Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 8, 2019 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice, Takumi is at work again by cooking on some beef. I've been watching this guy in the competitions and he is a really someone to watch out for.

The rivalry between him and Eizan really heated up. I have to admit, they protrayed Eizan as a very intimidating individual. So many memeable faces
Nov 8, 2019 7:54 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
I swear Eizan makes the best faces ever. Even more so when he's filled with indignant rage!

Nov 8, 2019 10:14 AM

Aug 2013
Eizan showing off his skills, though Takumi was able to beat him.

I really wanted Megumi to win.

Nov 8, 2019 10:23 AM
Jan 2016
Poor Megumi, she did her best to beat Momo, but even with the last trumf she still lost! I feel bad for her!

Damn, Takumi let Eizan provocate him, and he didn't answer, Takumi tracked down that disgusting plans from Eizan and took advantage of that, and even created two dishes in a pizza!

Was awesome seeing Eizen losing once again!

Next episode is Souma, can't wait!
LimaolcNov 8, 2019 1:22 PM
Nov 8, 2019 10:31 AM

Jul 2019
God! How can you just let MY MEGUMI lose..
She deserved the win more than anyone... Yet.. Disappointed..
Nov 8, 2019 10:57 AM

Nov 2016
Best rape face ever xD

Poor Megumi, tho. I'm still proud of her.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 8, 2019 11:06 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Lol Megumi and Momo's match being visualised as a boxing match. Still Megumi's little sneak attack sure produced some impressive results. Though its unfortunate that it did not turn the tide. Just like Eizan to sue sabotage tactics. Still Takumi's match while being one of cooking also featured a surprising amount of cunning for both sides. Takumi's victory though impressive also showed just how much he had learned from past defeats and here was returned in kind to Eizan. A solid ep as always that combined both tension and some cunning moves on Megumi and Takumi's part. Can't wait to see how Soma gets on next ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2019 11:13 AM

May 2016
Megumi's loss left a bad taste in my mouth
but that Pizza sure looked delicious.

quercifolia said:
I swear Eizan makes the best faces ever. Even more so when he's filled with indignant rage!
You haven't seen Gin-chan making
that face with same voice... I wish I could add a pic but different forum. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nov 8, 2019 11:50 AM

May 2018
Jaz as we thought that Megumi will win, they suddenly pull the rug under us, SHIT!!!!!!

Good thing Aldini won.
Nov 8, 2019 11:52 AM

Feb 2014
Just like in the manga, Megumi's narrow defeat is hard to swallow. =(

She gave it her all, but she just fell at the final hurdle against Momo and although everyone in the rebel alliance praised Megumi for her efforts, she couldn't stop herself from crying out of sadness and frustration. The poor girl needs a hug...

At least their was two plus sides, though. The first was Shinomiya confirming that Megumi would be welcome at his Japanese branch of Shino's if she ever came calling. The second was that Momo, after her win, muttered Megumi's full name, in anger. Megumi might've lost, but the fact that Momo didn't used her tacky nickname for Megumi shows that she sees her as an equal.

As for Takumi, his fight against Eizan felt like a grudge match. Eizan boasted and taunted like a pathetic school bully as he presented his dish, but Takumi wasn't worried at all. With what he learned after his defeat to Subaru in the Fall Classic, Takumi went all stalker mode on Eizan and made his dish the perfect counterattack to Eizan.

The most satisfying part of the episode was seeing Eizan's extra-detailed face all upset that he got beat. Serves the bastard right! ^_^

Anyway, Soma is up next. His battle against Saito will be very tough.
Nov 8, 2019 12:28 PM

Jul 2013
It was such a bummer that Megumi ended losing after all her efforts, but Takumi's very deserved victory made the episode much better, especially since he hasn't shine much since the Mimasaka food match (that is the last time I remember him to have the spotlight at least). Eizan's rageface never disappoint either.
Nov 8, 2019 12:59 PM

Feb 2011
I usually don't mind exposition but damn it was getting out of hand after Takumi served his dish lol
Nov 8, 2019 1:03 PM

Jul 2017
Welp like with Kuga it was kinda obvious Megumi was gonna end up losing, either her or Takumi at least

Takumi redemption arc officially complete
Nov 8, 2019 1:32 PM

Apr 2013
Anne voted for Megumi tho that's a point that will be a tie or tiebreaker?
Nov 8, 2019 2:53 PM

Jul 2016
So sad that Megumi lost v_v. But at least she got a vote from Anne and also Takumi won! ^^ Hope to see how Souma does next week

the moms of the people who remove signatures are hœs
discord: Jotaakuu#8878

Nov 8, 2019 2:58 PM

Apr 2015
NOOOOO :(

As much as I would have loved to see Megumi win, she was against a very tough opponent. For a minute I thought Megumi was gonna hold back her tears when she would be alone, but it happened after Erina approached her. I am so proud of what she accomplished!! She got 1 point from Anne, which is more I could ever hope for! She did everything she could and pulled a nice surprise on the judges!

Eizan's facial expressions, they are back in full glory.. Oh it's so sweet when he gets beaten. Takumi really outdid himself there, learned from his defeats and actually had him in his pocket from the start! Great match!

Now waiting for Souma to win!
CeddyyBearrNov 9, 2019 1:58 AM
Nov 8, 2019 3:19 PM

Jan 2018
This episode was intense.

I didn't expected Megumi to lose :c, but i'm glad that Aldini won.

Nov 8, 2019 3:54 PM

May 2019
Geez. It took 5 episodes for someone to finally win, in this season.
I know people give shows flak when main characters win too much, but damn, a losing streak of 4 right at the beginning of the season was depressing.
Nov 8, 2019 5:17 PM

Oct 2012
Pretty disappointed about what they did to Megumi, she deserved to win more than Aldini whose meal was pretty much standard compared to the effort she put in in the last episode... It wasn't bad, just not suprising (and he had worse opponent too, character-wise, to emphasize his winning).

Meanwhile, Megumi hit her limits. Realistically, she can't do any better than that and if it still wasn't enough, her cooking battles in this series are literally over. I bet she will stay but only as support or comedy relief character.

I know in life sometimes effort is not enough but it's still let down compared to what's obviously coming next as Souma have to win by default.

At least the scene when she was crying in front of Erina was good - I liked how she was pretty much shocked by those emotion, froze in place, unable to offer her any kind words or hug due to her upbringing. It was just one small detail, but it emphasized well that Erina saw her failure as one of her own, something new she wasn't quite able to handle just yet.

Anyway, the next episode better be good becuase it would be even more disappointing if Souma just randomly beats his opponnent without any real struggle.
Nov 8, 2019 5:37 PM

Dec 2014
Aw, Megumi. I wanted her to win, she deserved it. :(

Takumi wrecking Eizan was pure awesome though. That said, Eizan's facial expressions are definitely the most amusing of the lot. xD
Nov 8, 2019 6:43 PM

Jan 2013
Cmon we all knew Megumi was going to lose no surprise there...She is still the same unconfident country bumpkin. She is good at home cooking.

Seriously a cheese pizza? cheezmode
VoooNov 8, 2019 6:54 PM
Nov 8, 2019 8:05 PM
Jun 2017
I feel sad for megumi losing this one.... but aldini's win made me happy... great job #TeamRebels #TeamMegumi , #TeamAldini...

up next #teamSoma... yeah
Nov 8, 2019 8:21 PM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Raizel said:
Megumi's loss left a bad taste in my mouth
but that Pizza sure looked delicious.

quercifolia said:
You haven't seen Gin-chan making
that face with same voice... I wish I could add a pic but different forum. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah Megumi's loss was really sad. Not entirely unexpected but, still, pretty heartbreaking really.

And yeah I definitely want to eat that pizza.. mmmmm

Oh yeah, Gintoki does have the best faces. Well Gintama in general has many great faces. (I should really get to watch that someday lol)

Nov 8, 2019 8:32 PM
Mar 2017
Megumi lost against Momo, but it doesn't matter because Anne voted in favor of Megumi and for me that is a personal victory for her, besides Souma and Takumi supported her 100%, but the best thing is that Momo felt defeated and she stops adding "nyan" to Megumi.

Shinomiya seems to have softened, I am excited by the idea that Megumi perfects herself under the tutelage of the legumes chef.

Now it's Takumi's turn to shine in the kitchen and Eizan seems to be planning something dirty to sabotage the pizza that Takumi prepares, but I never thought that this filthy bastard would go as far as cooking a dish that altered the taste of the dish that Takumi will prepare.
The faces that Eizan puts are repulsive, I always laugh every time this fool boasts of his superiority, but unfortunately Eizan's strategy does not affect Takumi's determination and he presents his pizza without regrets and to prove it Takumi asks the judges to eat the side with Shigureni and the bookmans are shocked to feel the taste despite having eaten Eizan's plate with the excessive amount of artichokes.
Takumi took several steps to Eizan and tracked him like Mimasaka, but the evaluation was not over and when the judges tried the other half of the pizza, the bookmans were in ecstasy with the incredible combination, the foodgasm was especially delicious with Anne enjoying the pizza and this was the closing of Eizan's defeat, the face of this scum was glorious, you could feel the humiliation he felt.

Now with a defeat and a victory, it remains only for Souma to finish his plate and face Saitou, but with what surprise Souma will find when Saitou presents his dish?
Nov 8, 2019 8:33 PM

Jul 2014
Noooooooooooooooo Megumi lost :'(

I am sad that she lost but I am not sad that she lost to Momo, the third seat and dessert expert. It was great to see Momo acknowledge her by saying her full name and that she wasn't cute.

On the other hand... Fuck yeah, Eizan lost! :D
Nov 8, 2019 8:54 PM

Mar 2018
What a pleasant surprise to see Tadakoro lose even though she presented last.
I feel bad for her tho

Aldini pulled a good one there. And now I want a taste of that quattro formaggi pizza

Eizan's face at the end was the best xd

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Nov 8, 2019 10:03 PM

Jan 2016
i like how the hentai protaganist of this show have minimal dialouges.
DustyGirlNov 8, 2019 10:10 PM
Nov 8, 2019 11:30 PM
Apr 2018
I personally do not like my waifu as a weak character.
MEGUMI is neither Cute nor Sexy at all. Even side characters seems decent, take ALICE for example. Some even favours ALICE as their waifu.
Not, taking ERINA as an example, because she shows me all her CUTE & SEXY expressions & that's how WAIFU should be.
If Megumi were a little bold, it would be good. But, that's how it is.
Nov 9, 2019 12:04 AM

Dec 2015
The other girl was clearly pissed since she didn't call Tadokoro "cute" anymore. (Which she - as explained - uses for people weaker than her.) Getting a 2-1 score (with 1 for Tadokoro) was impressive considering the other girl was pretty high ranked.
Nov 9, 2019 12:08 AM

Jul 2019
At least she got secretly acknowledged by Momo - not too bad of an outcome in this match-up.

Aldini finally having a strong moment again. Feels good. Though, I really wanted him to stick out his tongue and make an ugly face like Mimasakaa fter using his trace.
Nov 9, 2019 12:34 AM

Oct 2018
this is getting kinda boring. too much fight. :'(
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Nov 9, 2019 2:21 AM

Jun 2014
I refreshed my memory regarding Megumi's secret ingredient prior to this episode since I had forgotten and I didn't want to wait, and while checking out the manga again, I noticed that in the manga, Takumi and Eizan's dishes were presented first, followed by Momo and Megumi. I mean rearrangements aren't a big deal, nor are they something this series hasn't done before, but I just found that interesting that they switched up the presentation orders.

Anyway, a lot of people seemed to think that Megumi had a realistic chance of winning, but it was pretty obvious she was bound to lose. It sucks since this would have been a nice victory for her but I assumed another sweep of Elite 10 members would have been too much, so I figured one of them would lose and of course it was unfortunately Megumi. At least Takumi managed to get a win though, and lol he's basically like Mimasaka now.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 9, 2019 4:46 AM

Dec 2014
well hmm... aldini win hmm nice I guess
Nov 9, 2019 7:25 AM

Oct 2017
Takumi my man, not only did he saw through Eizan's plan but he also used them to boost the taste of his dish, he really has grown a lot. Also too bad for Megumi, she lost.
Nov 9, 2019 9:06 AM

Apr 2011
Great episode! It's Soma's turn next week.

Nov 9, 2019 11:02 AM

Jul 2019
I felt so sad for Megumi. She did her best... At least, Takumi was amazing in this episode!
Life is a despicable endurance race
Nov 9, 2019 3:25 PM
Aug 2017
Aldini vs Eizan was really good!
I'd even say thats the Zenit of this series.
The next match is also good. But then its slighlty falling apart.
Nov 9, 2019 8:20 PM
Mar 2015
In your face artichoke boy Stick them where the sun don't shine
Nov 9, 2019 10:02 PM

Oct 2008
GRRR! why did Megumi lost against that shorty top 3!!?!?!
but this was balanced by the overwhelming total win of Aldini againe Eizan!
if not because Mimasaka won against Aldini, Aldini would have not come this far!
now we wait for out MC Souma's rice dish to even it out the score...But still the store still is not even because all lost in the first batch, and souma 2nd batch is already 1 loss...i guess they'll save it for the glorious salvation of our goddess Erina-SAMA!!!
5/5.

Nov 10, 2019 12:09 AM

May 2018
Sadly Megumi lose, but then rebel finally won thanks to Aldini. Eizan plan was great actually, but Aldini knew it from the start and take advantage of it. Nice battle as always, Soma is the only one left.

Nov 10, 2019 12:43 AM
Aug 2019
Mich666 said:
Pretty disappointed about what they did to Megumi, she deserved to win more than Aldini whose meal was pretty much standard compared to the effort she put in in the last episode... It wasn't bad, just not suprising (and he had worse opponent too, character-wise, to emphasize his winning).

Meanwhile, Megumi hit her limits. Realistically, she can't do any better than that and if it still wasn't enough, her cooking battles in this series are literally over. I bet she will stay but only as support or comedy relief character.

I know in life sometimes effort is not enough but it's still let down compared to what's obviously coming next as Souma have to win by default.

At least the scene when she was crying in front of Erina was good - I liked how she was pretty much shocked by those emotion, froze in place, unable to offer her any kind words or hug due to her upbringing. It was just one small detail, but it emphasized well that Erina saw her failure as one of her own, something new she wasn't quite able to handle just yet.

Anyway, the next episode better be good becuase it would be even more disappointing if Souma just randomly beats his opponnent without any real struggle.

Her opponent is 3rd seat and the theme is apple. Clearly she would stand no chance to beat the master of the sweet food with apple, especially when she only trained for what? Not even a month
Nov 10, 2019 1:23 AM
May 2019
quercifolia said:

He really annoys me. Infinitely LOL

Vooo said:
Cmon we all knew Megumi was going to lose no surprise there...She is still the same unconfident country bumpkin. She is good at home cooking.

Seriously a cheese pizza? cheezmode

Honestly, I knew Megumi was going to lose, too, but I think she's far from her 'unconfident country bumpkin' mode now. I think she's become more confident in her cooking recently! She's just reached her limit, and also, Momo was just too good. I knew Momo wasn't going to lose at her specialty.

Best part is, Momo actually acknowledged Megumi after their battle by calling her Megumi Tadokoro rather than Megu-myan. I love the subtle shift in nerves/tone there.

Also, cheese pizza is the best and I'm proud of Takumi for making it lol Before this episode started, I had no doubt in my mind that Takumi would win.
Nov 10, 2019 2:57 AM

May 2015
It's always nice to see eizan get rekted.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 10, 2019 6:35 AM
Jul 2018
Mr. Aldini channeling his inner Light Yagami mode.

Aim1rR said:
NiceO Aldini, I want to go to the Italy to eat that pizza :) 5/5

Same here.

As a fan of pizza (top 5 food of all time imo) this episode was delightful.
Nov 10, 2019 3:28 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
On a total sidenote, Aldini's end scene where he shuts his fist and it makes a satisfying clap. How??
Nov 10, 2019 8:56 PM

Jan 2013
I'm really sad that Megumi lost :/ Feel bad for her.

Aldini being so badass! What a dish!

Now Souma, it's your turn! 2-1
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 10, 2019 9:06 PM
May 2019
I don’t think people realize this but Momo acually said Megumi’s full name. And according to the last episode she usually does not do that. She adds the abbreviation at the end of peoples names she see’s as lower. Also she did not win 3-0 causing her to realize that Megumi put up a fight that she was not expecting. Also Megumi seems like she showed that the master of sweets Momo can be defeated. This also proves that Megumi as a chef is just as formidable as Aldini or Soma. She just has her own talents and works extremely hard to prove she still belongs. With this said it is disappointing she lost, but she is a character i want to still see more of in the anime. Now Erina i want to see her a lot more and how her relationship with everyone (mainly Soma) evolves. Though it is not a romance anime seeing those two could change the Shokugeki forever with more teams and showing that those two the best chefs are ment to be. I feel that going into the relationships of everyone is a little off the animes type, but it would be interesting. Overall this anime is something I’m looking forward to every Saturday and can’t wait to see how it all turns out.
Nov 11, 2019 2:23 AM

Jul 2013
Takumi used blue cheese on his pizza? That shit is disgusting. Really. Anyway, now that he won, and Megumi lost, I'm sure Soma would win so they win this round.
Nov 11, 2019 10:36 AM

Nov 2009
Awww... Megumi lost ;(

well, that's kinda expected tho, since Megumi is literally the most normal person in this entire series' of Chefs... lol

Also, that pizza at the end... I want to eat that, it looks really delicious.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Nov 17, 2019 5:13 PM

Jan 2011
Aye, that was a good showing from Takumi.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

169 by Nanashi »»
Apr 13, 10:29 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2019

64 by DrFeelGood887 »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:46 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2019

107 by aod-kun »»
Nov 6, 2023 3:45 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2019

69 by aod-kun »»
Nov 6, 2023 3:13 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2019

64 by Btnet »»
Nov 5, 2023 11:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.