Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kakushigoto: My Dad's Secret Ambition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 16, 2020 7:36 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, having friends come over adds more humor to this amusing episode.

Tbh, I also kinda like how the art of making manga is protrayed from different viewpoints. It has this satrical comedy feel added to the working process and the art itself. Gotou and Hime still shares a character chemistry I find entertaining, even during moments when they're just eating together.

Stark700Apr 16, 2020 7:40 AM
Apr 16, 2020 7:58 AM

Feb 2019
So last week I deduced from the OP that Hime’s dad would die at some point in the story. In the OP as the seasons change and they stand apart from each other he eventually disappears. The ending of the last episode seemed to have confirmed that with her finding the boxes of clothes in the closet. This gave me VE episode 10 flashbacks.

Been waiting all week for a new episode to get questions answered because idk how I’d cope with that type of ending :(

Little kids can really be mean as hell. Straight up asking hime if she’s poor just because of her house being one floor lol.

Goto’s got 4 girls thinking he’s in love with them and proposing in one episode, that’s gotta be a record.

Probably would make more sense for him to just buy a nice pair of dress clothes instead of constantly renting them at this point.

Nice heartwarming episode, didn’t really get the answers I was looking for, but the cute stuff put me at ease
Apr 16, 2020 7:59 AM
Dec 2017
So it was Hime's mother who prepared 17-20 boxes? Since they was left behind in their original house.
Apr 16, 2020 8:09 AM

Apr 2016
Like dont get me wrong, this episode was fuckign hilarious but ... i kinda don't really care anymore, you see this show constantly remind us that what we see is past, and the bits at the end or the beginning of every episode are the present time. And i kinda want to just skip the episode and just watch those pieces you know.
Apr 16, 2020 8:12 AM

Nov 2010
Many female characters were introduced. I would have never imagined that this show would have harem elements.
Apr 16, 2020 8:33 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So much girls for him xD I want to know more about Hime's mother, too much mysteries in this show
Apr 16, 2020 8:38 AM
Jun 2017
I am really digging this series. Very wholesome while also having some of the humor of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. I am surprised that this combination worked.

In this chapter we could see that Gotou has a lot of potential as a harem protagonist.
Apr 16, 2020 8:54 AM

Nov 2016
No need to be impatient, let's try to enjoy the ride.

With that said, it's harem time!

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 16, 2020 9:08 AM

Jan 2014
Hime is such an angel. It's no wonder why her dad wants to protect her. She's such a sweetheart that should be protected.
Apr 16, 2020 9:16 AM
Apr 2019
Sondfer said:
So it was Hime's mother who prepared 17-20 boxes? Since they was left behind in their original house.
I'm pretty sure Hime's mother prepared all the boxes, 'cuz who else would. I can't wait to find out what happened in the past and what will happen in the future.
Apr 16, 2020 9:16 AM

Feb 2020
This show is too cute and really funny just finished all 3 what delight need box answers soon (っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ Hime ♥

Apr 16, 2020 9:20 AM

Nov 2011
Okay so some questions were somewhat answered.

Sensei had his current house built to resemble a previous house. Maybe where his wife and him used to reside? I mean the house they are currently living in is 7 years old and Hina is 10 so maybe he wanted to have the same layout so Hina wouldn't be confused when her mother was eventually not around.
That would make sense considering she found 17-20 year old clothes in that house as well.
Also that proves her mother made those clothes as well.

Well onto the episode I didn't expect a harem episode but here we are lol.

Hina trying to do house work was pretty adorable.

Ami's suggestions for working out with manga were pretty funny as well.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 16, 2020 9:26 AM

Feb 2017
lol at Kakushi casually making a harem. Really fun episode but I am so anxious about what happened and dread the thought of these fun times being over eventually and sad times coming.
Apr 16, 2020 9:43 AM

Oct 2017
That fan service line is fucking ultra-elite level writing.

This whole show is amazing. Not going overboard with the score yet because so much of what is making it good so far is bundled in with the potential. Could push 9/10 levels if it nails the emotional beats.

Also, I only just looked at the VA line up. WTF. Stacked.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Apr 16, 2020 9:46 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Man, I can not possibly prepare for the imminent disaster that is to befall on Hime-chan! She's just the most precious thing ever, and those last few seconds before proved it in flying colours.

Goto-sensei effortlessly making a Harem (and a possible Yandere in the process) for himself was hilarious, just how thirsty are those ladies xD. A cook, florist, soon-to-be idol and the teacher, this is just pure talent jeez.

Poor, lmao. Hime-chan's friends are just .. saikou. That layout matching the previous house, oh that's some bittersweet stuff incoming.

More of the usual hilarious stuff over in the workplace too. Particularly found that bit on the uselessness of exercising in the line of work hilarious, and Indonesia moments xD. And manga artists do everything through manga, that's deep lol.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 16, 2020 10:07 AM

Jan 2016
I really found it funny that Kakushi is a harem protagonist who isn't a harem protagonist. Dude's a wholesome playboy without knowing it. I guess we'll be seeing more of his "harem" in the future episodes (the next episode preview had the high school girl I think). Honestly tho if they really did fall in love with him I'd feel bad cause he doesn't have those intentions for any of them.

SoraSenpai said:

Sensei had his current house built to resemble a previous house. Maybe where his wife and him used to reside? I mean the house they are currently living in is 7 years old and Hina is 10 so maybe he wanted to have the same layout so Hina wouldn't be confused when her mother was eventually not around.
That would make sense considering she found 17-20 year old clothes in that house as well.

Ok now I understand the thing about the houses. My brain must not be working properly rn since I couldn't think of this myself lol. Thanks, it really makes sense tho.
Apr 16, 2020 10:17 AM

Jan 2015
LMAOOOO the harem one was gold.
Best episode for sure
Apr 16, 2020 10:23 AM
May 2019
Heartwarming as always.
And that harem was hilarious.
And, despite that, I like that this show's developing not only the mystery of what happened to Hime's mother, but the mystery of what will happen with Kakushi Goto and what's up with the houses.
Apr 16, 2020 10:53 AM

May 2019
I'm pretty sure Goto used fannymagnet this episode lol
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Apr 16, 2020 10:54 AM

Jan 2016
please don't be dead, please don't be dead, please don't be dead, please don't be dead, please don't be dead, please don't be dead, please don't be dead, please don't be dead, please don't be dead, please don't be dead, please don't be dead, please don't be dead, please don't be dead, please don't be dead
Apr 16, 2020 11:01 AM

Jul 2017
This episode was better than the 2nd one for me, but only slightly. I still feel a disconnect of sorts for the characters and the comedy in this show, it's just not clicking smoothly, and the visuals continue to be lackluster (I like the style but the way its presented is pretty dull).

The voice acting though continues to be good, and I do still like the soundtracks in this episode. Hime's dad was on point with his voice.

I'm very 50-50 when it comes to watching/dropping this, but since I'm not convinced yet, might continue this till the end and see if it gets better for me. So far, underwhelming start.
Apr 16, 2020 11:10 AM

Nov 2011
jd2001z said:
I really found it funny that Kakushi is a harem protagonist who isn't a harem protagonist. Dude's a wholesome playboy without knowing it. I guess we'll be seeing more of his "harem" in the future episodes (the next episode preview had the high school girl I think). Honestly tho if they really did fall in love with him I'd feel bad cause he doesn't have those intentions for any of them.

SoraSenpai said:

Ok now I understand the thing about the houses. My brain must not be working properly rn since I couldn't think of this myself lol. Thanks, it really makes sense tho.

Granted it is still just a theory but with how caring Gotou (and most likely the wife/mother as well) is I feel like they would do something like build another house that Hime is somewhat accustomed to even after her mothers passing.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 16, 2020 11:25 AM

Sep 2017
Very cute. No one told me this would be a harem anime lol. Aside from that I think the future/present stuff is kind of weird to have happening so sparsely in each episode. I think it would have worked better if they waited a little longer in the series before bring up these potentially sad things.
Apr 16, 2020 11:39 AM

Mar 2016
This show continues to do what it needs to do each week.
Charming. Cute. Wholesome. Dynamic. Relaxing.

Kakushi inadvertently infatuating young women was quite well-executed, imho. That segment could still be better, though, I'll admit.

Hime's initiatives after being told she's poor (binbou), though xDD
Apr 16, 2020 11:55 AM

Jul 2013
Kakushi released his inner Araragi and formed himself a harem in a single episode. I liked that development.
The relationship between Kakushi and Hime is so wholesome it gives me diabetes each episode.
Apr 16, 2020 12:07 PM

Dec 2017
This episode was very fun! Really liked it.
Apr 16, 2020 12:12 PM

Aug 2013
Best episode for now.
Hiroshi Kamiya and Takahashi Rie are just perfect as Kakushi and Hime <3
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 16, 2020 12:42 PM
Dec 2018
Goto-sensei... please, be safe.......
Apr 16, 2020 1:22 PM

Dec 2014
kinda interesting...hoe he nabs so many women..lol
Apr 16, 2020 1:24 PM

Mar 2019
dat DAD a real player. Every "wanna be" player can learn a lot from him.

But it was indeed funny to see how every woman thinks about being the mother
Apr 16, 2020 1:40 PM
Jul 2018
It was a lot better than the last two episodes. Hopefully that means the series is hitting its stride.
Apr 16, 2020 1:45 PM
May 2014
Found it funny when he unintentionally hit on all the females and they showed up to Hime's sports day. How did they find out when and where the sports day was? How did the aspiring idol get out of class to attend the sports day at an elementary school?
Apr 16, 2020 1:52 PM

Mar 2019
That was a good episode, Gotou is such a seducer.
So the house seems to be a replica of another older house, I wonder why
Apr 16, 2020 2:19 PM

Mar 2017
Oh bless all those poor women haha I wonder if Gotou will ever realize that Hime's teacher is in love with him?

It was so adorable how Hime thinks they're poor so she started doing all those things to save money. With such a sweet little girl, it's no surprise that Gotou dotes on her so much!

Every week more questions are added about the things happening around 18-year-old Hime, but this week's added info has me so curious; why are the two houses identical?!
Apr 16, 2020 2:31 PM

Feb 2007
Dammit, Indonesia. :D

Suddenly, harem...
Apr 16, 2020 3:29 PM

Nov 2015
omg Hime is such a sweet girl, I really hope she doesn't lose her father as it was implied by the boxes scene
Apr 16, 2020 4:02 PM

Feb 2020
Araragi making an appearance! Involuntary harem! Last episode wasn't bad, but I had much more fun in this one! Love this show, but just like most of you are worried about, I sure hope he isn't dead :(
Apr 16, 2020 4:32 PM

Mar 2010
What a extremely fun series, loved how he unintentionally hit on everyone, though idk who best girl is? eek..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 16, 2020 4:36 PM
Jul 2016
he accidentally is such a player, making women of all ages from a highschooler to his daughters teacher fall for him
what a player
and tbh i think it would be super interesting to see him actually get involved with someone and the dynamic between her and hime but im quit certain it wont happen (and dont want to spoil myself with manga)
Apr 16, 2020 4:44 PM
Mar 2017
That was good episode
i have a feeling rasuna-chan is somewhat important character
1.at end of episode 2 rasuna and tomaruin are there(maybe they are the one who drive hime there)
2.iirc gotou haven't adress her with her name
3.this episode we've seen gotou isn't very interested in woman,but rasuna made him red

also that indonesia lol,i'm happy japan(atleast in anime)always mention indonesia with their food
and they always draw indonesia with black/brown skin...not all of us are dark skined tbh
Apr 16, 2020 4:52 PM

Apr 2020
Tbh,I really like the animation, the animation is really nice to watch, btw I ship goto with the flosrist
Apr 16, 2020 4:59 PM

Nov 2013
OMG I can't take this ambiguity!!!!
I know this whole anime is looking at the story in retrospect, but I have to know... Is the dad is dead too ?!
Hime deserves someone to look after her. :(
Apr 16, 2020 6:32 PM

Oct 2008
This episode is so awesome and fun!
especially the part where the 2 ladies thought they were hitting on him!
and then even the highschool who is aspiring to be an idol and of course dark skinned sensei in rage mode behind! bwahahah! such epicness!
5/5.

Apr 16, 2020 6:36 PM

Jun 2015
God... With all these foreshadowing between past and future, I can't help but thinking of the worst. I can't... Maybe I have to prepare a few boxes of tissues.
Apr 16, 2020 6:46 PM

Oct 2017
Sondfer said:

Yeah that was obvious, and the rest were prepared by Goto since it seems like he also dies.
Apr 16, 2020 7:38 PM
Apr 2019
LMAO he just casually making harem.. what a chad..
Apr 16, 2020 7:46 PM

Feb 2019
Hmm... so it seems that after his wife passed away, Goto moved and had a new house built that looked exactly the same as his old house? That would explain why the boxes in the house don't cover 17-20, but the boxes that the present Hime found did. Also explains why the old house is so run-down and why Hime didn't immediately recognise it. If that was her house from when she was little, she would've recognised not only the house but the surroundings, but here she realised that the layout of the house is like her old house. But now I'm slightly confused, did Goto pass away? Because it's still plausible that he didn't, and that Hime went to the old house after being given the key. But if the OP and ED are any indicators, then it seems Goto will pass away. That kind of ending will break my heart.

That aside, this episode was funny. I'm from Indonesia and it was nice to see Indonesia being mentioned twice, especially that drawing which was hilarious and was filled with stereotypical Indonesian features. I wonder if they have an Indonesian on board? Or if the mangaka had Indonesian friends or family? Because I don't think a lot of Japanese people are too familiar with Indonesia over all.

It was funny but wholesome. Kids really know no tact, asking if their friend is POOR. Seeing Hime feel bad about supposedly spending too much money also made me feel bad. She's so cute though.

Goto's such a doting father but it's sweet to see, seeing him try so hard for her sports festival (and inadvertently hitting on four women in the process).

A definite watch for this season.
Apr 16, 2020 8:53 PM

Dec 2013
I really hope this will have a happy ending. I feel it'd be a lot stronger as a feel-good series than trying to force moe.

The accidental harem is hilarious, another well paced episode with some laughs.
Apr 16, 2020 9:29 PM

Jan 2017
What a chad Goto-sensei!
Apr 16, 2020 9:42 PM

Jul 2014
Lmao the dad is unaware he just created a harem.
Reminds me with Taihei (Umaru's brother) who also unaware he is doing the same while he is not a main spot of that series..
Also this is first time i see Indonesian character in anime, quite spot on with the dishes and the name lol..
Crocospect22Apr 16, 2020 9:45 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Marinate1016 - May 28, 2020

80 by Mailo91 »»
Mar 26, 9:18 AM

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 18, 2020

270 by CaseDiagram »»
Feb 18, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

226 by removed-user »»
Sep 4, 2023 10:22 AM

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ashhk - May 21, 2020

93 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 2, 2023 5:28 AM

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2020

111 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 1, 2023 2:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.