Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 12, 10:21 AM
May 2021
I wnder why there's too many good animes are incomplete. It makes me very dissapointed. Why did not the studio continue the anime??
May 12, 10:24 AM

Jan 2009
its not profitable anymore so they cancelled more seasons
May 12, 10:28 AM

Sep 2016
Because they want people to buy the manga for more profit.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 12, 12:51 PM

Jun 2020
Reply to Zarutaku
Because they want people to buy the manga for more profit.
@Zarutaku Ironic, seeing that a lot of popular manga are incomplete/on hold/publishing with no clear end in sight. You are kinda screwed ether way with incomplete stories, no matter what format they are in....unless the journey was enjoyable enough to warrant experiencing inspite of the lack of destination conclusion.

"Don't let your memes be dreams."- Ancient Japanese proverb, probably
May 12, 5:26 PM

Jul 2013
>Why did not the studio continue the anime??

Probably due to the lack of funding...
May 13, 4:48 AM
Community Mod
+ Manga DB Staff

Feb 2017
Thread moved from the Casual Discussion board to the Anime Discussion board.
May 13, 4:51 AM

Mar 2023
Did not sell enough blu-rays. So no point of spending money on it.
May 13, 5:37 AM

Nov 2023
Because the blue ray or whatever copies don't sell enough
May 14, 8:37 AM
May 2021
Reply to deg
its not profitable anymore so they cancelled more seasons
@deg how anime like grand blue, noragami isn't profitable. I think they're quite good.
May 14, 8:58 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to him5012
@deg how anime like grand blue, noragami isn't profitable. I think they're quite good.
@him5012 good doesn't equal sales. In the plethora of contents that is anime being good is not enough to guarantee sales which would help produce seasons.
May 14, 9:10 AM

Jan 2017
him5012 said:
I wnder why there's too many good animes are incomplete. It makes me very dissapointed. Why did not the studio continue the anime??

There is plenty of reasons, but to the core, that's just because of what the industry of Anime is, for the most part; a giant ads for the source material.

him5012 said:
how anime like grand blue, noragami isn't profitable. I think they're quite good.

On top of what the user above said, you also have to take into account the situation of the producers, especially the publisher of the source material.

When there is not too much material left to adapt at that time, why would they pay (or allow someone to) to continue the adaptation, and having high chances to get lower sales for the Volumes adapted ? If the work is in its endgame, why would they risk lowering its hype and therefore sales, with a new season ? Such questions plays a huge part in what gets a continuation or not.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
May 14, 12:40 PM

Jul 2016
At the end of the day making anime is still a business, though there are lots of popular anime which I feel would still be profitable to continue alas.
May 14, 12:55 PM

Oct 2013
(insert Mr. Krabs money meme here.)
May 15, 5:48 AM

Nov 2015
him5012 said:
Why did not the studio continue the anime??

It’s not a requirement. If it’s based off a manga you can just read ahead to find out. Mangaka’s need their manga to sell.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
May 15, 7:38 AM

Nov 2019
Incomplete anime, just not enough money to fund, shit so they cancelled, or just lost that bitch in a fire
I am a COMPLETIONIST. Aiming to finish AS MANY ANIME as possible before DEATH, Despite them being SATISFACTORY or if they are BORING.

I WATCH THE LOWEST SCORED/RATED/RANKED ANIMES ON MAL (OR you can CALL THEM The WORST animes in the WORLD - No Joke Like Seriously)

No anime has actually satisfied my anime taste, That I can call a MasterPiece (10/10), still searching... hopefully one day I will find that show and obsess over it till I die.
RULE NO.4 I MUST WATCH ALL CONTENT FOR THE SERIES I HAVE FINISHED, NOW THIS ONE IS QUITE EXHILARATING.
May 15, 1:28 PM

Jan 2021
I hate that there are so many unfinished anime

but at the end of the day purpose of anime is to promote manga and make money sadly

More topics from this board

» Name 1 or 2 characters you've seen that have the best thighs/ass

IpreferEcchi - May 24

16 by Archean-Return »»
1 minute ago

» Seeking Feedback from Female Anime Fans: Creating an Inclusive Environment in Our Club

devil2 - 7 hours ago

13 by devil2 »»
13 minutes ago

» Anime based on Toys

FuunsaikiStar - May 22

17 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
14 minutes ago

» Who are the "Four Beauties" of Anime?

Catalano - 4 hours ago

10 by MinakoBestGirl »»
22 minutes ago

» Are there any characters which you wanted to see more but were killed early, forgotten or the anime itself was too short?

Shizuna - 1 hour ago

7 by ToG25thBaam »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.