Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 23, 2019 9:43 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice, an important mission for Shinra. This seems like a chance for him to discover the secrets of the fire incidents. Tbh, there's so much mystery about the fire incident so far that the anime barely scratched the surface.

More of a buildup episode with some showoffs from the other characters. Shinra is still hotheaded as ever.
Stark700Aug 23, 2019 9:48 AM
Aug 23, 2019 10:44 AM

Jul 2014
That shower scene, great heavens.
Shinra was roaring to go at it with them, pretty intense fight but for some reason it didn't get me hyped up, I don't know if its the choreography or animation but something felt off (I can barely feel anything from their fights), also having a hard time connecting with the characters especially Arthur. Shinra's kinda meh but Maki's great.
At this rate I might drop this soon, it bores me despite the actions we're getting which is weird.
Aug 23, 2019 10:46 AM

Jun 2016
Great episode, really like the ending fight
Aug 23, 2019 10:58 AM

Aug 2013
Not a bad episode.
So the eighth begin their investigation of the first division and they seem to be getting along quite with the fifth.

I find the captain of the first to an interesting character. He is quite strong.
Tamaki showed up in this episode.

Aug 23, 2019 11:15 AM

Sep 2014
Investigating the first division for possible snitches? Well, some guys kinda look suspicious there. The fights were pretty meh tbh.
Aug 23, 2019 11:18 AM
Sep 2015
Captain Burns has such a dad bod! I wish Shinra destroy his cloth completely, at least. Though I hope he isn't a villain because he's such a respectable strong guy (that can also be served as a plot twist villain too).
Also it's unfair that we have boob-grabbing bath scene while we don't have the male-equivalent of this scene, grabbing each other's....
Aug 23, 2019 11:18 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
As expected the 1st sure has quite the powerhouse within their team. Hmm a cookout to reward the battle last time huh. Excellent cover idea though. Looks like the princess has set her eyes on Shinra after the clobbering that he gave her that served to awaken her. Its good that the princess in her research also determined that some infernals were artificial. Infiltrating via the use of transferring rookies though is an interesting idea. Though elites the 1st sure has its fair share of eccentrics within their ranks like Karim and Rekka. Though as expected the captain's power is the highest. Still credit to Shinra for actually managing to blow a hole through his opponents shirt though. Overall an interesting ep that while managing to show how the fight between the 8th and the 5th pelted out in a calm manner also did well to advance the plot via the infiltration. Looking forward to seeing how the team fares within the 1st.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2019 11:26 AM

Jul 2014
phantomfandom said:
Captain Burns has such a dad bod! I wish Shinra destroy his cloth completely, at least. Though I hope he isn't a villain because he's such a respectable strong guy (that can also be served as a plot twist villain too).
Also it's unfair that we have boob-grabbing bath scene while we don't have the male-equivalent of this scene, grabbing each other's....

Jesus christ, you tryin to destroy young boy's eyes?
Aug 23, 2019 11:26 AM

Jan 2009
damn the 1st squad looks the strongest fire force

that nervous smile of Shinra though

and that serious firepower of the 1st captain

is Captain Burns firepower something like that boost his physical abilities the more he burns fire in his eyes?

that fire to sound to cold/ice conversion is pretty cool firepower too
Aug 23, 2019 11:42 AM

Oct 2017
Yep nobody gives a damn about what Obi was saying and finally gonna see Hibana cuddle and all over Shinra in the anime.
Aug 23, 2019 11:54 AM
May 2019
Okay, a nice episode to finally head towards solving the mysteries rather than only presenting new ones. I wonder how many time they'll spend there? It's an enjoyable anime so far for me, even though Shinra got carried away and just confirmed that, yes, the 8th is investigating the 1st.
Aug 23, 2019 1:02 PM
Mar 2019
That final fight scene between Burns and Shinra was just awful

I mean, any person could clearly see that Shinra's attacks weren't even touching Burns, well excluding the first and last blow
The only thing that made it feel like Shinra was actually attacking Burns were the SFX

Really hoping there's improvement on the fight scenes
Aug 23, 2019 1:09 PM
Aug 2019
CaioOlive said:
Okay, a nice episode to finally head towards solving the mysteries rather than only presenting new ones. I wonder how many time they'll spend there? It's an enjoyable anime so far for me, even though Shinra got carried away and just confirmed that, yes, the 8th is investigating the 1st.

Well they kinda adapted 4 manga chapters that each could be enough material to make an entire episode on it's own .

I remember a lot of people bitched about the pace and manga-wise the conclusion of the fight of the 8th division vs the 5th division was at 19 chapters but in the anime it was in the 6th episode o boy and from what i notice they are not adapting the lines as it is they alter then and a good bunch of them removed for good and what the studio did
is they add some lines of their own creation and it's not like they are good lines to begin with.

GourmetforceAug 23, 2019 1:14 PM
Aug 23, 2019 2:03 PM
Aug 2019
This was a nice episode tbh...
Aug 23, 2019 2:08 PM

Jul 2017
Not as flawed as previous episodes, but nothing exceptional either. Good enough I suppose. This episode was basically an excuse to see some new abilities and action sequences.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Aug 23, 2019 2:25 PM

Jul 2013
Rekka catching Tamaki anytime she tripped over was very cute. I like the priest-like uniforms of the First Division, they look badass.
Somehow, Karim is able to create ice using that method... I read that can actually happen in real life (not the extent of what Karim is able to do, I imagine), so it is a nice "bullshit" ability. That last phrase of him gave me some headache though.

Juggernaut guy is so scared for someone with such badass nickname (even if it is a pun).
Aug 23, 2019 3:30 PM

Mar 2016
I honestly want to like this series, but geezus, the characters just feel dry and awkward as hell.
At least the OP is worth listening to on repeat.
Aug 23, 2019 5:01 PM

Nov 2012
I like this Burns character but Obi is defo my fav, really liked this EP :))
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Aug 23, 2019 5:30 PM

Jan 2011
finally an episode that didn't put me to sleep. i hope things get interesting from here
Aug 23, 2019 5:33 PM

Apr 2015
Quite a decent episode!

Shower scene was hot as hell.

So the 8th has started the investigation on the 1st. They hold quite some powerfull men there... oh and Tamaki. Great to see her again.
Aug 23, 2019 6:04 PM

May 2014
Everything felt a bit stilted again. I think it's those monogatari-like distance shots where the characters faces aren't drawn. The comedy doesn't have a quickness to it because of those shots interrupting the flow of things.

Still an enjoyable episode though, the fights are fun to watch.
Aug 23, 2019 6:07 PM
Jun 2019
-Stray said:
That shower scene, great heavens.
Shinra was roaring to go at it with them, pretty intense fight but for some reason it didn't get me hyped up, I don't know if its the choreography or animation but something felt off (I can barely feel anything from their fights), also having a hard time connecting with the characters especially Arthur. Shinra's kinda meh but Maki's great.
At this rate I might drop this soon, it bores me despite the actions we're getting which is weird.

There's too much unnecessary shit. Half the stop couldve been cut, and plus this ep failed cause no major interactions with best girl and shinra
Aug 23, 2019 7:30 PM

Dec 2013
Shower scene was very nice stuff!

Burns seems pretty much invincible...
Aug 23, 2019 7:31 PM

Dec 2018
idk why i do waste my time to point out these hentai scenes which dont add nothing to its plot, but arrrgh is this series gonna to have runarounds with corny big boobs takes and stuff instead of focus in essencial plots?
Aug 23, 2019 7:35 PM

Dec 2014
Damn you, holy mist of censoring. Give me the view I want to see. XD

Good episode again.

The First's Lieutenants seem quite strong and damn Captain Burns literally took zero damage from Shinra and Arthur and one shot both of them. Talk about being strong.

I'll admit it took me a second or two to process what the headphones wearing Lieutenant says at times. xD
Tamaki is cute.
Aug 23, 2019 9:31 PM
Apr 2012
This show is straight up more on the Okay side than the GREAT side not even touching an 8 imo just average Shounen stuff. But to be fair Soul eater took 20 episodes to pop out the more interesting plot. I'll take this as an introduction period( I mean Kimetsu no Yaiba wasn't really GREAT till episode 19, Great being an 8).

I feel like that bathroom scene had more potential to be really hot than it was. I really wanted to like it, but I've seen better versions of it. On that note I should rewatch mashiro.
Aug 23, 2019 10:14 PM

Jun 2019
Great episode, i think the anime it's gonna explode on the next episodes, at least on the manga the story exploded from this point
Aug 23, 2019 10:30 PM

Jul 2019
*grabs sister's boobs* "thats dirty!" "thats mean, im actually soft and clean"

my sides
Aug 23, 2019 10:33 PM

Mar 2018
Undervover let's go
The first is sick.. The ones we saw were all so powerful holy- and Tamaki is a pretty good Rookie too.

I'm honestly not too eager to see the dude from the 2nd? He seemed kinda blatant tbh

Looking forward to the training! I really want to see some improvement of Arthur ngl
What the captain said was what I thought about his power the whole time

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Aug 23, 2019 11:04 PM

May 2015
fallingfromsky said:
idk why i do waste my time to point out these hentai scenes which dont add nothing to its plot, but arrrgh is this series gonna to have runarounds with corny big boobs takes and stuff instead of focus in essencial plots?

The scene lasted like a minute and it wasn't even 100% fanservice. Hibana and Iris had dialogue that pertained to the situation at hand. You're making a big deal out of nothing.

Aug 23, 2019 11:30 PM

Oct 2017
Hmm then Shinra and Arthur are moved to 1st Brigade
Hmm,I expected something more after this fight... Animation was pretty average...
Aug 24, 2019 12:01 AM
Mar 2017
Finally we have an approach to Leonard Burns, the last time I saw him I was very suspicious of his way to avoid Shinra, but unfortunately it seems that Burns knows what Obi plans.

The eighth division already has an important clue for its investigation thanks to Hibana, who revealed that someone is creating infernals artificially and this clue guides them to the territory that manages the first division.
That scene in the girls' shower was a blessing, indeed Hibana had to verify Iris's growth and feel it too and I agree with Hibana regarding Maki's spectacular body. Maki in her formal dress makes her look so elegant and feminine

So Shinra and Arthur will be in charge of finding clues in the headquarters of the first division and the first thing I can say is that the first division is more devoted to the religion of the sun god, the three lieutenants look like priests. Shinra does not beat around the bush and challenges Burns to a practice match and he accepts without hesitation.

Tamaki returned, glad to see her again, besides she looks so cute with that outfit, another important detail is that she had no incident with perverted results.
Today we were introduced to a new rookie belonging to the second division, Takeru looks like a very shy boy and is afraid of the flames, which does not go well with his work as a fire soldier and also have pyrokinesis, but still has a strong force of attack and the nickname of Juggernaut suits him.

The fight of Burns VS Shinra and Arthur was awesome, Burns avoided the heat of Excalibur and apart he managed to demonstrate the enormous superiority between him and Shinra, that sequence of combat that Shinra showed exceeded my expectations and Burns demonstrated an overwhelming power when he defeated Shinra .
Now we just have to wait for what Shinra will find in the barracks and why Burns avoids talking to him.
Aug 24, 2019 12:01 AM

Jul 2017
So now, Company 5 and 8 conducting a joint-exercise.

And...their investigation shifting to Captain Leonard Burns's division, Company 1, the man whom Shinra wants to question since the rookie games in Episode 3 about his family and the incident.

A test of abilities to test each other's prowess. And for Shinra, it is an answer that still has a ways to go, as both Arthur and Shinra get their hands into Company 1, whom their powers are not one to be judged upon.

Animation was meh, probably not a lot of action, that's why it was toned down.

An OK episode that at least sets the tone for Company 8's involvement into the happenings of Company 1.
Aug 24, 2019 12:30 AM
Aug 2019
Disappointed about the episode they missed a lot of stuff and they only put a handful of those it was like 4 manga chapters material turned into 1 episode when each of the freaking chapters was enough to be made as a whole episode.

How is it that toei freaking animation can do an entire anime episode in one piece from like 40% of a chapter of one piece and then they add 60% of filler bullshits but then these directors from david production guys have like 4 manga chapters done in 1 episode and not only that they cut most important stuff and they add some bullshits and they even change the lines.

I know i defend this in the previous episode with hibana from people who said shit but this time won't be it i am a fair guy when something needs to be criticized it gets criticized.

Here is my conclusion i start believing these dudes who direct the episodes and are supposed to be responsible for the adaptation of the story from the manga to the tv as a show they really not reading the manga at all or if they read it it's just a rushy read and that's why they cut stuff even when they are important then they change the better lines of the manga to their own adaptation of lines which are usually are inferior in terms of meaning then we have anime-only watchers saying the story the author wrote was trash because of the sloppy and unprofessional job of the directors who direct the episodes in the anime show.
GourmetforceAug 24, 2019 1:50 AM
Aug 24, 2019 3:10 AM
Oct 2017
Bit of a slow episode, imo it felt more like a setup episode for what's to come.
Aug 24, 2019 3:19 AM

Apr 2018
The 1st sure has some interesting members; that captain looks really strong though
Aug 24, 2019 4:19 AM

May 2018
All we can see here is that the 1st members were way more stronger than the 5th and 8th, and one of my favorite power is converting the fire to ice. Shinra stiil picking up a fight against the captains to uncover the truth of the human combustion. Of course Princess Hibana is now attached to Shinra and now working with the 8th to gain more information and power.

Aug 24, 2019 4:30 AM

Nov 2012
The Captain is no JOKE! I thought Shinra could of at least scratched him.

Also this part was hillarious!
Aug 24, 2019 5:38 AM

Mar 2019
The story, pacing and characters are all wonky as hell.
Aug 24, 2019 5:54 AM

Aug 2018
Good episode, from the very beginning with the lunch shared between the 2 Companies to the very end with the duel. And of course the quick shower peak was a decent addition lul

But this is getting interesting, the 1st division ain't joking around.
Aug 24, 2019 6:20 AM

Apr 2013
That guy with his music instrument is hilarious, reminds me in a good way of some characters from the author's previous work.
I liked this episode way more than the previous one, curious to see where this arc is going.
Aug 24, 2019 8:28 AM
Apr 2016
I guess the captain is able to produce physical force from fire, covering him own body in pure kinetics, stronger than steel even.
Re:formed
Aug 24, 2019 8:30 AM

Aug 2014
Gourmetforce said:
Disappointed about the episode they missed a lot of stuff and they only put a handful of those it was like 4 manga chapters material turned into 1 episode when each of the freaking chapters was enough to be made as a whole episode.

How is it that toei freaking animation can do an entire anime episode in one piece from like 40% of a chapter of one piece and then they add 60% of filler bullshits but then these directors from david production guys have like 4 manga chapters done in 1 episode and not only that they cut most important stuff and they add some bullshits and they even change the lines.

They cut a couple of parts (which btw could still be moved to other episodes so it's not "cut" until the series is over), but each of those chapters could in no way be made into a single episode. Those chapters are mainly characters sparring and talking, one episode for each would have disgusting pacing issues.
Toei was infamous for how much they ruined certain parts of One Piece by doing one chapter per episode, so it's only a bless they didn't do the same here.

In fact, the vast majority of anime series in general adapt multiple chapters per episode, especially if we're talking about shonen series with fight scenes (which become far shorter in anime form if you do a 1.1 adaptation that is not a five minutes scene for just one punch, like Toei did for One Piece).

Condensing, rewriting, managing pacing and yes, even cutting and/or moving parts are all necessary to an anime adaptation (or heck, any kind of adaptation, really).
Aug 24, 2019 9:11 AM

Jul 2009
Trumpet guy's power seems dope. I still find it awkward that Hibiki experienced a change of heart that easily after all her crazy antics, but I know better than to question the power of friendship in shounen like this. Tamaki kicking Shinra before reuniting with her squad was pretty funny.

Although this show's pacing is still mediocre, this episode is at least an improvement over the two previous awful ones.
Aug 24, 2019 9:12 AM

Feb 2011
VanishingKira said:
Losing interest.

Same. Lost a lot of interest after the Hibana arc which in my opinion made no sense whatsoever.
Aug 24, 2019 9:45 AM
Oct 2007
That stomp attack from the first division captain was quite dope. It's like variation of snapping your fingers imo and your enemy just flies away within certain radius from you.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2019 11:38 AM
Jan 2019
Great episode! He had big surprises. Wow! Those last minutes of the episode, the training proposed by Shinra, was really incredible. The creation of ice by "thermo acoustic cooling", WTF ?, well, I didn't completely understand, but Lieutenant Flam's ability is amazing. On the other hand, how the hell could Captain Burns of the first stop the deadly attacks of Shinra and Arthur, only with his body? That old man is amazing, what kind of skill will he have.

Anyway, at the moment, the infiltration plan is being a success.
It never crossed my mind to see Captain Obi and Captain Hibana working together, hahaha, well, I'm glad. I just hope she doesn't betray them.

Ps: Shinra has won Hibana's heart. Even during the barbecue, she fed him in the mouth. LOL 😂. Shinra is a true heartthrob.
Lieutenant Flam, I don't know what the hell he is trying to say, but it's funny, hahaha.
Aug 24, 2019 12:26 PM

May 2018
Boring Episode only the shower scene was the good part around here.
Aug 24, 2019 2:44 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Another episode that was not terrible, but not impressive. The 5th and the 8th division are bff's and they are going to investigate the 1st division. The only good thing about this episode like everyone in here said is the shower scene in which Maki is still the best girl.
Aug 24, 2019 3:00 PM

Aug 2019
Tamaki & Maki, are best girls in this series.

Don't know how to feel about Hinabi's sudden personality twist.

Shinra's smile is damn funny.

I do like how the protagonist has a long way to go, in terms of strength. He isn't some edgy OP protagonist.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2019

119 by Twilight_In_Hell »»
Apr 21, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2019

243 by Twilight_In_Hell »»
Apr 21, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2019

176 by ArthurKFC »»
Apr 16, 7:08 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

199 by beamtoes »»
Apr 10, 6:16 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

386 by Crispydang »»
Mar 30, 1:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.