Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 6, 2023 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
This is the most emotional I've seen coming from Konoha. I guess jumping back and forth through time really took a toll on her, not to mention the major changes in the present 2023 timeline.

Luckily, she still had a helping hand. It feels like a character study of how Konoha can adapt with her career and lie in general.
Dec 6, 2023 8:12 AM
Dec 2020
oh shit i haven't seen the past 5 eps
Dec 6, 2023 9:32 AM

May 2011
Thank you anime for showing that globalization sucks and each country should just do their own thing instead of trying to fit an all for one setting. We'd still have senran kagura alive and well in another parallel world. ;_;
Dec 6, 2023 10:34 AM

Jul 2017
Konoha finding herself in a dystopian 2023, and worse still, a Bill Tannen-like "old man" Mamoru who has changed alongside her since Alcohol Soft's success in 1999, the 2023 of Akihabara is unfortunately not what Konoha envisioned coming back to where she came from. And that Fate: Gears of Order...that looked intentionally bad.

Konoha learning that their 1999 game was a runaway success that operations moved to the US (same with other game publishers like Type-Moon), and Bishoujo definitely raised one bar where the OG Japanese counterparts are dying. The Steins;Gate and Yu-No time parallax apparently doesn't happen in this timeline, and Konoha gets bewildered about how Akibahara has changed into a Silicon Valley-ish place full of technology, that it looks just like any other Japanese city. And what Mamoru has devised about time parallel worlds, Konoha definitely is in an altered 2023 where she has no home to return to.

Konoha trying to understand how much of the alternate world has changed thanks to The Last Waltz, it has become the game she wanted to create with the company she loves, that puts her in this exact situation. Though the silver lining is that Alcohol Soft has become a global conglomerate, Konoha's dream become the thing that changed history. Despite that, Mamoru is still stuck to his PC-98 mindset with a warehouse full of PC-98 computer variants, while the others have gone to create names of their own. However, Mamoru suggesting that Konoha still has one more game box of 1999's Comic Party, go back to the same time and make another game that will become a rival, to restore the 2023 that Konoha knows. It's a gamble, but definitely a win-win approach with Konoha, Mamoru and his PC-98 supercomputers.

It's time to rewrite history once again, for the better.
Dec 6, 2023 10:41 AM

Apr 2022
saber from fate though lol. damn, a world without steins;gate.
Dec 6, 2023 10:47 AM

Mar 2021
So sad to see that the 2023 that Konoha came from no longer exists thanks to the game that her and Alcohol soft made was such a success that it pretty much moved Japans game industry to America leaving Akihabara to become nothing but a bland and generic Residential area
Dec 6, 2023 10:56 AM

Apr 2010
So Mamoru drives a Tesla but he is still obsessed with his old PC's which is funny.
And the anime is right about one thing and i mean no offense to the Americans here but if Americans are good at one thing it's ruining fiction from other countries.
Anyway the question now is will Konoha be able to change her own time in such a way that she won't have to do her boring job anymore.
Dec 6, 2023 11:00 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm who would had thought Akiba would end up being redeveloped into something that no longer resembles its orginal guise. Nice parady to the Fate stay night series though man the parody of Saber was creepy. Gotta feel for Konoha though seeing a world thats both familiar and yet completly alien to her. The states being the new homeland for Bishojo games now was quite the surprise. For a sec there i thought that warehouse would have all the Bishojo games that Konoha had ever played. Even as a adult looks like Mamoru's passion for the 98 has yet to fade. But this fight that Konoha is facing sure is going to be a hefty one for her opponent is the one person that knows her best.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2023 11:41 AM
Mar 2015
Eyyy, they made the meme real. Fate became an american franchise and thus Saber became ugly.

Dec 6, 2023 11:47 AM
Oct 2021
What's with that Jojober? Fate became a Jojo reference.
Dec 6, 2023 11:49 AM

Feb 2019
Wow man seeing Akiba so sterile and bland hurts. Yes, it’s a tourist trap crowded and full of people, but like Konoha said, that’s why we love it. There’s such a sense of magic anyone would get from walking around there. Funny how in this reality Ikebekuro has still become the spot where actual otaku in Tokyo hang out, just like in our real world lol. I’d replace Shibuya with Nakano irl though.

They made the western game dev meme come true by making the western version of FGO full of ugly characters lmao, wtf was that Artoria, man. Definitely a bleak future if that’s the state of VNs and Gacha games.

I think the idea of Last Waltz becoming TOO successful is actually pretty funny. They poured their hearts and souls into that game, maybe a little too much lol.

Mamoru’s idea of creating a separate timeline by going back and making another game is risky, but it might just be crazy enough to work. Nothing else to lose at this point for Konoha. Mamoru truly has become the modern Japanese adult though. Driving a Tesla and still using a PC 98 😂

Gonna be interesting to see how they resolve everything over these last few eps
Marinate1016Dec 6, 2023 11:57 AM
Dec 6, 2023 12:01 PM

Feb 2009
Based Alicesoft being the last company standing in Japan in this timeline.
Dec 6, 2023 12:29 PM

Aug 2011
And now we will get to see how Konoha fares with Toya's company as it's pretty obvious she will be working on a new game with her startup company when she returns to compete against Alcohol Soft. This reality goes to show that Konoha is the victim of her own success.
Dec 6, 2023 12:33 PM
Jun 2020
It's really weird people screaming "cuu" since, in my country, "cu" is "asshol...
Dec 6, 2023 12:40 PM

Nov 2016
They turned Saber into a beat em up chara. Perhaps they should call her Brawler now.

Everything but Akiba. It's like all life was sucked out of it in this alternative timeline. Poor Konoha. Okabe's suffering can't even begin to compare with this, it's hell xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 6, 2023 12:44 PM

May 2016
Reply to Aversa
So Mamoru drives a Tesla but he is still obsessed with his old PC's which is funny.
And the anime is right about one thing and i mean no offense to the Americans here but if Americans are good at one thing it's ruining fiction from other countries.
Anyway the question now is will Konoha be able to change her own time in such a way that she won't have to do her boring job anymore.
@Aversa I think you're generalizing a little too much here. As far as Hollywood and American corporations go, yes. They would ruin the entire anime industry if they were totally in control. However, not every studio(movies, games, etc.) are part of Hollywood or some corporation. There are plenty of people outside of Japan who make anime style products and would probably like to form their own anime studios.

I'm someone who would like to see Japanese anime combine with Western entertainment someday. It is possible, and it has before. If there's I'll give Rooster Teeth RWBY a lot of credit for is that they at least tried to blend the two worlds together, it's just that greed, bad writing, and poor decision making got the better of them(Monty Oum's death also didn't help). There's the original Avatar: The Last Aribender which combined both Japanese and Western style animation. And if we go way back, have you ever seen The Last Unicorn? While it was a Western production its animation was entirely done by a Japanese studio, the same studio that would go to form Studio Ghibli.

So yes, I say it is possible, you just need the right people in charge. And with the way Hollywood is going down the drain lately we might just see something like this happen in the future.

Frankly, this is the one episode I didn't like. Yes, the very thought of Japanese gaming and ever anime studios moving to America is shocking, but I don't think that it would've been an entirely bad thing. I believe something good could've come out of it too.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Dec 6, 2023 1:12 PM
May 2016
I swear to God i'll watch it all despite her voice
first time I've ever got annoyed by japanese dub
Dec 6, 2023 1:13 PM

Jun 2012
"Be careful what you wish for" i remember how i wished in 2000's games become more mainstream, and modern games are so much worse, especially AAA ones...
Dec 6, 2023 1:13 PM
Jun 2022
where is it at, is the episode delayed today?
Dec 6, 2023 1:39 PM

Jul 2021
Was that a dig at Western games for having ugly female characters lol
Dec 6, 2023 2:01 PM
Nov 2022
bruh
She literally moved the culture from one country to another ._.

There were a lot of references in this episode, gooooood

Ok now the United States controls the moe market, but did 9/11 still happen? xddd
Dec 6, 2023 2:20 PM
Aug 2020
she knew it when she changes the past, i was sad for her but yes,i blame her...

now she is lucky that the solution can probably fix everything...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Dec 6, 2023 2:52 PM
Dec 2022
I'd like to play FGO, which has a design similar to Tomb Raider, but I feel like I'd get bored of it once I played it and laughed out loud.
Dec 6, 2023 2:55 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Well, Yu-no came in 1996 so it should have existed even in this future (since everything changed after 1999).
But regardless nice episode.
Dec 6, 2023 3:23 PM

Jan 2017
As a big Type-Moon fan and a huge Saber simp I would Isekai myself out of that world in a heartbeat! This episode will definitely give me nightmares...

Also that absolute meta power move to cast Kawasumi Ayako as Kaori so that in later episode she can also dub the Murica Saber with the proper voice!

God this is so cursed... But at least we know that Konoha is a person with great taste as she rolled for SSR OG Saber!
Dudi4PoLFrDec 6, 2023 3:36 PM
Dec 6, 2023 3:34 PM

Mar 2020
Interesting episode for sure, but I don't know whether this "jab" at Western games was the best direction to go with. Whatever the case may be, it made for some funny moments. I'm just not sure that "Westernizing" games is inherently a bad thing, but there would probably be an absence of the original culture of something like bishoujo. Three episodes left, and the future will be rewritten once again.
Dec 6, 2023 3:57 PM
May 2017
Another very good episode! Mamoru is the most important man in Konoha's life.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Dec 6, 2023 4:52 PM

Jun 2019
That's what happens when you westernize a game and triple A it, it ends up looking bland, but no style. All those games are focused on shiny reflections because they're also ads for graphics card. No substance.
Dec 6, 2023 4:52 PM

Dec 2010
This episode made me cry OMG. A world without all the VNs and bishoujo
Dec 6, 2023 5:07 PM

Sep 2016
The FGO parody had be going XD
Dec 6, 2023 6:38 PM

Sep 2023
I'm wondering why didn't Mamoru use his chance to make PC-98 popular back then in the past when he made some inprovised versions of it.
Dec 6, 2023 7:00 PM

Aug 2016
A world were Japan didn't gatekeep the VNs and now are probably westernized woke trash? Yeah, fix that Konoha and bring back Steins Gate
:v
Dec 6, 2023 7:00 PM

Jul 2008
At first it was like: "What da…?!"
It was so nightmarish…

But close to the end, there was light…

I hope there's hope at the end of the series.
My candies:
Dec 6, 2023 7:03 PM

Jul 2008
Reply to 1nvader
Eyyy, they made the meme real. Fate became an american franchise and thus Saber became ugly.

@1nvader XD rofl X'D lmao XD
My candies:
Dec 6, 2023 7:08 PM

Jul 2008
Reply to Dudi4PoLFr
As a big Type-Moon fan and a huge Saber simp I would Isekai myself out of that world in a heartbeat! This episode will definitely give me nightmares...

Also that absolute meta power move to cast Kawasumi Ayako as Kaori so that in later episode she can also dub the Murica Saber with the proper voice!

God this is so cursed... But at least we know that Konoha is a person with great taste as she rolled for SSR OG Saber!
@Dudi4PoLFr

That Western Saber is fuel for nightmares!!!!

Why didn't you post it inside a spoiler button?!!!
My candies:
Dec 6, 2023 7:22 PM
Jan 2022
man konoha's density gives harem MCs a run for their money. like, how did you not expect all of this, and at the very least, why do you seemingly refuse to comprehend it even when it's staring you in the face
Dec 6, 2023 7:48 PM

Jul 2011
We did it! Anime is ours!

This was a pretty sad episode, as Konoha was in a timeline that wasn't hers. Her breakdown was done well. I'm wondering how she'll fix everything.
Dec 6, 2023 8:40 PM
Apr 2021
One of the surprise mystery hit for me this season. Didn’t expect it to hook me in week after week to find out what’s going on with this time travelling story.
Dec 6, 2023 10:20 PM
Nov 2018
Konoha is frustrating to watch. She completely changed the past and expected her future to not change. If she was a true fan of anime and games and had a little common sense she would know better. Her new plan isn't any better. I'm betting by the end it's going to be a mixture of both presents mixed together or something like that.
Dec 6, 2023 10:26 PM

Mar 2015
Probably my favorite episode yet, really interested to see if they actually can combine the two possible futures into 1 and save alcohol soft!
Dec 7, 2023 1:15 AM

Sep 2010
That's a crazy plan coming from Mamoru. All I would be able to think of is to use Comic Party to go back and prevent the Last Waltz from being made, then smuggle the other games out of Konoha's backpack and erase their previous game, Horoscope, for good measure.

So... somehow you have to allow The Last Waltz to be released, while tempering American interest in it. Maybe it's like... if you knew Infiniminer would change the world for worse, you release Minecraft to divert attention... -although that spawns a future in which a lot of people (streamers, modders, artists) can only do what they do because Minecraft exists. -and Infiniminer would hardly be the only game Minecraft has diverted players' attention from.

As for mixing of cultures... I recall a video suggesting that Kung Fu Panda was a better martial arts film than what China was putting out at the time, as if the lineage of martial arts films had passed to an American company.
Also, I'm not aware of any game with a better anime-like artstyle than Genshin Impact, made by a Chinese company.
Dec 7, 2023 1:49 AM

Mar 2008
Must be really weird to realize you possibly erased where you came from. Konoha is just lucky she didnt stop herself from being born or something.

I am not sure I understand what plan Mamoru has end goal is. Is it to create two parallel timelines to exist together by linking the past with his present by creating a game during that time and bringing it back to 1999? Or is the plan to overwrite his current timeline with one more similar to Konoha's original timeline but not too different from his current timeline? Oh well I guess we will see.

Aversa said:
And the anime is right about one thing and i mean no offense to the Americans here but if Americans are good at one thing it's ruining fiction from other countries

Eh well it isn't portrayed as being ported to the US but an alternate timeline where it is coming from the US (presumably this sounded like it meant immigrants as part of it to explain why some of the same games were created) so naturally it would develop differently.. ...but that aside I generally agree with the statement about ruining fiction from other countries at least for current time anyway at least.
Dec 7, 2023 1:51 AM

Jul 2015
In this episode we have learned what happens when gatekeepers sleep at their posts.

Dec 7, 2023 3:21 AM
Jan 2023
It actually hurt to see how lifeless Akiba had become.
Dec 7, 2023 3:37 AM
Jan 2018
Man, what a scary world that would’ve been, haha. American anime sucks, and I’m glad we never got that monstrosity in our timeline. Same goes for Korean webtoons, thank god that’s niché because you do not want that to become mainstream, ever!
Dec 7, 2023 4:03 AM
Sep 2015
While the hypothetical American visual novel games seem vastly inferior to the Japanese, one thing we can all agree on is that working condition in US is better than Japan.
Dec 7, 2023 4:29 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So the USA just became Japan when it comes to games, damn xD But going back to 1999 to make another game to change this timeline could work I guess
Dec 7, 2023 4:53 AM

Oct 2017
Damn bro what a nightmare, I don't even wanna think about such a world.
Dec 7, 2023 8:00 AM

Aug 2020
Another nice episode. Mamoru grew old, and Konoha reached to the present... but not the present she came from. Changing this chaos in the industry The Last Waltz created is up to them now. It's a shame there are only two episodes left... I hope this series will have a great finale.

Dec 7, 2023 9:04 AM

Feb 2021
The American ruin anything lol

That was an interesting alt reality there, one that I haven't really seen anyone talk about it before...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2023

110 by HandStuckInTable »»
May 7, 3:10 PM

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2023

88 by Trentsuki »»
Apr 27, 12:19 PM

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2023

73 by lasodamos »»
Apr 11, 2:11 PM

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2023

126 by lasodamos »»
Apr 1, 1:49 PM

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2023

79 by GavrocheN7 »»
Mar 21, 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.