Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 18, 2019 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I wonder if this show will continue the streak of its comedic moments. Quite a bit of them in this episode as well.

Seems this episode dedicates a lot of time for Momo and Yuuko again. Between the two, Momo is still quite childish at times lol.
Jul 18, 2019 11:06 AM

Aug 2012
Great comedy and i love the chemistry between Shamiko & Momo! Looks like the next episode the founder of the Dark Clan will appear.
Jul 18, 2019 11:45 AM

Jan 2017
This is actually great, some good comedic moments but for a brief moment I thought that I misclicked on a Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru episode...
Jul 18, 2019 11:47 AM
Jan 2018
Getting some real Gabriel Dropout vibes here, which is a good thing, I loved that anime.
Jul 18, 2019 1:10 PM

Oct 2010
How did this drop down to a 7.5 from over 9 last week?

Comparing this to Gabriel Dropout is pretty accurate. Also because they both have absolutely garbage localization.

First grams. She said 500 grams and they translated that as 1 pound. 1 pound is closer to 454 grams. Not even remotely the same. Then they translated 3 km as 2 miles. 3 km is 1.864 miles. So they rounded..whatever right? Except this matters in the next scene. In Japanese they said 4 kilometers next and this was translated as 3 miles. This is ENTIRELY incorrect. 4 kilometers is 2.485 miles. If you found that, that's 2 miles because you round down when it's under .5. So technically both their stupid translations should've said 2 miles but both are incorrect instead. What they should've done is just used the imperial system and not have "translated" it to begin with.

That aside, there was a lot of really goofy localization choices that were just outright not what was being said. Whoever they have translating this show at Sentai should be fired. They're not actually translating a lot of the time, they're rewriting and that's a vile thing to do to someone else's art. I won't complain in future threads about this unless there are very specific really awful instances that are worthy of pointing out on their own. It's a shame because this show really deserves better.
Jul 18, 2019 1:14 PM

Nov 2016
This is so much fun. I Love shows like this where I can smile and chuckle throughout the entire episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 18, 2019 2:01 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
This episode was not as laugh-out-loud-funny as last episode, but that's still fine! I still had some laughs and a good time while Yuuko naively agrees with everyone's suggestions.
I'm starting to really like seeing Yuuko and Momo as a comedy duo. I mean, I liked that in the first episode, but there was more of that here and it's quite wholesome to see that Momo just wants to be friends with Yuuko (rather than being enemies).
Can't wait for Lilith to appear... from what I've seen in the manga and those first few minutes of the first episode, she seems to be a very fun character!

Also, I'm probably very dumb for not noticing this, but I finally took more notice of the orange-haired girl in the opening and end credits (as well as in the eyecatch).
I haven't seen too much of the manga to see this girl in there yet, so I didn't recognize her. But at this point, I'm pretty sure she's a magical girl too, since she seems like one in the end credits along with Momo, and is seen with oranges, a fruit much like peaches that Momo is seen with.

Then I noticed that if you look at the part of the opening where you see the girls defeating Lilith (as if they were playing an old JRPG), you can see the girls' names on the top. (I can read some Japanese, like hiragana and katakana, so I recognized it.) The left name reads "Momo", the middle reads "Shamiko" (Yuuko's nickname), and the right name reads "Mikan", which I figured would be the orange girl's name.

In case you don't know (though I doubt it, I'm sure you all know some amount of Japanese after watching a ton of anime lol), "Momo" means "peach" and "Mikan" means "orange". I think that it's actually pretty cute that the magical girls follow a fruit theme in both name and magical girl outfits!

Maybe you guys already realized this and didn't pay it any mind or something, but for me it was yet another thing to smile at this show for.
Jul 18, 2019 3:32 PM

Nov 2018
this is actually far better than i was expecting
Jul 18, 2019 3:52 PM

Oct 2007
Hmm, so Momo is actually a "weak" magical girl by the standards of this anime? Shamirin better watch out for the stronger ones. :p

Running 3 miles then not have enough money to go back. Going into a 5$ debt, and having to pay on installents every month. She is easy to trick. At least the fight to the death would be delayed. I think Momo likes Shami, and just want to be friends with her. :)
Jul 18, 2019 4:10 PM

Mar 2016
There is a really sweet and heartwarming feeling underneath all of the trickery and silliness, which I don't think is very easy to do. Shamiko is my favorite girl this season.
Jul 18, 2019 5:12 PM

May 2018
Shamiko's so gullible its hilarious.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Jul 18, 2019 5:47 PM
May 2017
Good episode, not as good as the first one, the comedic timing was still there, the characters was still hilarious as before. I just don't feel it, probably because of the incident yesterday that I was not in the mood to watch it. Maybe its just me.

Jul 18, 2019 6:49 PM
Jan 2019
Thursday would be the purifying day of the week of the Anime Summer Season 2019, if "Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san" was also broadcast this day 😁.
We have two demon girls who purify our soul, is ironic xD, the same day. Latina and Shamiko.

Shamiko is adorably funny 😂.
Those 500 yen, they flew away, LOL.
Jul 18, 2019 7:09 PM

Oct 2015
Who gives an enemy their phone number and borrow money from them? I guess it could only be Shamiko, her will is still weak as ever, lol!

I'm loving this show's comedic nature right now. That cliffhanger of the new girl's appearance, I can't wait.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 18, 2019 7:53 PM

Jan 2011
this show is actually pretty godlike, the small details to the bits are great

no bully Shamiko
Jul 18, 2019 8:00 PM

Jun 2010
I'm completely in love with this anime. Poor Shamiko.

UnstableRupture said:
Getting some real Gabriel Dropout vibes here, which is a good thing, I loved that anime.

Shamiko is a poor version of Satania. XD
Jul 18, 2019 9:01 PM

Mar 2019
The hidden Gem of the season... love it...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jul 18, 2019 9:34 PM
Oct 2017
This anime is bizarre, and very funny xD
Yuuko is very funny, the faces she makes and her clumsiness are the best.
Jul 18, 2019 11:35 PM

Oct 2011
How can a demon girl be this cute? =)
I'm glad I picked this up.
Can such a dream truely exist?
Jul 18, 2019 11:41 PM

Sep 2013
It had less of the humour I really enjoyed from last week in favour of more bully humour. Not too crazy about that.
Jul 19, 2019 12:36 AM

Jul 2015
This anime is truly black horse of this season. One of the best comedies I have watched and visuals are great.

Jul 19, 2019 12:39 AM
Nov 2018
It was quiete good ep. I like how comic this anime is.
Jul 19, 2019 4:24 AM

Jul 2017
This episode is comedy gold. Though tamer than the 1st.

For one, the "match" between Shamiko and Momo was a reference to the humiliating Germany vs. Brazil score (+1 for Shamiko, out of compassion).

For two, their so-called challenge was a direct reference to this week's Dumbbell episode. And Shamiko with that 1-pound bottle...wad???

And which sensible person would give their mortal enemy their own contact and time??? And to that extent, borrow money for a 3 mile (4km, which is INCORRECT) journey back home?

It's pretty funny that Shamiko's mom know how stupid and brainbirdy she is. And to give 500 yen/month, I would have finished that in a week. Pretty sensible for the enemy to provide installment plans, unless her death ensues.

AND...Shamiko is just as gullible, damn haha. She is already tempted even before she knows.

Looks like someone is on the way to help Yuuko.

@Kougeru yes there are issues with imperial vs. metric systems. And the localization is indeed shit.
Jul 19, 2019 7:09 AM

Jun 2019
The way to deceive a poor demon girl who wants to buy a weapon to kill magical girl is very funny. I laugh so hard. Still best as the first one.

Magical Girl san reminds me Mai from Nichijou.... Emotionless face girl likes to trolling another people.
Jul 19, 2019 8:45 AM

May 2018
This anime is very funny, can't stop laughing. I don't know why Momo just easily accept Yuko like that, but maybe like what she said, she just don't want to be magical girl anymore.

And shopping center is a nightmare for your monthly pocket, trust me.

Edit : i don't know if that soccer pun and score 7-1 is related to something..... (WC fans must remember it)
TsuzukuHunter2ndJul 19, 2019 9:35 AM
Jul 19, 2019 9:01 AM
Jan 2018
need a momo spin off when she was a magical girl full time
Jul 19, 2019 9:24 AM

Oct 2014
This anime is too high-leveled for most casuals.
They wouldn't get all those references.
Jul 19, 2019 12:21 PM

Jul 2015
There's a lot of cute girls getting fit this season hunh... and girls interested in muscles... and information related the training... Murderizeing Magical Girls has once again proven to once again, be a difficult task for such the poor, frail, and ditzy little demon girl. And I love Shamiko's run, it looks so awkward.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 19, 2019 3:21 PM

Oct 2007
TsuzukuHunter2nd said:

Edit : i don't know if that soccer pun and score 7-1 is related to something..... (WC fans must remember it)

Brazil vs Germany

The relationship between Momo and Shamiko somehow reminds me of Takagi-san and Nishikata.

Can't wait for next week. xD
Jul 19, 2019 7:45 PM

Dec 2018
Cute episode. The part where Yuko is trying to resist buying things at the mall is something I can relate to so much. I'll try to resist buying things at anime cons or anime-themed stores, and then end up spending literally all my money on stuff I don't need.
Jul 20, 2019 2:52 AM

Mar 2014
The cuteness continues. I like how you can tell one of Yuko's friends is low-key obsessed with her horns and tail.
Jul 20, 2019 4:45 AM

Apr 2015
So so adorable and fun. Can see it get a bit of a faux serious 'feels' episode towards the end though which is not good
Jul 20, 2019 6:38 AM
Jul 2018
momo de ii yo
momo de ii yo
momo de ii yo

why do i love this so much
Jul 20, 2019 12:33 PM

Apr 2012
seikanyuuki said:
I'm completely in love with this anime. Poor Shamiko.

UnstableRupture said:

Shamiko is a poor version of Satania. XD

Is this really true? I love Gabriel DropOut, but I was told that MM is mainly focused on the yuri bait comedy.
Jul 20, 2019 10:48 PM
Jul 2018
I feel sad for her. They are way too poor that it makes me cry. I think I'm dropping this anime to avoid crying.

And also her friends are bullying her, it makes me cry. ;-;
Jul 21, 2019 10:01 AM

Oct 2017
This is a really cute , fun and enjoyable show. Reminds me of gabriel dropout a lot.
Jul 21, 2019 7:46 PM

Mar 2016
I'm feel sorry to shamiko....120 yen for one month??WTF!
But now its bumped to 500 yen, and yet i'm still feel bad about it

Jul 22, 2019 7:41 PM

Aug 2018
Liddo-kun said:
I think Momo likes Shami, and just want to be friends with her. :)
Thats what I think too. So far it’s very funny. Poor Yuuko isn’t the brightest bulb, we’ll see if her ancestor can whip her into shape.
Jul 23, 2019 7:16 AM

Feb 2017
literally my face when i dont know how to react cause how weird and awkward the comedy at some point

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Jul 24, 2019 9:40 AM

Dec 2018
Like how Momo is talking away the fight and do other stuff with her girlfriend ,,,She just wanna be with her!!! And after the debt the fighting thing is getting postponed for almost one year!!

Brilliant episode!!! Love it!! There are a ton of Yuri ,And i love my two mc lesbians they are so cute!!!! This have almost everything i want in a anime you had 7/10 you now have 8/10
Jul 29, 2019 11:56 AM

Nov 2009
TsuzukuHunter2nd said:

BRA71L

It's a meme now.

Also, Shamiko is so cute, I want to poke her horns....

(and apparently even her mom knows she's airheaded and weak, LUL)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Aug 20, 2019 3:15 AM

Apr 2013
Oh no! Glad that Momo came up with a payment plan xD
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Sep 29, 2019 3:00 AM

Aug 2018
Mad Yuuko is a bit adorable.. ;p Though, I also hope that her life becomes better..
These girls are bullies.. ;/
Honestly, I don't know, how I feel about anime.. Too much bully of Yuuko.. Yeah, it's supposed to be comedy, but it's just too much, if it's all the time.. Can life for this girl get at least a bit better?.. It's just sad.. In the end, yeah, I don't know, if I'll enjoy anime or will cringe on how much Yuuko is being hurt for sake of some comedy, what's not funny..
At least possession by dark sounds promising, and potential help of something from ancestor demon girl.. And still have some faith that maybe bullying won't be constant, and slice of life will change a bit.. I hope..
Nov 11, 2019 7:14 AM
Sep 2007
Shamiko being cute once again. Even her burps are cute... ^_^'

Wait, Momo is actually weak for magical girl? It's going to take a while.

Aug 31, 2020 7:46 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
For a sake of a family reason, Shamiko continued her life as a demon poor girl. What a pity life she had. However, the magical girl had some respect (or a condescension felt by Yuuko's perspective) toward their activity. Still, i found their relations kinda amusing to be watched. Especially with Yuuko reaction, and Momo's plain face make their conversation kinda cute and sweet. They just ended up the whole fighting scheme into a relax marathon run's under the twilight. a pretty soothing, eh? Lmao.

Yuuko's mom surely had a high expectations. But, its just ended up with another bullied and too easy to be manipulated. No result from the fight, just made her forget the whole mission. Lmao. Why girl, why?? I mean, Yuuko's forced to made a debt. She trying to made a weapon, but ended up to spend all of her allowances in one day full of shopping. She suddenly get broke after she got an increased of her allowances. Well, at least she had a fun with her friend, and somehow she just made her relations with Momo closer than i think. Well. How long she suffer the loss? Let see the next one! I hope that chick demon leader had a big guts to make a good banter!
badabassAug 31, 2020 7:56 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 26, 2021 1:18 AM

Feb 2020
I like the chemistry between Yuuko and her classmates.

Now the serious training will begin. Will Yuuko be able to subdue Momo? I seriously doubt that. xD

SerafosDec 23, 2023 3:42 AM
May 19, 2022 8:08 PM

Jan 2019
Honestly I've really enjoyed the comedic writing thus far.

If this show can keep it up, and keep this formula from growing stale, it'll be a great little hidden gem.
Jul 1, 2022 10:04 AM
Jul 2022
So because season 2 just came out this season, I decided to watch the first season, kind of a cute premise. I will say all I really feel about this is bad for the protagonist, her Mom is forcing her to be a demon, her best friend is just an awful person, the only person who’s actually decent to this poor girl is her supposed enemy. Why is a girl who never asked for this “power” and treated like garbage by all her supposed loved ones considered funny. I never understand this type of humor or why people think it’s funny. Yeah, I really hate the best friend, let’s hope she meets truck-kun, she really is a shit person
gstrom72Jul 1, 2022 10:14 AM
Mar 2, 2023 1:51 PM
Feb 2020
I mean Momo is right, jogging is in fact great
Mar 21, 2023 7:05 PM

Mar 2022
I'm really liking the chemistry between Yuko and Momo at the moment, they make a really good comedy duo for me. Again it's surprisingly funny to me, it's very enjoyable of a show and seems to be an easy watch for me. Looks Yuko's ancestor is going to pay our ditzy demon girl a visit next episode. 
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2019

95 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 5:52 PM

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2019

38 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 5:52 PM

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2019

33 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2019

36 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2019

33 by WELLERM »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.