 by shawnfoster »»
Apr 17, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Who do you think Haruhiko should end up with? ( 1 2 )

Matsurichan - Feb 14, 2016

73 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Nov 20, 2023 6:16 PM

Poll: » Musaigen no Phantom World Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2016

235 by esolcdneirf »»
Nov 17, 2023 11:10 PM

» How was it?

kurumidesu22 - Nov 2, 2023

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 4, 2023 5:41 AM

Poll: » Musaigen no Phantom World Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2016

240 by Jonas-K »»
Nov 2, 2023 11:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.