Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 18, 2020 7:45 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, the windows shopping episode. I'm glad to also see Kei making a full return appearance this episode with Kaguya. No doubt Kaguya wanted to get along with her and I love their little character chemistry for the first half.

The cake though. Funny to see inner Kaguya make an appearance this episode in the courtroom thing. Chika is also hilarious this episode imo.

Stark700Apr 18, 2020 7:56 AM
Apr 18, 2020 7:54 AM
Jul 2018
I was SO excited for Aoi Koga's work this episode and she absolutely nailed it. She's incredible.

They added so many things to the source material this episode, too!
Apr 18, 2020 7:59 AM

Nov 2010
Part 1: Should we call it yuri in a sense??
Part 2: Are those Kaguyas' voices played by one single voice actress? It's surprising.
Apr 18, 2020 8:02 AM

Apr 2015
Koga's VA is stellar! Hilarious episode. Moeha is scary af, Bakaguya made an appearance.

The ED is pretty good, visuals are amazing but ed1 is much better imo.

5/5
Apr 18, 2020 8:03 AM

Mar 2019
DADDY! DADDY! DO! hoshii no sa
Too much sweet....
It’s like a date with kaichou ^~^
Chika’s loss = kaguya’s win.... moooo... ^o^
HEIWA_NO_SENSEIApr 18, 2020 8:08 AM
If there was no one else within a 5-kilometer radius from Shimamura, and she was in a deep sleep and an all-knowing deity just happened to reassure me that she wasn’t going to wake up the next 24 hours, maybe I’d get bored after 23 hours and I might kiss her once to relieve some boredom...
Apr 18, 2020 8:04 AM

Jul 2014
My expectations were high for this ep and it did more and then some, they did the chapters in this ep justice so well, from the added extra oompfs like that Umaru x Miyuki reference. Koga Aoi was amazing handling the Hall of Shinomiya’s! Finally saw Bakaguya 1st form, Iceguya and Loliguya, Koga’s range with them were on freakin point! Said this countless times but its like Kaguya was made to be voiced by her.
The 2nd part was a pretty important chapter for me as it showed Kaguya’s inner conflicts, the part “the one who decides is you... so... what do we want to do?” Made me teary af.

Also that ed visual! Bloody hell it was so techno like I loved it!
Apr 18, 2020 8:46 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh yeah this episode was probably even better than the first one, hilarious.
Apr 18, 2020 8:48 AM
Jul 2009
Really looking forward to this each week. Hoping this doesn't get delayed like the other anime this season.

No music, no life. Know music, know life. Thomas Carlyle
Apr 18, 2020 8:55 AM

Jul 2015
They are sure going all out for this anime. Kaguya's seiyuu is amazing.

Apr 18, 2020 9:03 AM

Feb 2019
Koga aoi is amazing. Simply put. Idk if my sense of humour changed since last year, but I find this a loooooot funnier than I found season 1. I’m enjoying this so much. Consistently been laughing my ass off watching both episodes .

The council of Kaguyas had me dying and Kaguya’s Seiyuu continues to impress, remember this was her first big role

The birthday cake scene with Chika and Ishigami had me rolling.

It looks like every episode is getting better and better, can’t wait for next week. Luckily the show is finished so there shouldn’t be any delays :)
Marinate1016Apr 18, 2020 9:28 AM
Apr 18, 2020 9:05 AM
Oct 2015
Koga Aoi is now my new God
Apr 18, 2020 9:08 AM

Sep 2011
Expectations were high on her voice actress to pull it off, she knocked it absolutly out of the park.
gefyhl said:
Really looking forward to this each week. Hoping this doesn't get delayed like the other anime this season.
we should be good at least to the midseason. Apparently a staffer said theres still work to be done so id not rule out it still getting delayed. But i think we will at the very least get to a fairly major moment in the series first since it was displayed in the trailers a while ago.

Heres hoping no though, cause where the season ends on i think everyone is biting at the nip to see animated since the anime started.
JizzyHitlerApr 18, 2020 9:11 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 18, 2020 9:10 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Amazing ep as always. I guess from the next ep, the student council elections arc is going to start.

5/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Apr 18, 2020 9:12 AM

Sep 2011
cchigu said:
Amazing ep as always. I guess from the next ep, the student council elections arc is going to start.

5/5
i feel like next ep will still be a normal ep but ep 4 i could see it starting

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 18, 2020 9:23 AM
Jul 2018
I wonder if shirogane x fujiwara exist the ed is very emotional
Apr 18, 2020 9:24 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
JizzyHitler said:
cchigu said:

5/5
Oh, yes I remembered.
cchiguApr 18, 2020 9:27 AM
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Apr 18, 2020 9:37 AM
May 2019
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
Apr 18, 2020 9:42 AM

Feb 2018
cchigu said:
JizzyHitler said:
Oh, yes I remembered.

Oh yeah, that would be epic
'I have no bonds tying me down. That's why I can see things as they are!!' - Yugami
Apr 18, 2020 9:43 AM

Sep 2018
Baka Kaguya,Kaguya Ice and child Kaguya made their first apperance and God Damn Aoi Koga did an amazing job with all the voices and emotions of Kaguya!

Fujiwara still remains the greatest chaos factor for both Kaguya and Prez. and
Ishigami is yet again there to save the day and trash Fujiwara for being a bad friend...BEST BOI!
well that's just my opinion.....
Apr 18, 2020 9:44 AM

Aug 2018
sucks that they didnt include chika's gift to miyuki scene but other than that the episode was amazing
Apr 18, 2020 9:46 AM

Sep 2011
cchigu said:
JizzyHitler said:
Oh, yes I remembered.
ideally yeah but we will see. Hopefully election is sooner than later cause i wont want them to delay a certain someone too long but i could see things lasting into the 2nd half of the season. Personally i rather hope that election ends at ep 6 or 7 to space put that and the other big moment

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 18, 2020 9:48 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode again.

Moeha, damn.

Kei is absolutely adorable. She's my favorite after Kaguya. <3
I love that she and Miyuki are similar but at the same time she claims to hate her brother because he's too nice.
Kaguya totally fell for Kei by that end of that shopping trip. XD

The council of Kaguya's was glorious and her giving Miyuki the cake at the end was so sweet and beautiful. Both of their reactions were great.

The final segment was hilarious, Ishigami with the power clutch play at the end. The true hero of the hour. xD
ED is beautiful.
Apr 18, 2020 9:48 AM

Feb 2017
Stellar performance by Aoi Koga in this episode. Amazing stuff. Never fails to brighten my day.
Apr 18, 2020 9:49 AM

Oct 2017
Holy Koga Aoi's voice acting of all Kaguya persona was dope, loved it.

Kei is so adorable, I really like her. Also lmfao Ishigami my man was brutal once again, RIP Fujiwara.
MegamiRemApr 18, 2020 10:19 AM
Apr 18, 2020 9:51 AM
Feb 2020
Aoi Koga is incredible. Her VA blows me away! It's nice seeing Kaguya and Kei getting along, and Moeha is cute asf. Season 1's ED is better imo but Season 2's ED is still good. Looking forward to next week, hopefully Corona-chan does not get in the way.
Apr 18, 2020 9:52 AM

Aug 2013
The inner dialogue within Kaguya mind (Bakaguya) was funny. The seiyuu did a great job.

Ishigami being brutal once again, poor Chika XD.

Apr 18, 2020 10:01 AM

Jan 2008
Wow, the birthday part was perfect! I don't have words to explain it how stunning it was. I thought that the sweet scene where she gave him the cake and present was the climax of the birthday episode but the scene after that where they discuss Shirogane's birthday the following day blew me off. And that BGM. YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND!! lol
Amazing editing.
_kurapanApr 18, 2020 10:52 AM
Apr 18, 2020 10:03 AM

Aug 2008
Wait, shouldn't we see Bakaguya in this episode?
But yeah, Kaguya's VA is amazing.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 18, 2020 10:07 AM

Jul 2017
Ah, Kaguya's court. Not the last time that's gonna appear heheheheh

Antanaru said:
Wait, shouldn't we see Bakaguya in this episode?
But yeah, Kaguya's VA is amazing.

Kaguya-chan comes pretty late on so idk if this season will show her
Apr 18, 2020 10:08 AM

Dec 2012
AMAZING EPISODE AS ALWAYS!

Apr 18, 2020 10:13 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
That OP looks so tasty lol. Nice to see Kei get some screen time. Moeha though sure was pretty scary. Kei's relationship with her bro sure was not as close as expected. Still Kei's quick thinking in treating the girls scrape sure was impressive. Though a tad stormy Kaguya sure managed to achieve her aim of bonding with Kei while also gaining some interesting intel. It certainly took Kaguya quite some time to realize the error of the cake though. The little trial that showed her inner struggle though was amusing. Still its nice that in the end that Kaguya managed to give the prez the cake. It was cute seeing Kaguya's innocent self. A brilliant ep as always. Have to say both the OP and endings are awesome this season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2020 10:13 AM

Dec 2014
that was something.. huh..
Apr 18, 2020 10:15 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
JizzyHitler said:
cchigu said:
Oh, yes I remembered.
ideally yeah but we will see. Hopefully election is sooner than later cause i wont want them to delay a certain someone too long but i could see things lasting into the 2nd half of the season. Personally i rather hope that election ends at ep 6 or 7 to space put that and the other big moment
Yeah, I also want sports fest arc to be adapted. It is my favorite arc of the whole manga.
Apr 18, 2020 10:20 AM

Sep 2017
Really love the opening. Something about Chika, Ishigami, and the two new character sneaking/dancing down the hallway is so funny to me
Apr 18, 2020 10:21 AM

Mar 2010
Twas a great time seeing kaguya and shirogane have a battle of wits again, and man no homo but was fun shopping with the girls for a bit teehee

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 18, 2020 10:24 AM

Jan 2019
The courtroom scene inside Kaguya's head was definitely the best part for me. (Some Phoenix Wright references?) I'm glad she decided to wish Shirogane a happy birthday though. We're making progress!

The scene afterwards about the birthday with Chika was great too. Ishigami inadvertently helped Kaguya.
Apr 18, 2020 10:24 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Fantastic episode, like the usual!

Finally time for the Window Shopping to get adapted, and unsurprisingly it delivered with flying colours! Almost a date with Shirogane, xD Kaguya was totally convinced for a second.

Such a moving story between the siblings as well, lmao. What's there to be displeased of in that story? Love those postcards after the segments, lol. Some glorious Kei and Kaguya moments though, we really need more of those. And finally some light into Moeha's creepy side...

Hayasaka's suggestion for a gift was just perfect! Ain't there any man out there who'd be displeased with that, trust me lmfao. Kaguya's internal battle was a treat to watch, mad credits to the VA for absolutely nailing the hell out of it! Some really creative work from the team to add to it, and it was fantastic just as you'd expect.

Considerate gifts at the end though, it must be said. Using this the day after to corner Shirogane wasn't the nicest idea though but of course it was going to fail xD. I don't know if Shirogane's a genius or not but he certainly kept away the imminent defeat (for the 2nd time) for the time being. Poor Chika btw, Ishigami really dug deep in the end there.

Visuals for the ED are just fabulous, and the song great too! I was a little sad that this season was confirmed to be just a cour but seeing the quality put into Op, ED and the episodes so far, I take it all back. This show is blessed with such brilliant people working behind the scenes, and I can not thank them enough for doing God's work!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 18, 2020 10:26 AM
Aug 2016
Great episode. I know i'm not the first to say it but Koga was amazing and that's when i really appreciate good seiyuus. I find incredible the fact that Kaguya is still her only relevant role as today. She is truly underrated.
Apr 18, 2020 10:30 AM
Oct 2016
Of course a hilarious episode. Really loved all there's skits with the middle being my favorite with Kaguya having that internal struggle literally in a court of her own mind. Kaguya the series, not the character herself, does a fantastic job with the comedy and getting us to love these characters that it'd be easy to overlook parts like this one. Where we actually get to the meat and potatoes of what makes Kaguya, the character this time, tick. The internal personalities of Baka Kaguya, Ice Kaguya and Child Kaguya all bring up solid points in their trial. The pragmatic thing to do, what she started out thinking when joining the student council, was to advance her family name but now things have drastically changed upon meeting Miyuki. Now she genuinely cares about him and loves him. Her Baka personality might be a little extreme but she's got solid points. It was great to see this portion animated since we haven't much yet. The Child Kaguya then telling the obvious of this whole thing is up to Kaguya herself. She can lament and squirm but it comes down to what she wants to do.

Other two parts like the one beforehand with Kaguya trying to get Kei to talk with her were very funny. The Fujiwara sisters were hoarding her like crazy to start but I got very adorable once Kei opened up to Kaguya. First names basis! They Shiroganes have a rough home I swear. hearing Kei describe it was brutal. Kaguya getting so flustered by Kei since she reminds her of Miyuki. So precious. The last part part with both Miyuki and Kaguya trying to use the fan to get the other to confess, very crafty by both oppositions. Chika is used so much in their schemes it's great, she has no idea. Miyuki thought he'd be nice and not use the fan against Kaguya but damn she turned that on him fast! Best boi them coming in to save Miyuki from being under the spotlight. Poor Chika the only one whom didn't know his birthday.
Apr 18, 2020 10:34 AM

May 2009
Now this episode really felt like the first season quality wise. EP1 was also good but it felt like something was missing. Kaguya's VA Aoi Koga will probably end up as the new Hanazawa Kana thanks to this episode, hope to see her in more shows next year <3
Apr 18, 2020 10:36 AM

Apr 2016
Wait... This is illegal. Why is this episode so good? WAIT... And then the music came in the second half and made it ever better. WAT?
Apr 18, 2020 10:38 AM

Oct 2018
God damn! I LOVED this episode! Not only is it now my favourite episode of Kaguya-sama, but also my favourite episode of this year so far! This was absolutely adorable, insanely intense and heckin' hilarious all at the same time! I freakin' love this anime.
Don't you hate it when there's too much water?
Apr 18, 2020 10:48 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Loved everything about this episode. Moeha's insanity, Kei's absolute imouto perfection, Kaguya's inner trial and then the grand finale in the student council room.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 18, 2020 10:54 AM

Feb 2011
I can't get enough of Chika
Apr 18, 2020 11:08 AM

May 2019
To be honest I was kinda bored in the first half but the second half was good.

Once again, not enough Ishigami...
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Apr 18, 2020 11:13 AM

Mar 2016
Yet another episode that had me choke and cough with laughter xD

Moeha is a dangerous as fuck girl, I'd keep my eyes on that little monster more. Kaguya's dilemma trying to talk to Kei, I can so relate, ngl.

Hayasaka's idea is best idea. Period xDDDDD

That internal mental battle between Kaguya's other selves. Ace Attorney reference?

And Fujiwara Chika, man.........took that huge ass L from my homeboy Ishigami.

The directing in terms of comedy flow and visual & vocal cues, as well as the voice acting....just amazing!
Apr 18, 2020 11:15 AM
Apr 2018
Koga Aoi is amazing as always. Goddamn, she nailed the scene where Kaguya's personalities were having a trial. She should get an award for that alone.

ps. I SMELL OPENING OF THE YEAR
LemonadeYou-kyanApr 18, 2020 7:25 PM
Apr 18, 2020 11:23 AM

Jan 2018
i loved this episode so much lmao, seeing kaguya and kei together was great
seeing all of the inner kaguyas was hilarious and her giving shirogane the cake and present was so wholesome ;-;
and i did NOT expect ishigami to do chika like that lmaooo, rip chika

alright, whos that 1 person who voted 1 out of 5 on the poll
Apr 18, 2020 11:28 AM

Mar 2016
axmarus said:
i loved this episode so much lmao, seeing kaguya and kei together was great
seeing all of the inner kaguyas was hilarious and her giving shirogane the cake and present was so wholesome ;-;
and i did NOT expect ishigami to do chika like that lmaooo, rip chika

alright, whos that 1 person who voted 1 out of 5 on the poll

I think I know who that may be, but I'd rather not say it to start some dumb drama and shit :P

Idk how one with their sanity intact would hate this episode, ngl. I can understand maybe indifferent, but hate....hell nah.
Apr 18, 2020 11:35 AM

Mar 2018
i'm utterly speechless, this has to be one of the best anime adaptation of all time
also Koga Aoi deserve a statue
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Jun 20, 2020

665 by aod-kun »»
Mar 31, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2020

291 by kayiu102 »»
Feb 25, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - May 23, 2020

304 by ZeStark »»
Feb 21, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2020

364 by princessukeni »»
Feb 17, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 2, 2020

296 by Kier_Reference »»
Jan 31, 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.