Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 28, 2019 4:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
We got the setup and prep for the final episode in this season.

Man, the amount of hype I have for this fight though. The doctor operation scene was also pretty dope. Scary even.

Stark700Jul 28, 2019 4:33 AM
Jul 28, 2019 4:33 AM

Apr 2009
That new GER opening is <3

I wonder why they didn't cut it as a 50 minute special, two episodes is fine but the Rolling Stone arc was always janky and this format does not do it a favour.Diavolo dying over and over again was really well adapted, though. Now let's see if and what they change about the final chapters.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 28, 2019 5:09 AM

Jul 2016
Great episode, and that freaking opening! David Production really put time into this, didn't they? I still think the way Diavolo dies is the worst death of a JoJo villain, even worse than the death of Kars. We also got to see a little bit of Sleeping Slaves in this episode, which I did not expect.

Overall, 5/5
Jul 28, 2019 6:13 AM

Feb 2011
Only one more JoJo to go boys... time for one last muda...
Jul 28, 2019 6:14 AM

May 2018
what a bizzare episode
Jul 28, 2019 6:15 AM

Nov 2010
Unfortunately, the end of this series was anticlimax. Using ample time, we got insufficient explanation and vague results.
Jul 28, 2019 6:25 AM

Oct 2017
One last epi to go ,so much hype for last epi damn.
Jul 28, 2019 6:40 AM

Sep 2014
Damn, they nailed it. Absolutely loved how they directed Diavolo's infinite death-loop especially the autopsy scene. After so many deaths he ended up with a mental breakdown when that little girl appeared before him. Now the last arc, Sleeping Slaves is on. One more episode to go!
Jul 28, 2019 7:07 AM
Apr 2016
Ah, even I feel bad for Diavolo, that sounds awfully painful, he's basically in hell, both in physical and mental torture. Uh, some flashback story it seems, I wonder whether it will connect any way to the main story.
Jul 28, 2019 7:09 AM
Aug 2018
LOL diavolo got rekkt
Jul 28, 2019 7:16 AM

Jul 2016
I was not expecting the new opening. That was sweet, as was the death(s) of Diavolo.

I'll be honest, I forgot the Rolling Stone story even existed and just wondered what they were going to do to fill the last two episodes. This fight bugged me in the manga and bugs me again now. I sort of vaguely follows the theme of breaking fate, but it still feels really tacked on. Might've worked if it was the first arc in the anime, but not the last.

BTW, if anyone's still confused about Gold Experience Requiem's powers, I found a video that explains it pretty succinctly
ChilliePeppersJul 28, 2019 8:05 AM
Jul 28, 2019 7:36 AM
Oct 2017
kuroneko99 said:
Unfortunately, the end of this series was anticlimax. Using ample time, we got insufficient explanation and vague results.

This is the episode before the ending
Jul 28, 2019 8:04 AM

Jun 2014
Damn, what a terrible way for Diavolo to go out. He sure did lose his mind during that infinite death loop, as I'm sure anyone would.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 28, 2019 8:08 AM

Oct 2017
i'm kinda confused as to why this fight is happening now? seems like a weird place to put it, especially after making us wait 3 weeks.
Jul 28, 2019 8:22 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
That OP change was beautiful!
Jul 28, 2019 9:05 AM

Sep 2016
The GER OP didn’t disappoint.

Not sure if I didn’t notice it when reading the manga or I just forgot, but Diavolo’s first death was caused by someone who took drug. How ironic!

Thanks to the flashback, we can once again enjoy the interaction among our main crew and appreciate Buccellati’s charisma. I wish JOJO never ends.
Jul 28, 2019 9:08 AM

Jul 2015
Great Episode.The GER is really the most OP stand in the canon show.

Also the investigation,really waiting for the final episode.

Jul 28, 2019 9:17 AM

Nov 2017
Arjuna777 said:

But the final episode is also out tho.

Anyway, I love this part's ending (way more than I did while reading the manga for some reasons). I guess the people that may be the most disappointed are the ones expecting Jotaro vs Dio all over again at the end of each part, but that's not how Jojo works. Golden Wind is all about fate symbolism with a lot of religious elements,
. Some people don't like how it was handled, well I do so I don't care; anyway big F for Diavolo.

Jul 28, 2019 9:36 AM

Jul 2015
Speedo_Kingu said:
Arjuna777 said:

Anyway, I love this part's ending (way more than I did while reading the manga for some reasons). I guess the people that may be the most disappointed are the ones expecting Jotaro vs Dio all over again at the end of each part, but that's not how Jojo works. Golden Wind is all about fate symbolism with a lot of religious elements,
. Some people don't like how it was handled, well I do so I don't care; anyway big F for Diavolo.
Speedo_Kingu said:
Arjuna777 said:

Yeah gonna watch now.

Jul 28, 2019 10:09 AM

Oct 2013
GER opening was super MARVELOUS!! David Production again did a fantastic job! I expected the gimmick with Golden Experience Requiem, but I didn't expect it to be that epic. :D

Damn, poor Diavolo. So far his fate is the worst among all JoJo villains. Infinite loop on dying is something unimaginable in terms of pain. Autopsy while being alive was painful and t was only the beginning. Even Kars' fate, even if awful, seems to be better. Diavolo-chan didn't deserve it. :( #FreeDiavolo

Sleeping Slaves Arc looks interesting.
Jul 28, 2019 10:36 AM

Mar 2015
FugooOoOoO I missed you my precious boy ;_;

GER OP was dope af, and I loved how Diavolo had a different color palette with each death. So gorgeous. But gomen the highlight of this episode for me was seeing Fugo again after all this time <3
Jul 28, 2019 11:15 AM

Feb 2013
I can't say I'm sorry for Diavolo but damn, he's got it rougher that Kars.
Uhm, it's weird to end with a side story though.
Jul 28, 2019 11:16 AM
Feb 2018
liked how Giorno posed like Dio in the opening
Jul 28, 2019 12:47 PM

Dec 2014
so like I am confused as to what happened...hmmm
Jul 28, 2019 1:09 PM
Jun 2019
And Im here, sitting on my chair, and looking into deep and sad text "only premium members can watch it"... Wat on earth is this bull excrement? It's a bit unfair I think :(
Jul 28, 2019 1:10 PM

Mar 2014
It was minimum TWO WEEKS WITHOUT A JOJO EPISODE and are the final episodes TvT

David Production like always doing the best openings for for each Jojo's final episode.

I'm very used to epic final battles when you punch the final boss until is over like the previous two JoJos but at least the Golden Experience Requiem's thing doesn't feel an anti-climatic s-it like the Getsuga Tenshou Finale in Bleach. The journey to gain to this point is very beafutiful and amazing.

Jul 28, 2019 1:16 PM
Jan 2016
Before I realized Diavolo was trapped into an infinite death loop I was like "Oh man, first he was rekt by Gold Experience Requiem, and after reaching the sewer he was stabbed like nothing by an extra". Now I wonder why they couldn't make episode 37 a little longer to show everything regarding Diavolo's defeat there, instead of putting the muda muda punches part on one episode, and the loop on the next. And I found the scenes where the group are in the restaurant completely out of place, since the event in those scenes happened chronologically before Giorno meets Bruno. I think they could have been placed in the first episode.
Jul 28, 2019 1:36 PM

Dec 2011
This is amazing how much heart is put into every single opening throughout all JoJo series. The visuals are always up-to-date with the story, the lyrics are so on point it almost hurts, not to mention the idea of putting actual sound effects at the end of each arc, which is simply gold (pun intended)!

Besides, wow, Diavolo is going to have it pretty rough for all eternity. I can't even imagine a punishment that would be more agonizing than this one. Plus, the autopsy scene was truly compelling—that must have been a horror, even though it was but one of his awaiting deaths. Just the sole thought of wanting to die after all this physical and mental torture but being unable to end it all makes me feel uneasy, to say the least.
Jul 28, 2019 3:02 PM

Feb 2016
PedroBV96 said:
Before I realized Diavolo was trapped into an infinite death loop I was like "Oh man, first he was rekt by Gold Experience Requiem, and after reaching the sewer he was stabbed like nothing by an extra". .

Another detail for this, is that the one who stabbed him was a dude in drugs, which makes this scene way more genius if we take in consideration that Diavolo was the Drug Dealer all along, he got killed by his own doing.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jul 28, 2019 5:29 PM

Dec 2013
I knew GER was scary but damn, a fate worse than death, almost makes me feel bad for Diabolo, almost.
Jul 28, 2019 7:54 PM

Jul 2014
PedroBV96 said:
Before I realized Diavolo was trapped into an infinite death loop I was like "Oh man, first he was rekt by Gold Experience Requiem, and after reaching the sewer he was stabbed like nothing by an extra". Now I wonder why they couldn't make episode 37 a little longer to show everything regarding Diavolo's defeat there, instead of putting the muda muda punches part on one episode, and the loop on the next. And I found the scenes where the group are in the restaurant completely out of place, since the event in those scenes happened chronologically before Giorno meets Bruno. I think they could have been placed in the first episode.

You can't really put Rolling Stone in the first episode because you either have to

A. Spoil who is going to die well in advance, which sucks out a lot of tension.

B. Continue to flash back to this beginning of the series fight every time that someone dies or flash back to it once after Bruno dies. Either way, considering how late the deaths are, this would require you to remember a fight that didn't seem terribly memorable at the time.

Also, it shows Sticky Fingers and Sex Pistols before their proper introductions.
Jul 28, 2019 9:13 PM

Oct 2015
That is the most merciless demise for Diavolo I've ever seen in any character! Even Giorno felt pity for the guy.

That was a sudden turnaround of the story with that rolling stone guy, it sure caught me off guard!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 28, 2019 11:17 PM

Feb 2017
The GER opening was great! Poor Diavolo though. I remember this flashback being neat from the manga.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Jul 29, 2019 12:04 AM

Oct 2012
Was waiting for Diavolo getting tortured for eternity
I was feeling bad for Diavolo..'s seiyuu, he's done too many screaming xD
"Signature removed"
Jul 29, 2019 1:18 AM

Jul 2016
Have not watched 39 yet but that last bit felt so weird... I assume all will make sense for me in 24 minutes time.
Jul 29, 2019 5:09 AM

Dec 2015
That Dio pose fanservice in the OP was so cool, but I don't like DP doing stuff like that, that wasn't in the manga.

Club for Fighting Game lovers : https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=77600
Jul 29, 2019 10:10 AM

Oct 2013
Annie_Goo said:
That Dio pose fanservice in the OP was so cool, but I don't like DP doing stuff like that, that wasn't in the manga.

In Part 3's anime adaptation many elements were added that were not present previously in the manga and most of people watching the show enjoyed it.

It depends on taste, however we mustn't forget that when watching an anime adaptation of anything we might see some thing changed to fit dynamics of an anime or changed just to look better or more clear than they looked in the manga WITHOUT making everything less faithful to the original. So it's like not changing, not modifying, but rather expanding in safe proportions to preserve the show's character as manga's anime adaptation.

For me this fanservice with DIO's pose and even similar hair was awesome. It made Giorno and GER look even more epic.
Jul 29, 2019 10:47 AM

Oct 2018
I think this new GER OP isn't as good as Diavolo's version
Jul 29, 2019 12:22 PM

Mar 2019
Why would you bring up Leaky Eye Luca, the guy who got killed by a power that got retconned out of existence? Why?
Jul 29, 2019 12:53 PM
Jan 2016
Hobgoblin2099 said:

You can't really put Rolling Stone in the first episode because you either have to

A. Spoil who is going to die well in advance, which sucks out a lot of tension.

B. Continue to flash back to this beginning of the series fight every time that someone dies or flash back to it once after Bruno dies. Either way, considering how late the deaths are, this would require you to remember a fight that didn't seem terribly memorable at the time.

Also, it shows Sticky Fingers and Sex Pistols before their proper introductions.

I wasn't talking about the sculptor, I was talking about the moment when the group was eating at the restaurant before Bruno told them Luca was killed. And it would have been better if Rolling Stones was removed.
PedroBV96Jul 29, 2019 12:56 PM
Jul 30, 2019 8:29 AM
Oct 2007
So basically Diavolo is stuck in genjutsu forever?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2019 4:26 AM

Jan 2011
Glad we got an updated OP with GER.
Jul 31, 2019 8:51 AM

Mar 2014
Diavolo got izanami'd. I think his fight with the gang was underwhelming, I hoped King Crimson would be more at play but he got nerfed after GER. His fate of dying multiple times on a loop is quite a torture.

I had no idea what happened in the latter half, but I really enjoyed seeing Fugo, Narancia, Mista, Abacchio and Buccellati together. I guess things will make sense in the final episode.
Aug 6, 2019 1:34 AM

Jun 2015
this is confusing this is hella confusing
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Aug 6, 2019 9:27 AM

May 2016
That Requiem Opening was gorgeous! Diavolo thinking that he's finally safe only to get stabbed by a druggie that got off on the very drugs Passione most likely sold was a very poetic way to go but that was actually just the beginning of his endless torment! If he'll end up getting isekai'd after he experienced enough pain to reach the brink of death to experience another uniquely agonizing and humiliating ordeal, I'd love to see a spin-off detailing the many instances of his suffering.

Rolling Stone's finally here and it was really bizarre for this to be covered at the very end of the anime since it happened around the end of the second episode but I suppose that it'd be better if the part ends with my memories of the Bucci Gang as fresh as something punched by Golden Experience. Mista's theory about why it's usually never a good idea to eat carnivores was actually spot on. Let's eat the vegans!

Aug 7, 2019 9:29 PM

Mar 2015
Lmao so Diavolo will be stuck in that cycle of death forever? Great!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 8, 2019 6:37 PM

Mar 2012
What the hell is going on...
Aug 9, 2019 1:29 AM

Aug 2015
Liked the OP change with Diavolo. Still love his character design. Agreed that one of his deaths was ironic, and well deserved. I think I would eventually feel bad for him...but no, still wouldn't forgive him for taking away my darling Narancia (not being able to see his smile, hear his laugh, or do what he wanted to do T^T)..same goes for the others </3

Not sure how I felt about the kind of abrupt change in story, showing the past, but we shall see where this goes :o
Aug 12, 2019 1:22 AM
Jun 2016
Well, that florist could have just asked La Squadra Esecuzioni to avenge his daughter instead. Jokes asides, we get a flashback episode this time. Also, I think it makes sense that Abbacchio would be the one to investigate instead of Mista but that's just me.
Aug 16, 2019 11:19 PM

Jul 2009
Finally back at this. Now I remember they added this extra story before the final ending.

Also, Diavolo will experience true fear. Death that will never reach its destination. Always being hunted, Always being killed in a forever time loop.

Feel bad for him, but when you remind on what he did with the whole gang. It's a fitting "End" on him. Even the OP reflects on this :O

Golden Experience Requiem is a beast! Truly the strongest stand out there!

Last episode! Gonna be sad to see this go :(
SomaHeirAug 16, 2019 11:22 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2019

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 6:22 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

146 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 5:45 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

264 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:50 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

110 by Seraschi »»
Mar 3, 4:52 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2018

77 by Leh_baka »»
Jan 20, 10:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.