Forum Settings
Forums

Is there any anime you hold in such a high regard, that you just wanna shove it down everyone else's throats, without even taking into consideration their feelings?

New
Jul 25, 2020 5:24 PM
May 2018
For me that anime, or rather two anime, are Zone of the Enders: 2167 Idolo, and its sequel Zone of the Enders: Dolores, I, both of which were released around the release of the first Zone of the Enders game for PS2 (one of the best mecha games of all times, btw...).

These days I don't really like to get into stupid explanations, but basically, I really like these guys.

It also has legends like Takehito Koyasu, Tessyo Genda, Hoko Kuwashima, and Yoshiko Sakakibara, so there's that too...

https://myanimelist.net/anime/1248/Zone_of_the_Enders__2167_Idolo
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1249/Zone_of_the_Enders__Dolores_I

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 25, 2020 5:45 PM

Feb 2020
Bikini Warriors, shits amazing and more people will watch it.
Jul 25, 2020 5:50 PM

Feb 2016
There is such a manga, but I will not name it in consideration of peoples' feelings.
その目だれの目?
Jul 25, 2020 5:51 PM
Jun 2020
Oban Star-Racers.

Nobody apart from myself seems to have even heard of it.
Lucifrost said:
There is such a manga, but I will not name it in consideration of peoples' feelings.
You got my attention. Spill out the beans.
Jul 25, 2020 6:04 PM

Apr 2019
wape said:
Oban Star-Racers.
It's on the The Anime Uber-Elitist Club's plebs list, which I consider the finest anime recommendation list ever compiled. So at least a few elitists hear you. I've completed over 90% of it, and to my disgrace: Oban is in the pending 10% ...

Jul 25, 2020 6:05 PM

Oct 2013
Not really, but I noticed that LotGH fans are pretty salty to everyone who dares to if not criticize their beloved cartoon, then even to people who are simply not interested in it, in its genre or prefer other franchises in space (like Gundam, Star Wars, Star Trek etc.). Basically your regular elitists with their childish perspective, lol.

@wape, you are wrong. I heard about it and saw it long ago. It had its flaws, but the story was really good and I was a fan of it years ago. I would love to see a continuation or a remake, to be honest.
Jul 25, 2020 6:13 PM

May 2015
Cross Ange. I don't care if you dislike it. I don't care if you hate it. I don't care if you despise it. I don't care if you resent it. I don't care if you trash it. I don't care if you condemn it. I don't care if you abhor it. I just want you to watch it.
Jul 25, 2020 6:20 PM

Jun 2019
inim said:
Nobody apart from myself seems to have even heard of it.It's on the The Anime Uber-Elitist Club's plebs list, which I consider the finest anime recommendation list ever compiled. So at least a few elitists hear you. I've completed over 90% of it, and to my disgrace: Oban is in the pending 10% ...

It's been on my PTW list for a few months now since I first heard about it via someone mentioning it in a thread on here and prompting me to look into it. It's one of the series I'd like to actually queue up next, but my dilemma is that I only seem able to find it available (English) dubbed online or in Japanese raws sans English subtitles, whereas when I set about watching it I'd prefer the original Japanese audio with subs or even French language audio (since it was a Franco-Japanese co-production with a French creator but Japanese animation studio). I recently started a thread topic on the Oban Star Racers series sub-forum on this very matter, but hardly expect any forthcoming responses.

Jul 25, 2020 6:34 PM

Apr 2010
I don't shove anything down anyone's throats, but if I did it would be Hajime No Ippo. I don't care that you think over 1000 chapters is long. i don't care how long it takes you, or if you dislike sports Anime and boxing. You will sit down, you will read it, and you will get up to date.
Jul 25, 2020 6:38 PM

May 2018
No that sound like an elitist thing will do.
Jul 25, 2020 6:43 PM

Apr 2019
Adnash93 said:
Basically your regular elitists with their childish perspective, lol.
Gorochu said:
Please don't confuse being an asshole (as in shoving down one's throat) with having a different taste than yours. There is no need for stereotype bashing. Thank you.

Jul 25, 2020 6:44 PM

Feb 2016
inim said:
wape said:
Oban Star-Racers.
It's on the The Anime Uber-Elitist Club's plebs list, which I consider the finest anime recommendation list ever compiled. So at least a few elitists hear you. I've completed over 90% of it, and to my disgrace: Oban is in the pending 10% ...

Hey, my all time worst anime is on that list! It's not Oban Star-Racers, which I never heard of before.
その目だれの目?
Jul 25, 2020 6:46 PM

Oct 2009
From the last season, I can't stop talking about "My Next Life as a Villainess". It really was a fun series and there's a new season happening next year. So, yeah!

Also, Great Teacher Onizuka!!!
Jul 25, 2020 6:48 PM

Feb 2019
I usually don't do such a thing, but in a situation I may, there'll only be one anime that I'll shove down their throats. And that is, Sora Yori mo Tooi Basho. 11/10 masterpiece.
Jul 25, 2020 6:57 PM

May 2018
inim said:
Adnash93 said:
Gorochu said:
Please don't confuse being an asshole (as in shoving down one's throat) with having a different taste than yours. There is no need for stereotype bashing. Thank you.

People are elitist for being an asshole,not because they have different taste. Definition of elitist has nothing to do with having different taste.
Jul 25, 2020 6:59 PM

Nov 2019
inim said:
Please don't confuse being an asshole(as in shoving down one's throat) with having a different taste than yours.

Except that is elitism. Elitism is just an attitude, not a particular taste. Your favorite anime could be SAO and you can still be an elitist.
sneed's feed and seed
formerly chuck's
Jul 25, 2020 7:07 PM
Sep 2019
Personally speaking,for me, it would be either Fullmetal Alchemist: Brootherhood or JoJo's Bizzarre Adventures. They are two animes that I will never stop enjoying and I wish more people appreciated them just like me. I'd add Neon Genesis Evangelion too, but after a very heated discussion with a friend, I realized that it is not everyone cup of tea.
Jul 25, 2020 7:27 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
wape said:
Oban Star-Racers.

Lucifrost said:

You’ve found me. Finally, a person who knows of Oban!

Oban is an amazing anime. One of my all-time favorites.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 25, 2020 7:34 PM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
SendGoodAnime said:
Monogatari series is simply a masterpiece

This^ and Oregairu, Jojo's and Mawaru Penguindrum
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Jul 25, 2020 7:43 PM

Oct 2019
JoJo's and Banana Fish. Don't care whether you'll like it or not, just want people to give 'em the views they deserve.
Jul 25, 2020 7:45 PM
Nov 2019
Definitely Steins;Gate, I can give you at least 10 arguments of why you should watch it (I mean, it's the second most upvoted anime in myanimelist)

Also Gintama, but some people don't like the 3:4 proportion so I don't bother that much.
Jul 25, 2020 8:16 PM

Oct 2013
inim said:
Adnash93 said:
Gorochu said:

I tried for a very long time, trust me, but each time I hear that somebody is an elitist or each time I see somebody bragging about having a refined taste in anime, I experience that kind of behaviour. Like @PraiseTheSun123 said, that's how elitism look like. Sure, it is different from what essentially it could have been defined as, but people made it look like a joke, more like a trait of edgy radicals who usually are ignorants and - as you mentioned - assholes as well. Therefore it's not my fault that most if not all "elitists" I saw were like that, regardless if it was in conversations I held myself or in those I did not participate in, but only read on forum.

@Daeb, challenge accepted. Gimme 'em! I'm planning to watch it in the nearest future anyway, but I would appreciate some encouragement different than mentioning that it has high mean score. :P
Jul 25, 2020 8:19 PM
Nov 2019
Twelve kingdoms
Twelve kingdoms
Twelve kingdoms
Twelve kingdoms
Jul 25, 2020 8:24 PM

Mar 2020
i wouldn't say i'd 'shove it down their throats' but if anybody ever asked me for anime recommendations and what not, i'm definitely suggestions trigun and fruits basket every time

❝☆ 𝗧𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿, 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿, 𝗺𝘆 𝘃𝗼𝗶𝗰𝗲 ☆

𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶...

Jul 25, 2020 8:30 PM

Apr 2019
Adnash93 said:
inim said:

I tried for a very long time, trust me, but each time I hear that somebody is an elitist or each time I see somebody bragging about having a refined taste in anime, I experience that kind of behavior.
There's the problematic word: "refined". I'm a grown man with college degree. Of course I watch "refined" anime, what else? Am I expected to watch teens with harems fighting each other in a high-school setting, in Photoshop effects gloss animation quality? Hardly, not my target group. I really love those smarter and older shows, from the bottom of my heart. And it's age-adequate :)

My problem here is that the perpetual normie-vs-elitist casual bashing is a fight between two factions of teenagers who is cooler. And both factions do what teenagers do, they generalize (aka herd mentality) and fight. My problem is that I'm an "elitist" not because I wannabe mature and intellectual, I'm really this old and brainy.

Phew, that needed to get out.
inimJul 25, 2020 8:35 PM

Jul 25, 2020 8:41 PM

Sep 2015
Houseki no Kuni/Land of the Lustrous, I love that show so much and wish I knew more people who watched it so I could discuss it. Also, Kino no Tabi would be another which I love
Jul 25, 2020 8:42 PM

Nov 2012
wape said:
Oban Star-Racers.

HOLY CRAP YES. I saw adverts for it on Jetix while watching Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go and got ABSOLUTELY HOOKED. I really did not expect a French-Japanese anime licensed by Jetix to go as hard as Oban Star Racers did BUT IT DID.

Anyways as for me, Mob Psycho 100. If you claim to like good animation and haven't seen it, what are you even doing?
Jul 25, 2020 8:48 PM

Aug 2018
Yes, everything I like. If I like something it's because it's good, simple as that. If you disagree it's because you are an ignorant casual without taste.
Jul 25, 2020 9:04 PM

Aug 2016
Nope, because I´m not 12 years old anymore.
:v
Jul 25, 2020 9:16 PM
May 2016
Gintama, I will never shut up about Gintama, but also at the same time, I do, because I don't want to give away too many spoilers
Jul 25, 2020 9:59 PM

Jun 2020
Kimi No na Wa, I don't care about anyone's feelings just fucking watch it

I said keep your hands on the table
Jul 25, 2020 10:09 PM

Nov 2014
Fairy Tail. That show got a special place in my heart,it helped me a lot and made me laugh and smile at hard times,also my first anime.
Jul 25, 2020 10:11 PM

Nov 2014
DaCraziGuy said:
Yes, everything I like. If I like something it's because it's good, simple as that. If you disagree it's because you are an ignorant casual without taste.
lmao thats a big mood,also nice profile pic haha
Jul 25, 2020 10:14 PM

Jul 2019
I try not to do that because I don't like to annoy people, however, if I see someone with a similar taste, I would gladly recommend him/her couple of my favourites.
Jul 26, 2020 6:27 AM
Jul 2018
I'd urge the fans of Beastars and anime directed by Junichi Sato to watch Maple Town because that bunny mc is adorable and with Japanese voice acting even more so, same for the other characters.
I don't care for your feelings, blame the distributors first and then the fansubbers. Though at least there is a Spanish DVD.

MichaelJackson said:
Nope, because I´m not 12 years old anymore.

At 12 I would never dare do such things!
Jul 26, 2020 6:34 AM
Apr 2020
definitely charlotte, for some reason i just love everything about it
plot is partially unique
characters are just simply awesome and, i shit you not, with no tsunderes (ikr)
ending is just so cool, he becomes a complete badass and some small details like protagonists ability are just surprising and fun to watch
Jul 26, 2020 6:37 AM
Apr 2020
simonitro said:
From the last season, I can't stop talking about "My Next Life as a Villainess". It really was a fun series and there's a new season happening next year. So, yeah!

Also, Great Teacher Onizuka!!!

bro i loved it (even though i didnt manage to finish it because i had around 2738752498 other animes on my bookmarks) but its just so unique
there was only one thing which i didnt like about it and it was the fact that some characters werent unique (they were only shy, or only nice and i believe if they added at least 1 more "bit of personality" to them it wouldve made the anime absolutely perfect for me)
Jul 26, 2020 7:00 AM

Mar 2015
Damn OP just straight up calling out JoJo fans with that title lol
Jul 26, 2020 7:10 AM

Nov 2016
That's not really my thing though the closest I came to that was during the heydays of game of thrones.
Jul 26, 2020 7:20 AM

Jun 2015
Lucifrost said:
inim said:

Hey, my all time worst anime is on that list! It's not Oban Star-Racers, which I never heard of before.
Do you mean Totoro? If that's the case, why?
Jul 26, 2020 7:24 AM
Sep 2019
3-Gatsu no Lion because it's criminally undermentioned. Also Vinland Saga for the same reasons.
Jul 26, 2020 7:26 AM
Nov 2016
wape said:
Oban Star-Racers.

Lucifrost said:
i used to watch on tv as a kid so I watched it again for the nostalgia and it was meh
Jul 26, 2020 7:31 AM

Oct 2013
Mirai said:
Damn OP just straight up calling out JoJo fans with that title lol

Dunno if I agree or not with what you wrote, so I'm gonna just leave a marvelous posing scene:

;))
Jul 26, 2020 7:34 AM

Jan 2019
Toaru lol. Well I'd recommend Railgun more than Index, but that's just in terms of anime. The LN of Index is amazing, but more specifically New Testament which is the sequel to Index anime. If anyone is remotely interested in its world building, lore and epicness, do check it out.
Jul 26, 2020 7:37 AM

Apr 2016
This question is just taking shots at JoJo fans

Jul 26, 2020 8:06 AM
Jun 2020
inim said:
wape said:
Oban Star-Racers.
It's on the The Anime Uber-Elitist Club's plebs list, which I consider the finest anime recommendation list ever compiled. So at least a few elitists hear you. I've completed over 90% of it, and to my disgrace: Oban is in the pending 10%...
That's quite a list. Whoever made that knew the deal and certainly didn't miss. The club interests me deeply but for several reasons I won't join it although from time to time I'll check it for some obscure anime to watch. I might very well bookmark it now.

Netbug said:
wape said:
Oban Star-Racers.

HOLY CRAP YES. I saw adverts for it on Jetix while watching Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go and got ABSOLUTELY HOOKED. I really did not expect a French-Japanese anime licensed by Jetix to go as hard as Oban Star Racers did BUT IT DID.
The French folks are truly good at these. They also made the masterpiece known as Code Lyoko.

ChartTopper60 said:
wape said:
Oban Star-Racers.

You’ve found me. Finally, a person who knows of Oban! Oban is an amazing anime. One of my all-time favorites.
Weirdly enough, despite you being an active forum user, I never checked your profile thus missing the fact you had it to your favorites.

Nevertheless, I'm happy that you like it as much as I.

@Adnash93 - I heard that they either wanted to make a continuation or a live action. I haven't been up to date but still, no news on regards of that. Maybe it got axed!?

@WatchTillTandava - Oban it's one of those shows that is unappealing to alot mainly because of it's character design. Fortunately for everyone, it compensates with its good story and in almost all of the cases, good character development. Some characters are really relatable and impossible to hate. It's one of the reasons to why I love this anime so much, aside of the childhood factor.
Jul 26, 2020 8:34 AM

Apr 2019
wape said:
inim said:
It's on the The Anime Uber-Elitist Club's plebs list, which I consider the finest anime recommendation list ever compiled. So at least a few elitists hear you. I've completed over 90% of it, and to my disgrace: Oban is in the pending 10%...
That's quite a list. Whoever made that knew the deal and certainly didn't miss. The club interests me deeply but for several reasons I won't join it although from time to time I'll check it for some obscure anime to watch. I might very well bookmark it now.
Unfortunately that club is defunct for years now. The closest thing to successors are The Garbage Connoisseurs and Critics and Connoisseurs for very bad and very "elitist" anime. Both are active and keep their list as "anime relations". Honorable mentions to Unpopular Anime Supporters and Hidden Gems of Anime who are both very active and have cool anime relation lists (and actively maintain them still).

Jul 26, 2020 8:58 AM

Nov 2018
Lucifrost said:

Just name it already,you shouldn't care about other feelings.If not then just text me secretly,nobody is gonna read it then.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Jul 26, 2020 9:18 AM

Feb 2016
Unowen said:
Lucifrost said:

Do you mean Totoro? If that's the case, why?

The list includes a number of anime I find myself unable to respect. As much as I dislike Totoro, it's far from the worst.
その目だれの目?
Jul 26, 2020 9:24 AM

Nov 2016
No, unless I want to make people hate the anime.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Would you support AI generated Anime?

Dragevard - May 1

48 by verysillyguy »»
22 minutes ago

» J. Michael Tatum Appreciation Thread

APolygons2 - 9 hours ago

11 by APolygons2 »»
48 minutes ago

» According to MAL, what are your anime hidden gems? ( 1 2 )

NoelleIsSleepy - May 2

85 by chocomayu »»
48 minutes ago

Poll: » Your favourite genre with predominantly female cast?

Sanjay63773 - 9 hours ago

22 by FanofAction »»
53 minutes ago

» Opinions on the state of the BL genre? ( 1 2 )

decco6226 - May 2

73 by Memore »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.