Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 9, 2020 1:45 AM
Oct 2019
whats this video all about? I am getting a playback error while playing it. Can you tag this with a link so that it can directly take to me to the YT.
Jan 9, 2020 1:54 AM
Oct 2019
hikkiGOAT said:
whats this video all about? I am getting a playback error while playing it. Can you tag this with a link so that it can directly take to me to the YT.

i know here is THE link but SPOILER

Hitler React to Shokugeki no Soma Le Dessert ending

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-2vvBsXx1A
Jan 9, 2020 2:16 PM

Feb 2015
They really should have ended the series here it's a perfect end point for the anime. You can tell it's running out of steam, I dread to think what S5 will be like
Jan 11, 2020 8:14 AM

Feb 2010
I liked most of this arc but this it for me and this series, it started out good then got great but then went on longer than it should of. The final arc is supposedly very bad but I wouldn't know because I just don't care enough anymore to find out.
Jan 12, 2020 7:03 AM

Mar 2015
Yay the rebel team won! It felt very conclusive, but since we know a fifth season is on the way, guess we'll find out who that guy at the end was!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 14, 2020 3:31 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Really really felt like the finale episode but a another season is announced so why not, it was a great ending and nice to see that everyone changed after the timeskip (I prefer Hisako with long hair :c) I can't wait to see the next season
Jan 14, 2020 11:47 PM

Nov 2012

Hisako X Erina yuri? anyone? (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Love░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂

1st Seat - Yukihira Soma (Our guuuy <3)
2nd Seat - Isshiki Satoshi (loincloth)
3rd Seat - Terunori Kuga (Chinese)
4th Seat - Hayama Akira (Spices)
5th Seat - Kurokiba Ryo (Fish??? outrage )
6th Seat - Nakiri Alice (molecular gastronomy)
7th Seat - Takumi Aldini (blonde Aldini brother)
8th Seat - Eizan Etsuya (megane delinquent guy?)
9th Seat - Kinokuni Nene (megane girl. Die. shine)
10th Seat - Tadokoro Megumi (braid cutie <3)

Finally, a mysterious guy appears! Season 5 in April!

Jan 15, 2020 8:17 PM

Feb 2014
If a sequel hadn't been announced beforehand I would really think this would have been the last season. I mean, it really gives you the feeling of a closure.
Jan 19, 2020 8:03 AM

Aug 2017
Outstanding season, I'll give 9/10 as the first half was all battles and a lot of good older characters were sidelined in jail like Nikumi, Hisako and Alice.

Awesome screentime for Erina though. I liked her more in her busty chef outfit than the school outfit. Fantastic ecchi this season.

I don't know who that prick is in the end, looks annoying though. Definitely felt like this season could have wrapped things up, aside from weddings and kids for everyone
Jan 29, 2020 12:26 PM
Jan 2017
Another great season as always I hope theres another season cause I just cant get enough of this show~
Feb 1, 2020 12:36 PM

May 2009
They rushed fast through Soma+Megumi mini arc... Now to the worst part of manga. EL HERMANO will make you hate this anime with passion.
Feb 5, 2020 11:29 AM

Jun 2017
Headd said:
It got real fast at the end of the episode just so they could show that new character. Honestly ending it here is good enough, no need to go to the next season and ruin everything.

Hopefully, Shokugeki no Soma will end in Season 4 only. It will suck big time if they continue further than that.
Hence I considered season 4 as my ending of the story.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Feb 6, 2020 10:47 PM

Apr 2018
I really don't know how this anime still gets good scores. As soon as this show got to the central arc, it has been going downhill and fast. Season 1 and 2 were very good, Season 3 I would say it was on the border of bad/okay, and finally watched season 4 to be utterly disappointed by it. If i had to sum it up in a few words, they would be over dramatic, over exaggerated, and ridiculous.

Hopefully they end it with season 5. Put this thing out of its misery.
Feb 8, 2020 9:06 AM

Jan 2015
Perfect conclusion to the arc. But the pace destroyed it.
Feb 10, 2020 8:21 PM

Jan 2011
It was a nice ending, but this really was the worst this series has had yet. It's always the tournaments where this series loses something. Animation was lacking, the pacing was horrendous, even the foodgasms took a downgrade. I still had an alright time with some of it, but what a disappointment when before it had been such a blast. It just lacked a lot of that charm.

Curious to see just how bad this final arc supposedly is. I've yet to see anyone who didn't hate it, so I really gotta wonder if they actually fucked up that badly.
Feb 16, 2020 3:02 AM

Oct 2013
They finallly won the team shokugeki, but i felt like it could be better, i wanted to see 1 on 1 battle between Yukihira and Tsukasa, a fair battle between those two would be a better ending imo. Looks like Yukihira got a shortcut to the 1st seat.

We'll be getting another season. also the new character that showed up in the end made me curious, another challenger for the greater good.

Overall score 8/10
Feb 16, 2020 3:31 AM
Oct 2019
ToshiroChan said:
They finallly won the team shokugeki, but i felt like it could be better, i wanted to see 1 on 1 battle between Yukihira and Tsukasa, a fair battle between those two would be a better ending imo. Looks like Yukihira got a shortcut to the 1st seat.

We'll be getting another season. also the new character that showed up in the end made me curious, another challenger for the greater good.

Overall score 8/10

season 5 (final season) :

1- new guy (villian) too op and cooler than souma
2- love rival
3- character regression

and more...

SPOILERS with more details y the next arc was bad :

ithyphallic60Mar 13, 2020 9:47 PM
Feb 17, 2020 5:32 AM
Oct 2019
Hitler React to Shokugeki no Soma Le Dessert ending

( 8 YEARS LATER )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-2vvBsXx1A
ithyphallic60Feb 22, 2020 8:50 PM
Mar 3, 2020 1:22 PM
Feb 2020
Mi è piaciuto per carità, ma sinceramente quel happy ending tutto rose e fiori con questa positività esagerata mi fa provare come se la storia avesse perso qualcosa di importante. Speriamo che questi miei preoccupazioni risultino infondate
Mar 11, 2020 11:16 PM

Jul 2010
I was never really into this series but damn, this hits hard. If it was a real final episode I would cry for sure. But apparently there is a trainwreck final arc. Let's wait and see.
Mar 20, 2020 12:14 AM
Jan 2017
Leo said:

Now I have the urge to continue reading the manga.
dont it's not worth it
Apr 12, 2020 1:40 AM

Aug 2017
The level of madness and nonsense in this season and especially in this episode have no limits. They went end game far too quickly.

Bad writing:

*Souma being the first seat is just nothing but troublesome. Pathetic, undeserved and anticlimactic. It is worse when you see that he got it by plot armor.

*Bad arc. It lasted far too long and ended with little to no payoff.

*Plot armor. Souma is practically a Gary Stu at this point. While I didn't like Souma being too OP during s1 and s2, at least he could lose and there was some character development. There's been none of this since Azami was forcibly introduced into the plot.

Wtf stuff:

**For some reason, Eizan is still part of the Elite Ten and he's looking out for those he tried to sabotage.
**The rest of the Elite Ten just disappeared without any convincing closure.
**They never explained Rindou’s motivations.
**Relegating the Elite Ten to villains instead of rivals was a bad idea and most of their motivations for joining Central were rushed, not explained or forced.
**The Central Arc should have been introduced at the earliest in the second half of Soma's 2nd year cuz it's not reasonable for a 1st year defeating everyone.
**Erina being the director during her 1st year.....WHAT? She is not an adult, what the hell is this? Being a director of a fucking school is not something a teenager can do.
**Azami and Central's motivations were poorly presented and there is a lack of consequences after the timeskip.

This season is so bad that I am very ashamed of what they did to Shokugeki no Souma. I didn't even have to mention the animation to know why SHIT s4 is.

I was hesitating to give it a 2 thanks to that I could enjoy a bit from a few episodes but this is disrespectful. 1/10 for the anime.

(And they say that s5 is worse that this but if s4 is already 1/10, I don't want to imagine what s5 will be)
NurguburuJun 24, 2020 12:25 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 19, 2020 7:01 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
So can Erina graduate from the school when she's director or?
Apr 28, 2020 8:08 PM

Sep 2011
Dont care what happens after this because to me this will always be the true ending.
May 24, 2020 5:04 PM

Aug 2014
That is crazy :D but I am glad that this anime started to surprise me :)
I do wonder how many seasons this can get and how it will end in the end.
Maybe we will see some romances next season?

Rly Erina a director? Is't it too much for her being so young and anime? :D
Not only hairstyle, but art also seem to be changed in last episode. Erina face especially.
I don't like Ryouko Sakaki new hair style she looks same as Hisako.
Glad that Ridou is happy with Tsukasa :)
I still don't like the op/ed of this season. Every other op/ed were great and I love to listen to them when I am doing things in kitchen, but this one doesn't have the power to motivate me...
anyway 9/10 for the ending. Too bad they failed my fav Ramen :( it didn't look tasty at all.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jun 12, 2020 3:32 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Mixed feelings over this finale, to be honest.

Soma scraping the "Provisional First Seat" - I can understand this. But Erina as Director? While I understand why, isn't it better for Uncle Sou to take over for a measly two years before giving her the position officially. Being a Director plus a Student is no easy feat, in fact it's more like disgracing the work of Directorial positions I suppose. I'm surprised there was no refute to this from other students.

But, that aside, it was cool to see the revelation of the other Elite Members. Megumi, in particular, rocking outside Totsuki Academy was pretty cool. And some of the new mature looks of the characters look really great too. Rindou-senpai and Tsukasa-senpai moment together was really sweet too.

By the way, is it really a good idea to let Nakiri Azami-san and a few prominent others get away so easily like this? Doesn't feel right at all...

Been hearing about how things quickly deteriorate further next season but I'll try to be very open regardless.

All in all, the season ended off a bang thanks to the last episode. I freakin' love this series though, don't get me wrong, but this was definitely the "worst" so far. Solid 7/10, nonetheless.

Unpredictability and ridiculous-ness has been a forte for the series and it was certainly more modest here which did hamper the enjoyment a tad bit. Animation Quality lapses, or rather still pictures to be precise, were more obvious as well but it didn't bother too much. People claiming this department deserves below 5 are/were clearly overreacting, another job well done from J.C. Staff.

And the Sound Department. I've seen this for every entry but it was a real succulent treat once again. Feels so Haikyuu-like in many ways and I bloody love that!

It's going to be tough waiting for a month for Season 5 to restart broadcasting... Because I'm binge-ing the two episodes out right now!
_MushiRock11_Jul 26, 2020 2:41 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 24, 2020 5:57 PM
Jul 2019
This season was predictable.It was obvious the Rebels was going to win.The elite 10 are trash to lose against the rebels.The so called Elite 10 lost there seats easily to the rebels who are supposed to be the best in the school.
Jul 15, 2020 5:43 PM

Dec 2014
Finally finished this series. this was a good series finale. although i still think Erina should be the First seat and Soma the second seat. and my baby girl Megumi should be higher imo. and i think if the upcoming arc was to reset, Soma gunning for the first seat and defeating Erina and a Love arc for Soma x Megumi, Erina, Hishoko?, Alice?, Ikumi, would have been better than..... ugh......the BS upcoming arcs
testamentKAISERJul 15, 2020 5:54 PM
Aug 17, 2020 4:22 PM

Jan 2014
WillWel said:
I really don't know how this anime still gets good scores. As soon as this show got to the central arc, it has been going downhill and fast. Season 1 and 2 were very good, Season 3 I would say it was on the border of bad/okay, and finally watched season 4 to be utterly disappointed by it. If i had to sum it up in a few words, they would be over dramatic, over exaggerated, and ridiculous.

Hopefully they end it with season 5. Put this thing out of its misery.

I have to agree with this, i wasn't very impressed by this season but it was still okay to watch i guess. apparently the next season is terrible? but i like food so i'll go for it lmao. 6/10 for s4, the last four-ish episodes were strong but the rest was kinda sucky
Nov 5, 2020 3:27 PM

Mar 2010
I need more nudes eek, but It could have ended here. But I guess I'll see wtf they can go on about in the last season lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 2, 2020 1:13 AM
Aug 2017
Good shit, i love their new look. Whos that mysterious character at the end doe
Dec 18, 2020 4:55 PM
Mar 2016
Azami Nakiri should get punched in the face!
I know it's a cooking anime, I'm not satisfied with scolding him with food taste only, and I don't care about his dark past or his stupid circumstances!

I hope I could see more humiliation for him when I watch next season soon.
Feb 26, 2021 10:45 AM
Jan 2020
I saw Souma being the 1st seat but Erina the director? haha that was a surprise!
overall great season 8/10
Feb 27, 2021 3:52 PM
Nov 2018
Great season and an great ending too. This season had tons of funny foodgasm and I enjoyed the battle. I still don't like Erina father. I love the new look towards the end.

9/10
Mar 9, 2021 10:25 AM
Oct 2019
I like Food Wars, and this season was enjoyable. But it clearly wasn't as good as the first few

Mainly, I think the coup by Erina's father completely derailed the overall story. It started in the prior season(s?), obviously, and I just kind of rolled with it, hoping it would round into form. But it never did.

It lacks all of the fun "teaching" and non-food war battle experimentation/learning scenes. It also cut out a lot of the cooking technique commentary that happened during the food wars and replaced it with even more over-the-top "endowment" fanservice scenes. That's a noticeable drop in quality

Seriously, the whole reason for the coup by Erina's father is because he was in love with Joichiro and was heartbroken when he left school? That was ~20 years ago, GET. OVER. IT. And that Erina's father so easily made the #1 seat into his pawn is just stupid. The whole thing is just bad writing

7/10
Jul 13, 2021 6:43 PM

Jul 2017
And the 4th season's done now for me again. This episode was pretty good and honestly, SHOULD have been the finale to the franchise, in anime/manga form. At least anime since JC could have stopped the abomination of a 5th season from happening with an original ending. But alas, Asahi showed up in the final few seconds and all I can think is, "Lord, have mercy." Will also say though, visually a lot of the newer designs for the grown up Totsuki students looks pretty off for me I have to say, didn't draw them well at all.

In regards to this season, while the 11th episode was fun and this episode had a wholesome vibe to it with some real nostalgia, seeing characters blossom to these Elite Ten spots and Soma being the 1st seat and Erina the fucking director of the whole Academy, the actual season itself was an abomination sadly. The pacing was dreadful, the animation got even worse and lazier and was so bad that I felt slightly sick watching the panning shots and had to take some medicine to just feel a bit better. Not to mention, the insanely predictable results and matches from start to finish and the dishes being a lot more absurd, and the cooking competitions being a lot less interesting to watch. And the reaction shots being really bland. Just so many complaints. A few good things happened, but not even close to enough to save such a boring and flat season. 2/10.
Jul 13, 2021 8:22 PM

Dec 2012
lol How Anne get her clothes back?
Azami leaves.
Jouichiro and Gin.
The effects wore off.
Souma's taking the 1st seat?
New director? Senzaemon doesn't want it.
Erina? Also, dat oppai.
Sa-chan.
Eishi and the others graduated.
Momo and co. got shops.
Eishi and Ringo are together.
OH MY GOD! RYOKO CUT HER HAiR!

And that was the end. My goodness. I can't believe it took me 4 months to finish this. I just ran out of gas by the 4th episode. Had to jump start my engine by watching something else then coming back to this. Anyway, another good season. Disappointed my waifu Sonoka didn't return. I hope Anne returns. I warmed up to her.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 25, 2021 1:00 PM

Apr 2013
When Souma asked Erina to become the director, I thought that was a joke. Isn't she like 16 or something? And the director of a huge school? Yeah right xD

Well I'm just glad this arc is finally over, already disliked it when it started last season. I found it to be quite illogical and it had a lot of boring moments. The last two episodes of the season were fine though and I'm glad those Central twats like Rindo and Tsukasa are finally gone for good. Production quality of this season was once again quite poor, if you watched this season after season 1 you wouldn't believe that they are made by the same studio. Hopefully they will improve again in the final fifth season, but I won't get my hopes up. 7/10 because I still like this series.
Nov 27, 2021 11:00 PM

Mar 2014
Nice epilogue to the series. All the new hairstyles and slight age-ups was a treat. I can't believe Megumi Rattatouille'd a guy in the end (and ended up with the "dead anime mom" hairstyle 😬) lol
Jan 1, 2022 11:48 PM

Jul 2012
Aww ending with the team shokugeki group photo. What a nice way to do it. Really feels like a conclusion to the story.
Apr 28, 2022 2:53 AM

Mar 2013
For me, this is a wonderful series altogether. It isn't that perfect but it is enjoyable nonetheless.
Great final episode. This 4th season for me is the only and final season that I will probably enjoy.

P.S. I really hoped they shouldn't have added another cliffhanger for the sake of another sequel. Such greediness is unfathomable.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 22, 2022 1:20 AM
Nov 2020
It was very good..
Mar 3, 2023 12:14 AM

Jul 2022
It's amazing how these last 2-3 episodes made me thrill

I wrote it because then I forget xd

Director.- Erina

1.- Souma (I was honestly surprised that after months of the battle he was still in first place.)

2.- Isshiki

3.- Kuga

4.- Hayama (I thought he would be in 2nd or 3rd place together with Ryou. Since he was a time-skip I don't know how to comment)

5.- Ryou

6.- Alice

7.- Takumi

8.- Eizan (It is indisputable that he is in this position, deserved and fair.)

9.- Nene

10.- Megumi (After this little presentation I couldn't be more proud of her, she remains in the ten advisors of totsuki.)
Apr 1, 2023 9:06 PM

Mar 2009
Enjoyed this season for Erina's character development. It was really nice to see the culmination of her growth after all these seasons. I'm glad she escaped from her shitty father.

Overall, a decent season. The clothes exploding is still dumb, but whatever. Oh, and Rindou is best girl.
Jul 12, 2023 11:33 AM

Jan 2021
Well that.... Was an ending...
Nov 6, 2023 4:20 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Great season. 8/10 for me

Surprised about Erina becoming the Director, I hope she still gets to enjoy her school years without too much work
Nov 6, 2023 4:21 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Reply to DZento
It's amazing how these last 2-3 episodes made me thrill

I wrote it because then I forget xd

Director.- Erina

1.- Souma (I was honestly surprised that after months of the battle he was still in first place.)

2.- Isshiki

3.- Kuga

4.- Hayama (I thought he would be in 2nd or 3rd place together with Ryou. Since he was a time-skip I don't know how to comment)

5.- Ryou

6.- Alice

7.- Takumi

8.- Eizan (It is indisputable that he is in this position, deserved and fair.)

9.- Nene

10.- Megumi (After this little presentation I couldn't be more proud of her, she remains in the ten advisors of totsuki.)
@DZento thank you! I was having a tough time remembering all the placements lol
Feb 14, 1:46 AM
Apr 2022
it is a very good season:)
Mar 25, 10:35 AM

Mar 2010
Hmm.. Aside from good Erina development it was all very predictable and a bit bland. I wasn't overly excited but I did binge it pretty much since it was really an easy nice watch after work. 7/10
I kinda miss the elaborate cooking info and lessons. The fanservice was funny tho but after a couple of fights I kinda felt yes yea I get it.

Wasnt bad though it's still a nice concept. I loved how they all found their place plus elite 10 as is. Erina sure makes a lovely director. I will watch the final season, but I still think the first 2 seasons were superb
Apr 13, 10:29 AM
Apr 2014
This season was kind of weird. Like the show was never very modest but they turned this into overdrive this season. Then what the fuck was that "gifting"... Felt completely out of place and was only there to show that Erinas father actually liked the taste of their dish. The entire show turned into something else with the appearance and dictatorship of Nakiri and I'm not sure I like the direction they went.

On top of that it was ridiculously repetitive. Of course the top ten studens of the school would perfect their techniques. Why do you keep repeating that. Every. Single. Time. Followed by surprised faces in the entire arena. At least this phenomenon was established for the dishes since s1ep1 but it was definitely getting annoying when they started to repeatedly scream in awe at how these people used their tools. "Oh no! A sushi chef known for exactly this has a perfect technique to prepare fish! who could have guessed?!". EXCEPT FOR ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE. And I'm ignoring the unrealistic nature of these for now. It's entertainment after all.

The worst of all is really how predictable it was. The last three rounds of this battle... if they had told us the exact match-ups in episode 1 I could have told you the exact outcome. It was almost saddening when it played out exactly like that in the end. I mean it is shounen so we knew the good guys would win but this was next-level predictability. At the start of each episode you knew exactly what was going to go down and who would win each round...

Anyway. Seeing all these comments how the hinted character is the start of a really bad arc have me not very enthusiastic about the final season. At the same time I was wondering what they intended to do anyway. Soma reached his goal. All that is left would be graduating and continuing to work in his family establishment or opening his own.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2019

64 by DrFeelGood887 »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:46 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2019

107 by aod-kun »»
Nov 6, 2023 3:45 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2019

69 by aod-kun »»
Nov 6, 2023 3:13 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2019

64 by Btnet »»
Nov 5, 2023 11:52 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

68 by aod-kun »»
Nov 2, 2023 5:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.