Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
Good to see Holo better now and in shape after feeling down physically from the previous episode.

She and Holo are on another adventure where they meet new people. Looks like Holo managed to catch the attention of a guy they met. She knows it too with that silly grin of hers. Got to see more of Lawrence's social and business skills. A pretty chill episode and the new OP song is great imo.

Jul 1, 9:58 AM

May 2020
Well, of course, if you’ve Holo with you, there are really no worries at all when it comes to finding accommodation in a new city or making connections with new people. Beauty comes with its benefits after all. Though was it not hilarious seeing that short guy being head over heels for Holo and Holo herself/Lawrence being completely aware of that fact xD

By the way, a hangover sucks. Not the greatest feeling when you wake up with a headache and throat being completely dry. But yeah, who thinks about that while drinking lol. Holo having her days with sickness and hangovers though, which again tells how carefree she is. Not that she’s doing anything to better her habits. Still in the midst of everything, Lawrence should learn what Holo wants at this point. That really felt a bit inconsiderate when he suggested about parting ways:( Though he instantly realized, but you could feel Holo here.

Nice new OP and ED. But I'll miss Claris ED.
Jul 1, 9:58 AM

Dec 2021
To a new town we go!

Aiming for Holo's homeland, Lawrence and Holo, head further north from Ruvinheigen. The next town, Kumersun, is on the verge of starting the bustling Radla Festival, which attracts many people due to its grand market. Along the way, they meet Fermi Amati, a young fishmonger who belongs to the same Rowen Trading Guild as Lawrence, and he helps them with lodging arrangements and more. From what it had seemed, Amati has fallen in love at first sight with Holo, who is dressed as a demure nun.

Second cour time means new OP and ED, and you know, when this remake was announced if there was one thing I wasn't certain they wouldn't be able to beat is that banger of a first OP, but this new OP not only fits S&W perfectly, but the arc as well. I'd even go to say it's on the same level as the first one imo. OP aside, Fermi has finally made his appearance, a.k.a the BIGGEST Holo simp. Anywho, new arc means new Holo obsession, this time it'll be fish lols. From the little of season two I watched, this is the last arc the OG adapted that wasn't filler iirc.

Neriame's ED is, uh well it's cute. That's for sure.

Jul 1, 11:21 AM

Feb 2019
Another week not being married to holo and I’m tired of it

Omg the Aimer OP is so good 😩 sounds like her 2013-2015 era when she dropped Polaris I missed that sound. Album is still in rotation

Time for a new arc and we’re off to a new village. Slow start as we’ve come to expect, loved the Holo and Lawrence interactions today, especially in the carriage on the way to town. “How terrible would it be if we had to rent a room with a single bed” lmao not bad at all actually, holo. Lawrence’s cheeky “You aren’t my type” got an adorable frown out of holo. I love how they just pick with one another like an old married couple

Amati seems like an interesting character and was instantly smitten with Holo, how can you blame em? Lawrence is the only one dragging his feet with her πŸ˜‚

Holo not being able to read was something I’d not thought about but makes total sense considering she’s been living in the fields and in the wild all this time.

Lawrence is getting much better at negotiating business deals too! Granted that was one of his old travelling buddies in town but still. Time does past so quickly and I like how they connected Lawrence seeing how much his old buddy had changed with a wife, kid and apprentice to how Holo was talking about a year being so important to human lifespans.

Speaking of which, drunk and hungover holo is so cute πŸ˜‚ and it’s adorable that she’s grown so comfortable by Lawrence side she’d lost track of time. Now that we know a general area that Yoitsu is in, I’m looking forward to seeing how their journey goes
Marinate1016Jul 1, 12:43 PM
Jul 1, 11:39 AM

Jul 2017
Spice and Wolf's 3rd volume adaptation is here and while this was a pretty solid episode on its own, man I do not miss people like Amati and this arc in general from the past. This arc rubbed me the wrong way a bit when watching the original and even reading the book for it but that was years ago so who knows if my opinion changes or not.

The world building was solid enough, Holo and Kraft's interactions were nice with a tinge of sadness towards the end with Yoitsu becoming more prevalent in the conversations towards the end, especially with how Lawrence was lacking a bit in tact when suggesting parting ways with her considering what she's spoken with him about before about her loneliness in the past. He should be understanding a bit better in that department. Also introduced to Amati, a young but successful merchant that clearly fell for Holo instantly from the moment he saw her, helping her and Lawrence out in the process with accommodations (with also some connections being present before with him and Lawrence through the same guild). Holo's polite reactions as well when seeing him from time to time does signal that some romantic conflicts are brewing up with the kind of conversations Lawrence and Holo were having earlier on in the episode.

Aimer's doing the opening this time around and it's good. Wouldn't say it's particularly amazing (that's coming from a pretty long-term fan of hers) but it works enough with the series. Wish the actual visuals had more to write home about, Passione's been pretty damn conversation with how they've been animated. It's a little better than the first opening's visuals because a bit more of the world building was shown but still, fairly safe as a whole. Song is solid but I've heard more memorable and better tracks from Aimer in the past in other anime so while good, isn't one that blows me away much. I'd probably prefer the first opening I heard in the remake compared to this for the song. that stood out more to me.

ED is forgettable. ClariS' ending song was really charming to me and sounded really nice, this new one's not that great to listen to for me and feels bland in comparison.
Jul 1, 11:47 AM

Feb 2013
It's surreal.
Jul 1, 12:19 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
One of the many benefits of having a furry animal as a companion lol. So cute seeing Holo tease Lawrence like that though. Love the new OP. Looks like we'll be seeing plenty of new places and meeting new people this cour. Holo's smile defo can steal hearts for sure. Still her thinking of the bonds between her and Lawrence shows well how much things had changed between them. Cute new ending theme.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 12:21 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Sweet episode with a drunk holo. :D
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jul 1, 12:37 PM

Jan 2023
We are starting this new arc with a really cute and fun episode!
As always, their banter is a big part of what makes the show so enjoyable, so many sweet moments.
The wheat merchant is such a fun character, I liked him and Lawrence negotiating/arguing haha.

The end of the episode felt nostalgic and bittersweet: Lawrence doesn't always know what to say/do when Holo gets in this depressed/lonely mood.
I did, of course, love the mention of Nyohhira so early on, readers of the novel will know why :)

The background music was amazing, and so were the new OP and ED, I feel like I'm going to go play them on loop as soon as I finish typing this post.
Oh, and finally seeing Elsa and her companion animated in that OP got me all impatient for the next arc already :)

MeguSae38Jul 1, 12:41 PM
Jul 1, 12:41 PM
Nov 2020
Finally Volume 4 will be adapted evan and elsa in the opening cant wait to see one of the best side chars in the series
Jul 1, 12:42 PM

Dec 2013
Holo with hangover was so funny, new OP and ED, I'm going to miss ClariS for sure.
Jul 1, 12:54 PM

Oct 2016
im so glad im alive to see people seething at Amati once again

Mikarin_EnjoyerJul 1, 4:52 PM
Jul 1, 1:01 PM

Jan 2024
That Amati kid is representation of entire fandom(me included).

Holo teasing Lawrance will never get old.
That ending was kinda sad. Hope Lawrance will stay with her to Yoitsu and beyond that.

New OP is fantastic and the ED was fun to buy last ED one was better
Jul 1, 1:03 PM

Jan 2018
I thought there'd be a one-week break for Spice and Wolf like many other anime. So glad there wasn't.

Man, the new OP by aimer is so freaking good. When I heard the first OP I mistakenly thought it was by aimer. It made me wonder how cool it'd be if aimer actually made a Spice and Wolf OP. Didn't think it'd actually happen. I'm gonna miss the first OP by Hana Hope tho. It was an amazing OP. I'm gonna miss the last ED too. The new one is good too but it'll probably take some time to get used to it.

It seems like that boy Amati fancies Holo lol. She didn't need to act so ladylike in front of him lol.

I know Lawrence probably didn't mean it but he didn't need to be so grim about Yoitsu at this point. You'd think he'd learn by now that Holo doesn't want to be alone anymore.

I feel like Holo's interaction with Lawrence was much cuter in the OG. The animation felt more static in the new one than in the OG which was a bit weird.

I was under the impression that the OG Season 2 skipped an entire volume but this episode was the same as the OG anime counterpart. So, I'm guessing the difference will happen in the latter half of the cour. Interesting.
Jul 1, 1:18 PM
Dec 2023
New characters were introduced. Nice!
Jul 1, 1:20 PM
May 2017
cool start of the new arc. Love the new ending and the visual of the new OP but not the song from Aimer unfortunately
Jul 1, 1:21 PM
May 2017
cool start of the new arc. Love the new ending and the visual of the new OP but not the song from Aimer unfortunately
Jul 1, 1:50 PM
May 2022
I am loving how they are setting up this next arc, I am really hoping that they can keep a lot of the tension and drama that made the original version of this so hard to watch, but also so hard to look away from.

Also hungover Holo was yet again a 10/10.
Jul 1, 1:57 PM

Jul 2020
New OP is great!
Drunk Holo. Me and Holo like to get drunk
Amarty is a fucking child and Holo has no problem slapping him for being an annoying child
Holo knows how to read!
Holo drinking :D
Jul 1, 2:11 PM
Feb 2024
Using her tail as a lap warmer is so cute πŸ˜‚
I'm glad that the honey pickled peaches weren't just brushed aside and forgotten about, it's a shame Holo didn't get any, but at least he's making an effort to make a snack fund for her πŸ₯Ή
I love how they make every conversation casual and flirtatious at the same time, the balance is phenomenal

Ah, Amati has entered the scene. I honestly prefer his older design, though this one does fit in better with the new artstyle of the anime, so I understand it.
The abrupt switch of scenes from Amati’s obvious infatuation with Holo to her wolfing (literally) down her food was perfect too πŸ˜‚ I love that Lawrence sees all the sides of her that no one else will

She may have brushed it off, but it’s pretty clear that the pain she’s carrying runs deep. She wants to go home, but doesn’t want to leave Lawrence.
It’s sad that the episode ended there… ah well. Here’s to the beginning of a new arc!
Jul 1, 2:29 PM

Feb 2022
I like the new OP but love the ED illustrations.
ο»Ώ
ο»ΏHolo and Lawrence still having the fantastic banter at the start, ive always loved their back and forth dialogue on the LNs and anime.
ο»ΏLots of interesting things coming up incl the missing part the original left out
Jul 1, 3:38 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
New OP by Aimer is very nice, not sure if I like it more than the first OP but it’s certainly fitting and goes great with those visuals, it actually really reminds me of her ED for “After the Rain”, my brain kept waiting for it to turn into that song lol. And the ED by Neriame was great, it’s not only cute but a bop too, only bad thing about it is that the vibe is completely different from the previous ED, but most likely it’ll fit right in over time, and I only know Neriame because of their OP for “Cafe Terrace” which was also a jam (that also happens to be getting a 2nd season this summer) so it’s cool to hear them again. Also, funny that both the OP and ED have a Fall/Winter theme but we’re in the summer lol, only making me wish it was Fall already.

And the episode itself was a good one, when Holo and Lawrence were traveling to a new town we met Amati who seems like a bright kid but he also immediately fell for Holo, can’t blame him honestly lol, and I see folks that are fans of the source or OG anime do not like him, I’m excited to find out why and also see if I find myself in the same boat. We also met a friend of Lawrence’s at the town, Marc, and he seems like a chill fella, I liked seeing Lawrence trade with him and keep the friendly vibes, Lawrence wouldn’t try and rake him over the coals I imagine. And wow, the fact Lawrence got a letter about the armor issue after all that is wild, old times were rough huh lol. And lastly, this episode definitely had no shortage of great Holo and Lawrence moments, but at the end things got a bit rough between them again when Lawrence mentioned having Holo travel to Yoitsu on her own when they got close, Lawrence has his reasoning but it’s still a bit upsetting giving how Holo has talked about being lonely before, hopefully this might change once they actually get to that point.

Also it’s cool to hear we’re going to be getting to previously skipped material in this cour, I never watched the OG to know what’s skipped but I do plan to hit it once this remake ends so it’ll be cool to be able to compare the two and have a little something that’s new to see.
Jul 1, 4:21 PM
Oct 2016
We begin a new arc in another new town. Holo and Lawrence leaving all that nasty business of debt, betrayal and sheep behind them. They meet another merchant on the roar named Amati, whom i remember vividly from the original anime. So his introduction was nice to see again knowing where his character leads in this arc. The second that Lawrence mentions a festival in this town Holo wants to stick around for a good time once it starts. Even before that she's throwing back drinks like she's got the tolerance of a huge Wolf but she is in fact just a little wolf girl. So the inevitable hangover was funny to see, especially with Holo face of pain in the morning. Lawrence in town meeting an old merchant friend whom he hasn't seen in a while. Its nice seeing these buddies Lawrence has in various towns. Some of them like this guy embody his dream of settling down with his own shops and family one day. Lawrence and Holo discussing how close they're now getting to her hometown since after the festival in this town they will officially enter the north. Lawrence still not being careful with his words about leaving Holo alone. He quickly realizes his mistake but the damage to Holo is done. He cant just leave her once they get there, not even to wait for her.
Jul 1, 4:30 PM

Sep 2016
Really great opening.
Jul 1, 5:34 PM

Jul 2022
I like the new opening more than the previous one, especially because Aimer sings it; the visuals are also beautiful. As for the ending, I prefer the previous one, although this one isn't bad.

Poor Lawrence... he is no match for the cunning Holo; his expressions said it all. It made me laugh to see Holo when Lawrence came up with the feather idea. But putting that aside, Lawrence is very clumsy, right? Holo hates loneliness, and he comes out with that Nyohira thing... it's like watching someone trip over themselves while walking.
Jul 1, 8:02 PM

Jul 2014
Dude the episode looked SO CLEAN, it's like the budget increased or something, also love the new OP and EDs
Jul 1, 10:13 PM

Nov 2021
An Aimer OP is always welcome. I actually really like the ED song too along with the cute chibi visuals.
Jul 1, 10:25 PM

Dec 2016
I really like the new OP! Great selection with Aimer's song. On the other side, the new ED it's ok... Not so good, not so bad for me. I mean, my standard is "Perfect World" by Rocky Chack (S&W II ED), since I consider it as one of the 10 best ED songs I've ever heard.

The episode was good. I love the relationship development between Holo and Lawrence and episode by episode is in a continuous growning-up.
Jul 1, 10:28 PM

Jul 2012
Aimer OP for the second cour? Huge.
Jul 1, 11:23 PM

Feb 2011
lawd, Kraft is so dense it makes me sad to see the shit he says to Holo.

"we're travelling but we're not married"

"can you go alone?"

like bro. does he hear himself?

The little blond dude def has a crush on Holo lol.

Jul 2, 2:57 AM
Aug 2023
For me amarty had a glow down physically but I can't explain why
Jul 2, 6:46 AM

Jul 2017
The 2nd Cour starts here, adapting Volume 3 of the LN and simultaneously re-tracing Season 2 of the OG series, hope this is just as good of a run.

Aimer's OP is defintely a step up over Hana Hope's OP, and while NeRiAme's ED is OK-ish, preferred ClariS's ED all the more.

As Lawrence and Holo's journey continues to the next town of Kumerson, they're still as charming as they come. On the way, they meet fishing merchant Fermi Amati, though stock has been bought out earlier, so they have to settle for less while prepping for the festival with the food and lodging that Fermi had prepared for them. Other than the fish, Holo can really drink, though she got too drunk and had a hangover, leaving Lawrence to deal with his business of selling nails for the Northern grand expedition, which unfortunately got cancelled. At least he got a good deal fom Marc, who has a wife and children, plus an apprentice to feed for his business.

Still, drunk Holo is life, though how much of that is the truth, still leaves Lawrence leaving worried.
Jul 2, 7:13 AM

May 2015
This arc will be so hard to watch, so emotionaly exhausting, even though I know perfectly well how it ends.

It is a nice touch that the anime got an Aimer opening.
Jul 2, 7:40 AM

Feb 2021
Lol, She get hangover after drinking too much XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 2, 7:42 AM

Jan 2021
New OP and ED. Both are good, but I personally prefer the first one.

There's a new boy and he's mesmerized by Holo's beauty, hahaha. Well, who wouldn't be? Even Lawrence always loses to Holo's sweet face when she acts spoiled to ask for food :3

Time does go by fast especially for Lawrence as a human being, after seeing his friend already married, having children, owning his own shop as well as having an employee... while Lawrence is still a traveling peddler, together with Holo, his partner who is unclear what her status is because he refers to them basically as "traveling partners who are not married to each other" lol. And he's now telling Holo to go alone because she can go for two days with her wolf legs. Haaaah...... :(

Jul 2, 7:50 AM
Oct 2020
OK new OP and ED. Will miss the first one though. We're getting closer to the end destination of our journey. New boy merchant introduced and he's smitten by Holo's beauty because who wouldn't? I need more of Drunk Holo though
Jul 2, 8:37 AM

Nov 2013
New OP/ED time! Maybe I need to get used to them. Liked ED more but for now none of them feel better than the first ones.

Another great episode. Can't blame the new boy for falling in love with Holo on the first sight :D
Jul 2, 12:38 PM
Nov 2010
A lot feeling different from og since og is ss2 so it have a lot flashback
And story telling between holo and craft reason and relationship feel a bit different from og
Jul 2, 3:27 PM

Feb 2013
Reply to Rexnihilo
OK new OP and ED. Will miss the first one though. We're getting closer to the end destination of our journey. New boy merchant introduced and he's smitten by Holo's beauty because who wouldn't? I need more of Drunk Holo though
@Rexnihilo
Rexnihilo said:
I need more of Drunk Holo though

Kay here ya go.
Jul 2, 6:41 PM
Mar 2015
The wolf really likes to drink
Jul 2, 8:49 PM

Aug 2014
Too bad opening spoiled a part that they will travel together, she in wolf form and he on her..

That new boy is in love :D

I do wonder why this town is famous of fish if they have lots of fields around and no sea as it seems? Only a river and lake. Also looking at the map they likely didn't come from hills side where the lake is, so why other merchant transport fish from same river that is in town? Just catch them in town..
(γ₯οΏ£ ³οΏ£)γ₯ けゅっ けゅっ γ‚­γ‚Ή (´ο½‘βœͺωβœͺq`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jul 3, 12:47 AM

Jul 2023
getting ready for a heart thumbing arc

Yesterday, 3:27 AM
ε­”ηœŸγƒ»γ‚³γ‚¦γƒžγ‚³γƒˆ

Jun 2017
Pretty cool new Op and ED! I’m going to miss Claris’s ED theme song for sure, I kept hearing that in a restaurant near my place in Nagoya and became really fond of it. It’s good to see that the visuals feel like a continuation from the aforementioned. As for the Op, I might like it more than the previous already. Earlier one felt like it was trying to mimic the iconic Op of the previous adaption but don’t get me wrong, it was still good!

Genki Holo is a sight to behold, glad to see her back in healthy spirits. But Lawrence-san, that’s not good. Don’t leave her alone especially after that outburst a few eps back and also since she doesn’t probably remember the exact way to her hometown. Little boy merchant falling mero mero like that was hilarious, but who can blame him?

Looking forward to seeing where this second half will take us. I remember not liking it very much with the previous adaption but here goes. It’s been a solid adaption so far, imo.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Yesterday, 9:46 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
Sign from Naruto, Sign from Ano Natsu de Matteru, and then this. Organizing the music in my playlist is gonna be hard now lol

Anyway, kinda boring episode with just Holo being drunk, so there's that
┍━━━━»•» «•«β”β”β”β”β”‘

πŸŽ–οΈ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
πŸ† graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«β”β”β”β”β”™
11 hours ago
Apr 2023
LITERALLY this remake has just surpassed the 2008 version and you still don't like it, it's just that you repulse me.
10 hours ago
Oct 2019
LFG!! Second OP by Aimer!!
ED visual was really cute.

I can't with them flirting every episodes πŸ˜‚

New characters got introduce, Looks like Amati had a crush on Holo.

Did bro just telling her to go alone?, why bro always cockblock himself 🀦‍♂️

More topics from this board

» Kevin Penkin appreciation thread and your favorite soundtrack?

Sigmar-Unberogen - Jul 3

9 by E-Satie »»
Yesterday, 9:01 AM

» How does this compare to the original?

anizawa89 - May 10

39 by sapphireblue116 »»
Jul 3, 1:19 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 24

61 by nirererin »»
Jul 3, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17

62 by nirererin »»
Jul 3, 12:43 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 3

57 by nirererin »»
Jul 3, 12:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.