Forum Settings
Forums

Is it bad that I enjoy harem and isekai anime?

New
Dec 4, 2022 7:53 PM
Sep 2021
Am I guilty for actually liking harem and isekai anime despite people claiming they're "boring" and "lame" genres? Do you feel that way as me? I seem to enjoy most harems and isekais that just made me feel like a weird person on the inside. I get so fed up with people saying they're killing the industry or that. It makes no sense at all as they're just expressing their hatred for the genres. I know people have their biases in what they say, but their biases are slowly turning into facts at this point. Does anyone here think I chose the wrong path? I know I like to watch anime of different genres but I feel like a weird person for liking harem and isekais as most people hate these kinds of anime and don't understand how peopl can enjoy them too. Is there anyone here that actually likes watching these that feels this way as me and think they're weird-minded. I feel like the only person in the entire world who likes these genres, I mean, I like anime of many genres. However, the community seems to view harem and isekai as the black sheep of anime genres.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 4, 2022 8:05 PM

Oct 2022
I'm personally not a fan harem and I rarely go on to watch an isekai anime. But everyone have taste. What they like and what they don't. At least having shit taste (or what they say) is probably better then having no taste at all. At least you have personality. Don't let to mfs tell you what to enjoy and what to not enjoy. Just enjoy what you enjoy.

There's no objectively in enjoying entertainment media.
Dec 4, 2022 8:07 PM

May 2012
The reason there's so many harem and isekai anime nowadays is literally because they're popular. It may not seem like it, but you are in the majority in this case.

I wouldn't worry yourself over what some people say online about certain genres. Worrying over it is just gonna ruin the fun in watching anime for you.
Dec 4, 2022 8:09 PM

Jul 2021
yes it's very bad. they are the most trash genres out there. stick to action and psychological genres. real anime fans only watch these genres of animes. there's still time to change yourself, go watch lain, elfen lied, death note, paprika, perfect blue. all isekai's are trash and harem even trashier.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 4, 2022 8:12 PM
Sep 2021
TsutanaiFuun said:
yes it's very bad. they are the most trash genres out there. stick to action and psychological genres. real anime fans only watch these genres of animes. there's still time to change yourself, go watch lain, elfen lied, death note, paprika, perfect blue. all isekai's are trash and harem even trashier.
Why not touch some grass, unless you're being sarcastic. Alsoz your waifu comes from an isekai anime tho.
KanekiKen523Dec 4, 2022 8:17 PM
Dec 4, 2022 8:13 PM

Jun 2017
Of course not. Isekai, i know, is pretty much the most popular genre and one of the most common to see. People do hate them but don't let them take away somehting you like.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Dec 4, 2022 8:16 PM

Apr 2022
Yes you are a bad person for liking harems and isekai. In fact I think you are scum and don’t deserve to live and just to rectify that I’m going to use Hokuto shinken on you.

*roars until shirt rips open to reveal muscular, chiseled body*

“ATATATATATATAATATATATATATATATATA WATA”

Hundred crack fists.

Omae wa mou shindeiru.

Now just to wait until you say “Nani”
Dec 4, 2022 8:16 PM
Oct 2019
No, it's not bad that you enjoy these genres. People are allowed to have different taste. Additionally, while the genres themselves are often criticized for being oversaturated and repetitive, there are a few stand out titles such as Re:Zero, Jobless Reincarnation, Konosuba, and No Game No Life, which do enough to differentiate themselves from standard isekai anime to become pretty popular anime despite being part of the most widely hated genre (at least, the most widely hated genre in the west. I guess they're probably pretty popular over in Japan, since they keep getting made)
Dec 4, 2022 8:17 PM

Sep 2020
No, you don’t have to care about what others think, just watch what you like.
Dec 4, 2022 8:19 PM
Sep 2021
Runasius said:
Yes you are a bad person for liking harems and isekai. In fact I think you are scum and don’t deserve to live and just to rectify that I’m going to use Hokuto shinken on you.

Hundred crack fists.

Omae wa mou shindeiru.

Why are you so childish? Is this sarcasm?
Dec 4, 2022 8:21 PM

Nov 2018
KanekiKen523 said:
Runasius said:

Hundred crack fists.

Omae wa mou shindeiru.

Why are you so childish? Is this sarcasm?

Thank god you pointed out the sarcasm, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Dec 4, 2022 8:22 PM
Aug 2018
Why would it be bad lol you enjoy what you enjoy man

Just watch what you enjoy not what will make you look like you have good taste or some shit

Dec 4, 2022 8:30 PM

Jul 2016
what on earth are you talking about with choosing the right path when it comes to watching anime... you've got a flair for the dramatics, don't you?
Dec 4, 2022 8:37 PM

Feb 2020
"the only person in the entire world who likes these genres" lol
harem is the best
isekai is alright
nothin to be ashamed about

Dec 4, 2022 8:38 PM

May 2020
Of course it's bad. As you know, taste is not subjective, and is a matter of morality. The fact that you like things that some other people don't like makes you an evil person.

For real, enjoy whatever you want. It's only a good thing being able to enjoy stuff.
Dec 4, 2022 8:52 PM

Sep 2021
100% guilty, please give up your anime-watching license immediately~

No but really, like basically everyone else in this thread has said, just watch what you enjoy. You even said it yourself: "I know I like to watch anime of different genres". And there's nothing wrong with that. I feel like when you mentioned being on the right path, you kind of implied that you want watch certain anime to make sure that you look a certain way to people checking out your profile or anime list? Like you're worried about how other people see you.

But honestly, you can't help but like what you like- watching certain shows and avoiding others just to please other people, is just going to make you miserable. That aside, I promise you're not the only one who likes harem and isekai anime- you're not a weird person for liking them at all. Different people like different genres, that's all there is to it. Don't let people control what you let yourself enjoy.

We can always go somewhere again.
โœงโœงโœงโœงโœงโœง
profile โœง watching โœง art credit

Dec 4, 2022 9:07 PM

Feb 2022
No. Not at all. You can like whatever genre u want to.
Dec 4, 2022 10:30 PM

May 2020
"path"? You're taking this too seriously. Just enjoy what you enjoy.
If you really feel like you're the only one who like those genres,then why don't you hang out in the fandom more?
โ”โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”“
WHY
Is HoneyComeBear so Underrated?

โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”—โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”›
Dec 4, 2022 10:50 PM

Feb 2020
What does it matter? You can enjoy whatever you want! :)

SerafosDec 5, 2022 5:42 AM
Dec 5, 2022 12:01 AM

Dec 2018
Yes. Unless you convert from your hedonistic pagan ways you’ll find yourself plunged into the depth of hell, forsaken by our heavenly mistress Madoka

Dec 5, 2022 12:11 AM

Oct 2013
No, you do you. I wish everyone loves harem isekai so the anime industry will only focus on making harem isekai, resulting in I can watch all the good shows faster because the amount of good shows is diminishing.
Dec 5, 2022 12:14 AM

Jun 2017
Just focus on enjoying what you like! No one really cares at the end of the day what you enjoy so just go for it. Sometimes I feel like that in regards to my anime taste but I remember at the end of the day I'm not hurting anyone with what I enjoy, so fuck it I'm just gonna watch what I want
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Dec 5, 2022 12:34 AM
Jan 2012
It's obviously bad, all anime is. Even watching just one will earn you a one way ticket to heck, at least that's what my pastor said, and he ain't the type to lie.
Dec 5, 2022 12:43 AM
Jul 2018
Well... More or less, you can watch and enjoy whatever you want, as long as you don't overrate it. Enjoy what you love. Except for Boku no pico.
Dec 5, 2022 12:46 AM

May 2019
No it is not bad to enjoy harem and isekai anime, you're free to enjoy whichever anime you like, there is no right or wrong answers, it's all about personal tastes and preferences.
Dec 5, 2022 12:51 AM

Jun 2017
If you like them individually it's bad, very bad, but if you like harem-isekai combinations like Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... you're all right because everyone knows two negatives make a positive.

Dec 5, 2022 12:51 AM

Feb 2021
If you enjoy it then just watch it. Doesn't matter what others say.
Dec 5, 2022 1:21 AM

Sep 2021
not really, i mean hey, if someone likes something that i dont like i really couldn't care less or vice versa
getting offended cause of something like that never really occurred to me as something sensible
just watch what you like
Dec 5, 2022 1:35 AM

Jun 2022
Don't worry, it's not bad, I'm sure there are more people enjoy the same like you so don't worry about it.
It's just other's preference after all.
Dec 5, 2022 1:49 AM
Nov 2022
Isekai is fine. Harem? Nah you're weird.
Dec 5, 2022 1:54 AM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
To all isekai fans:-

No dude, it’s not wrong to enjoy isekai
It’s an evolutionary advantage
Ur tastes are not only able to adapt to the changing landscape but also flourishing in it
It’s a good thing don’t let the haters get to you

The haters are jobless

Dec 5, 2022 2:03 AM

Mar 2020
Nah man
Enjoy what you like that's the way to do so.
Dec 5, 2022 2:19 AM
Feb 2018
Watch what you want. I enjoy isekai harem my favorites are death March to the parallel world rhapsody and in Another World with my smartphone
Dec 5, 2022 2:34 AM

Dec 2021
Any one who convinces you that it is bad is human trash.
Rosa Umineko Drip

The Witch of Badassery.
Dec 5, 2022 2:58 AM

Dec 2018
No, it's nothing wrong with that at all

I get a lot of aggressive responses because I love Yuri and lesbian ships in anime. But why should I care about angry homophobes? They are just pathetic, no need to waste my energy on them

Some like battle shounen, some like Drama, some like romance, some people like horror. I love cute little anime girls that are nice to each other, love each other and care for each other, and lesbian kissing,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

It might be boring for some people. But I really enjoy it so why should I care that some people are so insecure they can't handle it when others like other stuff than they do? It's ridiculous childish behavior and should be ignored. People should be free to enjoy their art even if some haters can't handle it =)

Yuri-CrusaderDec 5, 2022 3:02 AM
Dec 5, 2022 3:47 AM

Aug 2018
yes, stop watching harem and isekai anime
Dec 5, 2022 4:03 AM

Feb 2022
It's entertainment. If there was any part of life where other peoples opinions don't matter it would be in what entertainment you choose to watch and enjoy. I've watched my fair share of anime and isekai and fantasy are some of my favorites, even the bad ones are fun to watch to me. You do you, there is no wrong way or bad way to enjoy anime. Also you're definitely not the only person to like the genres especially isekai. They make so many of them for good reason, they sell well and people enjoy them. I mean you can see a lot of hate for Superhero movies but that doesn't stop them from making a billion dollars half the time.
Dec 5, 2022 4:24 AM

Jul 2010
KanekiKen523 said:
Am I guilty for actually liking harem and isekai anime despite people claiming they're "boring" and "lame" genres? Do you feel that way as me? I seem to enjoy most harems and isekais that just made me feel like a weird person on the inside. I get so fed up with people saying they're killing the industry or that. It makes no sense at all as they're just expressing their hatred for the genres. I know people have their biases in what they say, but their biases are slowly turning into facts at this point. Does anyone here think I chose the wrong path? I know I like to watch anime of different genres but I feel like a weird person for liking harem and isekais as most people hate these kinds of anime and don't understand how peopl can enjoy them too. Is there anyone here that actually likes watching these that feels this way as me and think they're weird-minded. I feel like the only person in the entire world who likes these genres, I mean, I like anime of many genres. However, the community seems to view harem and isekai as the black sheep of anime genres.

If they're so boring and lame as people say why anime industry is forcing them so much? They obviously have a big fanbase and bring tons of money, especially in Japan and that's number one priority for them, not us pirates from overseas or us with 5 dollars sub on a legal streaming anime sites. Not at all, I enjoy them too, so it's not weird to watch things you like. Yeah, we only need drama, suspense, tragic ending where almost everyone dies. lol It isn't uncommon for people to hate what they dislike, it's not tied just to anime. I don't know how hating on some fan-made sites makes something fact. My advise is to just continue to watch what you like and don't pay attention to what "geniuses" say to us "weird-minded", and like I mentioned in the beginning you're definitely not the only one who enjoy them.
Dec 5, 2022 5:09 AM

Feb 2014
You do you, my dude, don't bother about what other people think.
Dec 5, 2022 5:23 AM

May 2022
Don't let other people discourage you from watching them, If you like watching them then watch them. We all have different genres we enjoy.
Dec 5, 2022 5:37 AM
โ™ก( โ€ขเฅขโ—ก-เฅข)โœงห–ยฐ โ™ก

Dec 2014
It's no fun trying to defend or comfort you since it's a given that many people here do that, so I'll just roast you instead...

Yes it's very bad that you even enjoy isekai, that speaks how criminal your taste is. go seek a salvation on nearby police stations.

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ ๐“˜ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฑ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ช ๐”€๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฏ๐“พ๐“ต ๐“ญ๐“ช๐”‚ ♥
Dec 5, 2022 5:53 AM

Apr 2012
Don't let society shame you for your hobbies, especially if there's nothing wrong with it and criticism of it is just a trend.
Dec 5, 2022 5:53 AM

Jul 2019
Ye man liking that stuff is a clear sign of low intellect and dormant brain disorders. I suggest you start watching better cartoons at your earliest convenience...
Dec 5, 2022 6:03 AM
Oct 2020
Personally I am not a harem fan so won't give my opinion, but yeah some isekai are a good watch so nothing is bad watching them
Dec 5, 2022 11:55 AM

May 2020
Everyone has the right to watch what they enjoy and have their own taste, nothing wrong with that.
Dec 5, 2022 12:05 PM
Jan 2016
Silencer010 said:
Everyone has the right to watch what they enjoy and have their own taste, nothing wrong with that.

Well said. As an avid gamer, the isekai genre has always appealed to me. If there's one genre that's really gone stale for me, it's the magic school stuff, and even that can be done well if some thought is put into it.
Dec 5, 2022 12:15 PM
Jul 2018
Nah man, don't let the hate online get to you. If a show ~*sparks joy*~ for you, then keep watching it! Who cares about random strangers' opinions. They're probably unhappy with their lives and just taking it out on other people.

For example, I love Chainsaw Man, but I know it's popular right now to hate on it just to be edgy or whatever. But I don't let it bother me. I like it, it's my free time to do what I want, and that's that. Some people are just miserable and they're not enjoying anything, so they want to take away others' enjoyment, too.
Dec 5, 2022 3:24 PM
Sep 2017
No, it's not. I enjoy them too. I don't really have a pacific genre, if it's good, it's good.
Dec 5, 2022 3:52 PM

Jan 2022
Unless your pastime is microwaving hamsters or something, you should never let anyone talk you out of enjoying the things that make you happy. If you like Isekai and Harem then who cares what randos on the internet think. Just do you and have a good time.
-insert NGE meme here-
Dec 5, 2022 3:54 PM

Sep 2020
Yes, it's bad. You're supposed to think of them as worse than 60 ft of crap.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

44 by Gensouori »»
2 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 9 hours ago

47 by LoveYourEyes »»
9 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

48 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
9 minutes ago

» Describe an anime in a funny way.

NOTAGLOWIE - Mar 2, 2022

36 by Lhundrup »»
10 minutes ago

» Which are the cutest anime girl pout scenes ? (not fan arts but real scenes)

DarkGamerA - Jul 8, 2022

21 by Horshu »»
14 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.