Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 31, 2020 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh my, no wonder Kako Tengan catches Youta's attention with her mature look.

I wasn't expecting an episode of intense mahjong involving Youta and some of the other guys though. Youta's moves were more exaggerated thanks to that hotblooded personality of his. However, I think that's what made the episode rather entertaining. All that charisma at the table. Hina's background commentary too made this episode pretty fun to watch imo.

Oct 31, 2020 8:29 AM

Feb 2018
I don't really understand with that game but you did it Narukami.

Mahjong + Uno ohhh shit... Thanks for your invitation but I have Izanami, xD.

13 days left.
Oct 31, 2020 9:53 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This episode was like Akagi/Tetsuya but bad and not funny, I expected at least a reference to these anime but nothing worth at all, I don't see where it's funny to not follow the mahjong rules, it's just stupid nothing else.
Oct 31, 2020 10:05 AM

Mar 2015
If you can do it in Uno then you can do it here too.... LMAO

Hina is truly something else with all these rules.
Oct 31, 2020 10:07 AM

Nov 2016
Tengan speaking through the flower :P

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 31, 2020 10:09 AM

Feb 2019
Mannnnn, Yota fumbled the bag with Tengan so badly. Wouldn’t be an anime if the MC didn’t run away from an attractive woman literally throwing herself at em.

Overall great ep as usual, learnt a lot about Mahjong today lol. That conversation at the beginning of the episode about happiness will surely come back to be relevant later on.
Oct 31, 2020 10:11 AM

Jul 2017
"Weird" does not do this episode justice.
This episode was all over the place, and hardly in a good way. Apparently the motive for everything that happened was for Youta having a chance to get laid? I think? The episode doesn't make it clear until the very end.
And while I know nothing about mahjong, whatever Hina and Youta did made it more confusing to watch.

I mean, it was entertaining. It held my attention. But I'm not going to say this episode was good either.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Oct 31, 2020 10:13 AM

Dec 2014
What just happened? The episode. I have no clue what Youta did, I have no idea how Mahjong is played but I guess this is not how you do it. Very entertaining though especially with the random Uno rules. xD

Youta's seiyuu did an incredible job here.

Damn Yota, refusing Tengan's advances. At least he's faithful to Izanami, so points for that.
Oct 31, 2020 10:16 AM

Apr 2016
Didn't get a single thing but enjoyed it, I guess xD
Oct 31, 2020 10:19 AM

Jan 2017
Even though I have basically almost no knowledge on how Mahjong works, I can still quite enjoy this ep with Youta's antics and Hina's commentary though I wonder what exactly is Tengan's role in the overall story
Oct 31, 2020 10:19 AM

Jul 2017
Getting into the supernatural stuff...and still no clue about what to make of it.

This episode's theme is battling tiles, and no surprise, it's Mahjong...Japanese style. To get to the woman of interest Kako Tengan, Odin a.k.a Hina sure puts in a lot of work for Youta to enter into a mahjong competition that's organized by Kako herself, even if on a friendly and competitive scale.

I'd swear that even with such basic and unrealistic rule knowhow, Youta only got lucky for a comeback because of Hina's "teachings" of stupidity and hilarity. The blank tile being a "printing error" LMFAO that was the best joke I've heard bar none, for someone who plays Mahjong...this insanity is batshit PERFECT!

OH GOD...infusing Mahjong and UNO, DAYUM...what has this game become into, all the rules revwritten into infamy! Honestly, I don't mind spending a day out of 30 days to play Mahjong like Youta. And earning him a place to Kako's attention, that's as GOOD as hitting the pervy jackpot, and the friendzone treatment from Episode 1 repeats here between the two.

Only 13 days left...what a chad MC having spent a day of his Summer vacation just to play Mahjong, and that's time well spent.

Quote of the week: "If UNO allows it, thou may do it".

IF ANYTHING, THIS EPISODE IS GENUINELY INGENIOUS! My favourite episode and defintely the BEST so far. Jun Maeda is a GODDDD
KANLen09Nov 1, 2020 12:20 AM
Oct 31, 2020 10:21 AM

Nov 2016
Marinate1016 said:
Mannnnn, Yota fumbled the bag with Tengan so badly. Wouldn’t be an anime if the MC didn’t run away from an attractive woman literally throwing herself at em.

Need Chad MC

Lelouch0202 said:
Damn Yota, refusing Tengan's advances. At least he's faithful to Izanami, so points for that.

Big brain move would be to gain experience and use it on Izanami, no one should complain..

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 31, 2020 10:29 AM

Dec 2012
Confirmed this world isn't real
Oct 31, 2020 10:31 AM

Jul 2020
When he gonna give hina the headpats ?????

Oct 31, 2020 10:32 AM

Sep 2019
I don’t know shogi so I didn’t understand much but it looked like he destroyed them. Yota wasted his once in a lifetime chance, I’m disappointed in him.

Edit: It wasn’t shogi. Yeah, I’m dumb.
z00nexOct 31, 2020 10:45 AM
Oct 31, 2020 10:33 AM

Jun 2012
Mariothedog said:
I don't have a clue what just happened.

LMAO. Same, this was a totally random episode. I wonder how it's going to play out into the rest of the story.

z00nex said:
I don’t know shogi so I didn’t understand much but it looked like he destroyed them. Yota wasted his once in a lifetime chance, I’m disappointed in him.

That was Mahjong
Oct 31, 2020 10:35 AM

Sep 2019
Glordit said:
Mariothedog said:
I don't have a clue what just happened.

LMAO. Same, this was a totally random episode. I wonder how it's going to play out into the rest of the story.

z00nex said:

That was Mahjong
Oh, I’m disappointed in myself now.
Oct 31, 2020 10:46 AM
Jan 2017
Uno really is the ultimate board game, banger ass episode tho
Oct 31, 2020 10:53 AM
Jul 2018
I keep seeing a goldfish throughout the opening and endings. I wonder what it represents.

This by far was THE most funny episode. The comedy never ceases to amaze me.

I didn't understand what was even happening during that whole thing or even the game they were playing, but I heard uno and bunch of other random phrases. I was laughing out loud the whole entire time, my stomach is literally hurting writing this.

So 13 days left . . . Man I can already tell I'm going to miss this series a whole lot when it's over :(

Oct 31, 2020 11:02 AM
ๅญ”็œŸใƒปใ‚ณใ‚ฆใƒžใ‚ณใƒˆ

Jun 2017
Okay, I'll be frank here.

I've no idea what was going on nearly the entire episode but I couldn't help lol'd. Why? Your guess is as good as mine. Banzai to Uno by the way, one of the very few board games that I actually get.

Narukami managed to woo Tengen-san but he's got his priorities straight, xD. God, just what was this episode supposed to even be? I thought we were going to be getting some answers followed by that weird start to the episode but leave it to Maeda-sensei to fool me yet again.

I need some time to reflect on this episode, like seriously.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 31, 2020 11:10 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm interesting person to be a fan off for Yota. For a god Hina sure is a laid back one. Though drawn in rather unwillingly taking part in this event sure will allow him to get on better terms with not only Tengen but also Kyouko as well. The tournament though sure was amazingly funny. Originality over established rules huh. The inclusion of uno rules only served to enhance it. Overall a pretty random ep but still a very enjoyable one. In the background though im curious what the hacker is actually planning.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2020 11:12 AM
Oct 2020
I don't know any single thing about Mahjong and I have to admit the pacing of this anime is quite random. Though not to say that I don't like it as a whole. In the last 3 episodes, we already had 3 different unrelated thing which are making movies and music for your crush, re-establish ramen shop, and now mahjong. It is very random and might not be related to the main mystery plot of this anime such as Hina's background and the tech company but I enjoy every single moment of it. We barely touches Hina's background and somehow we also have a tech company to focus on which I speculated are related to each other. If I have anything positive to say about the random pacing, it might be for the fact that this anime is about spending your summertime even in an absurd way and Hina is the one who open the path to that because the world is ending in 30 days which is still a mystery on what does it mean.
Oct 31, 2020 11:45 AM

Mar 2020
I don't play majong and watching Youta play a complete unique style of majong just confused me even further.

I loved this episode. I found it pretty humours.

Youta rejected a fine women such as Kako Tengan, he really does love Izanami. Feels bad that Izanami left right after the majong match finished.

Great episode :)
Oct 31, 2020 11:51 AM

Mar 2007
As someone who plays mahjong I have never been so insulted yet so entertained. I tsukomi'd the hell out of this episode. Before I realized it 24 minutes had passed. Narukami Yota should be the mortal enemy of all mahjong lovers. 10/10.
Oct 31, 2020 11:52 AM

Aug 2013
This was a crazy episode. I don't understand mahjong but this was still pretty hilarious.

Youta wasted that chance with Tengan.

Oct 31, 2020 11:56 AM

Jun 2015
I now totally want to rewatch Touhai Densetsu Akagi: Yami ni Maiorita Tensai While binge watching it I learned alot about mahjong, and its an epic show. Perhaps seeing Youta play would have Akagi rolling in his grave or perhaps not.

The mahjong aside, kami showing off her powers I say, and the hacker dude right at the start and the investigation into the philosophical stuff and weird science going on, I am 99.9% certain things are going to get wilder as we progress!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 31, 2020 12:13 PM

Mar 2019
On top of having no idea what was going on most of the episode of course the main character goes with the generic little bitch route. So far this anime has yet to meet expectations.
Soviet_Yunyun93Oct 31, 2020 12:16 PM
Oct 31, 2020 12:20 PM

Jul 2020
It's episodes like this that make me have hope I'm not gonna be sad at the end.

Then I remember who this anime is created by.

But so far it's pretty hilarious, although we're definitely getting into some of the more secretive stuff happening behind the scenes with the hacker and everything.
Oct 31, 2020 12:24 PM

Mar 2014
My man Youta really combined mahjong and uno lmaoo that uno reverse was hilarious

''if you can do it in uno then you can do it here too'' Hina's instructions were so funny. She also helped him get laid, although in the end he didn't wanna tap that. Still, Hina best wingman 2020

I am struggling to put together the scientific and technological info that we've been told. I think, Hina is either AI, or this world is somehow not as it seems. Like a simulation? It's pretty early to say how things will play out. In any case, it's been an entertaining ride so far!

Oct 31, 2020 12:28 PM

Mar 2020
i have absolutely no idea what just happened throughout the game.. but good episode ig?

โโ˜† ๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ, ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ, ๐—บ๐˜† ๐˜ƒ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ โ˜†

๐˜ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฉ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ...โž

Oct 31, 2020 12:29 PM

Nov 2019
Gotta love the fact Youta used UNO Rules for Mahjong. Gave me a good laugh.
Everyone could use some One Piece in their life.
Oct 31, 2020 12:31 PM

Dec 2014
lol he wasted such a good opportunity
Oct 31, 2020 12:34 PM

Aug 2020
I loved this episode.
It keeps me laughing throughout the whole episode.
The Comedy is nicely done in this show.
Although I don't understand that game,It's still fun to watch.
The story is getting more interesting and there is a little bit of a mystery element here.
Oct 31, 2020 12:35 PM

Aug 2019
He really went through all that trouble just for in the end to reject that milf?
Oct 31, 2020 12:40 PM

Sep 2017
Still don't really understand what's going on with the real "plot," but this shows fun moments are fun as hell. Idk shit all about mahjong but that game was still a blast to watch. The chuuni energy was strong.
Oct 31, 2020 12:55 PM

Aug 2012
She wanted to see Youta's ''infinite riichi''.
Oct 31, 2020 1:17 PM

Jun 2020
IF UNO ALLOWS IT, THOU MAY DO IT

words of wisdom.
Oct 31, 2020 1:42 PM

May 2018
Exactly , where the fuck is this really going, are we still in that end of the world , thing and where the hell does that hacker and corporate lady fit in?????
Oct 31, 2020 1:54 PM

Jan 2015
Literally couldn’t stop laughing. One of the most hilarious episodes I’ve watched in a while
Oct 31, 2020 2:16 PM

Jun 2019
The parts with the hacker doesn’t work with the other parts at all. I assume it relates to how the world will end, but I honestly do not know how it relates to anything. It feels too serious and disjointed from the rest of the anime. The game with the main cast was also so dumb and unnecessary. Why introduce another love interest just to throw her away within the same episode? I’m starting to get Charolette vibes from this anime, which is NOT a good thing.
Oct 31, 2020 2:54 PM

Dec 2012
Blue_Maroon said:
The parts with the hacker doesn’t work with the other parts at all. I assume it relates to how the world will end, but I honestly do not know how it relates to anything.

Oct 31, 2020 3:25 PM
Mar 2015
It felt like we were in the middle of an episode of Saki
Oct 31, 2020 3:32 PM

Jun 2019
Rorek said:
Blue_Maroon said:
The parts with the hacker doesn’t work with the other parts at all. I assume it relates to how the world will end, but I honestly do not know how it relates to anything.

Yeah I agree it will probably connect at some point, but they did not do a good job introducing his relevance to the story. This makes his parts feel pointless, detracting from the actual entertaining parts of the story.
Oct 31, 2020 3:37 PM

Apr 2020
Yota pulling that Uno Reverse Card for the win
Oct 31, 2020 3:39 PM

Apr 2019
man this episode was just wayyyy too hilarious, though I feel anxious about what ending Key will bring us this time.

Oct 31, 2020 5:34 PM

Apr 2018
I know nothing about mahjong, but this episode was so entertaining.

I really can't predict what's going to happen next in this show.
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Oct 31, 2020 5:40 PM

Apr 2020
LOL they combined the rules for mahjong and uno together. I was waiting for the +4 rules to come out.

As someone who loves playing mahjong and uno, I loved this episode. I'll see if using an 8 ,9, and 1 works the next time I play. I doubt infinite riichi will.
Oct 31, 2020 5:47 PM

Oct 2012
How low could this anime go? This was complete farce and disgrace of every mahjong game. Creating non-existent yaku was pure bullshit and they spent all the episode on that instead of needed character building. No way is this reminiscent of back to the roots of slice-of-life Key games like Kanon, Little Busters or Clannad, this is pure opposite - ridiculous mess of characters without any real goal.
The anime doesn't really know what it wants to be in the first place.

Honestly, right now I have a feeling Maeda is consciously trolling the viewers. I voiced my worries in the last episode but now this becomes even worse than Charlotte was. Mayoiga level of trolling I mean.
Oct 31, 2020 5:52 PM

Jan 2011
havent had to worry about mahjong since Saki so i only know the names of certain plays but i bet much like all the players in the show anyone that plays mahjong must of been hating themselves watching this lol but it was still silly and i got a Uno Reverse meme out of it.

was not expecting that lady to go in so hard on him at least hes faithful

only thing is i have no clue whats going on in the main plot and not in a good way sure it will be explain soon but the time is tickin fast thought it would be going at a slower pace but were less than 2 weeks till the "endtimes"
Oct 31, 2020 5:53 PM

Jul 2014
Had no idea what the fuck was going on throughout the whole match... these past 2 eps has been... boring to say the least. I had such high expectations for this too.. if it wasn't Ayaneru and Hanae doing the MC's voices I would have dropped this already. I hope this starts picking up next ep. Please don't be another train wreck like Charlotte.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2020

196 by euphoricoddball »»
Feb 1, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 26, 2020

304 by DELLspencer »»
Jan 7, 11:48 AM

» Please give this Anime a Chance!

RjtheGreat14 - Sep 6, 2022

39 by Daekesh »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:53 PM

» Why do people dislike this anime ? ( 1 2 )

kaiki_fan_boy - Dec 29, 2020

92 by HabteG »»
Nov 24, 2023 3:43 PM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2020

171 by ggultra2764 »»
Nov 21, 2023 11:26 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.