Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 15, 2019 12:37 PM

May 2016
How patriotic are you about your own country? If so what is your reasoning for being so patriotic if you have one? Do you like to show your pride in your country?

As for me, I love my country and love to show it. My country has done bad things and some people in power right now may not be the smartest. However, I love what my country stands for. I would gladly die for the ideals it is founded on.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 15, 2019 12:38 PM

Nov 2017
Im quite patriotic about my country. But im extremely patriotic about my city.

plz @ me
Oct 15, 2019 12:52 PM

Mar 2019
Every single country on the planet is a mess of fake prætention, and nation, tradition and culture is nothing but idiotic ideas that thoughtless men continue for no other reason than that their parents did it.

My country — like every other — stands for "a government that keeps its people willfully ignorant with empty promises of enlightenment and rights that exist not, drenched in the blind following of outdated cultural ideas that any rational man would have discarded on first inspection" — nothing to have even the slightest bit of pride in, or loyalty towards.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Oct 15, 2019 12:54 PM

Dec 2015
I live in the best country of the world so of course I am. ARRIBA ESPAÑA
하나님
Oct 15, 2019 12:55 PM

Jul 2007
It's an utter shithole that should be deleted.
Oct 15, 2019 12:56 PM

Jan 2009
patriotism - pride from some of your countries stuff but criticize its faults
nationalism - pride of all your countries stuff even the bad stuffs

so i maybe patriotic in a way too but i try not to cross the nationalism level
thats why i hate those pinoy pride stuff
Oct 15, 2019 12:57 PM

Sep 2011
I love my country but that doesnt mean I'm blind to our failings and especially how corrupt our government is.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 15, 2019 12:58 PM

Oct 2012
Oh gee, it's basically illegal to be a patriot here. The past has fucked us up. If you're a patriot, you're basically a nazi.
So no, I'm not a patriot at all.
Dark, guilty past and stuff.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Oct 15, 2019 1:13 PM

Mar 2014
the day where individuals devote all their life for the landowner has been expired. now is the time for individuals to devote all their life for their aspirations, dreams and passions. just let your heart guides you, humans.
Oct 15, 2019 1:35 PM
Aug 2016
I hate my country and all the shit happening here with a burning passion. The only thing that I like are the landscapes. Everything else is shit, the people, the mentality, everything. If I were to go to war and fight for my country, I would probably be the traitor and try to exterminate everything that is here and just befriend the enemy. I wish I was born somewhere else. After I die, if I were to be reincarnated, I want to be born in some other country.
Oct 15, 2019 1:52 PM

Jun 2016
My country is a joke but at least we have bomb ass kebab thanks to Turkish immigrants.
Oct 15, 2019 2:13 PM

Jun 2019
Not at all. America is a shit country and it always will be. I like my city though.
Oct 15, 2019 2:14 PM

May 2019
I'm patriotic in that I want what's best for my country, want my country to be the best, and would fight for it if I thought it was under legitimate threat. That said, I feel like everyone is far too complacent in thinking we'll always be the most important super power when the shifting tides show that the opposite is inevitable. I am also under no impression that all our military action is for the general good. When I see the UK unironically talk about whether they'll have a hard or soft brexit, as if their tiny island nations have any negotiating power compared to the EU, I see a country that was once a super power with its people in complete denial of that fact, and it's a pitiable sight. I think that's the future of the American public.
Oct 15, 2019 2:21 PM

Jul 2014
I find the history thoroughly interesting, want what I feel is best for its citizens and am fond of its societal idiosyncrasies but that's the extent of it. I'm no nationalist and, as a matter of fact, I'm not particularly big on the concept of nations. I just see them as arbitrary lines drawn on maps.
Take care of yourself

Oct 15, 2019 2:35 PM

Feb 2019
Outside of the FIFA World Cup, not at all, I couldn't care less about being patriotic.
Oct 15, 2019 3:12 PM

Jul 2019
I'm very patriotic and nationalistic

Oct 15, 2019 3:17 PM

Oct 2015
Patriotism/Nationalism is a stupid notion for insignificant people to feel significant using their blood ties or the land in which they happened to be born.

No one should elevate themselves or regard themselves highly by things other than their own earned achievements if they want to be taken seriously.
Oct 15, 2019 3:24 PM

Mar 2019
From a purely objective standpoint, I believe my country has a higher quality of life than the majority of the world. We have a strong economy, we are a liberal democracy that usually respects the rights of our citizens and citizens of other countries, we don't experience famine or contagious diseases killing people off. Everyone has internet, heating, and air conditioning. I also think we play an extremely pivotal role in producing the majority of the world's entertainment which makes me like it more. The US is the entertainment/cultural capital of the world.

However, I think people who claim the US has to be #1 in all things are silly. When you get to 1st world developed countries, for the most part, its all about give and take of some things will be better than in other countries and other things will be worse. Among first world countries, it tends to have more to do with whether you relate to certain countries mentality than whether its objectively better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2019 3:27 PM

Mar 2019
Flevalt said:
I used to be a globalist when I was younger.
So against national borders and for a single centralized entity to rule the planet.
I also viewed nations pretty much like Sphinxter does: As obsolete nonsense.

I would call myself patriotic nowadays.
Although a true patriot would call people like myself coward for running off to another country instead of "holding the front" to fight in such dire times.
So I'm not really worth calling a patriot in that sense.

I think a centralized single entity ruling over the world would be great.

That is, if that single, centralized entity were robots. Robots should be assigned as the caretakers and rulers of humanity. They'd be much better at ruling us than we are.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2019 3:56 PM

May 2016
No, I don't hold any pride towards any piece of land, as it is nothing more than a piece of land.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Oct 15, 2019 4:04 PM

May 2019
Ryuk9428 said:
Flevalt said:
So against national borders and for a single centralized entity to rule the planet.

Although a true patriot would call people like myself coward for running off to another country instead of "holding the front" to fight in such dire times.

That is, if that single, centralized entity were robots. Robots should be assigned as the caretakers and rulers of humanity. They'd be much better at ruling us than we are.

My preferred end is we fuse with the machines like this shit was ghost in the shell.
Oct 15, 2019 4:06 PM

Aug 2014
My parents, grandparents, uncle, etc. were in the military. My father did top secret military research. A sense of patriotism was instilled in me from a young age. However, I'm not sure if I would call myself patriotic. For every thing I like about my country, there are plenty of things that disgust me.

It doesn't feel right calling the US the "freest country" when (proportionally speaking) we have the highest prison population. (And over 90% of those 2,000,000+ people were locked up, in many cases for life, for non-violent offenses...which is completely inexcusable and unforgivable.) I am strongly opposed to many US policies, especially when it comes to it depriving people across the world of their liberties and very lives. But many other nations are just as bad or even worse overall, so...meh.

Ryuk9428 said:
Everyone has internet, heating, and air conditioning.

There isn't a nation on Earth with that luxury. A high percentage may have those, but everyone in the US? Nah. There are millions of Americans without one or more of those things.

In this house, we (only my brother and I live here) haven't installed air conditioners. (I miss central air.) We leave the furnace in the basement turned off or at minimum, since it's so expensive, especially when combating subzero winter temperatures here. In my bedroom (where I spend most of my time nowadays), I use a fan in hot weather and a portable heater when it's cold.

Ryuk9428 said:

I concur that they hold the potential to rule humans to a greater extent than any human could: they'd rule us right into extinction. Many of the most knowledgeable experts in the relevant fields believe that robots and/or AI would kill us if given enough capability and power.

Even if this is incorrect, fully centralized power over the entire world is a recipe for disaster, and you have no way of knowing whether the control core (so to speak) would respect (or even give consideration to) human rights. Plus there are a million and one things that could go wrong.
Oct 15, 2019 4:14 PM
Feb 2017
Flevalt said:

If only the Pangea of countries was possible. 7 billion people under one rule, what could go wrong?
Oct 15, 2019 4:20 PM

Jan 2017
AxxLife said:
Not at all. America is a shit country and it always will be. I like my city though.
Only post 60's America is a shitty country, with post 2001 upping the downward spiral. The american dream is dead but that doesn't mean the founding of the US isn't a miracle and the golden age of the days after. A majority of the world owes the US for an exponential amount of progress and even to this day countries are taking ideas from the US in all forms [looking at you Australia]. The US to this day is still a strong nation but it's lost it's way. We can continue the downward spiral by letting warmongers in or we can get off that path and make something worthwhile in the future, nothing is set in stone.
Oct 15, 2019 4:23 PM
May 2016
Yes, Sweden is one of the best countries
Oct 15, 2019 4:24 PM

Jan 2017
Flevalt said:

I'd say I'm pretty biased since I ran away from the US to Australia but I still consider myself a true patriot. There's no reason to fight a uphill battle that was brought upon by idiots and snakes when there's no goal in sight, let alone sacrificing personal ambition and opportunities. However you can sure as hell bet if the time called for it I'd be there.
Oct 15, 2019 4:32 PM

Mar 2014
Of course I'm not, lol. I'm not the king, and there are no noble leaders left, so why should I be?
SawilagarOct 15, 2019 4:39 PM
“Loddfafnir, listen to my counsel: You will fare well if you follow it, It will help you much if you heed it. If aware that another is wicked, say so: Make no truce or treaty with foes.” - Havamal 127
Oct 15, 2019 4:36 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
I don't care much about any political territory in particular.
Oct 15, 2019 4:50 PM

Mar 2011
In the sense my patriotism may take the form of atleasting attempting to make it better, though being sensitive to how/what better does to others.

@Cneq Pre-60s was pretty "shit" too
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Oct 15, 2019 4:53 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty much nonexistent. Not because I personally hate it or think other countries are better, I just don't care either way. I stand for pretty much nothing.
Oct 15, 2019 5:08 PM

Jan 2017
Silverstorm said:
In the sense my patriotism may take the form of atleasting attempting to make it better, though being sensitive to how/what better does to others.

Care to give some examples? Every countries has issues but in the US's case things started to take a turn for the worse when the government made stupid decisions like Vietnam.
Oct 15, 2019 5:14 PM

Jan 2017
Ryuk9428 said:
Flevalt said:

Man I seriously hope people with your type of thinking NEVER get into politics lmao I'd like to keep our species alive at least until we reach mars. We couldn't do much when we're in our cagies for optimal "prosperity" as deemed necessary by our robotic overlords.
Oct 15, 2019 5:16 PM

Dec 2016
Cneq said:
Silverstorm said:

Care to give some examples? Every countries has issues but in the US's case things started to take a turn for the worse when the government made stupid decisions like Vietnam.

The worst part about Vietnam was, we broke our promise and meddled in an internal matter. When China was just waiting for an opportunity to attack them all along. We could have came out looking like saints.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Vietnamese_War
Oct 15, 2019 5:18 PM

Mar 2019
SadMadoka said:
My parents, grandparents, uncle, etc. were in the military. My father did top secret military research. A sense of patriotism was instilled in me from a young age. However, I'm not sure if I would call myself patriotic. For every thing I like about my country, there are plenty of things that disgust me.

It doesn't feel right calling the US the "freest country" when (proportionally speaking) we have the highest prison population. (And over 90% of those 2,000,000+ people were locked up, in many cases for life, for non-violent offenses...which is completely inexcusable and unforgivable.) I am strongly opposed to many US policies, especially when it comes to it depriving people across the world of their liberties and very lives. But many other nations are just as bad or even worse overall, so...meh.

Ryuk9428 said:
Everyone has internet, heating, and air conditioning.

There isn't a nation on Earth with that luxury. A high percentage may have those, but everyone in the US? Nah. There are millions of Americans without one or more of those things.

In this house, we (only my brother and I live here) haven't installed air conditioners. (I miss central air.) We leave the furnace in the basement turned off or at minimum, since it's so expensive, especially when combating subzero winter temperatures here. In my bedroom (where I spend most of my time nowadays), I use a fan in hot weather and a portable heater when it's cold.

Ryuk9428 said:

I concur that they hold the potential to rule humans to a greater extent than any human could: they'd rule us right into extinction. Many of the most knowledgeable experts in the relevant fields believe that robots and/or AI would kill us if given enough capability and power.

Even if this is incorrect, fully centralized power over the entire world is a recipe for disaster, and you have no way of knowing whether the control core (so to speak) would respect (or even give consideration to) human rights. Plus there are a million and one things that could go wrong.

That assumes they have a reason to kill us though. Who's to say they will have a reason to do so?
Oct 15, 2019 5:21 PM

Mar 2019
Cneq said:
Ryuk9428 said:

Man I seriously hope people with your type of thinking NEVER get into politics lmao I'd like to keep our species alive at least until we reach mars. We couldn't do much when we're in our cagies for optimal "prosperity" as deemed necessary by our robotic overlords.

Have you ever analyzed how a dog lives? Doesn't it sound pretty fucking nice? You literally have everything provided for you and don't need to do anything. Your only job is to be cute and enjoy yourself.

I have no desire to go into politics, way too stressful, too much work, I've said way too many things on the internet at this point that would catapult my career into oblivion. The last thing I want to do is be in a position of power or in the public eye.
Ryuk9428Oct 15, 2019 5:30 PM
Oct 15, 2019 5:22 PM

Nov 2013
I'm pretty sure I'm not alone on this, but I'd like to think of myself as more objective based rather than tied to the sentiments purely based on where I am born

However, I think when it comes down to it, like at an international competition, I would more than likely to root for my own country.

Kinda like the patriotism is hidden in the subconscious
WHEN IT RAINS, IT POURS.
Oct 15, 2019 5:30 PM

Mar 2011
Cneq said:
The closet-era of the 50's --economically balanced sure but socially inequitable to a large number of the polity through various forms of disenfranchisement, Korean-war, racism in the 40s with legal lynchings, destitution of elderly of the 40s, and impoverishment through the 20s. A few highlights of the decades before, though could point to more in each decade..
Oct 15, 2019 5:36 PM
Jul 2018
On the middle ground, I'd say. There are much worse countries to live in and I know that. Still there is a lot that could be much better.
Also I really appreciate the nature and landscape aspects, it's really relaxing to make holidays i the woods at a clear lake etc. but politics are a joke in my eyes and I don't like some of the attitude of the people.
Oct 15, 2019 5:44 PM

Jan 2017
Ryuk9428 said:
Cneq said:

Have you ever analyzed how a dog lives? Doesn't it sound pretty fucking nice? You literally have everything provided for you and don't need to do anything. Your only job is to enjoy yourself.

I have no desire to go into politics, way too stressful, too much work, I've said way too many things on the internet at this point that would catapult my career into oblivion. The last thing I want to do is be in a position of power or in the public eye.
Nah man, that certainly sounds like the worse thing that could happen to a human lol It literally saps the humanity out of everything that makes someone human. The reason life is such a great thing is because of the struggle and the hope for better things, what's the point in living or trying when everything is provided for you? Not to mention in the case of a central power providing everything for you most likely you would only get what was necessary to live and if said central power was human or an AI that somehow understands human emotion the bare minimum to sustain mental health as well.

This applies to people who are overly rich as well, when you own everything/can do anything nothing is valuable anymore, so what is the point of living? This is why people kill themselves despite being so wealthy and I'd go as far as to say wealth is one of the factors of this. There needs to be a middle ground for someone to truly feel like they're alive, not too poor and not too wealthy. Thankfully in the case of some extremely wealthy people they seek to do the impossible and progress humanity, since everything else is a means to a end. That in itself is a great example of what makes us human.

To be honest if humanity was in complete control of a centralized power we wouldn't even need them to extinct us, we'd do it ourselves lmao However I'm sure we'd all be indoctrinated and have no clue what "humanity" even was to begin with.

Can I ask what made you think like this? I'm seriously curious lol I grew up in a extremely low income single parent household where even my hispanic friends were more wealthy [despite for some reason people thinking white people can't be poor] and I can't even fathom how someone would enjoy having everything handed to them despite for the quick dopamine intake. I've come a long way since then and the reason life is so enjoyable is due to the fact that anything is possible [with some lucky circumstances of course, or god, whatever you prefer]. The mindset of thinking a life devoid of all the things that make us human and be treated like mere animals is such a 180 that I can't even fathom how you arrived at that point.
Oct 15, 2019 5:46 PM

Jan 2017
Silverstorm said:
Cneq said:
The closet-era of the 50's --economically balanced sure but socially inequitable to a large number of the polity through various forms of disenfranchisement, Korean-war, racism in the 40s with legal lynchings, destitution of elderly of the 40s, and impoverishment through the 20s. A few highlights of the decades before, though could point to more in each decade..
Most of these aren't issues unique to the US though, they are issues of the era. [with some countries being even worse in some cases].
Oct 15, 2019 5:48 PM

Mar 2011
Cneq said:
Silverstorm said:
Most of these aren't issues unique to the US though, they are issues of the era. [with some countries being even worse in some cases].
Just cause it happened everyone else doesn't mean it wasn't shitty though
Oct 15, 2019 5:54 PM

Jan 2017
Silverstorm said:
Cneq said:
Yes no kidding. We were talking about individual countries though, if you want to think every country in the world is a piece of shit then whatever floats your boat lol
Oct 15, 2019 5:57 PM

Mar 2011
Cneq said:
Silverstorm said:
Yes no kidding. We were talking about individual countries though, if you want to think every country in the world is a piece of shit then whatever floats your boat lol
But I was commenting on one, so whatever you say lol
Oct 15, 2019 6:02 PM

Mar 2019
Cneq said:
Ryuk9428 said:

Have you ever analyzed how a dog lives? Doesn't it sound pretty fucking nice? You literally have everything provided for you and don't need to do anything. Your only job is to enjoy yourself.

Nah man, that certainly sounds like the worse thing that could happen to a human lol It literally saps the humanity out of everything that makes someone human. The reason life is such a great thing is because of the struggle and the hope for better things, what's the point in living or trying when everything is provided for you? Not to mention in the case of a central power providing everything for you most likely you would only get what was necessary to live and if said central power was human or an AI that somehow understands human emotion the bare minimum to sustain mental health as well.

This applies to people who are overly rich as well, when you own everything/can do anything nothing is valuable anymore, so what is the point of living? This is why people kill themselves despite being so wealthy and I'd go as far as to say wealth is one of the factors of this. There needs to be a middle ground for someone to truly feel like they're alive, not too poor and not too wealthy. Thankfully in the case of some extremely wealthy people they seek to do the impossible and progress humanity, since everything else is a means to a end. That in itself is a great example of what makes us human.

To be honest if humanity was in complete control of a centralized power we wouldn't even need them to extinct us, we'd do it ourselves lmao However I'm sure we'd all be indoctrinated and have no clue what "humanity" even was to begin with.

Can I ask what made you think like this? I'm seriously curious lol I grew up in a extremely low income single parent household where even my hispanic friends were more wealthy [despite for some reason people thinking white people can't be poor] and I can't even fathom how someone would enjoy having everything handed to them despite for the quick dopamine intake. I've come a long way since then and the reason life is so enjoyable is due to the fact that anything is possible [with some lucky circumstances of course, or god, whatever you prefer]. The mindset of thinking a life devoid of all the things that make us human and be treated like mere animals is such a 180 that I can't even fathom how you arrived at that point.

How boring and unimaginative does one have to be to think that you can't enjoy yourself without struggling and doing unpleasant tasks? You have all the time in the world now, you can go bang a hooker, you can smoke some weed, you can watch anime as much as you want, you can sleep in every day, nothing will take you away from whatever you want to do. You can write a book and get it instantly published without worrying about going through a bunch of hoops. There's a whole world of pleasurable experiences out there, why would you want to have things that unnecessarily take your time away from that? I only want to work for things that I can't get easily but I will always prefer the easy road if its available.
Oct 15, 2019 6:07 PM

Jun 2016
I'm patriotic toward the ideas America was founded under and what America was in the distant past, and I'm glad I wasn't born in some third world shithole or authoritarian nanny state that both have it worse than us, but I don't like what modern America has become either. So like others here I have mixed views.
Lost_VikingOct 15, 2019 6:25 PM
Oct 15, 2019 6:16 PM

Jan 2017
Ryuk9428 said:
Cneq said:

How boring and unimaginative does one have to be to think that you can't enjoy yourself without struggling and doing unpleasant tasks? You have all the time in the world now, you can go bang a hooker, you can smoke some weed, you can watch anime as much as you want, you can sleep in every day, nothing will take you away from whatever you want to do. You can write a book and get it instantly published without worrying about going through a bunch of hoops. There's a whole world of pleasurable experiences out there, why would you want to have things that unnecessarily take your time away from that? I only want to work for things that I can't get easily but I will always prefer the easy road if its available.
The thing you're forgetting is what comes after that, what happens when you've been there done that times infinity? There's nothing left. The worse thing you can be is a hedonist when you have unlimited access to wealth/power, just look at how Uday Hussein turned lol But shit man, if that's who are you that's fine, whatever floats your boat lol But even with unlimited wealth and power that mindset will only lead you down the wrong path, take away the unlimited wealth & power and I have no clue how you'll managed once life goes wrong and you can only rely on yourself lol Best of luck my dude.
Oct 15, 2019 6:25 PM

Sep 2017
I love everything cultural my country has created (language, cities, music, food and culture in general), but I'm not really attached to the country itself

I don't think my country morals or laws are better than other countries (other similar ones like Germany or UK, I mean, it's still obviously better than some countries), this point of view is more like nationalism, which is just one of the numerous big mistakes humankind have done
Oct 15, 2019 6:35 PM

Mar 2019
Cneq said:
Ryuk9428 said:

The thing you're forgetting is what comes after that, what happens when you've been there done that times infinity? There's nothing left. The worse thing you can be is a hedonist when you have unlimited access to wealth/power, just look at how Uday Hussein turned lol But shit man, if that's who are you that's fine, whatever floats your boat lol But even with unlimited wealth and power that mindset will only lead you down the wrong path, take away the unlimited wealth & power and I have no clue how you'll managed once life goes wrong and you can only rely on yourself lol Best of luck my dude.

I didn't say I refuse to do anything I don't want to do. I would just prefer not to if that life was available to me.

Just pump yourself full of aphrodisiacs if your sex drive starts waning, trust me, it never gets old if you're a horny enough person. Talk to old sex addicts and they will tell you it still feels wonderful to have sex with a beautiful girl even at the ripe old age of 75. One guy I talked to, he was 73 years old. Had epic tales of debauchery from the 60s and never slowed down. One of the things he said to me that really stuck was "I've been told I have a sex addiction. I probably do but I don't want to be fixed. If I get fixed, what would be the point of life?" Basically, If you have high enough levels of sexual desire, sex will feel like utter bliss at all times. It won't get old anymore than drinking soda and eating food never gets old.

Uday fucked himself over because his father made him a sociopath by forcing him, as a little kid, watch prisoners get tortured, so his psyche was permanently damaged to the point that didn't care about anyone. You can be an extreme hedonist and still love other people.
Oct 15, 2019 10:20 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
I can appreciate that no country has come even close to having as much of an impact as the United States has and I can appreciate all the amazing aspects / achievements unique to our country even if I do deeply loathe a lot about our government as well as a decent amount about our populace. I'm also not sure I'd go as far as to say I'm proud to be an American (it's not like I've majorly contributed the country yet nor has it majorly contributed to me yet), but I can appreciate that it likely is one of the factors that resulted in me holding the values that I do and it's probably be fair to say my enterprising "entrepreneurial spirit" is a direct result of being American as "The American Dream" + "Capitalism" is a highly held up and talked about combo here.
Oct 15, 2019 10:45 PM
Sep 2019
My patriotism only extends to helping support average citizens and community. I'm thankful for what experience I have had where I live, compared to other placed that could be worse off, but I don't make a big deal out of it. I'll show respect, but I won't grovel and bow down to something imaginary. I'm a realist and I don't care much for traditions and ceremony - hence why I show respect, but want nothing to do with flashy or showy things.

What I really want people to know is the difference between "Patriotism" vs "Nationalism". There are glaring problems in the US and its not being addressed. I also think people are under-educated about the nation's true history. There is always a great focus on all the "good" stuff, but all the "bad" is swept under the rug. This is why I will never believe that we are "always #1" at everything....its conceited, its childish to think that way...its being so prideful that its just ignorant. Only way I will believe it is if it is proven by robust data.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

30 by deg »»
17 minutes ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 23

32 by Spunkert »»
25 minutes ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

12 by LoveLikeBlood »»
38 minutes ago

» What anime character would make a good villian in Courage The Cowardly Dog and why?

vasipi4946 - 11 hours ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Apr 24

29 by ISeeLifePeople »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.