Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 21, 2016 1:37 AM

Jul 2010
So. Much. Fun. 5/5
“Are there some unseen roles that we have unknowingly set ourselves into, dictating the rules of engagement whenever we see each other, inevitably leading to us hurting each other?”
Jan 21, 2016 1:40 AM

Jun 2013
another weirdo showed up and another damn man what a bunch of weirdoes lol
Jan 21, 2016 1:55 AM

Mar 2013
Nexxkinn said:
This episode is pretty enjoyable. I have no complaint for both story and animation.
The comedy part is enough to make me laugh.

And also, the ED song is pretty damn comfy.
Overall, if the director can manage not to f*ck this show, It'll be one of my favourite shows in this season.

I'm so glad this didn't turn out to be the stereotypical garbage I thought it would be
Jan 21, 2016 2:33 AM

Sep 2014
Whats up with the "mediocre/average" Art comments?

The Art style suits very well in that theme and this Game.
I dont know what you guys are expecting.
Jan 21, 2016 2:40 AM

Aug 2008
This is really the funnest anime airing this season! The humor is nice, and the characters are likable.

It's obvious that his party members have their issues, but at least they're all cute girls! And it's not like they're totally inept. They just have crooked personalities lol
Jan 21, 2016 3:45 AM

Dec 2014
yes the show just is becoming good. hope in seeing something more interesting
Jan 21, 2016 3:51 AM

Feb 2014
Now we got more weird people to the team!

ED: Chiisana Boukensha
Jan 21, 2016 3:52 AM

Dec 2015
FireEmblemIke24 said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Lol, really funny episode. Despite the mediocre art, this anime is better than a lot of other anime.

5/5

A-1 pictures needs to take notes, flashy animation doesn't make a compelling/entertaining story. The comedy is still fresh which is highlighted in the somewhat high score it has.

Boku Dake and Konosuba aren't comparable story wise though. BD doesnt have comedy and doesnt intend to.
Though Konosuba is so far the best comedy show this season.
Jan 21, 2016 5:07 AM

Apr 2013
Damn this show is so enjoyable it went by so quickly. Best comedy this season and one of the better shows this season. Love the new girls introduced, especially Megumin - she was hilarious!. Really liking Aqua too ^.^

The ED song is cute~ The voice acting in this show is superb as well.
Jan 21, 2016 5:26 AM

Dec 2014
Megumin reminds me of Rikka from Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai xD
I'm curious about this girl called Darkness. It wasn't pretty clear what kind of personality she has, though we already can associate it with perverted stuffs.
What a nice ED song!
BlancchetJan 21, 2016 7:31 AM
Jan 21, 2016 5:29 AM

May 2014
Darkness? Like Golden Darkness? LOL
Saber Darkness - Saber Alter
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jan 21, 2016 5:53 AM

Jul 2013
Man, Aqua is waaay too funny.. Hestia has nothing on her!!

This anime is already damn hilarious to begin with and the addition of Rikka Taka... ehm, I mean Megumin, just makes it even more hilarious XD

I thought the magician was going to be the usual meek type but who knew she'd be a chuuni lol..

Looking forward to Golden Darkness!
Jan 21, 2016 6:24 AM

Aug 2015
Lol felt bad for Kazuma taking care of these problematic children, Megumin was kinda cool and cute for a chuuni like the way she introduce herself to the gang, also that chanting of spell and the spell itself is just........., and her devotion for "Explosion" was fcking hilarious for her to risk being immobilize all for that spell, Aqua's still useless, but this ep she made herself look like a goddess who sacrifices her life to bought them some time lol love the way frogs ate her like 3 times. So next episode we got to know this "Darkness" girl and the thief girl, so far this is one of the hidden gems this season.

Edit: And also the feel when a bunch of misfits is still a better team than the whole gang in Grimgar
MizunashiJan 21, 2016 8:01 AM
Jan 21, 2016 6:53 AM

Oct 2015
Nexxkinn said:
This episode is pretty enjoyable. I have no complaint for both story and animation.
The comedy part is enough to make me laugh.

And also, the ED song is pretty damn comfy.
Overall, if the director can manage not to f*ck this show, It'll be one of my favourite shows in this season.

Funny episode..Megumin..Darkness. Best group of misfits.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Jan 21, 2016 6:54 AM
Nov 2015
I want more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 21, 2016 7:24 AM

Jan 2015
Machination said:

I think that this anime is pretty well animated
Jan 21, 2016 7:51 AM

Sep 2013
hahaha this is now my favorite anime this season XD
This ep was pure LOL XD

Frogs and Explosion!
Jan 21, 2016 8:03 AM

Dec 2011
I thought Megumin would be annoying, but I totally love her. Hahaha. Especially when she is on a piggyback of Kazuma and mentioning the "erotic acts".

Explosion magic for the win. >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2016 8:16 AM

Jan 2015
Yayy a very nice and fun episode
Aqua's attacks are OP
I like the new girl, she's kawaii and her voice acting is good, blonde girl is nice too
Nice backgrounds but they can improve the art even though it's not very bad
Good animation as well, Overall a fun enjoyable episode. 4/5
AhoNoGinJan 21, 2016 8:27 AM
Jan 21, 2016 8:20 AM
Mar 2014
FreedChickens said:
Edit: And also the feel when a bunch of misfits is still a better team than the whole gang in Grimgar

Aqua infiltrates the frogs' insides and stops them from moving, then Kazuma can kill them easily. Masterful teamwork IMHO.
Jan 21, 2016 8:32 AM

Apr 2014

>HYOIZABURO

Lol that was a good episode. The new characters seem pretty enjoyable.

Art and animation is also surprisingly decent for a Deen series.
Jan 21, 2016 8:32 AM

May 2015
Seriously, this show is freaking hilarious, lmfao. The comedy is great. Looks like we got to see another girl, and she was fun to watch, and also another one at last. Great to hear Ai Kayano <3. I bet this is going to be even more fun from now on.

Jan 21, 2016 9:06 AM

Jul 2014
razisgosu said:
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed. I am pretty sure it was a Slayers reference.

There are some Slayers fans who are watching this :-)

AnimeFan500 said:
GIGA SLAVE OMG!!!!!

There are at least three of us :D
Jan 21, 2016 9:53 AM
Jan 2016
Lol this series is one of my favorites this season. It's so quite enjoyable, especially when Aqua against toad LOL.

and for arch wizard, 1 explosion/day...ok
Jan 21, 2016 10:27 AM

May 2008
LOL another great ep!!!
Jan 21, 2016 12:19 PM

Sep 2015
the show is actually quite good. you don't see it very often that the mc is the only normal person. megumin, aqua and raratina - pretty chaotic party

Jan 21, 2016 12:31 PM

Apr 2014
Thus the most useless party was form LOL.
Megumin and Aqua should be enough and now he got Darkness.
Well, while these 3 girls are super annoying at time...it's still funny.
Jan 21, 2016 12:50 PM

Jun 2015
This reminds me of tabletop parties who do random nonsense, never get anything done but have tons of fun.
New girl is interesting, it's also pretty funny, I'm positively surprised.
I dunno why but I like the :T face they all make. Also, I love to hear Aqua cry, how terrible a human being am I?
Jan 21, 2016 4:02 PM
Jan 2016
so funny this anime, i will be looking forward every week to see this.
Jan 21, 2016 5:40 PM

Aug 2013
As I expected. This anime is more comedy than the usual fantasy adventure anime. I'm glad to watch this just for fun and not care about the anime's plot. The two new girls got my attention so I can't wait to see more of this!!!
Jan 21, 2016 5:54 PM
Oct 2012
FreedChickens said:
Lol felt bad for Kazuma taking care of these problematic children,

That is one of the great subtle jokes of this series. All "trapped in a fantasy world" stories end up being wish fulfillment for the MC (and through him the otaku watching the show). But here the otaku has to grow up, stop being a shut in, and has to actually get a job and take responsibility for his "family". What a subversive message!
Jan 21, 2016 7:26 PM

Sep 2013
Wow, this anime's synopsis is ungodly terrible, I was not expecting a comedy as fun as this one.

>I don't really understand the conversion of fantasy cash to actual currency so his lamentation doesn't really make any sense

>Was that villager at the end a parody of Suwako's hat? Those "eyes" must have been there for a reason...
Jan 21, 2016 8:15 PM

Aug 2014
This anime is surprisingly in my top 3 of the currently airing shows I'm following. Definitely wasn't expecting it to be this fun.

Aqua getting eaten three times was epic. Megumin is awesome. Darkness' debut was cute, I'm guessing she'll be the only useful one? But I'd probably burst out laughing if she turned out to be useless as well. It just doesn't get old when the characters are likable. I really have no gripes with this episode.

5/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Jan 21, 2016 8:21 PM

Nov 2015
I can't believe I'm enjoying both Deen shows this season in every sense.
Jan 22, 2016 12:48 AM
Jan 2013
Killing all frogs by choking lol.

The humor is actually funny.Not having romance, and having characters constantly argue with each other, has made this series stand out.

Jan 22, 2016 1:39 AM

Feb 2011
Noxeria said:
Lmao, Aqua was pretty much bait of frogs while Satou was sweeper. Assuming that he leveled up due to final-blowing frogs pretty much tells that Satou kill-steal all of it. Hehe, what a lucky guy for having an idiot like Aqua.

Agreed. Our MC is lucky to have such a great decoy and an arch-wizard that can help in a pinch, or at least get one kill every battle. We wouldn't want someone else getting all the exp since Satou has to start from square one. As for the new member, Darkness, (such a great name, but what were the parents thinking) I could imagine her overhearing the conversation earlier about frog play and only wanted to join because of that. We shall see. ;)

Seriously though, it'd be nice to have at least one more party member that can get more than one kill. It seems great that he'll be getting all the exp, but I don't think he could handle 3 damsels in distress. Just hope they'll eventually go up against the Demon King, though comedy logic rarely gives you a climatic ending. After reading other comments, it doesn't seem they'll get that far unless the Demon King is actually really weak and our MC was simply lucky enough to find him since the Demon King would have to have been hiding the whole time to avoid getting killed by other adventurers.
ReloadJan 25, 2016 4:08 PM
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Jan 22, 2016 4:12 AM

Nov 2009

He was the director in kore wa zombie, Konosuba is literally saved by this man. He has a good humour.

Though the production value could be much better (this feels like a cheap budget show) but all the seiyuu and comedy make up for it.
Jan 22, 2016 5:52 AM

May 2012
prolly won't skip the op for the rest of the series. lol

watching this characters together's just fun. the comedy's pretty catchy for me.

and then there's Darkness.
Jan 22, 2016 9:20 AM

Jun 2015
A funny episode.
Like the characters.
Jan 22, 2016 11:08 AM

Jun 2013
better art and animation than 1st eps. really likes how they animate aqua's skills lol
bad english incoming
sorry for that
Jan 22, 2016 11:09 AM

Jun 2015
nep-nep said:

>Was that villager at the end a parody of Suwako's hat? Those "eyes" must have been there for a reason...

I had the same thought. After all, it is an episode about frogs.
Jan 22, 2016 11:28 AM

Apr 2014
unexpectedly good show

Jan 22, 2016 12:28 PM
Mar 2014
The source material is pretty brilliant, so all DEEN has to do is not mess it up. So far I'd say they're doing a great job, their comic timing is on point. I admit I thought the art was ugly at first, but since it's a comedy you could say all the derpy faces actually add to the experience.
Jan 22, 2016 4:35 PM

May 2010
Very nice episode. The girls are annoying, but they are meant to be annoying, so yeah, they are still likable. Hope the third girl is less useless (though its KonoSora we are talking about...)
Jan 22, 2016 4:39 PM

Apr 2015
i'm not enjoying the comedy in this show. I hope the knight girl will be a good character, because i'm not liking aqua and that new magician that only likes to use one magic
Jan 22, 2016 5:01 PM
Oct 2012
sun123 said:
I hope the knight girl will be a good character,

What is not to like about a Crusader named "Darkness"? And yes, the writer meant that.
Jan 22, 2016 7:50 PM

Jun 2012
I get a feeling this show will lose itself along the way. The animation is really plain with the exception of the magic attacks maybe because of the other anime airing. I'm really liking it for now but the latest Deen anime for me hasn't impress much.
Jan 22, 2016 11:50 PM

Oct 2013
Machination said:

I agree with you. I couldn't imagine the art any other way, it really does fit the show so well. Besides, art is only one part of what makes a show after all. Plus...

Megumin's art and animation alone easily makes up for it :3

On this show overall, I was hugely surprised. This might in fact be the best show of winter 2016... or at least, these first two episodes have me feeling this way. I have really enjoyed my time watching it and I can't wait for the next episode.
Jan 23, 2016 12:46 AM

Sep 2014
So far my favourite anime for Winter season. Very decent episode. 2 New characters being introduced by the name of Megumin, her chu2byo behaviour kinda reminds me of Rikka. Rie Takahashi is getting good, great debut since Gakkou Gurashi! The other character Dustiness Ford Raratina is damn beautiful. *drools

Loved this part

OW! MY EYE!
_lynxy_Jan 23, 2016 1:03 AM
Jan 23, 2016 4:12 AM

Sep 2010
For some reason "Darkness" reminds me of Centorea a lot. Maybe because it's a long time since I watched Fate/stay night.

Really nice ED theme. ^^

Also, 110000 eris... odd name for a currency.
TakataJan 23, 2016 4:20 AM
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Who will end up with Kazuma ?

lightning_angad7 - Apr 3

25 by trinitroglycerin »»
May 7, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Jan 12, 2016

389 by JLDAVYD_ofc »»
May 2, 7:05 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2016

416 by knowndisc »»
Apr 28, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2016

219 by Comander-07 »»
Apr 27, 3:11 AM

» Netflix English subs are garbage - Crunchyroll is way better

Logikx - Apr 16

16 by Normie_X-2 »»
Apr 18, 10:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.