Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 12 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 20, 2020 9:48 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, the first half of this episode was chilling, especially seeing the magic and the circumstances involved. At least Catalina realizes the truth of the case now though. She's been trying to avoid her doomed flag this whole time so the finale has her to take action.

I really do like seeing Catalina's fierceless nature from this finale though. She walks in like a boss to put herself at risk to make things right. Oh and the inner courtroom makes another appearance! What a show honestly, this marked for an otome isekai adaptation I wanted to see for years. Fantastic anime imo.

Btw Season 2 announced for 2021

https://natalie.mu/comic/news/384199
Stark700Jun 20, 2020 9:56 AM
Jun 20, 2020 9:52 AM

Jul 2017
The last quest to save Sirius from his doom, Katarina and the rest's attempt for one last hurrah.

A sacrifical ceremony for an illegitimate child...to force dark magic into Sirius, what a bad circumstance of events for this boy. But nevertheless, a life saving is a life worth living, and Katarina saw a sliver of hope in this darkness-infested body, to show love. And we got Sirius's real name: Raphael.

The quest for Sirius to exact his revenge on the people whom killed his illegiitmate mother, finally done a deal!

More importantly, not forgetting that the doom quest isn't over! Katarina still has to evade her doom no matter what! But confession and such, the harem rings ever true, much so for everyone who appreciates having Bakarina around. And that bad end, has turned into a good one. Not forgetting that Raphael is YET another +1 to the harem now...

All's well that ends well. Really hoping for an uncertain future that's ever so enjoyable.

What a fantastic show, this "Isekai with a twist" has rang its good end!

Similar to BOFURI, this wonderful series getting a 2nd season is a no-brainer. Definitely expecting for more Bakarina in time to come! Silver Link really is nailing their shows out of the park.
KANLen09Jun 20, 2020 1:12 PM
Jun 20, 2020 9:55 AM

Feb 2018
A little flashback about Yami no Mahou, mother's love is matchless, for the sake of your child willing to do anything. As usual there is no blood in the stabbing scene, I appreciate it. It seems like the ritual was successful and Sirius's memories had been implanted. Why do you have to do something like this for only a child?

You live not for revenge but for happiness, only with that word he can come back, even though Katarina helped him a little. I like climax like this, Look at Katarina's smile omfg. At least it was a lively party, I like piano and violin. Katarina too much to eat, lol ... give Katarina more cake, Harem route? I knew that Maria would choose Katarina. at least it was closed by the joining of Rafael-sama.

Jun 20, 2020 10:13 AM
Jul 2018
Great anime. I could have never imagined, I will like it that much.
Jun 20, 2020 10:15 AM

Feb 2018
IbarakiDouji said:
Great anime. I could have never imagined, I will like it that much.
What do you like about episode 12? Katarina's blue dress and big chest?
Jun 20, 2020 10:16 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I think it was a bit too slow overall but still enjoyable, I hope more things will happen during the next season because it can be really great !!
Jun 20, 2020 10:24 AM

Oct 2017
That was a pretty dark backstory, felt bad for Raphael.

That's so like Katarina to come up with and idea like that, vegetable bouquet lol. She finally conquered the last character and with that another member has been added in her harem.

One of the best Isekai anime I've watched. It was a great show and really caught me offguard. Wasn't expecting it to be this type of anime.

Glad we got a second season announcement, looking forward to it.
MegamiRemJun 21, 2020 10:45 AM
Jun 20, 2020 10:58 AM
Aug 2018
https://aminoapps.com/c/otome/page/item/what-is-otome-isekai/pdX3_GZipIgBgqNqgldDp3jGbew4lb6JE

please, please, call it an otome game isekai adaptation.
it's an otome game. looking forward to season 2
Jun 20, 2020 11:00 AM

Mar 2016
Not a great series, it was a cliche inverse harem but it was a good watch if you just wanted something funny, that's what I expected and I enjoyed it, and I'm already waiting for that second season.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jun 20, 2020 11:03 AM

Apr 2020
Now she got 7 people confessing to her at once and nothing came of it xD

Can't wait to see Bakarina and the rest next year in season 2!!
Jun 20, 2020 11:04 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Normally I'd hate nothing more than a friendship ending in a harem anime, but in this case it does nicely. First half of the episode was boring though. Don't care at all for the Prez or why he is like that.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 20, 2020 11:04 AM

Feb 2019
Great finale that solidified the impact Katarina’s had on everyone. Good to see President get a nice ending as well. He’s been through a lot and it’s very understandable that he’d do the things he did.

Loved the second half of the episode, everyone’s grown so much physically and emotionally. Together everyone makes a perfect team.

This was a really fun show that consistently kept me laughing and engaged. I’m certainly going to miss it. One of my faves this year. Season 2 announced, but I actually feel like this had a perfect ending, so not sure how they’ll build on it. But, more Bakarina is always welcome.
Jun 20, 2020 11:11 AM
Feb 2020
It wasnt bad, cool ending for a reverse harem. 8.2/10
Jun 20, 2020 11:16 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Too bad there's no waifu in this show id really care to give my Sirius Dieke to.. other than the redhead one
EcchiGodMamsterJun 20, 2020 11:19 AM
Jun 20, 2020 11:17 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Kat's counter to the Raphael's rage sure was fun. The circumstances that lead to his pain though sure was a tragic one. The noble that was responsible though sure was one hell of a snake. Its good that Katarina was able to save Raphael though it's amusing in how much she reminded him of his mother. Though Raphael will have a tough journey in trying to start over in his journey to atone for crimes it was the correct path nonetheless. Thanks to Gerald and Alan i think that snake of a noble will get the punishment that she so deserves and in doing so ensure justice for Raphael and his mother. To think the last hurdle to overcome will be the graduation party though. Still the declaration by her friends while entertaining served well to showcase the new reverse harem ending that Katarina unintentionally created. An excellent finale that managed to tie up all the loose ends while ending the series on a high note.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2020 11:18 AM

Mar 2015
Really cool series overall, i'm really happy with the way it ended. Already feeling the ship war that's going to be when the next season airs.
Jun 20, 2020 11:21 AM

Mar 2010
Enjoyed every episode. the conclusion was okay, was hoping to see them engaged in a huge orgy and everyone gets impregnated but forgot this was not some H game lolz. But damn Now I'm curious about what hill happen outside the game routes.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 20, 2020 11:21 AM
Sep 2015
Good soundtrack, and I think I see a guy that will probably has more role in season 2, it's the guy in Rafael's workroom???
Jun 20, 2020 11:23 AM

Aug 2013
And Bakarina conquered another one. Welcome to the harem Raphael XD.

I enjoyed the second half more than the first. The question I have is, does Katarina realise that she has a harem.

Anyways, this was surprisingly good to show. It definitely exceeded my expectations.

Jun 20, 2020 11:26 AM

Jan 2014
That's a chilling backstory honestly. I'm gonna miss this series.

I'm real hyped for season two too. 'I dunno what's coming up.' If that's the case, it could be interesting to see how she deals with situations that she doesn't know are coming.
Jun 20, 2020 11:28 AM

Aug 2019
katarina: so, any guys interest you lately?

maria: sorry i only listen to girl in red
Jun 20, 2020 11:29 AM

Oct 2014
Doom = Avoided

Lovely ending. This wasn't the show I expected, but it was a very enjoyable watch nonetheless. Very wholesome overall reverse (inverse?) harem with a twist. 7/10
Jun 20, 2020 11:39 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great finale to end proceedings for this eventful 1st season! Bakarina has survived pre-game contents, I wonder how the post will fare though.

Got to say, Catarina going in like a boss despite the black miasma and using her knowledge from the game to turn the tides around was pretty darn cool. Hard to not fall for her if you happen to be Raphael in that case. But well, the seventh victim nonetheless it seems xD.

Catarina straight up asking Maria about her romantic interest is a little different than how I imagined it’d play out. Seeing the remaining of the group then assemble and go on to confess was within expectations though, but great nonetheless.

Hilarious how her snake toy is bustling in the town though, lol. Random but funny. Totally Bakarina-ish.

All in all, this has been an entertaining series just as this finale episode. A couple of episodes in the middle felt kind of filler-ish but not boring even then.

Mad props to Uchida Maaya-san by the way for totally nailing Bakarina’s character. This show’s got a top-tier list VA cast in the first place but Catarina’s Uchida Maaya is easily the standout.

Soundtrack and Animation were both fitting for the series so no major gripes to really point on either.

As such, a solid 8/10 from me. Lots of 8s this season, for some reason... Definitely the best otome isekai adaption to date that I've had the pleasure of viewing.

Looking forward to Season 2 naturally. I’m personally hoping to see the truth behind the connection of Acchan and Sophia-chan and some more of the usual Bakarina of course.
_MushiRock11_Jun 20, 2020 12:21 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 20, 2020 11:43 AM
Oct 2016
A thrilling finale to this show. It was one of my most anticipated anime this season before thighs began and I'm happy Bakarina lived up to the hype. I'd say from the first episode I was hooked with how endearing yet hilarious the show was. Catarina literally busting down doors from the word go sold it very well. There's so much to enjoy here with The characters, music, jokes, and feels. More than a few moments surprised me with how this show talked about loneliness and how Catarina came to this new otome game world.

The overarching story with Catarina trying to avoid doom flags cracked me up throughout the show. Especially since as she was thinking about the room flags most of the time the other characters were chatting about her love life and how everyone loves her. The oblivious nature of Catarina endeared me even more. It made sense why she's so dense given that the room flags are number one in her mind all the time. It's still crazy sometimes but I love her antics and entire personality as our lead. She's etched into the halls of top tier isekai protagonist from here on.

The cast with Catarina entire harem is the best. Number one aspect that can get me to like a show is having good characters and Bakarina has a full deck of spades. Not too often there's a full main cast where they're all very likeable. The harem is just as interesting as our lead. Personal favorites being Geordo, Keith, Sophia and Maria but Mary, Alan and Nicol were all fun too. Some of The best episodes were with them all together. Seeing them all go after Catarina while she just trots along worrying about her doom was hilarious. The beginning with meeting them all and coming to enjoy their character as the show went on and they grew up was amazing to see. Even side characters like Sirius, Anne, Maria mom, Catarina mom were all good on screen. Greatly enjoyed this cast.

Overall this show was a lot of fun. Honestly enjoyed it even more than the high bar I had set. Catarina had me going all across the emotional spectrum. Tons of laughs and tears with these amazing characters. so glad there's more on the way soon! One of the best shows this season imo. Certainly an amazing isekai everyone should see.
Jun 20, 2020 11:45 AM

Jun 2015
Wasn't sure what to expect from this show but its been highly enjoyable and fun to watch.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 20, 2020 11:53 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Bakarina managed to save Raphael and ends up joining her harem right in front of her fiance. Overall I enjoyed this series even though the previous episodes caused the show to drag a bit. I'm looking forward to season 2 to see if Bakarina can keep her harem intact.

I give this series a 7/10.
Jun 20, 2020 12:09 PM

Feb 2007
Ah, to be so focused on Maria's relationships that you don't even notice that you yourself have reached the harem ending... :D

Ah, but on the positive side, we're now past the end of the game, so she can finally start paying attention to her own story as well.

And that was a pretty impressive snake indeed.
luinthoronJun 20, 2020 12:24 PM
Jun 20, 2020 12:10 PM

Nov 2018
phantomfandom said:
Good soundtrack, and I think I see a guy that will probably has more role in season 2, it's the guy in Rafael's workroom???

You mean the guy with the dark gray hair that he work in the ministry of magic?? That's name is Sora (not in no game no life)... You will be know in season 2
Jun 20, 2020 12:20 PM

May 2014
Despite it’s low budget, I think overall Silver Link did a good job of adapting this series. I especially appreciated that the fleshed our the scene with Sirius and the dark wizard as that part was completely omitted in the manga lol. Although I think it was a bit weird that they never showed Sirius wearing his new disguise.

Looks like Season 2 is happening! Honestly think that Silver Link underestimated how popular this series is considering they adapted some chapters from the later LNs and never expected to do more than one season. But really, this series is crazy popular. Not only did it help popularize the isekai Villainess genre, it has several LNs, Manga, a manga spin off, and an anthology. Everyone can’t help but love Bakarina.
Jun 20, 2020 12:27 PM
Aug 2018
I think it has a good concept and I liked the first couple of episode where Katarina was "solving" problem. However, after the initial introduction episode for each character, well... they didn't evolve at all. I could go as far as saying, all reverse-harem characters on the show have literraly one personnality trait… and half of their dialogue is saying they like Katarina-sama and they can't live without her.

I guess that's the problem when you have too much characters in a (reverse) harem and no time to properly develop them. I mean look at her brother, poor guys doesn't even get three lines for the final episode ? And it's just "nee-san, you eat too much" and the sentences he had already say 100 times about the marriage to Geordo (and Geordo for the 100th time say "I will never break off the engagement").

At this point, you could probably generate dialogue with a random macro… character keep saying the same thing. All the time…

In any case, reverse harem focus episodes (during the middle of the season) did not bring much interesting things and luckily episode 10 to 12 managed to change the tone of the serie.

Unfortunately, episode 12 was not that great. First, the whole Sirius/Raphael thing (while interesting as concept) was solved too easily and how come Raphael was able to get rid of the dark magic spirit in one second ? (did he use light magic)

I would have love if Maria actually did something with her light magic…

So, basically, episode 12 : Interesting concept but poor execution, not enough tension, all character except Katalina are useless (just standing in the back), Katalina out of 5 phrases manage to say 2 times the exact same line as Raphael's mother (by pure coincidence of course) and for the second part, nothing we have not seen before at lest 7 or 8 times… Katalina still not understanding she is not doomed while we knew it with "certainty" since episode 3, every character saying they can't live without her (not like we had a flashback in episode 11 for the whole cast) and as always, the bad guys who decides to be a good guy, is not punished in the slightlest and can actually come back to school instead of being held accountable for using dark magic on student (even if it was actually not him I suppose), kidnapping Maria for three days, making Katarina sleep (but it seems the current technology they have make her very difficult to give her water/food so she'll die soon), or other stuff.

One intersting point is : If the dark magic user is actually the one using dark magic instead of Raphael, that means the whole "If you really wanted to kill me, you would have killed me instead of putting me to sleep" is invalid ?

Also, if that's the 19 800 meetings that Katarina had with her innerself in 8 years, it means she had at least 6.5 meetings a day every day for 8 years… (and with that much meeting she was not able to realize the feeling the other chara had for her. I guess she truly deserves the title "Bakarina".)

I give this serie a 7/10 (considered giving a 6 because of this final episode but the blue dress of Katarina was nice :p)

PS : Curious about season 2.
Rukodaime91Jun 20, 2020 12:37 PM
Jun 20, 2020 12:31 PM

Dec 2013
A sweet finale to a sweet show, loved every second of it, maybe there is still hope for the isekai genre, this a bookworm are so enjoyable, super exited for S2.
Jun 20, 2020 12:38 PM

Aug 2017
overall I'd say the show was funny enough but I really don't see why it's been rated so highly. another isekai, another harem, the gimmick this time having boys and girls in the harem. a dense/stupid MC that doesn't know they have a harem got as annoying as it is in every other show with it, isekai or not.
Jun 20, 2020 12:43 PM

May 2017
@Stark700 Um,you made typo is your Hamefura review. It's says ''Katarinaadjusting'' instead of Katarina adjusting.
There is no bad waifu,only bad anime.
Jun 20, 2020 12:46 PM

Apr 2015
So Sirius Dieke (Raphael) was not who he said he was, but damn that backstory was dark... I mean, I understand why he wanted to get revenge. Glad to see Catarina talk him out of it and managed to get him back to his senses!

The friendship ending, everyone gets Friendzoned!!

That Post-credit scene toy snake looked like the real fucking deal!! XD

Not gonna lie, this was pretty good! I am surprised that it's getting a second season as well! Opening is pretty catchy and I still love that Beethoven part so much! Characters are good, especially the girls (I am looking at you Mary)!!

Can't wait to see what S2 will bring, as Catarina will also be stepping into the unknown!

For a show that wouldn't normally be my thing, 7/10, really enjoyable watch!

Jun 20, 2020 12:56 PM

May 2019
Even for a reverse harem cliche, the dumbness and density of Bakarina is something funny for 2 or 3 episodes, but beyond that, it is just annoying!

The series did a GREAT job introducing feelings and genuine happiness to a comedy plot based on single overused joke.

The author and more yet, the direction of this anime adaptation did a miracle to save this series from a flag of doom, that is the real thing!

It deserves my recognition and ill give a exceptional 9/10 wishing for the 2nd season to fix that fail and add any romance or at least any break in the titanium density of Bakasama.

Btw, i laughed the moment that Catarina FRIENDZONED them all just after Maria's declaration.
Jun 20, 2020 1:09 PM

Jul 2010
BC slow pacing and same annoying sounds but interesting topic 6/10
Jun 20, 2020 1:11 PM

Nov 2016
With such an unconventional premise and a charming cast this show managed to convince me.

One of the pleasant surprises from this Spring. Not my first pick for a second season, but I will gladly take it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 20, 2020 1:18 PM

Oct 2015
That snake at the end would have totally worked on the prince. Just sayin
Jun 20, 2020 1:24 PM
Jun 2019
This show was so cute and hilarious,i'm fond of Katarina and Maria.
I like how her maid calmly reacts when Katarina talks to herself about some mysterious BAD end.
Love this show!
Btw,loli katarina is better,but adult version is ok too:)
Jun 20, 2020 1:28 PM

Sep 2007
As I expected it was a kind of "meh" ending for me....I thoroughly enjoyed the beginning of the season/series rather than the later half as her continued denseness really really got on my nerves and the fact that the "conquerable targets" (as she would call them) have been pretty much passive and "go with the flow" the whole time.

I'm also actually surprised a second season is announced...but I hope now that she'd technically be living past the "timeline covered in the game" that she'll finally get past the "I'm in a copy-paste of the game plot I need to be wary of anything that could set off my death flag" mindset that she was stuck in all this season that she'll finally notice the feelings of those around her more come season 2.

That or rivalry sparks fly a bit more..... If the same formula from season 1 is copied to season 2 however I'm afraid it'll ruin season 2 for me even before it's started.

Well, guess we'll see...Here's to hoping she loses some of her obliviousness
See you later Katerina, Geordo, Alan, Keith and the rest
IkanoJun 20, 2020 1:35 PM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jun 20, 2020 1:36 PM

May 2019
A good way to end the show. Sirius Dieke, or to use his true name: Raphael, ended up having a very sad story but after a cheesy turn of events, he also ended up falling for Catarina lol

I'd say it was a refreshing isekai overall, but it definitely could've been better. Somewhere towards the middle the quality really dropped and the story started to become bland. I'd say it's very otome game like, but there are some otome games with a surprisingly good story. So I can confidently say that Fortune Lover is a low tier otome game.

6/10 is my final score, I guess. I enjoyed it, but it had a lot of faults.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Jun 20, 2020 1:37 PM

Apr 2018
The ending was a bit rushed. This final boss vibe that we had at the ending of the last episode went up in smoke at the beginning of this one. Just grabbing the president hand cured him of his darkness? At least Maria should have used some of her rare light magic on him or something to make it more interesting.

The show was not bad for an Isekai. And at least it was funny sometimes. But not much else. Still love Catarina, I just wished she was more self conscious.

6/10 for me. Would have been a 7 if it had a better ending.
Jun 20, 2020 1:45 PM
Nov 2019
A bit hit-n-miss with the gags and animation but it probably ranks up with Bofuri from last season.

Stupid, cute girls doing cute things oddly.....

Jun 20, 2020 1:49 PM
May 2017
I thought at the beginning this could bring me to like reverse harem.

But unfortunately, no.

5/10.
Jun 20, 2020 2:00 PM
Mar 2015
She managed to avoid her doom by seducing everyone
Jun 20, 2020 2:06 PM
May 2020
Predictable af. I had high hopes from this anime. After completing 12 episodes, I feel disappointed.
Jun 20, 2020 2:07 PM
May 2020
Rytakahashi09 said:
I thought at the beginning this could bring me to like reverse harem.

But unfortunately, no.

5/10.

If you want to get into reverse harem, watch Ouran High School. Although it gets a bit weak in second half. But it will be still worth it.
Jun 20, 2020 2:10 PM
Jun 2020
That guy with Raphael,

Mod edit: added spoiler tag
BrandonJun 24, 2020 12:29 PM
Jun 20, 2020 2:34 PM

Apr 2015
Honestly expected much more from this, first half was decent but the second half is just boring overall.

Overall: 5-6/10

It had a few pleasant side characters but it got really boring and predictable towards the end.

I hope the second season will be much better, I think I will give it a chance who knows.

Jun 20, 2020 2:34 PM

Feb 2018
I don't know where this will end up, but I'll watch another 12 episodes of Bakarina. It wasn't FMA:B or anything obviously, but I thought it was a fun show.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2020

125 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 3:58 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2020

156 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

164 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

236 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

135 by tunaworks »»
Mar 27, 2:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.