Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kakushigoto: My Dad's Secret Ambition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 17, 2020 3:09 AM

Sep 2019
I wonder why the house is sold. But i guess it's more important to enjoy the good times while it lasts.

Also, goto is having a harem of his own. I'm not expecting less from a person who voiced araragi.
White_HollowApr 17, 2020 3:39 AM

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Apr 17, 2020 4:40 AM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
I'm not sure I can cope with this anime if it turns out the dad is also dead. That's too sad. I want this to be a cute happy slice of life. Please don't be dead.

Can someone please spoil me on this story? Is the Dad dead?

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Apr 17, 2020 5:07 AM
Oct 2018
This will definitely be one of the best anime's released this season or possibly year, I really enjoy the comedy and story-line.

But just the foreshadowing from the opening of Goto disappearing really hurts, I don't want this to be a sad anime, I want a happy ending...
Apr 17, 2020 5:08 AM
Jul 2018
horridhendy said:
I'm not sure I can cope with this anime if it turns out the dad is also dead. That's too sad. I want this to be a cute happy slice of life. Please don't be dead.

here you go
Apr 17, 2020 5:29 AM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
squirrvev said:
horridhendy said:

here you go

Thanks for letting me know :)

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Apr 17, 2020 8:03 AM

Aug 2013
Gotou-sensei got himself a harem XD.

Great episode with the usual comedy in the workplace.

Apr 17, 2020 10:31 AM

Feb 2014
Hime thinking that they were poor was quite the gag. She really wanted to save money to the utmost limit which was rather cute.
Also Goto IT had me laughing hard. Rausna can be really terrifying with her idea sometime.

Marinate1016 said:
So last week I deduced from the OP that Hime’s dad would die at some point in the story. In the OP as the seasons change and they stand apart from each other he eventually disappears. The ending of the last episode seemed to have confirmed that with her finding the boxes of clothes in the closet. This gave me VE episode 10 flashbacks.

Been waiting all week for a new episode to get questions answered because idk how I’d cope with that type of ending :(

Yeah those boxes really do give VE vibes. Those must be from her mother.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 17, 2020 10:44 AM

Apr 2018
Hey, I didn't know the teacher was a casanova ...

Ok, seriously, issues like the home where the two live has caught my attention. I also thought about why they live in such a place, even though it must have an emotional meaning for Goto.

You and the rose are connected. Know the weight of your own life
Apr 17, 2020 10:53 AM
Jul 2019
Marinate1016 said:
So last week I deduced from the OP that Hime’s dad would die at some point in the story. In the OP as the seasons change and they stand apart from each other he eventually disappears. The ending of the last episode seemed to have confirmed that with her finding the boxes of clothes in the closet. This gave me VE episode 10 flashbacks.

Been waiting all week for a new episode to get questions answered because idk how I’d cope with that type of ending :(

Little kids can really be mean as hell. Straight up asking hime if she’s poor just because of her house being one floor lol.

Goto’s got 4 girls thinking he’s in love with them and proposing in one episode, that’s gotta be a record.

Probably would make more sense for him to just buy a nice pair of dress clothes instead of constantly renting them at this point.

Nice heartwarming episode, didn’t really get the answers I was looking for, but the cute stuff put me at ease

Yeah I too have that notion that Hime's dad would have a death flag , cu'z this anime pretty much was giving us hints.
Apr 17, 2020 2:29 PM

Apr 2016
This episode was the best out of the three until now. Hime is so cute xD
Apr 17, 2020 6:05 PM
Nov 2010
By The Way ...
Nadila = Waitress in Arabic
;)
Apr 17, 2020 8:02 PM

Jul 2016
Uh... so, there are two houses that look exactly the same, right? Kinda got lost with what Hime said at the beginning but that seems to be the case.

Anyways, another cute episode. The accidental harem segment was particularly both funny and adorable to see.
Apr 17, 2020 8:43 PM
Jan 2016
are the scenes of hime as an adult in the manga too???
Apr 17, 2020 11:01 PM

Jul 2017
Random comment but I love Rikyako's voice so much. Its good to see Aida Rikako voicing characters other than Riko. Still an idol though. lol

Once we realize it, everything will fall into place
Our hearts calling to the future with all their might
We'll move forward, holding each other's shaking hands
Apr 17, 2020 11:40 PM
Aug 2017
Hime chan is so precious
Apr 18, 2020 12:27 AM

Jun 2013
Nadila is so cute! I want to see more of her in future episodes!

Goto-sensei has his own harem now. However, Hime-chan is just the cutest! She wants to spend more time with her father.
臭い-
Apr 18, 2020 12:31 AM
Jul 2018
Starkiller118 said:
are the scenes of hime as an adult in the manga too???

yes, they all come from colored omake chapters at the beginning and end of each volume.
Apr 18, 2020 3:07 AM
May 2019
So im so bamboozled. The episode continues from previous episode ending. And after few first minutes it just went back again to her younger self times and everything went normal. Then when he wants to go home in his "working suit" he founds out its sold. So he has to wear a Wedding suit. And then he talks to gym teacher and she thinks he proposes to her. And he is talking how good it would be to have a mom. And when he talkts to other girls they all think he is hitting on him and it just became harem suddenly. And i just dont know what to think now :D.
Apr 18, 2020 3:19 AM

May 2015
Nice harem you got there. ;)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 18, 2020 6:21 AM

May 2019
Welp, Goto has a harem now xD

Lowkey tho, I ship him with the sensei ngl

The characters and themes coalesced really well this episode. The pacing was on point, and the choregraphy was spot on. This was. areally well-crafted ep.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Apr 18, 2020 8:01 AM
Mar 2019
a refreshing episode, and of course Hime is so cute as usual. but this still gives me some taste of sadness for some of the parts, but that cant be helped tho, i still enjoy the show.
I love K-On, and so should you.

Apr 18, 2020 9:52 AM

Dec 2013
What an absolute chad is Goto-sensei, he got a harem without even trying, or knowing for that matter.

Hime is such an angel even with that girl, I hope we get to know what happened with her mother soon.
Apr 18, 2020 11:40 AM

Mar 2015
lmao Goto suddenly became a harem MC this episode unintentionally hitting girls left and right
Apr 18, 2020 2:03 PM

Sep 2011
The harem was just the funniest shit, but coupled with the pretty heartwarming bit at the end of Hime only really want him was an added bonus. This kind of tone is something i sucker for and I am just absolutely eating this up. Also the indoneasian rain joke was 10/10

Also i worry this series might get overshadowed by the whole is he dead thing, cause im 99.9% certain hes alive and its a fake out, so i hope that doesnt make people undersell just how heartwarming and funny the show around it is.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 19, 2020 12:37 AM

Dec 2015
Let's hope the women (and girl) is only a 1segment long joke...

3/5
Apr 19, 2020 12:48 PM

Jul 2014
Marinate1016 said:
So last week I deduced from the OP that Hime’s dad would die at some point in the story. In the OP as the seasons change and they stand apart from each other he eventually disappears. The ending of the last episode seemed to have confirmed that with her finding the boxes of clothes in the closet.
Everything in the parts of chibi-adult Hime seems to point to that; from the first episode on. It's freaking me out, really!
Apr 19, 2020 12:55 PM

Dec 2016
jd2001z said:
I really found it funny that Kakushi is a harem protagonist who isn't a harem protagonist. Dude's a wholesome playboy without knowing it. I guess we'll be seeing more of his "harem" in the future episodes (the next episode preview had the high school girl I think). Honestly tho if they really did fall in love with him I'd feel bad cause he doesn't have those intentions for any of them.

Same, also now I understand why Kumeta Kouji (author of the manga) in interview said that anime could be 5 season long. All those women add interesting dynamic to the series.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Apr 19, 2020 10:14 PM

Jul 2017
A quick timeskip into Chapters 35-38 for the 1st half, it's amazing to see Hime being TOO aware of Kakushi's status as a mere salaryman, so much it's hilarious. A child worrying over money, that's smarts. And then, new IT equipment for Goto's manga circle.

HEH asking some Indonesian to draw backgrounds? Sure in rainy over there. And the housekeeper Nadila being like an Indonesian maid, WOW haha that was literate!

Back to the usual for the 2nd half, preparing for Hime's sports festival, starts with lessons being a motherly figure...while being a ladies' man building on a unconscious harem.

Angelic episode.
Apr 20, 2020 3:36 AM
Dec 2013
despairazure said:
Random comment but I love Rikyako's voice so much. Its good to see Aida Rikako voicing characters other than Riko. Still an idol though. lol

Finaly I got some Rikako fans there. Nice to meet you. Just Enjoy it.

Anyway, since I didn't read manga. I just want to follow that story smoothly. So that I wish not getting worried too much about spoilers around them. :)
Apr 20, 2020 5:20 AM
Apr 2019
Loved it! Imo best episode so far.
Apr 20, 2020 5:29 AM

Feb 2020
Another week and another great Kakushigoto´s episode (the best one so far). "Romantic" moments were the most funny thing. Pure gold this episode
Apr 20, 2020 10:22 AM

Aug 2011
My theory behinde the boxes ?

The mom found out she will die for some reason so she decided to make something for her for each year of her life that way her dad wont find it hard rasing her without a mothers help

The dad will die at the end of the series 99% shure mostly coz she seems to regret not knowing her dad more

The house is the same probably coz he wanted to raise her like it wold of been if her mom was still alive or something
Apr 21, 2020 5:08 AM
Jun 2017
Sondfer said:
So it was Hime's mother who prepared 17-20 boxes? Since they was left behind in their original house.

I think it's her dad? Because initially there was only 16 and then after he found out about them he started learning how to sew clothes so I'm guessing he made them for her (since apparently he disappeared but pls don't tell me he passed away like her mom)
Apr 21, 2020 8:54 AM

Dec 2010
I love the Ken Akamatsu references this episode haha.

I wonder if that was Love Hina...
Apr 21, 2020 8:54 AM
Aug 2016
The boxes from 17 to 20 must be made by Goto sensei :")
I think there's something hidden behind the mother's death.

And seriously crying over Hime's maturity and dedication to help out his father in every possible way.
Apr 21, 2020 2:08 PM

Sep 2015
3 episodes and I'm still crying with the ending. For me is the best ending of 2020.
Apr 21, 2020 11:08 PM

Oct 2017
Lol this was an amusing episode, Gotou unintentionally triggering lots of flags with women were hilarious.
Apr 22, 2020 2:02 AM

Jan 2011
they force comedic scenes too much and repeat same jokes
Apr 22, 2020 6:33 PM

Apr 2014
I definitely agree with those who said the anime has VE ep 10 elements. I can see the show getting bittersweet as the boxes in the old house signify that Goto-san planned four more boxes after 16. The mother made boxes from ages 8-16, so she probably knew she was going to pass on when Hime was 7. If Goto-san is dead in the future, it means he also knew he was passing on so he made the boxes as far as he could.

But I think maybe there's another angle to it. He might be sick, but not dead yet, so he gave Hime the key to the old house with his manuscripts and the boxes so she could find out. Perhaps he was alive until she turned 18 or healthy until she was 18, because he didn't show her the 17 & 18 boxes until now.

There's also the chance that he re-married one of the potential women we see, although it's only ep 3 so I doubt we've seen that candidate yet. If he re-married there's a total chance that he's just not there, perhaps abroad and he gave the key to the house as a planned gift, but wasn't there to see it - or didn't want to be there to show her.

^mainly all this is me trying to not feel sad about the anime even though it's heavily implied that he may not survive to see her grow up. Lmk what you think, I'm keeping myself in the dark because I really don't want this spoiled.
Apr 23, 2020 1:00 PM

Nov 2017
He actually straight up said that he's not poor enough. What a man.
The levels he's going to just to hide his job is incredible though.
This was yet another hilarious episode. Really enjoyablr!

plz @ me
Apr 23, 2020 4:01 PM

Feb 2018
Lol wasn't sure about maybe the first half of the episode which was aight but not as good as the first two, but the second half was really funny. Low key want Kakushi and Ichiko to get together but... judging for the end of last episode, that's probably not gonna happen. 4/5
Apr 25, 2020 2:58 PM

Nov 2013
Swagernator said:
Like dont get me wrong, this episode was fuckign hilarious but ... i kinda don't really care anymore, you see this show constantly remind us that what we see is past, and the bits at the end or the beginning of every episode are the present time. And i kinda want to just skip the episode and just watch those pieces you know.
Same here, I can't really force myself to laugh, knowing that this will most certainly end with the dad dying + some very sad ending...
Apr 25, 2020 3:01 PM

Nov 2013
Sondfer said:
So it was Hime's mother who prepared 17-20 boxes? Since they was left behind in their original house.
Most likely that's the case and since we're only seeing an original house, this kind of gives a little hope that the ending won't be what we expect it to be - meaning, sad and depressing, with the Dad being dead and so on...
Apr 26, 2020 5:25 PM

May 2010
Looks like the dad is gonna die in the next few years. Judging by her uniform, she should be around middle school age, and she's only 10 rn, so another 3 or so years huh...
Apr 27, 2020 2:50 AM

Feb 2007
TrueUchiha said:
Looks like the dad is gonna die in the next few years. Judging by her uniform, she should be around middle school age, and she's only 10 rn, so another 3 or so years huh...

The first episode clearly says she got the key to the old house on her 18th birthday.
Apr 30, 2020 9:22 AM

Nov 2015
the mangaka really is into Indonesian culture isnt he. better than the first two episodes imo. some comedic elements worked for me and the part about IT-Drawing was interesting.

2.5/5
May 3, 2020 11:51 PM

Jan 2012
This episode once again was hilarious, but why do I just get that feeling this anime is going to crush my soul? ergh ;(
May 4, 2020 5:29 AM
Apr 2020
Multiple misunderstanding is really fun to watch. This is a very hilarious episode! 🤣
May 8, 2020 7:27 PM

Jan 2013
Saying this right here right now, i'll regret watching this later, the feels are getting harder and harder. Awesome episode!
´
The way they switch between comedy and feels inside one episode, it's insane!
The whole episode was amazing but that flashback scene made me worried..

Great to see him working so much just to keep her satisfied and happy.
And that harem, oh boy hahahaah
AivanKMay 8, 2020 7:30 PM
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 9, 2020 12:54 PM

May 2019
As Indonesian myself, this episode is Racist! Lol

I mean, we are not black but a little black
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Marinate1016 - May 28, 2020

80 by Mailo91 »»
Mar 26, 9:18 AM

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 18, 2020

270 by CaseDiagram »»
Feb 18, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

226 by removed-user »»
Sep 4, 2023 10:22 AM

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ashhk - May 21, 2020

93 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 2, 2023 5:28 AM

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2020

111 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 1, 2023 2:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.