Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 22, 2020 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, it's really interesting to see this side of Misaki. It all connects back again to her connection with Dolly and the importance of their relationship. To me, Misaki is a character that may be misunderstood but still a fundamentally a good person down to heart.

They also made decent use of that music too to make the episode feel impactful imo.
May 22, 2020 7:04 AM

Nov 2007
More on the story on the kids in experiments. That girl who changes form met that girl who looks like main girl via a lab lady. Young Misaki girl is also there.

She was punished for wanting to protect her. The facility got emptied when she grew up, and she met that old lab guy and got her memory erased.

Misaki girl told her about the purpose of the girl who looks like main girl (related to the experiment of main girl). Misaki girl brought her to that girl. She's the girl in the tube? And that memory shown before was a fake memory by Misaki girl?. It seems like she did everything she could to protect her.

Party for that "Onee-sama" girl to recover and wheelchair no longer needed.

Main girl also meeting SISTER that got involved in that case, who also got well. lol @ having memory of that another girl for going to the beach.

New arc begins next, which delayed and selective broadcast of old eps. will be aired until then (aiming to end in September).
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/380192
tsubasaloverMay 22, 2020 10:04 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 22, 2020 7:12 AM

Jul 2012
Beatiful and sweet ending of the arc.
Mitori's backstory into reuniting with Dolly's sister with her memories. If only Misaki could always open like this ...
Amazing arc and adaptation, so happy that was able to see Misaka phases animated after fo many years.

Also Shirai's recovery party and Mikoto with her Imouto!

New arc coming up. Misaka's reaction in preview ... =/ Also don't think Awaki's moment will be included sadly, hope it will be a bonus later.
May 22, 2020 7:19 AM

Apr 2010
Another flashback and a nice one explaining some of the past.
I have to say tho that they need to do something about childrights in that city seeing as they are pretty much non existend.

Anyway a new clone enters the scene tho i wonder if we will hear more about this one in the future.
It also seems to be the end of this arc making me wonder if we will see more from Misaki.
May 22, 2020 9:33 AM

Feb 2019
Man JC did a great job adapting this arc. Obviously the delays were unfortunate, but they did a great job under the circumstances

Really beautiful episode today. It’s nice to see everyone get a nice resolution. Misaki has really grown a lot.

Really nice ending there to Dolly/Mi’s story. Got me pretty emotional. https://imgur.com/a/4cP3tcH

Hopefully ep 16 doesn’t have any delays, but either way looking forward to the next arc :)
May 22, 2020 10:02 AM
Apr 2019
A very sweet ending for this arc. This episode mostly focused on showing the rest of the Dolly backstory and resolving the plotline. Seeing Dolly, Misaki, and Mitori all be happy together was really heartfelt and they chose a really good (albeit on the nose in tone) song to go with it.

Next arc coming in the next episode and excited for more SoL, action, and just more time with these characters, which I am excited to see.
May 22, 2020 10:05 AM

Aug 2013
That was a beautiful end to the arc.

Felt emotional during the last half of the episode where Mitori was reunited with Dolly's sister. I hope Mitori doesn't get arrested.

New arc next episode. Looking forward to it.

May 22, 2020 10:09 AM

Jan 2019
What a great closure for Misaki and Mitori, with them reuniting with "Dolly". This episode was so sweet and emotional I got diabetus.

So if another clone was created around the same time as Dolly and is considered as the younger sister of Dolly, would she technically be Misaka 2?

Also, I'm happy to see 10032 again. People should stop messing with the Sister's and let them live peacefully!

Next episode, new arc! Excited to see what Dream Ranker has in store for us. (Junko in the preview <3.)
May 22, 2020 10:25 AM

Jun 2015
When I seen it would be some character story I watched last weeks eps again then this one. but oh damn, did this week not disappoint. Got to admit was feeling a bit teary with that ending. Nice to see Mitoris back story and that little scene as she runs past Misaki as she is being introduced to the other Dolly which we seen recently in Misakis flashback memories. That clinched it for me. Awesome attention to detail and story telling. lets all get ourselves to the ocean peeps!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 22, 2020 10:35 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Man, this was a frickin' amazing arc! And the finale was just that, too.

Couldn't help but get teary-eyed with the second half featuring the reunion between the three dear friends. I'm so glad that Dolly didn't end up completely dead after all. Misaki in tears was just the finishing blow for my tear glands, jeez. Here's to hoping that Mitori won't be locked in jail though.

Beautiful song (Click here if you'd like to check out the official MV) in the background, too! sajou no hana doesn't disappoint.

Loved that final shot of the three in the beach-side. They've got travelling to do, lol.

Backstory for Mitori was very sad indeed but great. Everything connected excellently, for one. Man, this city really needs some cleaning...

Kuroko is finally healed up, meanwhile. Sweet of the three to set up a congratulatory party for her. Saten-san is still going to get a long lecture though, rip xD.

Next arc starting from the next episode! No word on when this particular episode will air but I'm willing to wait if need be. J.C. Staff have done an impeccable job despite the ongoing crisis.

Edit: Episode 16 of ToAru Railgun T delayed due to the COVID-19.

https://twitter.com/toaru_project/status/1263899309138825221

Moreover, Special Episodes will be aired from the 29th of May.

https://twitter.com/toaru_project/status/1263899739054985217
_MushiRock11_May 22, 2020 11:31 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 22, 2020 10:54 AM

Mar 2016
tsubasalover said:
More on the story on the kids in experiments. That girl who changes form met that girl who looks like main girl via a lab lady. Young Misaki girl is also there.

She was punished for wanting to protect her. The facility got empitied when she grew up, and she met that old lab guy and got her memory erased.

Misaki girl told her about the purpose of the girl who looks like main girl (related to the experiment of main girl). Misaki girl brought her to that girl. She's the girl in the tube? And that memory shown before was a fake memory by Misaki girl. It seems like she did everything she could to protect her.

Party for that "Onee-sama" girl to recover and wheelchair no longer needed.

Main girl also meeting SISTER that got involved in that case. lol @ having memory of that another girl for going to the beach.

New arc begins next.

I feel bad for not initially understanding, or more so, what actually happened between Misaki, Dolly, and Mitori. Your explanation helped clear stuff up, so thanks for that!
May 22, 2020 10:57 AM

May 2018
So the real Dolly is really dead then? That sad. The sister is not really Dolly but the way Misaki and Mi treat her as if she's the real Dolly? So is the sister suppose to be the same character as Dolly?

On a side note, LN/manga reader,just want to ask. I read some spoilers about Magic God. How long until we get to see these beings?
Papa_ScorchMay 22, 2020 11:02 AM
May 22, 2020 10:58 AM

Jul 2015
A great closure to this arc and I really liked the song that played during the reunion with Dolly.
May 22, 2020 11:02 AM

Mar 2015
Touching reunion. Almost shed tears.
May 22, 2020 11:11 AM

Mar 2016
Gorochu said:
So the real Dolly is really dead then? That sad. The sister is not really Dolly but the way Misaki and Mi treat her as if she's the real Dolly? So is the sister suppose to be the same character as Dolly?

On a side note, LN/manga reader,just want to ask. I read some spoilers about Magic God. How long until we get to see these beings?

Yea, the real Dolly is definitely dead. The Misaka lookalike they met now, who was mentioned as Dolly's sister, simply shares the same memories due to the nature of the whole Network. So in a way, they did reunite with Dolly, which is also a saddening part, too, in retrospect.

It took me a while with a bit of help to piece stuff together, since I was overlooking the bigger pictures.
May 22, 2020 11:14 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
That was a wonderful episode. I feel like crying. the feels...I don't know what to do with it.
May 22, 2020 11:19 AM

Dec 2013
I'm anime only person and just wanna ask, will touma appear again in railgun T after daihasesai arc?
May 22, 2020 11:24 AM
Mar 2015
Nice to have friends even you are all Academy City experiments
May 22, 2020 11:30 AM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Great end of arc, really liked this side of Misaki.
May 22, 2020 11:32 AM

Jan 2019
Gorochu said:

Well, I'm not very far into NT, but the mention of a Magic God starts at volume 4.
May 22, 2020 11:37 AM

Apr 2017
Great conclusion for a great arc, I really love Shokuhou!! Oh, I wish we got NT (with a proper staff).
Btw, it seems they delayed until July 24th, it's sad, but it was expected since Daihasei is over.
May 22, 2020 11:39 AM

Apr 2015
Solid arc, I would even go as far as saying it's better than the Sisters arc (from nostalgic memories).

9/10 for this arc. JC really delivered.
May 22, 2020 11:47 AM

Apr 2015
remember back when Misaka exploded on Misaki and how she calmly calmed her down? that was a huge lesson really. Misaki had so much power to give leeway even to an understandably exploding Misaka. and after seeing that I instantly knew Mitori is far from what you'd call a bad girl. and it even explained Gensei's motives. Misaki said it best, that if only she read Mitori child's memory a lot of these things could have been prevented. Dolly didn't have to die. but can you blame her? hardly. really great way to close this arc.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
May 22, 2020 11:51 AM

Apr 2020
Now that is what I call closure. Onto the next arc!
May 22, 2020 12:31 PM

Nov 2016
Bit more aftermath and conclusion to the Dolly storyline. The reunion and insert song were nice.

Next episode won't be released anytime soon and here I was looking forward to a new opening xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 22, 2020 1:09 PM

Feb 2014
This was a really touching way to wrap up the Daihasei Festival arc. =)

Seeing a good insight into Mitori's past and how she got along with Folly just makes you feel a bit sympathetic for Mitori. So it was nice of Shokuhou to take Mitori to the lab where Dally's sister was kept all this time.

When Sajou no Hana's insert song started playing, I knew that this scene would be a critical hit in the feels and boy was I right. I couldn't help but get teary-eyed all throughout the touching reunion between the three girls. =3

Overall, I have to give a lot of praise to J.C Staff for their handling of this arc overall. The poor show got delayed countless times by the ongoing Covid-19 and the next episode is also delayed for the same reason, too. Despite that, the production team handled all the important parts really well and also delivered some of the best animated action moments so far this year, too.

Whenever the next episode airs, probably in the Summer season at this rate, I'm sure that the upcoming Dream Ranker arc will be handled with care as well. ^_^
May 22, 2020 1:16 PM

Feb 2020
Damn I'm getting kinda sentimental.

tysm iva-🐢💜

May 22, 2020 1:42 PM

Dec 2015
Meikazu_Teki said:
I'm anime only person and just wanna ask, will touma appear again in railgun T after daihasesai arc?

don't look if you don't want to know if he'll appear or not
May 22, 2020 1:45 PM

Dec 2015
Gorochu said:

May 22, 2020 1:46 PM

Jun 2012
The stuff with Mitori and Dolly was great, but I can't stand how Shokuho just willy nilly messes around with people's memories like that. Apparently Misaka and the writers of this show have no problem with it, but I can't get past it. It makes it impossible to sympathize with her. All I can think of when she shows up is how great it would be for Kuroko to dropkick her in the head.
Shoot first, think never.
May 22, 2020 2:30 PM

Jan 2019
Haunt-bot said:
The stuff with Mitori and Dolly was great, but I can't stand how Shokuho just willy nilly messes around with people's memories like that. Apparently Misaka and the writers of this show have no problem with it, but I can't get past it. It makes it impossible to sympathize with her. All I can think of when she shows up is how great it would be for Kuroko to dropkick her in the head.
Chapter 8 of Astral Buddy makes an interesting point on the fact that Misaki messes with people's head, even for good, so the writer knows. But honestly, I think her character is a good fit with such an ability. You can't expect her to go around and be like "Yes, hello, I would like your permission to mess with your head." Might as well not make use of Mental-Out. It's kind of a grey area, but I still believe she's a good girl in her own way despite her methods.
May 22, 2020 2:48 PM

Dec 2015
Haunt-bot said:

Misaka is okay with it because it's for her friends sake. (if kuroko and the others still know about what happened it's possible that they would try to investigate more and get involved in AC dark side).
but Misaka doesn't like her powers, she said that in the 1st Ep
May 22, 2020 2:57 PM

Nov 2019
My favorite arc (for now) in the Railgun manga ends, with an emotional episode. J.C. Staff did complete justice. Seriously. This has been their best adaptation of any source material in recent times.

To those who are still unaware, check the lyrics of the opening and guess who is singing it about whom

The governing board, its treatment of espers as guinea pigs and the espers fighting back, is the main theme behind the Railgun series. Misaki was the real protagonist of this arc, but Misaka fans will be pleased in the coming arc...

Very sad at the delay... I won't mind as long as the quality doesn't fall and there are no filler and non-canon SoL episodes.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
May 22, 2020 3:02 PM
Jul 2018
Haunt-bot said:

I know that controlling people is bad, but Misaki use her ability for good things lmao. And she doesn't use it all the time:
May 22, 2020 3:21 PM

Apr 2015
That was a very emotional! What a way to end the arc!

It was already hinted that Mitori knew Dolly as well, but this episode explaining the past between them was really nice! Misaki actually bringing Mitori to the sister who now holds the memory of Dolly, that was a sweet reunion and emotions ran high with not just Mitori and Dolly, but also Misaki. I hope in the future we get to see more of these 3 together, that would be great!

This arc has once again taught me to never judge a character by it's cover, definitely an arc that was an eye opener for me towards Misaki!!

Yikes, next episode delayed till 24th of July... a full 2 months wait :/ That's legit the worst delay right now, but I am atleast glad this arc got wrapped up!
May 22, 2020 4:11 PM

Sep 2014
This was a great episode again, very wholesome. Sadly that gets countered by the 2 month delay for EP 16.

So Dolly was a Misaka clone after all. I wonder how many more projects they have with her clones lying around.

Lowkey expected it to be about Last Order, glad she can catch a break for once.

Also, Misaki really grew on me over the course of this arc.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 22, 2020 5:40 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
Man, this arc just knocked it out of the park. It had some of the best fight scenes south of Ufotable AND really brought home the emotional side as well without having any serious tone whiplash. Toaru no Kadaku Railgun just keeps getting better!
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
May 22, 2020 6:16 PM

May 2019
It was an episode with a lot of intrigue in the first half and very emotional in the second.

How much distress Mitori had experienced, everyone at this point already knows why Academy City was created, but seeing this reason again in this episode leaves you a feeling of tremendous helplessness, great job JC. I liked to see the evolution of the character of Mitori, how his impotence sprouts hatred and the reason for seeing Academy City destroyed.

The second part of the episode, as I already said, is very emotional. We have joyful and carefree scenes of Misaka and Cia celebrating Shirai's recovery. But the true protagonists of this episode have been Misaki, Mitori and Dolly. When Misaki said that Dolly's memories had been transferred to another clone who
ich controls a network, I was thinking about Last Order, and seeing another encapsulated Dolly adds more mystery and makes the Sisters lore even more interesting.
Precious reunion of the 3 girls, and how this connects with the entire network of clones, which, as Mitori says, are as human as we are. Beautiful way to end the arc!

A real pity that the next episode is delayed until... JULY 24 ?! Damn Corona-chan, look what have you done. But even if it hurts, I can't complain, JC Staff is doing an unbeatable job this season, as well as the second, I will look forward to having more doses of my Railgun!
May 22, 2020 7:51 PM

Aug 2017
Good episode to wrap it up. Also, I like that the added some original anime scenes like Kuroko's party or Dolly's "sister" and Mitori scene.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 22, 2020 7:54 PM

Apr 2018
Feels episode. I'm not crying you're crying. So wait, Dolly and her sister is basically Misaka's sister too right?
May 22, 2020 8:10 PM

Jan 2019
I'd pay to see Misaka meet Dolly.
May 22, 2020 8:13 PM

May 2018
Ryuseishun said:
Gorochu said:

Yea, the real Dolly is definitely dead. The Misaka lookalike they met now, who was mentioned as Dolly's sister, simply shares the same memories due to the nature of the whole Network. So in a way, they did reunite with Dolly, which is also a saddening part, too, in retrospect.

It took me a while with a bit of help to piece stuff together, since I was overlooking the bigger pictures.

Yeah that's what I thought. The real Dolly's consciousness/soul has move to the afterlife. This new sister is just a replacement to the real Dolly. The real Dolly never reunite with Misaki and Mi. So this sister and Dolly shouldn't be treated as same character.
May 22, 2020 9:47 PM

May 2013
I'm happy but then sad at the same time I want to see the three of them travel.
May 22, 2020 11:27 PM

May 2020
That reunion scene between Misaki, Mitori, and Dolly admittedly brought a tear to my eye. What may have been one of the heaviest burdens in each of their lives have finally reached a satisfying and wholesome conclusion. Hopefully we get to see more of these three together if Mitori doesn’t get put into prison.

New arc starting next episode (whenever that releases), and I will surely miss the opening and ending of this last arc, being some of my favorites in the whole series.
May 22, 2020 11:35 PM
Apr 2019
much better episode than last week, a very touching reunion, although she it is not the original dolly, all the clones in the network have the same memories as Dolly and want to go to the ocean?
they said that Dolly had a very short life span, but maybe her clone is an improved version? Maybe she's more like the usual Misaka clones running around.

also

If this isn't a yuri line, then I don't know what is <3 <3 <3

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
May 23, 2020 1:34 AM

Sep 2013
you know what adds to the waterfalls after watching this episode? that we probably would not get any more of Misaki's backstory because of how abysmal index 3 was, to add insult to injury they even teased some of those things many times this season
death604May 23, 2020 1:51 AM
May 23, 2020 2:01 AM

Aug 2009
Haunt-bot said:

But somehow Misaka abusing others with her power, pretending to be a law enforcer, threatening others, cyber terrorism, terrorism, spying etc is fine?

Both abuse their powers for good.

May 23, 2020 4:30 AM
Jul 2018
misaka-9982 said:
I'd pay to see Misaka meet Dolly.

I think they will meet somewhere in the spin-off, because
May 23, 2020 5:22 AM

Nov 2019
Shirai-chan said:
Feels episode. I'm not crying you're crying. So wait, Dolly and her sister is basically Misaka's sister too right?

Iirc she's the first clone

Basically it's like this

Mikoto got cloned --> Dolly got cloned --> Sisters got cloned --> Last Order
May 23, 2020 12:26 PM

May 2011
JC staff really delivered. This arc is the arc that makes people knows what kind of girl misaki is and it was perfectly animated. solid 10/10 for me, the end where they got reunited was tear jerking .

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Season 4?

removed-user - Jan 20, 2022

12 by waalex11 »»
May 2, 2:05 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2020

95 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 29, 6:24 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2020

127 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2020

105 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

56 by Karva1 »»
Mar 4, 5:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.