Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 30, 2020 5:33 AM

Mar 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Elaina meets again with Fran after a few years, its hard to be a teacher!
Elaina deserves to relax a bit after all the terrible things she witnessed.

She helps another witch, they always get close together...

What a beautiful ending, that was a peaceful episode.
A colleague tried to spoil me the episode saying it was a horrible story, Im glad it was a joke!
Oct 30, 2020 5:38 AM

Nov 2011
Anyways, the episode had Flan return and it makes it all worthwhile to watch her return with Elaina. She makes the perfect role as a mentor and role model for the younger witches/wizards.

To me, Elaina also seems to have a bit since their reunion so that was worthwhile to see.

Mod Edit: Text Removed.
Koito91Oct 30, 2020 6:20 AM
Oct 30, 2020 6:21 AM

Apr 2010
Elaina helping out her teacher was nice.
The chase part with the students was funny and made me think of Harry Potter, what was that game again where they where chasing the ball.

Also Elaina ignoring the bishi's advances was a good thing and she also managed to ignore the other guy.
You need to have some form of resistance when traveling after all.
Oct 30, 2020 6:29 AM

Feb 2019
Thank God we got a light hearted episode after the past few weeks of sad/dark stories. This was a nice opportunity for Elaina to reaffirm her commitment to her journey after being tempted by her sensei to stay at the academy. You could see how happy Fran and proud was inside about Elaina’s decision to keep travelling.

Great episode, let’s see what next week brings for my second fave show of the season.
Oct 30, 2020 6:32 AM
Jan 2019
fran and elaina reunited! this was a very lovable and peaceful episode, i enjoyed it a lot. this anime is by far my favourite anime of the season, looking forward to next week!
Oct 30, 2020 6:34 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode. The chase sequence was fun but when Fran-sensei showed up, I kinda knew this episode was gonna be awesome.

Based on Fran's reactions, I guess it's almost confirmed that Elaina's Mom wrote the Adventures of Nike and it's very likely that Fran-sensei is Elaina's Mom's disciple. Makes sense as to why she was in the forest and why Elaina's parents reached out to her to teach Elaina.

Loved the reunion and it was a lot of fun watching Elaina teach the students. That poor fish though, struggling between life and death because of Elaina and Fran-sensei. xD
It was a nice touch to have Fran-sensei teach Elaina yet another important lesson, even though she likely knew it, she still had to hear it. That people do things because they like them and like making other people happy. It was a very nice moment when Elaina realized why she really liked that particular country.

The send off was great and Elaina's elated face really made the whole thing worth.

Fran-sensei's book in that other country with that statue of her though. "This is a little too much"
Oct 30, 2020 6:35 AM

Aug 2012
Hahaha, that guy got launched when asking for Elaina's panties! This kinda felt like the last episode.
Oct 30, 2020 6:41 AM
Feb 2018
Although the last two episodes had gloomy undertones this weeks episode made up for it
Oct 30, 2020 6:42 AM

Aug 2013
Ah, Fran-sense. It's good to see you again.

The chase with Elaina and the students was fun. It reminds me of the quidditch game from Harry Potter.

It makes sense that Elaina's mother is the traveler that she read as a kid.

Great episode overall. That ending tho. Fran-sensei is a bit too famous.

Oct 30, 2020 6:45 AM
Jul 2019
After those two dark episodes, we finally get to see another light-hearted one. Elaina met Fran-sensei and had fun with her class.

Nothing much happened except new background regarding Fran and a hidden message regarding Elaina's mom. I did wonder how she got a connection with Fran, who is a famous witch in different countries.

And with that, Volume 1 should be finished. Looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 30, 2020 6:49 AM
Jul 2019
This was the episode that I have been waiting for. The moment when Elaina and Fran finally meet each other again. This episode was a nice refresher after the darker stories from the previous two episodes, and it was heartwarming from start to finish. Fran is still adorable and dorky as ever and Kana Hanazawa does a great job with voicing her. Fran is even going by the directors code of “no underwear” when she blasted that one student asking what color Elaina’s panties were lmao! I’m also glad they got the last scene with the flower petals down. Talk about a streak of back to back 10/10 episodes! I was happy that the studio got to adapt this part of the LN because it was my favorite part of volume 1. It was a nice break from those darker episodes from the past 2 weeks and Elaina’s reunion with Fran was great because of the friendship they had established and that it was Elaina’s turn to be the teacher this time for those magic students. A nice parallel indeed. Whether people like it or not, I’m glad that I got into this series. This is hands down my favorite anime of this season. I’ll be looking forward too next week as usual as volume 2 gets adapted next.
Oct 30, 2020 6:54 AM

Oct 2017
About time Flan sensei came back. After all the fucked up stuff that happened this was a breath of fresh air.
Oct 30, 2020 6:57 AM

Oct 2015
hot take : if only all remaining episodes will be like this one. But it's impossible if we see ln art.
Oct 30, 2020 7:00 AM

Apr 2014
Beautiful and heartwarming episode.
I thought that Elaina's mother is actually the legendary Nike and Fran sensei is her student who later becomes a new traveler. Or, Fran is Nike herself.

And, Fran sensei has her own merchandise. I hope Elaina would buy some of them.

何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 30, 2020 7:00 AM

Jan 2014
First one to catch the Ashen snitch!

Pretty cute episode, it was nice to go back to the more light hearted tone this week.
Oct 30, 2020 7:03 AM

Jan 2019
Damn! This episode was awesome!
Love the comedic moments from this episode.
That farewell with sensei and her student was fucking wholesome.
6/5
Holo no Graffiti is the best anime of all time... peko
Oct 30, 2020 7:06 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well it was sure a cute episode, nice to see that Elaina met her teacher once again, and she helped her with her students, some scenes were beautiful like for example with the sakura petals and that last scene with the teacher... also nice that her book worked
Oct 30, 2020 7:06 AM
Jul 2018
This reminded me of To Luv Ru, especially asking your teacher about her panties' color.

This felt like Yuru Yuri meets To Luv Ru meets Kiss Him not Me.

This series hasn't built any complicated characters. Even Elaina can be predicted to a nice extent too. This made this ep kind of boring. This felt like a filler nostalgic episode that should be an OVA instead of an actual episode.

Her MOM was Fran's teacher. This is the only information guess we got, which could be useful like (MAYBE) in ep 12 Elaina going to her mom and calling her by her actual name.
removed-userOct 30, 2020 7:10 AM
Oct 30, 2020 7:12 AM

Jan 2013
im happy Fran is back for an ep and not a complete one-off lol
needed a nice wholesome episode like this to take a break from the last two (three kinda?) endings
Oct 30, 2020 7:26 AM

Jul 2017
Episode 1's story...CONTINUED? GREAT! After the dark and heavy episodes of prior, this Slice-of-Life-ish episode is back for the remedy.

Elaina the Ashen "Snitch" Witch encountering a Harry Potter-ish Quidditch-esque match is godlike LOLs. AND IT'S HIGH TIME we got to see Fran-sensei back once again after a timeskip. Their interactions are greatly improved since their skirmish, and it's great to see both Teacher and Student get along like normal.

HEH that one pervertic boy asking for Elaina's panty colour...good thing Fran-sensei had it done quick (and keeping to the novelist's requirements of no fanservice). He reminds me of Neville Longbottom (not just by the hair colour alone). Plus the brown-haired student, she and Elaina is like Harry and Cho though (sorry I can't just relent on the amount of Harry Potter references), plus the other students who also bear resemblances to Harry's friends-in-arms. In fact, Royal Celesteria has a whole Hogwarts feeling to it.

Well, thank God those flowers from Fran-sensei AREN'T those from the previous episode (of dark). A good bid of farewell into Elaina's future journeys from Fran-sensei and her students, leave a fuzzy warmth of hearts.

Great episode. Fran-sensei even has her own merch, I would buy that for a dollar!
Oct 30, 2020 7:27 AM

Dec 2018
And ofc the anime male are irritating and sexual harassing the females.No surprise there. I really dislike males in anime!

I didn't like the episode the last week. The week before that .And i dont like this episode either. That are IMO 3 horrible episodes in a row now

Yuri-CrusaderOct 30, 2020 7:32 AM
Oct 30, 2020 7:32 AM

Aug 2018
A feel good episode this week to offset the prior 2 weeks doom and gloom. Nice!
Oct 30, 2020 7:39 AM

Apr 2020
(Firstly, I gotta say the OP and ED are really great. Hope you have the same opinion)

Alright finally a normal, slice-of-life episode! Fran and Elaina reunited after a couple of years in Royal Celestria. The city is actually peaceful, might be fun to live there (ofc I can't though). And then we got a whole group of students ganging up on Elaina, ok I guess might be fun.

After a long day, Elaina obviously won since she is an expert. And when she finally saw Fran again, I know she was gonna cry there but damn she kept it to herself. Anyways, we got Elaina teaching Fran's students and that is something we haven't seen since Episode 2 with Saya. And it kinda looks more pleasant this time around, I love the wholesomeness of Elaina teaching younger students and the chemistry between student to teacher was there. Btw I love the scene where a student asked Elaina on what's her favorite place so far, and Elaina just straight up said it's Royal Celestria. I mean from Episode 3 and Episode 4, yeah that's fucking obvious right there.

Then we get to the part with Flan and Elaina looking into the sunset. When Flan brought up "The Adventures of Nikeh", I kinda thought that she was the apprentice of Nikeh and became the new traveller (theory there). And when they mentioned the flowers...hana...bulaklak...the flashbacks of Episode 3 is making me crazy there, damn they brought that up to us.

That farewell scene was kinda touching. We're gonna miss the students and Flan (again) and with that after 2 weeks of despair and agony, we finally got a normal touching episode! Let's see what Elaina bumps in to next week.
Oct 30, 2020 7:49 AM

Aug 2018
Very good use of soundtrack - the tone fits the nostalgic feeling from Elaina.
Oct 30, 2020 7:51 AM

Apr 2016
A great episode. Good to see Fran again. I thought they would adapt this chapter in the final episode. This is the best thing about episodic story, even though you know the story beforehand, you can't predict what is going to be in the next episode.

6/5. Plus 1 for the farewell!
Aug 2016
Yuri-Crusader said:
And ofc the anime male are irritating and sexual harassing the females.No surprise there. I really dislike males in anime!

I didn't like the episode the last week. The week before that .And i dont like this episode either. That are IMO 3 horrible episodes in a row now

Facts. I feel that the original writing for this reunion isn't long but the production team extend the story to fit in one episode. Yeah and a lot of boring scenes, especially the teaching part, its not like they willing to make good animation and fluid transition between scenes.

Apr 2019
a relief that this was a lot better than last weeks episode, mght be the best episode so far

Oct 30, 2020 7:52 AM

Aug 2017
Flan-sensei is back, missed her. And this serie looks really beautiful. Another good episode.
Oct 30, 2020 7:54 AM
Jul 2019
anstar019 said:
This reminded me of To Luv Ru, especially asking your teacher about her panties' color.

This felt like Yuru Yuri meets To Luv Ru meets Kiss Him not Me.

This series hasn't built any complicated characters. Even Elaina can be predicted to a nice extent too. This made this ep kind of boring. This felt like a filler nostalgic episode that should be an OVA instead of an actual episode.

Her MOM was Fran's teacher. This is the only information guess we got, which could be useful like (MAYBE) in ep 12 Elaina going to her mom and calling her by her actual name.
Fran said she knew that Elaina was traveling from her mother, not that her mother was actually Fran’s teacher. It could be possible though.
UncleJojoOct 30, 2020 8:42 AM
Oct 30, 2020 8:06 AM

Jan 2016
probably the weakest episode so far, but it makes sense after the last 2 episodes were so good. Nice to see Fran sensei again, it seems that she is quite a popular witch.
Oct 30, 2020 8:34 AM

Feb 2016
Notice how Elaina never relied on magic spells to escape from the magic students.

Now it's clear that there are "witch jobs" out there, which means that Elaina could have interfered in affairs she's not good at and decided to leave it to more capable hands. I know I'm asking too much to the average MAL user to finally understand this, but, it's there at least.

It's more than clear why Elaina decided to be a witch just to travel, and everyone including her teacher respects that.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 30, 2020 8:36 AM

Jun 2019
Another great episode, this episode was typical of the kind of show I was expecting to see, although I'm not disappointed. Because the last few episodes were more melancholy and sad, it's made this episode feel lighter and more happy by comparison. This show is going for the authentic and realistic method of story telling, where the audience gets to observe both the best and worst of humanity through our MC.

The leading conversation with Miss Fran when Elaina arrived leads me to suspect t hat Elaina's mother may have been a witch and a traveler when she was younger, and I wouldn't bet against her being the author of Elaina's favourite book, Tales of Nike. Thus Elain's mum was the one who experienced all the stories and in the end settled down with her husband and had Elaina. And now it's Elaina's turn to travel, just as Nike's apprentice did in the story. That would be a story writers ending, we'll see.

Maybe Elaina's mum was called Nike as a witch and Fran was her apprentice, that's a bit of a stretch, but maybe?

Some beautiful settings in this episode.
23feanorOct 30, 2020 8:43 AM
Oct 30, 2020 8:37 AM
Feb 2014
So we got anything to bitch and cry about this week?

Yuri-Crusader said:

Well the show is gonna be like this, so best advice would be just to drop it.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenNov 11, 2020 1:01 PM
Oct 30, 2020 8:46 AM
Jul 2018
UncleJojo said:
anstar019 said:

Fran said she knew that Elaina was traveling from her mother, not that her mother was actually Fran’s teacher.

Well! This is my speculation as this show has always been on the predictable side, Maybe in near future, I am proved wrong but there isn't much of a mystery behind this show anyway. There aren't ships, So predicting future content is the only thing I can do.{Btw I am not an LN reader.}
Oct 30, 2020 8:48 AM
Jul 2019
23feanor said:
Another great episode, this episode was typical of the kind of show I was expecting to see, although I'm not disappointed. Because the last few episodes were more melancholy and sad, it's made this episode feel lighter and more happy by comparison. This show is going for the authentic and realistic method of story telling, where the audience gets to observe both the best and worst of humanity through our MC.

The leading conversation with Miss Fran when Elaina arrived leads me to suspect t hat Elaina's mother mother may have been a witch and a traveler when she was younger, and I wouldn't bet against her being the author of Elaina's favourite book, Tales of Nike. Thus Elain's mum was the one who experienced all the stories and in the end settled down with her husband and had Elaina. And now it's Elaina's turn to travel, just as Nike's apprentice did in the story. That would be a story writers ending, we'll see.

Some beautiful settings in this episode.
It could be possible, though the only thing we heard about Elaina’s mom this ep was that Fran would visit her and that she learned that Elaina had been traveling. Plus the writer of writer of that book was Nike herself, but the fact that Elaina’s parents are still unnamed does support your theory and adds to who Elaina’s mom is. The LN is still ongoing so that would be an interesting story element. Very well said.

anstar019 said:
UncleJojo said:
Fran said she knew that Elaina was traveling from her mother, not that her mother was actually Fran’s teacher.

Well! This is my speculation as this show has always been on the predictable side, Maybe in near future, I am proved wrong but there isn't much of a mystery behind this show anyway. There aren't ships, So predicting future content is the only thing I can do.{Btw I am not an LN reader.}
That’s fine. I wasn’t bashing your theory or anything, but it was a nice theory you made. With the light novel still on going, it would be an interesting plot element that Elaina will suddenly learn about. It’s all good.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenNov 11, 2020 1:02 PM
Oct 30, 2020 9:36 AM

Nov 2016
Just here to say that I'm delighted about Fran-senseis return.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 30, 2020 9:39 AM

Mar 2016
Idk if anyone noticed it, but when Fran talked to Elaina about liking flowers or butterflies, I felt like there was far more notable significance with the subtleties here.

Flowers and butterflies, imo, perfectly represent the nature of how Elaina goes about with her journey.

Flowers don't usually last long, usually 1-2 weeks in perfect scenarios, which is akin to Elaina's normally short stays in each country she visits.

Butterflies don't usually stick around to one area or specific location and never have an actual nest or hive like ants or bees to return to (especially the migratory species, whom will only return to their birthplace to fulfill the end of their lives for the next generation). This is sorta parallel to the "wandering" and transient nature of how Elaina travels.

Maybe I'm looking too deep into this, but I personally felt like these were some great nuanced details to this already amazing series.
Oct 30, 2020 9:45 AM
Apr 2014
Ryuseishun said:
Idk if anyone noticed it, but when Fran talked to Elaina about liking flowers or butterflies, I felt like there was far more notable significance with the subtleties here.

Flowers and butterflies, imo, perfectly represent the nature of how Elaina goes about with her journey.

Flowers don't usually last long, usually 1-2 weeks in perfect scenarios, which is akin to Elaina's normally short stays in each country she visits.

Butterflies don't usually stick around to one area or specific location and never have an actual nest or hive like ants or bees to return to (especially the migratory species, whom will only return to their birthplace to fulfill the end of their lives for the next generation). This is sorta parallel to the "wandering" and transient nature of how Elaina travels.

Maybe I'm looking too deep into this, but I personally felt like these were some great nuanced details to this already amazing series.

An interesting analysis. I was wondering about this point, thanks for clarifying that.
Oct 30, 2020 9:48 AM

Mar 2016
tomarwan said:
Ryuseishun said:

An interesting analysis. I was wondering about this point, thanks for clarifying that.

Yep and it also makes Fran's farewell gift to Elaina in the form of flower petals that looked somewhat like butterflies all that more meaningful. The show is already so amazing with its themes and characters that the nuanced details just really help to enhance them even more. It's sad how ep 3 made FAR TOO MANY people misunderstand and misjudge the show and Elaina as a whole.
Oct 30, 2020 10:04 AM
May 2014
so Nike is Elaina's mother that took Fran as an apprentice? it fits too well
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2020 10:19 AM

Oct 2011
So good to see Fran again!
Oct 30, 2020 10:30 AM

Aug 2018
Look like today's episode was quite lighthearted. Elaina finally meeting back with her sensei.
Overall 5 out of 10

Oct 30, 2020 11:16 AM

Dec 2008
Slytherin in action.

Boring episode.
Oct 30, 2020 12:11 PM

Jan 2015
AnimeFlyz said:
So we got anything to bitch and cry about this week?

Lmaooooo you won. Let them seethe
Oct 30, 2020 12:53 PM

Jul 2012
This isn't my favorite show this season, but if I look at things critically it might be the best show this season and one of the best shows this year.

I think my love for Pokemon and Spice and Wolf with their adventure themes leads me to love this show a lot too.
Oct 30, 2020 1:08 PM

Mar 2019
Elaina is the most beautiful witch for me...She has a great character and personality, beautiful long white hair and she supports the others. Well I cannot blame the guy asking if she has a boyfriend while the other asking her pantsu color is just complete a weirdo.

She travels and travels, she is doing that thing I would love to do (not now surely but one day when everything is fine again). Travel through different countries, learning new things is really wonderful
Oct 30, 2020 1:58 PM

Apr 2020
Still wondering what color those panties were

We got to see Fran and what she was up to.
Ending was a bit sad.
Pretty good so far
Oct 30, 2020 2:29 PM

Jan 2020
Really good episode like usual. After the 2 serious episodes this was a welcome and fun episode.

I can't wait for next week

Oct 30, 2020 2:39 PM
Jul 2018
Ah yes the ara queen is back! :D

It was nice to see Elaine get a little bit of a break considering all the things she's seen now. I wonder how the next episode will play out!
Oct 30, 2020 2:45 PM

Dec 2019
Not so surprising we get a Hogwarts episode. Even though this episode was lacking It was pleasing to have a lighthearted episode.

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know how long Elaina has been traveling and what age she started

Ninja_inslops - Nov 1, 2021

8 by Ranka-Nyan »»
Apr 19, 9:38 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2020

243 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 12, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2020

129 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 11, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2020

173 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 9, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

276 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 9, 7:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.