Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2020 4:38 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The swimsuit, camera, and somehow, panties....

This episode sure got weird fast. An I mean, these girls didn't even need to go far to create an adventure from their own home lol. Also really cute illustration card this week:
Stark700Feb 27, 2020 5:30 AM
Feb 27, 2020 5:19 AM

Apr 2010
Shigure being down was interesting seeing how the girls worked hard for her.
And the managed to make her happy again in the end tho the all had to swim for it.

Shigure working in the store was funny as well she was trying so hard.
Feb 27, 2020 5:39 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Cool to see more of Shigure, she was really the cutest girl with the maid outfit and cat ears
Feb 27, 2020 6:00 AM

Dec 2018
The Yuri bait continues!! The sister wants the brother,,, I have never been more grossed out by anything in my life!!!

I admit I find it a bit cute when the cats went for her on the cliff!! But again this is just a big Yuri bait from Japan and Im not biting 1/10

Feb 27, 2020 6:22 AM

Aug 2013
So we have an episode focused on Shigure. The cats tried their best to cheer her up but she was only suffering from acute cat deprivation.

Cute end card.

Feb 27, 2020 6:58 AM
May 2018
Look like cinnamon very limited vocab.
Feb 27, 2020 8:10 AM

Apr 2017
Really happy to see an episode focusing on Shigure. Admittedly, I initially suspected she just missed Kashou, but to go this far due to chronic cat deprivation? I... can kind of relate.

It was heartwarming seeing everyone try and cheer Shigure up, not to mention just how much Shigure's catgirls care for her.
Feb 27, 2020 10:00 AM

Aug 2012
Shigure looks rly cute with cat ears.
Feb 27, 2020 12:38 PM

Apr 2012
Did Shigure just jerk it to her cats pics? Wow.
Feb 27, 2020 1:18 PM

Feb 2014
Shigure looks really cute when she's wearing cat ears and a cat tail. =3

This episode had Shigure as the main focus and like the other cat girls, I wasn't really sure what was the main reason for Shigure feeling down. It was amusing to see the cat girls worked together to try and cheer up Shigure, from cooking a feast of a meal or having Shigure work as her brother's cafe as well as having some alone time with him.

However, the main reason for her feeling down was because of the weather. Because it was Summer, the cat girls tend to sleep elsewhere in the house to keep as cool as possible. I can relate to this in a way, as my 4 cats that my parents own tend to sleep more often downstairs during the night and outside in the garden during the day. ^_^

This was a nice episode overall and the ED card this time by Hiten shows off how cute Shigure looks when she wears her kimono. =)
Feb 27, 2020 1:24 PM

Jun 2017
EratiK said:

Just rewatched that scene and holy shit she really did it lmao. She never really did straight up lewd things in the visual novels so...just wow. I approve of this original addition lolz!
Feb 27, 2020 1:58 PM

Apr 2014
Shigure was so cute as a kitty maid. She should wear that costume more often, not just her kimono.

Feb 27, 2020 2:16 PM
Jul 2018
That flashback scenes from shigure and kashou made my day.:3
Feb 27, 2020 2:38 PM

Feb 2019
Convo threads died down for this from the original several hundred..

"Let's all get moist together" I love this show. It's not the deepest or most thought provoking, but it's genuinely fun and a nice way to relax and end the week. Sort of like a more lewd Senko San. It also teaches me new ways to get moist, like using a vacuum cleaner! 10/10 for me. Should definitely have a higher MAL score.
Feb 27, 2020 2:39 PM

Jul 2017
This episode certainly is all about Shigure, her usual antics far from the norm that's as expected.

I'll admit she's been working hard, TOO hard for her to space out all of a sudden. As much as the nekogirls help her to get back into shape, nothing seems to be working, as much as her brocon fetish for Kashou is concerned.

With that, the nekogirls offer her work at La Soleil...to even more disastrous results, to the point that even Kashou is expensed at the their request to help Shigure. But cat-ear Shigure is nice too.

EratiK said:
Oh my, that was a scene of glorious nature.

All it came down to, was that she didn't had enough cat "warmth" deprivation leading to her wavering self-consciousness.

Nice episode, and a good one too at that!
Feb 27, 2020 3:17 PM

Apr 2015
The efforts these cat-girls put into cheering up Shigure was outstanding, they really did their best! Shigure is really cute in the shop's uniform and the cat ears, but damn she was stiffer than the chairs the customers were sitting on. That's a shut in for you XD

Glad to see Shigure doing better again, I want 4 cat girls sleeping around me like that... what a bliss!!
Feb 27, 2020 6:35 PM

Dec 2014
It was adorable watching the cats try to cheer up Shigure, they really care.
Shigure in restaurant uniform with cat years is a big win.

The ending was funny. xD
Feb 27, 2020 6:40 PM

Jan 2016
Hmm that was unexpectedly dramatic xD Shigure with cat ears was adorable :3
THANKS SENPIEX
Feb 28, 2020 6:54 AM

Aug 2012
Wow, what's with the ratings of this episode?

That's the first time I've seen more Dislikes than Likes. Granted, it's still early and there ought to be more votes coming in later.
Feb 28, 2020 7:58 AM

Oct 2008
hey Cinnamon you horny little cat always gets moist from the simplest things! lolz!

Feb 28, 2020 8:11 AM

May 2018
Is it really that easy to get moist?
Feb 29, 2020 5:25 AM

Oct 2017
This was sweet and funny. Shigure looked really cute with cat ears.
Feb 29, 2020 10:27 AM

May 2010
I'd hope for a Shigure-centered episode to flesh her out as a person. Instead, it made her even more of a quirky comedy character.
Big meh.
Feb 29, 2020 2:27 PM
Feb 2020
I threw up like my cat this anime is awful too much girls for me
Feb 29, 2020 3:30 PM

Nov 2013
truesord24 said:
Wow, what's with the ratings of this episode?

That's the first time I've seen more Dislikes than Likes. Granted, it's still early and there ought to be more votes coming in later.

tbh i feel like this was probably my least favorite episode (including ovas) of nekopara, so i understand those ratings,
shigure was worse than dead inside lmao literally a full day without even noticing people talk to her...like what?

Yuri-Crusader said:
The Yuri bait continues!! The sister wants the brother,,, I have never been more grossed out by anything in my life!!!

I admit I find it a bit cute when the cats went for her on the cliff!! But again this is just a big Yuri bait from Japan and Im not biting 1/10

ok i guess you were right this time :v i didn't expect the sister to be like this on the anime haha
winddevil1Feb 29, 2020 3:35 PM
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 1, 2020 7:52 AM

May 2018
Somebody willing to explain me how could you survive a fall from a cliff like this:

Just when I thought this anime couldn't be more "realistic".
Mar 2, 2020 11:12 AM

Dec 2014
huh, so Shigure kept her "bro-con" trait after all in this show. I didn't see anything before these episodes that hinted that
Mar 2, 2020 11:39 AM

May 2018
LeMasta said:
huh, so Shigure kept her "bro-con" trait after all in this show. I didn't see anything before these episodes that hinted that

Yeah, although it was nothing but a few flashbacks and Kashou is still a mere space occupier, not even a supporting character anymore. That's disappointing.
Mar 2, 2020 8:09 PM

Nov 2009
so....

anyone ever got depression cause your cat doesn't sleep with you anymore?

lol... spend every day with Nekos, but gets depression cause they decide to sleep in cooler places... I think Shigure has a cat addiction issue... well that's also hinted in this episode with her being pervy all day every day when the Nekos was talking about growing up and Shiguire taking pervy pics and uploading it onto her blog...
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 4, 2020 5:30 PM

Aug 2018
Wonderful episode, that Cat Withdrawal Syndrome sounds pretty serious. Lol
Mar 4, 2020 11:02 PM

Jul 2016
Guess I was expecting too much when I thought Shigure would received some proper character depth...

Anyways, average episode for me. It was nice having Shigure as the focus but in the end, her character didn't bring anything new to the series in terms of comedy, story progression or characters interaction.
Mar 5, 2020 12:26 AM

May 2018
SouthRzVa said:
Guess I was expecting too much when I thought Shigure would received some proper character depth...

Anyways, average episode for me. It was nice having Shigure as the focus but in the end, her character didn't bring anything new to the series in terms of comedy, story progression or characters interaction.

Both Shigure and Kashou are Humans and humans are worthless in this anime.
Mar 5, 2020 8:57 AM

Jul 2016
Vlakom said:
SouthRzVa said:

Both Shigure and Kashou are Humans and humans are worthless in this anime.

Your displeasure with this adaptation is quite notorious, mate.
Mar 5, 2020 9:44 AM

May 2018
SouthRzVa said:

Do you disagree, fella? My quote was aligned with yours.
Mar 5, 2020 9:39 PM

Jul 2016
Vlakom said:
SouthRzVa said:

Do you disagree, fella? My quote was aligned with yours.

Meh, it's an average series for me. Not really boring but quite generic in terms of moe shows. You seem quite disappointed with it tho.
Mar 6, 2020 2:06 AM

May 2018
SouthRzVa said:
Meh, it's an average series for me. Not really boring but quite generic in terms of moe shows. You seem quite disappointed with it tho.

Yes I am, can you blame for that? Nekopara is much more than sheer moe and this adaptation is an offense to anyone who played the games and expected the anime to maintain its essence. If you havent played the VN and watch the anime you will probably be fine with it since the absence of romance/harem and the change of voices doesnt affect you but to someone who followed the series from before... well, just like you said dude, it's pretty disappointing.
Mar 7, 2020 3:38 AM

Oct 2007
literally the worst episode in the show. not much more to say.
Mar 8, 2020 2:26 PM

Jun 2019
Cinnamon has to be my least favorite character in this show. I was tired of her just having an orgasm every time shes on screen by the second episode and by this point its just annoying.
May 3, 2020 2:11 AM

Jul 2015
I don't know if those catgirls should be happy to have Shigure as master or if they should call the police on this catgirl obsessed girl

Mar 2, 2021 11:02 AM
Feb 2021
EratiK said:
THANK YOU! Was looking to see if someone else pointed it out. I'm usually not too weirded out by stuff in anime, but that was a bit odd for me. I'm gonna assume it was to the adult cat pics lol. I know she loved her big bro a lot but never read the NVs, but damn based on the previous episodes, I didn't think they'd go that wild lol. Forsure just a filler episode for me. I can see people loving this episode if they like Shigure though. It has an interesting plot I guess, but personally, I just am not fond of the character.
Mar 2, 2021 11:05 AM
Feb 2021
Reapermask said:
I don't know if those catgirls should be happy to have Shigure as master or if they should call the police on this catgirl obsessed girl
I'm thinking they should call the police on the catgirl obsessed girl. She kind of- wait she really takes it too far sometimes. I know its part of the visual novels too though, but the anime is a new plot, they could of toned down the creepiness a tad in my opinion. I haven't read the vn's though so idk. i just don't like Shigure very much. lol
Mar 2, 2021 11:06 AM
Feb 2021
diablo050189 said:
Cinnamon has to be my least favorite character in this show. I was tired of her just having an orgasm every time shes on screen by the second episode and by this point its just annoying.
I agree. Her and Shigure have to be my least favorite.
Feb 15, 2022 11:22 AM

Apr 2013
She was so down from that, she didn't even notice sucking in that tail from her "cat"? That sounds like a dangerous addiction lol
Jul 1, 2022 10:37 AM

Sep 2012
she is procon and cat girl obsessed girl lol

i was reading ppls posts redit and wiki seems that Kashou has sex with hes 2 cute cat girls, maybe in series it happens off screen or it hasn't reach that part, in human time they are 9mobhs old but they don't act like 9month olds :D
Dec 9, 2023 8:54 PM

Nov 2023
Oh wow, very nice camer angles in my opinion.
Jan 9, 10:19 PM

Oct 2022
Shigure appears to be this world's equivalent of a crazy cat lady; her entire life revolves around her cats. Yet Azuki, Maple, Cinnamon, and Coconut are much more loyal to her than most real cats.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nekopara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2020

91 by saabiK »»
Jan 18, 2:34 AM

Poll: » Nekopara Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2020

49 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Nekopara Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2020

42 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 13, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Nekopara Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2020

63 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 10, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Nekopara Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2020

46 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 6, 8:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.