Forum Settings
Forums

Violence against Male characters by female characters.

New
How do you feel about violence against male characters in anime by female characters for mostly minor reasons?
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Oct 26, 2016 2:07 AM

Jul 2014
I'm so fed up with it it's an instant drop these days, unless it's explained with the female character being psychotic/ androphobic or otherwise mentally deficient.

Much prefer the role reversal to make up for all the misandry so far.
Oct 26, 2016 2:38 AM

Nov 2009
KuroudoAkabane said:
this shit is very specific to harem garbage.
it doesnt happen in other genres.

I disagree. It is most common in romantic comedies, and isn't limited to harem ones. For example, Nazo no Kanojo X often works like that.
Oct 26, 2016 3:01 AM

Jun 2015
flannan said:
KuroudoAkabane said:
this shit is very specific to harem garbage.
it doesnt happen in other genres.

I disagree. It is most common in romantic comedies, and isn't limited to harem ones. For example, Nazo no Kanojo X often works like that.
arent most harems supposed to be romance/funny
Oct 26, 2016 3:38 AM

Nov 2009
KuroudoAkabane said:
flannan said:

arent most harems supposed to be romance/funny

Yes, many harems are romantic comedies. I meant to say "non-harem romantic comedies have this too".
Oct 26, 2016 4:10 AM

Mar 2015
wait, isn't already plenty female targetted series has abusive male lead?

and those are more disgusting than most male targetted series i watch.. i mean, look at diabolik lovers... that shit was disturbing! at least most male targetted series commonly use it for comedic purpose... when most shoujo series be like
>he was hurt me (sometimes, sexual abuse or even literaly rape)
>but he was handsome
>okay, maybe he was the one that hurt inside
>he does hurt inside
>only me who understand him
>i love him

seriously, WTF? stolckhome syndrome everywhere...

you guys really nead boarden your views... neither something good will come only from rant about it without actually trying to explore what you even talking about..
KumaOct 26, 2016 4:15 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 26, 2016 4:20 AM
Sep 2015
i voted for i dont care anyway.

what i hate the most in anime are MALE MCs that are retarded,annoying,stupid,arrogant,dense,are pussies,bitches about everything. i have gained a whole new level of hatred because i am currently watching GOSICK and this MALE MC is so fucking annoying.. i really like the series but the mc is giving me a hard time. currently at ep 19/24

well, goodbye.
Oct 13, 2017 7:04 AM
Jul 2015
Does anybody feel offended watching male characters get unjustly beaten up by female characters in anime ? And by "unjustly", I meant that the male character is not purposefully doing something that made the girls mad. For example, if one gets beaten up doing perverted stuff such as groping someone's breasts or butt, or being a Peeping Tom and peep on naked girls bathing, then that is justified, as the male character is at fault for intentionally doing such stuff with the goal of violating a girl's personal space, dignity, privacy and etc for satisfying his own lust.

But if unintentional, such as, a wind blows a girl's skirt and a guy gets beaten up for unintentionally seeing her panties, or a situation like in this video, starting from 1:07 where the blonde girl kicks the trap character just for calling her "flat-chested" : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTtIK9vgu5g

If that's the case, would you get offended watching males gets beaten up unjustly by females in anime ?

I mean, if you don't like someone calling you names, then that doesn't give you the right to physically beat them up, as you have the choice just to ignore it or just laugh it off, as that scene was not even a serious insult that causes her to go that bonkers. If I am in an anime and a girl kicks me for doing something that unintentionally made her mad, I will kick that girl back in return.

I mean just think about it.

In anime logic, if a boy can get beaten up by a girl just for calling her "flat-chested" which is only offensive from the subjective viewpoint of that girl ( I say "subjective" because some girls actually take pride in having flat-chests or small boobs and would take being called one as a form of praise ), therefore, if a boy can get beaten up by a girl just for calling her "flat-chested", then in True Gender Equality in Anime, a boy can also kick a girl that calls him by subjectively offensive names such as "Small-Dick Virgin". And again, I call that "subjective", as some boys actually perceive having small dicks or being a virgin as a source of pride or a form of praise.

Also, there are many anime where male characters who accidentally or unintentionally walk in to a girl undressing her clothes and being naked/in undies gets unjustly beaten up or attacked by that girl. In most cases the girls don't even allow the male to explain himself before proceeding to beat the living daylights out of the poor boy.

Judging by that logic, and if following True Gender Equality, then a male character can also beat up a girl for walking in on him undressing and being naked/in undies.

To point out an example, the first episode of Gakusen Toshi Asterisk. You see in that episode that Julis gets so mad that Ayato saw her in her undies that she attacked him and challenged him to a duel. I mean, why so mad ? That person is unintentional, as he just wanted to return your handkerchief. All you have to do is cover your body and kindly ask him to place the handkerchief somewhere and then ask him to leave immediately within 10 seconds or he would be treated as a burglar breaking in. That's what I would do if I were Julis. Then after that we agree to meet and as Julis, I will hear him out at a cafe or some place and we both get off to a good start without the pointless duel even happening.

Same in some anime where a female beats up or attacks a male character for unintentionally seeing her boobs. If that's the case, then if we follow gender equality in an anime, a male character can also beat up or attack a female character who unintentionally or accidentally saw his dick and balls.

I am making this thread, because in real life I dislike feminists that thinks females are superior than males, and also hate male supremacists or males that think females are inferior than males and should not do the same jobs/tasks as men. I am a guy that only support True Gender Equality, where males and females can do the same tasks as long as they are qualified/suited for the job, and also get equally punished for same crimes or wrongdoings/accidents/mishaps. In other words, I support females doing the same jobs as men if they are healthy and physically fit for it, such as women working as construction workers, farmers, bodyguards ( in real life there are many women with Aikido or any martial arts expertise that can easily incapacitate a male attacker easily as long as not too outnumbered ) policewomen, soldiers, etc....

What I am also trying to say, is women should not rely too much on men for some tasks, and men should not rely too much on women for some tasks. Both needs to be equally independent and respectable, for True Gender Equality.

But there will be both weak men and weak women, so in that case they should both be treated gently and pardon them for having to depend on others, as some people are not as capable as others and requires more help in life than others. Because this is a world where everyone is not strong and there are bound to be weak people that need support and love from the strong ones. Besides, in most American Superhero movies, it is the job of the strong to protect and help out the weak, right ? That is how strength should be used, and that is to help out others.

So, back to my original main question : Does anybody feel offended watching male characters get unjustly beaten up by female characters in anime ?
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Oct 13, 2017 7:06 AM

Nov 2014
No, it's an attempt at comedy. You don't need to get perpetually offended over such things.
BurningSpiritOct 13, 2017 7:10 AM
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Oct 13, 2017 7:08 AM

Apr 2016
And what do we never do ? we never question nipponjins fetishes.
Oct 13, 2017 7:09 AM
Dec 2016
Not really, personally I'd never get offended watching anime because no matter how funny or unfunny some aspects are, it is just entertainment after all. If I waste my time being offended over anime then wheres the entertainment aspect?

Feb 2016
OP, that is just comedic relief, there is nothing wrong with that... at all

tho, if this happens on real life, now that would be completely different

"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall

Mar 2016
It's annoying and unfunny, but I don't get offended by it lol

Oct 13, 2017 7:10 AM
May 2017
I don't get offended by it. I just get annoyed. It's the anime trying to be funny by making the girl somewhat relevant in a male self insert power fantasy ridden culture.

Just so we're clear here. It may have been funny at some point, but it's a trope done to death and it's not funny anymore.
CoolitzHubertXVI said:
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk
lol traaaaaaaaaash
Oct 13, 2017 7:12 AM

Mar 2012
Your hero TouMan will come to save you once again. A true believer in gender equality.

Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 13, 2017 7:12 AM

Jan 2014
You mean a tsundere? That's just poor writing.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 13, 2017 7:13 AM

Nov 2016
No, cause in RL it's no different, GF gets mad for no reason and I'm the one who ends up apologizing.

Tho I have to admit that it seems to be more random in anime.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 13, 2017 7:14 AM

Jul 2016
Katsuo_ said:
It's annoying and unfunny, but I don't get offended by it lol

This, nothing else needs to be added. It doesn't offend me, it's just unfunny and extremely overused in some cases. To the extent to even making me hate the anime and drop it.
Futari wa Milky Holmes was a mistake
Yoshii did nothing wrong

Oct 13, 2017 7:15 AM

Jul 2016
I personally also really dislike that shit, it ain't even remotely funny in my opinion.

But oh well, apparently some people think otherwise, which is, you know, fine by me. It's just not my thing.
I'm not necessarily offended by the scenes, I'm pretty annoyed whenever they come up though.
Oct 13, 2017 7:17 AM

Nov 2014
FMmatron said:
No, cause in RL it's no different, GF gets mad for no reason and I'm the one who ends up apologizing.

Tho I have to admit that it seems to be more random in anime.

Don't worry, we all go through that and can empathise. I've never once won an argument with an angry woman, I didn't do a thing wrong but I just gave up and apologised XD
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Oct 13, 2017 7:20 AM

Apr 2015
...It's a poor attempt at comedy. With any luck, it will fall by the wayside in time.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Oct 13, 2017 7:23 AM
Jul 2018
the first few times i saw that i didnt mind that, now i hate it.
Oct 13, 2017 7:23 AM
Jul 2018
BurningSpirit said:
No, it's an attempt at comedy. You don't need to get perpetually offended over such things.

This. Tho slapstick comedy is rarely funny. ^^"

If you guys feel better then:

Tho, she kicked him against a wall in the 1st ep. So... xD

He is just a jerk, but a cute one?
Oct 13, 2017 7:24 AM

Nov 2008
I don't like it and will get annoyed but it's not a necessary show-dropper.

Oct 13, 2017 11:45 AM
Jul 2015
I have also seen many scenes in Anime where the MC walks in accidentally on a girl naked or in her undies and the girl gets mad and starts throwing stuff or goes all angry at the MC.

I mean, the guy is accidentally seeing you in that state, so why would the girl get so mad ? In real life, most girls would just cover their boobs or turn around facing away from the guy asking him to leave immediately. If Julis had done so calmly in Gakusen Toshi, Ayato would just quickly place the handkerchief there and leave, and the duel would not have happened.

If I am a girl, I would also react calmly and will tell the guy accidentally walking on me naked to leave immediately in a peaceful and calm manner, as I won't get physically harmed or pregnant just from someone accidentally seeing my naked body, so there is no reason for me to get so mad.

Of course, if I become a girl in real life, and a guy, especially a stranger, accidentally touches my boobs, I may find it hard to know if it's intentional or not, and would probably feel slight anger or emotionally discomforted, but I would immediately tell him to pull away his hand or Imma gonna slap him real hard. But at least I won't immediately slap or punch him like in most anime where girls do so, as I would think that he might have done so by accident, so I am giving the guy a chance to quickly back off. If he backs off and says sorry, then it is an accident and I would just shrug it off, but if he's still touching, then I take it he's a molester or Chikan, and would immediately do all necessary measures to remove his hand from my boobs, including shouting for help if I couldn't do so myself.

What I am trying to say if, anime girls should give the guy a chance to explain themselves, as most guys in anime did so accidentally. Besides it's not like as if those naked girls would get pregnant anyway just by being walked in accidentally by a guy.

Some anime girls that could get very damn angry in their first meeting just because the MC who they've never met before walked in on them naked or in undies, like Julis from Gakusen Toshi, should just chill out.

This girl in Musaigen Phantom World should also be thanking the guy for trying to save her from falling down on her face instead of getting mad just because the MC accidentally saw her panties after she fell on him after that guy tried so hard to not accidentally touch her boobs >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l1PJ3AxeGI

If I were that guy, Haruhiko, and have tried my best to try to save that girl from falling on her face that might broke her nose or teeth, only to be rewarded with a throw instead of a word of thanks, I would immediately gone ape-shit crazy and throw her down the same as she did it to me. That would be justice ! An eye for an eye. Trying to help someone, but being rewarded with violence for trying to be a Hero ! Anyone would be angry in that situation. Besides, that girl fell on him, so she should be the one apologizing, not Haruhiko! But instead of a well-appropriate apology, or a word of thanks for saving her from falling face first, she proceeded to use some Aikido or what-kinda-move to throw him away, and I find it totally unjustified, and against Justice ! ( Now I kinda sound like Toppo from Dragon Ball Super for overusing the word "Justice" ) Justice means certain actions or deeds deserve appropriate reactions or results. So if I do something good for someone, that someone should do something good for me in return. But what if I do something good for someone, and he does something bad to me in return, like the example from Haruhiko's encounter with the girl in the video link above ? Then that is Unjust !

Those two girls get mad for totally unjust reasons, and for anime girls that get so angry over such small things like that, I'd love to show them how in the Middle Ages, or in War Times in our current Earth in real life, how women are being treated as second-class or third-class citizens in medieval times with no voting rights or equal rights as men, and how women are being caught and raped by soldiers in war times by some armies. Most of the women in real life who met such cruel fates have mostly done nothing to deserve it, and if we ask such women who have actually became sex slaves ( please search Japan World War Comfort Women on Google ), or rape victims, and if we ask them whether they prefer to get raped again, or be freed under the condition that they would allow some stranger to just walk in on them naked or just grab their boobs, they would agree to do the latter.

Why am I mentioning such an evil and heinous act such as rape ? Because I am trying to point out that Anime Girls shouldn't get so angry just because the male MC walked in on them naked or accidentally touched their boobs, because in life, there are so much more WORSE things that could happen to a girl, and something as comparatively small as some guy accidentally stumbling on them naked or unintentionally touching their boobs, which are acts that doesn't take away their freedoms and rights for a long time, and doesn't make them pregnant without their consent, should not be something that they should get so bonkers about. It's an accident, for Christ's sake ! Calm the fuck down, anime girls, and give the male MC a chance to explain himself !

For example, in real life, if a female that I don't know accidentally touched my dick or balls, i would ask her to remove her hand at once or use my own hand to shove her hand away from man's number 1 weak point. I would immediately ask her to explain herself, but wouldn't get so overly mad that I would just slap or punch her, as I would think that she might have accidentally done so. But in anime, if a girl's boobs were accidentally touched by a male just for a few seconds, she would just punch or beat up the male without giving time for him to provide an explanation.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Oct 13, 2017 11:46 AM

Jul 2015
Yes
You know 1/10 exists for reasons
Oct 13, 2017 11:48 AM

May 2015
No, and I think it's stupid if you get offended by anything in anime.

Oct 13, 2017 11:52 AM

Jul 2016
Wouldn't say I get offended, I just roll my eyes and go "Oh, more tsundere trash"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2017 11:53 AM

Jul 2017
yes i agree it should be the opposite

a guy beating a girl
Oct 13, 2017 11:57 AM

Apr 2017
It's just unfunny and way too overused but i don't really get offended

Oct 13, 2017 12:25 PM

Feb 2016
Nothing can offend me.

Except 30 characters limit.
Oct 13, 2017 12:36 PM
Jul 2009
Uh it tends to mean that the show is written by lazy morons who are just copy pasting moments from other shows without even trying to understand the context of the scene
But it doesn't offend me lol
FMA:B OUTDATED noot KIMI NO NA WA OVERRATED noot LONG HAVE WE WAITED noot PINGU IN THE CITY WAS CREATED noot
Oct 13, 2017 12:41 PM

Feb 2015
It only happens in the most trashy of shows, so it should be pretty easy to avoid. If you watch trash, don't get offended if you what you're getting is trash.
Oct 13, 2017 12:58 PM

Apr 2017
No one cares about the male character , it's all about waifus.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Oct 13, 2017 1:11 PM
Aug 2011
I'm not offended, but tired of that trope that's been used to death.
Oct 13, 2017 1:13 PM

Feb 2015
Sometimes... When it's not really comedic and really unjustified... Sometimes I'm like

"Bitch he just saved your life and you beating him because the wind blew your skirt?"

Oct 13, 2017 1:14 PM

Dec 2008
@CoolitzHubertXVI Is seeing Sanji getting one punch by Nami the same as Subaru getting murdered by Rem? You can't tell a comic relief from gore?
Oct 13, 2017 1:15 PM

Jan 2016
I used to get offended but over time I've just sighed exasperatingly whenever I see it. It's just for a generalised otaku audience.
Oct 13, 2017 1:16 PM

Feb 2010
I don't feel offended because taking offense at random stuff in fiction is for SJWs and I can just dislike something without getting offended and whining about it. It's just one of those things you gotta deal with in anime.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 13, 2017 1:17 PM

Oct 2015
The only thing that offends me is that the author thinks this tired trope is funny at all. Hell, it wasn't funny when I saw it in Love Hina years ago. Stop regurgitating tired topes you hacks!
Oct 13, 2017 1:52 PM
Oct 2017
I'm a girl and I've faced a lot in my life because of this......
Oct 13, 2017 2:08 PM

Dec 2014
No, I don't... why would I, and why would we? In the end the kind of story's where this shit happens are written by men...
Oct 13, 2017 2:11 PM
Jul 2012
No I don't care. It's actually funny that they reuse the same tropes back to back when it's not funny to begin with.
Oct 13, 2017 2:30 PM

Feb 2013
i cant help but think peopel with this problem should pick better shows
Oct 13, 2017 2:35 PM

Mar 2017
Men getting beaten up by women in anime is not realistic because it's animation. Nothing that happens in cartoons should be taken so seriously.

It's strictly for humor. We get a chuckle at seeing the woman act so offended and karate-chop the daylights out of a man - it's to bring amusement. It has nothing to do with feminism or "women have more rights then men." It's just funny.

CURRENT OTPS - Kaito Kid x Shinichi Kudou
CURRENT OBSESSION - Detective Conan
CURRENTLY PLAYING - Spyro | Crash Bandicoot
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO - WRLD: By Design
CURRENT HUSBAND - Kaitou Kid
Oct 13, 2017 2:45 PM

Apr 2017
OP, I'm not gonna lie, I did not read your post, but if you had to write over ten pargraphs to make your point, then you are seriously overthinking this. And do I need to remind you that this is fiction?

I mean, I'm not a fan of that overused trope, but I don't mind it either. Also, there are cases when males physically attack women too, like the blue haired guy to the pink hair girl in Angel Beats, or Kazuma punching Aqua in KonoSuba. I don't get offended at those either.

Frankly, I think you are acting like the feminists you criticise do, looking for things to get offended and making 10 paragraphs on why something is sexist, when truly it is not. This is the same, is comedy, is not sexist or anything of the sort.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2017 2:46 PM

Dec 2012
Only confusion when they don't block it, hit back or file assault charges and take out a restraining order.
KruszerOct 13, 2017 2:53 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Oct 13, 2017 3:58 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
From what I understand, it's a part of the fantasy or kink of the male otaku audience. Sounds legit.

But in other words, no it's dumb and the contrivance is obvious.
Oct 13, 2017 4:04 PM
Jun 2015
>offended

Come on man, leave that to the narcissistic women
Oct 13, 2017 4:11 PM

Aug 2013
No but I cringe a lot when I see it happen. I also try to avoid shit anime that have tsundere bitches in them. Glad this unfunny shit trope for otaku masochists doesn't exist in western cartoons for the most part.
DrGeroCreationOct 13, 2017 4:18 PM
Oct 13, 2017 4:19 PM

Jan 2016
Don't be so easily offended it's a bloody cartoon just get over it.
All the fools who go around hating on everything should stick to them eighties anime.

After all isn't that the golden age of TV anime.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 3 hours ago

10 by Sorachin »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » What tropes do you find the most annoying in a protagonist?

ZeroMajor12 - 16 minutes ago

2 by BitChilly »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 1 hour ago

14 by joseifan »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » whats the severity of social stigma for anime and its fans now a days?

deg - 2 hours ago

6 by Zarutaku »»
6 minutes ago

» What's your most controversial anime among your favorites? ( 1 2 3 )

Kushna - Apr 5

108 by JaniSIr »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.