Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 11, 2020 1:48 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Asta needs to calm the fuck down lol

Pretty amusing episode. Finral provided some comedy with that wacky personality of his. Poor Nero though, getting attention she didn't want again. And getting handcuffed? Jesus Christ. Marie doesn't deserve the treatment she got this episode either. Screw Damnatio.
Feb 11, 2020 3:47 AM
Dec 2016
What do you guys think 3 more episodes and then they are out of material so probably were ending it there?
Feb 11, 2020 3:56 AM

Jan 2020
I think they would take break until manga gets ahead again.

LEGENDARY_ZEUSFeb 17, 2020 4:16 AM

Feb 11, 2020 4:11 AM

Oct 2017
Give Asta a break lol. He just saved them all and now he's on trial accused of being the reason for all this. Poor guy, feel bad for him.
Feb 11, 2020 4:12 AM

Mar 2016
Wait a second... The anime is really almost up to the manga?? And yeah, fuck those bastards.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Feb 11, 2020 4:25 AM

May 2013
Just as the problem is solve another one pops up Immediately can't the captains Testify against all this or is there influence in the Kingdom not enough? I mean they have the most powerful Royal Families in there side like the Silvas and the Vermillions.
Feb 11, 2020 4:35 AM

Feb 2016
No consequences for Vengeance.
No dead Julius.
Not having the heads of 2/3 royal families and pretty much all Captains clear things up.
Not simply blaming it on the Elves Reincarnation and grudge.

Meh...typical shonen nonsense.
Feb 11, 2020 4:44 AM
Nov 2013
Wow I thought that we would have pause for now, but the plot is just getting better with each episode! Can't wait to know more about the other kingdoms and see what's up with this scale guy. Although, it's very desperating to see how the nobels now behave exactly like the nobles 500 years ago.
Feb 11, 2020 4:51 AM

Feb 2019
Episode was really well polished tbh, some of the best in a while. Wasn't expecting them to go straight into the trial tho, thought it would be a full recap episode. Danmatio's seiyuu did a great job. Can't wait for next week
Feb 11, 2020 4:51 AM
Sep 2015
I never notice who has horns and who has not before, I don't even know that Asta has horns. But now when this is mentioned I'll observe horns closely from now on.

Other kingdoms are mentioned as well, I hope to see Mars from Diamond, he's my favorite!

I'm wondering if we'll get anime-canon arc, I just don't want it to stop now. Whatever they make, I'll watch, that's how much I like Black Clover.

But please bring Petit Clover back, even though Asta is now very funny to watch, his reaction is so hilarious!
Feb 11, 2020 4:59 AM

Dec 2018
Spade kingdom seems to be the ominous one.

Lol, somebody should call Gauche.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Feb 11, 2020 5:44 AM

Aug 2013
Pretty amusing episode.

Asta is in a sham trial. Screw those nobles.

Feb 11, 2020 6:02 AM

Feb 2013
Some horrible nobles, again.
Feb 11, 2020 6:12 AM

Jul 2019
Pretty funny episode.And for the trial i think we can leave it to Yami,he is basically god who can deal with anything that pops out.
Feb 11, 2020 6:14 AM

Jul 2013
I thought the episode was going to end with Damnatio saving Sekke and king Augustus Kira, but they jumped at the trial after that. I'm guessing we are going to have filler content in a few episodes.

Chibi Julius is so moe, I love him. For once I'm glad a character that was practically dead survives in a battle shounen.
I was guessing Toshiyuki Morikawa was going to keep voicing him with a high pitched voice, and I was not wrong.

Noelle's faces through the episode were gold.

Also:
Julius: Be careful Asta, the Parliament may use you as a scapegoat for the elf crisis because your demon-like magic.
Asta: Proceeds to fall into the trap of the Parliament and become a scapegoat after some fancy words from a fishy hooded man.
Sasuga, Bakasta. The scene where he saves Marie in his Black Form looked sick tho. Loved how clean the episode looked in general.
Feb 11, 2020 6:23 AM

Feb 2012
Oh shit it's finishing? I got pretty close to the end then. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and pick it back up.
Feb 11, 2020 6:31 AM
Apr 2014
tfw anime is only like 22 chapters behind the manga
Feb 11, 2020 7:43 AM

Oct 2019
I thought the show is gonna chill for a bit after that crazy arc but it's still going strong damn
Feb 11, 2020 8:07 AM
May 2019
when they starting up something good, but the it’s reaching up to the manga :^(
owo
Feb 11, 2020 8:38 AM

Sep 2009
There is a time skip coming. If they had any sense they would wait for that before finishing.
Feb 11, 2020 8:57 AM

Nov 2016
Thought this would be a calm after the storm type of episode, but damn, they're using the momentum, I see. Really hyped for more.

Illyricus said:
I thought the episode was going to end with Damnatio saving Sekke and king Augustus Kira, but they jumped at the trial after that. I'm guessing we are going to have filler content in a few episodes.

Chibi Julius is so moe, I love him. For once I'm glad a character that was practically dead survives in a battle shounen.
I was guessing Toshiyuki Morikawa was going to keep voicing him with a high pitched voice, and I was not wrong.

Also:
Julius: Be careful Asta, the Parliament may use you as a scapegoat for the elf crisis because your demon-like magic.
Asta: Proceeds to fall into the trap of the Parliament and become a scapegoat after some fancy words from a fishy hooded man.
Sasuga, Bakasta. The scene where he saves Marie in his Black Form looked sick tho. Loved how clean the episode looked in general.

+ 1 to everything, especially so glad to have Julius back <3

And this wouldn't be a battle shounen if "stupid" decisions didn't lead to some badass moment xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 11, 2020 9:09 AM

Aug 2017
Politics do suck. Poor Marie I won't blame Asta to be in his black form just to protect her. The series is catching up with the manga. I'm hype how things will turn out.

Feb 11, 2020 9:59 AM

Jan 2008
Mercuri said:
Just as the problem is solve another one pops up Immediately can't the captains Testify against all this or is there influence in the Kingdom not enough? I mean they have the most powerful Royal Families in there side like the Silvas and the Vermillions.

There's a reason why only Asta and Nero are there, and no one who can testify on their behalf is. As Asta said, they've made it loud and clear how they operate. Asta's a scapegoat and nothing more. The trial is just a facade and merely window dressing.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Feb 11, 2020 10:07 AM

Jan 2008
phantomfandom said:
I'm wondering if we'll get anime-canon arc, I just don't want it to stop now. Whatever they make, I'll watch, that's how much I like Black Clover.

Yeah, since one particular part of the manga got skipped over, whenever everyone thought we'd see some incredible training montages and we instead got absolutely nothing, the manga readers have surmised that when the time came, we'd get that in the anime instead. We're still figuring that's going to be the case. Given what we got post time skip, there should be at least 10-15 episodes worth of training montage for various characters.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Feb 11, 2020 10:13 AM

Oct 2019
Please take a damn break, there's probably 10ish episodes of content left right now

If they don't I see them

Sigh

Feb 11, 2020 10:26 AM

Aug 2015
Guess Black Clover will end with filler after all.
Jeez Pierrot/TV Tokyo just end the anime already...
The show barely has any manga material to adapt minus the LN stuff.

Besides that good episode and the female reactions are pure gold :)
Feb 11, 2020 10:37 AM
Sep 2019
Lol things never seem to get easy for Asta. Asta saving Marie was pretty epic
Feb 11, 2020 10:48 AM

Apr 2018
Illyricus said:

Also:

Yeah, that scene was funny too.

Feb 11, 2020 11:18 AM

May 2018
Oh after what Asta did, them Parliament Asses are gonna make Asta the escape goat, when the one who should be on trail was only given a slap in the hand????/
Feb 11, 2020 1:34 PM

Apr 2015
Nobles and royalty, at the start of the series we already saw a clear discrimination towards non-royalty, but these guys at the magic parliament are something else. The guys are such assholes for even trying to convict Marie... Honestly can't wait to see them get their asses handed to them. But seems we might get into filler territory soon.

That cliffhanger again though, Asta sure didn't make things easier for himself!
Feb 11, 2020 2:33 PM

Apr 2018
Great episode, Asta is badass af
Feb 11, 2020 2:40 PM

Jul 2017
Almost at the endgame where the anime will catch up to the manga. As usual...

Great to have King Julius back...albeit in chibi form. It's just so funny and amusing to see him the same, but with all the magic gone, he's ready to move into the next phase. Most importantly, without a leading figure, Clover Kingdom would be dead.

Asta will end up dying? Heh that can't be...jokes aside, what his anti-magic power will contribute is still a mystery at this point.

Three Problems, with the Diamond and Spade Kingdoms known, will cease Clover Kingdom...but the most important, is going back to the discrimination between nobility (which has existed since the start of the series).

The Magic Parliament is one to fear, starting with Damnatio, the loyal servant of the current king, and Asta is the common enemy (knowing the devil within that stands trial). And the courthouse sham trial, clearly it was a trap to lay blame on the Devil within Asta in the face of nobles (BTW, this is a much bigger, more focused issue than the first few episodes of Black Clover when Asta and Yuno first received their grimoires).

To bring one of the affected and reincarnated, Marie stands no chance, but Asta knows that this is a battle that must be won not with words, but actions. The cliffhanger is interesting!

Back to form, and onto the next arc!
Feb 11, 2020 2:50 PM
Dec 2019
Can they not end each episode so abruptly?
Feb 11, 2020 3:42 PM
Mar 2018
This episode didn't feel fluid and felt like different pieces that were put together. And why does every body know every thing and all nobles are alive?
Feb 11, 2020 4:54 PM

Feb 2014
Funny face, lol...
Feb 11, 2020 4:54 PM

Jul 2015
Those nobles are trash

Even as a child Julius is still hilarious lol
Feb 11, 2020 5:49 PM
Sep 2017
Love having Julius back, with his starry eyes as he fanboys over interesting magic, lol. His body actually kinda fits his personality now, hahaha. It was interesting to learn about the star on his forehead - I always wondered about that.
Yami cracked me up with his comments to Asta - “Sucks to be you, kid. Namu”, and “A devil? Wow, talk about creepy. Gross. Back off, man.” That whole conversation was gold.
These nobles are total a-holes, and Asta was awesome going to save Marie like that.
The other kingdoms sound very interesting - I want to know more about the Heart & Spade kingdoms!
Feb 11, 2020 5:55 PM

Sep 2017
Wow, what an utterly nonsensical and boring turn of events.
Feb 11, 2020 8:26 PM

Mar 2018
Asta my bro! Kingdom of Mystery looks real nice atm :P
{\_/}
(•~•)

{\_/}
( •-•)

{\_/}
( – _ -)
Feb 11, 2020 8:50 PM

Jan 2011
KR_P said:
Bruh, just waving it off like that would be the real nonsense.
Feb 11, 2020 9:03 PM
Mar 2015
Nobles of Clover were not worth saving
Feb 11, 2020 9:16 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Really dislike the fact that Julius is not dead. Disappointed.

"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Feb 12, 2020 12:55 AM
Jul 2018
Lmao Sekke. xD Still out to get Asta after all this time.

Welp... another great Anime catching up to the Manga. Quite awkward.
Feb 12, 2020 1:28 AM

Feb 2016
ReaperCreeper said:
KR_P said:
Bruh, just waving it off like that would be the real nonsense.

It's not waving it off.
Supposedly it's a choice between saving the Kingdom (by keeping the Magic Knights in action) or saving Asta by keeping quiet about Devils.
Why not save both? what is the downside to the Nobles and public not knowing about the Devil and just thinking that an extinct race used a Forbidden spell to control Magic Knights and get revenge on humans?
Elves get a nasty note added to their encyclopedia page and a Forbidden spell gets more forbidden?
Hell, I'd be happy if they put Paltry on trial for it and Vangeance on trial as his accomplice -The innocent Elves are already dead again and the Devil is also dead, Vengeance and Paltry are the only main participants 'getting away with it'.
Feb 12, 2020 1:35 AM
Jun 2017
Wow!!! Did i have just watch a new arc of Black Clover... as it introduced the 3 kingdoms already... yeah...

And according to some comments above this post--- they are in pace of reaching manga. Ohh does this mean black clover will now having a break? Well lets see about that one.
Feb 12, 2020 2:29 AM

Jun 2012
Its the usual trope where the aristocrat have all the black hearts.

This civil war is really amusing to me.
Feb 12, 2020 3:11 AM

Dec 2019
Great episode. Chibi Julius is tha best.
V1711Mar 14, 2020 10:02 AM
Feb 12, 2020 4:20 AM

Jun 2016
i want this anime keep ongoinggggg without filler !!!

but sadly manga just 22 chapters in front of tv series

Feb 12, 2020 10:15 AM

Nov 2009
Julius was based in his ossan form, now he's just another generic bishounen...
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Feb 12, 2020 1:02 PM

Jun 2015
I wasn't really sure where this eps might go as last week I watched the last five in order and stuff got seriously wild and I wondered where they might go from here.

I figured there might be some back patting and everyone feeling good about themselves, chilling relaxing, having some barbecues. But no. The battle has just started!

To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 48 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2018

71 by -PhiL- »»
May 7, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2018

68 by -PhiL- »»
May 7, 1:03 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 149 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2020

51 by Vindicater »»
May 7, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2018

80 by RaToxic »»
May 6, 6:27 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2020

92 by Vindicater »»
May 6, 4:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.