Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 3, 2020 12:04 AM
Jun 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Gotta love Chika's pudgy face
May 3, 2020 12:24 AM

Nov 2007
But it still cannot beat Kobachi's hito eating technique.

I was surprised that we actually got a double episode release that is only available with Funimation Premium Plus.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 3, 2020 12:25 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Lol, buddy, you just wrote a D-mail, better delete this shit before SERN is on your ass.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
May 9, 2020 7:57 AM

Feb 2018
Beginning with Fijiwara Chika who was walking towards school, there she met Shirogane. They talked about whether Shirogane's appearance was different today (I think Shirogane's hair style today is different). After they left, Shirogane met with Ishigami in the hallway. They also talked the same thing but Ishigami answered that Shirgane's eyes are different today (this is very funny, lol).

After that Shirogane met with Kaguya in the library and asked what was different today but instead Kaguya answered wrong way, it made Shirogane leave (lol). Kaguya who felt guilty went and asked for advice about this, Kaguya asked what was "True Love". I like the part where Ishigami gave Kaguya advice, it was ridiculous advice (I forgot what it was like, if you know please add it).

After getting crazy advice from Ishigami, Kaguya met with Shirogane. They seemed to be embarrassed and in the end they could not even speak. Shirogane is down and Kaguya brings Shirogane to houkenshitsu.

Guess what Shirogane is different in this episode, please add.
SyureriaJun 3, 2020 5:22 AM
May 9, 2020 8:01 AM

Nov 2011
Oh geez, that face..

On the other hand, I'm really glad to see a bit of Nagisa this episode. The talk about 'true love' was hilarious, especially from the main cast. Ishigami sold that perfectly and the anime made the scene look even more iconic. Chika'sa also hilarious this episode.

The singing segment is my favorite part of this episode especially with the tone deaf jokes. Props to Chika's VA to playing her character role so well.

May 9, 2020 8:03 AM

Mar 2019
Another wholesome episode... now for god sake do include the part in which fujiwara teaches miyuki about filleting fish ^o^
HEIWA_NO_SENSEIMay 9, 2020 8:14 AM
If there was no one else within a 5-kilometer radius from Shimamura, and she was in a deep sleep and an all-knowing deity just happened to reassure me that she wasn’t going to wake up the next 24 hours, maybe I’d get bored after 23 hours and I might kiss her once to relieve some boredom...
May 9, 2020 8:07 AM

Apr 2015
This was a hilarious episode. The best part was the Fujimom part of the episode. Honestly never thought they would adapt it and they did it perfectly. Also, Iino is a psycho, and we love her for that.

5/5

But damn, they skipped a bit too much this time around. They should stick to 3 chapters.
MxxxstationMay 9, 2020 8:46 AM
May 9, 2020 8:10 AM

Jul 2014
I’ve been praising season 2 non stop but this has to be the worst ep yet in both s1 and s2, the pacing was awkwardly fast, they skipped a lot of fun shit too like Hayasaka calling Kaguya out on her “true love” shtick and them skpping Kaguya pushing the other ones out of the race(tho I dont really remember if they did skip it, was lost for words with how I got bored with 1st and 2nd parts that I lost hope for the 3rd part). Anyways not a fan of the ep.
May 9, 2020 8:31 AM
Oct 2015
This episode was good for anime only but mediocre for manga readers standards, they cut some good scenes, but apart from that, they perfectly adapted other scenes and the music selection was also very good
4/5
ShiroHachiMay 9, 2020 9:45 AM
May 9, 2020 8:41 AM

Apr 2020
Time flies man, can’t believe we’re already halfway through this season and show!

When Ishigami gives advice to Kaguya, Ishigami looks funny and silly, I can't stop laughing at him, sometimes Ishigami is also funny
KaisekiOct 20, 2021 4:31 PM
May 9, 2020 9:10 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Yeah, they skipped a good amount. Still a good ep though.

5/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
May 9, 2020 9:27 AM

Feb 2019
Shirogane’s entering his popular phase

Find someone that looks at you like [this](https://imgur.com/a/SDaPag1)

We’ve had some absolutely hilarious chika and shirogane moments the last couple episodes, his singing lessons had me dying

Miko v Kaguya is the matchup I’ve been waiting for, things just got really interesting. Another great episode. My boy ishigami even got some shine today. Can’t wait for next week.
May 9, 2020 9:34 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode as always.

Miyuki entering his popular phase but the one person he wanted to look at him wasn't. :(
I loved it when Miyuki showed up in Zombie mode and Kaguya went full fetish mode on him. xD

Part 2 of Chika mom and Miyuki training session was adorable, sweet and both hilarious and heartwarming at the end.

Miko inadvertently turned the tables on Kaguya by praising her and Miyuki's compatibility but lost her own advantage when she mentioned she was gonna make Chika vice president. xD
May 9, 2020 9:35 AM

Nov 2018
Damn, Kaguya would make a great villain.
I hate everyone equally
May 9, 2020 9:36 AM
Oct 2016
Miyuki getting some good sleep really changed his whole vibe. Almost a totally different dude huh. Great opening one two punch to begin this episode. Miyuki having a near makeover which made everyone else love him suddenly but Kaguya was repulsed. Hayasaka is right that Kaguya has developed a nasty fetish, borderline sadist for sleep deprivation. Loved the whole scene with Kashiwagi being asked advice by Kaguya. The self awareness is perfect since most romcom anime have such oblivious characters. Kaguya grasping at straws to figure out if her love is legit. Everyone telling her different. Ishigami came closest I think, love master himself.

Speaking of sadist Kaguya, cornering Miko trying to get her to drop out like that Hongo guy! Kaguya is mighty scary, she really tried to manipulate Miko with offering her a seemingly enticing deal to be student council President the next year. didn't quite go as planned since Miko unknowingly found Kaguya weakness. Just say she and Miyuki are perfect for each other and she melts like butter. Love that Miko is gonna bring them into "her student council" to reform their warped behavior. She's great, can't wait to see these upcoming chapters animated. Chika and Miyuki having that skit with her anguish training him in something was another laugh riot. Chika should never offer Miyuki help with something, it doesn't go well for her. But she gets to feel so proud.
May 9, 2020 9:42 AM

Oct 2017
Lmao Miyuki's face looked hilarious. Fujiwara and Ishigami were brutal, thou Ishigami helped Kaguya regain her confidence. Also Kaguya my girl, don't cross that line ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).
May 9, 2020 9:53 AM

Jan 2018
Chika's maternal instincts kicking in. Oof. That past training was a pain.

Anyways, damn Shirogane became a shoujo-like character design instead of the former fish eyes.
May 9, 2020 9:54 AM

Feb 2018
This was superb! They skipped some things, but it is still a good episode.
May 9, 2020 9:58 AM

Jul 2012
Kashiwagi and Kaguya ... Poor Kashiwagi

PTSD chapters are the best. Mama Fujiwara is so proud!!!

Kaguya was trying to buyout Iino, but it definitely went not how she was planning it ...
Election coming up!!!

May 9, 2020 9:58 AM

Aug 2008
I don't get how people can dislike Chika. She's an amazing character. Her minor flaws only make her more charming. Of course in case of the anime, that fabulous amount of time and money flowing out of the screen helps as well. Holly shit, animators are flexing so much with this series. Hard to believe some shows were cancelled this season looking at it.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 9, 2020 9:59 AM
Jul 2018
It's like they wanted to introduce Iino as soon as possible but couldn't commit to the election arc and that's how we got this mess.

Well, I always knew there's no way they'd skip a chapter of their precious Fujiwara, it's just a shame it has to hurt the good pacing we've had so far.

Overall a weaker episode but I expect the next ones to be amazing.
May 9, 2020 10:04 AM

Dec 2012
They skip some of stuff..but the animation definitely god tier this eps..so no complain for me
May 9, 2020 10:05 AM

Jun 2019
Once again, Chika was adorable as ever. I don't like the fact that Kaguya swayed so easily over Shirpgane. Why was that? Also Miko is so cute. WTF. Overall good episode.
May 9, 2020 10:08 AM

Nov 2016
That marvellous glow on your skin after 8 hours of sleep, you feel indeed like God. But lol, Shirogane lost his hunter eyes.

And we got another round of Chika raising her boy xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 9, 2020 10:10 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode. Had me laughing a few times.

The "true love" part was great and Ishigami killed it with his advice.
Kaguya's fetish tho... XD.

Let's not forget Mama Chika. She was so proud of her child Miyuki.

May 9, 2020 10:10 AM

Jul 2014
Shirogane singing was splendid but is it just me it went fast, it's already the election day
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
May 9, 2020 10:13 AM
Jun 2016
HalfHalfBastard said:
It's like they wanted to introduce Iino as soon as possible but couldn't commit to the election arc and that's how we got this mess.

Well, I always knew there's no way they'd skip a chapter of their precious Fujiwara, it's just a shame it has to hurt the good pacing we've had so far.

Overall a weaker episode but I expect the next ones to be amazing.

Yeah I agree. They didn't seem to want to put all the election stuff back to back, which I understand the decision but the other parts of the episode made it feel like the focus on the election this time was a bit too weak. I'm sure next episode as was eluded by the end card we'll see the meat of it but the episode felt all over the place in a disjointed way. I do think all the individual scenes were good, but the pacing felt a bit fast for it to flow well from one scene to another.
May 9, 2020 10:17 AM

Dec 2019
Miyuki popular phase was hilarious, Kaguya reaction to it was priceless and it looks like she's got a weird fetish for his serious look.

Chika always acting like mama with Miyuki, really cute and adorable. I can't believe he's so bad at singing and yet Chika was able to teach him how to sing, she's really got it in her. I was surprised by the quality of animation there tho.

Kaguya made her move against Miku but it wasn't enough! It was so funny how Miku was almost able to make Kaguya join her side because of how silly Kaguya is.

O kawaii koto is back! I was waiting for this!

May 9, 2020 10:18 AM
Apr 2018
Since it's Mother's Day today, let us all greet Fujiwara Chika.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO HER.
May 9, 2020 10:18 AM

Jul 2017
WOAH WOAH WOAH...a CHANGED Miyuki??? With all the stress of the Student Council gone, it's BIG matter that things are NOT the same as is with his level brought down to the same as the students. And with Kaguya, we don't need to know how that turn out HEH.

All of that flamboyant change...Kaguya turns to Nagisa Kashiwagi as consolation, but as "birds of a feather flock together", girls just wanna get flustered about "true love".

And yet..."love guru" Chika steps in to give her 2 cents of all the wrong reasons that's so laughable, and WOW my man Ishigami you do talk your sense HAHA!
Not to mention dat face of Miyuki's, he's no different from Ishigami's "terror" spirit...

Going back to the unadapted Chapter 36 (like FINALLY), Miyuki being reprimanded by Chika is a RARE occurrence...how cute. First, the volleyball sports in Season 1, and then now with tone-deaf singing. Curse you Miyuki for deafening our ears to oblivion while giving us heartful laughs xD

erinerinyes said:
Since it's Mother's Day today, let us all greet Fujiwara Chika.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO HER.
OH YES, Mama Chika Fujiwara.

*claps* *claps* BRAVO! Le Beautifule for the school anthem. That was the most beautiful music ever heard. *muack*

And back to the student council election, things are heating up of the fight between 1st year Miko Iino vs. Miyuki fighting for his 2nd term, and Kaguya in the background doing nifty research to knock them off their high horses.

Problem is, with Miko Iino's serious play, Kaguya (and soon Miyuki) may be played into her hands...can't wait for Election Day next week!

The best episode yet, phenomenal and excellent one.
May 9, 2020 10:20 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I'm glad I'm not a manga reader (beyond current anime events, that is) considering what just unfolded above. As far as I'm concerned, this is another quality episode! If anything, I was (and am, in fact) under the impression that they might've shuffled the chapters a bit and maybe a little a little fast-paced but that was about it.

Damn, that Shirogane really is just too "clean". "Moteki" xD, anyone got Konosuba feels right there? (Seriously thought, how'd he survive for a whole year with a schedule as damn packed to the extent where'd look this different with just three more hours of decent sleep?) I can kind of understand Kaguya, as odd as it might sound. But is that really true love however? xD. Geez, did Ishigami-kun end up playing too much romance (or eroge, wherever his interests point towards) games or something though? Got to feel for Hayasaka too, that's love I suppose lol.

Back to Fujiwara mama v2, and it's just as fantastic as the previous lmao. I actually felt like I can sing myself for a moment there, y'know. Fujiwara breaking down and the flashbacks in the background was just too hilarious, I was lol'd the whole time.

And that gold final segment. I don't know if Iino-chan is a genius but she handled that the finest anyone could ever... Until her insane guidelines came into play, of course. Lol, that's a total breakdown in negotiations, there's no doubt 'bout that. Typical of the series with the fitting psychology factor too, just made it all the more hilarious imo.

About time until we get to the end of the campaign. Seems like there'll be some kind of tease/info with the shows' Radio outlet too, I imagine (inferring from the poster at the very end). Can't wait to see how that'll play out!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 9, 2020 10:24 AM
Mar 2018
Am I the only manga reader who thought they did it better in the anime?
May 9, 2020 10:35 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
With sufficient sleep Shirogane sure looks vastly different. To think that his usual aura actually made his fellows stay away from him though. Curious to see Kaguya getting advice from Kashiwagi though. The effect that Shirogane's change had on her though sure was devastating. The school anthem huh. Still Shirogane's singing sure was shockingly bad. Though its nice to see Chika once again work hard to train him to overcome it. The school anthem's lyrics though sure was inspiring. On the election front looks like Kaguya's been busy playing games to narrow the field. Kaguya's plot though sure backfired in the face of Miko's determination. Quite curious to see how the election will turn out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2020 10:35 AM
Apr 2020
Not 10 seconds into the episode and I'm already dying laughing. Even when I knew what was coming, it still hit me like Truck-kun
May 9, 2020 10:48 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The first 2 thirds of this episode was Phecking glorious. The shoujo eyes chapter and the Prez singing. I 've been waiting with glee since the second season was announced to hear how they would handle his crazy ass voice. It didn't disappoint. Chika's reaction was on point too.

Iino like always drags all the scenes she'd in down. In the manga I just find her mildly miscast, but here in the anime version she's really irritating with her sanctimounious BS. It just sucks all the comedic energy out of the scene.

"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 9, 2020 10:55 AM

Jan 2019
https://imgur.com/a/8s9Iyf4

Fujiwara be practicing that social distancing
May 9, 2020 10:59 AM

Oct 2018
Pretty solid episode, not every single one needs to be top quality. I enjoyed it just as much as the rest though
May 9, 2020 11:06 AM

Nov 2009
God tier. Just brilliant.
May 9, 2020 11:06 AM
Sep 2018
Idk how I feel about this episode, but hey it's Kaguya-sama and I can't hate it, so 5/5 episode

Mohammadalmannai said:
This was a hilarious episode. The best part was the Fujimom part of the episode. Honestly never thought they would adapt it and they did it perfectly. Also, Iino is a psycho, and we love her for that.

5/5

But damn, they skipped a bit too much this time around. They should stick to 3 chapters.

Yeah, especially Hayasaka scene, they also cut her scene in the first episode too. Seriously, they really hate to give us more Hayasaka content
May 9, 2020 11:14 AM

Jan 2018
lmfao its shirogane's popular phase
ishigami gave an inspirational speech, very cool, also loved chika teaching shirogane how to sing.
May 9, 2020 11:20 AM

Jul 2017
It's really apparent from the past few episodes and months with the manga, I've just become really annoyed with Chika's presence. Man she just annoys me now, when I used to like her when I started the manga/anime. Her charm really did fade away for me, and this episode did not help.

Production wasn't as strong in this episode for me too, unlike the other weeks. Otherwise, this was just another regular Kaguya-sama episode. An episode I would've enjoyed in 2019 or earlier, but comes across as incredibly stale and played out. Shame really.
May 9, 2020 11:21 AM
Feb 2020
Shirogane's really different and cute without dark circles
Ishigami's Crazy love advice I didn't expected tht 😂

I really love chika she's always there to teach shirogane first volleyball and now singing Chika's best
May 9, 2020 11:23 AM

Sep 2011
good episode though id probably also agree its one of the weaker ones between the 2 seasons and definitely this one. It's just adapting some of the chapters I dont feel terribly strongly about, what some people are saying about the chapters being rushed is indeed true but it doesnt really ruin much and if we were gonna rush things these are absolutely the ones to do it on,I think the issue really is the whole shirogane's eyes stuff being 2 chapters in the manga kind of put them in a tricky spot cause that really didnt need to be that long, and i think making that part stretched out to 2/3rd the episode would of been a different kind of problem had they not rushed it like they did, I just hope the next batch of episodes doesnt rush things the same for chapters id actually personally care for.

Next ep if im not mistaken on what gets adapted should be a great one though, it should be a great mid point climax of sort which has me paranoid that cause of corona they might stop there so please fuck dont. This wonderful anime has made the past few saturdays such a treat in contrast to how shit everything is so I dont wanna lose that.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 9, 2020 11:49 AM

Apr 2018
It seems we will never get a bad episode. Every episode is so entertaining.

And Kaguya can be quite scary sometimes. Love it
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
May 9, 2020 11:49 AM
Mar 2019
Is it just me that think this episode is funny ? I had a good laugh.
May 9, 2020 11:52 AM

Sep 2011
Townsperson_B said:
Is it just me that think this episode is funny ? I had a good laugh.
Nah I think most of us enjoyed it, its just some manga readers are a little sour cause they did cut alot and generally the episode is just weaker than others, doesnt mean its bad I honestly think in the whole 180+ chapters of this series theres like only 1 chapter I would call bad and unfunny, and its one that was from like the first dozen chapters that was outright skipped in s1 and will probably never get adapted (it was technically the Fujiwara dance with her letting a bug out at the end but in the manga it had nothing to do with her it was a kind of misplaced boob joke that belongs in a way shittier manga).

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 9, 2020 11:55 AM

Feb 2019
It was alright. It was still funny. But it didn't live up with the rest of we've seen so far and that's completely fine.

I hope Iino wins the election though. I like changes and I think that's a cool one
May 9, 2020 11:56 AM

Aug 2018
Always leave it to mama.

Fujiwara Best mama
"Who needs drugs when you got cute anime girls?"
-Sun Tzu
May 9, 2020 11:59 AM

Jan 2009
We're being a little bit spoiled here. Let's face it, the first and third part weren't all that funny to begin with in the manga, too. The third part has the excuse that it will be built upon in upcoming chapters, since it shows Kaguya's scheming dark side. Yes, Bakaguya is cute, but it's her dark mode which gives the character its depth.

Nevertheless, still very funny and worth a righ rating, and the middle part was nothing short of a blast :)
May 9, 2020 12:03 PM

Oct 2008
We got Kaguya's aroused face. That's more than enough for me.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Jun 20, 2020

665 by aod-kun »»
Mar 31, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2020

291 by kayiu102 »»
Feb 25, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - May 23, 2020

304 by ZeStark »»
Feb 21, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2020

364 by princessukeni »»
Feb 17, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 2, 2020

296 by Kier_Reference »»
Jan 31, 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.