Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 28, 2008 5:27 AM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
HaroutJan 1, 2009 2:37 PM
Dec 30, 2008 6:59 AM

Apr 2008
GTFO
Jan 5, 2009 7:05 PM
Apr 2007
Man, another great major series comes to a end. cant wait for the 5th season!
Jan 5, 2009 9:44 PM
Aug 2007
Lachy said:
GTFO

wow ur a douche, This ep is out and subbed. the fact u came here and read this spoiler (since it was in spoiler tags) just means you're a retard. the fact you yell n tell him to gtfo means your a douche.

Sick ep :) cant wait till later this month when 5th season is released :)
Jan 5, 2009 11:42 PM

Mar 2008
Decent, albeit quite predictible, conclusion.
Jan 6, 2009 4:03 PM

Apr 2008
It's a shame Gibson Jr's character page spoiled this for me but we all knew something like this was going to happen. It was a good ending and I actually liked season 4, it kind of annoyed me how Goro was the one that hit the game winning home run but oh well, he's the main character after all.
Jan 6, 2009 11:16 PM

Jul 2008
A good conclusion to another season of major, he had lost last season so it was good to see him get the win this time around.
Jan 7, 2009 4:50 AM

Oct 2008
Nice Season!

Next season will be...

SWEET!

I hate Chihiro subs... nuff said
Jan 10, 2009 3:48 PM
Jul 2008
Loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can´t wait the next season =)
May 22, 2009 8:55 PM

Apr 2008
It was a predictable ending, nevertheless I still loved it. Major has been and always will be the number one anime I've ever watched.
Aug 29, 2009 8:13 PM

Apr 2008
I didn't like this season 7/10.
Mar 22, 2010 5:13 PM

Apr 2007
These last 3 episodes have been so good and exciting~~ If the rest of this season was filled with such great episodes I would rate it higher than a 6, but sadly that's not true. This was only slightly better than the 3rd season, which is the worst so far imo.

I also love the new rivalry between Goro and Gibson Jr., who I now like, and hope to see another interesting match up in the future :D
MonochromeApr 3, 2010 5:30 PM
May 17, 2010 2:49 PM

Sep 2008
I liked this season quite a bit... because it lacked a ton of Toshi. It's fun to see all the characters grow up too. Th last battle was also very exciting, I had no idea how it would end, but with Tom, I figured the Bats would win.

All I want to see now is Gibson Jr. and Goro take Gibson down together.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2012 12:22 AM
Apr 2011
I liked this season ((: Able to see Goro's growth and not having to see Toshi's ass personality. Good to finally see Goro's team win a championship, which hasn't happened before. It has always been them winning the strongest team mid-way through the tournament then losing the rest due to Goro not being able to play/left.

Can't wait to see how he does in the majors now that he's gotten stronger, and how far he can go compared to the first time he played. Anywho it's still gonna be awhile till he can face off with Gibson cause isn't he like an all-star major player?

Looking forward to seeing Goro increase his speed again and be able to master and control his 100 miles speed ball. (:
devilzzyJan 25, 2012 12:27 AM
Jun 1, 2012 11:46 PM

Sep 2011
I liked this season though it wasn't the best. I'm glad Goro's team won this season considering they never do. 9/10
Oct 13, 2012 2:19 PM

Jan 2012
good shit... don't care much about anyone else but goro though.. =/

goro's the fucking man
Aug 1, 2013 1:43 AM

Jul 2008
Definitely not my favorite season, but still glad that Goro took Gibson down. Wasn't expecting a broken bat out though.
Dec 9, 2013 11:31 AM

Apr 2011
It was a clever way to make the bat brake at the end

it's a way for the author to say "did Goro really win this duel?" because from the look of it, Junior did hit it.
Dec 11, 2013 12:25 AM

Aug 2009
Awesome season! loved it! :) the only thing I would complain about is those full episodes dedicated to Toshi and crew. I mean I would like to see what they are up to every once in a while but a whole episode? naw.

I liked this season the most out of all the seasons really. We got some character development in many places here, as well as intense games. Bravo. although there were some setbacks they were dealt with near the end. On to season 5!

Dec 24, 2013 4:59 PM

Jul 2012
Good season. My second favourite season of Major out of the ones I've seen so far. Will leave it as a 9/10 unless Season 5 completely tops this one. Really liked the matches and the change of pace. This was the funniest season as well as the most well rounded and most interesting. Still a bit frustrating (like every other season) but not as much.
MayukaDec 24, 2013 5:03 PM
Jan 18, 2014 11:13 PM

May 2012
I'm glad they won the championship. And so far, this is the best season for me. Now on to the next season!!!
Apr 4, 2014 12:53 AM

Dec 2012
It was refreshing to finally see Goro's team win a championship! That duel between Gibson and Goro was intense and the bat breaking conclusion was awesome. Hoping to see Goro make his way into the Majors next season of Major.

Another enjoyable season that was able to capture the heart of this series while providing a fresh new angle into the sport via American baseball. I like the rivalry between Goro and Gibson Jr and wonder how that's going to carry on and possibly even collide with Toshiya and Mayamura in the future. It was also nice to see Goro's feelings about Gibson Sr come into full circle. Also liked seeing the contrast between how Goro's father was watching over him in the game against Kaido last season vs Gibson watching a potential challenger this one.

8/10, wanted to wait before starting season 5 but I can't hold back!
Sep 20, 2014 4:36 AM

Sep 2013
Too many fillers this season and there wasnt that many proper games. 7/10
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Sep 27, 2014 2:50 PM

Apr 2013
Epic ending to a fun season. I loved seeing Goro in America and that part certainly didn't disappoint. The single episodes involving other characters were not as well done in my opinion although I did enjoy some of them (basically Shimizu's). The characters just don't seem as fun without Goro around to cause chaos everywhere. Anyway, I'm ready and pumped to start season 5 with Goro returning to Japan at least for a bit and hopefully hooking up with Shimizu.
Sep 27, 2014 2:53 PM

Jul 2012
AsianKungFu said:

What fillers? o_O
Nov 2, 2014 2:02 PM

Jan 2013
Great season, better than the 3rd season in my opinion, that was worth 8/10
9/10 for sure.
Jan 5, 2015 1:32 AM

Nov 2009
This season was okay, I really liked the beginning and the ending but the middle wasn't so strong for me. Hard to explain why either, kind of just the flow of things I guess. Anyways, I am looking forward to the next season, although while I hate to say it, I kind of preferred the atmosphere when he was in Japan . . . Kind of miss his parents and friends.
Mar 7, 2015 5:01 PM

Jul 2012
Apr 17, 2015 7:22 AM

Aug 2013
Well, it wasn't predictable from my point of view and it ended very nice. I get my hopes up for the next season as well.
P.S. Alice in not the main character in this season at all.
Pirating_Ninja said:
This season was okay, I really liked the beginning and the ending but the middle wasn't so strong for me.

I feel the same. :) Most of the episodes in the middle felt like they were fillers, focusing on the useless characters... Plus, I almost thought all American players were boring. Maybe it was because we only saw a small amount of Major League time which was clearly the most interesting part in this season.
Jul 3, 2015 2:25 PM

Aug 2013
Ah, that ending was awesome. That new rivalty is awesome. I would like to see a Goro and Toshi battery versus Jr : the ultimate face-off! :D

Anyway, that season was fun, even though it had its load of boring episode. It was really inconsistent (a bit like season 3), but the hyped game were really great, especially the three last face-off between Goro and Jr.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 25, 2015 6:41 AM

Jun 2009
S4 > S2 > S1 > S3.

Goro actually got character development this season, he is no longer a 1-dimensional archetypial shounen halfwit. Perhaps, he is 1-and-a-half-dimensions now.

I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy next seasons. I hope I am not let down.

mayukachan said:
AsianKungFu said:

What fillers? o_O

Fillers = anything other than scenes with goro. Is what I've learned from these threads of the past couple of days.
Aug 9, 2015 12:47 AM

Jan 2013
The best ending to the season one could hope for. The last 6 episodes ended on a high point.
9.25/10 for this season.

The confession scene better happen next season, I've waited long enough.
Oct 15, 2015 10:59 AM

Sep 2010
Wow the finale was amazing as the whole season. The baseball was finally realistic, even that last scene, after so many Goro's hits I believe that a bat can break.

While the scenes in Japan were slightly putting the story out of order, they were all great as well, and the ending of the season was focused on the main story, just great.

At the end.

Season 5 looks even more promising :)
Nov 15, 2015 8:12 PM

Nov 2015
My favorite season so far.
ShikiNov 15, 2015 8:21 PM
Jan 30, 2016 7:21 PM

Jan 2013
Least favorite season so far, but the end was satisfying so bumping up score to 9/10.

If junior used a metal bat, would he have won? :x..

their quarrel at the end though <3
Mar 1, 2016 7:39 PM
Jan 2016
Wow.. When I was watching S2 I really though this could be best sports anime I've seen, but after horrible S4 this show doesn't have chance against Cross Game.

This season lacked so much in romance and NONE of the games this season had any build-up. I'm really hoping next season will be better..

6/10

Also I don't think this whole Major thing is good because they have shit tons of games in season and can only fit like 3 games in season.. Tournaments are better for anime and this season proves it.
Apr 27, 2016 3:30 PM

Feb 2013
That was a great way to end the game, they both gave it all.
Next year in the Majors is going to be another story, both are going to fight against Gibson and other great players.
Aug 20, 2016 3:43 PM

Feb 2010
Enjoyable but underwhelming Majors season

Feb 18, 2017 5:39 AM

Jul 2015
A great season but S3 is still better than this season. I think it's because there is something lacked and the transitions from America to Japan in some episodes.

But I like the rivalry between Goro and Gibson.Jr. Sato can't be compared to that man. And next time they will fight Joe Gibson for sure.

Another enjoyable season. A solid 9/10 from me.
Mar 16, 2017 4:43 PM
Jul 2010
A really underwhelming season. Started off well the first episodes but lacked almost everything later on. Shitty animation, good old soundtracks were replaced with boring soundtracks that had no impact imo. Nothing exciting at all were found in this season. Not even a single game. I find it hilarious how people are complaining about this season, yet giving it a 8 or 9 out ot 10.

I miss the old (especially first season) Major.. This season felt like a totally different show if you ask me.

This season was a huge letdown and gets a 5/10 from me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2017 3:42 AM

Nov 2011
I think the way Gibson Jr.'s relationship with Gorou appears to both parallel and directly contrast with Toshiya's relationship with Gorou to be the most interesting thing to come out of this season, and to be honest if it had been developed more consistently I'd probably regard this as well as I do the second season. Both came to know (of) Gorou at a young age, with Toshiya starting out liking Gorou a lot and Gibson Jr. starting out hating Gorou. Over time Toshiya has become more aloof to Gorou and less invested in baseball itself, whereas over time Gibson Jr. has started to like Gorou more and become more invested in baseball.

It's really interesting how Toshiya are essentially total opposites, and it all has to do with why they play the game and the closeness of their friendship with Gorou. I could actually imagine Gorou and Gibson Jr. being the best of friends by the end of all this.

Although I wasn't particularly impressed by this season, it was quite cozy overall, and the good parts were very fun. Further, I have a feeling the final seasons are going to be a real treat when all of these well fleshed out characters are leveraged into a more compact narrative.

Looking forward to it.
Jan 19, 2018 2:14 PM

Nov 2016
I have really trouble rating this season,cause it was pretty much an up and down. Starting off pretty well it got lackluster during the middle quite fast,luckily it redeemed itself with the last episodes.

Stuck between a 7 and an 8,but since the ending left me so satisfied I'm going to be generous with an 8, depending on the last two seasons I might change it,tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 18, 2018 7:09 PM
Jan 2016
6.5-7

The least season for me, seems the adaption of the manga is rushed as hell in this season.
May 25, 2018 1:57 PM

Jul 2016
So ends the journey that was Major season 4.. I loved this season! Probably my favorite season of the series so far. 9/10.
Dec 12, 2019 3:11 PM

Aug 2008
Liked this season the most since the original S1, not saying much but I almost got this to a 7/10. Gorou wasn't as much of an arrogant jerkwad and the show didn't use the standard "fighting through an injury" trope (as much at any rate). Much as I want to see the supporting cast get some screen time, the occasional cutaways to a few people back in Japan just felt like a distraction since they had no bearing whatsoever on what the MC was doing so felt like wasted time. Also, Alice in considered a "main" character this season? She did squat and didn't have much time anyway, Gibson Jr is closer to a main imo.

Also wouldn't mind having some resolution to Joe Gibson Jr and his father. What happened to that anger Jr felt that his father is responsible for the death of his mother and sister? No follow through? Okay...
Dec 27, 2019 7:49 AM

Jun 2012
This season did have a few issues but overall a big improvement from the last season. Looks like Goro finally found himself a worthy rival; im looking forward to more fights with Gibson jr.
Mar 28, 2020 3:25 PM

Apr 2016
This series is the weakest after the second part of the first season, to be honest. However, there was one of the characters I liked the most in the series: Sanders. It’s time for the fifth season.
Aug 5, 2020 10:13 AM

Dec 2007
great finale, though it was like a rerun of the 3rd season finale it continued to be awesome and unexpected, i truly thought for a second that gibson jr. going to hit a homerun.
too bad though goro has to be goro and didn't made gibson jr. to apologise for his father, i really looked up to it, but i liked though how they ended as rivals than hatred rival, i still don't like gibson jr. though.

as for the season, i really think it could have been better if they wouldn't mix up side-stories every couple of episodes and concentrate more on goro through all season as usual, not only that some of the games fast-forward too much, not to say i would love some of the characters to shine more, i guess we will see them more in S6, only the last episodes and the firsts made this season shine.
7/10
Oct 19, 2021 4:07 AM

Jul 2015
Great start and end as we see Goro's overpoweredness toned down from s3 which was just way too unrealistic and him having to train to reach Major League level. However the middle part was lackluster with all these sidestories but not much progression. Overall good season with a more comedic tone to it which is a plus since its well-done but not much better than the first two.

Jul 23, 2022 3:55 AM

Jan 2020
While I appreciated that they toned down Goro being so stupidly OP and getting character development, it was too rushed imo (even for Major) and the switching between Japan and America didn’t help matters also. The drama is also as melodramatic as usual. I would’ve rather NHK and ShoPro had instead have the parts in Japan made into its own separate anime, so both storylines could be more fully developed. And while the art and animation seemed relatively on par with Hibari’s adaptation, the stadium crowds had to be the most lazily and sloppiest thing I’ve ever seen lol. SynergySP just really can’t do stadium crowds for shit lmao. I’m not really sure why the stadium crowds were done in CG, as Studio Easter who was contracted to handle the backgrounds, also handled them for the past seasons as well and they weren’t done in CG. Maybe which I’m assuming is the case was due to production issues? Then again, while looking through an archive of their website from 2008-2009ish there is a message from Ryousuke Sakurai (animation producer at SynergySP) stating that studio will aim to produce hybrid 2D & 3D animations. But I’m assuming it’s the former, as I’m pretty sure he was referring to Kirarin Revolution Stage 3 and Gokujou!! Mecha Mote Iinchou. Hopefully season 5 will resolve these issues.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Major S4 Episode 18 Discussion

Harout - Nov 10, 2008

27 by QuestIonMark_ »»
Aug 8, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Major S4 Episode 8 Discussion

Faust721 - Apr 3, 2008

33 by Meranwise »»
Oct 27, 2022 6:31 AM

Poll: » Major S4 Episode 3 Discussion

Awakened - Jan 20, 2008

32 by CLADDAN »»
Sep 16, 2022 4:33 PM

Poll: » Major S4 Episode 2 Discussion

lowell - Jan 21, 2008

34 by ims-tokyo »»
Jul 18, 2022 2:55 AM

Poll: » Major S4 Episode 1 Discussion

lowell - Jan 14, 2008

47 by ims-tokyo »»
Jul 18, 2022 2:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.