Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 22, 2021 8:09 AM

Aug 2013
Oh this was another great episode and the fight scenes were pretty clean and seamless (can't think of a certain term for it but that's what popped into my head lol). Very interested on how things will unfold in the coming episodes since we're getting some info on Fena's identity. Abel pretty sus.

Looking forward to this every week now.
Aug 22, 2021 8:19 AM

Nov 2016
Hilarious how the hot looking girl didn't receive a scratch. The robust one wasn't as quite lucky, yet still more fortunate than the NPC's.

This was definitely a more enjoyabl than the previous two introduction episodes. The characters are quirky which works well for a fun adventure series and the action is a cut above just serviceable. O'Malley being a baddie is a nice bonus.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 22, 2021 8:20 AM

Dec 2015
Still watching the episode. They mentioned the german city "Idar-Oberstein" which only 90 minutes away from me ... by car. (Changed the name a bit to Libar-Oberstein.) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idar-Oberstein

The city is known for gemstones and there is a museum about gemstones. (Visited that on a school trip ages ago if I remember correctly.)
Aug 22, 2021 9:29 AM

Sep 2015
The twins do some sick dodges, and the punishment at the end that Fena and the twins received was hilarious hahaha. Good episode so far
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Aug 22, 2021 9:35 AM

Aug 2020
The fight scenes are pretty good. I love acrobatic characters very much, so twins are really cool hehe
Aug 22, 2021 10:17 AM

Oct 2020
Haha, Shitan was about to get laid by some shady prostitute, but no, dinner comes first. I absolutely love the chemistry between the twins and Fena. Yukimaru is an absolute legend. He really reacted like "tis but a scratch" when he took that bullet.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2021 11:40 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I like where this show is going. With great characters, amazing visuals, and a interesting plot. This could be another sleeper hit for Summer 2021. I also like the fact that Fena and her crew are traveling by submarine since enemy ships don't have sonar yet, Fena's crew can easily sneak past them or launch a surprise attack.
Aug 22, 2021 12:30 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This was a nice change of pace from the previous episode. It's now clear to see what this story is going to be, and I like the direction it is heading. The action continues to be very slick and Yuki Kajiura composed the tracks for this episode rather well. I am glad that some of the female pirates are going to get more screen time later since most of their designs and personalities were pretty memorable. The puzzle continues to grow with each episode and this has a lot of potential to make a very epic story. The humor might need to tone down a little bit later down the road, but so far so good.
Aug 22, 2021 12:45 PM

Feb 2014
A bit of change this episode with a bit of adventure and something more in the realms of pirating. The mystery still delves us deeper and the goofiness holds it in.

AnimeJunky said:
Poor Shitan, getting pulled off by a prostitute that was willing to do it for no money only to get cock blocked. xD

He's a lady killer. I can see most of the new female pirates falling for him.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Aug 22, 2021 12:48 PM

Jan 2009
damn that red woman pirate in the end is sexy hot eh

and looks like Fena is special and that Abel dude is his brother perhaps

the action on this episode is great
Aug 22, 2021 12:58 PM

Feb 2015
I still hate Fena's hair but that was an awesome episode. I really love the side characters in the show so far.
Aug 22, 2021 1:26 PM

Jun 2019
Solidified itself as one of the best this season. The characters are all really fun and the villains look like they will has some depth to them as well. Add on top some great action and you have my attention.
Aug 22, 2021 2:16 PM

Nov 2011
Fena is a better Pirate anime then one piece is. It's just so clean and good! I really like the twins a lot. And the introduction of the lady pirates was interesting.

Oh man Lady Red head who clearly was after Fena as a child is sleeping around...hopefully she'll get hers.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 22, 2021 2:33 PM
Aug 2018
The Action is beautiful,
Introducing characters and attributes to the cast is not rush or anime "typical"
This is truly worth not 2 but 3 more seasons
Looking forward to strong character development!
Aug 22, 2021 2:48 PM

Apr 2015
Karin on that market was like Kumoko wandering all excited through a labyrinth... God I love Yuuki Aoi. Karin is for sure my favorite character right now.

Action was great, these characters are all incredibly agile and strong. The twins were looking like they were enjoying themselves out there. Heck, one of them was hitting on one of the pirate girls XD No complaints here.

Seems the twins and Fena got some punishment at the end for their rash behaviour by disappearing on that island.

Luthandorius said:
Still watching the episode. They mentioned the german city "Idar-Oberstein" which only 90 minutes away from me ... by car. (Changed the name a bit to Libar-Oberstein.) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idar-Oberstein

The city is known for gemstones and there is a museum about gemstones. (Visited that on a school trip ages ago if I remember correctly.)

I was gonna do the same thing and look that place up after the episode (you beat me to it though), but I like that they used an actual place/area known for it's gemstones and all that. It's 4-5 hours by car for me. Now I wonder if Fena will actually be from around there or not.
Aug 22, 2021 4:52 PM

Apr 2015
well this turned out pretty disappointing and boring.
Aug 22, 2021 8:12 PM
Dec 2020
this show is great but I have mix feelings about it.
I expecting this type of story to be more dark and serious, so every moment them goofing around even when facing the enemies kinda makes me cringe. it don suit the story narrative at all for me. I might like it better if they tone it down a bit, or just seclude it for Fena and twins only.
Aug 22, 2021 10:11 PM

Aug 2013
This is the first anime in a long time that I have been watching dubbed and it hasn't made me cringe (watching via Toonami in the US). I gotta say this series is solid and it has a lot of great humor. Also great quote:

"Women with a perfect boob to hip ratio are a gift to the world and must be treasured as such. I cannot kill you." WEAK XD
Don't believe the hype.
Aug 23, 2021 9:58 AM
Jun 2021
Wow, I was not expecting the action scenes to be so fluid. Despite having only a couple minutes of action, the animation was really smooth and enjoyable. The pros for this show keep racking up, and this is definitely one of them for me.

Even though I can barely tell them apart as of now, the twins are pretty likable. Both of them have a prankster personality, which I feel is usually the case for twins in media. They seem to be very capable fighters as well, as they held their own against a number of foes.

At this point, I know virtually nothing about Shitan and Makaba, but I'm assuming we'll learn more about them in the near future. And then Karin is apparently the inventor of lighters, which is interesting.

I'm not a huge fan of Yukimaru as of now. I'm not sure why, but I just don't like his attitude. Maybe he'll open up later.

This is my first post for this anime so I'd have to say - the character design is very nice. Apparently the same person who designed the characters for this designed them for Terror in Resonance, which is one of my favorite anime. I can definitely see the resemblance, too. The twins look and act much like one of the characters from Terror in Resonance. I really love this person's character design, and I can't wait to see more of it. Similarly, the animation is breathtaking. Like I mentioned earlier, it's really fluid, bright, and detailed.

Right now I don't have any complaints, so I'm definitely going to keep watching.

Aug 23, 2021 1:33 PM

Feb 2013
That OST when they were fighting the pirates reminded me of SAO which turned me off a bit. Other than that great episode.
Aug 24, 2021 6:40 AM

Oct 2008
Action OST by Kajiura Yuki is such a treat!!!
and also Prod I.G.'s sakuga fight scenes are awesome!
5/5.

Aug 24, 2021 7:54 AM
Aug 2021
I really hope this isnt like most anime originals. Sad as hell. I dont want anyone to die especialy otto the dentures guy white girl and guy with the y
Aug 24, 2021 10:05 AM

Apr 2020
That was a pretty good action scene, reminds me of Samurai Champloo (Yukimaro looks like Jin) I wonder if the blond British guy is her brother? the Same hair and eye color?!
Aug 25, 2021 12:36 PM
Jun 2012
really liking this one so far! im sure its been said before but definite yona vibes here (in a good way not a rip-offy way.) im excited to see the other crewmates help fena develop into a pirate. also excited to see more of the lady pirate crew, i love their designs and they have a good mix of fighting styles. and speaking of fighting... the fight was beautifully animated. hope the show does well!
Aug 26, 2021 8:20 AM

Jun 2016
i swear from op and end ost also the animation and plot story , this is totally a gold !!
Aug 27, 2021 6:48 PM

Apr 2011
Yukimaru gettin all red in the ears from just a slight touch of the hand! Imagine what would happen if she were to kiss him lol.
(Also, Yukimaru probably feels as though he failed + Fena is royalty so he feels inadequate towards her most likely.)

And as for Abel... I have a feeling that Fena and him are going to have a relationship issue similar to Sheeta and Muska from Castle in the Sky (he needs her for something and is perhaps obsessed with his own bloodline?) Either way I'm sure he's evil af.
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Aug 28, 2021 6:11 AM

May 2015
Im really enjoying it. Not sure why. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 28, 2021 7:26 PM

Mar 2009
The pirates introduced in this episode were pretty cool. I liked their design.
Aug 29, 2021 10:47 AM

Apr 2018
Ah, I finally remember Abel's VA. It's Toshiyuki Morikawa. Better known as Minato's, Sasaki's VA. O'Malley is just a babe. Seems like the British Empire have control in this year and age. Pretty interesting.

Pirates, Samurai's and what more..
Shitan in the beginning getting hooked by a girl was hilarious.
Buying the stone was just a hunch but it was probably something important.
Attacked by some Lady Pirates, and damn, I'm really satisfied with the action scenes. Fluid and beautiful. One of the twin's kick was just crazy.
Yukimaru entered the fight and took down an insane amount of people in a few seconds. Escaped with Fena but got hit by the shotgun lady. That running scene was quite cool.
Yukimaru gets emberassed and you can see that by looking at his ears LOL.

Abel and Malley having some fun in the end and they got rid of Maxiver. A small blonde royal member is behind all of this. The words he spoke are probably from a book and probably important to the story or to Fena's real identity.

The OST is just epic, as expected from Yuki.
SideCharacterKalAug 29, 2021 10:51 AM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 30, 2021 9:59 AM

Mar 2016
The fight was funny. It was cool, but still funny. The men who just raised their swords, and did nothing, got killed, while the women who literally attacked the leads got to live. haha. They didn't even have to defend themselves. They were just allowed to live!
Sep 1, 2021 7:24 AM

Jan 2013
The 'humour' in this show is just bad. The writing feels like a mash-up of otome game tropes.
Sep 3, 2021 10:01 PM

Apr 2018
That was pretty good the fight scene and the OST was so good! Yukimaru is insane, man just took a bullet to the back.
Sep 16, 2021 5:39 AM
Sep 2015
"One of the best anime this season"

Meh. They didn't even show us the end of the fight. How did the twins manage to escape?

Also how did Yukimaru find Fena that quickly? He ran for a few seconds and knew exactly where she was.

I'm dropping this. The fanservice is too much for me. I'd tolerate it if the plot was good but the story reminds me of One Piece somehow & the dialogue is cringy. 6/10
Sep 25, 2021 5:22 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh a pirate town that pretty good, and they already found one clue with the transparent rock, the battle against the other pirate looked pretty good as well.
Sep 30, 2021 6:08 PM
Oct 2019
"women with a perfect boob-to-hip ratio are a gift to humanity. i cannot kill you"

why did the twins call her their captain? when did she become captain

this one eyed, red haired woman is HOT

who is this light haired military guy? he knows fena's past apparently
HagePotPotatoSep 30, 2021 6:50 PM
Oct 1, 2021 4:00 PM

Jul 2016
Waiting for Fena to leave the "damsel in distress" role.

Also fishy blond dude sure is eating good, huh?
Nov 12, 2021 9:39 AM

Sep 2012
HagePotPotato said:
"women with a perfect boob-to-hip ratio are a gift to humanity. i cannot kill you"

and after that: lets grab a bite some time

this part almost killed me lol

he reminds me of this guy
https://myanimelist.net/character/59817/Yoshiharu_Sagara
said something similar and tried to stop Oda's general to kill a girl
Nov 19, 2021 4:00 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
When will Feena become badass already? I'm waiting.
Nov 20, 2021 6:44 PM

Feb 2018
The twins are so fun. Yukimaru surely saved the day as for Abel, he's def one of the most interesting characters
Nov 21, 2021 2:57 AM

Jul 2015
Some cool action against the female pirate group here. Characters so far are really fun to watch especially Yukimaru with his bad luck and also the twins with Fena getting their punishment at the end lol.

Jul 25, 2022 11:16 PM

Jun 2021
Yukimaru jumping back in like 0.0002274 of a second after Fena touched his hand is the cutest thing ever lol. His ears were all red too! Haha.
Aug 26, 2022 11:11 AM
Dec 2015
wen go to save her from Pirets women
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

LastLuminescence - Oct 23, 2021

153 by RioAl »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 14, 2021

84 by SwediCandy »»
Feb 9, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 28, 2021

55 by PatrickJaneFan »»
Jan 15, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 2, 2021

60 by Kami_Willis »»
Apr 30, 2023 4:38 PM

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MadanielFL - Sep 18, 2021

63 by nameofuser_ »»
Mar 14, 2023 8:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.