Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2019 10:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So we got a bit more focus on Nene and Kuon this episode. It seems there's sort of curse at works here that also somehow involves Kuon's sister.

Idk how to feel about Kuon in this show but she's taking action.
Aug 30, 2019 12:47 PM

Aug 2018
Okay I seriously didn't expect this , this episode messed up a bit with my brain. Great episode plus a really good fight imo and the cliffhanger makes me want to know more about how the anime will end .
EvidenceLTAug 30, 2019 12:54 PM
Aug 30, 2019 1:22 PM

Feb 2016
Holy shit that post credits scene was really terrifying, imagine seeing yourself getting turned into bones, or was it... a puppet?

A really Thrilling episode, I really can't wait to know what exactly Mangetsu is, there was so much tease on this episode I really want the bomb to drop xD. I think we can pretty much assume she may be a puppet from the Magiaconatus.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 30, 2019 1:32 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
What the hell is that preview?!
Aug 30, 2019 1:39 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The relationship between kuon and her sister sure was close. The gradual expansion into what happened to Kuon's sister though sure is intriguing. Using the mist and illusions to sow confusion among their ranks sure was an impressive tactic on Hakamada's part. If anything the unleashing of their spirits sure added a new dimension into the battles as while adding flexibility it also served to highlight the fact that the battles are nearing endgame. Hakamada though sure is a master of psychological manipulation. The safeguard that Kuon's sis left for her though sure came timely. Using a treasured memory as it sure was creative. But after so much torment it was so satisfying to see Kuon turn the tables and take revenge on her tormentor. But man that ending sure was an unexpected one. Overall a solid ep that served well to expand upon the relationship between Kuon and her sis while feeding this into the fight against Hakamada. Looks like Hakamada though still has quite the surprise up her sleeve though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2019 1:40 PM

Feb 2019
An absolutely amazing episode! Do you think Mangetsu really lost? Nah, maybe I'm just overthinking things. Maybe she's gonna do that Satan-level attack and help Kuon defeat that damn Suishou. Cannot wait for the next episode <3
Aug 30, 2019 2:11 PM

Nov 2016
This is just getting more and more intense. Scheming Suisho is still having the upper hand, but I guess that will make her crushing defeat all the crueler.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 30, 2019 4:11 PM

Oct 2007
this is some horrifying plot twist. Mangetsu is just a doll?

also starting to like Kuon. She's really trying hard for onee-chan.

I hope Ernesta can save Mangetsu...
Aug 30, 2019 4:16 PM

May 2015
OOOOOH YES the series is REALLY getting interesting now.

That plot twist at the end is interesting the hell out of me. Never seen this before in anime.

It was annoying me that they kept saying "Mangetsu is......" over and over but that was hell of a cliff hanger. Throughout the entire episode I kept asking like what is she, dead? Born from that magic thing? On the moon?

But holy hell I'd just been watching this series as a casual side anime to some of my main anime this season but now my attention is here. I really cant wait for the next episode now.
DarknessRealityAug 30, 2019 5:03 PM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 30, 2019 4:47 PM

May 2018
Holy hell, Mangetsu is some kinda doll/robot!

Fight was a bit lackluster but I suppose that's because Suisho was holding back. Next episode playtime's over and it seems we'll be seeing another all out fight!
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Aug 30, 2019 6:22 PM

Aug 2018
Is that for fucking real ? They teased us all episode along about what is Mangetsu, to end the episode on "she is... then Mangetsu is... she is..." sequence.

Well at the very least, those who watched the preview got some hints but this is still frustrating to not have at least the answer pronounced at the very last second.
Aug 30, 2019 6:35 PM

Dec 2015
"She's...she's..." Oh my god, just spit it out. She's what? Not human? USE YOUR WORDS! I hate these drawn out reveals only to be withheld for some shallow artificial cliffhanger.
Aug 30, 2019 8:09 PM
Jun 2017
Mangetsu is ????

Ohh im excited about what she really us and more about the fight..
Aug 30, 2019 8:09 PM
Jun 2017
Mangetsu is ????

Ohh im excited about what she really us and more about the fight..
Aug 30, 2019 8:27 PM

Jul 2015
Yeesh, this anime gets better and better with every episode, and I really like the voice work in this. But I really hate these cliffhangers, I should have waited a couple more weeks before I got back into this.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 30, 2019 8:48 PM
Jan 2017
The best things about Granbelm are the action scenes and the character work, and this episode delivers plenty of both. First, Nene gives Shingetsu an explanation related to Mangetsu, which is related to the dark power Mangetsu used against Nene during their battle. Whatever this explanation is about and that final scene, it is likely to rock Mangetsu to the core. Meanwhile, Kuon is forced to confront everything she believes in after Suishou uses the memory of her sister to demoralize her. Fortunately, Kuon proves she is not so easily vanquished and ends up taking the lead in one of the best fights the show has delivered up to this point. This show is pretty good at raising the dramatic tension and the emotional stakes with the action and character departments and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Aug 30, 2019 11:14 PM

Aug 2018
This show is really unpleasant. I’ll be damned if I can figure out what’s going. I’ve been watching, thinking it would eventually level out. If it were a 2 cour show I’d abandon ship here, but with only 3 episodes to go, I’ll stick it out.
Aug 31, 2019 1:26 AM
Aug 2017
For those in the thread who haven't noticed, there is a scene after the ending that shows Mangetsu is a puppet/doll. After ep 6's "happy ending," I wouldn't think anyone would quit out at the ED.

Either way, holy shit. The longer I watch this, the more I'm noticing all the subtle foreshadowing from previous episodes. It's actually crazy good storytelling. There is v little that exists to pad the story and almost every detail is plot relevant. Though that does have me wondering where Kibou fits into all of this. She's been a significant part of Nene's story thus far, yet she's also the only character disconnected from Granbelm.
Aug 31, 2019 2:43 AM

Dec 2018
Well anime your stupid ass are being brilliant again!! The fight was great ,I don't like the cute theme on the giant robots .But everything else works and the fighting is no longer over the top, its up to my high standards. My lesbian angels can fight!! But nicely!!! And no fucking killing!!!!

Then at the end you fucking did it again!!!And two episode in a row .I never saw that coming!!!!Lesbian kissing flashing by!!!!,,YEES!!!! Suishou kissed both of the sisters!! Yees!!!,,Good girl!! You are a very well behaved waifu !!!! Love to see all the Yuri .Two kisses already and i think we going to see one more at least!!!

Great episode!!!Keep it up!!! Lesbian kisses are the sweetest thing in this world,, I want more!!!!!!!!! 10/10

The second kiss was not as great as the first..But i take it!!!! This anime have more lesbian kissing then some Yuri romance have!! That's huge and very welcomed!!

Yuri-CrusaderAug 31, 2019 2:47 AM
Aug 31, 2019 7:16 AM

Aug 2013
A good episode. This show is starting to get more interesting. Suishou is continuing plotting since she is facing three opponents though Shingetsu can't really fight in the state that she is in. We also need to learn what Mangetsu is since Nene told Shingetsu about it. Guess we'll learn about it next week.

Aug 31, 2019 9:54 AM

Feb 2017
she is a robot monkaS ?

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Aug 31, 2019 10:56 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, things just get hectic by the week! Creepy little after-credit scene there yikes, what the heck was that about? Really eerie OST during those ‘nothingness’ scenes though, I’ve got to mention.

Meanwhile, Shuisou is just mysterious as ever. Unfazed, in the end that is, by that sudden powerup from Kuon and deliberately making Mangetsu within arms reach to impale her, I wonder what her overarching game is here.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 31, 2019 7:03 PM

Aug 2018
NoviSun said:
This show is really unpleasant. I’ll be damned if I can figure out what’s going. I’ve been watching, thinking it would eventually level out. If it were a 2 cour show I’d abandon ship here, but with only 3 episodes to go, I’ll stick it out.

Don't feel bad about it. I also have a really hard to time to enjoy this show myself. We're almost at the end I guess and I still have problems to fully understand what's really going on myself with this anime.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Aug 31, 2019 8:56 PM

Oct 2007
Yuri-Crusader said:
Well anime your stupid ass are being brilliant again!!

Great episode!!!Keep it up!!! Lesbian kisses are the sweetest thing in this world,, I want more!!!!!!!!! 10/10

I guess you're really enjoying this show. xD

Did not notice there was another kiss when Suishou mental torture Kuon. ><
Aug 31, 2019 11:39 PM

Feb 2014
Suishou's scheming is getting even more intense after each episode. I had a lot of sympathy for Kuon as she had to deal with Suishou's constant taunting and mind-games that almost broke her.

Luckily, during the Granbelm fight, Kuon FINALLY started to get back at Suishou and even had the upper hand a few times, too. I couldn't help but cheer her on. =3

However, even after Kuon's powerful attack, Suishou's mech changed form and, unfortunately, Mangetsu chose this time to make her move, which turn out to be a rather stupid mistake. Suishou waited for that moment and launched herself at Mangetsu. The last scene before AND after the credits was honestly terrifying for poor Mangetsu. =(

Cliffhanger episode endings have gotten far more common now, but this one was still great. What Nene told Shingetsu must've shook her to her core and the fact that Mangetsu's hand turned into something similar to a puppet's hand is going to hurt her mentally, too. Even the preview for the next episode looked completely wacky, too.

For the next episode, I just want Mangetsu to get herself back to normal again, somehow, and for Suishou to suffer a savage defeat. She needs it, BADLY!
Sep 1, 2019 4:53 AM

Dec 2018
Liddo-kun said:
Yuri-Crusader said:
Well anime your stupid ass are being brilliant again!!

I guess you're really enjoying this show. xD

Did not notice there was another kiss when Suishou mental torture Kuon. ><

Now when Anna is gone and Suishou have taken the driver seat the anime works much better. Suishou is in my eyes a better character more balanced and likeable then Anna. And she was kind of a underdog, She was a girl in the background who didn't do much. Now she have stepped up to take over the whole damn show. But she is more in to beat other girl and then KISS beaten girl,,,, YEES!!!!! =P Rather then KILL other girls!!!!! The killing is to much ,kissing is better =)

Almost missed the second kiss myself =P or saw it but thought it was the image of the first kiss between Kuon and Suishou rather then a new one =P And yes the screaming female in the background kind of ruins the second kiss a little bit =P But the first was so fucking grand =) And no fucking grasshopper YEES!!!!! ,,,,,

So surprised and glad to see this turnaround!!! For a while I thought this anime was going to be Yuri bait!! But now it have even more lesbian kisses then many Yuri romance have =). I like surprises and this anime delivers very strongly right now =)
Yuri-CrusaderSep 1, 2019 8:55 AM
Sep 1, 2019 6:41 AM

Oct 2007
kirbo said:

Liddo-kun said:
this is some horrifying plot twist. Mangetsu is just a doll?

also starting to like Kuon. She's really trying hard for onee-chan.

I hope Ernesta can save Mangetsu...

Big quote on Kuon, she intrigued me from the moment of her introduction but this episode really put her under the spotlight, loved the scene with the piano bg and the crazy powerful attack

enjoyed the piano part too, while Kuon fight Suishou. Kuon's sis give her strength she need.
Sep 2, 2019 12:56 AM

Oct 2008
oh man! cliffhanger!
and we didn't get to see Mangetsu went rampage mode!
wow Kuon is really capable!
based on the next epi preview, Mangetsu is ningyo!?
4/5.

Sep 2, 2019 7:33 PM
Jan 2019
A very mysterious episode. Who the hell is Mangetsu? And why were Nene and Shingetsu so scared? What does Suishou know about that, and how the hell did half the soul of Kuon's sister, Shisui, eat?
Well, Mangetsu learned to invoke a spirit and Kuon awoke a new power thanks to his sister. I hope that Kuon defeats that bastard Suishou, and when she succeeds, the missing half of her sister's soul returns.
It was an intriguing ending.
Sep 3, 2019 4:50 PM

Jul 2017
Kuon has sure been led a very hard upbringing, due to her older sister Shisui not just being out of commission, but also concerning in regards to the connection with Suishou. Soul eating...

The moments where Mangetsu gets some training on how to control her new upgraded mech...it sounds normal, but...what Nene has informed Shingetsu is really something else.

The fight has taken to another level with the involvement of spirits...Kuon is really trying hard to defeat Shishou, who has already eaten her soul apart. Regardless, she has managed to find solace within Suishou's intense scheming, coupled with her older sister's intention, TO BE THE LAST ONE STANDING. The piano accompaniment was really well done.

BUT...she's not done yet...plus WHAT is Mangetsu...!?
A puppet...a doll...!?

WOW another intense episode, that has all but the last pages of the book yet written. This is definitely my dark horse of the season.

Last 3 episodes to go...how would Mangetsu find her role in all of this?
Sep 4, 2019 2:45 AM
Aug 2019
Oh wow, what an episode! Definitely the best episode so far to date! Colour me impressed! ^_^
Sep 7, 2019 8:59 PM

Nov 2009
Hmm, so Kuon's sis let herself be "eaten"?

But how exactly does that benefit Kuon?

___ ___ ___

I still find it interesting how you can "detect magic" on a laptop...

It's like trying to "detect dark matter" on a laptop...

(cause if you could do that, I am sure a lot of other better programmers would have detect magic in their computer long ago and made it wide spread news)

___ ___ ___

And so... Mangetsu is something to do with high magic interference.

I wonder if Mangetsu is the embodiment of the Magic Device Magiaconatus, that she was created to serve as some sort of final test for the mages or something... so whoever defeats her wins?
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 18, 2020 2:16 PM

Nov 2019
What an episode! I'm really enjoying this series so far.
Apr 24, 2020 10:58 AM

Feb 2020
So, Mangetsu's what ? Just say it already...
Well, at least things seem to become very interesting. Suishou is turning Mangetsu into a puppet ? That's messed up...
But is that giving hints towards what Mangetsu truly is ? Most likely since Suishou wants her to know the truth... Is Mangetsu herself a kind of puppet ? An artificial being ? That would explain things actually...
However, it's interesting to note that Shingetsu is doing the exact same mistake she did with Anna. Will she ever learn ?
Also, I really like Suishou. She's the type of villains that makes things truly interesting. I wonder who she herself really is. This episode already showed us through her fight against Kuon that she is more vulnerable than she makes it look like.
May 31, 2020 2:12 AM

Oct 2010
twist after twist, that in the end looked like a puppet, so who is the real mage here, don't tell me it's the little sister and we'll have a reveal soon enough with her going "just as planned"
4/5
Apr 7, 2021 2:11 PM

Feb 2020
Another intense episode. So, what/who is Mangetsu??
Apr 27, 2021 8:04 AM

May 2015
Here it is!!!!!

God I love this plot twist. This plot twist is what made Granbelm go from an average magical girl/mecha show to something quite interesting. Its such a unique plot twist.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 29, 2021 2:01 AM

Feb 2014
Noooo Mangetsu! There comes that dark aura again, is Mangetsu a robot or something??

Ugh I wish Suishou would've gotten defeated by Kuon :/ I guess her main target was actually Mangetsu
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Granbelm Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

77 by 5hadow17 »»
Oct 24, 2023 12:57 AM

» Beauty..... so undderated.........

Ghefira - May 5, 2023

1 by NerdyMemer »»
May 6, 2023 2:55 AM

Poll: » Granbelm Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2019

79 by Ten »»
Dec 28, 2022 8:42 AM

Poll: » Granbelm Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2019

87 by Noodle070 »»
Aug 29, 2021 4:57 AM

Poll: » Granbelm Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

47 by Noodle070 »»
Aug 29, 2021 4:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.