Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 28, 2009 10:33 PM

Dec 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
wow, no one's posted about it yet? i LOVED it. i was surprised when at the end i saw "i'll be back!" and then i checked on here and it turns out there's a second season! yay!

i really liked the how everyone was in a school rumble uniform with tenma's hair..AND that eri-chan was on the carton of organic milk! haha
Jun 29, 2009 6:13 AM

Jul 2008
Hihii, School Rumble - uniforms :-------DD Kaya was cute with Tenma hair.

Overall this serie was 7/10. I didn't like the animation style and the jokes weren't that great either (or I just didn't understand them). But characters were nice.

Waiting forward the second season ! :--DD

Jun 29, 2009 7:16 AM
May 2008
Pretty nice way to end the season with a full circle ending. I have to say of all the shows that have been announced for a second season this is one of the only ones that I'd like to have a second season for so I'm glad there will be another. Overall 7/10 for the first season.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jun 30, 2009 1:54 PM

Nov 2008
A great ending to a great series! I can't wait for the second season!
Jun 30, 2009 8:10 PM

Jul 2008
This episode was heck a confusing, but whatever. Natsu no Arashi had to be one of the biggest surprise for me this season, next to Saki that is.
Jul 4, 2009 1:03 AM

Sep 2008
Might Guy? Where? Did I see Pit?

The Tenma hairstyle was hilarious though. xD
I love how they kept shifting the outfits, it really kept things refreshing and I looked forward for the next change. I didn't expect the series to be that good, be it was pretty good after all. I remember when I was still creeped out by the eyelashes...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2009 3:41 AM

May 2008
7/10 7/10 what why 7/10?!

I don't care about subjective rights here in society and what'snots, this show was truly beautiful, yet the only thing I've laughed out loud on save a few other series. In b4 flaming, but I see it as a crime to give it 8/10, and a sin to give it anything below that.

This episode excelled in being witty and soundtrack. Not only that, they drove the time paradox issue more far than I ever would dream an anime to do. Otherwise this episode had lots of what charm the second part of this season were bestowed upon, and I'm giving this 10/10 no matter who says what.

Excellent intelligent show was excellently intelligent.

shuffleair said:
This episode was heck a confusing

Indeed, but not to a fault. A comedy where you have to think should be seen as a gift.

Sonja said:
I didn't like the animation style and the jokes weren't that great either (or I just didn't understand them).

The animation style was imho beautiful (SHAFT did it again), but if you mean the artwork I may agree on some points. And just because you don't understand a joke, doesn't mean it's not brilliant.
Jul 4, 2009 5:10 AM

Jun 2008
5/5
Epic. Haha

And I agree @ Kitcha
The Animation Style were awesome.
For me Natsu no Arashi wasn't a "comedy" Anime.It's just a mix of Comedy,Fantasy, Romance and Parody.

8/10 Great.
Jul 4, 2009 6:59 AM

Oct 2008
Lots of service this episode. I think I understood the milk paradox but not the cherry one. As for the story the salt guy read I actually read that one, but a while ago, and I guess I forgot the worshipping of a hero part but everything else seems spot on; if i wasn't assuming it was an anime, i maybe could've guessed it.

The series was a pleasant surprise. I disliked the animation at the start but I got used to it, and having a good voice cast helped that along. I'll watch the second season, I just wonder what the conflict could be since now they all are friends now. (i'm not interested enough to read the manga to find out, and the manga art i'm not really a fan of)
Jul 4, 2009 7:18 AM

Sep 2007
10/10, the Kanako/Yayoi part the last few episodes could have been a little shorter but these last two episodes returned to the greatness that is Natsu no Arashi. It really makes you think, you know... Where does the milk come from? Where is the milk going? Is the path the milk is travelling on really the right one or does it not matter since all ways lead to the land of milk and honey anyway?
I bought a box of milk just yesterday, I'll pray to it before going to bed today.
SpadeJul 4, 2009 10:51 AM
Jul 4, 2009 10:31 AM

Feb 2009
one of my favorite shows this spring season, and im reading that there is a second season?! hellz yea!! i love this show so much. oh yeah, nice school rumble cameos =D
Jul 4, 2009 2:17 PM

May 2009
Superb final episode! Time travelling can sure be confusing. But oh, so funny. I loved all the different costumes everyone was wearing.

Overall, a very good anime. Lots of awesome randomness, good characters and a great and intresting animation style - as expected of SHAFT! xD

8/10 - Very good.

edit: I'm so happy there's going to be a second season!
Jul 4, 2009 2:42 PM

Sep 2007
Super serie...
And i have think this anime wasn't good when first saw... (because i dislike School Rumble) but not...
My real good surprise of this season ! :)
Jul 4, 2009 8:29 PM

Sep 2008
wow what a ridiculously random and funny extra episode :P All the different costumes were quite amusing, and that time paradox was amazing.

Well overall i really enjoyed this series, it is extremely underated which sucks. I think most people were turned off by the first episode (i didn't like it but i stuck to it and ended up loving this series). Was such a great balance of emotional content, as well as great comedy and interesting ideas, characters, and various other things. Can't wait for the next season, gets a 8/10 from me.
Jul 5, 2009 12:21 AM

Aug 2008
I liked this episode. It was fun to see this again, with a better understanding of who the characters are with the cherry part. Besides that, it was totally fun, frivolous, and confusing.

I'm quite surprised by how much I liked the show. It really kept me interested, and not knowing what to expect, while not really forsaking it's style as a whole.

7/10.
Jul 5, 2009 2:41 AM

Jul 2008
haha i knew it, so its nearly a copy of 1st ep but now one can uderstand more.
the hole discussion of the expired milk was awesome xD, and why do they only wear swimsuits? xD and why do they do the same pose they did in the op xD great stuff^^
after tenma on milk now its eris turn hahah i loved this ep xD
and in the end tenma cosplay haha too awesome, a great last ep.

Jul 5, 2009 12:32 PM

Oct 2007
Due to lack of subs (and time) I only just finished the show watching 3 episodes in a row.

Loved this episode and the show in general, from the music, characters to the animation style. Storyline was confusing a lot of the time but still interesting.

9/10 overall from me, but I usually tend to score high. Still I was always looking forward to seeing another episode of this show.

Can't wait for a second season of this anime.

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Jul 5, 2009 2:49 PM

Feb 2007
I laughed out loud pretty hard when the Salt guy gave the final story telling after the ED, poor guy never gets a break! LOL.

Overall a very nice series, shame its looked down upon by many people, its a genuinely good show that has the right amounts of everything to keep it going. If there's one complaint you could give about the show it's that it's pure Shaft zany-ness, but since when has that ever been a bad thing :P?

Jul 5, 2009 10:28 PM

Apr 2009
In a single universe setting, the following is completely reasonable if we assume that time travel is possible (which itself kinda screws around with the issue of the laws of conservation of matter). CRAPPY MS PAINT SKILLS GO:

In this image, the dashed lines refer to time jumps, the black line is the course of time proper, and the blue and red lines are the passage of time observed by the good and bad milks.

This scenario was I think briefly touched on in the anime. What happens is that the bad milk and good milk are in fact to all intents and purposes two entirely different milks! The good milk jumps through time to when they would bring it back in order to drink it, while the bad milk keeps going back in time, taking the space of the good one. Since the bad milk has also been through this cycle arguably infinitely, from its own perspective, it is completely rotten and probably presents a severe biohazard in the event it would break open. Thankfully being confined to only a few weeks in time and obviously never being opened, this will never actually be a serious threat.

Of course then we all have to wonder how the heck the spoiled milk came to be in the first place, but if we accept time travel a priori, I think we can allow for that as a possibility as well.

However, if you throw alternate Universes into the mix, then things can get a little hairier and multiple explanations can make the paradox possible, including that one -- in fact, the interaction between the multiple universes in this case actually causes those small changes between them that you hear about whenever people mention them.

It IS possible to change the past in an alternate Universe, because it's different from the Universe you came from and the past is built from a different set of actions. Nobody may travel back in time and save me from hanging myself if I chose to do that right now, but that doesn't mean there isn't a Universe where that's not possible.

I mention this because while of course everyone loves swimsuit service, I think that's actually why the costumes kept changing throughout the episode; it was using a clever and effective means of showing the results of different universes. Perhaps. The action with the cherry was a lot harder to follow than the milk.
Oooh Miss Alicia
It's our own secret garden
Lesbians at war
Jul 6, 2009 1:13 AM
Dec 2007
Great and funny episode. I loved the costumes and timeskip explanations ;)

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 6, 2009 2:13 AM

Sep 2008
the_muteKi said:
In a single universe setting, the following is completely reasonable if we assume that time travel is possible (which itself kinda screws around with the issue of the laws of conservation of matter). CRAPPY MS PAINT SKILLS GO:

In this image, the dashed lines refer to time jumps, the black line is the course of time proper, and the blue and red lines are the passage of time observed by the good and bad milks.

This scenario was I think briefly touched on in the anime. What happens is that the bad milk and good milk are in fact to all intents and purposes two entirely different milks! The good milk jumps through time to when they would bring it back in order to drink it, while the bad milk keeps going back in time, taking the space of the good one. Since the bad milk has also been through this cycle arguably infinitely, from its own perspective, it is completely rotten and probably presents a severe biohazard in the event it would break open. Thankfully being confined to only a few weeks in time and obviously never being opened, this will never actually be a serious threat.

Of course then we all have to wonder how the heck the spoiled milk came to be in the first place, but if we accept time travel a priori, I think we can allow for that as a possibility as well.

However, if you throw alternate Universes into the mix, then things can get a little hairier and multiple explanations can make the paradox possible, including that one -- in fact, the interaction between the multiple universes in this case actually causes those small changes between them that you hear about whenever people mention them.

It IS possible to change the past in an alternate Universe, because it's different from the Universe you came from and the past is built from a different set of actions. Nobody may travel back in time and save me from hanging myself if I chose to do that right now, but that doesn't mean there isn't a Universe where that's not possible.

I mention this because while of course everyone loves swimsuit service, I think that's actually why the costumes kept changing throughout the episode; it was using a clever and effective means of showing the results of different universes. Perhaps. The action with the cherry was a lot harder to follow than the milk.

WOW.... this is possibly one of the greatest posts i have ever seen :P

You just made that insane time paradox even better. Cause all your points are valid hahaha, gave me a good laugh though.

But as a reply to your last part, the changing of costumes may been cause of different universes, or it could have been purely for the basis of comedy and references like the series did a lot throughout it.
Jul 8, 2009 8:35 PM

Apr 2009
Great last episode. Everyone's own explanation of the time paradox and the milk was hilarious. I really do hope that there is a second season, if not, this was well worth the watch.
Jul 9, 2009 6:57 PM

Jul 2008
Epic serie is epic.

10/10
Jul 11, 2009 6:25 AM

May 2008
A complete and total gem from start to finish. The animation took a little getting used to, but now I hold it as the standard to judge other anime against. For some reason what impressed me the most was the woodwork, I've never seen such care given to woodwork in anime before, next was the skyscapes; just beautiful.

The story was intriguing, engaging and incredibly well done. and maybe I missed something because at the end of the 12th episode one quote made me realize there's a lot more story coming: "He's the only one that doesn't know..." and I don't think they were talking about Jun.
Jul 18, 2009 8:01 AM

May 2008
Haha Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei xD

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 21, 2009 7:19 PM

Sep 2008
Cosplay was neat. Yukkuri x3. Can't wait for the next season.
Jul 29, 2009 1:48 PM

Dec 2007
As for the "WTF just happened?" - I had to watch it three-four times, but I think i got it ;)

1.Hajime brings the Cutie Cherry-chan to the Ark.
2.Hajime and Arashi come from the future (point 13)
3.Present team goes outside because of Arashi's scream
4.Hajime from the future replaces the Cutie Cherry-chan with a cherry that Kaya "fixed" (point 11.c)
5.Everything proceeds as "normal"
6.Sayaka throws the Kaya's Cutie Cherry-chan into the bowl, the one left on the plate is a "safe" cherry.
7.Hajime decides to go back in time to replace the cherries
8.Arashi takes out the normal cherry
9.Jun and Kaya come from the future with the spoiled milk
10.Jun from the future baits the team outside
11.Kaya from the future goes inside the Ark
a) Leaves the spoiled milk on the table
b) Takes the good milk
c) "Fixes" the normal cherry that Arashi took (point 8)
12.Present Kaya puts the spoiled milk in the fridge, while thinking it's the same milk she bought
13.Arashi and Hajime depart to point 2 with Kaya's Cutie Cherry-chan

So that means that, during the short time after Kaya and Jun from the future depart, there are actually two of Kaya's Cherry bombs, one in the bowl and another one on the plate. Then Arashi takes the one on the plate to the past. In other words when the two cherries on the plate mix, one is Kaya's Cutie Cherry-chan, while the other one is going to be turned into Kaya's Cutie Cherry-chan... so it's actually the same cherry...

As for the milk, I think that Muteki is right... The reason why Kaya says that "She even spent all her money to buy organic milk" is because she thinks it is the milk she bought, when in the reality it's the milk that... well we don't know it's origins actually o_o It goes around in loops, but the loop has no beginning... And the good milk goes to the future, what happens with it after is also unknown

My God, it's complicated...

Anyway. Just finished this Anime and it is an effin' WIN! XD Second season... damn, we have to wait till autumn >.<
MauroxJul 29, 2009 1:54 PM

-=Real, 100% Lelouch Lamperouge Zealot=-
Jul 30, 2009 6:29 PM

Mar 2009
LoL I loved how the character's animations were from the OP :P
Aug 29, 2009 1:30 AM

May 2008
Nice nice nice. Great end to something I won't forget in a while.
Oct 4, 2009 12:33 AM

Jul 2008
confusing talk about time travel; another explosive cherry mixed with weird costumes, and bad fruit drinks made with expired milk, can't wait to see the next season!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 12, 2009 11:35 AM

Feb 2008
Who called for more fanservice? :P
Well, kinda awesome episode. Everyone's Tenma. Fuck yeah!

Overall great anime. 9/10
Oct 22, 2009 11:11 AM

Oct 2008
the_muteKi said:

great explanation...in the end a very good anime and amazing season finale!!!
Jan 9, 2010 8:17 PM
Mar 2008
Time paradoxes are nice :)
Apr 11, 2010 10:43 PM
Jul 2009
Wasn't as good as episode 1. 8/10 overall.
May 21, 2010 11:42 PM

Jul 2007
HAHA great ep, really funny, the 12th episode felt like the finisher for me though. I cant wait to download the next season. I think its reviews were not that great because of too much comedy or something but if its the same as this season i dont really mind haha :D
Apr 12, 2011 2:21 PM

Nov 2010
random fan service quantum mechanics tenma ?_??????
Jun 19, 2011 8:16 PM

Oct 2010
This was not hard to follow, but it does require to put absurd amount of attention to the show (which after the events of ep1 you should should have done)

Anyways good stuff.

8/10 - Quite Unique.

Additionally, they cover that they don't jump across different universes when they come back and forth in time. The biggest example of this is Takeshi Yamashiro and Murata. If they would jump through universes they wouldn't be alive on theirs.
Unless the the Arashi and Hajime also jump from other universe to save the ones on the other and so on, but why save someone which is already alive?
huh?
Dec 11, 2011 10:37 AM

Aug 2011
9/10 for me great original story, good comedy, and some drama, well time traveling has always been something i always enjoyed. so this episode had some nice poses and the costumes where pretty awesome, lol that they changed them like every couple of scenes.

the ending was funny as well the salt guy and that man had had there turn in story telling :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2012 4:33 PM

Jan 2010
This show is amazing.
Jul 12, 2012 11:22 PM

Nov 2011
Wonderful ghost series and reminded me of Dusk Maiden of Amnesia.
Mar 17, 2013 4:26 PM

Jan 2013
Stark700 said:
Wonderful ghost series and reminded me of Dusk Maiden of Amnesia.

You said the same thing in the episode 1 discussion.

How did you watch all 13 episode between 7:20pm and 11:22pm on the same day.
Lets say each episode is 20 minutes when you cut out the ending and opening and lets say that you had them running back to back with absolutely no breaks other then to comment on the first episode discussion. It would take exactly 4 hours and 20 minutes.

Edit: Nevermind I figured it out. You posted in the first episode discussion after finishing the first episode. So it just barely checks out.

Seriously though, how do people watch a whole series with absolutely no breaks inbetween episodes.

I'll give this a 7.5/10.
Dec 2, 2013 11:23 PM

May 2011
i like how they kept switching costumes in accordance to all of shaft's works. Anyways, great 70s songs used! Yamaguchi Momoe FTW!
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Mar 1, 2014 2:34 PM

May 2012
What was up with those crazy costumes and lol it's nice how the episode was somewhere similar like the first episode :p the Zetsubou sensei references were also epic as always so all by all a pretty lovely ending of this first season!

All by all the first couple episodes I didn't really enjoy the serie but after a while it sure became a lot more fun and interesting so let's see what the second season will offer us!
Mar 1, 2014 10:42 PM

Apr 2012
i didn't get the half the references but i enjoyed this series. It was a fun mixture of drama, comedy, and other lighthearted themes. Shaft style also didn't disappoint.

8/10 definitely an underrated series

Jun 14, 2015 5:46 PM

Apr 2014
Hm, I just can't take it in while watching Arashi and Takeshi are talking in a friendly like lover...it's not good for my heart.
I guess I will put season 2 on hold for now...
For season one, 7/10 score from me...not a bad show I would say.
Oct 7, 2015 10:08 AM

Aug 2013
This episode was a ultimate win.
I love time travel theories.
9/10 for this anime, I never expected that it will be that good.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 6, 2016 8:10 PM

Jul 2014
Oww, my brain.

Well, this was a really good show, as expected from Jin Kobayashi. This is also my favorite Shaft show, but the bar is still pretty low.

5/5 for the episode, 8/10 for the show.
Apr 10, 2019 4:20 PM
Jul 2018
Really good show. The drama and comedy were balanced decently. Rough around the edges. 7/10
Dec 18, 2019 10:28 PM

Aug 2015
I missed most of the costume references except for Hajime's Gundam 0079 one and Master's Sakura cosplay from Hyper Police

After the first few minutes, I thought, this is going to be exactly the same episode as the first, isn't it?...
This episode feels like one of those last episodes where the team stopped giving any shits and did what everthey wanted. For example, Yamashiro refers to Arashi in a kimono when she's not wearing one, giving the odd feeling that one is watching a video game where the costumes have been modded or something. The characters stopped feeling self-aware.

I would say this was a no-fucks given episode, but the discussion of time travel paradoxes is detailed (ofc thisanime is a manga adaptation) but this time it was too much for me to follow, especially the convoluted path of Cutie Cherry-chan.

Overall thoughts:

Yayoi and Kanako need to kiss and fuck already
The harpsichord-backed book review segments were my favorite thing in the anime, maybe because I enjoyed listening to Kanako and Yayoi tal, the odd camera angles, and the ero-guro shoujo artwork- because it definitely wasn't because i understood any of the references.

I feel like with most WWII anime, it tries to have its cake and eat it too. Following the "Japan is a victim" narrative, which is true domestically, considering the US strategic bombing doctrine- but this narrative never confronts the fact that Japan was the aggressor abroad. Natsu no Arashi tries to avoid too much sympathy for the Shōwa regime by showing the effects of political authoritarianism on people, eg. secret police and property seizure, and forced labor (though, not of Koreans- something excised from the anime version of In this Corner of the World).
glassknucklesDec 18, 2019 10:32 PM
Mar 19, 2021 8:55 AM
Jan 2018
this part is before episode 1 ,

liked the paradox talk about the milk

so future Kaya and Jun with the milk are from the future of Part 2 ( EP1) after Kaya ate the strawberry which made her make the cherry bomb , so im guessing in S2 we will see kaya and Jun time travel in with the milk ,

found it funny she was the reason that the juice had the cherry bomb in it i assume she was the one that drank it with it or it was someone else.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Moar attention

Alycen - Jul 9, 2009

11 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Yesterday, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Natsu no Arashi! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - May 25, 2009

53 by eblf2013 »»
Apr 20, 5:58 PM

Poll: » Natsu no Arashi! Episode 4 Discussion

yunadestined - Apr 26, 2009

44 by eblf2013 »»
Apr 18, 7:30 PM

Poll: » Natsu no Arashi! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Nek0 - Apr 5, 2009

124 by Ronninn »»
Aug 24, 2022 4:09 AM

Poll: » Natsu no Arashi! Episode 12 Discussion

dbaranyi - Jun 21, 2009

26 by FMmatron »»
May 30, 2022 1:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.