Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 12, 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Lol, Kazuma always somehow break a somewhat touching moment in ths show.

But seriously, Darkness' emotions has been a rollercoaster ride this episode/season. She never seemed like the type of person ready for marriage. But hey, this anime doesn't take a lot of things seriously.
Jun 12, 7:28 AM

Dec 2021
Let the Darkness recue arc begin...

Alderp and Darkness have picked a wedding date, and the town of Axel is buzzing with excitement. Aqua tries to catch Darkness's eye by showing off a party trick in front of the Dustiness mansion, while Megumin sends a threatening letter to try and stop the wedding. Despite their efforts, the wedding goes ahead as planned. Megumin, feeling defeated, pushes Kazuma to intervene and win Darkness back, but Kazuma stays focused on his work on product development at the mansion. And then, the big day arrives—the wedding day.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but for once, Kazuma's the most mature of this stupid squad. I mean, Megumin is trying everything in her power to find some loophole to get Darkness back, and Aqua's... well, being Aqua. The scene with Kazuma and Megumin was done so well. Really shows how much those two care for Darkness and I loved it. This recurring theme this season of nobles being annoying is really starting to piss me off, but not as much as this ugly bastard who's constantly messing with Kazuma and the gang, and now trying to marry Darkness. AND AQUA WITH THAT W INSULT "MAN WHO LOOKS LIKE A CROSS BETWEEN A BEAR AND A PIG" LMAOOOOOO.

Though I can't wait to see that cross between a bear and a pig face Kazuma's plan, I don't want this to end next week :(

Jun 12, 8:26 AM

Apr 2010
And they end the episode at the cliffhanger.
Well at least we have something to look forward to in the next episode.
Still it took Kazuma a long time to make up his mind but hopefully they manage to solve this issue.
Hopefully after that we won't have to see the annoying noble anymore.
Jun 12, 8:29 AM

Jul 2017
The wedding between Darknes and the fat bastard Aldarp is in succession, though Kazuma is not ignorant in not wantng to give a heck care about it.

Other than Megumin's rather haphazard letter of threats, Aqua's plan to lure Darkness out by doing her usual tricks, it's clearly not working. This hits harder especially for Megumin since she has feelings for Kazuma, though he doesn't budge, not that he doesn't want to help. Being clearly fed up with Alderp and his ways of winning people over with his crimes of debauchery, there's not much evidence to go by, not to mention that Kazuma's connection to the nobles is practically non-existent. Megumin feeling the same thereafter, at least they have something in common for wanting to crash the wedding, and the unexpected help from Vanir (even with Aqua's hilarious interference) does give some context to it.

Needless to say, Kazuma and the gang defeating the Mobile Fortress Destroyer, it was sought to be a good thing, but it ruining the peasant lands, led them to Alderp, which in this case, framed the Dustiness family into debt by paying for the damages from the flood, Kazuma paying part of it only exacerbates the problem. The rage clearly exists for the reasons why, but Lalatina already made up her decision not to be selfish and give herself back to the people.

The wedding is all but ensured between the nobles...not without Kazuma and Aqua REALLY crashing the wedding being disguised as priests-in-waiting, this is easily Kazuma's biggest undertaking to date, kidnapping a princess out of the forced wedding.

Kazuma and Lalatina's epilogue, how would it be resolved?
Jun 12, 8:29 AM

Nov 2023
Another great episode!

Nice assist Aqua!
Jun 12, 8:30 AM
Jun 2020
An episode way more serious than normal. Also, it was confirmed Aldarp is actually the ManBearPig.
Jun 12, 8:39 AM

Mar 2021
Fantastic episode with Aqua at the end coming in with the Hilarious distraction. I must say Darkness looked really beautiful in her wedding dress
Jun 12, 8:40 AM

Jul 2017
Episode dragged for me but I did like the ending at least, it has been a while since I read the books but the stuff from this episode wasn't quite as enjoyable as I remembered because it was a little boring for me in parts admittedly, which is a surprise to me. Maybe in the finale, it will be far more chaotic and would be a lot more fun to wrap up this season. Aqua was really good there at the end, and I rarely have much praise for her.
Jun 12, 8:49 AM
Apr 2020
finally serious kazuma
Jun 12, 8:52 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The more serious episode worked much better for than some others. Loved Aqua's speech at the cathedral and the rescue of Darkness who by the way looked gorgeous in a dress.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 12, 9:02 AM

Sep 2021
The moment Ten-chan's voice came from the priest(ess), I know there will be some trouble. A prelude before the last episode indeed.
Jun 12, 9:04 AM
Jun 2023
The usual funny konosuba is getting serious this time!, our boi kazuma going to steal darkness or should i say buying her from that mr manbearpig (i have to praise aqua this time), A VERY VERY AMAZING episode overall, damn,they really touching my heart with darkness good-memories-flashback scene (this is just self opinion, dunno with your preference, but i hope you like this episode like me) ;))
Jun 12, 9:06 AM
Oct 2020
Ok Kazuma kidnapping Darkness to save her. Also obviously the priest was aqua. Now where is Megumi? Is she going to blow the place up after they leave?
Jun 12, 9:09 AM

Jul 2011
"Let explode a church" -Megumin

Seeing Aqua with pink-reddish hair feel so weird and wrong.

Just that end, with Kazuma pulling Darkness, would make this a romance anime.
Jun 2023
Reply to Rexnihilo
Ok Kazuma kidnapping Darkness to save her. Also obviously the priest was aqua. Now where is Megumi? Is she going to blow the place up after they leave?
@Rexnihilo she is waiting outside, i want to say it, but unfortunately this is spoiler, i hope you will enjoy it next week buddy :)

May 2020
I was genuinely expecting the usual comic relief in the midst of Aqua's speech and Kazuma playing the hero in the end, but hey, glad it didn't happen, and it remained serious till the last minute, which is a very unusual thing in this series lol.

I'm hoping for an even better finale. Though talking about the finale, this already ending next week after we waited for some good time, even since that movie feels sad and a little too early.
Jun 12, 9:19 AM

Dec 2022
Pink Aqua!

This was a feels episode. I don't know if Konosuba has any right to hit this hard, but I felt the despair that Kazuma and Darkness were facing. Other than that, more Vanir is always a pleasure, and there's just something about Sebastian's reactions to the party's antics. Looking forward to seeing how this finale will play out, now that Kazuma's officially become an enemy of the local NTR villain. Shout outs to the cute brunette maid.
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Jun 12, 9:19 AM

Jan 2018
Man, it's crazy that the things they did back in Season 1 are still creating problems for them now. But it all makes sense with how everything connected back to Darkness and the Dustiness family. Darkness was the one who was carrying this group for so long...

I loved this much more serious than usual episode. There were some funny moments in it but it was slightly different than prior episodes. Still loved it.

I was not expecting that priestess to be Aqua lol. I recognized her from the voice. I knew that Kazuma would be one of the guards. I wonder where's Megumin. And how they infiltrated this seemingly well-guarded cathedral.

Man, Lalatina looked great in a wedding dress... Too bad she was being married off to the bear-pig instead of Kazuma...

I like how this is another anime episode this week with a wedding crashing.

Of course this episode ended with a cliffhanger. Leaves me more excited for the next episode which will be the season finale... Man...
Jun 12, 9:31 AM

Nov 2016
It was still goofy enough with Aqua cheering on Kazuma and his usual monologue is something I associate with the light hearted nature of this series. Nonetheless, Kazuma stood on business.

P.S. What the servant said to Darkness when he left the room was crazy lmao.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 12, 9:31 AM
Jul 2023
The most serious episode by far, characters rarely seen act and feelings at full display. Quite refreshing imo. Put Megumin in the terror list
Jun 12, 9:35 AM
Mar 2024
goodsuba señores peaksuba
Jun 12, 9:44 AM

Feb 2020
Dude, I want to marry Lalatina 😳

Jun 12, 9:44 AM

Feb 2019
Only one more episode left man fuck. I don’t want the darkness focus to end 😭 best konosuba season for sure.

After finding out what darkness was suffering with in silence for all this time idk how anyone could have her not as best girl. She had all that debt hanging over her and her family but never complained or even brought it up so as to not pressure her friends.

Even with the wedding, she just went along with it because she didn’t want to inconvenience anyone. She may act loud and boisterous when she’s with the group, but she’s really a kind and considerate girl.

Megumin casually dropping that she loves Kazuma was cool for her shippers, I know they’re gonna have a field day lol. Rare to see Kazuma that depressed. Not being able to help Darkness was really eating him up. A guy that always comes up with the craziest plans that just work was for once, genuinely stumped

I wonder what the terms of Vanir deal was.. nothing ever for free with him. But as long as it gets my girl back I’m ok with it lol.

Darkness looks absolutely gorgeous in her wedding dress. With how crazy she acts with the group, you kinda forget how stunning she is. Kazuma and Aqua crashing the wedding to save her was so dope and very in character since Kazuma is known for his “steal” skill, literally stealing the bride away 😂 love that scene so much too, so cute.

😭 finale next week I’m not ready
Marinate1016Jun 12, 10:24 AM
Jun 12, 9:50 AM

Mar 2023
Megumin and Aqua brought just enough goofiness to balance the serious tone of the episode. I enjoyed it a lot
Jun 12, 9:51 AM
Jul 2019
One episode out of 10 (Episode 9) that was worth anything.

This one, another boring, badly-written 20-odd minutes wasted. Can't wait for this shitshow to end.
Jun 12, 9:57 AM

Oct 2016
Surprising amount of drama and romance in this season, but handled accordingly within the tone of the series.

Surprising plot continuity with no jump of events throughout it, even at the cost of feeling of pacing, progress and plot progression (the season as a whole felt slower and with a lot less progression than the ones before it).

Chad guard.

Expected a more elaborated scheme but I guess them just getting inside and bullshiting their way through the wedding fits them well.
Jun 12, 10:00 AM

Jan 2024
Konosuba went from their funniest episode to the most serious dramatic episode. This season has been a masterpiece so far.
Megumin and Kazumas conversation was so heartfelt shows how much they care for Darkness.
It was painful to see Darkness so sad but the ending of the episode was so satisfying.
Pink haired Aqua destroying that Bear-Pig and Kazuma sweeping in like an actual hero for once.
Last episode will be another banger hopefully but still not looking forward to seeing it end:(
Jun 12, 10:01 AM

Oct 2017
Megumin pure evil, how could she step on those.

Yeah knew the debt was gonna be related to what they've done. Once again proving why Darkness best girl. Kazuma came to save her and looks like he's gonna lose the mansion and everything in the process. Still nothing is worth more than Darkness.

Last episode next week. Please end with s4 announcement and don't make us wait for so long again.
MegamiRemJun 12, 10:29 AM
Jun 12, 10:13 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
That was quite the threat from Megumin. For someone thats supposed to be so notorious Aldarp's crimes are relatively unknown to the general populace. Behind the scenes Darkness's family really helped them a lot. Given the damage that the flood and the destroyer caused the town the repair costs must had been immense. What a daring bridenap but given the odds arrayed against them its gonna be risky.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 10:14 AM

Feb 2014
The tension and drama was more serious than I expected it to be, but it felt fitting considering how conflicted Kazuma, Aqua and Megumin felt as they struggled to find a way to rescue Darkness from her predicament. Vanir opening up about the consequences of our group's actions way back in Season 1 is also coming back to bite them hard and makes the situation more dire.

In the end, I'm glad that they went with a plan to rescue her from being married off to bear-pig, which has worked like a charm so far. With only one episode left, I'm expecting the finale to be a hectic one filled full of action and hilarious shenanigans as usual! =D
Jun 12, 10:19 AM

Dec 2022
yooo next ep gonna be awesome
can't wait
Jun 12, 10:41 AM

Mar 2020
great episode with a major tone shift
check out odd taxi
Jun 12, 10:56 AM
Oct 2020
My, this may be the best episode I have watched in this season! It's really surprising to see how a series like Konosuba, which predominantly focuses on Outrageous Comedy can get a bit serious within a single episode. But still, it was enjoyable.
Jun 12, 11:01 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
It was pretty obvious that Kazuma and the others would try and save Darkness eventually, but it was still pretty upsetting seeing Kazuma in a rough state, not even Megumin using the power of love worked lol. But thanks to the information from Vanir, Kazuma got his mojo back, and now it’s time to rescue that beautiful blonde masochist we know and love, the final episode will be an exciting one no doubt.

Also Darkness was looking great in that wedding dress, it’s just a shame that the occasion she’s wearing it for isn’t pleasant, but maybe it’ll become pleasant since the great escape is under way.
Jun 12, 11:07 AM

Apr 2012
I don't know if this season will be the last, but its plot and emphasis have significantly shaken my belief that people were talking about Megumin being the main love interest in the story. Also, did Megumin literally send out fake messages about terrorist attacks? Lmao.
Jun 12, 11:36 AM
Sep 2012
best episode of the season, animation and direction were on point. shame I can't say the same about the previous 9 episodes.....
Jun 12, 11:51 AM
Aug 2022
peak fiction in action
Jun 12, 11:53 AM
Nov 2015
WienGirl said:
One episode out of 10 (Episode 9) that was worth anything.

This one, another boring, badly-written 20-odd minutes wasted. Can't wait for this shitshow to end.

Dood. If'n it's that bad for you, why are you still watching it? Why didn't you drop it weeks ago? Or is you as M as Lalatina?
Of those who say nothing, few are silent.
=-Thomas Neil-=
Jun 12, 12:43 PM

Dec 2023
I know this is mostly a comedy anime, but I enjoy it more when they show serious aspects of the story like this episode. I wish they did a lot more of this cause to me this feels like the first serious episode in the entire show.

I don't know why but I think I like Aqua with pink hair more ngl.
Jun 12, 1:11 PM
May 2019
I wish Kazuma would marry both Megumin and Darkness lol
Jun 12, 1:41 PM
Nov 2022
Absolutely cheered in the last few minutes. Great episode!
Jun 12, 1:56 PM

Mar 2014
While Kazuma does look cool at the end protecting Darkness....how long will that last xD
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jun 12, 2:03 PM
Feb 2020
Probably the most serious episode in Konosuba's history. Yet it still had aqua basically call someone a Manbearpig
Jun 12, 2:15 PM
Apr 2020
Great episode. And of course Kazuma comes in clutch (not really) to save Darkness from that weird ahh old man and seeing Aqua in that cosplay with pink/purple hair was unironically pretty nice to see, good breather from her classic blue hair. Wonder where Megumin is 0.0, guess we'll find out in the next and final episode of the season. Hope we get a season 4 announced soon after as clearly a lot of people love Konosuba and studio Drive is doing a pretty good job adapting it.
Jun 12, 2:46 PM
Oct 2019
THIS WAS SUCH A GOOD EPISODE, LIKE OH MY AQUA!! I'm so hyped for the next one!
Jun 12, 3:03 PM

Dec 2013
Darkness looks so beautiful in that wedding dress, that servant guarding the door was the hero of the episode.
Jun 12, 3:33 PM

Aug 2023
Aqua at its peak funniest ending speech.. made my day.. lmfao

こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです! こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです!
Jun 12, 3:39 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn so Darkness's family was trapped and had to pay for the flood because her group defeated the Fortress back then... at least that ending was epic with Aqua and Kazuma teaming up to save Darkness directly during the wedding
Jun 12, 3:42 PM

Nov 2017
Was it just me,or was anyone else horrified of Megumin's treatment of Kazumas's Bubble Wrap? :)
Jun 12, 3:45 PM

Sep 2014
Almost too depressing, seriously I dont know why but I have not been enjoying this arc as much as the others. Its almost boring.

good thing everything somehow still falls back onto Aqua.

I have to say, Aqua with a different hairstyle and colour has a unique appeal.

Only 1 episode left. Halfway through the episode I realized its the 10th ep already and had to check if this was going to be the season final, habit of the other seasons beeing just 10 eps.

Even though this season feels somehow different from the original 2, I do hope we get a 4th announced soon. I dont want to wait another 7 years!
Comander-07Jun 12, 3:54 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Where to start the Light novel after the manga chapter 118

Hickykissy - 1 hour ago

1 by canadasnow »»
40 minutes ago

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 22

141 by brokeRyuk »»
1 hour ago

» Is it just me or this series has been going downhill since season 2 ended? ( 1 2 3 )

Kitsune_089 - May 2

131 by animejas »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 1

129 by Kakazumasan »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

zetjex - Mar 29

213 by Kakazumasan »»
12 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.