Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2022 5:38 AM

Nov 2011
Ah, got some more actual fishing with friends. It's also cool this episode makes use of bait and its importance.

And oof that embrace. I love how with every episode, the character connections between the cast gets stronger and stronger. Ichika is also so fun to watch in this show.
Feb 4, 2022 6:03 AM

Apr 2010
Nice to see the girls making friends in such a way.
The fishing part was also nice the bug part was funny with the girls teasing each other.
Still the school part seemed a bit sad.
Feb 4, 2022 6:11 AM

Feb 2020
Yet another fluffy and wholesome episode.

It's really cool how educational this show is. As usual, we got some useful information about fishing and cooking.

Hyiori's reaction was hilarious. Yeah, I'm also not a big fan of bugs.

Ichika's overreaction was also pure gold, haha. She's such a funny character.

Poor Futaba, though. I felt sad for her. However, the ending was heartwarming. She became friends with Hiyori. I can't wait to see them fishing together. :)

It's a promise! ^_^

SerafosMar 7, 9:38 PM
Feb 4, 2022 6:15 AM

Apr 2016
While there certainly are sports/hobbies/work that when being done by a girl/boy people will be surprised, thats just how it is ... But i absolutely have no clue where this show gets the ida that fishing is one of those, literally anyone was and is fishing. Still the entire boat segment was gold lol.

Also good on Futaba, now she has a bunch of onee-sans to look up to.
Feb 4, 2022 6:21 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Fishing directly on the boat with the worms is great, and they had some nice catch, the cooking part was also nice but poor Futaba misjudged at school because of her activities preferences :( but that end of episode was really cute so the problem is fixed!
Feb 4, 2022 6:24 AM

Apr 2014
If you love to fish, you can't run away from those disgusting worms. lol
The Futaba's dramatic school part was sad. That's one of the main problems of Japanese school life after all.
AkeZZZFeb 4, 2022 6:28 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Feb 4, 2022 7:11 AM
Jul 2018
Wow, the scene between Hiyori and her dad was really sweet and wholesome. Hoping to see more of these flashback scenes. I don't blame Hiyori for being afraid of the bug bait though.
Feb 4, 2022 7:31 AM

Jul 2021
This episode was the best one till now.

Wholesome x100. Cuteness x100.

We see Futaba back story in this episode and why she stopped fishing and the reason behind her asking Hiyori that question, got little teary-eyed when Futaba was speaking but then the Ichika scene and Koharu asking to be hugged too scene happened and I was LMAO.

We also see smol Hiyori again, she was adorable.

Everyone has gone fishing this time, just the kids + Ichika, that was fun.

It was cute when Hiyori asked Futaba to be friends :D

5/5 episode. Looking forward to next one.
TsutanaiFuunFeb 4, 2022 7:46 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Feb 4, 2022 8:28 AM

Jul 2017
Moe Hiyori is enthusiastic, and so is Koharu. To bad that Koi's dad needs to attend an interview, otherwise everything about fishing takes precedence.

Ichika's lil' sis Futaba is back, and knowing her harsh criticisms last episode on Hiyori, aside from the apology I understand where she comes from, a mere 10-year-old doing things that boys does that why can't girls do as well. Hiyori trying to explain her past to Futaba, and it's all about perception...though Ichika crying when drunk is about the most absurd thing ever. Koharu trying to play the older sis part of Hiyori feels...wholesome?

Fishing as a group in the open seas, and Koi makes an exception for Futaba to join along for the fishing expedition. As expected, Futaba is also quite knowledgeable, even more so than Hiyori...despite her fear of bugs with worms used as bait. Koharu really is enjoying more fishing, and catching rare ones like scorpionfish (which is just a type of rockfish) reaps the fun.

The afterparty of cooking caught fish (most of it being hose mackerel) is the same with Koharu's cooking segment which is always infotainment fun to watch and livens up Koi's household for a family-like eating session.

The takeaway that Futaba gained a friend in Hiyori is a sweet and cute ending. There is joy in being friends doing what you love...together, again.
Feb 4, 2022 8:45 AM
Jan 2021
What is going on over at Funimation? Anybody else notice the background image for this week's episode?

TheHubrisofManFeb 4, 2022 8:59 AM
Feb 4, 2022 12:40 PM

May 2021
Great episode! The other reason Hiyori does fly fishing is because she is scared of insects! They bring Futaba on board also. Koharu and her Rockabye fish pronunciation was very funny xD. Hiyori also caught many fish as well.
Koharu ends up making namero!
Futaba stopped playing with the boys in her class because the girls were making fun of her and saying girls shouldn't play with boys and fish etc... I'm happy she feels better in the end though!
Koharu got inspired by that touching moment and wanted to hug Hiyori lol.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Feb 4, 2022 2:06 PM

Feb 2019
This show is so damn fluffy and wholesome man. Futaba and ichika’s moment was perfect. Just goes to show you can live with someone and not know how they’re feeling! Glad they worked it out!
Feb 4, 2022 3:21 PM

Nov 2019
Bait fishing on a boat sure is drastically different to fly fishing, but it looks fun too (also rip Hiyori with bugs)

Futaba's issue is finally resolved, and its nice as to how Hiyori answered it, and even befriending her after it....their little promise scene is perfect~! Its so sweet to see Futaba gain some more older females in her life who also fish after that incident in her school

Hiyori gaining confidence is another great thing to see~

One thing for sure, there should be a manzai act with Koi and Koharu after all those voice-overs during the previews, they sure would make a solid duo
Feb 4, 2022 3:24 PM

Nov 2016
Knew that I would end up liking Ichika the most.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 4, 2022 3:32 PM
Jan 2021
drunk Ichika is soo funny.
Feb 4, 2022 4:59 PM

Apr 2015
Being afraid of bugs, isn't gonna help you with bait fishing that's for sure! That boat trip seemed to be a lot of fun and I loved to see that Futaba joined them.

Man this show really turns up it's coziness and wholesomeness to the max quick. Seeing everyone enjoy dinner was great to see. Koharu is definitely a cooking prodigy at that age, love how enthusiastic she is when she can cook something new.

So Ichika is actually old enough to drink, here I was thinking she would be just a few years older than Hiyori. Had the feeling that Futaba's hobby was not accepted among her friends classmates. Crying (drunk) Ichika when she heard about Futaba's story was pretty adorable yet funny in a way.
Feb 4, 2022 7:51 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Loved this episode, Hiyori being scared of bugs is very relatable, I’m good with regular worms but not stuff like that lol, too bad she didn’t take a page out of Breakwater and use imitations, and the moment was hilarious too. I also loved when the girls cheered up Futaba about her liking fishing, fishing deserves to be enjoyed by anyone, and it’s also not wrong to enjoy doing boyish things, a shame her friends don’t know about the cultured tomboy approach lol. Very wholesome as always.
Feb 4, 2022 8:17 PM

Aug 2020
good comfy episode. It is atleast entertaining for me

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Feb 4, 2022 8:48 PM

Jul 2016
I swear I can barely handle the level of wholesomeness this show has. Futaba-chan is so precious omfg.

Another fluffy episode. I'm glad Futaba's insecurities were cleared up and having Hiyori gaining more and more confidence is such a heartwarming thing to see as well.

Damn "friends" tho. And to think we could have had another magnificent tomboy like Ichika :/
Feb 5, 2022 12:33 AM

Sep 2018
Loved it, best episode yet. Koharu waiting for a hug after the sisters hugged it out was hilarious.
Feb 5, 2022 5:15 AM

Oct 2016
Hngh, I fucking love this show. Perfect show to recharge my energy after a tiring day of work, didn't have to make me cry this episode though.

Smol Hiyori is so cute, that flashback was just 100% unadulterated wholesomeness. Though big Hiyori is also very cute, especially when she was shirking from those worms "hyah." Koharu's "Yo, yo" caught me off guard lmao, the random bullshit she says sometimes just cracks me up all the time.

They made Futaba sad, welp, time to beat up some kids. Seriously though, that kind of stuff really happens, which sucks.

Man, I really love the family bonding in this show. Can't wait for the next episode.
Feb 5, 2022 6:05 AM

Feb 2014
The boat fishing trip was definitely fun to watch as both Koharu and Hiyori were learning about how bait fishing worked. I can understand as to why Hiyori prefers fly fishing as she was very scared of the worm bait that gets used. Her reactions, along with Koharu being herself as usual, was funny. XD

One main thing that I really liked about this episode was how it focused a lot on Futaba. Considering the fishing business that her family is involved with, it's relatable that she prefers to play in the outdoors compared to the other girls her age in her school, which gave off the whole assumption from those girls which Futaba was saddened to hear, which makes it more understandable as to why she asked Hiyori before about if it was weird for a girl to enjoy fishing at all.

Thanks to the support of everyone during the party, mainly from Hiyori, Koharu and her drunk older sister, Ichika, Futaba got the reassurance she needed to be happy with what she likes to do. As an added bonus, Hiyori personally asked Futaba to become friends with her, which was very touching and heartwarming. ^_^

I can't wait to see more of Futaba, along with her best friend at school, in future episodes!
Feb 5, 2022 6:06 AM

Apr 2020
More fishing and now with Futaba and Ichika on the loop...pun---

Futaba's experience at school leaves something to be desired. Tackling with the issue of gender and how one should behave and of course the Japanese certified "reading the room" at play. Of course her lovely senpais are there to support her, and maybe she'll be friends again with the bois.

And finally we have bait fishing (this is what I live for). Nice to see a scorpion fish in the Slow Loop wilderness and once again cooking tips for the family at home. A better episode than the usual.
Feb 5, 2022 6:14 AM

Mar 2018
Quite the heart warming episode if I must say.

Feb 5, 2022 3:01 PM

May 2021
It would be interesting if they charm the friend of Futaba into fishing, I really like this arc, much better than the bland start

Feb 5, 2022 3:20 PM

Aug 2018
Nice chapter.
So that's what it was about Futaba. But hey, he already "solved" his problem. The scene with Ichika and also with Hiyori at the end was nice.
Feb 5, 2022 8:38 PM

Oct 2008
This episode is so precious and healing and so chill especially Futaba-chan! HHHNNNGGG!!! >.<
5/5.

Feb 5, 2022 9:07 PM

Jul 2019
In all this wholesomness I am now annoyed that in my childhood I didn't grapple with anyone with my pinky to make friends. Futaba and Ichika best sisters.
Feb 5, 2022 11:48 PM

Nov 2021
This show is wayyy better than I thought it could be
Feb 6, 2022 6:35 AM

Sep 2018
Episode that does not disappoint me, charms me with its comedy and its sympathy, let's also put that it also manages to move, I would say that I can be satisfied, not being a masterpiece, but his dirty work, this anime, does it very well. The question posed by the character of Futaba is now cleared of customs, but in Japanese society, in which the collective has a more marked conditioning on the single individual, because the conception of thought in Japanese society is not very individualistic, perhaps many taboos are difficult to unhinge. Excellent comedy, in addition to Koharu and Koi, the character of Ichika arrives to lend a hand and make the narration and the dialogues even more fun, as happens in the previews at the end of the episode, with Koi and Koharu.

Serafos said:

Hyiori's reaction was hilarious. x3 Yeah, I'm also not a big fan of bugs.

This scene is gold, because in addition to the reaction of Hiyori, Koi and Kohaku, they also make the verse. XD
Feb 6, 2022 7:52 AM

Aug 2014
Futaba and Ichika really stole the show on this one. It was great that they acknowledged the issues instead of brushing them off which did lead to a much better outcome. Great episode from Slow Loop as usual.

"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Feb 6, 2022 8:11 AM
Feb 2016
Slow Loop is definitely the hidden gem of this season.
Feb 7, 2022 11:09 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Little Hiyori was adorable. Taking active protection measures before going out fishing is pretty important after all but Koi's was a bit extreme. Futaba's knowledge of bait fishing though was pretty good. Its rare indeed to see Hiyori be unable to do something related to fishing. The combo of Koharu catching something paired with Koi's explanation really made their trip interesting. Making food together with Koi's family really was a warm moment. Koharu's cooking skills really is a potent glue for the bonding with Hiyori's mother. But the meal that they prepared really looked delicious while also providing a great bonding opportunity for everyone present to deepen their bonds as well. It was sad to see Futaba having to deal with such a such a difficult choice at so young an age. Having to decide between being seen as normal or someone that prefers to go about their own hobbies and hence being labelled really is harsh. Overall a very warm ep that featured a nice combo of character expansion, plot advancement and bonding moments between the main and support casts with a little education thrown in as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2022 6:54 AM
Oct 2013
This is it, my search for an actually good slice of life series is finally over. The first half is the usual fishing antics (was that a Yorimoi reference when Koharu said their adventure begins?). The second half though, is slice of life done right. The subtle hint of each characters sorrow, the way Futaba was fleshed out in just one episode and the resulting dynamics with the rest, everything hit the right spot. Each episode keeps getting better. At this rate, if they keep exploring each character the way they did, this series may end up as one of top-tier SOL in a long time.
Feb 10, 2022 8:59 AM

Jun 2013
Futaba must be protected at all costs
Feb 10, 2022 10:38 AM

May 2011
futaba too cute. must protecc.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 11, 2022 1:24 AM

Sep 2020
The fish cuisines as usual look so delicious! Also Futaba is very cute~
Quite surprising Hiyori is afraid of bugs.
Feb 11, 2022 4:21 AM

May 2020
Feel like it will take some time for Hiyori to get accustomed to bait fishing, though loved how casual Koharu was even with those many worms in her hands. And again some of those reactions were pure gold.
Feb 11, 2022 1:21 PM

Oct 2007
glad to see that Futaba has some fishing companions now. Nothing wrong playing with the boys, and certainly nothing wrong with a girl who likes fishing.

food looks delicious as always. :)
Feb 24, 2022 9:19 PM
Sep 2020
This series gives me sm dopamine (´,,>ω<,,`)
Mar 30, 2022 5:58 AM

Oct 2010
An emotional episode. Glad that she got reassurance that theres nothing wrong with girls fishing.
Apr 21, 2022 2:17 AM

Dec 2009
A very important and relevant interaction.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
May 19, 2022 11:38 AM

Jul 2015
Must not make Futaba sad, must protecc her.
Gotta love how Koharu also wants to give a hug to Hiyori just like drunk Ichika does to Futaba.

Sep 8, 2022 10:50 AM

Aug 2018
Futaba has quite some fishing experience, it seems..
Koharu gets more time to spend with her new mom.. More than we see Hiyori with her new dad, I mean..
Sep 10, 2022 5:08 AM
May 2021
such a cute showwwww amazing concept. I'm happy that this show actually teaches you a little about the fishing and cooking world!
Oct 2, 2022 6:34 PM

May 2022
I need friends like this.
Nov 10, 2022 6:04 AM

Oct 2022
So fluffy and wholesome. Futaba and Ichika’s moment was perfect. Just goes to show you can live with someone and not know how they’re feeling! Glad they worked it out!

Nov 17, 2023 9:43 PM
Jun 2012
That hug denial cut deep. Almost as deep as the 🐟.
Dec 11, 2023 10:22 PM

May 2019
Absolutely beautiful and moving episode with the right amount of humor. Got pretty funny when Ichika got drunk and Koharu was also waiting for a hug. Loved seeing all the dishes and everyone happy to eat together. Such a charming show.
Apr 25, 3:25 AM
Dec 2022
Fishing on a boat episode and Futaba becomes a friend of Hiroyi. The fishing group now has a new member. This is a good episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Slow Loop Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2022

60 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Apr 26, 12:58 AM

Poll: » Slow Loop Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2022

38 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Apr 26, 12:41 AM

Poll: » Slow Loop Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2022

45 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Apr 25, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Slow Loop Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2022

44 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Apr 25, 10:43 PM

Poll: » Slow Loop Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2022

40 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Apr 25, 4:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.