Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 14, 2020 6:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The nature is truly a fearsome danger to behold..

In that weather, it seems anything could happen. From a storytelling perspective, the episode focused on Ogata and Asirpa but of course, she doesn't just do what he wants. Definitely not surprised that she pointed her bow at him.

I gotta say, the violence also made this episode rather realistic in their harsh environment.
Dec 14, 2020 6:33 AM

Nov 2010
Quite tense and condensed episode this is.
---
If you express Ogata in a word, it's 'evil'.
Dec 14, 2020 8:33 AM
Jul 2019
Peak fiction continues to be peak fiction. The final fight against Ogata and Kiroranke is one of the peak moments in the series and I’m glad they’re adapting it for the final two episodes of this season. After a long-ass time, Sugimoto and Shiraishi reunite with Asirpa. Shiraishi pissing on Sugimoto and Asirpa to get her unstuck from Sugimoto’s button was hilarious and brings us back to the chemistry that made these three great together in the previous seasons. Only one more episode left. 1000/10
Dec 14, 2020 8:35 AM

Jul 2010
There. Official Sugimoto x Ogata kiss. I have been waiting for this.
Dec 14, 2020 8:36 AM

Jun 2012
H O R E Y S H E E T! This episode was amazing.
Dec 14, 2020 8:42 AM
Sep 2015
This is Golden Kamuy at its best game! And a rare anime where golden shower is canon LOL
Sugimoto definitely doesn't need Shiraishi to piss on his face, but he allows that to happen.
Dec 14, 2020 8:49 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Extremely tense, I had shivers during the whole episode (except during the piss scene xD), seriously this episode is probably the best one, clearly a 10/10 episode
Dec 14, 2020 9:02 AM

Aug 2017
Previous episode had a better ending scene that lead into the ending song. But this episode had good action although a bit short for me. Thought that this would have happened in the last episode for the season, but ohh well.
We are only here for a short amount of time, I want to waste as much of that time possible doing nonsense
Dec 14, 2020 9:11 AM
Oct 2016
The climax of this season is wild! So many things happened this episode. Sugimoto is finally back with Asirpa! The moment with them reaching out to each other I cheered. Been a long time coming all season. Ogata that damned snake luring Asirpa out there by herself so he can get the info then kill her, bastard. Asirpa too smart to fall for his dumb tricks about Sugimoto saying something to him before he died. Her shooting that arrow into his eye was wicked, thought that maybe Sugimoto would kill Ogata somehow but good on him for saving Ogata so Asirpa doesn't live with the burden of being a murderer. Tsukishima finding that lighthouse couple daughter, didn't think she would be out there. I held my breath when Kiroranke came around that block of ice right to where Tanigaki stood. Super intense fight. Tanigaki thinking back to Inkarmat was so sweet. Getting that plunge into Kiroranke chest with the dagger very satisfying. But apparently not enough to stop the big man. Not only enough strength to walk away but even set up a bomb attached to Tanigaki gun. Tsukishima taking the brunt for Koito. They might be reunited but there's still work to he done! Have to stop Kiroranke!
Dec 14, 2020 9:12 AM

Nov 2016
Holy hell, it's been going down this episode. Ogata getting shot was such a shock moment, even tho I knew it would happen and the rage in Sugimoto when he was yelling his name, goosebumps. As far as tension goes this was pretty much peak for this season, next week it's time for the big feels.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 14, 2020 9:26 AM
Mar 2015
Shirashi to rescue A glorious golden shower The gold is driving them crazy
Dec 14, 2020 9:52 AM

Oct 2017
That flashback was pushing it too far Ogata, you should have known better.

What an epic reunion lmao. Right after Asiripa reunited with Sugimoto Shiraishi had to piss on her face, absolutely marvelous.

Kiroranke badly wounded by Tanigaki and now he's up against Lt. Koito, can Koito take him down for good? I hope so.
Dec 14, 2020 10:00 AM

Jan 2016
Best episode for this season yet, waiting for the finale! I really have to pick up the manga, but that's a whole lot of chapters to catch up to even this part.
Dec 14, 2020 10:08 AM

Sep 2019
It was a 10/10 episode.

The fight scenes were amazing, I was on the edge of my seat for almost 20 minutes. The piss scene was great after the serious episode and it made me laugh so hard.
Dec 14, 2020 10:11 AM

Mar 2016
Never thought pissing on someone would save them :P
Dec 14, 2020 11:37 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Double crossing manly men, bloody fights, revelations of villainy and murder, poisoned arrows, touching reunions of friends and to top it off, one of the very few wholesome golden showers you will ever see in any medium.

T H I S I S

G O L D E N K A M U Y

"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 14, 2020 11:40 AM

May 2018
Actually half of the season wasn't that interesting to me (Wilk's and Kiroranke's story) but this episode compensated for everything.
Dec 14, 2020 11:42 AM

Apr 2015
"Piss on her face!" Is not something I expected them to say XD I love how it gotten from dead serious to comedic gold, within a few minutes. That's golden Kamuy alright! Just perfect!

Things escalated really quickly and that battle between some of the guys on that ice was pretty brutal. To think that Asirpa shot Ogata in the eye, even if it was by accident. Sugimoto is the star, not wanting to have Asirpa being the cause of Ogata's death.
Dec 14, 2020 12:08 PM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
amazing episode, i would say this is par for the course, but this episode was one of the best of this season no doubt.
somehow, during 20 short minutes, so many characters had a chance to shine spectacularly, from ogata trying to justify his actions and continue to repress his guilt, by proving that even asirpa is just like him, or rather like his theory about people, to kiroranke being a terrifying boss, that makes bomb traps while suffering from a stab wound, to tsukishima saving both svetlana and koito, to our piss trio that were magnificent in every scene they were in, including those that had no piss in them, this show is just too good and i can keep going and detail so much more.
and when ogata declared "immortal sugimoto!", the hype was basically orgasmic, it has been a few episodes without a declaration of sugimoto's nickname, and it landed as impactfully if not more than some of those in the first season.

next week is the finale and i need that season 4 announcement like yesterday.
Dec 14, 2020 12:15 PM

Apr 2020
an episode full of snot and A LOT of tensionノಠ口ಠノ
the direction was impressive! that strokes on the face gestures, art, dialogues, ost, everything led to tension

and the piss made a rainbow, just lovely lol
Dec 14, 2020 12:51 PM

May 2018
So, can we say that Kiroranke is dead????

OOOOHH ho, Sugimoto should've have just let ogata die.
Dec 14, 2020 12:59 PM

Feb 2014
I hope I'm not getting ahead of myself by saying that this is probably one of the best episode in this entire Autumn season. Bloody hell, the tension was at its peak!

The direction of the episode as a whole was a borderline masterstroke with how it delivered moment after powerful moments of action and drama. If I had to say which part of the episode i liked the most, it was the tense stand-off between Asirpa and Ogata, after Ogata's plans of fooling Asirpa with his fake backstory in order to gain her trust for his quest of the gold backfired.

Then came Sugimoto, which his arrival did startle Asirpa into shooting her poisoned arrow into Ogata's eyeball, but Sugimoto was brave enough to spring into action, suck out the poison from Ogata's wounds AND have such a touching reunion with Asirpa...

...until her eyelid got stuck on his metal button, which led to the hilarious golden shower moment which was one of the funniest moments of this season of Golden Kamuy.

To round off the episode in style, we even had a cliffhanger ending when Koito faced off against Kiroranke. I want the next episode so badly! >_<
Dec 14, 2020 1:00 PM

Oct 2011
Oonokami said:
There. Official Sugimoto x Ogata kiss. I have been waiting for this.

Kissing Ogata, hugs from Asirpa, AND a Shiraishi golden shower? Sugimoto's getting plenty of service for his rough journey.
Dec 14, 2020 1:03 PM

Oct 2011
Do you guys think Tsurumi will welcome Ogata into the "brain damage buddies" club too?
Dec 14, 2020 1:52 PM
May 2019
Great episode after great episode
This season is just insane !
Dec 14, 2020 2:08 PM

May 2015
Was already my favorite show this season but that episode bumped it up to a 10.
Dec 14, 2020 2:24 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
It felt like the entire season was building up to this episode, amazing stuff, loved every bit of it, even the golden shower lol
Dec 14, 2020 2:45 PM

Jun 2012
So much great stuff in this episode.
Shoot first, think never.
Dec 14, 2020 3:03 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Another outstanding episode as Sugimoto's group and Kiroranke group clash on the ice. The situation get very tense as the wind picks up and visibility is low. Ogata and Asirpa have a tense standoff alone begging her to tell him the secret to cracking the code to get the gold. Asirpa was unable to give Ogata the information one she found out that he was lying. She threaten to kill Ogata, but she couldn't do even though Ogata revealed that he killed her father.

Sugimoto came out of nowhere and Asirpa shot an arrow in Ogata's eye by accident, but Sugimoto was able to remove the arrow and suck out the blood from Oagata's wound before the poison spreads. Sugimoto and Asirpa were finally reunited.
Dec 14, 2020 3:04 PM

Apr 2018
So that's why this show is called "Golden" Kamuy!

Anime of the year for me. How do they expect to improve on this episode for the season finale?

They better announce a fourth season right after the ending!

10/10
Dec 14, 2020 3:45 PM

Jun 2019
Shit started to hit the fan and it was everything I wanted and more. The fights between all of the characters, especially between Asripa and Ogata, were great. I really liked seeing how they reacted to seeing one another after so long.
Dec 14, 2020 3:50 PM

Jan 2017
Only Golden Kamuy can make me almost cry of happiness at the reunion of two characters and then less than one minute later make me laugh hard with Shiraishi "helping" Asirpa.
*laughs in Dimple*
Dec 14, 2020 4:43 PM
Jul 2020
This anime is just a masterpiece , love the episode
Dec 14, 2020 4:57 PM

Aug 2019
how this show is overshadowed by a bunch of other shows this season depresses me, this is easily the best show this season. I mean what other show has someone pissing on another person’s eyelid?
Dec 14, 2020 5:23 PM
Jul 2014
Best episode of this season goes to Golden Kamuy S3E11. Hands down…

Dec 14, 2020 5:44 PM

Jul 2017
AT LONG LAST, they all meet back together...and I don't like the look on Ogata's face of desire to get his share of the Ainu gold ASAP out of Asirpa. Time to get back your revenge, Immortal Sugimoto!

Tanigaki finding the lost Russian daughter Svetlana by chance though, but she doesn't want to return because of the change of lifestyle, and don't dare try to go against the savage Lieutenant Koito.

THE INEVITABLE HAS HAPPENED...and all sides are wary of former comrades-cum-enemies, but the most cunning one is Ogata making up a story for the unsuspecting Asirpa to believe, and Tanigaki upon seeing Tsukishima...what a cruel gesture of payback. The level of "burden" that was placed upon Ogata to "deliver" the gold...the Hinna part was such a funnily stupid tactic of knowledge. He thought he knew Sugimoto better than Asirpa, but the answer IS DARN CLEAR from the very beginning.

There is no one better than Ogata who would manipulate people to his advantage, and it's the same result here (that arrow to his eye was sublime). And Sugimoto appearing AT JUST THE RIGHT TIME, what a reunion. But asking Shiraishi to "piss on her face"? THAT IS EVERYTHING I WANTED: the "Golden" piss.

Tanigaki vs. Tsukishima, Sugimoto vs. Ogata, and Kiroranke vs. Koito. This season couldn't be more riled up enough.

How to end this season on a higher bang?
Dec 14, 2020 5:58 PM

Jan 2017
Anglerfish hotpot is actually Ogata's favorite dish, does anyone remember that? I think it was shown in season 1 (cmiiw tho)
And Tome is the name of his deceased mother (it was revealed in the fanbook) who used to make the dish when he was a kid.

Well, trying to scam Asirpa by using Sugimoto was a bad move of Ogata but he got no choice to make her talk at that point. Then he went gambling his life, having Asirpa shoot him. He claimed that people wouldn't feel guilty killing others as long as there are reasons, yet he himself was haunted by his brother's death. Now he's longing for someone to prove his beliefs even if it cost his own life. Just how twisted are you, Ogata?
Dec 14, 2020 6:04 PM

Jan 2011
it's rare for me to be so shocked by events unfolding in such intensity at such a fast pace i kept thinking the episode had to end there but it kept going and in classic GK fashion it somehow manages to lower that tension to give us a quick laugh just to ramp it up to 100 again damn.

we got the reunion we all wanted so bad

Ogata played all his cards running out of time and it all depended on his worst skill charming people

5/5 show is still one of the best things hardly anyone is watching
Dec 14, 2020 6:46 PM
May 2020
Ryuseishun said:
Never thought pissing on someone would save them :P

Watch John Woos Hard Boiled from 1992.
Baby pisses to put a fire out.
Dec 14, 2020 6:50 PM

Nov 2011
Holy shit Dude...HOLY SHIT!!!! WHAT AN EPISODE!!!! It literally had everything!!! Ogata straight piece of shit even to the end!

I knew Asirpa would see through his Bullshit line of questioning. OMG these characters are taking some HITS!!! I think we will have a BOAT LOAD of casualties come next week.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 14, 2020 7:31 PM

Jan 2018
I love this episode very much. Sugimuto, Asirpa and Shiraishi are now reunited.
Its also very intense. Everyone feels like about to die this episode.

5/5
Dec 14, 2020 7:55 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Man, that was intensed! That was surely the peak of the season, one of the best moments beside Abashiri's break through scenes! Finally, after such a long road, everyone met at those certain conditions, in the middle of the wild blizzard, above the ice floes. Such a nice settings, i love that shit!

I knew that Ogata should take a lead first after recognizing Asirpa's acknowledged something from the story. The result? Its a chaos above the ice floes! That Ogata lines were all just epic. That wild expression, confrontation against Asirpa. But, sorry my friend, that little ainu was too smart that couldn't be an easy quest to pass. At the end, he still failed. Got you, Ogata!

Meanwhile, the fights that involved Kiroranke were just a stunning. I can't say much, its really entertaining me. Tanigaki finally took the revenge over his beloved girl. I hope he could survived that shit, alongside with Tsukishima's current condition. Damn, i know that was Kiroranke's trap!

So, after what happened, Ogata still had a chance to live. Lol. Still, rip to your eye, Ogata. Its time for your atonement day, together with Kiroranke, that i might be judge, he couldn't survived long enough with that Koito's wrath. Well, where was Sofia when Kiroranke need a help?

So, thats it! A cliffhanger for the final episode that already be sure at the next week. I am really hoping these series had another season, to concluded everything that Asirpa knows, toward the battles of the gold stashes. Yeah, this is really a satisfying season. No shit, even with those piss scene. Lmao, its got me!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 14, 2020 9:08 PM

Sep 2010
So happy Sugimoto and Asirpa are finally reunited! Then of course in classic Golden Kamuy fashion they have to make it weird.
Dec 14, 2020 10:15 PM

Jul 2016
I absolutely love GK's sense of humor but seriously, they could have saved it during Sugimoto and Asirpa's awaited reunion. Sadly, it kinda ruined the moment for me and in the end, said reunion was nowhere near as heartfelt as I was expecting from one of the main plot points for this season. Now this said, I never thought a golden shower could be portrayed in such wholesome way so I guess the show still deserves its fair amount of praise for accomplishing such fact.

Well, quite the chaotic and hella intense episode we had this week. Ogata was pushing his luck way too much with that "flashback" about Sugimoto's "last words" and my man Tanigaki thinking about Inkarmat to overcome Kiroranke's furious advance was as badass as equally sweet to see. Unfortunately and despite the serious injury he received, it seems Kiroranke still has some steam left so now I wonder how the confrontation with Koito will conclude.

Absolutely looking forward to the finale next week!
SouthRzVaDec 14, 2020 10:26 PM
Dec 14, 2020 11:08 PM

Nov 2018
i know that koito is a literal dumbass but for him yelling in rage to someone that hurts his man... this is the best episode i've seen this season
Dec 14, 2020 11:47 PM
Feb 2018
snowykevin said:
how this show is overshadowed by a bunch of other shows this season depresses me, this is easily the best show this season. I mean what other show has someone pissing on another person’s eyelid?

i agree with you

it has waifu, badass mc, funny moments, great fight, amazing story with some plot twist, unexpected decision from the charater, great ost and animation, uncensored blood, etc
Dec 15, 2020 12:44 AM

Feb 2018
props to Ogita's VA. He did such an amazing job this episode and made the scene a lot more intense.
Dec 15, 2020 12:53 AM

Nov 2011
A really intense episode, but somehow still can make me laugh with Shiraishi's piss scene lol. Similar to best episodes in JJBA except the fights in this anime are in more realistic side.
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Dec 15, 2020 1:15 AM

Jun 2014
Asirpa was smart to keep questioning Ogata until she caught him in a lie. That part, and the episode in general, was quite intense. So much craziness going on in the penultimate episode of the season, I'm really looking forward to seeing how the season ends next week. And of course, despite the intensity and serious nature of the episode, we got a goofy and weird scene in typical GK fashion with that golden shower lol. R. Kelly would be proud of that moment.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 15, 2020 1:26 AM

Mar 2020
SouthRzVa said:
Unfortunately and despite the serious injury he received, it seems Kiroranke still has some steam left so now I wonder how the confrontation with Koito will conclude.

I like how nobody likes Kiroranke, despite his motives being arguably justified, while everyone likes Ogata despite him being written as what seems to be intended as total psychopath
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2020

110 by Karva1 »»
Mar 20, 1:12 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2020

61 by Karva1 »»
Mar 19, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2020

120 by Karva1 »»
Mar 19, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2020

50 by Karva1 »»
Mar 19, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2020

57 by Karva1 »»
Mar 19, 3:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.