Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 9, 2020 5:09 PM

Feb 2018
Nina Tucker memes, Boku no Pico memes, Corey in the House memes, Shrek, memes, ect.

I love me some anime memes, I mean, who doesn't, right...?! But, there at just some memes that need to retire and aren't funny anymore. I've been a weeb since 2013 which is about the time that some of these memes started to get big and all that and honestly, they're kind of unoriginal and boring. I don't know why people keep on using these to troll people and all that. I get it if you're new to anime and these are funny to you for a bit since you're just now encountering them but for the more older and veteran fans, please, give it a rest.

Does anyone else agree or...?!

EDIT: Yes, I do ignore the memes. I was just curious is all about whether or not others agreed with me, lmfao.
Fangrl143Mar 9, 2020 8:28 PM
Webtoons, anime, & manga fuel my soul
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 9, 2020 5:11 PM

Jul 2019
Some people like them, just let them be. I personally don't like memes in general, it usually is low-brow humour and I hate the fact I used to waste a lot of my time on them.
Mar 9, 2020 5:14 PM

Oct 2012
The fact that cory in the house became an anime meme will always be funny to me but yeah I mean 7 year old memes will basically always lose all comedic value. I think most of the people who still make these jokes are young and havent been as over exposed to them
Mar 9, 2020 5:16 PM

Oct 2010
the fbi memes are more annoying too me, when I see a really bad meme that makes me sick I use the joke: last time I heard that I was walking my dinosaur
Mar 9, 2020 5:18 PM

Oct 2018
Nina joke has an awful history on twitter, the exact same tweet gets made every week by anime accounts to get clout that people started saying fmab fans have only one joke for over a decade lol, for real though they really do seems to have only one joke because they want their likes and retweets.
Ri22rkMar 9, 2020 5:34 PM
Mar 9, 2020 5:27 PM

Jul 2017
I can still put up with them lol

Nina memes are always too soon tho :'(

Mar 9, 2020 5:27 PM

Oct 2019
if you don't like them then just...ignore them.
I'm a fan of these memes and personally shrek is my saviour.
80% of memes I found are unfunny and unoriginal but the 20% is actually quality memes.
Mar 9, 2020 5:37 PM

Aug 2018
Catalano said:
the fbi memes are more annoying too me, when I see a really bad meme that makes me sick I use the joke: last time I heard that I was walking my dinosaur

FBI memes are the worst. Half of the time you can just tell it's anxious dorks who can't come to grips with what they're feeling
Mar 9, 2020 5:40 PM

Dec 2016
You know you could just not look up those memes desu

한 번만 살지만 제대로 하면 한 번이면 충분해요
Mar 9, 2020 5:45 PM

Jan 2013
It's annoying but it'll never stop, there'll always be new weebs who discover the most overused memes for the first time and then repost them everywhere thinking it's the funniest shit ever.
Mar 9, 2020 5:45 PM

May 2016
Yup. The worst is when people say ok boomer than think they destroyed the person. Gives me aids
Mar 9, 2020 6:06 PM

Oct 2012
You know you have an internet addiction when you're "sick of memes" as if you can't just scroll past them or step away from the screen.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 9, 2020 6:25 PM

Aug 2018
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
Yup. The worst is when people say ok boomer than think they destroyed the person. Gives me aids

No matter your actual age, you'll be hit with ok boomer if you say anything remotely out of step with current year woke social justice politics.
Mar 9, 2020 6:32 PM

Oct 2012
epidemia78 said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
No matter your actual age, you'll be hit with ok boomer if you say anything remotely out of step with current year woke social justice politics.
Which is ironic, since there's nothing woke about ageism. It's like if I made fun of a white guy that has a small penis by calling him "chink", somehow that makes it less racist.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 9, 2020 6:40 PM
Jul 2018
I agree. As humans, we are cognitively lazy. Sometimes, what appeals to us the most tend to be things that require the least amount of thinking. Like, I think when certain people see a meme, their amused reaction to it is kind of similar to how in 90s sitcoms, people laughed when the laughing track played. There is, I think, a type of appeal, to being told to laugh.
Just to clarify; I'm not trying to attack anyone who enjoys memes. If you enjoy them, good for you. I'm just trying to explain why they appeal to people.
Although I'm not a psychologist, so don't cite me.
Mar 9, 2020 6:43 PM
Jun 2016
Kyōikumama. It means mothers who are obsessed with their kids’ education. I understand that education is important. But, this is too much.
Mar 9, 2020 6:50 PM

Sep 2018
kaiju1990 said:
Kyōikumama. It means mothers who are obsessed with their kids’ education. I understand that education is important. But, this is too much.

does this apply to fathers as well?!
i don't have a kid but im obsessed with education for everyone in terms of making it fun to do rather than a slog to get through.
nvm, just noticed the "mama" at the end... wait, why is it not "Kyōiku-oka-san"?!
Mar 9, 2020 7:10 PM

Feb 2018
Attackonfiller said:

Her death in my opinion wasn't that bad. I've seen far worse and I mean FAR worse.
Webtoons, anime, & manga fuel my soul
Mar 9, 2020 7:11 PM
Jan 2012
As long as people still get mad about Nina memes they'll always have a special place in my cold black heart, but for the others I agree. Humor evolves, can't just be using the same jokes you made a decade ago, they just don't work anymore. Most of these were fun because of how odd and shocking they could be, but that's obviously not gonna work anymore because we're all used to it by now. If you're making the jokes to please yourself then more power to you, but if you're doing it to make others laugh you should definitely start learning some new shit.
Mar 9, 2020 7:13 PM

Jul 2017
DatMeganeGrl said:
Attackonfiller said:

Her death in my opinion wasn't that bad. I've seen far worse and I mean FAR worse.

I've also seen a hell of a lot more worse, but she was just too innocent lol

Mar 9, 2020 7:27 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Hell no, I get more tired of seeing "ok boomer" than seeing Cory in the House memes.
Keep the Cory and A Cruel Angel's Thesis memes coming, guys!
Fario-PMar 9, 2020 8:35 PM
Mar 9, 2020 8:07 PM

May 2009
@Fario-P at least Cruel Angel's Thesis is a legit pretty awesome song.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Mar 9, 2020 8:16 PM

Aug 2015
That's crazy, pal, but I must have Alzheimer's, because I don't remember asking.
Mar 9, 2020 8:31 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
GlennMagusHarvey said:
@Fario-P at least Cruel Angel's Thesis is a legit pretty awesome song.

hard agree, it's part of the reason why i can't stop watching opening memes with the song in it xD
Mar 9, 2020 8:48 PM

Jul 2014
ExodiaX said:
Nina joke has an awful history on twitter, the exact same tweet gets made every week by anime accounts to get clout that people started saying fmab fans have only one joke for over a decade lol, for real though they really do seems to have only one joke because they want their likes and retweets.

What's the joke that keeps getting used?
Mar 9, 2020 9:27 PM
Jul 2018
I’ve never actually heard about Nina Tucker meme and I vaguely know the others you mentioned. So I guess I don’t care?

But I do like anime “memes” like these
Mar 9, 2020 9:44 PM
Jul 2018
I am greatly sick of :

2. People comparing Death Note to Code Geass.
3. Rem vs Emilia wars.
4. Chitoge vs Onodera wars.
5. Best waifu or best girl debate in a harem or a all-female characters anime like GochiUsa.

Even so, i still have some guilty pleasure such as :
removed-userMar 9, 2020 9:51 PM
Mar 9, 2020 9:54 PM

Nov 2011
Not as bad as normie Jojo memes. Nobody who watches Jojo would still make those meme.

Mar 9, 2020 10:01 PM

Nov 2009
Yeah, and I've been a weeb since the 90s and I still think Nina Tucker jokes are funny (and always too soon).

^I even own that t-shirt.

Like, sure I can get tired of a joke if told the same way every time. A lot of memes put a fresh spin on the joke, though. The punchline is still the same, but the delivery keeps it funny for me.

On the other hand, I never thought Shrek memes were funny, but I never even liked Shrek.

Some people need new jokes, some people like old jokes, and some people enjoy a good mix of the two. Replace "jokes" with anime, movies, music, or anything else. Everyone has their own tastes, and I don't understand the point in complaining about it. When I see a meme I don't find funny, I just keep scrolling.
Mar 9, 2020 10:10 PM

Mar 2019
Catalano said:

The FBI memes really are getting annoying.

Then again, I'm not really much of a fan of meme culture in general. Some people's sense of humor seems to revolve around referencing memes they saw online and I just find that people are using them to cover up a lack of imagination and original humor.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2020 10:23 PM

Dec 2008
Memes, the DNA of the soul.

Mar 9, 2020 10:55 PM

Jul 2019
Yea I don't get why people shit on Boku no Pico so much. It's literally just gay hentai but that one gets made fun of the most. There are other yaoi or BL hentai out there with shotas and traps. And, most people make fun of it without even watching a single episode of it. Like shut up, you're not funny
Mar 9, 2020 11:12 PM

Mar 2015
I'm curious to know why didn't you mention the JoJo's ones when they're the most obnoxious out there.
Mar 9, 2020 11:46 PM

Jul 2016
MFQXE330 said:
I'm curious to know why didn't you mention the JoJo's ones when they're the most obnoxious out there.

The Jojo ones are so in your face that you can't possibly escape it no matter where you are on the Internet.
Mar 10, 2020 12:02 AM

Mar 2015
Missaliensan said:
MFQXE330 said:

The Jojo ones are so in your face that you can't possibly escape it no matter where you are on the Internet.

It wouldn't be a problem if they weren't so forced. But well, you can't always have what you want.
Mar 10, 2020 12:05 AM
Feb 2020
Harem, fanservice, trash isekai and power of friendship settings.
Mar 10, 2020 12:27 AM

Jan 2018
I never get sick of memes, unless you're the one creating memes for the community?
Mar 10, 2020 12:31 AM

Jul 2017
Catalano said:

I second this
I'm sick of FBI memes each time a loli appears on screen. They are just repetitive and boring, and aren't funny anymore.
Mar 10, 2020 12:57 AM

Jun 2017
ya'll get annoyed pretty easily lol, i just skim over it like 'yea more of that ofc"

what's old to me, is probably newer to other people. so at least they're enjoying it

that said, i haven't seen that many nina memes so i do enjoy them lol
Mar 10, 2020 1:00 AM

Dec 2008
How about “Full of shit”? Is that a meme?

Mar 10, 2020 1:40 AM

Mar 2015
Still better than Kakyoin MILF hunter memes.
Mar 10, 2020 1:50 AM

Apr 2019
I don't get sick of memes. I just ignore it.
Mar 10, 2020 2:23 AM

Oct 2016
Everyone in the anime community treating people who loves SAO and having a it as favorite treated as an outcast and dumb people and being a cause of flamewar everytime it is mentioned. Many fans know its flaws and respects other opinions regarding it.

text text text text text text text text text
Mar 10, 2020 4:18 AM

Oct 2015
Catalano said:

FBI memes make me lose my will to live bit by bit. "Hahaha hey loli! Haha I bet you wanna fuck huh? Haha u bad FBI come."

You either had to have joined the community yesterday or be the most boring person ever to enjoy it still.
Mar 10, 2020 5:11 AM

Feb 2015
Most anime accounts on Twitter have seen 10 anime at max, so it makes sense they repeat the same shit every week.
Mar 10, 2020 8:35 AM

Feb 2010
I hate 95% of all memes (anime or not) and definitely hate the whole sarcasm culture behind it, but that's why I never look at them and only really encounter them against my will when people spam them here on MAL which they fortunately do less than one might think.

Prepare for some memes to never die. Unoriginality is rampant on the internet and everyone wants to feel funny by putting in no effort and just repeating something that someone laughed at 10 years ago. That's the just the time we live in and the species we belong to.

Since 2013 is nothing, I've had to deal with the same exact boring and unfunny FBI memes in every single conversation that even touches the topic of lolis, or even under every single loli doujin, since as long as I can remember. I feel like it's a virus that eats people's brains and turns them into mindless zombies who can only communicate by copy & pasting old memes that weren't even funny to begin with. No other meme can be remotely as old, repetitive and unfunny combined. It's the true OG of uninspired unoriginality.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 10, 2020 9:34 AM

May 2009
I don't like anime memes either, generally. Some are fun but many just seem to be about emphasizing not taking something seriously, which is particularly grating when I want to take a story seriously.

Pullman said:
Since 2013 is nothing, I've had to deal with the same exact boring and unfunny FBI memes in every single conversation that even touches the topic of lolis, or even under every single loli doujin, since as long as I can remember. I feel like it's a virus that eats people's brains and turns them into mindless zombies who can only communicate by copy & pasting old memes that weren't even funny to begin with. No other meme can be remotely as old, repetitive and unfunny combined. It's the true OG of uninspired unoriginality.
I think the bigger problem is the attitude with which people are approaching the conversation.

On a place like this MAL forum here, there's just so much traffic in and out and people see it as a place where they can just stop by, make some sort of remark casually, then laugh about it and walk out. The worst part is that attempting to actually seriously ask people to not do this is more likely to get oneself made fun of for looking desperate.

On the other hand, if you have a tighter-knit community or a community whose prevalent tone is to discuss things seriously, you're less likely to have people spouting memes in reaction to things. Part of what makes a tighter-knit community meme less is because memes are social instruments that can wear out their welcome, even for the people who use them -- and the smaller the social space, the more the meme keeps bouncing past the same people and the faster they get sick of it and move onto something else. And if you have someone dedicated enough to make substantive posts despite the memes, you can actually get people to stay long enough to have a substantive discussion.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Mar 10, 2020 9:35 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
FBI memes are just a symptom of the anime fandom being populated by people who all make the exact same joke without realizing they're all making the exact same joke. Look at the harem end thread for further proof of this.

But yeah, complete fuckin' plague all the same.

Mar 11, 2020 11:22 AM

Oct 2012
Manaban said:
FBI memes are just a symptom of the anime fandom being populated by people who all make the exact same joke without realizing they're all making the exact same joke. Look at the harem end thread for further proof of this.

Honestly arent all fandoms like that tho? Just people making the same jokes endlessly...
Mar 11, 2020 11:25 AM
Apr 2016
This is a platform predominantly catering to the Americans (largest visiting group/target audience/income source). All these "memes" are a product of the American culture (more precisely, due to the lack of any culture altogether). As such, there is not way to evade them as long as education and civilized conduct are neither viewed as virtues nor supported by the society in the U.S.A.

Suffering together we will be.
Chromephone said:
Manaban said:

Honestly arent all fandoms like that tho? Just people making the same jokes endlessly...

You might be right. I have not been to many such communities. However, a healthy one would be different. The question is if it exists.
Re:formed
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Incomplete Anime

him5012 - May 12

12 by FanofAction »»
4 minutes ago

» Do you want anime in 4k(or in 8k)

Makoto_Yuri - Jan 25, 2022

45 by Zarutaku »»
7 minutes ago

» Something happened to the global mean score last week?

IKKIsama - 7 hours ago

3 by Phantomnocomics »»
10 minutes ago

» Score Inflation

Lucifrost - 1 hour ago

11 by Nirinbo »»
14 minutes ago

» Is the concept of a villain stupid?

Anjuro - 5 hours ago

21 by Rhae »»
31 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.