Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 5, 2020 4:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Charming episode with amusement park fun and even a little bit of singing.

I have to say, when it comes to having fun, these cat girls knows how to do it.
Mar 5, 2020 5:20 AM

Apr 2010
A Maple episode which is always nice.
And her joy with singing which was a hit with the others, her preparations for the singing event where also nice she worked really hard.
And with lot's of encouragement as well.

The amusement park part was funny as well.
Mar 5, 2020 5:35 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Maple wants to become a singer... that's so cute, and she won a guitar, perverted Cinnamon was cute too lol
Mar 5, 2020 5:57 AM

Feb 2017
So this episode was almost basicly Nekopara 3 without the Hentai parts
Mar 5, 2020 6:05 AM

Aug 2013
Maple always wanted to be a singer, that was cute. And she won that competition.

Nice end card.

Mar 5, 2020 7:19 AM

Dec 2014
Amusement park stuff was fun and Maple was adorable this episode.
Mar 5, 2020 7:19 AM

Aug 2012
That ED was sweet.
Mar 5, 2020 7:35 AM

May 2018
DrMurdoch said:
So this episode was almost basicly Nekopara 3 without the Hentai parts

Nor romance, yachts, Shigure's sponsorship and Kashou's determinant involment. What a rip-off.
Mar 5, 2020 8:48 AM

Apr 2017
I can tell that this episode was basically a reworked Volume 3, but... I'm not complaining. Where there's Cinnamon, there's greatness!
Mar 5, 2020 8:51 AM

Apr 2019
Big chuckle at the cut between that octopus themed joyride and Cinnamon's reaction face. I love those subtle lewd jokes hidden in this show's details. Also, almost drama rather than CGDCT with all that "overcome your fears" messaging. Nice spotlight on Maple, and her relation to Cinnamon. Both are shown with their opposite sides - Maple deep inside is a chicken, and Cinnamon deeper than the pervert clown she usually plays. One oft the better episodes.

inimMar 5, 2020 9:06 AM

Mar 5, 2020 9:04 AM

Feb 2019
Kinda saddens me how people aren't watching this as much as the first episode anymore and that the MAL ratings have dipped. I guess people came for the ecchi and didn't stay when they saw it wasn't there. I've really been enjoying the series. I love these character and relationship building episodes a lot. I felt that slap through the TV. Got some really good Cinnamon and Maple development and it's nice to see Cinnamon's character go beyond "I'm moist".

Great way to start off the end of the weekend
Mar 5, 2020 10:16 AM

Feb 2020
Marinate1016 said:
Kinda saddens me how people aren't watching this as much as the first episode anymore and that the MAL ratings have dipped. I guess people came for the ecchi and didn't stay when they saw it wasn't there. I've really been enjoying the series. I love these character and relationship building episodes a lot. I felt that slap through the TV. Got some really good Cinnamon and Maple development and it's nice to see Cinnamon's character go beyond "I'm moist".

I think this is due not to the absence of H-scenes but the way they modified the plot itself. There is no romance in the anime, the slice-of-life is easy and predictable and what happens in one volume we see it here summarized in 20 minutes. The anime has its good points, Cacao is adorable but beyond that there is nothing remarkable.

If you like the characters and wanna watch them and their cuteness develop nice and slow, just play the games. Don't enjoy the +18 parts, play the PS4 or the Switch version.
Mar 5, 2020 10:17 AM

Jan 2008
More Maple is always good. Also surprised to see some Yuuki Hagure artwork (the end card), been a while but was a favorite of mines a few years back.
Mar 5, 2020 12:40 PM

Feb 2014
This episode has a slightly surprising amount of users voting it a 1/5. Did the production team rework this episode too much from the source material that annoyed the VN users here or am I reading too much into this? >.<

Either way, I thought this episode was charming as usual. Aside from Cinnamon's rather amusing reaction to seeing the octopus at the fairground, it also had Maple show off how well she can sing.

That led to the competition in the second half, but poor Maple got a bit of stage fright and got all too worried about letting everyone down. Cinnamon was there to slap some sense into Maple, gave her some words of encouragement that Maple told her when they were younger and with this, Maple went on to win the competition.

The special ED song and still shots were nice and the ED card from Yuuki Hagure was excellent. That's another quality picture to add to my collection! =P
Mar 5, 2020 1:15 PM

Aug 2018
Lol Maple got her episode, and Cinnamon still has quite the imagination. I was glad Maple got her White Guitar.
Mar 5, 2020 1:19 PM

Aug 2018
Marinate1016 said:

I agree with you, there’s a lot of sour people who call themselves Otaku. Also, some of these down votes are from MB disciples. Geoff is a very sick man, and needs help soon.
Mar 5, 2020 1:56 PM

Jun 2017
Diapolo10 said:
I can tell that this episode was basically a reworked Volume 3, but... I'm not complaining. Where there's Cinnamon, there's greatness!

Exactly my thoughts lol. At least if someone plays the third volume in their glory they will have some..surprises. :D
Mar 5, 2020 2:08 PM

Aug 2012

btw, I just noticed in the credits they have the following line:

ネコ耳協力 vanillanium

which means

Cat Ear Support vanillanium

According to vanillanium's website, it looks like they sell animal-inspired Ear and Tail accessories.

So yeah, they are serious enough about depicting Anime Catgirl ears accurately that they consulted(?) a professional nekomimi maker before drawing them.
truesord24Mar 5, 2020 5:17 PM
Mar 5, 2020 2:39 PM

Jul 2017
More Maple moments are nice, and don't need to state the obvious for Cinnamon. And damn, I should really go back to see Volume 3 of this, kinda feels like it's been awhile.

More fun times for the nekos at the amusement park, and getting into Maple and Cinnamon's (more than her usual gags) backstory.

So Maple was working at her part-time job to achieve her singing dreams. And the chance is given at the usual contest settings, and throwing in the towel usually isn't her style but kinda felt like she's forced to. Regardless, Cinnamon gave her her stern piece of advice, which I'd felt was the selling point of the episode: Cinnamon's character development.

Maple earned her big prize, and everyone is happy. Her special ED song is also nice.

@Marinate1016 absolutely agree with you that this show is enjoyable, even without the hentai visuals. Just that people are "unacceptable" without that is just mind-boggling.
Mar 5, 2020 2:51 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
The ending cards are the best part of this adaptation
Mar 5, 2020 3:22 PM

Feb 2020
Am I the only one who found this viscerally disgusting? The Cinnamon we know solved this with kind words, not a freaking bitch slap!

Mar 5, 2020 3:28 PM
Sep 2018
Ngl I think this is my favorite episode so far but might be because its adapted from VN 3 which is also my favorite in the series.

Another episode of anxiety destroying pleasure x3

Mar 5, 2020 3:45 PM

Apr 2015
Oh nice, an episode centered around Maple! Much needed, she's probably my second favorite catgirl from Nekopara!

So her wish is to become a singer and she has really showed that she's really good at it!! I only wish I could have the performance itself though :( She won!

End card is fucking sweet!!
Mar 5, 2020 7:12 PM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
Cinnamon & Maple episode, so obviously it was freaking great <3

Too bad they didn't show Maple's performance though :(
Mar 6, 2020 2:19 AM

Oct 2008
So it's Maple time to shine!
Cinnamon's ero antics never fails to entertain me!
that endcard of Yuuki Hagure was top level ero art!!!
5/5.

Mar 6, 2020 1:58 PM

May 2018
I hate this adaptation... i just wanted them to adapt this normally...
Mar 6, 2020 2:35 PM

May 2018
Rider9530 said:
I hate this adaptation... i just wanted them to adapt this normally...

I guess they wanted to try something different and original after the manga's failure... and that was a big mistake.

Mar 6, 2020 2:37 PM

Jan 2017
Ah Maple beying Maple, so freaking cute episode!
Mar 6, 2020 11:08 PM

Jul 2016
Uh... I mean, if they really wanted to take Vol. 3's main plot and condense it in one single episode in the most unsatisfying way possible, they as well could have added some of the yuri action scenes to compensate a bit. Just saying...
Mar 7, 2020 3:38 AM

Oct 2007
Cinnamon being serious. Did not expect that. Maple finally have the courage to sing on stage. And as expected, she won.

oh, and hard say "Maple" without thinking of the girl with black armor from another anime. :D
Mar 7, 2020 7:36 AM

Oct 2017
This was a sweet episode featuring Maple and Cinnamon. Nothing fancy but still lovely. The illustration card was hot.
Mar 8, 2020 6:08 AM

Dec 2018
Hmm, I'm here to celebrate the episode featuring little cinnamon roll Cinnamon and adorable huggable May-chan, I'm moist definitely(♡⌂♡)those lily flowers depiction..

As far as I concern, this adaption is still lovely and I'm very proud of it (why was it not slice-of-life?!), animated is a bonus to greatness, everyone is as cute as ever!!

-reading above does people really upset about the lack of H? It's a narration in VN sure, but here it's unnecessary, I'm glad they take that out in the anime as it should be.

truesord24 said:

ネコ耳協力 vanillanium

According to vanillanium's website, it looks like they sell animal-inspired Ear and Tail accessories.

So yeah, they are serious enough about depicting Anime Catgirl ears accurately that they consulted(?) a professional nekomimi maker before drawing them.

Totally!
Mar 8, 2020 8:03 AM

Aug 2012
Ether_Real said:
-reading above does people really upset about the lack of H? It's a narration in VN sure, but here it's unnecessary, I'm glad they take that out in the anime as it should be.

Those people really are hopeless... I mean, they actually cared about the "romance" with the bland excuse of a self-insert and fucking Anime Catgirls... Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with the sex scenes and I even played the VN but the sex scenes are just vanilla as fuck; there's nothing interesting or creative in them, neither is the "romance" leading up to them particularly well-done either.

If you people are so thirsty that you have to see some 'hot' catgirl actions, go find any catgirl hentai / eroge and jerk off to them - that will probably satisfy you.

And even if you think the Nekopara Anime is a just a crappy SOL, at least they are trying to be original, unlike some companies who play it safe and reuse the same shit over and over again with no thought whatsoever. You people just can't seem to accept something being different than what you are used to.
truesord24Mar 8, 2020 1:32 PM
Mar 8, 2020 12:47 PM

Feb 2020
truesord24 said:
Those people really are hopeless... I mean, they actually cared about the "romance" with the bland excuse of a self-insert and fucking Anime Catgirls... Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with the sex scenes and I even played the VN but they are just vanilla as fuck; there's nothing interesting or creative in them, neither is the "romance" leading up to them particularly well-done either.

If you people are so thirsty that you have to see some 'hot' catgirl actions, go find any catgirl hentai / eroge and jerk off to them - that will probably satisfy you.

And even if you think the Nekopara Anime is a just a crappy SOL, at least they are trying to be original, unlike some companies who play it safe and reuse the same shit over and over again with no thought whatsoever. You people just can't seem to accept something being different than what you are used to.

Well, excuse me for expecting romance from an anime tagged as "comedy, romance" and that is based on a Visual Novel where the funny situations and the love relationships are the main topic. No one here despises this anime because of its lack of H-scenes or their attempt of trying to be original, the problem with this anime is that it completely destroyed the essence of what the series we all knew meant to be.

Just take a look at Kashou and Shigure, the protagonist and the catgirls' owner, their characters are highly important in the games but here they are treated like some sort of boring extras. Who was the one who earned the trust of Chocola and Vanilla and helped them adapt to their new home? Who had the idea of hiring the catgirls and herself as employees of the patisserie? Who helped Coconut learn there is nothing wrong about being childish? Who acknowledged Azuki's skills first? Who showed Cinnamon that is OK to be a bit more selfish? Who made Maple realize that being a catgirl doesn't stop you from fighting for your dreams? The anime altered all of this and so the deveplopment of every other character in the anime, that ruined everything.

Don't take the fans of the VN for a bunch of fappers that just want to watch Hentai. This animation might be entertaining to someone who's not familiar with the game series but to someone who is and expected this with a great hype, this is nothing but a huge disappoinment. Not being able to accept something different is one thing, but not being able to accept just anything is another so don't blame me for not liking this awful "adaptation".
Mar 8, 2020 1:01 PM

Aug 2012
Kestisan said:

Well, excuse me for expecting romance from an anime tagged as "comedy, romance" and that is based on a Visual Novel where the funny situations and the love relationships are the main topic.

I'm going to be honest and say that this is a stupid mistake by MAL; it really shouldn't be tagged as "romance", that is just plain wrong.

You know what I think? The MAL mods haven't done any research on the TV Anime and just assumed it will the same as the Nekopara OVA / VN even though this is clearly not the case, ever since a few episodes in (and it might even be earlier if say, for example, the Japanese company presented it as an anime original; not an adaptation.). Even now, they still haven't done anything to fix this.

And don't get me started on how they just copied the Anime & Character descriptions from the Nekopara (VN) Wikia, further misleading the viewers. Oh yeah, Kashou is also totally a main character in this anime - he definitely contributed a lot to the plot /s

Kestisan said:

Just take a look at Kashou and Shigure, the protagonist and the catgirls' owner, their characters are highly important in the games but here they are treated like some sort of boring extras. Who was the one who earned the trust of Chocola and Vanilla and helped them adapt to their new home? Who had the idea of hiring the catgirls and herself as employees of the patisserie? Who helped Coconut learn there is nothing wrong about being childish? Who acknowledged Azuki's skills first? Who showed Cinnamon that is OK to be a bit more selfish? Who made Maple realize that being a catgirl doesn't stop you from fighting for your dreams? The anime altered all of this and so the deveplopment of every other character in the anime, that ruined everything.

Kestisan said:

This animation might be entertaining to someone who's not familiar with the game series but to someone who is and expected this with a great hype, this is nothing but a huge disappoinment. Not being able to accept something different is one thing, but not being able to accept just anything is another so don't blame me for not liking this awful "adaptation".

Right. I understand that even though I'm not a big fan of Kashou & Shigure (VN ver. that is; the anime one is pretty much a different character), there are people who genuinely liked their character and their interactions with the catgirls. There is nothing necessarily wrong with this and I'm not going to debate it since it will get us nowhere.

But the core issue remains, people just blindly assumed the Anime to be the exact same or a simple adaptation of the VN even though there were no such promises (I haven't been following the Nekopara TV Anime scene before it aired so if I'm wrong, you're welcome to provide any supporting evidence. But please only to link to official, Japanese sources). They build up this expectation of how the anime should be and if it even slightly deviates from their ideal image, they just whine and whine about how they ruined their precious 'baby'. Look, I get that you are disappointed but stop repeating the same complaints like a broken record; I'm tired of hearing them. Just because the anime shares the same characters and setting doesn't mean it can't be its own thing.

Not everything in the world stays the same and always to your exact liking. So at least try and learn to have a more flexible outlook when it comes enjoying media - it'll save yourself a lot of pain.
truesord24Apr 2, 2020 1:27 PM
Mar 8, 2020 2:08 PM

Jan 2016
Aight, sweet episode :3
THANKS SENPIEX
Mar 8, 2020 3:05 PM

Jun 2019
I have never read the VN or played any of the games but from what i have been seeing from others I'm personally glad this show isnt an adaptation. If it was nothing but a hentai i would have dropped it a long time ago like i did the brothel show that everyone this season thinks is just the best thing to ever hit the air waves
Mar 8, 2020 3:24 PM
Jul 2018
Nice one but i wanted to see mapple singing.>_>
Mar 8, 2020 7:46 PM

Dec 2018
truesord24 said:

You know what I think? The MAL mods know fuck-all about the TV Anime and just assumed it will the same as the Nekopara OVA / VN even though this is clearly not the case, ever since a few episodes in (and it might even be earlier if say, for example, the Japanese company presented it as an anime original; not an adaptation. Too bad we'll never know since MAL couldn't be bothered to check). Even now, they still haven't done anything to fix this.

So I guess use of the word "adaptation" is not supposed to.. When Cacao appeared I thought she was added in for a change of story, being "original" never cross my mind the entire time smh

Also good to be reminded :)
Mar 8, 2020 7:52 PM

Aug 2012
Ether_Real said:

So I guess use of the word "adaptation" is not supposed to.. When Cacao appeared I thought she was added in for a change of story, being "original" never cross my mind the entire time smh

Also good to be reminded :)

Yes. Only this episode so far is actually an "adaptation" of any kind (even then they changed up a lot of things). Everything else in this anime is basically entirely original.
truesord24Mar 8, 2020 7:57 PM
Mar 9, 2020 11:12 AM

Feb 2020
truesord24 said:
Not everything in the world stays the same and always to your exact liking. So at least try and learn to have a more flexible outlook when it comes enjoying media - it'll save yourself a lot of pain.

There we go again, with you implying that the problem here is not the anime itself but me not being flexible enough to like it. For real? Speaking about broken records.

If I was that fussy I would've already dropped the anime by episode 3 Instead, I decided to watch it to the end in order to find something worthy, even though it was a bit hard for me to stand the change of voices. So far, Cacao's debut, the soundtrack and the artworks from the endings are the only things I truly liked while watching this show. That should give you a couple of ideas about my disappointment. Naturally, when it's announced that a Visual Novel will get a TV production people tend to think that is going to be an adaptation of the same setting because that's what generally happens, just like Danganronpan or Steins;Gate. Well, neither NEKO WORKs or Felix Film gave any hints over the anime displaying an original story, ever. So, can you blame me for expecting the most probable outcome? That is precissely why there is a good amount of people complaining about this anime, dropping it and even aguing with those who think of them as wankers that wanted porn and nothing else.

Nekopara Novels' success was thanks to its art style, characters design, idle/dynamic animations and off course, its harem narrative and sexual content. The anime ignored most of this and replaced it with slice-of-life, which is not its best feature and even if we wanted some, we already have the Vol. 0 and Extra, those are short games but I tell you that these are way better than the cheap comedy you see in the anime. Is there ever going to be an episode that can prove Cinnamon's pervertion isn't the most exploited gag? It shouldn't be a surprise that the ratings are getting worse per episode.

At this rate, even I can figure out that this anime is not an adaptation (that's why I used "") but, what is it then? some kind of Spin-Off maybe? Either way is not convincing for anyone who has been following the series from the start. Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely nothing against studios picking and original work and turning it into something alternative. CD Project did that with The Witcher Saga and the result was one of the best videogame series of all time. Nekopara on the other hand is not that great, not good either, is mediocre at best. Stagnation points, no respect for the original main roles and characters doing thing they never did before and were never meant to do (for instance, slapping someone in the face), thats all I can perceive from a production like this.

I do understand my standards are not as simple as yours, but that is no reason for someone like you to be stating that I just have to enjoy things without thinking to much. I can do that at some extent, but everyone has its limits and to some of us, this anime was a terrible mistake from the very beginning. Sorry, but I guess the only thing we can both agree on is that the MAL mods are nothing but a bunch of lazy asses.
Mar 9, 2020 12:14 PM

Aug 2012
Kestisan said:

If I was that fussy I would've already dropped the anime by episode 3 Instead, I decided to watch it to the end in order to find something worthy, even though it was a bit hard for me to stand the change of voices. So far, Cacao's debut, the soundtrack and the artworks from the endings are the only things I truly liked while watching this show. That should give you a couple of ideas about my disappointment. Naturally, when it's announced that a Visual Novel will get a TV production people tend to think that is going to be an adaptation of the same setting because that's what generally happens, just like Danganronpan or Steins;Gate. Well, neither NEKO WORKs or Felix Film gave any hints over the anime displaying an original story, ever. So, can you blame me for expecting the most probable outcome? That is precissely why there is a good amount of people complaining about this anime, dropping it and even aguing with those who think of them as wankers that wanted porn and nothing else.

Nekopara Novels' success was thanks to its art style, characters design, idle/dynamic animations and off course, its harem narrative and sexual content. The anime ignored most of this and replaced it with slice-of-life, which is not its best feature and even if we wanted some, we already have the Vol. 0 and Extra, those are short games but I tell you that these are way better than the cheap comedy you see in the anime. Is there ever going to be an episode that can prove Cinnamon's pervertion isn't the most exploited gag? It shouldn't be a surprise that the ratings are getting worse per episode.

At this rate, even I can figure out that this anime is not an adaptation (that's why I used "") but, what is it then? some kind of Spin-Off maybe? Either way is not convincing for anyone who has been following the series from the start. Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely nothing against studios picking and original work and turning it into something alternative. CD Project did that with The Witcher Saga and the result was one of the best videogame series of all time. Nekopara on the other hand is not that great, not good either, is mediocre at best. Stagnation points, no respect for the original main roles and characters doing thing they never did before and were never meant to do (for instance, slapping someone in the face), thats all I can perceive from a production like this.

I do understand my standards are not as simple as yours, but that is no reason for someone like you to be stating that I just have to enjoy things without thinking to much. I can do that at some extent, but everyone has its limits and to some of us, this anime was a terrible mistake from the very beginning. Sorry, but I guess the only thing we can both agree on is that the MAL mods are nothing but a bunch of lazy asses.

Fair arguments. I don't agree with everything you say but at least now I understand more about the "why" behind the opposite side.

One thing that I might not have made clear earlier on is that my previous post wasn't directed specifically at you. It was intended to be a rant of my frustration against those group of complainers who would come in every Episode discussion and say a few lines among the lines of "this anime sucks" or "VN is superior" and nothing else, saying nothing meaningful regarding the episode itself. It doesn't help that each time they do, it's always the same 1 or 2 arguments. This kind of toxicity is jarring because it only seems to plague MAL, not (for example) reddit, where the majority of the comments are actual civil discussion about the anime itself. Why those people can't just leave us alone? You guys have your salt/bait thread on this forum so go and express your disappointments there instead.

And of course, I had to take a jab at the MAL mods because it was the perfect opportunity to do so. The more people aware of their incompetence, the more likely change is going to come by.

---

Btw, what's with you reposting your response multiple times in short successions? I literally received like 6 emails saying "Kestisan quoted you.". You could just edit your post and fix any spelling/grammar mistakes, you know.
Mar 9, 2020 12:51 PM

Feb 2020
truesord24 said:
Fair arguments. I don't agree with everything you say but at least now I understand more about the "why" behind the opposite side.

One thing that I might not have made clear earlier on is that my previous post wasn't directed specifically at you. It was intended to be a rant of my frustration against those group of complainers who would come in every Episode discussion and say a few lines among the lines of "this anime sucks" or "VN is superior" and nothing else, saying nothing meaningful regarding the episode itself. It doesn't help that each time they do, it's always the same 1 or 2 arguments. This kind of toxicity is jarring because it only seems to plague MAL, not (for example) reddit, where the majority of the comments are actual civil discussion about the anime itself. Why those people can't just leave us alone? You guys have your salt/bait thread on this forum so go and express your disappointments there instead.

And of course, I had to take a jab at the MAL mods because it was the perfect opportunity to do so. The more people aware of their incompetence, the more likely change is going to come by.

---

Btw, what's with you reposting your response multiple times in short successions? I literally received like 6 emails saying "Kestisan quoted you.". You could just edit your post and fix any spelling/grammar mistakes, you know.

Fine, that is that then. At least now you see that there is a good number of people that dislikes or even hates this anime for good reason. Bit of advice for next time, keep your attention on the upcoming ratings and check for yourself how the reception doesn't get back up. I can assure you that the most part of those negatives are not from trolls looking for hentai. But you can't deny that the VN is superior by far and that is nothing to feel bad about. This is Nekopara, not Fate/Stay Night, of course the anime doesn't match the game charm, specially not in this case.

And sorry about the notifications, it had nothing to do with edition. I don't know what happened but when I clicked on submit first time there was no response so I clicked it more and the next moment my post appeared multiple times. My apologies for that.
Mar 9, 2020 1:11 PM

Aug 2012
Kestisan said:
But you can't deny that the VN is superior by far and that is nothing to feel bad about. This is Nekopara, not Fate/Stay Night, of course the anime doesn't match the game charm, specially not in this case..

Oh, you got me all wrong. I'm not one of those "anime fanatics" who thinks anime is the best thing in the world.
In fact, if something exists as both VN & Anime: I believe Visual Novel is the superior medium over Anime (for story-telling and character development) in almost every case, provided the company knows what they do doing and everything is handled elegantly. imho, anime as a medium is overrated and starting to become a normie activity.

But also notice I said "almost every case". My earlier complaints about the lacklustre handling of VN Nekopara's "romance" & H-scenes still stand.

It was the aggressiveness (and imo, arrogance) of those anime haters/complainers that rub me the wrong way.
truesord24Mar 9, 2020 1:54 PM
Mar 9, 2020 2:04 PM

Feb 2020
truesord24 said:
Oh, you got me all wrong. I'm not one of those "anime fanatics" who thinks anime is the best thing in the world.
In fact, if something exists as both VN & Anime: I believe Visual Novel is the superior medium over Anime (for story-telling and character development) in almost every case, provided the company knows what they do doing and everything is handled elegantly. imho, anime as a medium is overrated and starting to become a normie activity.

But also notice I said "almost every case". My earlier complaints about the lacklustre handling of VN Nekopara's H-scenes still stand.

It was the aggressiveness (and imo, arrogance) of those anime haters/complainers that rub me the wrong way.

I know you're not of that kind, you proved that already. As a matter of fact I'm not a big fan of H-scenes. Whenever I play an eroge, I'm used to play those events once and never repeat them again because they are usually longer that what they should be. Nekopara is not the exception, I started following it for the characters and the story, which is not a big deal but is easy and attractive enough to like it. Adore good anime, abhor bad productions, that's my newest motto.

Stay safe and remember, aggressiveness and arrogance are like a hole in a paper, if there is in one side, be sure there is in the other too. Glad to finally see you are different, hope you think the same of me now.
Mar 9, 2020 2:20 PM

Aug 2012
Kestisan said:

As a matter of fact I'm not a big fan of H-scenes. Whenever I play an eroge, I'm used to play those events once and never repeat them again because they are usually longer that what they should be. Nekopara is not the exception, I started following it for the characters and the story, which is not a big deal but is easy and attractive enough to like it. Adore good anime, abhor bad productions, that's my newest motto.

Stay safe and remember, aggressiveness and arrogance are like a hole in a paper, if there is in one side, be sure there is in the other too. Glad to finally see you are different, hope you think the same of me now.

Well then, I'm glad that for once I can agree with everything you are saying. We might be on opposite sides but it's always a good learning experience to at least try and understand others' viewpoint.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my rant. I was hoping for people to talk more and shed light on things, more than anything.
Mar 9, 2020 4:16 PM

Nov 2009
Cinnamon... plz... don't say you'll "get moist" in front of bunch of kids... LOL

Also, Maple so cute this episode.

___ ____ ___

Other note....

You guys are reading too much into the genres...

Everyone knows Nekopara got popular due to it's high Hentai community.

But the whole reason for this anime is literally kickstarted by that Hentai community... which majority wanted the anime to be "whole some and family friendly" so they can introduce Nekopara to all ages and not just Teen~Adult+

There are a lot of other Hentai to Anime adaptation that do the same. (they change genres to fit, especially when time slots are limited) (most anime would like Day slots over Night because it gets a lot more viewers)

If people wanted to see Nekopara as it's original source... then just go watch the original Hentai/game that already exists...
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 9, 2020 5:45 PM

Feb 2020
amlg said:
Other note....

You guys are reading too much into the genres...

Everyone knows Nekopara got popular due to it's high Hentai community.

But the whole reason for this anime is literally kickstarted by that Hentai community... which majority wanted the anime to be "whole some and family friendly" so they can introduce Nekopara to all ages and not just Teen~Adult+

There are a lot of other Hentai to Anime adaptation that do the same. (they change genres to fit, especially when time slots are limited) (most anime would like Day slots over Night because it gets a lot more viewers)

If people wanted to see Nekopara as it's original source... then just go watch the original Hentai/game that already exists...

For the last time is not about the absence of Hentai, is about how much they distorted the plot and the nature of each character. Just take a look at the facts: Zero romance, the voices aren't the same, Kashou is an extra, Shigure is an ornament, Cinnamon is a walking joke (a very repetitive one), every development seen in the novels is either disregarded or half done here and for some reason nobody can explain, the patisserie only ever has female clients. What did they do this for? The list of details about how wrong this anime is gets larger with every new episode. The cuteness this show offers doesn't compensate any of this, in any case they could have kept it without degenerating everything else.
Mar 9, 2020 7:12 PM

Aug 2012
Kestisan said:

and for some reason nobody can explain, the patisserie only ever has female clients. What did they do this for?

I can answer that question. That's because in Japan, sweet things like cakes and other desserts are seen as childish & feminine (mainly feminine). As a guy who lived in Japan and loves sweet things, I can personally attest to how it can be a little bit awkward to always be the only guy ordering from dessert shops (the only exception to this seems to be guys with their girlfriend or other foreigners). I guess you can say NEKO WORKs is lame for falling for stereotypes, but this is Truth in Television, and Japan being a very traditional country; you can't really blame them for that.

There's also the fact that the Nekopara VN, for some reason, has an Improbably Female Cast. I literally cannot think of any male characters other than Kashou & the Carrier (I've heard that there ARE male characters in Vol. 3, but I haven't gotten that far yet. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯).

Kestisan said:

the voices aren't the same

I'm not quite sure about this, but this has something to do with R18 and non-R18 (or Mainstream media) voice actors technically being different roles/classes, if that makes any sense. It might be that Hentai voice actors are frown upon in "family-friendly" anime productions.

---

Welp, I think I have said enough already so that's me for now.
truesord24Mar 9, 2020 7:32 PM
Mar 9, 2020 8:27 PM

Feb 2020
truesord24 said:
I've heard that there ARE male characters in Vol. 3, but I haven't gotten that far yet. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Yes there are, some of them even tried flirting Maple.

Kestisan said:
I'm not quite sure about this, but this has something to do with R18 and non-R18 (or Mainstream media) voice actors technically being different roles/classes, if that makes any sense. It might be that Hentai voice actors are frown upon in "family-friendly" anime productions.

That would be awkward since is well known that the most famous japanese voice actors have had at least one or two roles in NSFW games. Want an example? The whole main cast of Crayon Shin-Chan did it. In fact, it is rumored that Funimation had something to do with this weird change of voices. However, with or without the original crew, this anime is still painful to watch.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nekopara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2020

91 by saabiK »»
Jan 18, 2:34 AM

Poll: » Nekopara Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2020

49 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Nekopara Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2020

42 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 13, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Nekopara Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2020

45 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 9, 10:19 PM

Poll: » Nekopara Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2020

46 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 6, 8:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.