Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 7, 2020 6:38 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What an episode. We got to see the reality of wildlife and nature yet again from a realistic point of view.

There's even a tiger they had to deal with, and it didn't seem happy. On top of all this, everyone is in the cold weather so survival again plays an important role. Also, turns out this episode had an emotional impact on Asipra too.
Dec 7, 2020 8:31 AM
Sep 2015
Such a deep beautifully sad story, and we even get an unexpected tiger! Everything is almost connected. I love that the episode name catching up to the wolf has two meaning, first is the hint of the map, and second is how Sugimoto is catching up to Asirpa group.
Dec 7, 2020 8:34 AM
Jul 2019
Believe in the power of dick.
Dec 7, 2020 8:38 AM
Oct 2016
Asirpa getting those flood of memories after meeting Sofia. It's just as Kiroranke said she would. Crazy episode I loved it. That tiger almost made me jump out of my chair. Holy he'll did that thing just kinda pop up. I'd never heard of Siberian Tigers or at least forgotten about them if I did a long time ago. That tiger was wild, one of the craziest things in the show this season and that's saying a lot. Their explosion plan didn't go quite as well as hoped but they still got Sofia out relatively clean. The revelations about Wilk were very interesting. His goal to create a country for the far east minorities living in Hokkaido and Karafuto. His childhood with that wolf, where he got his name and the key his Ainu name has with all the symbols on the tattoos. Asirpa is putting it all together with Ogata closely watching. I cheered at the end when Sugimoto saved Shirashi on the ice float. They're finally reunited! Sugimoto is so close to Asirpa now.
Dec 7, 2020 8:42 AM

May 2016
OMG that backstory to the name was so epic.

Behold the power of D.
Dec 7, 2020 8:53 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Absolutely great episode once again, they're really the best for the well-made backstories.
And Sugimoto at the end! that's finally very good news
Dec 7, 2020 8:57 AM
Sep 2012
I teared up at the end when sugimoto caught up to shiraishi :((((( it was 5, 10 seconds but it was beautiful. cant wait to see shiraishi's reaction next week <3<3<3
I sure hope we keep getting sequels until the manga is over for a full adaptation . golden kamuy deserves it!
Dec 7, 2020 8:58 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
They did such a great job adapting these chapters. I loved the music and voice acting in those flashbacks
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 7, 2020 9:11 AM

Jul 2017
Asirpa's group having that all hearty HINNA HINNA, and saving Sofia out of the heavily guarded Ako Prison for more infodump.

They almost got it out...but a Siberian/Amur Tiger...well, that's VERY BAD. But what conspired out of it, Kiroranke's plan still succeeded anyways. And him being smooth to say that Sofia has grown into a lovely woman though, lovely *muack*

To be expected, once Sofia and Asirpa meet, it was a moment of past memories rekindled for a tragic backstory between her and Wilk, the fight for survival in the wildlife, be it animal or human, because the weak lose, and are eaten. Becoming a wolf-like human, hence the name "Wilk" (in Polish) and Horkew Oskoni (in Ainu), and with that: the tattoo's symbolism and answer when put altogether.

Oh God...Shiraishi's near-piss took him on a separate path, but believe in the power of the Dick...NO MORE...? At least Sugimoto's there to back him up!

Wonderful episode, and we finally got the answer to the tattoo goldrush chase from the very beginning!
Dec 7, 2020 9:18 AM

Jun 2012
The last couple of episodes have been absolutely amazing, I love how it's all slowly coming together.
Dec 7, 2020 9:39 AM

Aug 2017
Anyone else getting the feeling that Sugimoto is like a wolf hunting for Asiripa. Funny how they also talked about the wolf pack hunting for the deer.
We are only here for a short amount of time, I want to waste as much of that time possible doing nonsense
Dec 7, 2020 9:39 AM

Jan 2018
Its all coming together now. The map and the way it will be decipher.

Sugimoto is now very close to meeting up with Asirpa again.

Ogata notice it. His knowledge of guns comes handy again.
Dec 7, 2020 10:06 AM

Nov 2016
Poor seal :(

Man this was another awesome episode. The storytelling and directing are something else, it's really hard to contain all these emotions you get to experience during these 20~ minutes. The euphoria when Sugimoto saved Shiraishi, unreal xD

Best modern adventure series for me.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 7, 2020 10:39 AM

Apr 2020
"Dick talisman protect me! Behold the power of dick." lmaooo
Dec 7, 2020 10:45 AM

Apr 2015
Simply brilliant again! So a bit more on Wilk's history and a look back for Asirpa, which made her realise something she has seen on the tattoo's.

Behold the power of dick! Sugimoto caught up with Shiraishi, good to see them together again. Sugimoto now also close to Asirpa and Ogata is also aware of that.
Dec 7, 2020 11:00 AM

Jul 2015
As a Polish man, I must admit, it was a nice twist.

Dec 7, 2020 11:29 AM

May 2018
Shiraishi was saved by the power of the d...Imortal Sugimoto.
Dec 7, 2020 2:09 PM

Jun 2012
Who didn't see that coming. Sugimoto will always be there to protect Shiraishi.
Shoot first, think never.
Dec 7, 2020 2:09 PM

Jul 2010

The reaction and the sound played at this scene... I haven't laughed this good in a while.
Dec 7, 2020 2:21 PM

Sep 2019
Shiraishi got saved by Sugimoto, that scene made me really happy.
Dec 7, 2020 3:02 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
"Behold the power of Dick" lol.

Looks like Suigimoto is closing in on Asirpa's group.
Dec 7, 2020 3:23 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
A very nice episode. The mystery behind Abashiri's tattoes slowly getting revealed, since Asirpa finally remembered the key from his father. It must be related to the phrase he said, and the japanese symbol at every tattoes he paints. Maybe it refer to the order like, 'follow the symbol path to the real location point at the map'? Well, suddenly my dick feeling an excitement after those revelations. Behold the power of dick! Yes, you were right, Shiraishi! Afterall, they finally met again! Sugimoto, and Shiraishi, a solid hilarious duo! Such a long time, boys! I wonder what Sugimoto might be did after he saving those escape king, once and for all. Lol.

Well, a little bit of surprise seeing the liberation of Ako's prisoners held the fast pace approaching, instead of a nice combat action like in a second season. Because its literally had no heavy resistance at all from the russian guards, like the Abashiri arc. Lol, except the tiger sudden arrival, ofc. Its really an unexpecting matter. So, well, its happening. Such an easy way to escape, everything was just went too smooth for them without any hurdle.

Interesting to see Sofia line while slapping Kiroranke. What was he did to Wilk? She must be very angry to Kiroranke with that, and knew the motives of him. However, since they both had the same vision, they might've been forced to cooperate again, like the old times. So, she decided to let it go, prolly. Then, Sofia finally told the history of Asirpa's father name. Another backstory of their sweet memories. How Wilk became a wilk. How he was so cold and a fast-rational thinking at the same time. Its because him praised the wolf traits so much, until its change the plot of a gold stashes hunt into an intriguing one. And yes, Ogata realized that shit. It must be a one hell ride for all of them.

I wonder what kind of routes they had after these one. Especially since Shiraishi finally joined up at Sugimoto's side again. The plan to retaken Asirpa? Well, lets see the next one!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 7, 2020 4:24 PM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
great episode, their cliffhanger\ending scene game this season has been top tier.
i really hope we get an announcement of another season after this one ends or i'll be forced to move to the manga.
Dec 7, 2020 5:59 PM
Nov 2020
Srsly this anime keeps getting better and better. Good and unique plot, great pacing,relatable and likeable characters.. it has all. This anime deserves more appreciation and more watchers.
Dec 7, 2020 6:11 PM

Jan 2017
Shiraishi being Siraishi
More amazing flashbacks and backstories
Ogata is starting to really worry me
And even after all the stuff this anime has given us, the one thing that makes me finally question my sexuality is Sugimoto's smile at the end of this episode
*laughs in Dimple*
Dec 7, 2020 7:42 PM

Nov 2011
Granted it was a predictable ending to the episode but GOD DAMN IT WAS POWERFUL!!! Sugimoto is my boy! Quite frankly the way they kept talking about Wilk and the Wolves I felt like it described Sugimoto more then Wilk.

Things are starting to come together now and Asirpa is starting to remember a lot of things.

Really loving this series
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 7, 2020 8:00 PM
Mar 2015
Dick not powerful enough The weak do get eaten
Aspira realized something when she remembered her father's Ainu name was "Catching up to the Wolf"
Dec 7, 2020 8:36 PM

Oct 2017
Nice Sugimoto found Shiraishi, he's one step closer to meeting Asiripa. Can't wait to see it damn.

Wilk's backstories were cool and looks like Asiripa found out a clue.
Dec 7, 2020 8:39 PM

Aug 2019
I was wondering this throughout the episode, why does Sofia only talk in Russian when talking with Asirpa but during her flashbacks when she was younger she speaks fluent Japanese? couldn't she just speak Japanese with Asirpa instead of Russian seeing as Asirpa doesn’t understand Russian?
Dec 7, 2020 8:45 PM

Jul 2016
The power of dick is so strong with Shiraishi lol. And that smile from Sugimoto at the end may have been a bit too much for my heterosexual heart. Just saying.

Another brilliant episode. It was truly interesting to know even more about Wilk's past and learn how he got his name as well as how he developed his cold yet highly rational mindset. And what a personal goal, honestly! Wanting to unify all minorities set in both Hokkaido and Karafuto is indeed a quite big aspiration but knowing the dude's determination, it sounds very believable to me.

So, Wilk's ainu name is the key to solve the map that leads to the gold, uh? Everything is finally coming together and with Sugimoto's eventual arrival, I can't wait to see that reunion with Asirpa happening already. Ogata might have different plans concerning that tho.
SouthRzVaDec 7, 2020 8:50 PM
Dec 8, 2020 12:50 AM

Jun 2014
The gap between these 2 groups is getting smaller and smaller, especially now that Shiraishi and Sugimoto have reunited. Nice to see them back together.

Looks like Asirpa is remembering things now that she is learning more about Wilk from Sofia, just like they said she would. That look on Ogata toward the end worried me though.

The reaction to Kiroranke calling Sofia lovely and Shiraishi's "power of dick" moment provided some great comedy lol this series is ridiculous sometimes xD
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 8, 2020 3:33 AM

Jul 2016
UncleJojo said:
Believe in the power of dick.

Made me laugh myself hard.
Dec 8, 2020 6:15 AM

Jul 2014
A dense episode once again, with a tiger, a prison break, a bunch of flashbacks seemingly leading to Asirpa cracking the code, and Sugimoto reuniting with Shiraishi as his group closes in on Kiroranke and co.
Dec 8, 2020 8:03 AM
Jul 2019
SouthRzVa said:
The power of dick is so strong with Shiraishi lol. And that smile from Sugimoto at the end may have been a bit too much for my heterosexual heart. Just saying.

Another brilliant episode. It was truly interesting to know even more about Wilk's past and learn how he got his name as well as how he developed his cold yet highly rational mindset. And what a personal goal, honestly! Wanting to unify all minorities set in both Hokkaido and Karafuto is indeed a quite big aspiration but knowing the dude's determination, it sounds very believable to me.

So, Wilk's ainu name is the key to solve the map that leads to the gold, uh? Everything is finally coming together and with Sugimoto's eventual arrival, I can't wait to see that reunion with Asirpa happening already. Ogata might have different plans concerning that tho.
I am blinded by the power of dick. I miss Ushiyama (chinpo-sensei)
Dec 8, 2020 9:10 AM

Mar 2017
It seems like Asirpa's figured out one of the major keys to cracking Wilk's treasure map code - his Ainu name. I really don't want Ogata or Kiroranke to realize.... but judging by the look in Ogata's eyes he's already suspicious.

That ending was perfection; the dick betrayed Shiraishi but Sugimoto got his back 👍🏼
Dec 8, 2020 12:13 PM

Feb 2014
This episode confirmed that Kiroranke loves his ladies thick and strong, although the grimacing reactions from both Shiraishi and Ogata was hilarious! XD

Once again, Golden Kamuy excels with its backstory episodes, with the focus on Wilk and how he got his name in the first place. Not just his name "Wilk", but also his other name that he was given when he was part of the Hokkaido Ainu. It was thanks to this that Asirpa finally remembered something incredibly important, which Ogata noticed right away. This will most likely lead Kiroranke's group one step closer to cracking Wilk's treasure map code.

Meanwhile, after getting separated from the group, Shiraishi had to save himself from an early grave in the freezing sea by unleashing the power of dicks (LOL), but when the wooden ornament gave up, Sugimoto arrived in time to save him.

Both groups are so close to each other now. I think it's only a matter of time before Sugimoto finally catches up to Asirpa, which gives me hope of a happy reunion happening between each other. =)
Dec 8, 2020 4:57 PM
Feb 2013
As a pole, I liked Wilk's name reference. Actually, from the first time I heard his name, I was like ' is it just a coincidence? ' and turns out it was not, but the actual polish wolf. I was pretty sure last ep when he said that wolf are beautiful creatures :P
Dec 8, 2020 5:27 PM

Apr 2018
What an ending! I hope that Ogata and Sugimoto have a rematch now that Ogata realized that Asirpa seems to know hot to solve the enigma of the tattoos.

Seems that things are about to get ugly! I don't want this series to end... ever!
Dec 8, 2020 7:02 PM

Jun 2019
It’s about to reach those crazy endings that always happen in these seasons. I really liked how they tied up Wilk’s backstory with how he got his name. Now that Asripa knows the code, things are gonna get wild.
Dec 8, 2020 7:32 PM

Jul 2012
Amazing episode once again!
Sofia is part of the group now and Wilk's name backstory was really great.
Sugimoto saving Shiraishi was predictable but awesome at the same time! He's SO CLOSE to Asirpa!

Only two episodes for this season to end, it makes me really sad, I need more!
Dec 8, 2020 10:03 PM

Mar 2019
10 Weeks...
10 Episodes...
10 Times 5/5...

So many years had passed... And ive finally found one more series, with an almost PERFECT score... just 2 more episodes.. and maybe we have a Perfect 10...

Maybe, not at Steins;Gate Perfection Level, but clearly a Solid 10 by itself.

Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Dec 9, 2020 6:10 AM
Jul 2018
Shiraishi was very lucky to survive even though the sugimoto saved him.

Dec 9, 2020 7:14 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, I thought the title "Catching up to the wolf" just meant something like Sugimoto finally catching up to them. It also being a reference to Wilk's Hokkaido Ainu name is fucking sick.

Overall, that was an amazing episode. Wilk's voice actor is good as hell, his voice is smooth as butter. And that ending with Sugimoto saving Shiraishi was hype as fuck. Every episode of this season has been straight up bangers.
Dec 9, 2020 2:06 PM

Jul 2010
The series have very consistent Russian voice acting, btw.
Of course, the accent is strong, but everything is understandable and sounds better than in most Western movies, lol.
Dec 9, 2020 9:52 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Wow... it's been a long ten episodes without Sugimoto x Shiraishi content. My eyes definitely watered a little bit seeing Sugimoto's expression. As expected, Sofia might be Asirpa's mom. Does this mean they had a kid in prison? I wonder if Sofia realizes as she didn't introduce herself any differently, although her eyes seemed to be proud (relieved?) to find Asirpa.
Sugimoto better hurry up, I feel like Asirpa's life's in danger.

I feel like everyone's dicks and imaginary dicks wilted a bit at that poor totem.

But also, so did Shiraishi get to pee? Or did he piss himself falling down that chunk of ice?
Dec 10, 2020 8:32 AM
Apr 2020
Hype hype and hype for the 2 last episodes, this episode is too beautiful, another bit of wilk backstory and Asirpa that understood something about the map, hype for the next and for the season final....
Dec 10, 2020 1:57 PM
May 2016
Great episode, I hope there's season 4 soon because

Wich chapters did they adapt in this episode?
Dec 11, 2020 3:34 AM

Nov 2020
proof that dick ain't shit
Dec 11, 2020 1:44 PM

Feb 2008
Dick power in more ways than one. Alas, what truly made me smile was Shiraishi's reunion with Sugimoto. In the nick of time.

Because Asirpa better be very careful now...
Dec 12, 2020 10:56 PM

Oct 2008
oh no! Ogata's ready to do something bad once Asirpa remembers!
as for Kiroranke he's also a great threat and sly! never trust this man!
oh nice! Sugimoto saved Shiraishi!!!
Wilk should be MC version 2!
5/5!

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2020

110 by Karva1 »»
Mar 20, 1:12 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2020

105 by Karva1 »»
Mar 20, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2020

120 by Karva1 »»
Mar 19, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2020

50 by Karva1 »»
Mar 19, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2020

57 by Karva1 »»
Mar 19, 3:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.