Forum Settings
Forums

What upcoming anime are you most excited about? And why?

New
Jun 26, 2019 9:46 AM

Nov 2018
I am most excited about Re:Zero and Dr Stone. Dr stone looks like it could be really good.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 26, 2019 9:59 AM
Jul 2018
Most excited about Vinland Saga. Followed closely by Lord El-Malloi.
Am curious about Dr. Stone and Fire Force.

Edit: Forgot the add the why part.
Vinland Saga - Have heard the story is good. And Wit Studio. Plus from what I've seen in the trailers, the OP and ED could be great.
Lord El-Malloi - I really liked the prequel episode. Waiver seems to be very different from your usual protagonist. He's tired and insecure and geeky; it's endearing. Also, Yuki Kajiura.
Dr. Stone - I've heard good things about the manga. The trailer didn't grab me, though, so I'm waiting to see how it turns out.
Fire Force - What can I say? I enjoy a shounen if it has high production values. Seems to have potential.
removed-userJun 26, 2019 10:08 AM
Jun 26, 2019 10:08 AM

Oct 2018
-Vinland Saga
-7 Seeds
-Bem
-Dr.Stone
-Dorohedoro
-Fire Force
-Astra Lost in Space
-No Guns Life

They all look amazing.

Jun 26, 2019 10:10 AM
Jul 2018
Vinland Saga because I want to see how Thorfinn turns into an edgy Kaneki in the adaptation.
Jun 26, 2019 10:15 AM

Apr 2019
I am so excited for Vinland Saga. The art style looked really good from what I've seen. Any action, adventure, and seinen anime are welcome for me. Another thing is because it's set in the Viking Age, which is rare in anime.
Jun 26, 2019 10:18 AM

Jan 2018
Vinland Saga will likely be one of my favourite anime so that.
Jun 26, 2019 10:20 AM

Nov 2018
Thorf said:
Vinland Saga will likely be one of my favourite anime so that.

Just checked out the synopsis of vinland saga it looks like it could be really good actually
Jun 26, 2019 10:21 AM

Nov 2016
Fire Force!🔥 We need another hype af battle shounen.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 26, 2019 10:25 AM

Feb 2017
Right now I am most excited for Vinland Saga as it is one of my favorite manga. It looks like it's shaping to be a good adaptation.

I'm also excited for the 3rd season of Psycho Pass. Season 2 was less than optimal, so I hope Production I.G can bring the franchise back on its feet. Not expecting it to be as good as season 1 was tho.

Also excited for new Ghost in the Shell just as much as I'm worried. It being full 3dcg has great chances of not looking good. Then again, it's SAC and Kenji Kamiyama, and so far IG has always made GitS look great, so I remain optimistic.
Jun 26, 2019 10:27 AM
Jul 2018
Vinland Saga is my favorite manga of all time, so I'm obviously excited for that the most.

@operationvalkyri

As someone caught up with the manga, I can tell you Vinland's story is freaking amazing. If all goes well, it'll be hailed as a classic among anime like Berserk and Monster.
Jun 26, 2019 10:32 AM
Jul 2018
Dr. Stone cause the manga's great .. the rest I'll just check and let it surprise me, maybe there's more for me - hearing only good things about Vinland Saga f.e. but haven't read it
Jun 26, 2019 10:34 AM

Mar 2015
Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? because uhhh reasons.
Jun 26, 2019 10:37 AM
Jul 2018
HopefulNihilist said:
Vinland Saga is my favorite manga of all time, so I'm obviously excited for that the most.

@operationvalkyri

As someone caught up with the manga, I can tell you Vinland's story is freaking amazing. If all goes well, it'll be hailed as a classic among anime like Berserk and Monster.
I've heard multiple people say it's their all-time favourite and up there with the classics. So, yeah, I'm excited. Though, my excitement dampened a bit when I found out that it's by the same mangaka who wrote Planetes, and while the setting, scope and certain sequences of that show were fantastic, the characters left a lot to be desired. Still hopeful, though.
Jun 26, 2019 10:38 AM
Jul 2018
operationvalkyri said:
HopefulNihilist said:

@operationvalkyri

I've heard multiple people say it's their all-time favourite and up there with the classics. So, yeah, I'm excited. Though, my excitement dampened a bit when I found out that it's by the same mangaka who wrote Planetes, and while the setting, scope and certain sequences of that show were fantastic, the characters left a lot to be desired. Still hopeful, though.

I don't think you'll be dissapointed with the characters in Vinland Saga: nearly all of them have an interesting personality without coming off as quirky, and have a decent amount of depth, particularily the MC Thorfinn, who has one of the most interesting character developments I've seen.
Jun 26, 2019 10:43 AM

Jun 2015
Top wo Nerae 3!
Can't wait to see where they take the series 15+ years after Diebuster came out
Jun 26, 2019 10:47 AM
Jul 2018
HopefulNihilist said:
I don't think you'll be dissapointed with the characters in Vinland Saga: nearly all of them have an interesting personality without coming off as quirky, and have a decent amount of depth, particularily the MC Thorfinn, who has one of the most interesting character developments I've seen.
Great to know! The show will fill the Monday void that would have been left because of AoT and Dororo ending so that's great, too.
Jun 26, 2019 10:48 AM

Jun 2019
Not new as a whole, but at this point I think the only upcoming set to air anime I know I'll be watching and am looking forward to is season two of Yuru Camp.
Jun 26, 2019 10:48 AM
Nov 2018
Surprised no one has said Danmachi S2
I loved Danmachi so i’m looking forward to this upcoming season
And also of course Vinland Saga just like everyone else
Jun 26, 2019 12:15 PM
Jan 2019
Fire Force.

- Written by Atsushi Okubo.
- Animated by David Production.

Do I need to say more?
Jun 26, 2019 12:17 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Jun 26, 2019 12:26 PM
Jan 2018
Astra Lost in Space... SPACE SPACE SPACE
Jun 26, 2019 12:26 PM

May 2018
Hm, as rarely as that happens, nothing really.
But Fire Force and Vinland Saga look sort of interesting so I'll go with those two only this season and use the rest of the time to watch some of the backlog anime that I haven't finished started yet.
Jun 26, 2019 12:33 PM

Oct 2013
Dr. Stone
Re Zero S2
Vinland Saga
Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator
Nanatsu no Tazai S3
Boku no Hero Academia S4
Sword art Online Alicization war of underworld
High Score girl S2
Jun 26, 2019 12:35 PM

Nov 2018
Sawada-SA said:
Dr. Stone
Re Zero S2
Vinland Saga
Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator
Nanatsu no Tazai S3
Boku no Hero Academia S4
Sword art Online Alicization war of underworld
High Score girl S2

Oh shit how did i forget about my hero academia? Im pretty exited about that too.
Jun 26, 2019 12:54 PM
Dec 2017
excited for :
Danmachi S2
Shokugeki no Souma ( even if the last arc in manga was bad i'm still excited for more souma)
Oregairu S3
Konosuba movies
AoButa movies

I'm not excited for anything else
Jun 26, 2019 1:04 PM

Jan 2017
Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator. Goes without saying I love the Toaru world.
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun 3. Same as above.
Re Zero S2. I loved the 1st season and I am reading the Light Novels 2.
Danmachi S2. I am a Hestia fan.
High Score Girl S2. I want more Ono.
SAO Alicization Need to finish the series.
KamijouToumaIBJun 26, 2019 2:10 PM
Jun 26, 2019 1:05 PM
Haruna Sairenji

Jan 2017
Fragtime
Symphogear XV
Vinland Saga
Jun 26, 2019 1:13 PM

Oct 2018
Dorohedoro, Vinland Saga, MoDaoZuShi 2, and Ensemble Stars.

Mostly just hyped for stuff I'm already familiar with ngl.

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Jun 26, 2019 1:22 PM
Apr 2018
- Kengan Ashura
- Hi Score Girl s2

Also Dr.stone since it has sci fi tag.
Jun 26, 2019 1:46 PM
May 2015
At this point:

Tokunana - looks like Blood Blockade Battlefront meets Persona
Fate Grand Order - Babylon and Camelot stories (prequels tales of Artoria and Gilgamesh sound cool IMO)
Hello World - a time travel tale that looks cool
Vlad Love - an interesting anime romantic comedy

Haneken2086Jun 26, 2019 1:57 PM
Jun 26, 2019 3:31 PM
Jul 2018
What am I most excited for? Danmachi S2, Because I am a basic bitch and I don't care who knows it. Also the Konosuba Movie 100%. Bonus: If the Natsume Movie doesn't find its way to my monitor by December, I will hop my happy ass on a plane for 16 hours and go watch it.

When I picked my next season shows to watch I didn't even have any interest in Vinland Saga, but since its got all the hype in this thread I might check it out. Interesting pick though, despite all the names tied to it, I just get this BLEH vibe from the promos. Maybe its cause I live that viking life.

So, The shows I have elected to watch are:

1. BEM Cause what a concept this is. Monsters fighting for humans in hopes of becoming human. This is gonna be the shit I can feel it!

2. Dr. Stone Sweet sounding premise. I feel like a good dystopic vibe with a slow creeping plot can be expected here. Cant wait!

3. Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Ah YEA, That slow over powered Isekai action is why I even anime bro!

4. A certain scientific accelerator So dude is the best esper doing some stuff and things, sounds over powered, I like it already.

5. Isekai Cheat Magician What!?! Another Isekai, with over powered mains, summer 2019, the season that never stopped giving.

6. Maou-Sama Retry! Video game based Isekai with a demon lord theme. Sure its been done before, but lets see how it goes without all the ecchi shit, and a more serious tone. The protag also looks cool as hell. He clicks a zippo in the promo, if that doesn't say bad ass I don't know what does.

7. Okaasan Online WAIT A FREAKING MINUTE!?!?!?!? Isekai, but with your mom. Dude who doesn't love their mom? I'd chill out and play video games with my mom. The name Your Moms Normal Attack are Equal to Two Full Power Attacks.. makes it sound like mom is going to be the over powered "protagonist assistant" type. I think this has some super daww and aww potential. Looking forward to it.

8. Astra Lost in Space Honestly I have no Idea if this is going to be any good or not. Animation looks a little dated but story seems pretty cool. I am going into this one with a bit less optimistic but here is hoping!

9. Granbelm Magical Girls in Mobile Suits, that's about a good a reason as any!

10. If its for my daughter, id even defeat a demon lord This anime looks a bit dated in the animation department from what the promos show, but it also looks like its going to be super adorable with a lot of good feels.

Its gonna be a good summer for Anime, especially if you like that Isekai with an over powered protag vibe. There are a few ecchi's I'm probably gonna watch, but if they get to intense or creepy, I'll just drop em. So why even mention them when they already carry a probs gonna drop statistic into battle.

QUICK EDIT: I don't want to get to much into fall details on a thread before summer even happens, but Kemono Michi Seems like its gonna be pretty sweet.

removed-userJun 26, 2019 3:47 PM
Jun 26, 2019 3:55 PM

Jul 2011
Vinland Saga because I'm reading it and Idk what other anime will be airing but I can't care less

Jun 26, 2019 9:45 PM

Dec 2016
Dr. Stone

My Hero Academia continuations.

Stop counting.
Jun 26, 2019 9:50 PM

Jan 2009
Fire Force, Vinland Saga and My Hero Academia
i did not add Promare because i doubt it will have fansubs this year (unless a camera rip will be available)
Jun 26, 2019 9:52 PM

Apr 2019
KamijouToumaIB said:

Re Zero S2.
Danmachi S2.
High Score Girl S2.

These and +

Oregairu S3
Chihayafuru S3
Quintuplets S2
Slime S2
Shokugeki no Souma S4
Tenki no ko (Movie)

2019 is gonna be so damn lit.

Jun 26, 2019 10:02 PM
Apr 2019
Vinland Saga because it is good in manga and WIT is animating it
Jun 26, 2019 10:20 PM

Sep 2010
Psycho Pass season 3 I really want to see how Akane is doing and why she isn't a main character anymore. I hope season 3 will have the same quality as season 1 and the first Psycho Pass movie.

The Legend of the Galactic Heroes movies cause I kinda warmed up to this newest adaption of the novels. Sure the original is better,but its still nice to see a new fresh spin on things and what they will add cause while watching this version some things happen differently or new things that were not in the original were present. The only flack I will always have is that I hate Reinhard's and Kircheis's character designs they are way too generic for my tastes.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jun 26, 2019 10:22 PM
May 2018
Most excited about Oregairu 3. More 8man is a nice thing.
Jun 26, 2019 10:27 PM

Jan 2018
Vinland Saga, because of how much praise the source material has received. Everything else looks mediocre at best, but as always, I'm still hoping for a sleeper hit. Bem could very well be that, but I'm not gonna put money on it or anything. We shall seeeeee.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Jun 26, 2019 10:47 PM
Dec 2017
I'm most excited about Dr Stone and the new seasons of Psycho Pass, Seven Deadly Sins, My Hero Academia, and The Promised Neverland. I'm wondering if I should watch Nakanohito Genome and Pet.
Jun 26, 2019 11:00 PM
Oct 2017
Vinland Saga, Re Zero 2 and Oregairu 3 for - you know the drill.

But I'm also excited to see how Kanata no Astra (Astra Lost in Space) gets received. I personally enjoyed the manga a lot and since it has the elements to become poplar while being considered 'good' by the majority, I hope it will bring the well-deserved recognition for our underrated mangaka of Sket dance, Shinohara Kenta.
trenchantbakaJun 26, 2019 11:17 PM
Jun 26, 2019 11:09 PM
Jan 2015
Case Files, Bunny Girl Senpai movie, Oregairu s3, Re:Zero s2, Heavens Feel II & III, FGO Camelot movies, MHA s4, quintuplets s2, and FGO Babylonia.
My Queens

Jun 26, 2019 11:11 PM

Jan 2016
the show about Waver as a grown up and Dr. Stone if we're talking bout the shit coming next week.
Jun 26, 2019 11:16 PM

Aug 2014
I look forward to these the most due to already being a fan of these franchises.

series
Madoka Magica Side Story: Magia Record
The Promised Neverland season 2
Psycho-Pass 3
A Certain Scientific Accelerator
A Certain Scientific Railgun 3

movies
Madoka Magica movie 4 (Eventually...)
Fate/stay night Movie: Heaven's Feel - III. Spring Song
Made In Abyss sequel (I believe the sequel will be the upcoming film.)
Saga Of Tanya The Evil
Psycho-Pass: Sinners Of The System (trilogy)
Evangelion: 3.0+1.0
Jun 26, 2019 11:18 PM

Feb 2018
Dr. Stone and Fire force, I read the first tome of Dr. Stone and it wad great and a good friend of mine recommended me fire force so yeah!!
Jun 26, 2019 11:47 PM

May 2018
7 Seeds - sounds good but it's by Gonzo...
Kanata no Astra - I am hope it has some space adventures in it .
Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e - "used dark magical arts"...interesting.
Naka no Hito Genome [Jikkyouchuu] - "based on shounen adventure psychological manga"...sounds demented thus it could be a 'so bad that it's good' show.
Tsuujou Kougeki ga Zentai Kougeki de Nikai Kougeki no Okaasan wa Suki Desuka? - "transported into a video game with your mom"...isekai overkill, will check it.
Sounan Desuka? - I always fall for the "on mysterious island" setting and got burned...last time it was YU-NO, before it Island ect.
Enen no Shouboutai - "fire brigades are fighting against a phenomenon called spontaneous human combustion"...and it's from the creator of Soul Eater. Sounds interesting.
Granbelm - is this genuine mecha or one of those trashy "throw everything at the wall and see what sticks" shows? Will find out.
Lord El-Melloi II-sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note - I like detective shows and the special was good.
Vinland Saga - just to prove to myself again that I hate studio Wit.
Bem - the freshest idea from this season...and it's a remake. This tells a lot about contemporary anime.
Cop Craft - wow, legs!
Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator - I hope it wouldn't get the Index III treatment.
Jun 26, 2019 11:52 PM

Oct 2018
Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru, Lord El-Melloi II-sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note, Dr. Stone and Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator. This season's looking good
Jun 27, 2019 12:26 AM

May 2014
Beastars. I've read the manga and it's already in my top 10. The studio adapting it did Houseki no Kuni, so i can expect the adaptation to be amazing as well.
Jun 27, 2019 7:40 AM

Jun 2015
dr stone synopsis read good,

isekai mom, if they focus on the mom will be epic.

the dad raises adopted demon and marries her.... shit too.

I have heard its the best anime never made, so lets hope this so called saviour of anime abt nords lives up.
Jun 27, 2019 8:03 AM

Oct 2017
Vinland Saga is the one I'm most looking forward to by a long shot, the manga is fantastic. Also excited for the second seasons of King's Avatar and Mo Dao Zu Shi as I enjoyed their first seasons. There's also 7 seeds and Dr. Stone which just look interesting.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Best Trap Character in Anime? ( 1 2 )

GoatPieceLuffy - 3 hours ago

60 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
36 seconds ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

67 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
3 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 9 hours ago

29 by Jackson1333 »»
4 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

66 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
5 minutes ago

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - 3 hours ago

24 by EverRealm »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.