Forum Settings
Forums

have you ever become obessed with one certain anime

New
Sep 25, 2019 12:10 AM

Sep 2014
that you have to watch it over and over again, it resonates with you or you feel a strong connection with. where you dont even care about other animu as mulch even?

i feel like this right now,,i literally cant go a day not watching it. it has a grip on my soul.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 25, 2019 1:06 AM
Sep 2019
idk but i really, REALLY enjoyed Brother, Dear Brother. I just loved the atmosphere, the characters, the story was so damn interesting, even the places where all that happened. i strongly recommend it.
Sep 25, 2019 1:18 AM
Jul 2018
Trigun just has a special place in my heart. It's like my default interest to revert to once I'm bored of something.
Sep 25, 2019 1:23 AM

Oct 2010
Neon genesis evangelion, it obsesses me even today, maybe because of anno's mind control. I sometimes watc random episodes to see if I get something new/interesting.
Sep 25, 2019 1:25 AM

Dec 2008
When I was younger, probably, with Shugo Chara especially. But Digimon will always have a strong grip at my soul.

Sep 25, 2019 1:34 AM

Oct 2013
For a while Fullmetal Alchemist was the best anime I had ever seen. Nothing came close until I watched D.Gray-man.
Sep 25, 2019 3:46 AM

Jun 2019
Back in my early teen years, I was ridiculously obsessed with dbz, to the point I'd watch the best moments/scenes almost everyday on youtube. I wanted a continuation of gt which would progress the story further so badly, but by the time super started airing, I had already grown out of it.

ブレ
ブレ
ブレ
ブレ

Sep 25, 2019 3:55 AM

Nov 2016
Sadly, I hate to say that years ago I was obssesed with Fairy Tail and Boku no Hero, know I'm not into any of the fandoms and I'm starting to realize the flaws of the shows so I don't like Fairy Tail anymore. Not the same with Boku no Hero, now I'm more obssesed with games.
Sep 25, 2019 4:12 AM

Aug 2016
I have fallen down the Fate rabbit hole. No matter how much I try to claw my way out of it, I just find myself slipping further and deeper into it.
Sep 25, 2019 4:14 AM

Jun 2019
I mean, I'm obsessed with anime in general, but I don't think it ever happened, I became obsessed with just one anime.
Sep 25, 2019 5:27 AM

Mar 2015
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about...
Sep 25, 2019 6:19 AM

Aug 2009
I also have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about...

Sep 26, 2019 3:01 AM

Jan 2010
AnimeFreak-San said:
that you have to watch it over and over again, it resonates with you or you feel a strong connection with. where you dont even care about other animu as mulch even?

i feel like this right now,,i literally cant go a day not watching it. it has a grip on my soul.

Pretty much all my 10 anime.

But usually I tend to be more obsessed into a specific character or a dynamic between two characters rather than one anime as a whole.
Sep 26, 2019 3:21 AM
Aug 2019
No, not really. Then again I'm pretty new to the medium.
Sep 26, 2019 3:25 AM
Apr 2019
I have some mental struggles in my life...
Attack on Titan came like a blessing to me,,it had even one quate, "Everyone had to be drunk on something to keep moving" I'm obsessed with this anime.
Sep 26, 2019 3:26 AM

Mar 2015
I used to be SUPPEERR into One Piece.

And I was really into Black Butler, Junjou Romantica, Kamisama Kiss, and Fullmetal Alchemist before that.

But I haven't really been obsessed with one particular anime since One Piece.

woah there
Sep 26, 2019 3:48 AM

Aug 2018
All my 10 fav anime in my list lol but mostly fairy tail and railgun S.... good times.
I'll add toji no miko, hyouka and food wars in the list
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Sep 26, 2019 4:01 AM

Jul 2019
I think it was Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken, Bleach, And Dragon Ball Series,
When I watch a few episodes I feel like I can't move even for a moment, even though I've finished the series I always think about it and never stop thinking about it, I feel like I'm addicted, and will never stop, so it makes me confused how I can stop thinking about it ?.

Sep 26, 2019 6:44 AM

Jul 2016
Every Year (Since 2016) i have a obsession of an anime.

'16 - '17 - Love Live! (Franchise)
'18 - Steins;Gate
'19 - Lupin III
Sep 26, 2019 6:46 AM

Jun 2019
Yeah, all the time. Usually longer (shounen) anime, because obviously you're invested in them for a longer period of them. I've been that way with Dragon Ball, Naruto, Hunter x Hunter, etc.

Sep 26, 2019 6:48 AM

Dec 2015
More that I demands for of a certain typ of show.

Sometimes I love to watch shows where the main character is strong and got a high IQ.
But after watching a huge amount of this typ of shows, it's normal hard to find a new one.
So I normal rewatch Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, it's a show I watch normal 2-3 times a year now.

Sep 26, 2019 8:01 AM
May 2019
Yes, it was Berserk and Gantz. Also my all-time favorite comedy which is Great Teacher Onizuka. The first two mentioned was my favorite anime, both consisting of gore and lot of matured contents. It's been already 3 years since I watched the two series, but still talking about it around. Plus I don't even waste my time too much rewatching anime. But those anime given were the one of few animes I've given a rewatch, and for me I think that they deserve it.
Sep 26, 2019 8:15 AM
Mar 2018
Yes, I became obsessed with Steins;Gate, although I didnt rewatch it anytime(I mostly dont rewatch anime cuz lack of time) , but I listen to the OST many times a week, also I never get bored of talking bout it. It has a special place in my art which im not ready to give to any anime
Sep 26, 2019 2:38 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Oh boy... Madoka Magica was literally love at first sight.
Even though I first watched it 4 years ago, I still occasionally have weird dreams of being able to buy all three of the movies at a store (I've only ever seen Beginnings on sale at Kinokuniya, but you usually can only get any of Madoka online).

And... I don't even know if Uta Kata is a new favorite for me, but I can't help but recommend this anime to nearly anyone who asks in the Anime and Manga Recommendations forum. I need to rewatch it, cuz I enjoyed it, but I'm not entirely sure if it's a new favorite for me.
All I know is that I can't stop listening to the OST or recommending it to people
Sep 26, 2019 3:42 PM

Jul 2019
Anime I have seen the most times is High School DxD
But I am obsessed with JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. It was also the first anime I ever bought a physical copy of.
Sep 26, 2019 3:45 PM

May 2016
Slayers was my obsession from roughly 2001 to 2008. Like, I would not shut up about it. To the point where, in the old now-defunct Anime Academy forums, the forum title given to me by the mods was "Slayers is My God."

It's still a show near and dear to my heart.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Sep 26, 2019 4:00 PM

Jan 2017
I wonder which anime I am obsessed with. Uchuu Senkan Yamato and the Toaru series.
Sep 26, 2019 4:13 PM

Jun 2019
I watched Steins;Gate last year on May and I'm still obsessed with all its world, but when I was a teen I was so obsessed with Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler).
Sep 26, 2019 10:22 PM

Jan 2015
My list is pretty well as follows:
Gundam Wing
Yu Yu Hakusho
Fullmetal Alchemist(03, and Brotherhood)

However, FMA(either series) is the one that has stuck with me. I can go back to that series again and again and never get tired of the story it tells.
Sep 26, 2019 10:38 PM

Nov 2018
I'm obsessed with One Piece after watching whole released episodes, I want to watch it again and read manga.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Sep 27, 2019 12:01 AM
Sep 2019
It might sound weird but...I'm in the opposite line of thought. I like to watch an anime once over and thats that. The only times I rewatch an episode is if I've forgotten the events or didn't understand something or someone pointing out a fascinating thing that I missed.

There are definitely a handful of anime that I've highly rated and wouldn't mind re-watching if I had to, but I don't got out of my way to do so. The reason is that I like to cement my experience and that once I know what has happened in the story, returning to it doesn't give the same impact as if you saw it fresh the first time. I guess, I don't want to overdo the rewatching b/c I want to remember the good times for what they were. If I rewatched a series over and over, I'd probably over-analyze it and change ratings.

It has happened to me recently when I made my anime list here on this site. I had my own personal list saved on my PC that is ordered by when I watched it. I was way younger when I watched some shows and rated it differently compared to the "current me", whose seen more shows and am able to better differentiate the quality of shows. The "old me" was so new to anime that everything was great at first. After mellowing out and remaking the list on this site, I've changed the ratings for the shows I've watched in the far past. Unfortunately, this different line of thought (old me vs current me) means that I remember having a great time watching the older shows back in the past, but the current me would probably scrutinize it more and think less highly of it. Its like going back and playing nostalgic games on an original Nintendo....when it was the only thing you had as a kid and was new to you, you probably had the best time ever playing simple games. Then you look at yourself in the modern era with fancy graphics and games with greater depth of play, and you'll definitely choose modern over old. Basically, its respecting the old things that gave you enjoyment, while realizing things have changed.
Sep 27, 2019 1:40 AM

Apr 2018
Catalano said:
Neon genesis evangelion, it obsesses me even today, maybe because of anno's mind control. I sometimes watc random episodes to see if I get something new/interesting.
Yeah whenever i watch evangelion and find something i missed the last time it blows my mind
Sep 27, 2019 1:41 AM

Apr 2018
YeeYeeAss said:
But I am obsessed with JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. It was also the first anime I ever bought a physical copy of.
I am also quite addicted to jojo everyday i watch jojo clips on youtube
Sep 27, 2019 1:41 AM

Apr 2018
YeeYeeAss said:
I am also quite addicted to jojo everyday i watch jojo clips on youtube
Sep 27, 2019 6:54 PM

Aug 2012
This is really natural for me, actually. Since my high school years, I´ve been addicted to some series in one way or another, not counting childhood anime that are still very dear to me. It goes sorta like this:

2002-2005 - One Piece
2006-2009 - Fullmetal Alchemist
2007-2010 - Death Note
2010-2014 or so - D.Gray-Man (my interest dropped as manga got more and more hiatus)
2012-2017 - Inazuma Eleven (the classic series and Go, don´t care about the reboots)
2017-present - Danganronpa (mostly games, though)
2018-present - Bungou Stray Dogs (watched and liked as soon it aired back in 2016, but things got serious last year, kudos to the movie hype)

One that I never ever forget is Sailor Moon. Maybe Saint Seiya a bit.
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Sep 27, 2019 7:11 PM
Jul 2013
I have a list of "feel-good" animes which I could just rewatch an endless amount of times. But I'm currently obsessing over Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii.
Sep 27, 2019 7:18 PM

Jun 2019
Let's just say, yes. Most definitely yes.

It probably wouldn't do any good for the purposes of this thread to even bring it up by name and talk about the show more, but suffice it to say that...no matter what anyone says, there are certain anime out there that feel as if they've been tailor-made and crafted for you and everything you're looking for, and just burning through many others of different variety can't fill the void they leave. It's a dull ache like and spiritual hunger.

There are anime which speak to the feelings and thoughts you've had maybe buried deep inside more than art from any other medium and sometimes that's never replicated prior or since, even after years go by. Many other shows come by and some may even may you think profoundly, look forward in anticipation, laugh, or cry, but they never grip and throttle your heart the same way.
WatchTillTandavaSep 27, 2019 7:22 PM
Sep 27, 2019 7:23 PM

Nov 2008
*looks at avatar*
*looks at signature*
*looks at webcomic*
*looks at itabag*

.............yes.

Sep 27, 2019 7:40 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
To LOVE-Ru. If you scroll through my forum history list or have been around me enough on Discord, it's pretty easy to see I never shut up about it.

Especially in regards to Run, but it extends to the whole series.

Sep 27, 2019 8:08 PM

Oct 2017
Hmm idk. Not really to a level that other people describe.

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai (Haganai), about which my most recent blog post is about, definitely feels made for me. Everything about it and the characters, the plot, the comedy... it all just resonates so perfectly. Watching it... even thinking about it makes me really happy. That's probably the most obsessed over an anime I've been. But, even when I finished it, I wasn't thinking about it constantly and rewatching over and over like some people do.

I will definitely rewatch it some day though. Right now the only anime I've rewatched properly is Girls Last Tour when I participated in a Reddit rewatch. Oh and I've seen Lucky Star and Non Non Biyori both several times though but while going to sleep so it's not like proper rewatches.

Renn said:
I have fallen down the Fate rabbit hole. No matter how much I try to claw my way out of it, I just find myself slipping further and deeper into it.

Ah, but have you read the VN? Or are you a filthy casual?
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Sep 27, 2019 8:46 PM

Aug 2016
YossaRedMage said:

Ah, but have you read the VN? Or are you a filthy casual?

I have read the VN, as well as hollow ataraxia, Tsukihime and kagetsu Tohya. Still waiting for a full translation patch for witch of the holy night.

Have also read a lot of the novels, short stories and manga, including Strange Fake, Notes, talk etc. Played through Extella and Grand Order (never owned anything that runs the older Fate/Extra games sadly) and I have watched every anime adaptation to date. Casual enough for you?
RennSep 27, 2019 9:09 PM
Sep 27, 2019 8:54 PM
Jul 2018
Yes I have with pretty much all of my favorites. And it's gonna be like that for a long time.
Sep 28, 2019 8:02 AM

Sep 2019
Currently i’ve been obsessed with Yu Yu Hakusho. It’s action packed, has no filler episodes, and a pretty good dub too!
Sep 28, 2019 8:17 AM
May 2019
Hunter x hunter and kimetsu no yaiba
Hunter because of the irony when meruem gained a human personality gon the naive cute kid turned into a monster that shows that beware of the people who smile a lot because if that smile vanishes u will too
Kimetsu because of the beautiful art and story and nezuko obviously it had everything the seriousness was there but there was comedy there too and the characters unbelievable characteristics like tanjirou would kill anyone if they touched his sister but at the same time also has that warm feeling of an older brother Zenitsu although he is a coward his power is one of the deadliest in the world inosuke although has a short temper a beast like appearance he is very simple and in one of the episodes his concentration was the thing that saved him and his calmness when doing his technique is ver amazing
Sep 28, 2019 8:21 AM

Mar 2019
Pokemon when I was younger, I also remember being obsessed with Undertale (pretty cringy tbh), nowadays I can really enjoy some shows and be attached to them (Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei or Monogatari Series, for exemple) but not to the point of obsession.
Edit: Oh yeah, I had a short JoJo phase
ArukanoSep 28, 2019 8:26 AM
Wait a minute, how did this happen? We're smarter than this!
Sep 28, 2019 8:22 AM

Jan 2018
I thought this thread is pretty silly for me to reply to since it's been so long since I felt that way. Kimetsu no Yaiba, it's like I'm watching a completed land of wano arc but better!
Sep 28, 2019 8:24 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I once got pretty obsessed with a Warner Brothers movie called Cats Don't Dance when I was in middle school. Think I saw it like 10-15 times in the span of a few weeks. Even wrote some fanfic for it and submitted to its official fansite lol

Can't say something like that ever happened with anime though
Sep 28, 2019 8:26 AM

May 2018
Happened to me with Youjo Senki. and i am still obsessed
Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. That’s a famous law. If you live a long life, you’ll understand.
Sep 28, 2019 8:27 AM

Mar 2012
I was obsessed with Kyo Kara Maoh for a very long time, even right now when there are many things that I hate about it I still can't seem to let go of it, besides Conrad continues to be my no. 1 favorite character till this day after all. Currently I have 42 GB worth of material belonging to this series and that's not counting the anime episodes or musical rips from BDs and DVDs I own.
Sep 28, 2019 8:42 AM

Aug 2018
One time I ate so much anime that I got a few kg yea, undoubtedly jeje
Enjoy the ride...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» what is battle shonen?

deg - 2 hours ago

10 by TheBerserker »»
4 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 55 minutes ago

13 by WatchTillTandava »»
6 minutes ago

» Anime adaptation wish list

kuroneko99 - Apr 5

27 by Rhaelynne »»
7 minutes ago

» MULTIPLE UNRELATED anime that you think could be set in the same anime universe

IpreferEcchi - 42 minutes ago

3 by Otakupervert890 »»
8 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

233 by Maumuu »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.