Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 31, 2019 6:12 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Even this show has a beach episode lol. Kanata no Astra can't escape the swimsuits and sun in the fun!

Pretty relaxing episode (with even some fishing!) although I do think the mood is going to get darker again. Plus, we even have the parents of Kanata showing up this episode. The crew deserved a break this episode tbh with some of the fun.
Stark700Jul 31, 2019 6:33 AM
Jul 31, 2019 6:43 AM
Sep 2015
I still haven't forgive Studio Lerche about what they censored in previous episode
Jul 31, 2019 7:01 AM

Aug 2018
Yay! Some worldbuilding. Much more solid episode than last week, with some good intrigue and little forced humor. The requisite "beach episode," fanservice included.

The more science-y stuff remains silly, but I'm trying to watch this accepting the more campy feel the show is going for, and it helps.

7.5/10 this week.
Set SCE to AUX
Jul 31, 2019 7:02 AM

Aug 2013
Pretty relaxing episode. The crew enjoyed themselves on a paradise planet.

Yun Hua looks great with her short hair.

Ulgar pointing the gun.

Jul 31, 2019 7:22 AM
Jan 2016
how much adapted manga chapters this episode?
Jul 31, 2019 7:23 AM

Jul 2017
The part with the parents possibly introduces a new subplot about the Genome Management Project to add to the assassination subplot.

The line quoted twice "It's as if my body is being torn apart" and talk of the animals on the planet reproducing through cloning suggests maybe most or all of them are clones? and their plight is some sort of test? Certainly most of the parents seem to be quite accepting of the fact that their kids might be dead, as if they know they are not!

The assassination subplot suggests that there's also some sort of disagreement within the group of parents, particularly with Marco Esposito.

Apart from that the rest of the episode was very good as well with the fanservice, the girl talk and the "confession" all being great.
Jul 31, 2019 7:24 AM
Sep 2015
Luca's father and Ulgar's father said the same sentence about losing their son, wondering what their relationship is.
It look like Ulgar is not the real enemy, as he just knew Luca's first name in this episode.
Also, all the girls show swimsuit but only three boys (out of five) show theirs, I demand 'gender equality' in this part! (Edit: It's not even a swimsuit, it's swim trunk)
PS. Kanata might act stupid to avoid Aries's questions that can be interpreted as he doesn't interest in her and not giving her hope. But since this is one-dimensional anime we can only interpreted that he is stupid.
phantomfandomJul 31, 2019 7:32 AM
Jul 31, 2019 7:26 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Only in anime could you manage to suddenly squeeze in a beach + romcom cliché episode in a lost in space survival story. Kind of mindboggling in a way lol
Jul 31, 2019 7:27 AM

Dec 2016
Nothing shouts harder the words, "generic, seasonal and forgetable" than a beach episode.

The meeting with all the parents only enhances the huge plothole from the first episode. A mountain school trip requires a teacher or tutor to guide them through a risky expedition, but a space travel with hundreds or even thousands of light years distance into space doesn't require them to have an adult to supervise or at the very least to drop them off at the doorsteps of a safe camp or building with other adults taking care of all the minors.

This planet looks even lazier and generic than the other ones, just a small island in a huge planet covered with water and 2 living species (fish and birds), but tons of fruits that even look like the ones on earth. I also wonder where did they get that lazy chair that Quittery was using to get a tan.

Lets also forget that wormhole-kun is a thing of the past, so spending a week in this planet with the least protective gear sounds quite reasonable /s

Guess this was Sasuke/Ulgar's turn to jump into the story, can't wait to hear more of the edge and resentement of this angst teenager towards daddy and Luca's family.

At least I'll have to give them credit for finally doing a segment of the story that's not solved in a single episode like the previous ones, and for introducing the element of embeding memories into people (probably like Total Recall) as a bigger part of the 2nd act of the story.
KimurahJul 31, 2019 9:30 AM
Jul 31, 2019 7:34 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode.

The moment I saw Yunhua ask Luca for a favor and eventually Luca holding the scissors, I was literally saying NOOOOO! Why Yunhua? Why? Why would you cut your beautiful hair? T.T

Apart from that, the rest of the episode was quite fun to watch.
We got to see some really pretty sights too. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It was kinda expected that Ulgar would pull the gun on Luca after his reaction to learning about Luca's Dad. I wonder what he has against Luca's Dad and why he would want to take it out on Luca.

The meeting with the parents was kinda strange, it almost felt like some of them didn't care what was going on. Their reaction was a little too composed but maybe they've just given up.
Looking forward to next week.
Jul 31, 2019 7:36 AM

Apr 2015
I'm still waiting for it to be revealed that Luca is a girl. "He" just so happens to refuse to go swimming and thus having to take of "his" shirt. But as to why "he" has been lying about being a girl? Perhaps Luca is the assassin and disguising her gender is a part of her plan. And this grade school "boy" just so happens to be able to give a girl a stylish haircut? Come on...
Jul 31, 2019 7:40 AM
Apr 2016
Carp82 said:
I'm still waiting for it to be revealed that Luca is a girl. "He" just so happens to refuse to go swimming and thus having to take of "his" shirt. But as to why "he" has been lying about being a girl? Perhaps Luca is the assassin and disguising her gender is a part of her plan. And this grade school "boy" just so happens to be able to give a girl a stylish haircut? Come on...

....There are plenty of male barbers who can cut feminine hairstyles. That does not mean anything. I don't think Luca is a girl, he's just androgynous, if he was a girl they would have went more lengths to hide it with his design.
Jul 31, 2019 7:51 AM
Jul 2019
This episode was very peaceful.I dont know about you all but i started chuckling when ulgar stick the gun on luca's forehead. Their reaction. wtf? I mean their just sitting there and watching like he might not shoot them to. Like Run!!
Jul 31, 2019 7:58 AM
Apr 2016
Although this is a beach episode, it actually builds up for a lot of stuff and gives us a lot of info regarding the bigger mystery.

There's quite a lot of talk on DNA, gender, reproduction, cloning in this episode, which makes me wonder whether it has anything to do with the kids. The stuff about boys and girls being different, Aries' heterochromia and photographic memory, the fact that Funi and Quitterie look awfully alike despite being adopted. However if Aries was a clone it wouldnt really hold up considering she looks nothing like her mother.

Luca's father and Ulgar's father saying the same line - which "It feels like a part of my body has been ripped away" which also connects to the DNA/clone thing. It's also become awfully obvious that aside from Aries' mother, none of the other parents care about the kids. This adds to the theory that the parents are all conspiring to kill them all.
Jul 31, 2019 7:58 AM

Oct 2009
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Even this show has a beach episode lol. Kanata no Astra can't escape the swimsuits and sun in the fun!

you wanted to say "fun in the sun", no? xD

Beach episode itself I wouldn't mind. Gotta have some fanservice, after all (not that there couldn't be other opportunities for that on a spaceship, but I digress).

What I do mind is how that fanservice is handled, in yet another anime: boobs, boobs, boobs all over the place, and on the other side? Kanata gets one shot shirtless, and that's basically it. Shares one with Zack in the water, but that's bad even for a joke, and Charce underwater is almost insulting with how bad it was. Apart from that, there's one still as a small photo in the ending of Kanata and Zack looking like getting ready to wrestle, and one of Charce who's - all dressed up again.

Like, holy smokes, it's a beach, can't make a more perfect opportunity for all sorts of eyecandy. Instead, it's just boobs overload. With a side dish of "boys are idiots" jokes, because those are fun, right? (I mean, they could be, but served like this they were just annoying.) It's even worse because these guys can actually draw male bodies too, from the little we saw so far, unlike in many other anime where talent only shows in boobs. BAH.
yellowheartrenJul 31, 2019 8:03 AM
Jul 31, 2019 8:00 AM

Nov 2016
At least one mother is thinking outside the box.

And with planets like that, there are worse ways to spend your time while veing lost in space xD Very enjoyable episode, also thanks to the spice:P Quitterie with clothes was probably the least attractive non loli girl for me, but her tanned and defined body is making up for a lot.

I think everybody saw the tone shift towards the end coming and let's be real, Ulgar isn't the big bad guy.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 31, 2019 8:20 AM

Oct 2009
papsoshea said:
Even this space adventure can't escape the beach episode. And really? Ulgar is the traitor? Not buying it. He seems to have some personal vendetta - the previous episodes made that clear. Luca's family seems suspicious so that only leaves him and Charce left as potential candidates - possibly Aries, she has something to do with this or her memory is being manipulated somehow. Like I said previously, its too easy for it to be Ulgar and Yun Hua. Although I am interested in why Ulgar is pointing a gun at Luca's head, their fathers don't seem to be in any sort of beef from what we saw in this episode.

Now we can see the parents clearly, the only two parents who don't look like their children are Aries, Luca, and Charce (go figure). And the part where we see Luca's dad going somewhere to take his DNA sampling run by Genome Management Project - he was once a leader opposing such a thing. Apparently, this is a law and the media were treating this as something bad. The other parents, however, look exactly the same as their children. Quittere and Funicia look like each other, and their mother (even though Funicia is supposed to not be related by blood), Kanata looks exactly like his father, Zack looks exactly like his father, Ulgar looks like his father, and Yun Hua not only looks like her mother, but they have the exact same mole in the exact same spot.

Only Aries mother seemed genuinely concerned which leads me to think that everyone but Aries, Luca and Charce are clones. Well, I think so. Cloning may be an unethical practice and illegal, hence why the parents (well some) are a part of a plot to get rid of the evidence. You see how they almost try to convince Aries mother - mostly showing no emotion? As for why the previously mentioned three aren't clones, I have no idea why but they are the strongest candidates that have something to do with all of this, I'm sure of it - and who the traitor/culprit is. The next point is why clones? And what was the purpose of making clones if it's going to cause problems where they have to go to this extent to get rid of them? Cloning, after all, is a classic sci-fi trope. Shits got my head done in. Probably lots of overthinking.

But it reinforces the revelation given by Funicia and what she overheard. There too much blatant clues to know for a fact that they were all sent to their deaths and 1 person or accompanied by a few are there to ensure they die. I have crossed out the idea of it being a suicide mission because everyone would be dead by now, especially since whoever it is/they are, they can control that time-space hole thing.

Wow, dude, did your brain go into the space-orb thingy ? You're light-years ahead right now ;)

Interesting points, indeed, the "Genome Management Project" mentioned at the same time as Charce explaining cloning is too big a coincidence. Moreover, I agree, there is too much similarities in Funicia and her adopted family.

I also ruled out the suicide mission ; the spaceship in close proximity kills it for me.

When Zack and Quitterie talked about the memory research their parents were doing, I thought the wolf among them would maybe had his memories modified and would not realise he is the culprit. But that would not explain why he cut the communicator.

Maybe, just maybe, the wolf among them had to execute the suicide mission but had a change of heart, was sickened by the adults back at home and decided to flee with the whole team in space ? But that would mean he is indeed able of controlling the space-orb thingy and that would raise the question as to why he used it again in the first planet.

Looking forward to more episodes to answer my thoughts ;)
Jul 31, 2019 8:50 AM

Oct 2014
Beach episode. Good thing the girls remembered their bikinis for space camp, OK. Lots of fanservice. This episode feels very out of place right after a 'harrowing' near-death experience.

Yolanda got a makeover. The parents were sad; many of them thought they were lost in the ocean, Aries' mother thinks they are lost in space. Searching for them in deep space is too expensive, understandably, so once again the kids are on their own. Aries tried confessing to Kanata, by instructions of Quitterie, he was too dense to realize it though. The new planet was passive, but they had to leave of course. Ulgar pulled his gun on Luca after hearing he is the son of a certain politician.

End of episode, cliffhanger. Tune in next week for more traitor shenanigans and rom-com cliches. I wish it would choose comedy OR thriller/drama, the tonal shifts are absurd.
Jul 31, 2019 9:02 AM

Nov 2011
When I first saw the screencap for the show I thought "How?" in regards to a beach episode...but here we are lol.

Yunhua decides to cut her hair looking more beautiful then ever. When the boys were in awe of her that was pretty funny. I ship Yunhua and Kanata before Aries and Kanata any day. But the way the episode went it doesn't look like Yunhua has any feelings towards Kanata especially when the girls were discussing him in secret.

Quitterie is really starting to get on my nerves now. Like I had my issues with her but never really hated her, but now she's just an annoying character in my eyes. I hope she's the one who was leading the suicide mission because that would make her cooler in my eyes.

After seeing how much Aries mother cares about her I feel like we could throw Aries out for being the villain. The possibility is still there but if they did make her the leader I just think it wouldnt make sense.

A lot of really good theories here with the Genome project and the similarities with the parents. It will be interesting if the anime can finish the story. There's no set episode count so hopefully it will be 24 and they can finish the series. I am really enjoying this anime a lot.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 31, 2019 9:18 AM

Mar 2010
A fun episode! Never knew I would like a beach episode but I prob liked this one since there was progress to the plot as well.
I don't think Ulgar is traitor and that he thinks that Luca is traitor but now that I think about it..
Luca sent them all into space and (s)he seems skilled enough to rip out the communication system. I been thinking Luca was a girl but this episode corrected me lol.

The parents seem like doorknobs or emotional-less except for Aries's mom and it seems sus for two parents to say the same thing about their missing children. Really think Luca is traitor from this episode.
Jul 31, 2019 9:34 AM

Oct 2012
I still think it's not Ulgar who is the traitor, that's too obvious. Luca, maybe? Their parents saying the same thing about their kids being missing was weird... A whole political thing going on, I guess? I think Ulgar is just going to make Luca talk and accuse him of being the traitor in the next episode or something.

Short-haired Yunhua didn't surprise me in any way. At first I thought I was going to like her, but not really so far.
Jul 31, 2019 9:44 AM

Dec 2015
Yunhua already become the best girl for me. Voiced by Saori Hayami is +1 itself. Yunhua with long hair is hotter, but with that short hair is great too.

Relaxing beach episode, and shit got real.

But I'm 100% sure Ulgar is still NOT the culprit, but it has more to do with Luca's father being the politician/senator.
JuuzouXIIIJul 31, 2019 9:58 AM
Jul 31, 2019 10:02 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Fudge, that’s quite the cliffhanger right there!

Aries, as I suspected earlier, is definitely not the ‘enemy’ and I highly doubt it is Utgar too. Something tells me it could be Luca now. Seriously beat by those parents’ expressions though, apparently it’s just Aries’ mother that seems to be on the edge. Definitely sounding more and more like an assassination indeed.

But, anyway, that aside, a fun beach episode. Lots of fan-service, amazed the girls didn’t forget to carry along their swimsuits, and some gold comedic moments here and there, a pretty good episode over all. Yunhua with the new look is definitely wholly different and the boy’s immediate expressions there just says it all xD. Cute little moment between the girls there discussing about boys, and rofl to Kanata’s obliviousness there. “Not just Girls, but all of Humanity.” - You Dumbass, lmao. Quitterie’s commentary wasn’t half-bad either. Anyway, a tense cliffhanger to end the episode. What the heck is Ulgar up to anyway?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 31, 2019 10:30 AM

Jul 2017
Man those parents really weren't that worried about killing off their children lol (except for Aries' mom)

Shipping moments were pretty cute, I wonder if by the end in the manga, any ships will sail or is it just gonna be a tease
Jul 31, 2019 10:36 AM

Mar 2017
A beach episode in space?! Awesome af haha

Wtf is going on with Ulgar?! I'm like 99.9% sure he isn't the traitor... in fact i think there's probably something shady going on with Luca's father that Ulgar knows about and so now he assumes that Luca is the traitor.
Jul 31, 2019 10:44 AM

Jul 2012
I did not expect them to fit classic beach episode into this show. Wasn't bad though, the whole episode had this relaxing vibe.

Ulgar probably isn't the enemy, I suppose it is some kind of misunderstanding, he probably thinks that Luca is the traitor.
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2019 10:49 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
LOL, there is nothing that can prevent the inevitable hot springs or beach episode. And of course all the girls packed a swimsuit for camp.
Not that I mind. Quitterie might be a spoilt, loud brat but she does indeed look se-ki-chi with that bikini of hers.

D1tchd1gger said:
The part with the parents possibly introduces a new subplot about the Genome Management Project to add to the assassination subplot.

The line quoted twice "It's as if my body is being torn apart" and talk of the animals on the planet reproducing through cloning suggests maybe most or all of them are clones? and their plight is some sort of test? Certainly most of the parents seem to be quite accepting of the fact that their kids might be dead, as if they know they are not!

I thought so too when I saw the scene with the parents. They should be more distraught than that and trying by all means possible to find them. Why aren't they? Interesting.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 31, 2019 10:52 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its nice that Yunhua was not only able to break out of the shell that her parents put her in but also use her strong vocals to save the others as well. Without her long bangs though Yunhua sure is pretty which is enhanced by her new innocent nature as well. Its nice that we finally got to see how society is reacting to the lost team. While the parents reactions are to be expected the school's one is a tad strange. Though its funny how their despair is offset by the team relaxing on a resort world though. Its nice to see just how much the bonds between the team has developed as a result of the trials that they experienced with the girls talk being the most amusing.Overall a solid ep that while doing well in showing the developing bonds between the team members also did well to show how society is viewing the circumstances of their loss as well. The relaxation of seeing the team having fun at the beach sure contrasted well with the despair that their parents are feeling back at home. Seems that Ulgar's got a bone to pick with Luca's father.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2019 11:01 AM

Aug 2018
Straw poll: Do we prefer long- or short-hair Yunhua?

I like short a LOT more.
Set SCE to AUX
Jul 31, 2019 11:07 AM

Oct 2018
Wow, what a fun episode! Thoroughly enjoyed it all and many things seemed to fall into place here.

Lots of people have already picked up on the mention of the Genome Management Project and the fact that Charce educated everyone on cloning around the same time. Not to mention many of the children look exactly like their parents, but Aries, Charce and Luca don't. Maybe they could look like the parent that's missing, for example, Charce could look his father, Luca could look like his mom and Aries could look like her father (Though a man with pink hair?? Hard to imagine). It was previously theorised before that maybe everyone except Luca, Aries and Charce are possibly clones of their parents.

Anyways, some parents seemed to not give a damn about their kids being possibly dead and that concerns me a lot. The fact that they were trying to basically silence Aries' mom about the whole thing is extra fishy. Not to mention Ulgar and Luca's fathers saying the exact same lines and later Ulgar pointing a gun at Luca?? SUPER fishy.

Ulgar the enemy? Not so sure. Ulgar only pointed the gun at Luca after finding out his last name and who his father was. But why did Ulgar have the gun on the ship in the first place?? I'm guessing he knew the child of Mr. Esposito was on the trip, but just didn't know who exactly. We just need to find out what Ulgar's intentions are in the first place and why. I'm positive it's a personal grudge.

The children's connection must be linked to their parents in all honesty, since some know each other (Zack and Quiterrie's parents, Luca and Ulgar's parents) and the rest seemed REAL fishy. The kids also show a strained and difficult relationship with all their parents, although suspiciously enough, except for Luca, Aries and Charce. MEGA fishy.

I am thoroughly enjoying this show now. Can't forget the whole who-likes-who going on. Aries and Kanata are cute, though either Kanata said those things because he was trying to hide his own feelings for Aries, doesn't like her like that or is genuinely stupid.

~ These boys must be protected at all costs ~
Jul 31, 2019 11:31 AM

Dec 2015
Spaceship said:
Straw poll: Do we prefer long- or short-hair Yunhua?

I like short a LOT more.

Short is great, but I prefer long.
Jul 31, 2019 11:42 AM
Jul 2019
Beach episodes are fun and all but couldn't they give us a little more male fan service? And I'm really happy that this wasn't a throw away episode and that there was an actual plot behind it. Also ,what's up with the fact that only one parent attended the meeting to discuss their missing kids, I mean some of the kids are explained for, but what's up with that? Wasn't it also stupid of ulgar to pull a gun on Luca in front of the whole group, why do that unless you want to be stopped or resented? As such, I have crossed ulgar of my suspicious list, I mean I already had but this sets it in stone. Let's hope that the next episode expands on the genome project...

Overall really great episode, 8.889/10.........
Jk 100% Awesomness
Jul 31, 2019 11:45 AM

Feb 2016
Can't believe this anime of all things had a beach fanservice episode lmfao, what a waste. At least we got that little bit at the beginning which was good (Showing us that at least there was a movement to search for them as well as there seems that most of the parents barely care about their kids) At least we got that Cliffhanger at the end. Other than that, this episode was literally garbage.

2/5
CrimsonWandererJul 31, 2019 11:48 AM
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jul 31, 2019 12:04 PM

Jun 2017
Wow Yunhua from worst girl to best girl real fast.

I don't think Ulgar is the traitor but he might know some conspiracy that pissed him off since there are 2 dads who deal with politics.

Also, it was strange how most of the parents didn't seem to give any fucks...
Jul 31, 2019 12:05 PM

Jan 2013
i still think Charce is the guy and then Luca's suspicion raised immensely...they really trying hard to convince us its Ulgar when we still have plenty of season left to go
Jul 31, 2019 12:09 PM

Feb 2015
Yunhua has sadly been given a shit haircut.

It's a bit odd that only Aries mother seems to care about them being lost. It's rather odd
Jul 31, 2019 12:10 PM

Dec 2015
So ... the first thing you'd expect is that Ulgar suspects the other boy - and threathens him because of it. Somehow he got triggered by the fathers name. (Him being politician.) For the others it still seems that Ulgar is the taritor because they don't know about the conversatoin. But it is pretty obvious that he just could have used the gun earlier when he found it and just killed the others then alerady - if he were the traitor.

So ... planet without male life forms? I guess with the logics and weird stuff happening out of nowhere ... we'll soon have the male humans of the party becoming ill or something - because of the planet. :D
Jul 31, 2019 12:18 PM

Nov 2007

Nothing much to say about this episode. Paradise indeed! Best girl! By the end of the next episode it will have caught up with the content I have already read. Including the death of the boy Luca. So really looking forward to it!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 31, 2019 12:41 PM

Aug 2018
This episode was definitely too beautiful to end up on a good vibe : I personnally expected some sort of male wild creatures that would attack 'em, but the negative vibe came from Ulgar.

I don't think he is the traitor, the reaction he just came after he heard Luca's name... there's something related behind that !

Talking about names, their parents seem quite resigned to believe their children are dead & lost. Some parents -in real life or fiction) never ceased to believe their lost child was alive somewhere, even years after the kidnapping or disparition. And in Kanata No Astra, we have those parents who gave up after a few weeks lul, and they ain't even devastated by such decision.
Jul 31, 2019 12:47 PM

Apr 2019
love how they cried because of the gruppies xD

damn
i thought they'd adapt the next chapter too
wasted too much time on love talk
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 31, 2019 12:48 PM

May 2011
I thought we were in for a lighthearted episode, but things got dark so quick at the end there.
''I was dead serious''

Jul 31, 2019 12:59 PM

Oct 2017
Wow Yunhua really looks super cute with short hair, gd job cutting her hair Luca.Yunhua looked super ero and cute in the onepiece and same for Aries she was sure hot in the swimsuit.Also I was surprised lol Aries really asked Kanata if he has a gf but ofc kanata gave a weird and funny reply. lol while people r worrying about there whereabouts they r enjoying a fun time in the beach ,thou it turned ugly at the last scene.I wonder what Ulgar is trying to do here.
Jul 31, 2019 2:20 PM

Oct 2017
My major gripe of this series is base on the fundamental setting of the whole series.

I don't believe a bunch of planets that're thousands of light year far away from Earth ALL HAVE SUITABLE TEMPERATURE/ LIVING CONDITION FOR HUMAN BEINGS.

This series is treating as if all of those foreign far-away planets are easily habitable for human beings.
The problem is the chance of this to happen is so unlikely because Earth itself is a miracle with a miraculous location relation between sun to get such temperature suitable for human beings.

But this series treat this aspect so lightly that every single planet they visit are some sort of tourist attraction that some kids can just do whatever they want and still have no trouble living on them.

Furthermore, let's assume those 3 planets all miraculously are in a location near some Stars that act like sun, if the spaceship has the technology to detect such planets, there's no reason other human being don't know about this. And if they know about this, they'd try to move to/ observe such planets, so the fact that those planets don't have any sign of human beings / tracks make absolutely no sense.

In Star Wars at least you can see alot of special intellectual human-like aliens living on those planets to showcase that normal human being can walk on such planets without trouble. This series doesn't bother to address any of these, treating those planets like some random holiday location like Hawaii / Desert that're similar to Earth.

All I can say is you can only treat this series as a character drama show, not a universe adventure, or you'd get really disappointed.
Ventus_SJul 31, 2019 2:31 PM
Jul 31, 2019 2:25 PM

Apr 2019
Ventus_S said:
My major gripe of this series is base on the fundamental setting of the whole series.

I don't believe a bunch of planets that're thousands of light year far away from Earth ALL HAVE SUITABLE TEMPERATURE FOR HUMAN.

They don't. Zack chose a route based on Data that had suitable conditions.
Otherwise there would literally have been millions of options.

Ventus_S said:

if the spaceship has the technology to detect such planets, there's no reason other human being don't know about this. And if they know about this, they'd try to move to/ observe such planets

Who says humanity hasn't already been to those Planets?

You son of a .. turtle

Jul 31, 2019 2:31 PM

Oct 2017
Nim0174 said:
Ventus_S said:

I don't believe a bunch of planets that're thousands of light year far away from Earth ALL HAVE SUITABLE TEMPERATURE FOR HUMAN.

Ventus_S said:

if the spaceship has the technology to detect such planets, there's no reason other human being don't know about this. And if they know about this, they'd try to move to/ observe such planets

Because there's absolutely 0 sign indicating that, which is just weird?
Jul 31, 2019 3:20 PM

Apr 2019
Ventus_S said:
Nim0174 said:

Because there's absolutely 0 sign indicating that, which is just weird?

There is, you just didn't pick up on it.
You will understand at the end of the Show.
Nim0174Jul 31, 2019 4:01 PM
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 31, 2019 4:27 PM

Jun 2014
Even a show about being stranded in space and trying to find a way back home has a beach episode in it lol. Looks like there's some suspicion surrounding Luca at the end of the episode. I'm also interested to see if there's some kind of connection between Ulgar's dad and Luca's dad since they both said that same line about their "bodies being torn apart."
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 31, 2019 4:39 PM

Jun 2010
When they want to do a beach episode, there's nothing to stop it, not even the space. haha ha
Jul 31, 2019 6:03 PM

Oct 2017
Kimurah said:
Nothing shouts harder the words, "generic, seasonal and forgetable" than a beach episode.

The meeting with all the parents only enhances the huge plothole from the first episode. A mountain school trip requires a teacher or tutor to guide them through a risky expedition, but a space travel with hundreds or even thousands of light years distance into space doesn't require them to have an adult to supervise or at the very least to drop them off at the doorsteps of a safe camp or building with other adults taking care of all the minors.

This planet looks even lazier and generic than the other ones, just a small island in a huge planet covered with water and 2 living species (fish and birds), but tons of fruits that even look like the ones on earth. I also wonder where did they get that lazy chair that Quittery was using to get a tan.

Lets also forget that wormhole-kun is a thing of the past, so spending a week in this planet with the least protective gear sounds quite reasonable /s

Guess this was Sasuke/Ulgar's turn to jump into the story, can't wait to hear more of the edge and resentement of this angst teenager towards daddy and Luca's family.

At least I'll have to give them credit for finally doing a segment of the story that's not solved in a single episode like the previous ones, and for introducing the element of embeding memories into people (probably like Total Recall) as a bigger part of the 2nd act of the story.

Agreed that they treat this island too lightly with their freaking swimsuit on even though they just got chased by that Wormhole thing in 1st planet they visited 5000 light years away. There's no reason to assume the Wormhole wouldn't chase them this time too in other planets. Why and how can they assume they're safe to even take off their equipments? They did the same thing at planet 2 too.

Apparently the audience don't care about any of these cuz they only care about titties, so a beach episode is all they ever wanted.

Honestly if this anime has any sense of realism the whole group would have been wiped in planet 1. I don't feel that they're on guard at all despite their supposedly dire situation.
Ventus_SJul 31, 2019 6:07 PM
Jul 31, 2019 6:25 PM

Jul 2016
Good episode. The next planet has a sea and delicious food. They called it paradise, and they having fun. And that last scene happen. To next episode

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2019

202 by DebiPS »»
Apr 18, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

347 by naturalbrawler »»
Mar 20, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

304 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
Mar 3, 5:10 PM

» how this is not more popular.

Sayms - Jan 15, 2022

21 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

168 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 5:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.