Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 12, 2014 9:57 PM
Jan 2013
What's this, Julius Ceasar and Hannibal, I'm guessing that sooner or later Genghis Khan will arrive and so as Attilia the hun.
Jan 12, 2014 10:23 PM
Jan 2013
I see this going no where besides mech fighting, I'm already kind of bored.

Meh, I'll wait a couple of episodes
._.
Jan 12, 2014 11:06 PM
Mar 2010
I'm not going to search for logic in this anime. It's all good fun. The Lovers....huh, I thought that meant Jeanne and Nobu.

Still have no idea where this is going but will keep watching it.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jan 12, 2014 11:19 PM
Sep 2011
So how is the armor powered? And what is this about a dragon?
Jan 13, 2014 12:09 AM

Jan 2013
So the West and East stars are different planets? I didn't even know until this episode.

Also looks like the MC has no trouble killing people lol.
Jan 13, 2014 12:09 AM

Mar 2013
look more attractive...
can't wait next episode
Jan 13, 2014 12:35 AM

Jul 2013
when Saru was teasing Jeanne, I remember Issei and Rias... damn their VAs.. but this time its Nobunaga X Jeanne for me.. no incest please!

cool episode!
Jan 13, 2014 2:07 AM

Aug 2012
ED is awesome.

The Fool, lol.
Jan 13, 2014 2:33 AM

Nov 2013
The VAs are keeping this thing real!!! ;D
The opening has me worried, however, action-wise.

PrimeX said:
when Saru was teasing Jeanne, I remember Issei and Rias... damn their VAs.. but this time its Nobunaga X Jeanne for me.. no incest please!

cool episode!

^And this
Jan 13, 2014 3:54 AM

Jan 2013
xchee said:
Good episode. It's easier to follow now that I don't have the "WTF kind of setting is this?!" reaction as I did in episode 1. The fuuruu!

Iazrien said:
I like this series really looks like there is potential although if you don't know your history you probably won't anywhere near as much enjoy this series as others would. Hopefully the characters play to their historic roles.

Hmm I actually think the opposite: throw your knowledge of history out the window and you'll most likely enjoy this show more. That way, you don't have the little voice in your brain nagging "but that character was..." I don't know I guess it's just me.

I agree. I think less knowledge of history would lead to greater enjoyment.

ona said:
I know it's the second episode and she has time to improve, but I can't stand how Joan of Arc, one of the most legendary figures in French history, has been reduced to nothing but a boob-jiggling damsel in distress who can't even hold a knife. She got to deck the monkey, which was cool, but she's basically pointless right now.

And is Nobu in love with his sister? What? Watch, next episode they'll reveal they're not really related or something.

Yes, this annoyed me too. Jeanne d'Arc was supposedly a superlative military leader who reclaimed much of France's territory from England. Characterising her as a busty fan service girl doesn't sit right with me either. That's why I think less knowledge of the historical figures will lead to more enjoyment in this show.
Jan 13, 2014 4:50 AM

Nov 2013
Mechas, historical figures, boobs, and dubstep. Talk about an epic combination!

Jan 13, 2014 4:51 AM

Nov 2013
A-Knight said:
Nobu and Jeanne should just fuck already.

Setting is crazy interesting with all these great historical figures together. Hopefully Nobu survives and becomes king with Jeanne as his bitch.
I know right?! She would be great to french fuck with those funbags!

Jan 13, 2014 5:05 AM

Jun 2013
People are saying that Mitsu has something for Ichihime
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Jan 13, 2014 5:14 AM

Sep 2010
Riez said:
People are saying that Mitsu has something for Ichihime

It's not a real "spoiler" (centuries old spoiler?) when it's in episode 1. Akechi Mitsuhide betrayed Oda Nobunaga and drove him to ceremonial suicide. Ranmaru Mori, Oda's young servant and lover, was with him when the betrayal happened. He also committed seppuku to join his lord. The temple they were in was supposedly ignited on fire by Ranmaru on Nobunaga's orders so the flames would incinerate the bodies before Mitsuhide would desecrate them.
Jan 13, 2014 6:14 AM

Dec 2008
Da Vinci is SO over the top!

I wonder how well this is going to follow actual history. Will Mitsuhide betray and kill Nobunaga? Will Jeanne get burned at the stake? Will we get to hear Ceasar utter those famous words, " Et tu, Brutus?" as he collapses and dies from mulitple stab wounds?

Love the dub step ED.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jan 13, 2014 6:51 AM

Aug 2012
tsubasalover said:
Techno ED. OP > ED

Easily.

I'm already waiting for the OST to be released. I'm surprised, but I'm enjoying this series more than I thought I would.
.................................................................................
Jan 13, 2014 7:13 AM

Jan 2009
Marzan said:
June93 said:
I wish those 2.4k+ people didn't vote on the series already, but what else can I expect from MAL?

So true. I really wish it wasn't possible to vote/review series until a certain number of episodes had passed.

-to the people who think like this. not everyone will finish an anime that they hate or grow to hate. imagine someone wanting to vote/review a series like one piece, naruto or bleach, which contains like 200+ episodes each. someone who starts hating it at like episode 2 will not watch the whole 200+ episodes or even a certain number like 6 episodes just to write a review. if people hate a series at episode 1, let it be known.

===========================
Ep2 Thoughts:
0:43, 3:28, 13:08 epic music

8:22 why is it that scenes like this put me to sleep? Maybe cuz it's related to politics/war?

11:58 monkey: "Is this a wig?...Is that rack real, too?". Monkey really is a monkey. What a creep

14:04 love the conversation between Nobunaga and the Jeanne. Don't let destiny decide what u want to do

15:07 great shot of Jeanne. Full of moe, hawtness, innocence...

-----------------
Overall:
1. Intense OP song. Loved the ED song until the dub-step came in. ED fell flat, like I got betrayed.

2. Love the interaction between the Nobunaga and Jeanne.

3. Really can't stand the historic clothing and style even though mecha is involved. The vibe I get with historic stuff is a bunch of over-sized pig bodied muscular men with silly mini-pony tail hairstyles & with over-exaggerated deep voices who want nothing but power (like Da-Vinci). Modern is more my style.

4. Definitely dropping this series after episode 3.

Ep2: 3/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jan 13, 2014 7:29 AM

May 2009
Heh, Machiavelli and Hanibal as chicks
Jan 13, 2014 8:33 AM

Feb 2013
I hope Brutus and Mitsuhide meet. Maybe plan a joint betrayal? Kill each other before they have a chance to kill their respective lords? Either way I'd laugh.

I'm slightly upset at the characterization of Jeanne. She should be a huge badass, not a disstressed damsel.

Not the most intelligent and/or historically acurate show ever, but fun to watch.
Jan 13, 2014 8:41 AM

Oct 2013
the thing i enjoyed about this series, is the discussion thread is always so interesting to read. On this historical and other notes that everyone wrote.

Hmm, there are so many series on nobunaga, I don't really go and read up the history also. But I enjoy the refreshing approach of the history, adding mecha and west. Plus i love all the seiyuu.
Jan 13, 2014 9:14 AM

Aug 2010
One of the best mecha name ever. LOL. I lol hard when he decided to name it "The Fool".
Jan 13, 2014 1:57 PM

Sep 2012
This is between bad and average, but I'm having enough fun, maybe I'll stick to it.
Jan 13, 2014 2:33 PM

Sep 2011
This is such a dumb series but i m enjoying the hell out of it, even if its ironic enjoyment its still enjoyment.

and as dumb as a statement as im about to say, i oddly feel like there is some form of potential

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 13, 2014 4:06 PM
Jan 2013
I actually can't wait for the next episode to come out. The OP and Ending soundtracks were good, but did anyone listen to the OST???? It was epic! The transition soundtrack gets five stars from me. Watching an anime like this tht is kind of serious and Mecha is kind of out of character for me; taking risks. The story's OK and the character design is ALRIGHT. I guess time will tell.
<3 UR PRETTY KEWL 2 <3
Jan 13, 2014 4:15 PM

Jan 2010
A poor man's Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon, lacking all the elements that made Horizon enjoyable for me. Dropped.

Jan 13, 2014 7:15 PM

Sep 2013
So much better then the first episode.
Jan 13, 2014 7:41 PM

Sep 2010
ZA FUURU
(really?)

going full speed into "So bad its good" territory, will give the trainwreck a couple weeks to see if it recovers and makes something out of this mess.
Jan 13, 2014 10:10 PM

Jun 2012
affirming_flame said:
ona said:
I know it's the second episode and she has time to improve, but I can't stand how Joan of Arc, one of the most legendary figures in French history, has been reduced to nothing but a boob-jiggling damsel in distress who can't even hold a knife. She got to deck the monkey, which was cool, but she's basically pointless right now.
Yes, this annoyed me too. Jeanne d'Arc was supposedly a superlative military leader who reclaimed much of France's territory from England. Characterising her as a busty fan service girl doesn't sit right with me either. That's why I think less knowledge of the historical figures will lead to more enjoyment in this show.
Well, true but she also didn't start that way... I can't say much for the large breasts, but perhaps her reaction to Hideyoshi is intended as a reference to her being a virgin (probably not, but just a guess).

Anyway, I agree, the less you know the less bias you'll have. That's how I was with the show Spartacus for instance. But I don't think this show will be following history to the letter... simply by the fact that they have all these historical figures from completely different times together in one show.

In fact, I think the intro was probably there to just to make you think they'd be following history. I mean, maybe they'll try to creative tie it all together to make it follow history... but just the fact that Joan of Arc has a person (Nobunaga), whom she seems to listen to, telling her she shouldn't follow some "destiny" makes me think things will be different.
Jan 13, 2014 10:11 PM

Jan 2013
Thza fuuru xD
Jan 13, 2014 10:57 PM

Jul 2010
I must admit I really enjoyed this shit. It's becoming pretty interesting now that they showed more of the plot. The round table lol, I bet every man of that table will have an historical name.

Btw, I hope this won't follow the real history, because if it's so, then it would be predictable as fuck ...

niaxato said:
Why did Jeanne have to become a man? Is Nobu's sister a yandere brocon? Looks like Mitsuhide prolly has a thing for the sis. Wonder if he will end up betraying Nobu at some point.

Probaly Ichi is Nobunaga's fiance, above the fact of being his sister. After all it's not that unusual for the East. Also, it's pretty obvious that Mitsu is in love with Ichi.

Anyway, it will end Oda x Jeanne, without a doubt so I won't bother shipping anyone.
Jan 13, 2014 11:50 PM
Jul 2018

DAT OP by Minori Chihara and ED by Stereo Dive Foundation. Absolutely brilliant. <3
WTH with Nobu and Ichi? That's incest. Feels like they are in love with each other.
"The Fool."
Jan 14, 2014 1:04 AM
Aug 2011
I have begun to like this and I don't know why.
Some parts are so damn stupid but other parts are just kind of fabulous and I am amused by that right now.
Jan 14, 2014 1:07 AM

Jan 2013
Akanezora said:
I must admit I really enjoyed this shit. It's becoming pretty interesting now that they showed more of the plot. The round table lol, I bet every man of that table will have an historical name.

That reminds me. Why does every anime have a round table? I never noticed this trope until I watched the episode. And lol i love how much historical names they put in this series. Every character lmao.
Jan 14, 2014 2:36 AM

Jan 2013
ibrahim2712 said:
Why does every anime have a round table? I never noticed this trope until I watched the episode.

It's referencing the Knights of the Round Table from Arthurian legend, without the actual knights. I assume using a round table for discussions is convenient so its prevalent.

It's strange how the Planet not!Japan has all the relevant historical figures in the era while Planet West lacks Gawain/Lancelot/Bedevere considering Arthur himself is leading it.
minescopeJan 14, 2014 2:39 AM
Jan 14, 2014 2:40 AM

Jun 2012
ibrahim2712 said:
Akanezora said:

That reminds me. Why does every anime have a round table? I never noticed this trope until I watched the episode. And lol i love how much historical names they put in this series. Every character lmao.
Well, it looks like King Arthur might be there leader, so it fits. As for other anime, I think it's simply because a lot of authors like to reference well-known things.

Also, I'm not sure if anyone said this yet, but I have a feeling that everyone from the "West Star" will be European leaders/famous figures (i.e Julius Caesar, Alexander the Great, etc.) and the East will be Asian peoples.

minescope said:
It's strange how the Planet not!Japan has all the relevant historical figures in the era while Planet West lacks Gawain/Lancelot/Bedevere considering Arthur himself is leading it.
Well it's only the second episode... it looks like there's a ton of characters yet to be introduced. Since we've seen a few Julius Caesar characters, I'd be pretty surprised if Arthur's companions to show up in the future.
Jan 14, 2014 3:02 AM
Feb 2013
parfaited said:
Some parts are so damn stupid but other parts are just kind of fabulous and I am amused by that right now.

Exactly my thoughts.
This is totally cliche and foolish (almost dropped after the 1st ep), but somehow interesting.
Awesome ED!
kcuf
Jan 14, 2014 3:12 AM

Jan 2011
ok saw the OP, knew why is this call the fool

looks like any other boy meets mecha shows, dropped
Jan 14, 2014 3:17 AM

Jun 2012
klaymore said:
ok saw the OP, knew why is this call the fool

looks like any other boy meets mecha shows, dropped
Well, since you won't be coming back, it's probably pointless to explain this to you... but it's because Oda Nobunaga in real life was known as "The Fool of Owari".

Perhaps it is cliche, but there's way more than just that going on... so I don't see why you're generalizing it as only that.
Jan 14, 2014 5:30 AM

Aug 2008
Perverse Loli?

I approve.
Jan 14, 2014 5:34 AM

Apr 2007
HalibelTheEspada said:
ibrahim2712 said:
Akanezora said:

Well, it looks like King Arthur might be there leader, so it fits. As for other anime, I think it's simply because a lot of authors like to reference well-known things.

Also, I'm not sure if anyone said this yet, but I have a feeling that everyone from the "West Star" will be European leaders/famous figures (i.e Julius Caesar, Alexander the Great, etc.) and the East will be Asian peoples.

I would so love for this anime to include Asian figures outside of Japan, but it's probably not going to happen. Ever since Magellan appeared in the first episode I've thought, 'hey, wouldn't it be cool if Lapulapu made an appearance?' I doubt it though. :(
Jan 14, 2014 7:07 AM

Mar 2008
ona said:
HalibelTheEspada said:

I would so love for this anime to include Asian figures outside of Japan, but it's probably not going to happen. Ever since Magellan appeared in the first episode I've thought, 'hey, wouldn't it be cool if Lapulapu made an appearance?' I doubt it though. :(

Don't forget that there was a 'General Gupta' at the round-table.

I sympathise with the gripes about Joan's character, but let's hope for the best.
Jan 14, 2014 9:12 AM

Oct 2013
I see they performed the "sunovabitch" 2.0,abusing that voice actor they are :D
Jan 14, 2014 9:28 AM

Sep 2012
Amazing ED! I loved this song
And what was that with his sister? Maybe we will have some incest in the next few episodes.
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Jan 14, 2014 1:28 PM

Apr 2013
so ichihime is very loosly based on oichi.

it is so stupid that i love it.

THE FOOL
Jan 14, 2014 3:29 PM

Mar 2012
parfaited said:

I think Sugita-san might have something to do with it :)
Jan 14, 2014 4:28 PM

Oct 2013
Gr33ncar said:
awesome ed

Amen
Jan 14, 2014 8:25 PM

Oct 2011
I love Op and Ed song!!!
Jan 14, 2014 11:54 PM
May 2013
Nothing impressive yet .
Jeanne makes this watchable .
Jan 15, 2014 12:16 AM

Nov 2013
This week's episode was a bit more entertaining than last week, so that's always a good thing. I really liked the triangle background in the sky @ 10:40 - 10:50 and 11:08.

I hope Nobunaga isn't portrayed as a dull main character in the future like he was this week. Actually, all of the characters portrayed so far come off as bland to me, except for Da Vinci. I felt I was starting to like Nobu a little bit though when it showed him with his family at the end.

My main problem with this anime so far is how badly the mecha are animated. Seriously, if you compare them with the ones in the Code Geass Akito movies, the Geass mecha are far better looking and aren't even on a comparable level to what's been shown so far in Nobunaga.
Jan 15, 2014 12:22 AM

Mar 2008
yadayada said:
My main problem with this anime so far is how badly the mecha are animated. Seriously, if you compare them with the ones in the Code Geass Akito movies, the Geass mecha are far better looking and aren't even on a comparable level to what's been shown so far in Nobunaga.
Comparing ova animation to a tv series, ok... fair enough.
Imo the Akito designs were messy and unpleasant. Given, the Fullu does looks pretty bland, but the grunts have been delicious. Of course, opinions though.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2014

98 by Vindicater »»
Jul 16, 2023 5:00 AM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2014

76 by Dobko »»
Aug 25, 2022 3:53 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

79 by Dobko »»
Aug 24, 2022 4:37 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2014

105 by Dobko »»
Aug 24, 2022 4:10 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2014

142 by Scootboi »»
Aug 13, 2022 3:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.