Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 31, 2013 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, Aika looks fine in those clothes this episode imo. Good to see Junichirou being a boss also. I'm not sure if this episode was as good as it should of been but watching Hakaze and Yoshino walk down those stairs with that kid was cute.

Also, I had to face palm myself when watching Hakaze with her thoughts. Fucking priceless XD

Shit got real though, go Hakaze :3
Jan 31, 2013 10:54 AM
Sep 2012
I liked this chapter. It has very interesting scenes.

Almost the entire chapter was added to the anime (except for the first memory with Aika).
Jan 31, 2013 12:34 PM

Jun 2012
I still don't think Yoshino is the Mage of Exodus as the show is trying to make us believe, I just can't. There's still the unknown factor of Aika in all of this, I don't know how she plays into this but unless we learn more about her I don't know. Everything that has happened so far can be traced back to her death.

Since the episode took the time of setting in stone for the fact that she's fallen hard for Yoshino, something big must be happening in regards to that down the pike. I seriously can't handle Miyuki Sawashiro in dere mode.... her inner thoughts throughout the episode I couldn't help but love. I hope though this current conflict doesn't get drawn out for the rest of the series though, this show is smarter than that.

And yes Hakaze, Blast of Tempest has turned into a love comedy X D

HybridMBLJan 31, 2013 1:13 PM
Jan 31, 2013 12:50 PM

Oct 2012
Hybridbloodszak said:
I still don't think Yoshino is the Mage of Exodus as the show is trying to make us believe, I just can't. There's still the unknown factor of Aika in all of this, I don't know how she plays into this but unless we learn more about her I don't know. Everything that has happened so far can be traced back to her death.

Since the episode took the time of setting in stone for the fact that she's fallen hard for Yoshino, something big must be happening in regards to that down the pike. I seriously can't handle Miyuki Sawashiro in dere mode.... her inner thoughts throughout the episode I couldn't help but love. I hope though this current conflict doesn't get drawn out for the rest of the series though, this show is smarter than that.

And yes Hakaze, Blast of Tempest has turned into a love comedy X D
Hmm, you know, that makes sense. Aika has basically been the driving force for all of yoshino's actions till now. Those words that yoshino acted upon has caused people to suspect that yoshino is the magician of exodus, but really, I feel that it is aika that is manipulating everything, even after her death, by using yoshino to control the situation. It was her death that basically caused all this chaos, and her words are what makes yoshino conveniently move the story along. If anything, it seems aika is controlling everything in her hands. I wouldn't be surprised if aika turned out to be the magician of exodus. There's just too much suspicion I have for her. But man, shit got real is episode.
AnimeHAwk616Jan 31, 2013 1:02 PM
Jan 31, 2013 1:02 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty good ep. The atmosphere of first part is back again. Aika is still as mysterious and ambiguous as ever, and so are hints about possibility of two different endings, Hamlet and Tempest. I was kinda hoping that Yoshino would have a glimpse/flashback of Aika when the building came crumbling.
Jan 31, 2013 1:40 PM

Jan 2010
It's getting really hard to be able to tell whether I like Aika or Hakaze better. Aika is calm and mysterious and Hakaze is strong and adorable. I really, really like them both.

Also, I'm glad that this show has so many Shakespeare aspects to it- it makes everything better imo. Every time a quote from Hamlet or The Tempest is repeated by one of the main characters, I love this show a little bit more. I'm hoping for an ending like The Tempest, but knowing the show, I feel like that won't be the case...

I feel like we barely know anything about Yoshino, though. I love him, but he's never saying what he's thinking and I feel like Aika is right: he's frightening in his own way. I don't think he's the Mage of Exodus but I can't help but feel as if he knows something. I can't put my finger on it, but there has to be something more to him.

Oh and what's up with the publicity stunts and the hideous get-up? I'm not understanding the point of being so flashy.

P.S.- Okay, so if the current Mage of Exodus ISN'T the actual Mage of Exodus, then what the hell is he?
deadaccount0000Jan 31, 2013 1:45 PM
Jan 31, 2013 1:47 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Hm was the second half of this episode in the manga? Either they skipped chapter 24, or they just decided to make something up that wasn't even the manga. I don't really understand (yet) why they would do that, considering chapter 24 was REALLY interesting. We get to see a different side to Yoshino for once, but I won't go into details because I think they'll probably animate it sooner or later. Hopefully. This was an okay episode, mostly because I was expecting the anime to be going along with the manga, but oh well. It was still interesting I guess.
Jan 31, 2013 1:50 PM

Nov 2012
So I guess the anime will take a different direction fron the manga. Don't remember reading most of this in the manga.
Jan 31, 2013 1:55 PM

Jul 2008
P.S.- Okay, so if the current Mage of Exodus ISN'T the actual Mage of Exodus, then what the hell is he?

The Anime didn't explain it well: they believe that one person inherited powers of the Tempest while another one inherited the personality and will of the Tempest (a theory they came up with for few reasons, one being because they probably find it hard to believe that Tree of Exodus would choose a complete wuss as his harbinger of doom).

So I guess the anime will take a different direction fron the manga. Don't remember reading most of this in the manga.

It is quite likely because it will end before the Manga and Anime that adapt monthly Manga usually don't wait for the Manga to continue on (as it would taek too long). Still, as long as it is in spirit of ZnT I won't complain and they seem to be doing a good job for now (on other hand, this is BONES... they suck as making endings...).
Jan 31, 2013 1:59 PM

Jan 2010
Nayrael said:

The Anime didn't explain it well: they believe that one person inherited powers of the Tempest while another one inherited the personality and will of the Tempest (a theory they came up with for few reasons, one being because they probably find it hard to believe that Tree of Exodus would choose a complete wuss as his harbinger of doom).

Wow, okay. That makes a lot more sense. Thank you!
Jan 31, 2013 1:59 PM

Sep 2011
Those Grannies and their maiden talk

HAHAHAHA

Good Episode.
Jan 31, 2013 2:00 PM
Nov 2012
Taken from the manga:
- The flashback with Aika and Yoshino
- Hanemura's public debut
- The conversation about Shakespeare between Natsumura and Mahiro
- The snake pattern that was in the shrine

The rest was anime-only.
flamingo-chanJan 31, 2013 2:06 PM
Jan 31, 2013 2:03 PM

Jan 2013
This episode pissed me off a little. I'm getting tired of all the secrets and speculations. I want some answers.

I love Hakaze and I thought this episode was great showing both her tough and sensitive sides. I know a lot of people love Aika but I am rooting for Hakaze. I feel like we only get to know Yoshino through flash backs and in connection with Aika. I would like him to start creating new memories and feelings with Hakaze.

If Yoshino is the Mage of Exodus and Hakaze the Mage of Genesis then maybe a love union between the two could create peace? The snakes on the stones looked like they represented something to do with exodus/ genesis. Maybe at one time they were one tree that split?
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Jan 31, 2013 2:22 PM

Sep 2012
One of my favourite episodes so far. Good stuff.
Jan 31, 2013 2:51 PM

Jan 2013
mora404 said:
This episode pissed me off a little. I'm getting tired of all the secrets and speculations. I want some answers.

I love Hakaze and I thought this episode was great showing both her tough and sensitive sides. I know a lot of people love Aika but I am rooting for Hakaze. I feel like we only get to know Yoshino through flash backs and in connection with Aika. I would like him to start creating new memories and feelings with Hakaze.

If Yoshino is the Mage of Exodus and Hakaze the Mage of Genesis then maybe a love union between the two could create peace? The snakes on the stones looked like they represented something to do with exodus/ genesis. Maybe at one time they were one tree that split?

Pretty much this whole post. I didn't much like this ep for all of the above, and he really needs to get over the dead chick...that is if she even is dead and not laughing like some Sith Lord from off in the woods.
Jan 31, 2013 2:56 PM

Jul 2012
Lots of speculations with no answers but that's what keeps things going. Even if Yoshino is the mage of exodus I wonder if he even knows that to begin with?
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jan 31, 2013 3:06 PM

Jan 2009
where is the battles and action gone? damn its getting boring with all the talks only
Jan 31, 2013 3:10 PM
Jul 2008
I can't laugh but this anime/manga is full of BS. When they were arguing about her death and making a deal, they did it for 3 episodes. Like they were making excuses of every turn and freely abusing the "logic" that surrounds them. I hear a broken record. Now they are afraid that he is the Mage of Exodus because he is very "influential" on the Princess. What happen to woman-power and their "excuse" this time is because she never felt love? And what happened if he chose to do what the ponytail boy wanted in the first place.
Jan 31, 2013 3:23 PM
Nov 2012
I don't know why people are surprised.
The official website, magazines and the PV for the second cour stated that this second half was going to be a romantic comedy with the fate of the world at stake.

We still have 8 episodes and next episode you're going to see the most romantic side of Aika with Yoshino, which is important for future episodes.
Jan 31, 2013 3:34 PM

Feb 2012
Nayrael said:

The anime didn't really explain it at all it just kind of hinted towards that fact although in this episode they clearly divided the two as "power" and "heart"
Jan 31, 2013 3:42 PM

Jan 2013
flamingo-chan said:
I don't know why people are surprised.
The official website, magazines and the PV for the second cour stated that this second half was going to be a romantic comedy with the fate of the world at stake.

We still have 8 episodes and next episode you're going to see the most romantic side of Aika with Yoshino, which is important for future episodes.

Ugh I am sure Aika and Yoshino's love story is important and we are obviously going to see more of it. However, I want Hakaze happy and being in love with someone who loves a dead chick will not end happy for her.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Jan 31, 2013 3:58 PM

Sep 2011
flamingo-chan said:
Taken from the manga:

The rest was anime-only.
Doesnt sound like its really going down a anime only route like someone said earlier, all the important things happened in both anime and manga, and looking at mangafox the next episode is named after a exact chapter in which the first few pages were in the ep preview.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 31, 2013 4:17 PM
Nov 2012
There is no way the anime catches up to the manga, by the way. There are like 42 chapters released in Japan, so there's plenty of content to adapt.
Jan 31, 2013 4:23 PM

Sep 2012
The obaachan were hilarious!

The new mage is pathetic.

I was hoping the ghost was Aika. We need more Aika, manga or anime only or not.

Hakaze has turned into... a funny character. I like her but. Her and the show feel completely different than the first half. She is hitting herself in the head and not just in her head, really doing it...

It is like two different shows honestly, if not for trees growing all over the first half was a thrilling mahou fight anime and the second half is a mahou rom com. It's OK, the first half was almost too intense in spots but now it is like a cartoon version of the first half.
Jan 31, 2013 4:31 PM

Jul 2011
So...half of this episode was filler huh?! Well, it's still good and Hakaze is killing me with all this moe/cute mode.
Jan 31, 2013 4:32 PM

Nov 2007
So to make a show to destroy the tree = KajiKaji's character's job as hero? lol~

So they still think that Mage of Zetsuen is Yoshino?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 31, 2013 5:02 PM
Sep 2012
Gotta love those obachans rubbing it in towards Hakaze.

They really are pulling at strings just to justify thinking that the Mage of Exodus is Yoshino.
Jan 31, 2013 5:04 PM

Nov 2012
Hakaze was adorable in this episode~
poor Yoshino.
i definitely don't believe that he's the mage of exodus.
only if the others knew that he was trying to save the girl :(
can't wait for the next ep :D
Jan 31, 2013 5:11 PM

Jul 2009
Ah that Aika fanservice.
Jan 31, 2013 5:15 PM

Sep 2011
there are barely any scenes of Mahiro in this episode! me no gusta :\

dreadknightnero said:
Those Grannies and their maiden talk

HAHAHAHA

they had me lol'ing too XD
Jan 31, 2013 6:08 PM

Feb 2009
What a disappointing second half so far. Only thing that still stands out it's the BGM which never bores me.
Jan 31, 2013 6:09 PM

Jan 2013
5/5
Love the romance.
Great art and animation.
Jan 31, 2013 6:38 PM

May 2012
Hakaze is losing major points, its wierd how she acting toward Yoshino. Last time i checked she's a mage and not a school girl. Also if Yoshino is the mage of Exduos then that would mean he probally killed Aika. He looks really suspicous right now because how was he walking perfectly in the end when he said he hurt his leg. Anyway Hakaze looks like she in her 20s and Yoshino in his teens, soooooo lets see how the plays out.
Jan 31, 2013 7:00 PM

Jan 2011
They really want us to think Yoshino is the mage of Exodus...but I highly doubt he killed Aika. Anyways great ep, waiting to see some back story about the two trees.
Jan 31, 2013 7:19 PM
Nov 2012
So the Anime is going to diverge from the manga like next episode maybe? Good Episode, I am also skeptical about Yoshino being the mage of Exodus, idk. Aika was looking so hot in her Yukata, grow a backbone Yoshino :P. Hakaze is just too cute.
Jan 31, 2013 7:19 PM
Oct 2010
dere dere hakaze <3
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jan 31, 2013 7:29 PM

Oct 2011
Hakaze is too cute. All of a sudden it feels like Inaba has returned! XD

Jan 31, 2013 8:07 PM

Nov 2007
Hakaze lost it completely. She just cannot think straight anymore. Her head is filled with Yoshino. She thinks about Yoshino before doing anything. She priorities Yoshino over everything else now.

Samon was so right when he said the world's fate depends on Yoshino.

As for me, I don't really care. This anime is freaken awesome and deserves the praise for showing how love can make people blind. Hakaze's falling in love is more realistic than what I have seen in many other anime, which makes it so damn good.

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 31, 2013 9:27 PM

Jan 2011
When you look at the reasons for wrongful convictions you often find that a major factor is that the police and prosecutor build a 'theory of the case' that points the finger at a single suspect. Because the suspect has been prejudged as guilty, any evidence to the contrary is either disregarded or through tortuous thought processes seen as in fact supporting the theory of guilt. As far as Samon's people are concerned, Yoshino is the Exodus mage and any actions he takes just confirms it. If he doesn't use magic and is bailed out by Hakaze it is explained away as being Yoshino's subtle influence rather than recognizing it as being a maiden in love. If Yoshino risks life and limb to rescue the kidnapped girl through heroic physical action, it is explained away as being misdirection or a cunning plan--because of course as the Exodus mage he could save himself if he really was in danger.

Personally I think that the wimp is the Exodus mage. The reason he doesn't resemble Hakaze is that his power was thrust upon him by the death of the real mage while Hakaze has been trained for this all her life. As for Yoshino, he may not be the Exodus mage, but there still are mysteries in his background that we have yet to see. (I haven't read the manga so this is all speculation and may be as wildly off the mark as everyone else is.)
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 31, 2013 9:44 PM
Feb 2012
lneruenu said:
So the Anime is going to diverge from the manga like next episode maybe? Good Episode, I am also skeptical about Yoshino being the mage of Exodus, idk. Aika was looking so hot in her Yukata, grow a backbone Yoshino :P. Hakaze is just too cute.

Seems they just are adding filler material here and there. All the parts in the preview for next week are in the manga.
Jan 31, 2013 9:55 PM

Aug 2010
The theory of Yoshino being the mage of exodus is kinda lame, it based on something like, well he must have known that I knew that he knew that I knew that he knew the plan! HOW DEVIOUS!

Personally I think Akia is (was?) the mage of exodus and the two MCs are each of the girl's knights or assistants or whatever. So Yoshino and Hakaze and Mahiro and Akia.
Jan 31, 2013 10:06 PM

Oct 2012
damn... hakaze too cute... XD

Jan 31, 2013 10:20 PM

Jan 2011
I seriously liked how they staged all that 'mage of Exodus destroying the tree' thing. Love that mecha suit, kinda reminds me of Lelouch's Zero suit. :P
Hakaze is insanely cute when she realises that she loves Yoshino heaps. I like how Aika appears a lot in the show despite being dead. Yoshino seemed so happy when he was with Aika and yet he just seems depressed most of the time. :(
Jan 31, 2013 10:33 PM

Feb 2012
LMAO @ them old grannies.
Jan 31, 2013 10:35 PM

Aug 2011
I feel like this anime has no direction anymore. It's a shame.
Feb 1, 2013 12:06 AM

Jun 2009
haha the ending was kinda unexpected when Hakaze hugged Yoshino !!!!
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Feb 1, 2013 12:50 AM

Nov 2011
Rom-com'ed

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Feb 1, 2013 5:48 AM

Oct 2011
I`m starting to think aika is the mage of exodus.
Feb 1, 2013 6:01 AM
Oct 2011
flamingo-chan said:
Taken from the manga:

The rest was anime-only.

So the snake pattern was discovered even without the whole fire-burning incident is it? o.o did Evangeline find it on her own??

"Do you know where hell is? Inside your head" - Chrona=
"If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won't follow" - Lelouch Lamperouge
"If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident" - Hei
"I want chocolate! No need for love!! Just give me sugar!!!" & "If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end" - Sakata Gintoki
Feb 1, 2013 8:05 AM
Jan 2013
dsw said:
Hakaze is too cute. All of a sudden it feels like Inaba has returned! XD

I feel the same.I wonder if the voice actor for Inaba is the same for Hakaze? I just can't keep thinking of inaba everytime i hear her voice. lol.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

278 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.