Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kakushigoto: My Dad's Secret Ambition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 28, 2020 8:05 AM

Feb 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
“All mangaka are lolicons” truer words have never been spoken. Really fun episode today with the publishing party. As usual Hime is adorable and patient with her dad. If only he’d just be honest with her... Nadia continues to be best girl for me

The timeskip scene was actually quite encouraging today. “That’s not true” so is Goto sensei actually alive and in hiding somewhere? Comatose? Seems like his former staff know something based on the past 3 eps.
Marinate1016May 28, 2020 8:11 AM
May 28, 2020 8:10 AM

Feb 2018
The episode is adorable, I like the part when Hime asks what is a Chandelier? Loli who is curious is indeed amazing, I thought Kakushi would give a good answer but in fact no, big chandelier is big chandelier, lol, and also it's just a disco ball wtf. I want to know what expression Kakushi will make when angry, Teacher is your lie.

May 28, 2020 8:14 AM

Jul 2017
OOH a year-end party, great relief for the mangakas, especially the authors. But ya know, the manga industry is lenient to costs so yeah...snother Kakushigoto: NO PARTY!? What da heck!?

Well, since it's a jab at "Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (or Your Lie in April)", it's Christmas (Shiwasu) and it's secrets to keep mum about it. Quite hilarious as the expectations grow the discords of reality.

Never thought that "Sensei" would be used as a derogatory term though...it can be both good and bad, depending on the person and outcome (that is if the people in your circle is as twisted in mind). And Tomaruin the joker, you just spoiled the party...but thank God for another though. To see the light of Father Goto see the radiance of Hime...that's a good one.

It's a good thing that Hime is exposed to a party...but remember, the act of being a mangaka first and foremost must be hidden to oblivion, and Tomaruin's act...EHHHH bro you never learn your ways, don't you??? And then again, Hime is so kidfully misguided, I really feel bad for her plaintiful innocence. But for her to get scouted (even popular than Goto-sensei) is just the icing on the cake. Who knows though of the future that leads the way though.

This episode might be Tomaruin's foray to be finally thrown some shade from Goto, but in all fairness, that's a give or take consdiering his "kindness".

Back in the present day though, Goto-sensei missing? How can that be? That can't be a lie...another cliffhangers that deepens the mystery.
KANLen09May 28, 2020 8:20 AM
May 28, 2020 8:21 AM

Jan 2014
Can we have more of Hime in the world? I say it every episode, but she's just super precious.
May 28, 2020 8:24 AM

Nov 2016
"Your Lie in December", here I was expecting the big feels.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 28, 2020 9:11 AM

Apr 2020
This anime makes me laugh for the whole episode and then makes me worry towards the end.

Someone need to punch Tomaruin in the face for once like seriously.

May 28, 2020 9:34 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
"That's a lie" so Kakushi Goto is still alive ? so much mysteries
May 28, 2020 10:31 AM

Jan 2019
Well... another great episode. as always.
Hime is super cute. as always.
The Editor was f*cking annoying. as always.

This episode's foreshadowing was shorter than the previous one but what had we got is more than some of the previous episode had.

NemozaZMay 28, 2020 10:35 AM
Holo no Graffiti is the best anime of all time... peko
May 28, 2020 11:19 AM

Jul 2017
Your Lie in December sounds like a cheap Chinese ripoff of ylia lolol

May 28, 2020 11:24 AM

Jul 2014
"Your lie in December" TF?
Hime is so god damn adorable! basically an ideal ver of a kid.
That being said, the editor really needs to get his ass whipped, there aint an ep where he doesnt fcking piss me off.
That aside.. stop with the fcking foreshadows! I wanna know if he's dead or not, this is putting me on edge.
May 28, 2020 11:24 AM

Jul 2013
Pretty hilarious episode, maybe the funniest so far. Even the sad scene at the end was shorter than usual.
Koji Kumeta has always employed self-deprecating comedy about his profession as a mangaka in his works, but I think this series is the peak of that kind of humour.
May 28, 2020 11:43 AM

Mar 2015
Boo, they did Nadila dirty.
May 28, 2020 12:43 PM

Mar 2019
Funny episode, Tomaruin is so dumb haha
That ending, I wonder what really happened to Goto
May 28, 2020 12:45 PM

Aug 2008
Meh, most of this episode sucked. Save for the motivation part, humour was falling flat all the time. Also, Hime is pretty annoying. It was funny when she got "deeerp" effect couple episodes back but whenever she appears on the screen you know the scen will be really dumb.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 28, 2020 1:19 PM

Feb 2015
I'd genuinely kill this editor. What an annoying piece of shit this guy is.

It's actually quite impressive how repulsive the author made him with out doing anything ridiculous.
May 28, 2020 1:20 PM

May 2019
Fun episode as usual.

The ending messed with my mind again but this time things seem more hopeful. I hope the mystery is solved in the next episode.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
May 28, 2020 1:36 PM
Jul 2013
The ending of each episode has me more and more curious 😭😭 what happened, I need to know 😤
May 28, 2020 2:03 PM

Mar 2017
That ending scene was too cryptic for my curious brain; I can't deal with the mystery anymore! It's given me more hope that Gotou is alive though

I don't think a characters name has ever suited them more than TomaRUIN's name; he is a walking calamity and a majority of the time, he is the source of all Gotou's problems hahaha
May 28, 2020 2:22 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
I thought the disco ball - chandelier - Cinderella conflation was pretty cute. It does seem more like something a kid younger than Hime would do, but we all have our moments. I get the feeling the Hime would actually be a good manga artist when she grows up, since those who always seem to be living in their own world are able to entertain you immensely when they crack the door open and show you that world.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
May 28, 2020 2:24 PM
Jul 2019
I don't get why people hate on Tomaruin so much. The dude is hilarious. Without him it wouldn't be the same.
May 28, 2020 2:30 PM

Feb 2019
What was that at the end
May 28, 2020 3:51 PM

Nov 2018
First off, I like how the episode is called "Your Lie in December" an obvious jab at Your Lie in April since their all trying to keep the secrets hidden from Hime. Also, at the end of the episode about Goto-sensei being missing and "that's a lie" is definitely telling us that Goto is still alive.

My new favorite line this season is "Manga artists are just lolicons", Goto-sensei spitting out the facts here. I love how Hime didn't know what a chandelier was and later she thought that the chandelier was called a cinderella lol.

The editor almost fucked everything up though and that would've been bad. I do wonder what happened to Kakushi Goto in the present day though. I hope we get more info on that next week in episode 10.

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

[/center]
May 28, 2020 4:50 PM

Oct 2010
I should be a mangaka
May 28, 2020 5:06 PM
Nov 2019
The book says who dissapeared, which means 2 things,1st- kakushi gotou died(i don't think death is counted as dissappearance)
2nd- he is alive somewhere(alone/hospital...)only friends know where he is
Hope it's the 2nd one
May 28, 2020 6:25 PM
Jun 2017
"all manga artists are lolicon"... hahaha
May 28, 2020 6:38 PM

Feb 2014
The episode began with Your lie in December. Thought it was finally time to break in the silence and what we got? All mangakas are lolicons?

vong10 said:

Tomaruin forgot that he invited her. XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

May 28, 2020 7:37 PM

Nov 2011
The best part of the episode is when Hime scoleded her father for Running when he told her he is not a Sensei! I laughed so hard because Hime just looked so angry.

Ami and Rasuna looking beautiful in this episode.

Finally an ending where I am not almost crying tears of sadness.

However I felt bad that my man was working at a book store. =/
SoraSenpaiMay 28, 2020 7:42 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 28, 2020 7:43 PM

Oct 2016
Overall great episode with a shorter timeskip scene at the end, hopefully next episode will finally reveal goto's state if he is dead or not.
May 28, 2020 8:35 PM

Jul 2016
Glad to see that the hate I feel towards Tomaruin isn't just mine. Honestly, seeing him getting scolded by Kakushi was kinda satisfying but I wish the other editors would have recognized him xD

So... it seems one of Kakushi's assistants, Shiji, didn't become a mangaka in the end, uh? I mean, not that working at a book store is bad but I now feel kinda bad for the guy.
May 28, 2020 8:48 PM
Apr 2018
Based on given screen time, RASUNA seems to be a candidate for .......
Well, i can't say for sure, since it's a SLICE OF LIFE genre & has no ROMANCE genre.
Also, there's manga still going on and we don't know much about the side characters from the anime.

It's just a guess & not every setting like this ends up with the marriage of WIDOWER.

BTW, i don't think KAKUSHI is dead yet ; and the anime is still enjoyable. "His Death" is just a rumour on web from the very first episode ; even if its true, i am still pleasant. But its still annoying to see "the ending is sad" on many posts. That's because people tend to draw conclusions from one episode, which is a sad reality for them. Well, let's see through the end.
Doutei-kunMay 28, 2020 9:04 PM
May 28, 2020 9:11 PM

Jan 2013
i was prepping myself as soon as i saw the episode title...turns out its just more of Tomaruin ruining everything again. he needs one solid punch to the face lol

you know something is up when the post-scene is not about teen Hime this time.

vong10 said:

damn, they really just left there huh
May 28, 2020 10:14 PM

Jan 2013
Another great episode, can't believe that he still manages to hide that he's a manga artist xD

Finally! We know a little more, so Gotou Sensei is listed as disappeared but his subordinate said he didn't, so wtf happened! And judging that guy changed jobs it means that something happened...
The more episodes i see the more i get worried about the ending scenes.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 28, 2020 10:58 PM

Oct 2008
another perfect hilarious episode!
lolz all of the assistants are so eager to go to the party!
lolz at the chocolate fountain made of tears!
The Kodansha party was cancelled but they have another different party from Chugakukan publishing! (originally Shogakukan)
lolz Tomaruin really targeting Nadila-san!
Hime almost found-out!
LOLZ the scouters of Hime might be LOLICONS! BWAHAHAHAH!
LOLZ Gotou sensei was wrecked!!!
so may hilarious moments!!!
5/5.

May 28, 2020 11:23 PM
Apr 2020
tomaruin is starting to annoy the hell outta me now lmao,,

rasuna looked really pretty in her yellow dress!!

WE NEED MORE ANSWERS FOR THE TIMESKIP!!!! i guess it was confirmed that kakushi isnt dead?? im not sure, but pretty excited for whats to come :)

also,, was there a subtle hint to your lie in april at the start with the "your lie in december" title?? hmmm...

May 29, 2020 12:28 AM

Oct 2017
They caught me off guard with the touch and your lie in april references this episode, but it was a nice touch.
May 29, 2020 1:34 AM
Nov 2019
Loved that Hime was scouted and got more business cards than her dad - Highlights of the show were “All mangaka are lolicons” and Hime scolding her dad for running after he told her he wasn't a Sensei.

So one of Goto's assistants is now working in a bookstore - so did Tomaruin ruin the company or did it close after whatever happened to Goto?

The book title was "mangaka's that went missing" - so his mangaka persona disappeared, does that mean Hime found out and he quit or that he died and to keep his secret they pretended he was a salary-man?

3 Ep. to go - I hope they don't make us hang on for an OVA to find out what happens - that would be too cruel.
May 29, 2020 3:27 AM

Dec 2018
This episode was fun to watch like all the other episodes but now we are getting into the serious stuff little by little, I really hope there's gonna be a good ending.
May 29, 2020 4:45 AM

Apr 2011
KANLen09 said:
Well, since it's a jab at "Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (or Your Lie in April)", it's Christmas (Shiwasu) and it's secrets to keep mum about it. Quite hilarious as the expectations grow the discords of reality.
FMmatron said:
"Your Lie in December", here I was expecting the big feels.
Short_Circut said:
Your Lie in December sounds like a cheap Chinese ripoff of ylia lolol
-Stray said:
"Your lie in December" TF?
Kyle_Kirchner said:
First off, I like how the episode is called "Your Lie in December" an obvious jab at Your Lie in April since their all trying to keep the secrets hidden from Hime.
dasprn said:
The episode began with Your lie in December. Thought it was finally time to break in the silence and what we got? All mangakas are lolicons?
dannymilk said:
i was prepping myself as soon as i saw the episode title...turns out its just more of Tomaruin ruining everything again. he needs one solid punch to the face lol
sugamumma said:
also,, was there a subtle hint to your lie in april at the start with the "your lie in december" title?? hmmm...
-SP- said:
They caught me off guard with the touch and your lie in april references this episode, but it was a nice touch.

That's not it at all:
yhunata said:
All the chapter names are references to other manga/anime. Just to name a few:
Chapter 61 - Yu*Yu*Akusho
Chapter 57 - Kansatsu Kyoushitsu
Chapter 53 - Kuroko no Tasuke
Chapter 90 - Yakusoku no Retriever Land
Chapter 95 - Nisete Koi
and so on.

The names don't have anything to do with the content, really. They're just punny references to other manga.
yhunataMay 29, 2020 4:49 AM
May 29, 2020 6:18 AM

Nov 2017
My favorite episode so far! Man I love Tomaruin quite the underrated character. feelsgud to have a laugh again

plz @ me
May 29, 2020 6:31 AM

Jul 2017
yhunata said:
Chapter 95 - Nisete Koi
and so on.

The names don't have anything to do with the content, really. They're just punny references to other manga.
Yessir, manga reader here, and already know the various puns for chapter titles. BTW, this episode already went past the English translations.
May 29, 2020 6:35 AM
May 2018
I'm seeing everyone's hate to Tomaruin but somehow I still love him.

The last scene where Shiji just stares straight ahead and says 'That's a lie' was creepy af. Also, I wonder if he opened the bookstore himself or if his family passed it down to him.

Tomaruin: Last year we lost Goto-sensei to a tragic incident
Goto: Quit telling everyone I'm dead!
Tomaruin: Sometimes I can still hear his voice...

I'm still convinced he's dead though.
May 29, 2020 7:18 AM

Apr 2011
KANLen09 said:
yhunata said:
Chapter 95 - Nisete Koi
and so on.

Yessir, manga reader here, and already know the various puns for chapter titles. BTW, this episode already went past the English translations.

Has it? It's been a while and I've been reading a lot of other stuff, so I can't remember all too well.
May 29, 2020 1:55 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Gotou past really amazing. The lifes of Mangaka in the end of the year surely hard enough to get pass. Fortunately, kawaii Hime always be there to give you some encouragement sensei! The party scenes were hilarious too. Tomaruin always ruin everything, lol, i would really kill him, if he a real person on my life. Fortunately for him, tho, Gotou such a kind person that never goes crazy like hell to people he believes.

This is some of the best episode. Using a plainness of young Hime was also good to give more satisfaction to the interaction between Gotou and his daughter. Such a heart-warming episode, as always comes from Kakushigoto. So, for the next episode, can i know the real reason why Gotou gone? And why his part really show a deep sadness to Hime? The mystery get its peak, and the drama always comes to its finishing. Can not wait all of that!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 29, 2020 8:19 PM

Feb 2019
Manga Artists Who Disappeared? That's a lie? The mysteries keep piling up. I'm dying to know if Goto is alive or not in the present or if something's happened to him...
May 30, 2020 4:36 AM

Oct 2017
"Your Lie in December" Kakushi Gotou listed as missing in that book in the future scene and then Shiji says it's a lie. Argh I wonder if Gotou is alive or not.

Pretty fun episode and Tomaruin is seriously annoying.
May 30, 2020 6:45 AM
Jul 2018
Again a great episode. "That's a lie"... Now I'm confused lol. Does that mean Goto-sensei is alive? Hmm, tbh I'm still not sure if he's actually dead or not. But I really hope he's not.
May 30, 2020 6:56 AM
Jun 2019
This episode was as always funny.
Every episode the plot intensifies, I'm so worried about Kakushi.
I hope he's fine.
May 30, 2020 7:15 AM

Jun 2013
Where was Nadila throughout the rest of the episode? Did they leave her at the karaoke place? :(

Okay after seeing that last bit, I'm guessing Goto is not dead but in hiding. Using a new pen name.
臭い-
May 30, 2020 8:24 AM

May 2018
So he's missing? At least better than dead. If he's truly dead then there will be public announcement but since he's declare as missing,then there's still hope. Maybe he's in coma.
May 30, 2020 8:34 AM

May 2015
WHY CEO LEFT NADILA? THAT BASTARD!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 18, 2020

270 by CaseDiagram »»
Feb 18, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

226 by removed-user »»
Sep 4, 2023 10:22 AM

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ashhk - May 21, 2020

93 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 2, 2023 5:28 AM

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2020

111 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 1, 2023 2:46 PM

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Marinate1016 - Jun 11, 2020

89 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 23, 2023 11:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.