Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 23, 2019 1:33 PM

Feb 2019
If so, have you ever gone to competitions or do you do it more as an exercise/hobby?

When I was a teenager, I played handball, as a goalie, I wasn't very good at it, but I liked it a lot. I played in some games close to my hometown. Now that I'm an uni student close to graduation I mostly stick to exercising for fitness, however I'd like to start playing some sports again.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 23, 2019 1:37 PM

May 2013
I did Cross Country and Track in high school and still practice that to this day. Actually I'm faster now than I was then, the other week I ran 12:13 on a two mile trail which was my fastest time ever.

Do that shit every day ^___^
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Sep 23, 2019 1:49 PM

Mar 2019
I used to train kung fu, karate, swimming, tennis, american football and soccer. I also liked to play ping pong, basketball, badminton and a bunch of other things.

I was going to become a soccer player. That was my goal, my dream. My attitude, knowledge and understanding of the game made me a good student according to my coach. I started playing in a team again when I was about 15. I started to take soccer practices again since I started to become fat and depressed. I remember training every single day non stop. I'd exercise or work on my technique at home, running to the soccer field outside my school during every break to practice, train by myself after school on the concrete fields etc etc. to make a long story short i got injured and got depressed again lul. I never had anyone that supported me, atleast not anyone I cared about. Nowadays I just sit in my room and feel sorry for myself. I really believe that I could've made it if the circumstances were different. I know that I should focus on the present and not the past, but it's kind of hard for me to do that since I've been through a lot of other stuff that gave me a lot of trauma.

I think playing sports is a good way to make friends, strengthen bonds, have fun, exercise and benefits your mind in a good way. It's been proved that exercise helps your brain.
Sep 23, 2019 1:52 PM

Jul 2016
Why woud you even want to know? and yes, Batminton.
Sep 23, 2019 1:59 PM

Mar 2014
I play Kubb if you count that as a sport, though some would just say it's a lawn game.
“Loddfafnir, listen to my counsel: You will fare well if you follow it, It will help you much if you heed it. If aware that another is wicked, say so: Make no truce or treaty with foes.” - Havamal 127
Sep 23, 2019 2:01 PM

Mar 2018
Used to play basketball as a kid for like a year but I gave up on it. Sports were never my cup of tea.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 23, 2019 3:18 PM

Feb 2017
Yes. Where I live I think there isn't any kid who hasn't played a sport in his life. Everyone played/did something. As a kid I did karate, swimming and then settled for basketball for a few years. Then I broke my arms few times and decided to quit(once on bicycle, second time on basketball and third time when I was jumping hurdles that were too high for me while running). After I recovered for the third time I decided to try out rowing and I have been ever since (damn time flies).

As for competitions, I competed in basketball but we never had any success. On the other hand I had a lot of success rowing so far. I have plenty of medals on both domestic and international competitions.

I quit competing shortly after I started university. I row recreationally nowadays.
TsarkoSep 23, 2019 3:23 PM
Sep 23, 2019 3:26 PM

Jan 2009
yep played chess and sipa washer version https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sip%C3%A0#Washer_version
and basketball and 9-ball pool billiard during high school

and nah i only did them as hobbies
Sep 23, 2019 5:03 PM

Nov 2017
Played basketball and football/soccer when I was younger. These days, I swim and weightlift. I just do 'em as hobbies. But I guess the former will come in handy when I partake in a triathlon one day. That'll be hella fun!~
Sep 23, 2019 5:52 PM
🥚

Feb 2016
I did track as a kid, but tbh it was boring and took away a lot of my time so I do archery now as a hobby instead.

"If you want to change the future, you only need to choose now. Now, believe in yourself and break the egg."

🌻

Anime|Manga|Last.fm|Letterboxd
Sep 23, 2019 6:06 PM

Jun 2016
The closest thing I've done was taking an archery class for one of my physical education credits in college (the other was hiking)
Sep 23, 2019 6:10 PM

Mar 2008
I was on a soccer team in elementary school (football for the rest of you), I was breifly in a jujitsu class as a kid too, in middle school would play basketball but mainly games like thunder and 21 or horse, also tried skateboarding but had no where to practice so never was good at it, used to bowl but hurts my back because I have a bad form technique, used to have a real nice ping pong table, I play pool occasionally, I jog and run. ..Uhh since heg said chess let's go with that too and wearing sunglasses while I sleep..

Sep 23, 2019 6:21 PM

Sep 2007
I hate sports so much, I don't even watch sports anime.

Sep 23, 2019 6:33 PM

Oct 2015
i played basketball, volleyball, and did track. i was pretty competitive in those three sports since i would play against other schools. i did play tennis but it was usually with just family or friends, and it's the only sport i still play to this day.
⠀     ‧     ⠀
Sep 23, 2019 6:42 PM

Jul 2017
Did football and soccer when I was younger and played high school and AAU basketball till last year.
Sep 23, 2019 11:51 PM

Jun 2016
Used to do a buncha different sports. Used to play football and basketball, then did some freestyle football, then did breaking(breakdancing) for about 3 years. Now I mostly do olympic weightlifting and powerlifting which are also super fun.
Sometimes I kinda miss basketball for some reason, even though I'm nowhere near tall enough to be a proper good player I think.
Sep 24, 2019 2:52 AM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
Yes, outside of school I did competitive Skiing and competitive MMA certainly winning my fair share of awards. I also did Wrestling competitively in Middle School which I excelled at as well but unfortunately I wasn't able to continue pursuing it as my Highschool didn't have a wrestling team (there was another High School I had the option of going to that did have one, but none of my friends were going there so it wasn't worth it). There were some other sports I pursued in Middle School / High School as well but I wasn't good enough at any of them to warrant the continued time commitment.
Sep 24, 2019 3:59 AM

Aug 2013
Did Football(soccer) for the majority of my life leading upto final year of school, where I had some injuries this leading me to focus more on studies ever since, though I play tennis once or twice every week.
『パイル』| Twitter
Sep 24, 2019 4:48 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Lately I just exercise for fun and for the health benefits. I'm not going to any competitions any time soon that's for sure. Used to play a lot of sports back in my school days. Literally almost anything that was available.

Oh my... This was way more cringe-worthy than I thought it would be.
Sep 24, 2019 6:48 AM
Aug 2019
Used to as a kid, but I wasn't good at them so I stopped.
Sep 24, 2019 8:46 AM
Sep 2019
Used to play Tennis back in high school. That was probably when I was in the best shape of my life. I'd ride my bike to school, then after class, we'd train anaerobic exercises right before actually swinging the racket. I wasn't really into the Tennis itself, but was more into it because my friends were in the sport too. I made great memories and developed some thunder thighs in the process. Now-a-days, I don't really get out as much as I'd like to. Its just been the same old routine of work and home...feels really boring and meaningless tbh.
Sep 24, 2019 9:02 AM

Dec 2010
School sports was all about stupid-ass football, which I quickly started to loathe because it was the only thing we ever played. I've been into Downhill Biking since I was 15 and it's still fun.
Sep 24, 2019 9:30 AM
Jan 2019
Kosmonaut said:
If so, have you ever gone to competitions or do you do it more as an exercise/hobby?

When I was a teenager, I played handball, as a goalie, I wasn't very good at it, but I liked it a lot. I played in some games close to my hometown. Now that I'm an uni student close to graduation I mostly stick to exercising for fitness, however I'd like to start playing some sports again.
A fellow ex-goalie here. I played it for a few years in middle school,and I was pretty good. Though,the only reason I got to be a goalie is that the other girls thought it's a "lame position which takes minimum effort" and clawed their way to be a captain or left/right wing etc. And I had good reflexes and flexibility I guess. Didn't last long 'cause we had to move house,but now in uni I'd want to try being on the goal again,to have that feeling again.
--
I come from a sports family (specifically basketball) but since there hasn't been any female basketball clubs where I lived as a kid,my parents instead enrolled me into a bunch of very different sports (some competitive some just for exercise) to try to "awake" my sporting spirit. Didn't get very far though. I went to each sport from a few months up to 3 years and the only ones I was any good (also the competitive ones) were handball and dance gymnastics. Never won anything,my teammates hated my guts and since we had to move I didn't mind it that much.

Mod Edit: Double Post Merged
Fleeting_DreamFeb 4, 2020 12:38 PM
Sep 24, 2019 11:29 AM
May 2016
I played football when I was 9 years old. we did do competitions.
Sep 24, 2019 2:54 PM

Jul 2017
i used to actively play ultimate frisbee now i just stick to basketball since it's easy to find a bball court and it doesn't take a lot of time to end a match
Sep 24, 2019 3:11 PM
May 2019
I do train karate and I do play beach volleyball every summer that about sums it up.
Sep 24, 2019 5:11 PM

Jul 2016
i used to be ridiculously sporty when i was younger, and for some inexplicable reason i played a bunch of really preppy, country club sports
which just makes me cringe really hard thinking about now. i was also on the school team for sports like: hockey, lacrosse, netball, tennis...

but nowadays the only vaguely "sporty" thing i do is hiking every sunday .-.

grouper - no other

0:00 ●━━━━━━─────── 3:46

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻

⁞⁞⁞ purple cause baal is my wife  ⁞⁞⁞
Sep 24, 2019 5:31 PM

Oct 2014
I played Baseball and Basketball for most of my childhood until about halfway into HS, as sports were getting far too competitive at that point. Nowadays I don't really play anything. I've done some flag football with family & friends a few times over the years during big holiday events, but not much else.
Sep 25, 2019 3:04 AM

Feb 2019
I play basketball & Badminton occasionally with a few friends~

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Sep 25, 2019 2:36 PM

Jan 2017
I play badminton and stopped Karate when I got my green belt, I don't remember why I left tho ;_;
Sep 25, 2019 5:37 PM
Jul 2018
i used to play hockey and soccer competitively and was really good at both (especially soccer)

hockey i had the skillz but you need to do pretty significant training outside of just playing to get your body in the shape to play at a higher level once you're a bit older, but since soccer is a non contact sport i could have easily pursued a scholarship or something but i didn't feel like taking it that serious, even though i played on a competitive team it was just for fun for me
Sep 26, 2019 12:32 AM
Jul 2018
Kung Fu and Judo when I was much younger. Cricket and field hockey a bit later. After this, it was fencing through most of high school but unfortunately the club has moved locations. The same coach does coaching for a university that I am going to attend next year so I will likely start again then.
Jan 27, 2020 3:46 AM

Oct 2019
I used to play a lot of AFL (Australian Football)
I played competitively a bit when I was about 10ish.
r̶e̶v̶i̶v̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶a̶d̶?̶
Jan 27, 2020 3:48 AM

Jul 2012
Soccer. That's it. I tried other sports but they weren't for me.
Jan 31, 2020 11:02 AM
Jan 2020
I used to do competitive swimming at an early age and thought of becoming an olympic swimmer someday, but I gave up on that dream for a long time. I took taekwondo and track, but I also gave up on those because they didn't really interest me anymore. However, I'm currently in a marching band and I really love it, but I don't know if people considered marching band a sport.
Jan 31, 2020 5:06 PM
Jul 2018
I played badminton in middle school. Not competitive, just for fun in some kind of school club. Nothing like the Japanese school clubs tho, they weren't so serious and just wanted the kids being active.

Soccer was too hard / rough for me, I tried a few months and even the girls club was too rough for me lol, and then I wanted to dance at first, but I have absolutely no sense and no feeling for music.

In my free time I played with my friends basketball after school and tried skateboarding and I wasn't really good at anything of it, BUT I had fun. I mean that's the important thing... or so.

Then in high school and uni I made some self-defense training / sports Wing Chun for like two years, which was very good at well.

I went to the gym for some years, but not as often as I wanted to, so I'm doing sports occassionally now, like two or three times a week. Just basic training, because it's healthy and I wanna keep my figure.

Inbetween I tried some types of sports that was offered by my university. Every semester something else, because I didn't want to get good at them anyway. I just wanted to try them.
removed-userJan 31, 2020 5:26 PM
Jan 31, 2020 8:48 PM

Apr 2019
I played baseball (1st baseman) and that was fun for a while. In high school, I got really into kickboxing but music kind of took over my life at that point and I was seriously thinking about becoming a music teacher before becoming jaded and dispassionate about it.

大好き "I just want to be an ancient demigod loli"
Feb 2, 2020 9:19 PM
Review Moderator
Mar 2018
Basketball, Cross Country and Track for high school

Competitively ran for XCountry and Track as a sprinter/long-distance hybrid.
Basketball is more of a hobby that I keep up with :)

Taekwondo also, but only when I was much younger.

Floating Around...

"You're loved as deeply as the ocean reaches"

Feb 3, 2020 10:39 AM

Jun 2019
Swimming. I used to be on the swim team at school and even made it to competitions ( for lack of members xD )

I love swimming and the feeling of pure hunger after swimming, especially if I've done 2 hour rounds.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2020 2:47 PM

May 2019
Uwah? A Kosmo thread? How precious.
I stopped playing sports after hs American football. I juggle though. Surely, that counts.
Feb 3, 2020 2:53 PM

Feb 2019
Freshell said:
I stopped playing sports after hs American football. I juggle though. Surely, that counts.
How did it feel playing fake football? I also liked playing pretend when I was a kid.
Feb 3, 2020 2:57 PM

May 2019
Kosmonaut said:
Freshell said:
How did it feel playing fake football? I also liked playing pretend when I was a kid.

Sorry, I don't answer questions that are equivalent to, "Have you stopped beating your wife?" I only engage with honest interlocters in serious fashion.
Regardless, American football is the real football. Everyone else is crazy. Of course the sport where you only kick the ball every 30 minutes is the real football.
Feb 3, 2020 3:04 PM

Feb 2019
Freshell said:
Kosmonaut said:

Sorry, I don't answer questions that are equivalent to, "Have you stopped beating your wife?" I only engage with honest interlocters in serious fashion.
Regardless, American football is the real football. Everyone else is crazy. Of course the sport where you only kick the ball every 30 minutes is the real football.
According to Saussure, signs are arbitrarily motivated, they're merely conventions understood by the speakers of a language with no inherent connection to the object being signified.

See? If you were a nerd instead of a jock, you'd be able to refute my bad faith initial statement. Now, I had to own myself instead. So disappointing.
Feb 3, 2020 3:07 PM

May 2019
Kosmonaut said:
Freshell said:

According to Saussure, signs are arbitrarily motivated, they're merely conventions understood by the speakers of a language with no inherent connection to the object being signified.

See? If you were a nerd instead of a jock, you'd be able to refute my bad faith initial statement. Now, I had to own myself instead. So disappointing.

Why would I care about what linguist has to say when English American is the only language that matters?
Feb 3, 2020 3:14 PM

Feb 2019
Freshell said:
Kosmonaut said:

Why would I care about what linguist has to say when English American is the only language that matters?
I was under the impression you'd be more intellectually stimulating, honey. STEM field former jocks are all the same.
Feb 4, 2020 11:14 AM

Jul 2007
Video games is considered a sport now. So yeah.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Feb 4, 2020 12:42 PM

Oct 2018
Never really was considered "athletic" so, no, never did any sports. I don't really compete in 'e-sports', (video games as a sport) either.
Summertime days, passing gently
Sunlight, leading to an encounter;
Dreams that don't want to end
Continue onwards toward the next day
While she waits in the air.
Feb 4, 2020 1:53 PM

May 2015
I play soccer, I used to play for my middle school and was supposed to be shipped overseas but I was failing a couple of classes so that didn't happen. Played for a couple of clubs through out high school as well, now I just play socially in the summer.
Feb 7, 2020 3:25 AM

May 2019
Just going through this thread makes me nervous because so many people are into sports and I'm here like 'Nope'. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fleeting_Dream said:
Never really was considered "athletic" so, no, never did any sports. I don't really compete in 'e-sports', (video games as a sport) either.

Saaaaaame! ☆ヾ(*´・∀・)ノヾ(・∀・`*)ノ☆
Feb 7, 2020 9:37 AM

Mar 2019
I played tennis, basketball and soccer, and I know how to swim.

Then I gained 330lbs hitting the age of 16 and forward.

2 years ago I did a gastric sleeve.. now I'm 165lbs and everyday I wake up I say I'm gonna start SPORTS but ...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What sort of education did you get?

removed-user - Dec 23, 2019

47 by beazy12 »»
3 minutes ago

» What are some of your favorite animals?

DoisacChopper - Feb 10

48 by perfectlyquiet »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Do you care about your native culture?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 9

45 by Bruh69XD »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

45 by MasterTasuke »»
1 hour ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

678 by Hitagi__Furude »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.