Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 14, 2013 10:33 AM

Jul 2012
@Candor
I'll try if i find some free time, thx
Jan 14, 2013 11:28 AM

Jun 2008
venomx924 said:
She looked liked a psycho from prev eps

who would've thought she'll turn into that

she reminds me of Gasai Yuno

No, no. Kougyoku is not a yandere like Yuno and she is not a full tsundere either. Kougyoku is naturally a moe girl, but when she fights or gets serious she stays in "cold" mode. Too bad Sinbad stopped her full transformation with her djinn.

Anyway, good episode. Next ep, Kassim. Need more Judal. He and Alladin should wake up already.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jan 14, 2013 11:40 AM

Dec 2012
Misiakk said:
Yes, this talking.
First, they come in and dethroned King "just because we can". then this second in row king cry and said he is no good to be king, then the third in row for crown said he is no good to be king. Crying and whining. In the meantime, from nowhere comes Sindbad talking about some alliance. Then Alibaba asked princess to forget all country debt and just accept that he is ending monarchy "just because I can".

But maybe i just expected too much from anime.

He was ending the monarchy to end the slavery contract which would go on to save the country, not just because he can. Sinbad's alliance helped to further Alibaba's case by using the old king as an excuse (unless I'm wrong and they really did want an alliance all along) , Kougyoku accepted this because she doesn't have the power to make a decision toward this... this was mentioned in the episode. Just because we can? hardly... I do agree the 2nd king is REALLY annoying though.

Anyone know how many episodes there will be? I'm sure it said 26, but now it says unknown :o
Jan 14, 2013 1:40 PM

Feb 2012
It was ok.
Jan 14, 2013 3:29 PM

Dec 2012
I enjoyed this episode quite a lot. I think it was a brave decision that Alibaba made. Abolishing the monarchy is the correct thing to do, but in the current situation that Balbadd is in, I do firmly believe that a totalitarian regime would be most suitable until things are sorted out. Throwing democracy to the people 'just like that' can't be good.
"A man wishing to be unhappy finds many ways to prove his course."
- Hundred eyes
Jan 14, 2013 3:57 PM

Feb 2012
It's a nice episode since I had my Kougyoku moments :>

Anyway, I'm guessing the banker and the one with a mask are magi too.
Jan 14, 2013 5:14 PM

Nov 2011
HauntingShock said:
It's a nice episode since I had my Kougyoku moments :>

Anyway, I'm guessing the banker and the one with a mask are magi too.

Kaiser-chanJan 14, 2013 5:22 PM

Jan 14, 2013 5:21 PM
Oct 2011
^
Spoilers dude. Also, it's not accurate, what you just said.. But either way, no need to spoil it, just let them see for themselves who those guys are. (not that we, manga readers, know who that masked guy is anyway..)
Jan 14, 2013 6:45 PM

Aug 2010
I was ready to laugh my ass off when the Princess was ready to see who's the king. I was right. xDD

Throughout the entire time of the episode after Alibaba mentioned the country should change as a republic, I kept thinking...LET'S BECOME THE UNITED STATES AND LET'S LEAD UP TO HOW IT IS TODAY. Yet, oh if only being able to dodge that huge debt problem was so easy for here in the US. :P
Jan 15, 2013 5:01 AM

May 2010
No morgiana today.......not much..
Jan 15, 2013 12:04 PM

Apr 2012
mor <3
Jan 15, 2013 2:49 PM

Nov 2011
Great speech, probably the best ep for me.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 15, 2013 2:50 PM

Dec 2011
Dang! That is sure the solution... although, when the democracy is just starting, a revolution will happen right away! Dang!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2013 6:55 PM

May 2012
A lot of talking in this episode but it was still good. Next ep should be better.
Jan 15, 2013 10:04 PM

Mar 2009
Why did Magi get so boring all of a sudden? Are we ever going to get back to the first couple of episodes, when they were going around and having adventures?
Jan 16, 2013 12:33 AM
Oct 2011
Mormegil said:
Why did Magi get so boring all of a sudden? Are we ever going to get back to the first couple of episodes, when they were going around and having adventures?
Adventures will continue when the arc ends after 2-3 episodes, they will stop in Sindria in a more comic-relief arc then they'll head to the 2nd dungeon, Zagan's. However, the next 2-3 episodes will build some things important to the over-all plot. though manga is still way better than this shit
Candor123Jan 16, 2013 12:44 AM
Jan 16, 2013 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
Candor said:
though manga is still way better than this shit

Anything A-1 touches usually ends in shit

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 16, 2013 8:10 AM

Jun 2008
That princess really got lucky to get out of marrying that disgusting fatass.

Hydnlife said:
Orulyon said:
Kougyoku is the kawaii-ist thing in this episode.

*LOLs at those who called her a "random predictable psycho bitch" in episode 11...*
Lol

I think you got it opposite here. Most people seemed to got disappointed when she proved to not be a psycho bitch.

symbv said:

In Japanese forums discussion of this episode quickly became debates of whether Alibaba was making a right decision of abolishing the monarchy as the first step towards solving the country's serious problems. I wonder how it will go here.

It doesn't matter if his solution was better or not than continuing the monarchy because there was no other choice. If he didn't change the system completely and the identity of the country then he wouldn't be able to claim that the debts gathered to the Kou empire where corrupt dealings from an unwanted regime that does not represent the current county.
A person can not avoid it's debts no matter what but a state can always do so by changing the face of the state. Then is up to the creditor to decide if he has more to lose by going hostile and refusing the new claims of change or accept the new situation.

Btw why are some people saying they become the US? Are people really this stupid that think that the US are the only democratic republic nation in the world? Besides is not even a federal government model like the US is. Oh yeah i forgot many Americans don't know a world outside exist.
MonadJan 16, 2013 1:21 PM
Jan 16, 2013 10:45 AM
Sep 2012
this episode was one of the better ones, at the end of the episode I thought douchebag kassim does it again!
Jan 16, 2013 12:59 PM

Oct 2010
A very interesting episode about Alibaba turning a state into a Republic and upon reading it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic
Got reminded of good old history. In fact it was a Roman proposition after seeing the flaws of Monarch system from Medieval times themselves that it got inaugurated but it was the Greeks who at first made it possible. IMO a Republic is far more intellectually relying on many brains except for one. The problem with it is harmony and balance. For one mistake can set the whole structure into collapse.

That being said the end if quite obvious of the negativity being emphasized in Kassim. However remains to see of the light bird and Aladdin himself.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 16, 2013 1:06 PM

Aug 2010
That slap in the face was well deserved.

The princess is lucky, thanks to Ali Baba, she doesn't have to marry that loser.
Jan 16, 2013 5:46 PM

Nov 2007
Still think Alibaba should have just become king and married the girl. I mean she was cute.

I knew she'd be disgusted by pig face.

Speaking of pigface he should have been executed after all.
Jan 17, 2013 1:06 PM

Aug 2011
Much more interesting than expected. Alibaba pulled through with confidence this time and it was a great feeling to sabotage the previous King's plans.

I can't get enough of Kougyoku's blushes when she's thinking about Sinbad.
Jan 18, 2013 3:11 AM

Nov 2007
I like that everything isn't just, "Ha, I'm the strongest fighter, and I beat you, so that means I'm right!" ... even if in other shows, the protagonist IS generally the one who is in the right. Might makes right is so overdone and very rarely realistic.

Then again, we haven't seen the clash of the rukh yet, and here comes Cassim and crew. Dun dun dun....
Jan 18, 2013 6:51 PM

Apr 2011
Very talkative episode this week though I really enjoyed it.Alibaba is such a boss he is going to make a leader. Can't stand that Kassim is coming back such an annoying bastard.
Jan 19, 2013 6:47 AM

Aug 2012
The pig deserved to get slapped in the face.

Too bad the next episode will be Kassim's attack
Jan 19, 2013 10:09 AM
Feb 2012
AceFlonne said:
The pig deserved to get slapped in the face.

Too bad the next episode will be Kassim's attack

Why is that bad? The respective chapters of the episodes to come are one of the best in the manga in my eyes. Actually I'm really looking forward to seeing them animated.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jan 19, 2013 12:32 PM

May 2012
decent ep imo. Time to abolisch the monarchy

Jan 19, 2013 9:07 PM

Jun 2009
SylakentH_ said:

I love that princess!

Thank god she's not one of those princess that cry all day over having to marry someone they don't like and fall for the main character when she's saved. Not to mention that, despite having her own "preference" she do more or less understood politics.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2013 5:38 AM
Dec 2012
AirStyles said:
SylakentH_ said:

I love that princess!

Thank god she's not one of those princess that cry all day over having to marry someone they don't like and fall for the main character when she's saved. Not to mention that, despite having her own "preference" she do more or less understood politics.

Plus, shes cute XD
Jan 20, 2013 10:36 PM

Jun 2008
I love the female characters in this series. Morgiana is constantly amazing, and Kougyoku is just getting started to show how great she is, too.
Jan 22, 2013 8:56 PM

Mar 2009
Candor said:
Mormegil said:
Adventures will continue when the arc ends after 2-3 episodes, they will stop in Sindria in a more comic-relief arc then they'll head to the 2nd dungeon, Zagan's. However, the next 2-3 episodes will build some things important to the over-all plot. though manga is still way better than this shit

That's good to hear, at least. With the way this arc was going, it almost felt like it was going to last until the end of the season.
Jan 28, 2013 3:52 PM

May 2011
This was a nice episode to see Alibaba's determination and answer to all this.

Tsundere Kougyoku is so cute <3.
himekawa said:
I love the female characters in this series. Morgiana is constantly amazing, and Kougyoku is just getting started to show how great she is, too.
Agreed! Morigiana is great and so is the other princess, Hakuei.
Feb 13, 2013 8:24 AM

Jan 2011
This was a great episode imo, Kougyoku made me rofl.
Next episode looks really serious, a lot more serious than this one if the preview is reliable.
I'm looking forward to it, hopefully Kassim won't be a dick.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 13, 2013 11:22 PM

Sep 2012
The king deserved that slap!
Apr 1, 2013 1:50 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Great out of the box thinking from Ali Baba. No King, no marriage.

Of course psycho Kassim is probably going to ruin everything next episode.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 23, 2013 7:38 AM

Jan 2012
lots of dialouge this episode, but think it was needed after such a dramatic previous episode! probably not my favourite
May 7, 2013 10:18 PM

May 2013
good episode. things are starting to heat up now.
May 8, 2013 9:37 PM

Sep 2011
Orulyon said:
Kougyoku is the kawaii-ist thing in this episode.

AHH cuteness overload!!
May 19, 2013 3:16 PM

May 2012
Quite an interesting episode, lots of good dialogue and information given in this episode, lets see what's next!
May 27, 2013 8:46 AM

Sep 2011
So we still have the cunt to deal with...

May 28, 2013 9:17 PM

Mar 2013
take that slap like a man swine.
i hated that king they shoulda just decapitated him on the spot, also i wilsh this episode had more action.
"Stop whining, all I did was chop off your stupid legs."
Jun 17, 2013 9:43 AM

Oct 2012
- Turn monarchy into republic and make parliament?
- Ask Kou empire for pretending no nothing treaty happened?
- Ask people to create their law afresh?

Really, this guy is hell of a diplomat!

symbv said:
In Japanese forums discussion of this episode quickly became debates of whether Alibaba was making a right decision of abolishing the monarchy as the first step towards solving the country's serious problems. I wonder how it will go here.

And they are right. There is no way this would work in reality. Hell, his diplomatic skills are so hopeless that without Sindbad's action it would turn pretty messy. Those people don't know how to manage country. They know nothing of how republic work. They just want to have their little safety, something to eat and place to live. What about courts, judges or diplomatic relations with other countries? No to mention there would always emerge someone with ambition to rule that would seize the opportunity. In the end there would be one big revolt.
Jun 28, 2013 10:51 PM

Jan 2013
Some MAL users complaining that there was too much dialogue for this episode...
Yes because every shonen anime needs to have "over-the-top-straight-in-your-face-action" in each episode, am I right?

Anyway, this episode was pretty interesting, so now it's going to be The Republic of Balbadd.
Kassim looking mad, shts about to go down next episode.
CabronJun 28, 2013 11:12 PM
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Aug 14, 2013 4:57 AM

Jul 2009
good episode. Ugo is soooooooo cute!
Sep 24, 2013 3:25 AM

May 2013
Pollitical showdown in this ep :P
What the hell is the banker doing? smells like trouble
Feb 3, 2014 8:34 PM

Aug 2013
Kougyoku is like "MFW I see Sinbad!"

Shes totally head over heals.
My Candies:
Feb 9, 2014 12:20 AM

Aug 2009
Alibaba still remains my favorite character. His speech was really great, I felt like I was a citizen at some point. But to be completely honest I still don't see why he STILL considers Kassim/Cassim a friend. I swear after this upcoming conflict with him, he better stay away!

May 24, 2014 12:47 AM

Aug 2013
Haha love Kougyoku's personality change whenever Sinbad's around.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 16, 2014 6:37 PM

May 2013
Great episode, Alibaba was absolutely phenomenal this episode! I'm glad that Alibaba took over from his ugly brother, him slapping his brother was epic. This episode made me actually like the princess, she's so cute when she blushes and she made me laugh when she said to herself that she didn't want to marry that pig (the former king) lol. Great episode, shits going down next episode with Kassim and the Troupe. Very great episode!

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2013

262 by animejas »»
Feb 19, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Magi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Num1dad_Asura - Oct 7, 2012

337 by Kent1234 »»
Dec 29, 2023 12:59 AM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2013

198 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 11:16 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2013

121 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 10:21 PM

Poll: » Magi Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2013

192 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 9:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.