Forum Settings
Forums

Any videos games that you hold nostalgia for or always look back on fondly?

New
Aug 8, 2019 8:43 PM

Aug 2015
(PS3)Skyrim, I will always have good memories associated with it. As an adult, I understand it's a very flawed game but I still think there is some things Skyrim does perfectly and some things it does awfully.

(PS1)Jade Cocoon: Story of the Tamamayu. The first game I ever played that I remember heavily enjoying back when I was 10 or 11. I think that game along with Ben 10, Pokemon and Yugioh paved my way into me discovering anime. I think it's a bit underrated game to this day. P.S. Also Nightmare Creatures II.

(DS)Pokemon Soulsilver and Pokemon Colosseum are still my personal favorite Pokemon games to this day. I haven't really played anything past Black/White though.

(PSP)God of War: Chains of Olympus/Ghost of Sparta. Honestly, an 11 year old shouldn't have been playing these games but man did I enjoy them. Good times man, good times. I still love the GoW franchise as a whole and I'm glad the newest addition is such a breath of fresh air with a more mature, complex story and themes behind it.

(PSP)Dissidia: Duodecim, I actually got pretty decent at this game and I remember being proud of how good was my Cecil was. I still love the combat system to this day. The newest one has something missing me for me personally.

(Gamecube)Rampage: Total Destruction and Super Smash Bros. Melee. I kind of dislike Melee now because of the competitive community behind it but I still have good memories of playing these two games with my cousin for hours and hours.

(Wii)Spectrobes: Origins and Bakugan: Battle Brawlers. God man, I used to play this game so fucking much, I probably beat Bakugan like 10 times. Meanwhile Spectrobes is still a decent underrated game.
LoknirAug 8, 2019 8:46 PM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 8, 2019 9:19 PM

May 2018
Chrono Cross, Trigger, Dino Crisis 2, Resident Evil 3, DMC 3, FF 6, Metroid, Pokemon.
Aug 8, 2019 9:27 PM
Jul 2018
i have a lot of nostalgia for the pokemon series, gens 1-4 (but especially 1 and 4) was just a golden magical time. so many memories from those times, playing the games and listening to the music just takes me right back to a different time in life, everything seemed so simple back then

marvel vs capcom 3 - on the tail end of the existence of blockbuster-esque places my friend and i would rent it like every weekend and play, so many good times

ratchet and clank 2 - best game in the series and i remember this was one of the first games i was "hype" for back when i was little, and the amount of improvements compared to the first one blew my mind back then

battlefield bad company 2 - used to play this game so much online on PS3, imo its the best FPS game ever

roller coaster tycoon - i cant believe a game this good came as a prize in cereal lol

world of warcraft - oh man the nostalgia i feel for this game, used to play everyday after school and made so many memories and friends

there's a lot more as well but those are a few big ones i can think of
Aug 9, 2019 5:45 PM

Oct 2014
If we're talking simply for nostalgia and fond memories only (i.e. not on how good/bad the game is) I'd have to say it would be Dynasty Warriors 3 & 4 on the Playstation 2. They weren't that amazing of games mind you, but they're quite memorable for me because for whatever reason, me and a couple of friends of mine were really obsessed with them and we'd just stay up all night running the campaigns over and over. Easily some of my most treasured childhood memories.
Aug 9, 2019 9:46 PM

Apr 2019
probably Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and Alien Nations
You son of a .. turtle

Aug 9, 2019 11:35 PM

Jul 2019
For me, many games. But the one that holds the most for me is probably FF7.
Aug 9, 2019 11:43 PM

Nov 2011
Warcraft III and Super Smash Brothers. Both games were part of my childhood. The Warcraft RTS games got me into PC gaming and into the RTS genre. I'm probably picking up Warcraft Reforged.
Aug 10, 2019 1:49 AM

Oct 2014
Banjo Kazooie (and Tooie): lh boy I could not stop playing these 2 games.

Pre Catalysm Wow.
Aug 10, 2019 3:40 AM

Mar 2015
Pokemon Emerald, one of my first video games and my introduction to my all-time favorite video game franchise.

Mario Kart Wii, I just had the time of my life with that game. I remember starting it up one day just to find out they shut down the wi-fi play for it and I won't lie I was so sad about it lol I miss that game.

Perfect World. It's actually a really shitty Chinese P2W MMORPG, but it was my first MMORPG so I have some fond memories of playing it with my friends and just overall falling in love with that grindy Asian mmo style lol
Aug 10, 2019 9:41 AM

Apr 2017
Awe man, this thread is making me feel my age.

Morrowind - Xbox
A hard sell for modern audiences, this is the game that revolutionized the open-world RPG. The combat system was a little funky but it fit what the game was going for. You really had to build your class and balance your character instead of killing wolves until you become a lesser-god like in Skyrim. Pre-teen Arcfloof did everything there was to do in Morrowind and it shaped how I craft my own stories today.

Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge - Xbox
At the time, it was just another game in my collection but now I look back and realize it was truly one of my alltime favorites.

Final Fantasy X-2 - PS2
No shame. I loved this game. They don't make fan-service like that, anymore.

Metroid Fusion - GBA
One of my favorite games in this genre. The setting and bosses were unique. It was what turned me onto difficult games.

Panzer Dragoon Series - Saturn/Xbox
Another favorite. This type of shoot-em-up is rare these days. I'd love to see another entry in this franchise but after Crimson Dragoon failed, I'm not counting on it.

Shogo - PC
The anime game made by americans before anime was popular. A true hidden gem that I installed on all the computers at school. It was a Macross/Gundam style mech game that had LAN multiplayer. 16 player mech battles across the school were the highlight of freshman year. I remember sitting in digital design class in 2007, the room was dead silent save for clicking and the typing of keys. Games were expressly forbidden but little did the teacher know, an 8 v. 8 tournament match was raging between a few of us in that class and a few others in the computer lab downstairs. The quiet would be broken by sharp sighs, groans, and under-the-breath swearing. I can't remember who won but the memories I made will last forever. I miss those days.

World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.
Ah, those were the days. Sleep was optional. I was the 2nd best tank on the server for a while. The first best was my guild's main-tank. I was MT for 10H ICC and he was MT for 25H ICC. My gear was close but he had all best-in-slots while I was missing 2 when Cata finally dropped.
WoW basically raised me. As a shy weirdo who didn't like anyone and had zero social skills, it was a place for me to be myself and live a different life. Everyone I ended up dating in high school hated how much I played and I think getting that good was maybe a mistake.

Where did the time go?

Awoo :3
Aug 10, 2019 10:35 AM

Nov 2008
Front Mission 2, Avenger, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Columns, Puyo Puyo, and so much more.

Aug 10, 2019 10:49 AM

Aug 2012
The very first RollerCoaster Tycoon, i still love it very much and can play it for hours and hours.
Aug 10, 2019 11:07 AM
Jul 2018
Mirai said:
Mario Kart Wii, I just had the time of my life with that game. I remember starting it up one day just to find out they shut down the wi-fi play for it and I won't lie I was so sad about it lol I miss that game.

Perfect World. It's actually a really shitty Chinese P2W MMORPG, but it was my first MMORPG so I have some fond memories of playing it with my friends and just overall falling in love with that grindy Asian mmo style lol
Same. I grinded Mario Kart Wii online so much when I was like 9-10. I got really sad when I heard they shut it down ;_;

Me and my friends started playing Perfect World when our WoW membership ran out xD. It was pretty fun and got me into other shitty Chinese MMOs like Jade Dynasty and Flyff.

The most nostalgic games for me are MapleStory, Jet Set Radio Future, Rayman 3, MW2, NFS: Most Wanted, Mario Kart Wii and DS, Guitar Hero III, Sonic Advance 2, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Halo 2, Animal Crossing Wild World, TES 4 Oblivion.
Aug 10, 2019 11:41 AM

Feb 2015
I think the only game I feel really nostalgic for is RuneScape in the mid-00's, which was a big part of my life in my early twenties. Something about internet communities as a whole just felt different than what it's like nowadays. When playing MMO's and talking about games online was less mainstream and more of a nerdy activity.
Aug 10, 2019 11:52 AM

Jan 2013
Final Fantasy 9 will always hold a special place in my heart.
The first game that truly captivated me and actually made me feel things other than joy and frustration.
Aug 10, 2019 12:47 PM

Jan 2019
RuneScape, Doom, Roller Coaster Tycoon, FATE
Aug 10, 2019 1:39 PM

Nov 2017
The first Rayman. I remember beating it without too much trouble as a kid, but when I played it again back in 2013 I found it unforgivingly hard lol. But mayne, that game means a lot to me.

Also the jazzy, catchy soundtrack just tugs at my heart strings. Rayman is one of the few things in the world I have nostalgia for honestly. It's still a great game even if I didn't have sentimental feelings for it
Aug 10, 2019 8:38 PM

Aug 2014
Kingdom Hearts and Maplestory. Two games that can make me cry singlehandedly by listening to their OSTs

Aug 11, 2019 12:23 AM

Jun 2019
A lot of N64 games. Diddy Kong Racing, Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Pokemon Snap, Smash Bros

And some gamecube: Ultimate Spider-Man, Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, all the old Tony Hawk games

Aug 12, 2019 9:21 AM

May 2016
Katamari Damacy, Okami, and Shadow of the Colossus were absolute nostalgia bombs for me ♥ I have the latter two's HD remakes but I hope that I come across a PS4 version of Katamari soon.

Aug 12, 2019 3:11 PM

Oct 2014
Secret of Evermore - One of my first games ever. I've replayed it so many times when I was younger and never got bored with it.

Pokémon yellow - God, I can still remember how I woke up in the middle of the night to play it under my blanket on the good ol' Game Boy, good times.

Final Fantasy IX - The first game I have ever bought, had such a great time playing it (still best FF ever, fight me).

Tales of Graces f - There was a time I was bored of gaming and didn't play many games for a few years... I don't know why, but someday I felt the urge to buy a PS3 and this was one of the first games I played on it. And I enjoyed it so much, it got me back into gaming with more passion than ever before. (It also got me addicted to the Tales franchise... The only games I bought that much merchandise for.)
Aug 12, 2019 3:14 PM
The Color Morale

Apr 2018
Bully, Crash Bandicoot, Operation: Desert Storm, and Ghost Recon Jungle storm. Oh yeah and Rainbow Six: Lock Down. These games made me the gamer I am to day. It's why I like platformers, tactical shooter, and open world games. Max Payne II holds a special place in my heart as well.
Aug 12, 2019 9:00 PM

Mar 2018
Literally have thousands of nostalgic games.... well anyways

PS1: some random rugrat game and others
PS2: some random curious george and jackie chan game
PS3: Darksiders/AC Brotherhood
PS4: Killzone
Xbox: Spore? I think
Xbox 360: I used to have 5 drawers full of games and they're all nostalgic but I'll choose Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Xbox One: I barely touch mine and none of them feel nostalgic. Gears of war maybe?
DS: Super Mario Bros. Remember when I bought it on release date. EVERY DS game is so fucking nostalgic to me though. Well I'm just repeating myself
3DS: Mario 3D World? didnt even like it lmao, Pokemon X/Y feels so recent still tho
Wii: Wii Sports, Super mario bros, mario party, Kirby and many more. Used to play 4 players with my cousins everyday and it was fun af.
Wii U: Only played the mario bros game on it.
Switch: Barely touch it and it came out recently
PSP: God of War: Ghost of Sparta and a random yugioh GX game I used to play.
PS Vita: I bought it first day and only played it for a week, think uncharted was the game?
Gamecube: Spiderman or Incredibles
Nintendo 64: Mario 64.

I was like 5 when I played some of these consoles btw. If people were wondering how I played all these consoles, my mum spoiled me and my brothers kept around their old consoles. Also about the Wii, I had my own but I went to my grandmas everyday to play. And AC Brotherhood, I remember trading in lower school with a friend for God of War 3. Keep in mind I was around 8 during that time. SO MANY MEMORIES UGHHHHH
oli06Aug 12, 2019 9:05 PM
Aug 12, 2019 9:16 PM

Aug 2018
-Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time
-Super Smash Bros./Melee/Brawl
-Mario Party 1/2/3
-Mario Kart 64
-Pokemon Sapphire/Ruby/Fire Red/Leaf Green
-Modern Warfare 2
-Destiny 1

A lot of these are due to the experiences I've had playing these games with friends. But even the single player games like Legend of Zelda, I'd watch my older cousin play it every weekend when I was a kid, and she would read all the lines in different voices.
Aug 12, 2019 10:09 PM

Dec 2017
I have lot of memories with these games:

Super mario bros
Zuma Deluxe
Age of Empires II
Counter Strike Condition Zero
GTA San Andreas
Aug 13, 2019 1:08 AM

Sep 2014
Too many honestly:

- Crash Bandicoot trilogy (one of my very first games)
- Spyro the Dragon trilogy (same with Crash)
- Ridge Racer Type 4 (made me a big fan of Ridge Racer)
- Need for Speed: Underground 1 & 2 and Most Wanted(2005) (those games were really addicting back then)
- Metal Gear Solid (I wish we could get a remake of the first game, don't care about Twin Snakes at all plus Metal Gear 1 & 2 but I expect nothing from Konami)
- GenIII-V Pokemon games (the peak era of the franchise for me)
- Half-Life (the only thing that's left from this series to look forward to is the completed Black Mesa...)
- Dino Crisis (seriously why don't they remake them or at least give us remasters?)
- Parasite Eve 1 & 2 (it might be bias but I found the first game's gameplay pretty unique, I acknowledge the 3rd Birthday as a poorly written fanfic)
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 and Generals (probably my all-time favourite RTS games)
- Final Fantasy IV, VI, VII and IX (the games that made me fan of the franchise)
- Prince of Persia trilogy (I miss the series and we are stuck with constant Assassin's Creed titles instead)
MonkeyDHunterAug 13, 2019 1:57 AM
Aug 13, 2019 10:38 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
A lot of the Mega Man Battle Network games and even the Mega Man Zero ones. They had some really good OSTs and just listening to them brings back everything.
Aug 13, 2019 12:17 PM

Oct 2018
PSX:
Final Fantasy 9, So many memories of this, managed to beat it and log 80+ hours in it before two of the discs became unplayable due to normal wear and tear.
CTR, I have a lot of fond memories of this game, beating the story mode, more or less, unfortunately my copy no longer works properly.
Syphon Filter 2, When I started playing M-rated (ESRB) games, this was one of my go-to games, quite fun gameplay and decent multiplayer mode.
PS2:
Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec, I have a lot of fun memories of this game, including soft-locking my save file (bought and sold vehicles until I didn't have enough money for another one)
Xbox 360:
Skyrim, my first copy of the game was the 360 port, so this is the one that has the most memories for me.
Minecraft, yeah, the really outdated port on 360 was my first, but favorite, experience with Minecraft.
Grand Theft Auto V, this game has probably gotten the most mileage of my 360 games, its just so fricking fun!
Nintendo DS/3DS:
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness, my first actual experience with the Pokemon franchise, and I'd have to say one of my favorite entries.
Pokemon Heart Gold, this was my first main series game on cartridge, before I deleted the save file, I had maxed out the internal time of the game.
Fire Emblem: Awakening, my introduction into that franchise, and probably one of my favorite entries!
Summertime days, passing gently
Sunlight, leading to an encounter;
Dreams that don't want to end
Continue onwards toward the next day
While she waits in the air.
Aug 13, 2019 12:51 PM

Jul 2009
Warcraft 3, Final Fantasy Tactics, and TimeSplitters 2. I get easily nostalgic with games so many more could've qualified, but the three aforementioned titles are those I consider truly unforgettable.

There are some games I would've added like the original Dark Souls and Deus Ex, but they're more accessible now thanks to Steam or being remastered/remade.
Aug 13, 2019 2:18 PM

Oct 2018
I never had a playstation console before my PS4 so the games that make me nostalgic differ from most people. Mostly the games that make me nostalgic are the ones that I played when I was under 10 years old.

- Little Big Adventure 2 -
It's a 3D action-adventure game that is not ultra known but meant a lot to me when I was a child. It's about this guy who needs to save the world and he has a dragon friend and it's just awesome. Defeinitely have to play it again one day.

- The Curse of Monkey Island -
Many fans of the first two games hate on this one cause it's cartoony but I love it!

- Fable -
Well this one came out a lot later than the other two. It makes me nostalgic cause it made me very emotional when I first played it.
Aug 14, 2019 2:02 PM

Jun 2019
Coming from a member of Gen Z...

Minecraft (PC)- the endless creativity was appealing to child me.

New Super Mario Bros. (DS)- the first game I beat on my own.

Mario Party 8 (Wii)- my first ever experience with a Wii.

EarthBound (SNES)- the first RPG I ever beat.
Aug 14, 2019 2:30 PM

Oct 2017
I didn't really play many games at all when I was young, but a few that I'm fond of and/or can remember are:

Kingdom Hearts
Tales of Symphonia
Kid Icarus
Minecraft
Little Big Planet

Then you have those odd games, if they're even games, such as Moshi Monsters and the whole of Cool Math Games... oh, those Papa's games. Damn I miss playing them.
BunilleAug 14, 2019 2:34 PM
Aug 14, 2019 4:31 PM
Jul 2018
Neverwinter Nights, online, with friends.
Aug 14, 2019 6:04 PM

Jan 2018
For me, it would be Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. And Birth by Sleep.
ええ、私はそこにいてそれをやった

Aug 14, 2019 6:57 PM

Apr 2010
Yeah, the first batch of games I owned for my SNES. Super Mario World, Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, Disney's Magical Quest, and TMNT IV: Turtles in Time.

The PSX and it's goldmine of JRPGs was another one. FFIX, Chrono Cross, FF Tactics, Tales of Destiny, etc. Some real fun times as a kid. It's pretty much the reason JRPGs are still my favorite games to this day.
Aug 15, 2019 1:33 AM

Jun 2016
Final Fantasy VII and IX
Resident Evil 2 (original)
Chrono Cross
Need For Speed Underground 2
Zelda: Link's Awakening
Myst
Aug 15, 2019 3:16 AM
Dec 2018
Battle Chess - My very first video game, I think I was around 6 or 7 at that time and had absoluty no clue what chess was or how the rules where. xD I still play it from time to time. <3

System Shock 2 - Even nowadays it's still the best AI vs Mankind scifi game. The voice acting and story is still so good that even most newer AAA games are no match.

Kaiser Deluxe - Playing a trading game with 4 other ppl on the same computer was fun like hell.

Heroes of Might and Magic III - The Map editor and the ability to play it in MP on the same computer made it pure gold for all kind of mischief. :D

Empire Earth - One of the most fun games with at least 4 ppl ever.(The end is nigh =D)

Project IGI - It was so hard back in the day that it was really unfair. A single hit taken and you had to replay like 30 minutes - 1 hour. oO It was still fun because it was challenging and the lvl design was refreshing.
Aug 15, 2019 4:23 AM

Sep 2008
Have a lot of them

SNES: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6, Breath of Fire 1-2, Super Mario RPG

PSX: Final Fantasy 7 & 8, Xenogears, Suikoden II, Star Ocean Second Story, Parasite Eve 1 & 2, Dino Crisis, Tales of Destiny 2 (Eternia), Resident Evil 2, MGS, Valkyrie Profile

PC: Monkey Island 1 & 2, System Shock 2, Half-Life, Planescape: Torment, Diablo 2, Vanilla WoW

Aug 15, 2019 4:26 AM

Jan 2015
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven, Legacy of Kain series, Final Fantasy X, and Metal Gear Solid series are probably the big four for me. Also great games were Crash Bandicoot, Pokemon games, and Red Alert 2. But there were many more though.

Aug 15, 2019 9:17 PM

Feb 2018
XB360: Gears 3, AC IV multiplayer, CoD ghost, raging blast 2

Ps2: Budakai Tenkaichi 3, GTA SA

Psp: Mod team racers and Dragon Ball tag team

Xbox: Jetset radio, Soul caliber, midnight club 2
Aug 15, 2019 11:43 PM

Mar 2012
Super Nintendo-Donkey Kong & duck hunt
Game Gear-Echo
N64-Mario Party1-3,pkmn stadium, pkmn snap, Mario kart, star fox, bomber man
PS-Spyro,crash bandicoot
XBOX-Fursion frendzy, goonies, halo, halo 2, quantum racing
360-halo 3
PS3-Assassins creed 1-4, AC Liberation! AC Rouge
GBA-Sims Pets
DS-Pokemon soul silver

I have many lol.
Aug 16, 2019 12:19 AM
Aug 2019
Phantasy Star Online - My first experience of online co-op RPG, & I'd still be playing it if I could. I can't wait for PSO2 next year. My social life will be non-existent, come next spring.

Final Fantasy X - My first FF game. Amazing story, beautiful score, easily relatable(sp?) characters (yes, even Tidus), first ever voice acting, great graphics, & amazing battle system. I still play on occasion, today.
Aug 18, 2019 3:46 AM

Mar 2013
Lemonade Tycoon - I played it again after almost a decade after I saw that meme said "Video Games cause violence" and someone counter it with "me playing Lemonade Tycoon. Good ol' game.

Suikoden 2 - My childhood game. Finally could play it again in a PSX Emulator.

GTA San Andreas - A game that actually makes me fond of modding in almost 8 years ago. Playing it again brings so much nostalgia to me, especially the Radio Stations.

Oblivion - The music is a lot better than Skyrim.
Aug 18, 2019 8:27 AM

Jul 2019
That's got to be Final Fantasy VII on PS1. I lived for that game! I had no idea what I was doing but still longed to play everyday. I even skipped school sometimes to play. Then one day my sisters boyfriends no-good drunk brother stole it. (He later got arrested while driving drunk and holding a flare gun.)
I'm thinking of perhaps getting the remake but it probably won't be the same.
Aug 19, 2019 10:05 AM

Aug 2019
Gothic and Gothic 2, but it's obvious for people where I am from ^.^'
Apr 25, 2021 6:17 PM
Dec 2017
Kingdom hearts 358/2 days my first jrpg and se game.

May 3, 2021 11:33 AM
Nov 2019
Well , I never had Video Games growing up and couldn't watch or play anything past T

Though I did enjoy Nationstates , Gmod , Postal 2 , Cod 4 , Max Payne 3 , The forced unleashed and some other games

May 4, 2021 9:37 AM

Sep 2012
Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 - My friend lent me his Ps2 and these games. I didn't have internet at the time so I had to complete both games without any kind of help. I'll always have nostalgia from this series.

Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia - Me and my loner self sat in the library in my grade 10 year playing this. Good times :)

Shadow of the Colossus - I had no job, and my mom wouldn't buy me a game because "you need to work for it". So I saved up allowance and ended up buying this game on a whim. Definitely didn't regret that decision as this game kicks major ass.

Super Mario 64 - This was the first game as a young kid that I fell in love with, and I ended up playing it nonstop for quite a long time.
May 5, 2021 7:35 PM

Jul 2020
Civilization IV for sure. Best one in the series and brings back memories of those times and the days when you had to go to the store to buy a PC game LOL. Yes back in the day WE had to go to a store to buy a PC game. Even though it's not that long ago, it eventually will be and we're already at a point were going to store to buy any game is becoming a thing of the past.
May 5, 2021 10:47 PM

Jul 2020
League of Legends and Pokemon are the 2 games that immediately come to mind.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Favorite gaming cover art?

_Nette_ - Apr 25

2 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
1 hour ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

58 by Jentheworld »»
4 hours ago

» Pokemon : Which legendary pokemon have you randomly came across without looking up their location?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 9

5 by H1ruma »»
8 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
Yesterday, 5:15 PM

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 4:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.