Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 6, 2013 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, Myoue isn't happy this episode.

I love the way the style balances between a bit of light and dark as well. I'm not a big fan of Myoue but him getting a spotlight with glimpses of his past was interesting. Great connection between Myou and Koto :3

Also, dat OST is glorious. Kinda curious if Koto will do what Myou tells her to do though.
Stark700Nov 6, 2013 8:59 AM
Nov 6, 2013 8:58 AM

Nov 2007
Poor Suzuken's character for getting played and getting his drink stolen. He's too depressed over Ishida-san's character's disappearance (and probably the fire before getting adopted) for too long that his attitude affects others.

Didn't know that she was his girlfriend (thought his character just likes to play with girls and she was just one of the girls he played... out of his depression and loneliness).

lol @ the two's bike scene, which is like OVA ep.! So it was her trying to cheer him up.

A promise to help each other out. He doesn't want to live anymore after meeting his mother, who is probably the rabbit the girl's searching for?

Seiyuu visiting Kyoto ep. (5.5), which is live-action, next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 6, 2013 9:05 AM

Apr 2009
Fukken masterpiece

myoue no ;_;
Nov 6, 2013 11:39 AM
Dec 2012
They left the city? Koto reminded me of Hime from Yozakura. Looked like her words impressed him. Shocking remark at the end.
Nov 6, 2013 2:03 PM

Jun 2013
Poor Myoue... he had to go through both of his parents leaving him =/ What a beautiful episode this was... especially the last few minutes when they're running through the grain fields in the sunset.

Through Koto, the siblings are starting to realize that their parents haven't forgotten about them. Looking forward to their reunion ^.^

LMAO at the special next week HAHA
Nov 6, 2013 2:20 PM

Jun 2013
For those wondering, "Why the pomegranate?"

According to: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1118911/

Along with the citrus and the peach, the pomegranate is one of the three blessed fruits. In Buddhist art the fruit represents the essence of favourable influences. In Buddhist legend the demoness Hariti, who devoured children, was cured of her evil habit by the Buddha, who gave her a pomegranate to eat. She is depicted in Buddhist art holding a child. In Japan she is known as Kishimojin and is invoked by infertile women.

But I had a question about where exactly they went for the last scene? They were going to get Aa and Un? I wasn't sure.

And also, something that struck my mind: We see that Inari transfers his "DNA" to Yakushimaru, and Yakushimaru receives the title of "Myoue," along with the ability ot manipulate magical beads. The DNA sharing may explain why Inari is only half his original size but it does not explain why Yakushimaru's power is to manipulate beads instead of making drawings come to life. Any light on this?
pakokoNov 6, 2013 2:46 PM
Nov 6, 2013 7:23 PM

Aug 2008
^ Nice, thank you for the reference!

WHAT? Did I mishear the last sentence at the end? T___T No, don't say that, Myoue! :(

I watched this episode's ONA at least 4 times already, but I still really really like Myoue's background story! So he and Koto are technically not siblings! hehehe 8)

Nov 8, 2013 1:50 AM

Apr 2009
I could bathe in all the subtext this show has in its dialogue, it's very well written. Myoue is lucky to have Kanojo-san, Shrine girl and Koto in his life, he needs to get over that 300 year old depression pronto.
Nov 8, 2013 3:08 AM

Aug 2013
Nice to get a clearer background on Myoue. I wonder where exactly the train does go. I really liked the scene at the end when they were walking through the wheat field.
And Myoue why did you say that at the end, you can't do that okay?
wow gay
Nov 8, 2013 3:17 AM

Nov 2012
so myoue was left alone by his parents then adopted by his "new" parents.. then left again :/
i wonder why he wants koto to kill him...
Nov 8, 2013 6:59 AM

Dec 2012
This is such an interesting show. Really love the chemistry between all the characters and how they all tie into one another. With a good balance of seriousness and comedy.
Nov 8, 2013 8:37 AM

May 2013
Why would Myoue ask Koto to kill him? This is getting interesting. Episode 5.5 next week.
Nov 8, 2013 9:45 AM

Aug 2013
Woo good episode can't wait ep 5.5 I Want to see kyoto :3

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Nov 8, 2013 10:09 AM

Sep 2011
Hachiko reference
So new Myoue is like Hachiko? Kurama is intrigued about the intention of the dog whether it is waiting for its master or something else. Still don't know what he means about that .

Oh. Also, first Myoue told his adopted son that he should wait until he comes back with a Beginning and an Ending and here comes Koto with A-Un whose names mean Beginning and End. Nice touch. What happens next, then?

In the last part, new Myoue asks Koto to kill him. Woah. What are you thinking?
I take note that the narration in the start of the episode says, "I don't expect salvation in the afterlife. I'm just trying to live this life the only way I know how"
We also have this 'natural order' thing which I don't know how to connect to the story.

Interesting. Looking forward to the next episodes.
joori_StrawberryNov 8, 2013 10:18 AM
pew pew pew
Nov 8, 2013 10:12 AM

Oct 2012
Inari for best dad. Also, Kanojo-san is <3

Still loving this anime. Episode 6 is bound to give us greatness. I can feel it.
Nov 8, 2013 10:32 AM

Jun 2012
This show is too fucking good
Can't wait for the OST to come out. I would love to find someone who didn't get swept up in the moment during the scooter ride through town especially the strings during the train bit
Nov 8, 2013 10:32 AM

Oct 2012
Another fantastic episode. The ONA corresponding to this episode was my favourite one, so I was actually looking forward to this episode quite a bit and the way they expanded on it was pretty much perfect. Original content from here on now and I'm excited to see what direction they'll take this in, although we'll have to wait 2 weeks for episode 6.

Also, the OST was incredible this episode, can't wait for it's release.
Nov 8, 2013 11:31 AM

May 2012
Great episode.
A the beginning and Un the Ending. That was dope.
Nov 8, 2013 11:46 AM

Mar 2012
Beautiful episode.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Nov 8, 2013 12:07 PM

May 2011
Holy hell. I've always found Myoue to be a really interesting character in this series, but that backstory revelation really pushed his character to sheer greatness. Couldn't help but get ecstatic with how this episode was written. Fantastic!!!

10/5. Too bad this poll has limits. ;_;
Nov 8, 2013 12:11 PM

Mar 2013
Goddamn, that cliffhanger. I've been running my head in circles trying to figure out why Myoue wants Koto to kill him but I've come up with nothing -.- I'm pretty sure Koto will refuse on the spot unless he's got a pretty spectacular reason.
Nov 8, 2013 12:17 PM

Apr 2013
OK, it's kind of ironic that I by accident clicked "1" in the vote for one of my favorite episodes of all time. I can't figure out how to switch it and am going crazy!!!!!!!! :/

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 8, 2013 12:24 PM

Apr 2009
ForeverInspired said:
OK, it's kind of ironic that I by accident clicked "1" in the vote for one of my favorite episodes of all time. I can't figure out how to switch it and am going crazy!!!!!!!! :/

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to live with your mistake.

SalemWitch said:
Goddamn, that cliffhanger. I've been running my head in circles trying to figure out why Myoue wants Koto to kill him but I've come up with nothing -.- I'm pretty sure Koto will refuse on the spot unless he's got a pretty spectacular reason.

He wanted to die 300 years ago, but was robbed of the chance. Now the person that saved him has completely skipped out on his responsibilities and is never coming back, he's stuck in a personal purgatory where he is the only human, nothing ever changes and he can't die. Suddenly, the first person in centuries shows up with a hammer that is the only thing to ever cause permanent damage to things in the mirror capital.

I'm sure you can figure it out from there
Nov 8, 2013 12:58 PM

Aug 2010
That was brilliant! This show is too good.

Dat cliffhanger O_O?! Why kill him??

Totally didn't expect Myoe not to be their son. That means Koto and Inari didn't "Do it"? All that time and the first time was for MC Koto?

Loving Myoe's girl friend. She's nicer than I thought.

Well, again, beautiful. From now on all the ONAs have been covered. All new material from here onwards. Can't wait :D
Nov 8, 2013 1:15 PM

Mar 2013
Amarrez said:
ForeverInspired said:

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to live with your mistake.

SalemWitch said:

He wanted to die 300 years ago, but was robbed of the chance. Now the person that saved him has completely skipped out on his responsibilities and is never coming back, he's stuck in a personal purgatory where he is the only human, nothing ever changes and he can't die. Suddenly, the first person in centuries shows up with a hammer that is the only thing to ever cause permanent damage to things in the mirror capital.

I'm sure you can figure it out from there

Thanks, that makes sense. So he's basically the immortal who wants to die, hm. I'd never have guessed he was depressed but what do you know. Although I'm pretty sure his and Koto's journey to find his parents will change his perspective and in turn change his mind about Koto killing him. That's my hope, anyway. He's a pretty cool character and this show doesn't seem the type to easily kill off people but yeah that remains to be seen.
Nov 8, 2013 2:08 PM

Jun 2013
Barion-Zara said:

Totally didn't expect Myoe not to be their son. That means Koto and Inari didn't "Do it"? All that time and the first time was for MC Koto?

Lol how did you think a half-fox and half-man was going to be able to properly have sex with a bunny drawing in a goddess shell? I feel like even MC Koto is not even their proper child, but the anime has yet to answer that question.
Nov 8, 2013 2:18 PM
Oct 2012
Humm, lots of thoughts, while not exactly spoilers I will still hide them unless you want to read them

Nov 8, 2013 2:25 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
SliceofHorror said:
I really liked the scene at the end when they were walking through the wheat field.

Same, it was very calm and a very nice scene.

Myoue sure had a terrible past, I can't believe a child would think of committing suicide like that, though it's not an unthinkable idea either. It's just sad that he didn't have the motivation to live after that tragedy.

I also love how Myou looks at the doggie and then says fine he'll go get Koto back.

Takuan_Soho said:
Humm, lots of thoughts, while not exactly spoilers I will still hide them unless you want to read them

Oh wow that was a really informative read, that made me understand and appreciate this anime even more :O
Nov 8, 2013 2:34 PM

May 2011
Takuan_Soho said:

This is why I love Kyousougiga threads. I applaud you for the very informative post as it made things a lot more clear to me. Gotta love it when an anime like this has deep and significant meanings.
Nov 8, 2013 3:08 PM

Jan 2013
Really well done episode, great pace.
The OST was amazing
Nov 8, 2013 4:04 PM

May 2011
Another great episode. Very well written. Lots of information were disclosed in this episode, quite entertaining it was. It's nice knowing more of Myoue and the OST was just beautiful.
Nov 8, 2013 4:25 PM

Mar 2008
Takuan_Soho said:

mind=blown.
you're a genius!:)
I don't know shit about Buddhism so I really appreciate your post
Vanessa-Nov 8, 2013 4:29 PM
Nov 8, 2013 4:38 PM

Mar 2012
Very cool analysis, Takuan.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Nov 8, 2013 6:45 PM

Jul 2012
3.5/5

Would have enjoyed it more but I already saw this in the OVAs. Just being honest. ^^ Also, didn't expect Myoue to be adopted.
Nov 8, 2013 7:13 PM

Jul 2010
Gem of the season doesn't disappoints.
So, more and more questions are keep popping up in my mind.

Where does the train take to?
Why does Myoue wants to die? Why did he ask that to Koko?

Takuan_Soho said:

Oh nvm, this is quite helpful, thank you.
Also, does the next episode will be a special live action? So nothing Kyousou Giga next week?

Ducat_Revel said:
Also, Kanojo-san is <3

We think alike.
AkanezoraNov 8, 2013 7:25 PM
Nov 8, 2013 9:09 PM

Dec 2011
joori_Strawberry said:
We also have this 'natural order' thing which I don't know how to connect to the story.

I think the natural order thing has to do with the first episode and the world they live in.. As myoue said in the first ep as a kid he doesn't really like how nothing new is born in this world and how also nothing dies.. Everything is left up to their mother and father and it doesn't feel natural, lifeless even..

I think he thinks that his time was supposed to have ended a long time ago but in this world that can't happen, with the exception of koto's hammer which everything it destroys stays that way.
Nov 8, 2013 10:47 PM

Feb 2010
Such a brillant and poignant episode. Depression, loss, mortality, immortality, love, anger, family... this show touches upon so much with a flair for imagery and symbolism. The music was devine this episode. The image of them in that golden field will stay with me. This is the show of the seaon for me.

(+ I'm enjoying Kill la Kill and Samurai Flamenco as well...)

I can't wait too see what happens next.
Nov 9, 2013 12:31 AM

Jul 2011
Myoue was adopted, the other two were drawn.

Ahhh! Finally a satisfying episode. The last few episodes were the exact same as the OVAs except with a little bit of story added. Now I feel like this episode is starting to really weave together all the pieces and I'm really excited!

LOVE KOTO.

Nooo. Episode 5.5 >>
Nov 9, 2013 6:38 AM

Jan 2008
I know I'm kinda slow for theses things, but seeing how Myoue and Koto appear together with images of DNA behind them in the OP and Koto has her mother's name and eyes.

That means she has their mother's DNA just like Myoue has their father's?
Nov 9, 2013 9:52 AM

Apr 2013
Beautiful episode.
Nov 9, 2013 10:40 AM

Jan 2011
I can't get enough of that OST.

When Koto said the meaning of A and Un's names my head exploded.
Takuan_Soho said:

Wow nice job figuring all that out.
[center]
Nov 9, 2013 12:24 PM

Apr 2012
I shed a few tears at the end, not because of sadness, happiness or anything in particular, it was simply the emotions gathered throughout the whole episode that I just couldn't contain.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Nov 9, 2013 3:52 PM

Jun 2013
Gersoncs said:
I know I'm kinda slow for theses things, but seeing how Myoue and Koto appear together with images of DNA behind them in the OP and Koto has her mother's name and eyes.

That means she has their mother's DNA just like Myoue has their father's?

Ehhh I wouldn't go making assumptions out of the opening, because there's plenty evidence within the show itself telling us that:

1) Yakushimaru (current Myoue) was adopted by Inari (first Myoue) and black bunny Koto. Inari is seen giving some of his DNA to Yakushimaru before he leaves, a fact that makes me think that maybe that's why Inari is so small and short in the real world. But there's no other trace of Yakushimaru having a blood relation with black bunny Koto or Inari. The possible reason you see Yakushimaru and MC Koto together with images of DNA behind them in the OP is because MC Koto may also be sharing some of Inari's DNA as well, but that's about all we can say.

2) Nothing in the show thus far has shown how MC Koto was born. We see in the fifth OVA from the 2012 series of black bunny Koto holding infant MC Koto, but none of us know if MC Koto is a legitimate child between Inari and black bunny Koto. In my personal opinion, that'd be weird becauseit's a bunny drawing trying to mate with a person who is half-human and half-fox. Oh and the red eyes can be from either, because both Inari and black bunny Koto has red eyes. So we can't be too sure if MC Koto even has his mother's DNA
Nov 9, 2013 5:29 PM

Jul 2013
This episode was really beautiful.
Nov 9, 2013 5:49 PM

May 2012
Indeed. Beautiful episode! Especially that Myoue and Koto's walk in the wheat field.. And I was surprised with A and Un's names meaning..

It's fantastic how can simple things would eventually have a lot of meaning.. at first it seems it can be nonsense but looking deeper, it's just simply amazing.. Love this series so far.. especially the OP!
rebelakumaNov 9, 2013 5:53 PM
Nov 9, 2013 6:22 PM
Oct 2012
rebelakuma said:
Indeed. Beautiful episode! Especially that Myoue and Koto's walk in the wheat field.. And I was surprised with A and Un's names meaning..

A little background for you if you want to know more: A and Un:
http://www.aisf.or.jp/~jaanus/deta/a/aun.htm
http://www.aisf.or.jp/~jaanus/deta/k/komainu.htm

The two temples they are going to show next week:
Round window (window of enlightenment) is from Genkoan Temple:
http://www.city.kyoto.jp/koho/eng/preview/42.html

The big gateway is from:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chion-in

The former is in the western part of the city and is a Zen, the latter is in the eastern part and is the main temple of Pure Land, so they are pretty much covering all of Kyoto (and Buddhism) here.
Takuan_SohoNov 9, 2013 6:35 PM
Nov 10, 2013 2:11 AM

Nov 2013
Hmm, that's a wonderful and plausible theory! :)

One thing though : In episode 1 we saw Yakushimaru living with his adopted family in this world for a while before they all decided to move to Mirror Kyoto. So he must have survived his seppuku.

Takuan_Soho said:

Nov 10, 2013 1:45 PM

Nov 2011
I am flabbergasted by how good this is. I wouldn't change a thing.

Oh, and that scene in the field was the last part of the ONAs (chronologically speaking. ONA 5 was the history of the family, but ONA 4 ended with that part), so it's all new material from here on in. Uncharted waters!
Nov 10, 2013 5:53 PM

Jun 2012
Really good episode, focus on Myoue this episode.

Nov 11, 2013 3:59 AM

Sep 2012
Only in this episode did I finally realize that the character Myoue has the root in an actual historical figure, also named Myoue, who also lived in seclusion up on a hill near Kyoto. Good to learn a bit of history from this anime

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My%C5%8De
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» For those wondering if you should watch the previous ONAs and their relation to this.

thewiru - Sep 21

0 by thewiru »»
Sep 21, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2013

74 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 14, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

138 by basskiller »»
Jun 15, 8:29 PM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 23, 2013

77 by basskiller »»
May 17, 6:42 PM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2013

66 by sharosharo »»
Apr 17, 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.