Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 2, 2020 1:13 AM
Aug 2017
Good shit, i love their new look. Whos that mysterious character at the end doe
Dec 18, 2020 4:55 PM
Mar 2016
Azami Nakiri should get punched in the face!
I know it's a cooking anime, I'm not satisfied with scolding him with food taste only, and I don't care about his dark past or his stupid circumstances!

I hope I could see more humiliation for him when I watch next season soon.
Feb 26, 2021 10:45 AM
Jan 2020
I saw Souma being the 1st seat but Erina the director? haha that was a surprise!
overall great season 8/10
Feb 27, 2021 3:52 PM
Nov 2018
Great season and an great ending too. This season had tons of funny foodgasm and I enjoyed the battle. I still don't like Erina father. I love the new look towards the end.

9/10
Mar 9, 2021 10:25 AM
Oct 2019
I like Food Wars, and this season was enjoyable. But it clearly wasn't as good as the first few

Mainly, I think the coup by Erina's father completely derailed the overall story. It started in the prior season(s?), obviously, and I just kind of rolled with it, hoping it would round into form. But it never did.

It lacks all of the fun "teaching" and non-food war battle experimentation/learning scenes. It also cut out a lot of the cooking technique commentary that happened during the food wars and replaced it with even more over-the-top "endowment" fanservice scenes. That's a noticeable drop in quality

Seriously, the whole reason for the coup by Erina's father is because he was in love with Joichiro and was heartbroken when he left school? That was ~20 years ago, GET. OVER. IT. And that Erina's father so easily made the #1 seat into his pawn is just stupid. The whole thing is just bad writing

7/10
Jul 13, 2021 6:43 PM

Jul 2017
And the 4th season's done now for me again. This episode was pretty good and honestly, SHOULD have been the finale to the franchise, in anime/manga form. At least anime since JC could have stopped the abomination of a 5th season from happening with an original ending. But alas, Asahi showed up in the final few seconds and all I can think is, "Lord, have mercy." Will also say though, visually a lot of the newer designs for the grown up Totsuki students looks pretty off for me I have to say, didn't draw them well at all.

In regards to this season, while the 11th episode was fun and this episode had a wholesome vibe to it with some real nostalgia, seeing characters blossom to these Elite Ten spots and Soma being the 1st seat and Erina the fucking director of the whole Academy, the actual season itself was an abomination sadly. The pacing was dreadful, the animation got even worse and lazier and was so bad that I felt slightly sick watching the panning shots and had to take some medicine to just feel a bit better. Not to mention, the insanely predictable results and matches from start to finish and the dishes being a lot more absurd, and the cooking competitions being a lot less interesting to watch. And the reaction shots being really bland. Just so many complaints. A few good things happened, but not even close to enough to save such a boring and flat season. 2/10.
Jul 13, 2021 8:22 PM

Dec 2012
lol How Anne get her clothes back?
Azami leaves.
Jouichiro and Gin.
The effects wore off.
Souma's taking the 1st seat?
New director? Senzaemon doesn't want it.
Erina? Also, dat oppai.
Sa-chan.
Eishi and the others graduated.
Momo and co. got shops.
Eishi and Ringo are together.
OH MY GOD! RYOKO CUT HER HAiR!

And that was the end. My goodness. I can't believe it took me 4 months to finish this. I just ran out of gas by the 4th episode. Had to jump start my engine by watching something else then coming back to this. Anyway, another good season. Disappointed my waifu Sonoka didn't return. I hope Anne returns. I warmed up to her.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 25, 2021 1:00 PM

Apr 2013
When Souma asked Erina to become the director, I thought that was a joke. Isn't she like 16 or something? And the director of a huge school? Yeah right xD

Well I'm just glad this arc is finally over, already disliked it when it started last season. I found it to be quite illogical and it had a lot of boring moments. The last two episodes of the season were fine though and I'm glad those Central twats like Rindo and Tsukasa are finally gone for good. Production quality of this season was once again quite poor, if you watched this season after season 1 you wouldn't believe that they are made by the same studio. Hopefully they will improve again in the final fifth season, but I won't get my hopes up. 7/10 because I still like this series.
Nov 27, 2021 11:00 PM

Mar 2014
Nice epilogue to the series. All the new hairstyles and slight age-ups was a treat. I can't believe Megumi Rattatouille'd a guy in the end (and ended up with the "dead anime mom" hairstyle šŸ˜¬) lol
Jan 1, 2022 11:48 PM

Jul 2012
Aww ending with the team shokugeki group photo. What a nice way to do it. Really feels like a conclusion to the story.
Apr 28, 2022 2:53 AM

Mar 2013
For me, this is a wonderful series altogether. It isn't that perfect but it is enjoyable nonetheless.
Great final episode. This 4th season for me is the only and final season that I will probably enjoy.

P.S. I really hoped they shouldn't have added another cliffhanger for the sake of another sequel. Such greediness is unfathomable.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 22, 2022 1:20 AM
Nov 2020
It was very good..
Mar 3, 2023 12:14 AM

Jul 2022
It's amazing how these last 2-3 episodes made me thrill

I wrote it because then I forget xd

Director.- Erina

1.- Souma (I was honestly surprised that after months of the battle he was still in first place.)

2.- Isshiki

3.- Kuga

4.- Hayama (I thought he would be in 2nd or 3rd place together with Ryou. Since he was a time-skip I don't know how to comment)

5.- Ryou

6.- Alice

7.- Takumi

8.- Eizan (It is indisputable that he is in this position, deserved and fair.)

9.- Nene

10.- Megumi (After this little presentation I couldn't be more proud of her, she remains in the ten advisors of totsuki.)
Apr 1, 2023 9:06 PM

Mar 2009
Enjoyed this season for Erina's character development. It was really nice to see the culmination of her growth after all these seasons. I'm glad she escaped from her shitty father.

Overall, a decent season. The clothes exploding is still dumb, but whatever. Oh, and Rindou is best girl.
Jul 12, 2023 11:33 AM

Jan 2021
Well that.... Was an ending...
Nov 6, 2023 4:20 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Great season. 8/10 for me

Surprised about Erina becoming the Director, I hope she still gets to enjoy her school years without too much work
Nov 6, 2023 4:21 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Reply to DZento
It's amazing how these last 2-3 episodes made me thrill

I wrote it because then I forget xd

Director.- Erina

1.- Souma (I was honestly surprised that after months of the battle he was still in first place.)

2.- Isshiki

3.- Kuga

4.- Hayama (I thought he would be in 2nd or 3rd place together with Ryou. Since he was a time-skip I don't know how to comment)

5.- Ryou

6.- Alice

7.- Takumi

8.- Eizan (It is indisputable that he is in this position, deserved and fair.)

9.- Nene

10.- Megumi (After this little presentation I couldn't be more proud of her, she remains in the ten advisors of totsuki.)
@DZento thank you! I was having a tough time remembering all the placements lol
Feb 14, 1:46 AM
Apr 2022
it is a very good season:)
Mar 25, 10:35 AM

Mar 2010
Hmm.. Aside from good Erina development it was all very predictable and a bit bland. I wasn't overly excited but I did binge it pretty much since it was really an easy nice watch after work. 7/10
I kinda miss the elaborate cooking info and lessons. The fanservice was funny tho but after a couple of fights I kinda felt yes yea I get it.

Wasnt bad though it's still a nice concept. I loved how they all found their place plus elite 10 as is. Erina sure makes a lovely director. I will watch the final season, but I still think the first 2 seasons were superb
Apr 13, 10:29 AM
Apr 2014
This season was kind of weird. Like the show was never very modest but they turned this into overdrive this season. Then what the fuck was that "gifting"... Felt completely out of place and was only there to show that Erinas father actually liked the taste of their dish. The entire show turned into something else with the appearance and dictatorship of Nakiri and I'm not sure I like the direction they went.

On top of that it was ridiculously repetitive. Of course the top ten studens of the school would perfect their techniques. Why do you keep repeating that. Every. Single. Time. Followed by surprised faces in the entire arena. At least this phenomenon was established for the dishes since s1ep1 but it was definitely getting annoying when they started to repeatedly scream in awe at how these people used their tools. "Oh no! A sushi chef known for exactly this has a perfect technique to prepare fish! who could have guessed?!". EXCEPT FOR ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE. And I'm ignoring the unrealistic nature of these for now. It's entertainment after all.

The worst of all is really how predictable it was. The last three rounds of this battle... if they had told us the exact match-ups in episode 1 I could have told you the exact outcome. It was almost saddening when it played out exactly like that in the end. I mean it is shounen so we knew the good guys would win but this was next-level predictability. At the start of each episode you knew exactly what was going to go down and who would win each round...

Anyway. Seeing all these comments how the hinted character is the start of a really bad arc have me not very enthusiastic about the final season. At the same time I was wondering what they intended to do anyway. Soma reached his goal. All that is left would be graduating and continuing to work in his family establishment or opening his own.
Apr 25, 5:29 AM
Feb 2024
my old favorite anime
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2019

64 by DrFeelGood887 »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:46 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2019

107 by aoo-kun »»
Nov 6, 2023 3:45 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2019

69 by aoo-kun »»
Nov 6, 2023 3:13 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2019

64 by Btnet »»
Nov 5, 2023 11:52 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

68 by aoo-kun »»
Nov 2, 2023 5:49 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.