Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 26, 2014 8:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, Nobunaga found himself a new admirer. I'm still not sure about this whole marriage ordeal though.

Dat near kiss. That was a close one. The festival looks fun I guess. A wedding? Oh snap.
Jan 26, 2014 8:31 AM

Nov 2007
Himiko knew Jeanne is female (Did Ichihime know as well since her breast was accidentally shown a bit there?). Wow, displaying West technology lol @ Nobunaga's wedding outfit.
tsubasaloverJan 26, 2014 8:34 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 26, 2014 1:32 PM

Jun 2013
Slowly becoming my favorite anime ever!
Jan 26, 2014 1:44 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Why am I not surprised that Kawamori would make a ceremony like this one? LOL. And was Nobunaga about to kiss Jean? Or did things just look that way?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 26, 2014 1:59 PM

Jan 2013
The reversed magician could mean either Nobunaga or Mitsuhide but at this point, I'm inclined to believe it's the latter since Nobu is probably the fool.

The wedding ceremony was comedy gold. What even was Himiko wearing on her head.
Jan 26, 2014 2:06 PM

Nov 2011
cant get enough of that ending
Hate Keeps me warm
Jan 26, 2014 2:18 PM

Jul 2012
OH MAN, WHAT A WAY TO CUT CAKE.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jan 26, 2014 2:24 PM

Dec 2008
My god, that was a gawdy ceremony!!

She thinks her betrothed is a raging beast? Can her little, prebuscent body even handing a raging beast? Good thing it's just a betrothal ceremony, or else the raging beast may end up killing her on her wedding night.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jan 26, 2014 2:30 PM
Jul 2018
Himiko figured out that Jeanne was a female.

That's Nobunaga's wedding outfit.
Jan 26, 2014 2:37 PM

Sep 2008
One of animes where I don't skip op and ed *.*

But episode was stupid,
this whole wedding was so stupid, that I just can't... -.-
And Nobunaga's outfit and this hair... -.-
Please, stop I can't look...

Only good part was with Ichihime!
Her behavior, appearance + Chihara Minori voice~
Just love it!

But I want more mecha fight and action! *.*

Marzan said:
Why am I not surprised that Kawamori would make a ceremony like this one? LOL. And was Nobunaga about to kiss Jean? Or did things just look that way?

Just look that way = shipping fanservice.

I don't understand why Jeanne had to shout at night,
that the whole castle had to hear
what she thinks about Nobunaga? -.-
LittleStarJan 26, 2014 2:44 PM
Jan 26, 2014 2:45 PM
Apr 2013
You know how every episode a character picks a tarot card?
I think they don't represent Nobunaga at all, but the character that picks the card. That would make much more sense to me.
Jan 26, 2014 3:03 PM
Mar 2012
That was a great betrothal ceremony
Jan 26, 2014 3:23 PM

Jul 2012
This show is hella weird, but that's cool. Love the dubstep ED!

Neuroth said:
I think they don't represent Nobunaga at all, but the character that picks the card. That would make much more sense to me.

I agree.
Jan 26, 2014 3:48 PM

Jul 2012
So they finally got married in this episode awesome.

That cut though, he was bending air to cut that HUGE cake.

Great episode!!!
Jan 26, 2014 4:03 PM

May 2013
Awesome episode :D
Gotta congratulate Nobu on getting married xD
Jan 26, 2014 4:19 PM
Dec 2012
I really liked the last episode, but this episode fell a little flat for me.
I'm annoyed by the fact that pretty much everyone knows already that Jeanne is a girl; I was hoping that reveal wouldn't be a while. Also, this is purely my own opinion, but Himiko was nothing but annoying to me in this episode. I really hope her character becomes more interesting, because I had some high hopes after the last ep. I'm hoping that she's not going to end up as just some silly lovestruck Nobu groupie.I know the betrothal ceremony was supposed to be played for laughs, but I couldn't help but groan at how ridiculous it was. Maybe that was the point. I don't know. Please don't bash me about not liking the ceremony or Himiko. I know some people really liked both.
On the other hand. Mitsuhide is becoming a very interesting character, and Jeanne's characters seems to be headed in a good direction. I'm looking forward to seeing how she'll hand real combat later on. I really like the tarot cards; they can be interpreted in so many ways, by both the characters and the audience. Ichihime and Nobukatsu also have some potential to be a highly fascinating characters, and I'm hoping they'll function as a sort of bridge between some of the characters and Nobunaga. I'd really like for "The Lovers" to be explained at some point. We have some 20 episodes to go, so I feel like it'll be explained in there somehow. Maybe I should read up on Japanese history.
I still love the OP and the ED and can't wait for the full versions.
Jan 26, 2014 4:24 PM

May 2013
That is one huge cake. Nobunaga carrying Himiko and swinging her around like a baby lol.
Jan 26, 2014 4:36 PM

May 2012
6/10
Dat giant cake.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jan 26, 2014 4:47 PM

Jun 2012
Is this how Westerners sneak into each other's rooms to get some?
Never change Nobunaga
Jan 26, 2014 5:26 PM

Nov 2013
Looks like Nobunaga got a little brat for a wife. Good for him lol
Characters are becoming more and more interesting, also I like the tarot cards so far. 4/5
Jan 26, 2014 6:13 PM

Apr 2009
Mitsuhide's betrayal is at hand.. never thought he'd be the reversed Magician.. i don't think it's Nobunaga as he is the Fool..

anyway, dat Ichihime mini concert..
we MACROSS now!!
Jan 26, 2014 6:17 PM

Aug 2013
And that is how you do a proper engagement party. Wait isn't cake cutting a wedding thing? I'm confused XD!

For some reason, I have this uncomfortable heavy feeling while watching this. It just has so many elements I feel like I'm getting crushed.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 26, 2014 6:32 PM

Apr 2009
Neuroth said:
you know, this would kinda make sense but it's only the first time another character drew a card and Jeanne already drew 3 cards:
The Star -> refers to Jeanne, of course
The Lovers -> can be referred to Jeanne, but there are so many relationships that it may refer to anyone among Jeanne x> Nobu x Ichi <x Mitsuhide, during that episode..
The Chariot (reversed) -> hard to say if it can be related to Jeanne as this seems to refer to Nobunaga.. but who knows what plot twist we may have for Jeanne's future? this is Kawamori after all..

Nobunaga may obviously be the Fool, and he may not need to draw a card after all.. but since there are 24 episodes and only 22 major arcana cards, The Fool is bound to appear, though i'm really left to wonder what are the titles for 2 episodes..
Jan 26, 2014 7:07 PM
Oct 2012
iamnotaprodigy said:
I'm annoyed by the fact that pretty much everyone knows already that Jeanne is a girl; I was hoping that reveal wouldn't be a while.

Funny, I liked that this happened. It was so obvious that Ranmaru was a girl that to pretend otherwise would have made the characters, and by extension the viewers, idiots.

iamnotaprodigy said:
Also, this is purely my own opinion, but Himiko was nothing but annoying to me in this episode. I really hope her character becomes more interesting, because I had some high hopes after the last ep. I'm hoping that she's not going to end up as just some silly lovestruck Nobu groupie.

This is also something I disagree with. I liked that Himiko is infatuated with Nobunaga because of something that happened as a child. I think the "as expected, you're a beast" will have very interesting ramifications in the future. Far from being merely a "nobu groupie", she actually added to the cake cutting, so we know there is something far more there in terms of power. As for Jeanne, I think Himiko will be satisfied that she is the first wife, not minding that her "beast" plows other fields.

Overall nice episode, this show hasn't disappointed yet. From the foreshadowing that Hideyoshi's time has not come yet (not being able to draw a card), to the potential confusion as to who "the Magician" applied to really makes me interested in finding out what happens next. That the next episode is "the tower" shows that the writer knows what he is doing, it is the right card after Magician. I like that the writer has a strong grasp on the elements that make this show.

We also have Jeanne being forced to confront her past. As I predicted last week, we are still a couple of episodes away from her true power coming forth, but this episode moved her in this direction, so I am confident that she will continue to improve as a character. And I really look forward when this happens, particularly how Himiko and Ichihime react.

I said this a couple of weeks ago, but this show is really better than by any rights it should be. Each episode has provided further proof of this. I really want to see what happens next.
Jan 26, 2014 7:56 PM

Jul 2012
HybridMBL said:
Is this how Westerners sneak into each other's rooms to get some?
Never change Nobunaga

^
Jan 26, 2014 8:38 PM

Jul 2010
Having a feeling Nobunaga isn't into Lolis
I ship Jean x Nobunaga
Jan 26, 2014 9:12 PM

Apr 2011
dat nobunaga outfit and haircut

hahaha
Jan 26, 2014 9:30 PM

Aug 2012
That's one heck of a wedding. And I wonder if Mitsuhide will follow the flow of fate in this anime...
Jan 26, 2014 9:31 PM

Feb 2012
That giant cake is a lie, it looks like a hologram or something.
Jan 26, 2014 9:33 PM

Mar 2013
The attack of the lolis - no boob man is safe.

I have to admit, this was the best ep so far, but this anime's still pretty bad overall. I was really optimistic about it too, sigh. I dunno if I'm gonna last the full 24 eps, unless it's going to just keep on steadily improving after a bad start.
Jan 26, 2014 9:45 PM

Jul 2013
argilium said:
Mitsuhide's betrayal is at hand.. never thought he'd be the reversed Magician.. i don't think it's Nobunaga as he is the Fool..
I was alarmed by that too but they fucked up history.. look at Jeanne d' Arc... I just hope that won't happen
Jan 26, 2014 11:03 PM

Apr 2012
i like this Nobunaga, other anime have him as bad guy or a girl...
Jan 26, 2014 11:21 PM

Nov 2012
for real this anime has the best ending of the season and is too much underrated,it became one of my favorite from the season,something that caught my eyes is that them are not making it at too much fast or too slow,them are making good use of time on this one,them could do what them are doing in 12 episodes but them choosed to make a well made anime with 24 episodes than a fast and meh anime with 12 episodes
Jan 26, 2014 11:29 PM

Mar 2013
Nobu wore that during the ceremony? This is why he's called The Fool for a reason XD
This episode was boring and I expected something different. Hopefully things get more interesting next ep...
Jan 27, 2014 2:28 AM

Mar 2013
whether this will be a Harem?
and the wedding was pretty good.
Jan 27, 2014 3:35 AM

Oct 2013
iamnotaprodigy said:
I really liked the last episode, but this episode fell a little flat for me.

Sorafyy said:
Nobu wore that during the ceremony? This is why he's called The Fool for a reason XD
This episode was boring and I expected something different. Hopefully things get more interesting next ep...

same here, a bit bland and boring for me, too.
Jan 27, 2014 4:43 AM
Mar 2010
That little brat is annoying. It doesn't help that she's voiced by Toyama Nao, whose voice I usually can't stand.

But Nobu is awesome as usual and as Da Vinci said, go with the flow.

I ship Jeanne x Nobu.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jan 27, 2014 7:21 AM

Aug 2010
Nice to see it's 2 cour ^^

Good ep. Seems like the main players know Jeanne is a girl. They didn't mind at all though XD

Nobu saying "Is this how Westerners sneak into each other's rooms to get some?" was lol hahaha. That almost kiss!

Himiko checking Jeanne's boobs was lol hahaha. Loving her VA. She's pretty cute.

I expected more jelly from the other girls to HimikoxNobu but seems not?

The Betrothal ceremony was lol. The wedding dress and Nobu's traditional gangster outfit was fun. Himiko wanting a kiss but getting carried in place was cute <3

Nice cut there. Didn't get what happened to their stomachs though ^^;
Jan 27, 2014 10:12 AM

Aug 2010
RosyXkid said:
Having a feeling Nobunaga isn't into Lolis

He isn't called "the Fool" for no reason ;)
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jan 27, 2014 11:31 AM
Jan 2013
Nobunaga to wed Yamatai? Man, does it make Nobunaga a lolicon.
Jan 27, 2014 2:33 PM

Oct 2011
Lol @ Wedding/betrothal. EPIC slicing dat cake.

Mitsuhide is the magician?
Jan 27, 2014 2:45 PM

Jul 2009
They turned a betrothal ceremony into a full-fledged show with viewing fee.

And the traditional cutting of the hologram wedding cake with their spirit strength.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Jan 27, 2014 5:10 PM
Jul 2013
An engagement ceremony was a nice touch to the series.

The Fool: http://i41.tinypic.com/n3w20o.jpg
Jan 27, 2014 7:15 PM

Jul 2009
Am I the only one who finds Jeanne annoying? I don't like her -.-
Jan 27, 2014 7:33 PM

Sep 2013
So 2 people already know Jeanne's secret, that's what she gets for trying to hide that rack ;)

A wedding dress, but wtf was Nobunaga wearing XD

After he 'cut the cake' why did Monkey, Jeanne, and his brother all clutch their chests? Are they other future regalia holders?
Jan 28, 2014 12:57 AM

Dec 2013
This episode was kinda boring in most parts. After the last episode i felt like this anime will be very good but now I'm not so sure. the anime in general introduced so many elements and i have a bad feeling that tells me that those elements will be irrelevant and will confuse us the viewers. Still don't know where the anime is going with the story and the characters but I'll stick with it for now and hoping for the best to come.
Jan 28, 2014 1:06 AM

Jun 2013
mayukachan said:

Neuroth said:

I agree.

We should ask Sir Troll da Vinci.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Jan 28, 2014 1:25 AM

Mar 2013
Pretty meh episode
Jan 28, 2014 4:29 AM

Aug 2010
was I the only one who thought "Utage-chan takai takai" when the fool spun his loli-waifu-to-be around like that? XD
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jan 28, 2014 7:46 AM
Jul 2011
NOW WAIT JUST A GOSH DARN TOOTIN' MINUTE

Who was piloting The Fool during that ceremony? How did that even happen? Is that a plot hole or was it intentional?

Anyway, lame episode, everything up to this point has been fun, this one started by trying serious and failing and then that lame, corny scene at the end, eh.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2014

98 by Vindicater »»
Jul 16, 2023 5:00 AM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2014

76 by Dobko »»
Aug 25, 2022 3:53 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2014

105 by Dobko »»
Aug 24, 2022 4:10 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2014

133 by Dobko »»
Aug 23, 2022 5:55 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2014

142 by Scootboi »»
Aug 13, 2022 3:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.